Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- RAMOS H, Davis A, George T, Farrar J. IFN-alpha is not sufficient to drive Th1 development due to lack of stable T-bet expression. J Immunol. 2007;179:3792-803 pubmed..These results indicate that IL-12 remains unique in its ability to drive Th1 development in human CD4+ T cells and that IFN-alpha lacks this activity due to its inability to promote sustained T-bet expression. ..
- Hao J, Yamamoto M, Richardson T, Chapman K, Denard B, Hammer R, et al. Sohlh2 knockout mice are male-sterile because of degeneration of differentiating type A spermatogonia. Stem Cells. 2008;26:1587-97 pubmed publisher..This regulation would provide a crucial checkpoint to optimize the numbers of spermatocytes entering meiosis during each cycle of spermatogenesis. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Dann C, Alvarado A, Molyneux L, Denard B, Garbers D, Porteus M. Spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal requires OCT4, a factor downregulated during retinoic acid-induced differentiation. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2928-37 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Loo L, Lin H, Singh D, Lyons K, Altschuler S, Wu L. Heterogeneity in the physiological states and pharmacological responses of differentiating 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:375-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggested that heterogeneity observed during 3T3-L1 adipogenesis reflects a dynamic mixture of subpopulations with distinct physiological states. ..
- Neumann J, Dovey J, Chandler G, Carbajal L, Amatruda J. Identification of a heritable model of testicular germ cell tumor in the zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2009;6:319-27 pubmed publisher..The GCT-susceptible line can serve as a model for understanding the mechanisms regulating germ cells in normal development and disease and as a platform investigating new therapeutic approaches for GCTs. ..
- Becker A, Blevins J, Tomson F, Eitson J, Medeiros J, Yarovinsky F, et al. Invariant NKT cell development requires a full complement of functional CD3 zeta immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs. J Immunol. 2010;184:6822-32 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi. These findings indicate that a full complement of functional CD3 zeta ITAMs is required for effective iNKT cell development. ..
- Shimoda M, Chen S, Noguchi H, Matsumoto S, Grayburn P. Neurogenic differentiation 1 directs differentiation of cytokeratin 19-positive human pancreatic nonendocrine cells into insulin-producing cells. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:2071-4 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that human NeuroD1 under control of the CK19 promoter can induce the differentiation of CK19-positive NEPECs into insulin-producing cells. ..
- Zhang C, Yang F, Cornelia R, Tang W, Swisher S, Kim H. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 is a positive regulator of Sox9 activity in femoral head osteonecrosis. Bone. 2011;48:507-13 pubmed publisher..We speculate that HIF-1? upregulation of Sox9 activity may have a chondroprotective role following femoral head ischemia...
- Zeve D, Seo J, Suh J, Stenesen D, Tang W, Berglund E, et al. Wnt signaling activation in adipose progenitors promotes insulin-independent muscle glucose uptake. Cell Metab. 2012;15:492-504 pubmed publisher..Thus, adipose progenitor Wnt activation dissociates lipodystrophy from dysfunctional metabolism and highlights a fat-muscle endocrine axis, which may represent a potential therapy to lower blood glucose and improve metabolism. ..
- Varanasi V, Leong K, Dominia L, Jue S, Loomer P, Marshall G. Si and Ca individually and combinatorially target enhanced MC3T3-E1 subclone 4 early osteogenic marker expression. J Oral Implantol. 2012;38:325-36 pubmed publisher..These results support the larger concept that ions (possibly released from bioactive glasses) could control bone formation by targeting osteoblast marker expression. ..
- Xu W, Joo H, Clayton S, Dullaers M, Herve M, Blankenship D, et al. Macrophages induce differentiation of plasma cells through CXCL10/IP-10. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1813-23, S1-2 pubmed..Thus, our results reveal a novel dialog between Ms and B cells, in which IP-10 acts as a PC differentiation factor...
- Cravens P, Kieseier B, Hussain R, Herndon E, Arellano B, Ben L, et al. The neonatal CNS is not conducive for encephalitogenic Th1 T cells and B cells during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroinflammation. 2013;10:67 pubmed publisher..In contrast, IL-17 transcripts could not be detected in adult or neonate CNS in this EAE model, and neither adult nor neonate donor CD4+ T cells expressed IL-17 at the time of adoptive transfer. ..
- Miyazaki M, Miyazaki K, Chen K, Jin Y, Turner J, Moore A, et al. The E-Id Protein Axis Specifies Adaptive Lymphoid Cell Identity and Suppresses Thymic Innate Lymphoid Cell Development. Immunity. 2017;46:818-834.e4 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these and previous observations, we propose that the E-Id protein axis specifies innate and adaptive lymphoid cell fate. ..
- Clark K, McKearin D. The Drosophila stonewall gene encodes a putative transcription factor essential for germ cell development. Development. 1996;122:937-50 pubmed..We suggest that Stonewall transcriptional regulation is essential in cystocytes for maturation into specialized nurse cells and oocyte. ..
- Liu N, Williams A, Maxeiner J, Bezprozvannaya S, Shelton J, Richardson J, et al. microRNA-206 promotes skeletal muscle regeneration and delays progression of Duchenne muscular dystrophy in mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2054-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an essential role for miR-206 in satellite cell differentiation during skeletal muscle regeneration and indicate that miR-206 slows progression of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. ..
- Wang X, Wang S, Lu Y, Gibson M, Liu Y, Yuan B, et al. FAM20C plays an essential role in the formation of murine teeth. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35934-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that FAM20C is essential to the differentiation and mineralization of dental tissues through the regulation of molecules critical to the differentiation of tooth-formative cells. ..
- Liu M, Zang T, Zou Y, Chang J, Gibson J, Huber K, et al. Small molecules enable neurogenin 2 to efficiently convert human fibroblasts into cholinergic neurons. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2183 pubmed publisher..These findings offer a unique venue for investigating the molecular mechanisms underlying cellular plasticity and human neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Schuppin G, Pons S, Hugl S, Aiello L, King G, White M, et al. A specific increased expression of insulin receptor substrate 2 in pancreatic beta-cell lines is involved in mediating serum-stimulated beta-cell growth. Diabetes. 1998;47:1074-85 pubmed..It is conceivable that IRS-2 expression in beta-cells contributes to maintaining the islet beta-cell population, complementary to observations in the IRS-2 knockout mouse in which beta-cell mass is markedly reduced. ..
- Ma L, Harada T, Harada C, Romero M, Hebert J, McConnell S, et al. Neurotrophin-3 is required for appropriate establishment of thalamocortical connections. Neuron. 2002;36:623-34 pubmed..These results implicate neurotrophins in the critical stage of precise thalamocortical connections. ..
- Lovett Racke A, Rocchini A, Choy J, Northrop S, Hussain R, Ratts R, et al. Silencing T-bet defines a critical role in the differentiation of autoreactive T lymphocytes. Immunity. 2004;21:719-31 pubmed..Since T-bet regulates IFNgamma production in CD4(+) T cells, but to a lesser extent in most other IFNgamma-producing cells, T-bet may be a target for therapeutics for Th1-mediated diseases. ..
- Mbiene J. Taste placodes are primary targets of geniculate but not trigeminal sensory axons in mouse developing tongue. J Neurocytol. 2004;33:617-29 pubmed..The results suggest that there may be no significant delay between the differentiation of embryonic taste buds and their initial innervation. ..
- Donovan M, Yazdani U, Norris R, Games D, German D, Eisch A. Decreased adult hippocampal neurogenesis in the PDAPP mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Comp Neurol. 2006;495:70-83 pubmed..The altered neurogenesis in the PDAPP mouse may contribute to the age-related cognitive deficits reported in this model of AD and may be a useful adjunct target for assessing the impact of AD therapies. ..
- Wang S, Dulin J, Wu H, Hurlock E, Lee S, Jansson K, et al. An oligodendrocyte-specific zinc-finger transcription regulator cooperates with Olig2 to promote oligodendrocyte differentiation. Development. 2006;133:3389-98 pubmed
- Cai J, Chen Y, Cai W, Hurlock E, Wu H, Kernie S, et al. A crucial role for Olig2 in white matter astrocyte development. Development. 2007;134:1887-99 pubmed
- Zhao X, He X, Han X, Yu Y, Ye F, Chen Y, et al. MicroRNA-mediated control of oligodendrocyte differentiation. Neuron. 2010;65:612-26 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that miRNAs are important regulators of oligodendrocyte differentiation, providing new targets for myelin repair...
- Zein S, Li W, Ramakrishnan V, Lou T, Sivanand S, Mackie A, et al. Identification of fetal hemoglobin-inducing agents using the human leukemia KU812 cell line. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:1385-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that KU812 cells serve as a good screening system to identify potential HbF inducers for the treatment of ?-hemoglobinopathies. ..
- Amiri A, Cho W, Zhou J, Birnbaum S, Sinton C, McKay R, et al. Pten deletion in adult hippocampal neural stem/progenitor cells causes cellular abnormalities and alters neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5880-90 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel function for PTEN in adult hippocampal neurogenesis and indicate a role in the pathogenesis of abnormal social behaviors. ..
- Huang J, Yamashiro Y, Papke C, Ikeda Y, Lin Y, Patel M, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme-induced activation of local angiotensin signaling is required for ascending aortic aneurysms in fibulin-4-deficient mice. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:183ra58, 1-11 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that fibulin-4 is a vascular matrix component required for regulation of local angiotensin signaling and development and maintenance of the SMC phenotype. ..
- Singh S, Canseco D, Manda S, Shelton J, Chirumamilla R, Goetsch S, et al. Cytoglobin modulates myogenic progenitor cell viability and muscle regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E129-38 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that cytoglobin serves an important role in muscle repair and regeneration. ..
- Zhou X, Luan X, Chen Z, Francis M, Gopinathan G, Li W, et al. MicroRNA-138 Inhibits Periodontal Progenitor Differentiation under Inflammatory Conditions. J Dent Res. 2016;95:230-7 pubmed publisher..Our data establish miR-138 inhibitor as a potential therapeutic agent for the prevention of the bone loss associated with advanced periodontal disease. ..
- Marty Santos L, Cleaver O. Pdx1 regulates pancreas tubulogenesis and E-cadherin expression. Development. 2016;143:101-12 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a novel link between regulators of epithelial architecture, specification of pancreatic cell fate and organogenesis. ..
- Fang Y, Svoboda K. Nicotine inhibits myofibroblast differentiation in human gingival fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:1108-19 pubmed
- Gang E, Bosnakovski D, Simsek T, To K, Perlingeiro R. Pax3 activation promotes the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells toward the myogenic lineage. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:1721-33 pubmed publisher..This effect is cell type-selective since Pax3 overexpression in endothelial cells fails to promote myogenesis. These results highlight the potential of regulating transcriptional pathways to direct differentiation of adult stem cells. ..
- Gao Z, Ure K, Ables J, Lagace D, Nave K, Goebbels S, et al. Neurod1 is essential for the survival and maturation of adult-born neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1090-2 pubmed publisher..Thus, Neurod1 is cell-intrinsically required for the survival and maturation of adult-born neurons. ..
- Schell J, Wisidagama D, Bensard C, Zhao H, Wei P, Tanner J, et al. Control of intestinal stem cell function and proliferation by mitochondrial pyruvate metabolism. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1027-1036 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that limiting mitochondrial pyruvate metabolism is necessary and sufficient to maintain the proliferation of intestinal stem cells. ..
- Lu J, Webb R, Richardson J, Olson E. MyoR: a muscle-restricted basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that antagonizes the actions of MyoD. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:552-7 pubmed..These results suggest a role for MyoR as a lineage-restricted transcriptional repressor of the muscle differentiation program. ..
- Xin M, Yue T, Ma Z, Wu F, Gow A, Lu Q. Myelinogenesis and axonal recognition by oligodendrocytes in brain are uncoupled in Olig1-null mice. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1354-65 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that Olig1 is a central regulator of oligodendrocyte myelinogenesis in brain and that axonal recognition and myelination by oligodendrocytes are separable processes. ..
- Shi J, Miles D, Orr B, Massa S, Kernie S. Injury-induced neurogenesis in Bax-deficient mice: evidence for regulation by voltage-gated potassium channels. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3499-512 pubmed..These data suggest that the neuroprotection observed after injury in Bax-deficiency may be due to increased neurogenesis via activation of the Kv4 family of potassium channels. ..
- Le L, Shipman T, Burns D, Parada L. Cell of origin and microenvironment contribution for NF1-associated dermal neurofibromas. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:453-63 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that additional signals from nonneoplastic cells in the tumor microenvironment play essential roles in neurofibromagenesis...
- Neumann J, Chandler G, Damoulis V, Fustino N, Lillard K, Looijenga L, et al. Mutation in the type IB bone morphogenetic protein receptor Alk6b impairs germ-cell differentiation and causes germ-cell tumors in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13153-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a germ-cell-autonomous role for BMP signal transduction in germ-cell differentiation, and highlight the importance of the BMP pathway in human GCTs...
- Shen Z, Hu J, Ali A, Pastor J, Shiizaki K, Blank R, et al. Pin1 null mice exhibit low bone mass and attenuation of BMP signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63565 pubmed publisher..Our results thus uncover a novel aspect of the molecular underpinning of osteoblast function and identify a new therapeutic target for bone diseases. ..
- Rawlins J, Opperman L. Tgf-beta regulation of suture morphogenesis and growth. Front Oral Biol. 2008;12:178-96 pubmed publisher..This chapter focuses on the role of Tgf-beta in suture morphogenesis and growth, exploring Tgf-beta biology, receptors, signaling pathways, animal models, and expression in both normal and pathological sutures. ..
- Roig A, Eskiocak U, Hight S, Kim S, Delgado O, Souza R, et al. Immortalized epithelial cells derived from human colon biopsies express stem cell markers and differentiate in vitro. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1012-21.e1-5 pubmed publisher..We established immortalized HCECs that are capable of self-renewal and multilineage differentiation. These cells should serve as valuable reagents for studying colon stem cell biology, differentiation, and pathogenesis. ..
- Weng Q, Chen Y, Wang H, Xu X, Yang B, He Q, et al. Dual-mode modulation of Smad signaling by Smad-interacting protein Sip1 is required for myelination in the central nervous system. Neuron. 2012;73:713-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal that Sip1-mediated antagonism of inhibitory signaling is critical for promoting CNS myelination and point to new mediators for myelin repair...
- Fine M, Lu F, Lin M, Moe O, Wang H, Hilgemann D. Human-induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes for studies of cardiac ion transporters. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C481-91 pubmed publisher..Together, these results document a great potential of iCell Cardiomyocytes for both short- and long-term studies of cardiac ion transporters and their regulation. ..
- Wang Q, Tao C, Gupta R, Scherer P. Tracking adipogenesis during white adipose tissue development, expansion and regeneration. Nat Med. 2013;19:1338-44 pubmed publisher..Gonadal fat develops postnatally, whereas subcutaneous fat develops between embryonic days 14 and 18. Our results highlight the extensive differences in adipogenic potential in various fat depots. ..
- Yang Q, Kong Y, Rothermel B, Garry D, Bassel Duby R, Williams R. The winged-helix/forkhead protein myocyte nuclear factor beta (MNF-beta) forms a co-repressor complex with mammalian sin3B. Biochem J. 2000;345 Pt 2:335-43 pubmed..Transcriptional repression by MNF-beta-mSin3 complexes may contribute to the co-ordination of cellular proliferation and terminal differentiation of myogenic precursor cells. ..
- Bonkobara M, Das A, Takao J, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. Identification of novel genes for secreted and membrane-anchored proteins in human keratinocytes. Br J Dermatol. 2003;148:654-64 pubmed..The identification will better illuminate the molecular mechanisms responsible for co-ordinated regulation of epidermal homeostasis. ..
- Gocke A, Cravens P, Ben L, Hussain R, Northrop S, Racke M, et al. T-bet regulates the fate of Th1 and Th17 lymphocytes in autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2007;178:1341-8 pubmed..We now show for the first time that suppression of T-bet ameliorates EAE by limiting the differentiation of autoreactive Th1 cells, as well as inhibiting pathogenic Th17 cells via regulation of IL-23R. ..
- Gang E, Darabi R, Bosnakovski D, Xu Z, Kamm K, Kyba M, et al. Engraftment of mesenchymal stem cells into dystrophin-deficient mice is not accompanied by functional recovery. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2624-36 pubmed publisher..Thus these findings suggest that limitations remain to be overcome before MSC preparations result in effective treatment for muscular dystrophies. ..
- Shan B, Wang X, Wu Y, Xu C, Xia Z, Dai J, et al. The metabolic ER stress sensor IRE1Î± suppresses alternative activation of macrophages and impairs energy expenditure in obesity. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:519-529 pubmed publisher..The macrophage IRE1Î± pathway drives obesity and metabolic syndrome through impairing BAT activity and WAT browning. ..
- Guryev O, Carvalho R, Usanov S, Gilep A, Estabrook R. A pathway for the metabolism of vitamin D3: unique hydroxylated metabolites formed during catalysis with cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:14754-9 pubmed..Although the physiological importance of these hydroxylated metabolites of D3 and their in vivo formation and mode of action remain to be determined, the rate with which they are formed by CYP11A1 in vitro suggests an important role. ..
- Seegmiller A, Xu Y, McKenna R, Karandikar N. Immunophenotypic differentiation between neoplastic plasma cells in mature B-cell lymphoma vs plasma cell myeloma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2007;127:176-81 pubmed..However, some extramedullary plasmacytomas showed lymphoma-like phenotypes, suggesting that, in reality, they may represent non-Hodgkin lymphomas with extensive plasmacytic differentiation. ..
- Schreiber K, Webb C, Tucker P, Riblet R, Forman J. Developmental coupling of expression of the Igh-linked minor antigen H-40 to membrane immunoglobulin expression. Transplantation. 1989;48:331-8 pubmed..Thus, H-40 and Lm-1 may represent a gene cluster encoding antigens expressed on subsets of lymphoid and myeloid cells. ..
- Wilson Rawls J, Molkentin J, Black B, Olson E. Activated notch inhibits myogenic activity of the MADS-Box transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2C. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2853-62 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel mechanism for Notch-mediated inhibition of myogenesis and demonstrate that the Notch signaling pathway can discriminate between different members of the MEF2 family. ..
- Gowan K, Helms A, Hunsaker T, Collisson T, Ebert P, Odom R, et al. Crossinhibitory activities of Ngn1 and Math1 allow specification of distinct dorsal interneurons. Neuron. 2001;31:219-32 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that although Math1 and Ngn1 appear to be redundant with respect to neurogenesis, they have distinct functions in specifying neuronal subtype in the dorsal neural tube. ..
- Ramirez R, Herbert B, Vaughan M, Zou Y, Gandia K, Morales C, et al. Bypass of telomere-dependent replicative senescence (M1) upon overexpression of Cdk4 in normal human epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:433-44 pubmed..These results suggest that the differentiation pathways in Cdk4-overexpressing cells remain intact. ..
- Lush M, Ma L, Parada L. TrkB signaling regulates the developmental maturation of the somatosensory cortex. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2005;23:523-36 pubmed..These results indicate that TrkB expression in thalamic axons is important for the appropriate timing of barrel cortex development. ..
- Darabi R, Gehlbach K, Bachoo R, Kamath S, Osawa M, Kamm K, et al. Functional skeletal muscle regeneration from differentiating embryonic stem cells. Nat Med. 2008;14:134-43 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the therapeutic potential of ES cells in muscular dystrophy...
- Donovan M, Yamaguchi M, Eisch A. Dynamic expression of TrkB receptor protein on proliferating and maturing cells in the adult mouse dentate gyrus. Hippocampus. 2008;18:435-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings lay critical groundwork for further exploration of the role of BDNF-TrkB signaling in regulation of adult hippocampal neurogenesis. ..
- Karner C, Dietrich M, Johnson E, Kappesser N, Tennert C, Percin F, et al. Lrp4 regulates initiation of ureteric budding and is crucial for kidney formation--a mouse model for Cenani-Lenz syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10418 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Lrp4 is a critical regulator of UB branching and lack of Lrp4 results in congenital kidney malformations in humans and mice. ..
- Kumar P, Mendelson C. Estrogen-related receptor gamma (ERRgamma) mediates oxygen-dependent induction of aromatase (CYP19) gene expression during human trophoblast differentiation. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1513-26 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these novel findings identify ERR? as an O(2)-dependent transcription factor and HIF-1? target gene that serves a critical role in the induction of hCYP19 expression during human trophoblast differentiation. ..
- Zheng J, Umikawa M, Cui C, Li J, Chen X, Zhang C, et al. Inhibitory receptors bind ANGPTLs and support blood stem cells and leukaemia development. Nature. 2012;485:656-60 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates an unexpected functional significance of classical immune-inhibitory receptors in maintenance of stemness of normal adult stem cells and in support of cancer development. ..
- Wang Z, Goldstein A, Zong R, Lin D, Neufeld E, Scheuermann R, et al. Cux/CDP homeoprotein is a component of NF-muNR and represses the immunoglobulin heavy chain intronic enhancer by antagonizing the bright transcription activator. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:284-95 pubmed..We propose that Cux/CDP regulates cell-type-restricted, differentiation stage-specific Emu enhancer activity by interfering with the function of nuclear matrix-bound transcription activators. ..
- Morris M, Liu J, Arora V, George T, Klem J, Schatzle J, et al. B6 strain Ly49I inhibitory gene expression on T cells in FVB.Ly49IB6 transgenic mice fails to prevent normal T cell functions. J Immunol. 2002;169:3661-6 pubmed..These data are in contrast with findings in Ly49A, and Ly49G2 receptor transgenic models. Perhaps Ly49I-H2(b) interactions are weaker or of lower avidity than Ly49A-H-2D(d) interactions, especially in T cells. ..
- Patrick D, Zhang C, Tao Y, Yao H, Qi X, Schwartz R, et al. Defective erythroid differentiation in miR-451 mutant mice mediated by 14-3-3zeta. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1614-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an essential role of 14-3-3zeta as a mediator of the proerythroid differentiation actions of miR-451, and highlight the therapeutic potential of miR-451 inhibitors...
- Strauss T, Castrillon D, Hammes S. GATA-like protein-1 (GLP-1) is required for normal germ cell development during embryonic oogenesis. Reproduction. 2011;141:173-81 pubmed publisher..Together, these data imply that the somatic cell protein GLP-1 is not necessary for many pregranulosa cell functions but is required for germ cell survival. ..
- Asaithamby A, Hu B, Delgado O, Ding L, Story M, Minna J, et al. Irreparable complex DNA double-strand breaks induce chromosome breakage in organotypic three-dimensional human lung epithelial cell culture. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:5474-88 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that downregulation of multiple DNA repair pathway genes in differentiated cells renders them vulnerable to DSBs, promoting genome instability that may lead to carcinogenesis...
- Wei W, Zeve D, Wang X, Du Y, Tang W, Dechow P, et al. Osteoclast progenitors reside in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?-expressing bone marrow cell population. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4692-705 pubmed publisher..These findings not only identify the long-sought-after osteoclast progenitors but also establish unprecedented tools for their visualization, isolation, characterization, and genetic manipulation. ..
- Rangiani A, Cao Z, Liu Y, Voisey Rodgers A, Jiang Y, Qin C, et al. Dentin matrix protein 1 and phosphate homeostasis are critical for postnatal pulp, dentin and enamel formation. Int J Oral Sci. 2012;4:189-95 pubmed publisher..Based on the above findings, we conclude that DMP1 has a protective role for odontoblasts and ameloblasts in a pro-apoptotic environment (a high Pi level). ..
- Das A, Tanigawa S, Karner C, Xin M, Lum L, Chen C, et al. Stromal-epithelial crosstalk regulates kidney progenitor cell differentiation. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1035-44 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model whereby proper kidney size and function is regulated by balancing opposing signals from the ureteric bud and stroma to promote renewal and differentiation of the nephron progenitors. ..
- Yi M, Tong G, Murry B, Mendelson C. Role of CBP/p300 and SRC-1 in transcriptional regulation of the pulmonary surfactant protein-A (SP-A) gene by thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2997-3005 pubmed..This suggests that cAMP-mediated TTF-1 phosphorylation facilitates interaction with CBP and SRC-1, resulting in its hyperacetylation, further enhancing TTF-1 DNA-binding and transcriptional activity. ..
- Li S, Chang S, Qi X, Richardson J, Olson E. Requirement of a myocardin-related transcription factor for development of mammary myoepithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5797-808 pubmed
- Palucka A, Ueno H, Connolly J, Kerneis Norvell F, Blanck J, Johnston D, et al. Dendritic cells loaded with killed allogeneic melanoma cells can induce objective clinical responses and MART-1 specific CD8+ T-cell immunity. J Immunother. 2006;29:545-57 pubmed..Thus, the present results justify the design of larger follow-up studies to assess the clinical response to DC vaccines loaded with killed allogeneic tumor cells in patients with metastatic melanoma. ..
- Richarte A, Mead H, Tallquist M. Cooperation between the PDGF receptors in cardiac neural crest cell migration. Dev Biol. 2007;306:785-96 pubmed..Combined PDGF receptor signaling is required for sufficient recruitment of cardiac NCCs into the conotruncal region and for formation of the aortico-pulmonary and ventricular septum. ..
- Kim E, Leung C, Reed R, Johnson J. In vivo analysis of Ascl1 defined progenitors reveals distinct developmental dynamics during adult neurogenesis and gliogenesis. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12764-74 pubmed..Our results reveal that Ascl1 is a common molecular marker of early progenitors of both neurons and oligodendrocytes in the adult brain, and these Ascl1 defined progenitors mature with distinct dynamics in different brain regions. ..
- Huang J, Davis E, Chapman S, Budatha M, Marmorstein L, Word R, et al. Fibulin-4 deficiency results in ascending aortic aneurysms: a potential link between abnormal smooth muscle cell phenotype and aneurysm progression. Circ Res. 2010;106:583-92 pubmed publisher..However, aneurysms are never seen in mice deficient for elastin, or for fibulin-5, which absence also leads to compromised elastic fibers...
- Zhang C, Tang W, Li Y, Yang F, Dowd D, MacDonald P. Osteoblast-specific transcription factor Osterix increases vitamin D receptor gene expression in osteoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26504 pubmed publisher..They further provide new insight into potential mechanisms and pathways that Osx controls in osteoblasts and during the process of osteoblastic cell differentiation. ..
- Radyuk S, Gambini J, Borras C, Serna E, Klichko V, Vina J, et al. Age-dependent changes in the transcription profile of long-lived Drosophila over-expressing glutamate cysteine ligase. Mech Ageing Dev. 2012;133:401-13 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless there exists a restricted number of related processes affected by GCLc in both young and old flies and prominent among them are those associated with proteolysis and metabolism. ..
- Wang X, Wang S, Li C, Gao T, Liu Y, Rangiani A, et al. Inactivation of a novel FGF23 regulator, FAM20C, leads to hypophosphatemic rickets in mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002708 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FAM20C may regulate osteogenesis through its direct role in facilitating osteoblast differentiation and its systemic regulation of phosphate homeostasis via the mediation of FGF23. ..
- McKearin D, Ohlstein B. A role for the Drosophila bag-of-marbles protein in the differentiation of cystoblasts from germline stem cells. Development. 1995;121:2937-47 pubmed..We also show that bam mutant germ cells are blocked in differentiation and are trapped as mitotically active cells like stem cells. A model for how Bam might regulate cystocyte differentiation is presented. ..
- Brown L, Baer R. HEN1 encodes a 20-kilodalton phosphoprotein that binds an extended E-box motif as a homodimer. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1245-55 pubmed
- Wang Z, Canagarajah B, Boehm J, Kassisà S, Cobb M, Young P, et al. Structural basis of inhibitor selectivity in MAP kinases. Structure. 1998;6:1117-28 pubmed..This structural information should facilitate the design of better MAP-kinase inhibitors for the treatment of inflammation and other diseases. ..
- Lo M, Gay F, Odom R, Shi Y, Lin R. Phosphorylation by the beta-catenin/MAPK complex promotes 14-3-3-mediated nuclear export of TCF/POP-1 in signal-responsive cells in C. elegans. Cell. 2004;117:95-106 pubmed..Our results suggest a model whereby Wnt/MAPK signaling downregulates POP-1 levels in responsive cells, in part by increasing nuclear LIT-1 levels, thereby increasing POP-1 phosphorylation and PAR-5-mediated nuclear export. ..
- Hamra F, Chapman K, Nguyen D, Garbers D. Identification of neuregulin as a factor required for formation of aligned spermatogonia. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:721-30 pubmed..In fact, SNL cells were found to express 100-fold higher levels of neuregulin-1 transcripts than MSC-1 cells. Thus, we identify neuregulin as a factor required for spermatogonial amplification and differentiation in culture. ..