Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on collagen in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Johnson F, Saigal B, Talpaz M, Donato N. Dasatinib (BMS-354825) tyrosine kinase inhibitor suppresses invasion and induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and non-small cell lung cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6924-32 pubmed..This study showed that Src inhibition in HNSCC and NSCLC has antitumor effects in vitro. This suggests that dasatinib would have therapeutic activity against these tumors. Clinical studies in these tumor types are warranted. ..
- Dai Y, Zhang W, Wen J, Zhang Y, Kellems R, Xia Y. A2B adenosine receptor-mediated induction of IL-6 promotes CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:890-901 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that A(2B)R-mediated induction of IL-6 contributes to renal fibrogenesis and shows potential therapeutic targets for CKD. ..
- Ferdous Z, Lazaro L, Iozzo R, Hook M, Grande Allen K. Influence of cyclic strain and decorin deficiency on 3D cellularized collagen matrices. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2740-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that decorin-mediated tissue organization is strongly dependent upon tissue type and mechanical environment. ..
- Galera P, Park R, Ducy P, Mattei M, Karsenty G. c-Krox binds to several sites in the promoter of both mouse type I collagen genes. Structure/function study and developmental expression analysis. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21331-9 pubmed..Thus, our findings suggest that c-Krox is one transcription factor controlling the coordinated expression of the two type I collagen genes in skin. ..
- Gunja N, Huey D, James R, Athanasiou K. Effects of agarose mould compliance and surface roughness on self-assembled meniscus-shaped constructs. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2009;3:521-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, wells made from 1% agarose were able to prevent construct buckling potentially, due to their higher compliance. ..
- Mian B, Dinney C, Bermejo C, Sweeney P, Tellez C, Yang X, et al. Fully human anti-interleukin 8 antibody inhibits tumor growth in orthotopic bladder cancer xenografts via down-regulation of matrix metalloproteases and nuclear factor-kappaB. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:3167-75 pubmed..Our data point to the potential use of ABX-IL8 as a modality to treat bladder cancer and other solid tumors, either alone or in combination with conventional chemotherapy or other antitumor agents. ..
- Kim H, Litzenburger B, Cui X, Delgado D, Grabiner B, Lin X, et al. Constitutively active type I insulin-like growth factor receptor causes transformation and xenograft growth of immortalized mammary epithelial cells and is accompanied by an epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition mediated by NF-kappaB and snail. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3165-75 pubmed..This study places IGF-IR among a small group of oncogenes that, when overexpressed alone, can confer in vivo tumorigenic growth of MCF10A cells and indicates the hierarchy in the mechanism of IGF-IR-induced EMT. ..
- Gunja N, Athanasiou K. Effects of co-cultures of meniscus cells and articular chondrocytes on PLLA scaffolds. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009;103:808-16 pubmed publisher..Overall, it was demonstrated that co-culturing MCs and ACs on PLLA scaffolds results in functional tissue engineered meniscus constructs with a spectrum of biochemical and biomechanical properties. ..
- Deswal A, Richardson P, Bozkurt B, Mann D. Results of the Randomized Aldosterone Antagonism in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction trial (RAAM-PEF). J Card Fail. 2011;17:634-42 pubmed publisher..Whether these favorable effects will translate into morbidity and mortality benefit in HFpEF remains to be determined. ..
- Visbal A, LaMarca H, Villanueva H, Toneff M, Li Y, Rosen J, et al. Altered differentiation and paracrine stimulation of mammary epithelial cell proliferation by conditionally activated Smoothened. Dev Biol. 2011;352:116-27 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results also have potential implications for the interpretation of proliferative phenotypes commonly observed in other organs as a consequence of hedgehog signaling activation. ..
- Pressman C, Chen H, Johnson R. LMX1B, a LIM homeodomain class transcription factor, is necessary for normal development of multiple tissues in the anterior segment of the murine eye. Genesis. 2000;26:15-25 pubmed..Taken together, our studies suggest a developmental etiology for glaucoma in NPS patients and highlight lmx1b as an essential regulator of anterior segment morphogenesis and patterning. genesis 26:15-25, 2000...
- Ross C, Liang X, Liu Q, Murray B, Hook M, Ganesh V. Targeted protein engineering provides insights into binding mechanism and affinities of bacterial collagen adhesins. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34856-65 pubmed publisher..Finally, we noted that several engineered proteins that exhibited a weak interaction with CI recognized more sites on CI, suggesting an inverse correlation between affinity and specificity. ..
- Bullard D, Hurley L, Lorenzo I, Sly L, Beaudet A, Staite N. Reduced susceptibility to collagen-induced arthritis in mice deficient in intercellular adhesion molecule-1. J Immunol. 1996;157:3153-8 pubmed
- Hu Q, Bhattacharya C, Maity S. CCAAT binding factor (CBF) binding mediates cell cycle activation of topoisomerase IIalpha. Conventional CBF activation domains are not required. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37191-200 pubmed
- Doherty S, Doherty C, Markus J, Markus R. A paradigm for facial skin rejuvenation. Facial Plast Surg. 2009;25:245-51 pubmed publisher..Their results are promising but require further study. ..
- Homan E, Lietman C, Grafe I, Lennington J, Morello R, Napierala D, et al. Differential effects of collagen prolyl 3-hydroxylation on skeletal tissues. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004121 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest differential tissue consequences due to selective inactivation of P3H1 hydroxylase activity versus complete ablation of the prolyl 3-hydroxylation complex. ..
- Humtsoe J, Kim J, Xu Y, Keene D, Hook M, Lukomski S, et al. A streptococcal collagen-like protein interacts with the alpha2beta1 integrin and induces intracellular signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13848-57 pubmed..These studies, for the first time, suggest that the collagen-like proteins of prokaryotes retained not only structural but also functional characteristics of their eukaryotic counterparts. ..
- Resetkova E, Albarracin C, Sneige N. Collagenous spherulosis of breast: morphologic study of 59 cases and review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006;30:20-7 pubmed..Caution is needed not to overinterpret collagenous spherulosis as atypical or ductal carcinoma in situ, especially on core needle biopsy specimens. ..
- Seo N, Russell B, Rivera J, Liang X, Xu X, Afshar Kharghan V, et al. An engineered alpha1 integrin-binding collagenous sequence. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31046-54 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Scl2 is a suitable backbone for the introduction of mammalian integrin-binding sequences, and these sequences may be manipulated to individually target ?1?1 and ?2?1. ..
- Guthikonda S, Mangalpally K, Vaduganathan M, Patel R, DeLao T, Bergeron A, et al. Increased platelet sensitivity among individuals with aspirin resistance - platelet aggregation to submaximal concentration of arachidonic acid predicts response to antiplatelet therapy. Thromb Haemost. 2008;100:83-9 pubmed publisher..04). In conclusion, platelets in AR subjects demonstrate increased basal sensitivity to submaximal stimulation, which could predict responses to antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Baldridge D, Lennington J, Weis M, Homan E, Jiang M, Munivez E, et al. Generalized connective tissue disease in Crtap-/- mouse. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10560 pubmed publisher..Loss of this activity leads to a multi-systemic connective tissue disease that affects bone, cartilage, lung, kidney, and skin...
- Chang E, Liu J. Prospective unbiased experience with three acellular dermal matrices in breast reconstruction. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:365-370 pubmed publisher..01). While there are differences between available ADM, successful outcomes can be achieved with proper patient selection, sound surgical technique, and diligent post-operative management. ..
- Hoben G, Koay E, Athanasiou K. Fibrochondrogenesis in two embryonic stem cell lines: effects of differentiation timelines. Stem Cells. 2008;26:422-30 pubmed
- Danila D, Johnson E, Kee P. CT imaging of myocardial scars with collagen-targeting gold nanoparticles. Nanomedicine. 2013;9:1067-76 pubmed publisher..This information would enable clinicians to judge the recovery potential of myocardium more accurately than the current CT-scan based approaches. ..
- Vela D, Silva G, Assad J, Sousa A, Coulter S, Fernandes M, et al. Histopathological study of healing after allogenic mesenchymal stem cell delivery in myocardial infarction in dogs. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:167-76 pubmed publisher..MSCs delivered during the subacute phase of acute myocardial infarction positively affect healing, apparently by mechanisms other than differentiation into mature native cardiac cells. ..
- Campbell K, Burns N, Rios C, Mathur A, Butler C. Human versus non-cross-linked porcine acellular dermal matrix used for ventral hernia repair: comparison of in vivo fibrovascular remodeling and mechanical repair strength. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;127:2321-32 pubmed publisher..However, HADM has greater cellular and vascular infiltration. Longer-term studies will help determine whether later differences in material strength, stiffness, and remodeling affect hernia and/or bulge incidence. ..
- Smith S, Wastney M, O Brien K, Morukov B, Larina I, Abrams S, et al. Bone markers, calcium metabolism, and calcium kinetics during extended-duration space flight on the mir space station. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:208-18 pubmed..01). These bone marker and calcium kinetic studies indicated that the bone loss that occurs during space flight is a consequence of increased bone resorption and decreased intestinal calcium absorption. ..
- Chunn J, Mohsenin A, Young H, Lee C, Elias J, Kellems R, et al. Partially adenosine deaminase-deficient mice develop pulmonary fibrosis in association with adenosine elevations. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L579-87 pubmed
- Bujak M, Ren G, Kweon H, Dobaczewski M, Reddy A, Taffet G, et al. Essential role of Smad3 in infarct healing and in the pathogenesis of cardiac remodeling. Circulation. 2007;116:2127-38 pubmed..Thus, the Smad3 cascade may be a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of myocardial infarction. ..
- Hayek B, Hatef E, Nguyen M, Ho V, Hsu A, Esmaeli B. Acellular dermal graft (AlloDerm) for upper eyelid reconstruction after cancer removal. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009;25:426-9 pubmed publisher..AlloDerm can be used as an alternative sandwich graft material to replace the tarsus for reconstruction of large upper eyelid defects using a modified Cutler-Beard procedure. ..
- Choe S, Veliceasa D, Bond C, Harrington D, Stupp S, McVary K, et al. Sonic hedgehog delivery from self-assembled nanofiber hydrogels reduces the fibrotic response in models of erectile dysfunction. Acta Biomater. 2016;32:89-99 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SHH treatment by PA has translational potential to suppress collagen induction and remodelling, an irreversible component of ED development. ..
- Hasegawa T, Takeuchi A, Miyaishi O, Isobe K, de Crombrugghe B. Cloning and characterization of a transcription factor that binds to the proximal promoters of the two mouse type I collagen genes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:4915-23 pubmed..We speculate that BFCOL1 participates in the transcriptional control of the two type I collagen genes. ..
- Zhou Z, Gushiken F, Bolgiano D, Salsbery B, Aghakasiri N, Jing N, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) regulates collagen-induced platelet aggregation independently of its transcription factor activity. Circulation. 2013;127:476-485 pubmed publisher..This crosstalk may be responsible for the platelet hyperactivity found in conditions of inflammation. ..
- Puduvalli V, Sawaya R. Antiangiogenesis -- therapeutic strategies and clinical implications for brain tumors. J Neurooncol. 2000;50:189-200 pubmed..In the present review, we examine some of these approaches from a therapeutic perspective and summarize the findings from early human trials of such agents. ..
- Kaban K, Herbst R. Angiogenesis as a target for cancer therapy. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2002;16:1125-71 pubmed..Still, there is much to learn about the machinery that tumors use to recruit new blood vessels, and the results of the clinical trials will show the best way to apply that knowledge for cancer therapy. ..
- Zymek P, Bujak M, Chatila K, Cieslak A, Thakker G, Entman M, et al. The role of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in healing myocardial infarcts. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:2315-23 pubmed..Acquisition of a mural coat and maturation of the vasculature promotes resolution of inflammation and stabilization of the scar. ..
- Butler C, Langstein H, Kronowitz S. Pelvic, abdominal, and chest wall reconstruction with AlloDerm in patients at increased risk for mesh-related complications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;116:1263-75; discussion 1276-7 pubmed..AlloDerm successfully can be used in reconstructions for large, complex pelvic, chest, and abdominal wall defects even when placed directly over viscera and when the operative field is irradiated and/or contaminated with bacteria. ..
- Lukomski S, Nakashima K, Abdi I, Cipriano V, Ireland R, Reid S, et al. Identification and characterization of the scl gene encoding a group A Streptococcus extracellular protein virulence factor with similarity to human collagen. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6542-53 pubmed..These studies identify a new extracellular GAS virulence factor that is widely distributed in the species and participates in adherence to host cells and soft tissue pathology...
- Awad S, Rao R, Berger D, Albo D, Bellows C. Microbiology of infected acellular dermal matrix (AlloDerm) in patients requiring complex abdominal closure after emergency surgery. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2009;10:79-84 pubmed publisher..Once culture results are obtained, topical antimicrobials with activity against the cultured organisms may be employed as part of the AlloDerm dressings to prevent infection and promote healing. ..
- Bridgewater L, Lefebvre V, de Crombrugghe B. Chondrocyte-specific enhancer elements in the Col11a2 gene resemble the Col2a1 tissue-specific enhancer. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:14998-5006 pubmed..These similarities suggest the existence of a genetic program designed to coordinately regulate the expression of these and perhaps other genes involved in the chondrocyte differentiation pathway. ..
- Ovchinnikov D, Deng J, Ogunrinu G, Behringer R. Col2a1-directed expression of Cre recombinase in differentiating chondrocytes in transgenic mice. Genesis. 2000;26:145-6 pubmed
- Gaikwad J, Hoffmann M, Cavender A, Bronckers A, D Souza R. Molecular insights into the lineage-specific determination of odontoblasts: the role of Cbfa1. Adv Dent Res. 2001;15:19-24 pubmed
- Scott B, Welsh F, Pham H, Carrick M, Liscum K, Granchi T, et al. Early aggressive closure of the open abdomen. J Trauma. 2006;60:17-22 pubmed..Early aggressive closure of the open abdomen is possible with a combination of vacuum pack, vacuum-assisted wound management and HADM. Short term results are promising and warrant further study. ..
- Panková D, Chen Y, Terajima M, Schliekelman M, Baird B, Fahrenholtz M, et al. Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Induce a Collagen Cross-link Switch in Tumor Stroma. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:287-95 pubmed publisher..CAFs induce a collagen cross-link switch in tumor stroma to influence the invasive properties of tumor cells. ..
- Lai R, Estey E, Shen Y, Despa S, Kantarjian H, Beran M, et al. Clinical significance of plasma endostatin in acute myeloid leukemia/myelodysplastic syndrome. Cancer. 2002;94:14-7 pubmed..The mechanism underlying the association between high PE and poor clinical outcome is unclear, although it may be related to the possible PE reflection of tumor burden. ..
- Cordero Reyes A, Youker K, Trevino A, Celis R, Hamilton D, Flores Arredondo J, et al. Full Expression of Cardiomyopathy Is Partly Dependent on B-Cells: A Pathway That Involves Cytokine Activation, Immunoglobulin Deposition, and Activation of Apoptosis. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that B-cells play a contributory role in an angiotensin-II-induced HF model. ..
- Dacquin R, Mee P, Kawaguchi J, Olmsted Davis E, Gallagher J, Nichols J, et al. Knock-in of nuclear localised beta-galactosidase reveals that the tyrosine phosphatase Ptprv is specifically expressed in cells of the bone collar. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:826-34 pubmed..The specificity of Ptprv expression in these cells may be a useful tool to elucidate their role in the transition of skeletal elements from cartilage template to bone. ..
- Nallapareddy S, Sillanpaa J, Ganesh V, Hook M, Murray B. Inhibition of Enterococcus faecium adherence to collagen by antibodies against high-affinity binding subdomains of Acm. Infect Immun. 2007;75:3192-6 pubmed..0001). Blocking Acm adherence with functional subsegment-specific antibodies raises the possibility of their use as therapeutic or prophylactic agents. ..
- Nallapareddy S, Singh K, Okhuysen P, Murray B. A functional collagen adhesin gene, acm, in clinical isolates of Enterococcus faecium correlates with the recent success of this emerging nosocomial pathogen. Infect Immun. 2008;76:4110-9 pubmed publisher..faecium genogroup referred to as clonal complex 17 (CC17), which has emerged globally. Taken together, our findings support the hypothesis that Acm has contributed to the emergence of E. faecium and CC17 in nosocomial infections. ..
- Campbell K, Burns N, Ensor J, Butler C. Metrics of cellular and vascular infiltration of human acellular dermal matrix in ventral hernia repairs. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012;129:888-96 pubmed publisher..Human acellular dermal matrix should be placed adjacent to the best vascularizing tissue to improve fibrovascular incorporation. ..
- Albo D, Awad S, Berger D, Bellows C. Decellularized human cadaveric dermis provides a safe alternative for primary inguinal hernia repair in contaminated surgical fields. Am J Surg. 2006;192:e12-7 pubmed..There were no mortalities. No hernia recurrence has been documented with a follow-up period of 3 to 17 months (median, 9 mo). AlloDerm provides a safe alternative for inguinal hernia repair in contaminated surgical fields. ..
- Appell R, Singh G, Klimberg I, Graham C, Juma S, Wells W, et al. Nonsurgical, radiofrequency collagen denaturation for stress urinary incontinence: retrospective 3-year evaluation. Expert Rev Med Devices. 2007;4:455-61 pubmed..7 (+/-26); 56% of patients achieved 50% or more reduction in frequency. No new adverse events occurred. These results indicate that radiofrequency collagen denaturation is safe and provides durable efficacy. ..
- Hoben G, Athanasiou K. Use of staurosporine, an actin-modifying agent, to enhance fibrochondrocyte matrix gene expression and synthesis. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;334:469-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, staurosporine increases the gene expression for important matrix proteins and can be used to enhance matrix production and reduce contraction in tissue-engineered fibrocartilage constructs. ..
- Haudek S, Cheng J, Du J, Wang Y, Hermosillo Rodriguez J, Trial J, et al. Monocytic fibroblast precursors mediate fibrosis in angiotensin-II-induced cardiac hypertrophy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:499-507 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the inflammatory and fibrotic response, the hemodynamic response to Ang-II was not affected by MCP-1 in the first 6weeks. ..
- Simeone A, McMurtry V, Nieves Alicea R, Saavedra J, Keefer L, Johnson M, et al. TIMP-2 mediates the anti-invasive effects of the nitric oxide-releasing prodrug JS-K in breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2008;10:R44 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of TIMP-2 production is one mechanism by which JS-K mediates its anti-invasive effects. JS-K and other NO prodrugs may represent an innovative biological approach in the prevention and treatment of metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Herbst R, Hess K, Tran H, Tseng J, Mullani N, Charnsangavej C, et al. Phase I study of recombinant human endostatin in patients with advanced solid tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2002;20:3792-803 pubmed..rh-Endo pharmacokinetic profiles achieved area under the concentration-time curves associated with activity in preclinical models. Evidence of minor antitumor activity was observed and further studies are indicated. ..
- Wang F, Trial J, Diwan A, Gao F, Birdsall H, Entman M, et al. Regulation of cardiac fibroblast cellular function by leukemia inhibitory factor. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2002;34:1309-16 pubmed
- Mehta K, Fok J, Miller F, Koul D, Sahin A. Prognostic significance of tissue transglutaminase in drug resistant and metastatic breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:8068-76 pubmed..TG2 expression is up-regulated in drug-resistant and metastatic breast cancer cells, and it can serve as a valuable prognostic marker for these phenotypes. ..
- Piao Y, Lu L, de Groot J. AMPA receptors promote perivascular glioma invasion via beta1 integrin-dependent adhesion to the extracellular matrix. Neuro Oncol. 2009;11:260-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that AMPARs may link signals from the ECM to sites of FA, where signal integration promotes tumor invasion. ..
- Zhu Z, Zhang H, Yue J, Liu S, Li Z, Wang L. Antimicrobial efficacy of corneal cross-linking in vitro and in vivo for Fusarium solani: a potential new treatment for fungal keratitis. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:65 pubmed publisher..We believe that CXL treatment may be applied to fungal keratitis, therapeutic efficacy will improve with longer treatment duration. ..
- Metsaranta M, Toman D, de Crombrugghe B, Vuorio E. Specific hybridization probes for mouse type I, II, III and IX collagen mRNAs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1089:241-3 pubmed..The clone for mouse alpha 1(IX) collagen covers coding sequences but is sufficiently divergent from other collagen transcripts to allow specific detection of the corresponding mRNA. ..
- Rosati R, Horan G, Pinero G, Garofalo S, Keene D, Horton W, et al. Normal long bone growth and development in type X collagen-null mice. Nat Genet. 1994;8:129-35 pubmed..However, mice and humans with dominant acting type X collagen mutations have bone abnormalities, suggesting that only the presence of abnormal type X collagen can modify bone growth and development. ..
- Lefebvre V, Zhou G, Mukhopadhyay K, Smith C, Zhang Z, Eberspaecher H, et al. An 18-base-pair sequence in the mouse proalpha1(II) collagen gene is sufficient for expression in cartilage and binds nuclear proteins that are selectively expressed in chondrocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4512-23 pubmed..Together, our results indicate that an 18-bp sequence in Col2a1 intron 1 controls chondrocyte expression and suggest that RCS cells and chondrocytes contain specific POU domain proteins involved in enhancer activity. ..
- Flesch M, Höper A, DELL ITALIA L, Evans K, Bond R, Peshock R, et al. Activation and functional significance of the renin-angiotensin system in mice with cardiac restricted overexpression of tumor necrosis factor. Circulation. 2003;108:598-604 pubmed
- Ferdous Z, Peterson S, Tseng H, Anderson D, Iozzo R, Grande Allen K. A role for decorin in controlling proliferation, adhesion, and migration of murine embryonic fibroblasts. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;93:419-28 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that decorin affects the biology of various integrins that participate in cell proliferation, adhesion, and migration on various substrates. ..
- Huang W, Chung U, Kronenberg H, de Crombrugghe B. The chondrogenic transcription factor Sox9 is a target of signaling by the parathyroid hormone-related peptide in the growth plate of endochondral bones. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:160-5 pubmed
- Raveendran M, Senthil D, Utama B, Shen Y, Dudley D, Wang J, et al. Cigarette suppresses the expression of P4Halpha and vascular collagen production. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:592-8 pubmed
- Takada Y, Kobayashi Y, Aggarwal B. Evodiamine abolishes constitutive and inducible NF-kappaB activation by inhibiting IkappaBalpha kinase activation, thereby suppressing NF-kappaB-regulated antiapoptotic and metastatic gene expression, up-regulating apoptosis, and inhibiting invasion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17203-12 pubmed
- Ho T, Couch M, Carson K, Schimberg A, Manley K, Byrne P. Radial forearm free flap donor site outcomes comparison by closure methods. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;134:309-15 pubmed..016) in the FTSG group. The 3 methods of reconstruction have comparable postoperative functional and aesthetic outcomes. Each of the 3 methods of reconstruction has low morbidity and satisfactory aesthetic and functional outcomes. ..
- Nash J, Hessel A, Vigneswaran N, El Naggar A. Collagenous myofibroblastic tumor of the mandible: case report of a unique locally aggressive neoplasm. Head Neck Pathol. 2010;4:44-8 pubmed publisher..At our 4 year follow-up, the patient remained free of local recurrence and surgery related complications. The clinicopathologic findings and the differential diagnosis of this lesion is presented and discussed...
- Hecht J, Hayes E, Snuggs M, Decker G, Montufar Solis D, Doege K, et al. Calreticulin, PDI, Grp94 and BiP chaperone proteins are associated with retained COMP in pseudoachondroplasia chondrocytes. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:251-62 pubmed..These results suggest that these proteins play a role in the processing and transport of wild type COMP in normal chondrocytes and in the retention of mutant COMP in PSACH chondrocytes...
- Sullivan L, Zhao X, Bowne S, Xu X, Daiger S, Yee S, et al. Exclusion of the human collagen type XVII (COL17A1) gene as the cause of Thiel-Behnke corneal dystrophy (CDB2) on chromosome 10q23-q25. Curr Eye Res. 2003;27:223-6 pubmed..No disease-causing mutations were found in any of the 56 exons of the COL17A1 gene or in any of the flanking intron/exon junctions. Mutations in the coding sequence of the human collagen XVII (COL17A1) gene are not the cause of CDB2. ..
- Tsybouleva N, Zhang L, Chen S, Patel R, Lutucuta S, Nemoto S, et al. Aldosterone, through novel signaling proteins, is a fundamental molecular bridge between the genetic defect and the cardiac phenotype of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2004;109:1284-91 pubmed
- Sillanpaa J, Nallapareddy S, Prakash V, Qin X, Hook M, Weinstock G, et al. Identification and phenotypic characterization of a second collagen adhesin, Scm, and genome-based identification and analysis of 13 other predicted MSCRAMMs, including four distinct pilus loci, in Enterococcus faecium. Microbiology. 2008;154:3199-211 pubmed publisher..faecium isolates tested. The common occurrence of MSCRAMM- and pilus-encoding genes and the presence of a second collagen-binding protein may have important implications for our understanding of this emerging pathogen. ..
- Wei C, Bhattaram V, Igwe J, Fleming E, Tirnauer J. The LKB1 tumor suppressor controls spindle orientation and localization of activated AMPK in mitotic epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41118 pubmed publisher..RNAi of LKB1 causes spindle misorientation in three-dimensional MDCK cell cysts. Maintaining proper spindle orientation, possibly mediated by effects on the downstream kinase AMPK, could be an important tumor suppressor function of LKB1...
- Kang M, Ko Y, Liang X, Ross C, Liu Q, Murray B, et al. Collagen-binding microbial surface components recognizing adhesive matrix molecule (MSCRAMM) of Gram-positive bacteria inhibit complement activation via the classical pathway. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20520-31 pubmed publisher..As a result, C1r2C1s2 was displaced from C1q, and the C1 complex was deactivated. This novel function of the Cna-like MSCRAMMs represents a potential immune evasion strategy that could be used by numerous Gram-positive pathogens. ..
- Terajima M, Taga Y, Chen Y, Cabral W, Hou Fu G, Srisawasdi S, et al. Cyclophilin-B Modulates Collagen Cross-linking by Differentially Affecting Lysine Hydroxylation in the Helical and Telopeptidyl Domains of Tendon Type I Collagen. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9501-12 pubmed publisher..This study underscores the critical importance of collagen post-translational modifications in connective tissue formation. ..
- Li M, Dai Y, Lei J, Tang J, Zhou Y, Xia B, et al. Acute rejection after kidney transplantation promotes graft fibrosis with elevated adenosine level in rat. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180211 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that level of adenosine was upregulated in acute rejection after kidney allograft transplantation in rat. Acute rejection may promote renal allograft fibrosis via the adenosine signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang H, Scanlon M, Murray J, Chan J. Substrate preference of metalloproteinases secreted by ts-110 Moloney murine sarcoma virus-transformed normal rat kidney cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;189:21-6 pubmed..Whether this 71-kD TAP is a new member of the rat metalloproteinase family will be investigated...
- Niederreither K, D SOUZA R, Metsaranta M, Eberspaecher H, Toman P, Vuorio E, et al. Coordinate patterns of expression of type I and III collagens during mouse development. Matrix Biol. 1995;14:705-13 pubmed
- Lefebvre V, Li P, de Crombrugghe B. A new long form of Sox5 (L-Sox5), Sox6 and Sox9 are coexpressed in chondrogenesis and cooperatively activate the type II collagen gene. EMBO J. 1998;17:5718-33 pubmed..Our data suggest that L-Sox5/Sox6 and Sox9, which belong to two different classes of Sox transcription factors, cooperate with each other in expression of Col2a1 and possibly other genes of the chondrocytic program. ..
- Rich R, Deivanayagam C, Owens R, Carson M, Hook A, Moore D, et al. Trench-shaped binding sites promote multiple classes of interactions between collagen and the adherence receptors, alpha(1)beta(1) integrin and Staphylococcus aureus cna MSCRAMM. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24906-13 pubmed
- Lindsey M, Wedin K, Brown M, Keller C, Evans A, Smolen J, et al. Matrix-dependent mechanism of neutrophil-mediated release and activation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 in myocardial ischemia/reperfusion. Circulation. 2001;103:2181-7 pubmed..Infiltrating neutrophils may localize MMP-9 activation by secreting MMP-9 and as a source of activating proteases. ..
- Bellows C, Albo D, Berger D, Awad S. Abdominal wall repair using human acellular dermis. Am J Surg. 2007;194:192-8 pubmed..The median follow-up period was 9.4 months (range, 2-16 mo), during which 6 hernia recurrences were noted. Human acellular dermis use is safe in abdominal wall reconstructions in contaminated surgical wounds. ..
- Galera P, Musso M, Ducy P, Karsenty G. c-Krox, a transcriptional regulator of type I collagen gene expression, is preferentially expressed in skin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:9372-6 pubmed
- Ross J, McIntire L, Moake J, Kuo H, Qian R, Glanville R, et al. Fibrillin containing elastic microfibrils support platelet adhesion under dynamic shear conditions. Thromb Haemost. 1998;79:155-61 pubmed..These results suggest roles for both collagen VI and fibrillin containing elastic microfibrils in modulating the platelet response to blood vessel injury...
- Huang W, Zhou X, Lefebvre V, de Crombrugghe B. Phosphorylation of SOX9 by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase A enhances SOX9's ability to transactivate a Col2a1 chondrocyte-specific enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4149-58 pubmed
- Chunn J, Molina J, Mi T, Xia Y, Kellems R, Blackburn M. Adenosine-dependent pulmonary fibrosis in adenosine deaminase-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:1937-46 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that chronic adenosine elevations are associated with pulmonary fibrosis in ADA-deficient mice and suggest that the adenosine functions as a profibrotic signal in the lung. ..
- Nuka S, Zhou W, Henry S, Gendron C, Schultz J, Shinomura T, et al. Phenotypic characterization of epiphycan-deficient and epiphycan/biglycan double-deficient mice. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:88-96 pubmed publisher..However, the severity of the OA phenotype in the Epn/Bgn double-deficient mouse suggests a synergy between these two proteins. These data are the first to show a genetic interaction involving class I and class III SLRPs in vivo. ..