Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: cell cycle proteins
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- Edwards M, Liegeois N, Horecka J, DePinho R, Sprague G, Tyers M, et al. Human CPR (cell cycle progression restoration) genes impart a Far- phenotype on yeast cells. Genetics. 1997;147:1063-76 pubmed..Moreover, several of the yeast OPY genes have overlapping functions with the human CPR genes, indicating a possible conservation of roles. ..
- Cortez D, Wang Y, Qin J, Elledge S. Requirement of ATM-dependent phosphorylation of brca1 in the DNA damage response to double-strand breaks. Science. 1999;286:1162-6 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylation of Brca1 by the checkpoint kinase ATM may be critical for proper responses to DNA double-strand breaks and may provide a molecular explanation for the role of ATM in breast cancer. ..
- Xia Z, Morales J, Dunphy W, Carpenter P. Negative cell cycle regulation and DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation of the BRCT protein 53BP1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2708-18 pubmed..Collectively, our results reveal that 53BP1 plays an important role in the checkpoint response to DNA damage, possibly in collaboration with ATM. ..
- Hu F, Alcasabas A, Elledge S. Asf1 links Rad53 to control of chromatin assembly. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1061-6 pubmed..Thus, checkpoint pathways directly regulate chromatin assembly to promote survival in response to DNA damage and replication blocks. ..
- Yang G, Ayala G, De Marzo A, Tian W, Frolov A, Wheeler T, et al. Elevated Skp2 protein expression in human prostate cancer: association with loss of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 and PTEN and with reduced recurrence-free survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:3419-26 pubmed..These data suggest that induction of Skp2 may be causally linked with decreased levels of p27 in prostate cancer and implicate PTEN in the regulation of Skp2 expression in vivo, as previous tissue culture experiments have suggested. ..
- Georgakis G, Li Y, Rassidakis G, Martinez Valdez H, Medeiros L, Younes A. Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 function by 17-allylamino-17-demethoxy-geldanamycin in Hodgkin's lymphoma cells down-regulates Akt kinase, dephosphorylates extracellular signal-regulated kinase, and induces cell cycle arrest and cell death. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:584-90 pubmed
- Moss T, Vo A, McKeehan W, Liu L. UXT (Ubiquitously Expressed Transcript) causes mitochondrial aggregation. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2007;43:139-46 pubmed..We conclude that increasing concentrations of UXT contributes to progressive aggregation of mitochondria and cell death potentially through association of UXT with LRPPRC. ..
- Ji P, Smith S, Wang Y, Jiang R, Song S, Li B, et al. Inhibition of gliomagenesis and attenuation of mitotic transition by MIIP. Oncogene. 2010;29:3501-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, MIIP attenuates mitotic transition and increases mitotic catastrophe, thereby inhibiting glioma development and progression. ..
- Ren Y, Liu Z, Mullany L, Fan C, Richards J. Growth Arrest Specific-1 (GAS1) Is a C/EBP Target Gene That Functions in Ovulation and Corpus Luteum Formation in Mice. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:44 pubmed publisher..The C/EBP target Gas1 is induced in granulosa cells and is associated with ovulation and luteinization. ..
- Lee H, Suh Y, Kosmeder J, Pezzuto J, Hong W, Kurie J. Deguelin-induced inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human bronchial epithelial cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:1074-9 pubmed
- Tsai W, Chung Y, Takahashi Y, Xu Z, Hu M. Functional interaction between FOXO3a and ATM regulates DNA damage response. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:460-7 pubmed publisher..The carboxy-terminal domain of FOXO3a binds to the FAT domain of ATM, thereby contributing to the activation of ATM. These results suggest that ATM may be regulated directly by FOXO3a in the DNA-damage response. ..
- Liu L, Akhter S, Bae J, Mukhopadhyay S, Richie C, Liu X, et al. SNM1B/Apollo interacts with astrin and is required for the prophase cell cycle checkpoint. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:628-38 pubmed..These findings suggest that SNM1B/Apollo and Astrin function together to enforce the prophase checkpoint in response to spindle stress. ..
- Lu L, Li Y, Kim S, Bossuyt W, Liu P, Qiu Q, et al. Hippo signaling is a potent in vivo growth and tumor suppressor pathway in the mammalian liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1437-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that the Hippo signaling pathway is a critical regulator of mammalian liver growth and a potent suppressor of liver tumor formation. ..
- Yang C, Wang H, Xu Y, Brinkman K, Ishiyama H, Wong S, et al. The kinetochore protein Bub1 participates in the DNA damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:185-91 pubmed publisher..Together, we elucidate the molecular mechanism of DNA damage-induced Bub1 activation and highlight a critical role of Bub1 in DDR. ..
- Skowyra D, Craig K, Tyers M, Elledge S, Harper J. F-box proteins are receptors that recruit phosphorylated substrates to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complex. Cell. 1997;91:209-19 pubmed..SCF complexes couple protein kinase signaling pathways to the control of protein abundance. ..
- Huang M, Zhou Z, Elledge S. The DNA replication and damage checkpoint pathways induce transcription by inhibition of the Crt1 repressor. Cell. 1998;94:595-605 pubmed..The inhibition of an autoregulatory repressor in response to DNA damage is a strategy conserved throughout prokaryotic and eukaryotic evolution. ..
- Kruyt F, Hoshino T, Liu J, Joseph P, Jaiswal A, Youssoufian H. Abnormal microsomal detoxification implicated in Fanconi anemia group C by interaction of the FAC protein with NADPH cytochrome P450 reductase. Blood. 1998;92:3050-6 pubmed..We propose that FAC plays a fundamental role in vivo by attenuating the activity of RED, thereby regulating a major detoxification pathway in mammalian cells. ..
- Wang H, Elledge S. DRC1, DNA replication and checkpoint protein 1, functions with DPB11 to control DNA replication and the S-phase checkpoint in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3824-9 pubmed..DRC1 and DPB11 show synthetic lethality and reciprocal dosage suppression. The Drc1 and Dpb11 proteins physically associate and function together to coordinate DNA replication and the cell cycle. ..
- Chakravarthy M, Abraha T, Schwartz R, Fiorotto M, Booth F. Insulin-like growth factor-I extends in vitro replicative life span of skeletal muscle satellite cells by enhancing G1/S cell cycle progression via the activation of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35942-52 pubmed..These observations provide a more complete dissection of molecular events by which increased local expression of a growth factor in mature skeletal muscle fibers extends replicative life span of primary stem cells than previously known. ..
- Tan M, Jing T, Lan K, Neal C, Li P, Lee S, et al. Phosphorylation on tyrosine-15 of p34(Cdc2) by ErbB2 inhibits p34(Cdc2) activation and is involved in resistance to taxol-induced apoptosis. Mol Cell. 2002;9:993-1004 pubmed..Expressing a nonphosphorylatable mutant of Cdc2 renders cells more sensitive to taxol-induced apoptosis. Thus, ErbB2 membrane RTK can confer resistance to taxol-induced apoptosis by directly phosphorylating Cdc2. ..
- Vorburger S, Pataer A, Yoshida K, Liu Y, Lu X, Swisher S, et al. The mitochondrial apoptosis-inducing factor plays a role in E2F-1-induced apoptosis in human colon cancer cells. Ann Surg Oncol. 2003;10:314-22 pubmed
- Leonard D, Ajuh P, Lamond A, Legerski R. hLodestar/HuF2 interacts with CDC5L and is involved in pre-mRNA splicing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:793-801 pubmed..Although many members of the DExH/D helicase superfamily have been linked to pre-mRNA splicing, this is the first SNF2 family member to be implicated in this pathway. ..
- Wu W, Slomovitz B, Celestino J, Chung L, Thornton A, Lu K. Coordinate expression of Cdc25B and ER-alpha is frequent in low-grade endometrioid endometrial carcinoma but uncommon in high-grade endometrioid and nonendometrioid carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2003;63:6195-9 pubmed..However, in UPSC/CCC, cdc25B is highly expressed without coordinate increase in phosphorylated ER-alpha. Cdc25B may play important roles in the development and progression of EEC and UPSC/CCC by different mechanisms...
- Lin S, Nishino M, Luo W, Aumais J, Galfione M, Kuang J, et al. Inhibition of prostate tumor growth by overexpression of NudC, a microtubule motor-associated protein. Oncogene. 2004;23:2499-506 pubmed..These results suggest that NudC overexpression led to a block in cell division of prostate cancer cells, and that Ad-NudC may provide a new anticancer drug approach targeting the function of a microtubule motor-associated protein. ..
- Chen Q, Liang D, Yang T, Leone G, Overbeek P. Distinct capacities of individual E2Fs to induce cell cycle re-entry in postmitotic lens fiber cells of transgenic mice. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:435-45 pubmed..E2F3a and E2F4, but not E2F5, function to induce cell cycle entry, although E2F4 has more modest activity. E2F3a may induce cell death primarily through activation of p73alpha. ..
- Pan J, She M, Xu Z, Sun L, Yeung S. Farnesyltransferase inhibitors induce DNA damage via reactive oxygen species in human cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3671-81 pubmed..Our data also imply that inhibitors of DNA repair may accentuate the clinical efficacy of FTIs. ..
- Fu L, Patel M, Bradley A, Wagner E, Karsenty G. The molecular clock mediates leptin-regulated bone formation. Cell. 2005;122:803-15 pubmed..Thus, leptin determines the extent of bone formation by modulating, via sympathetic signaling, osteoblast proliferation through two antagonistic pathways, one of which involves the molecular clock. ..
- Dejournett R, Kobayashi R, Pan S, Wu C, Etkin L, Clark R, et al. Phosphorylation of the proline-rich domain of Xp95 modulates Xp95 interaction with partner proteins. Biochem J. 2007;401:521-31 pubmed..These findings establish that Xp95/Alix is phosphorylated within the PRD during M-phase induction, and indicate that the phosphorylation may both positively and negatively modulate their interaction with partner proteins. ..
- Song H, Cauffman K, Chan A, Zhou Y, King M, Etkin L, et al. Hermes RNA-binding protein targets RNAs-encoding proteins involved in meiotic maturation, early cleavage, and germline development. Differentiation. 2007;75:519-28 pubmed..We propose that as an RNA-binding protein, Hermes may be involved in maturation, cleavage events at the vegetal pole and germ cell development by negatively regulating the expression of RINGO/Spy, Mos, and Xcat2 mRNAs. ..
- Chandhasin C, Ducu R, Berkovich E, Kastan M, Marriott S. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 tax attenuates the ATM-mediated cellular DNA damage response. J Virol. 2008;82:6952-61 pubmed publisher..Attempts to replicate in the presence of these lesions would result in gradual accumulation of mutations, leading to genome instability and cellular transformation. ..
- Deng Y, Guo X, Ferguson D, Chang S. Multiple roles for MRE11 at uncapped telomeres. Nature. 2009;460:914-8 pubmed publisher..MRE11 can also protect newly replicated leading strand telomeres from NHEJ by promoting 5' strand resection to generate POT1a-TPP1-bound 3' overhangs...
- Orellana D, Liu X, Wang G, Jin J, Iakova P, Timchenko N. Calmodulin controls liver proliferation via interactions with C/EBPbeta-LAP and C/EBPbeta-LIP. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23444-56 pubmed publisher..CaM inhibits these growth promotion activities of C/EBPbeta-LIP and, therefore, supports liver quiescence. Thus, our findings discover a new pathway of the regulation of liver proliferation that involves calcium-CaM signaling. ..
- Valdez B, Li Y, Murray D, Champlin R, Andersson B. The synergistic cytotoxicity of clofarabine, fludarabine and busulfan in AML cells involves ATM pathway activation and chromatin remodeling. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;81:222-32 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a conceptual mechanistic basis for exploring this triple-drug combination in pretransplant conditioning therapy for allo-HSCT. ..
- Yu Z, Liu Y, Li Z. Structure-function relationship of the Polo-like kinase in Trypanosoma brucei. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1519-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest an essential role of T-loop phosphorylation in TbPLK activation and crucial roles of the PBD in regulating TbPLK activity and localization. ..
- Valdez B, Nieto Y, Murray D, Li Y, Wang G, Champlin R, et al. Epigenetic modifiers enhance the synergistic cytotoxicity of combined nucleoside analog-DNA alkylating agents in lymphoma cell lines. Exp Hematol. 2012;40:800-10 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rationale for an ongoing clinical trial in our institution using (BMG+suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid) as pre-hematopoietic stem cell transplantation conditioning for lymphoma...
- Leung J, Ghosal G, Wang W, Shen X, Wang J, Li L, et al. Alpha thalassemia/mental retardation syndrome X-linked gene product ATRX is required for proper replication restart and cellular resistance to replication stress. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6342-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified ATRX as a binding partner of MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 (MRN) complex. Together, these results suggest a non-canonical function of ATRX in guarding genomic stability. ..
- Udan R, Kango Singh M, Nolo R, Tao C, Halder G. Hippo promotes proliferation arrest and apoptosis in the Salvador/Warts pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:914-20 pubmed..We find that Sav binds to a regulatory domain of Hpo that is essential for its function, indicating that Hpo acts together with Sav and Wts in a signalling module that coordinately regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Desany B, Alcasabas A, Bachant J, Elledge S. Recovery from DNA replicational stress is the essential function of the S-phase checkpoint pathway. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2956-70 pubmed..We propose that this checkpoint pathway plays an important role in the maintenance of DNA synthetic capabilities when DNA replication is stressed. ..
- Stenoien D, Sen S, Mancini M, Brinkley B. Dynamic association of a tumor amplified kinase, Aurora-A, with the centrosome and mitotic spindle. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2003;55:134-46 pubmed..Collectively, these studies contrast the relative cellular dynamics of Aurora-A with other cytoskeletal proteins that share its micro-domains, and identify essential regions required for targeting and dynamics. ..
- Myers M, Middlebrook B, Matzuk M, Pangas S. Loss of inhibin alpha uncouples oocyte-granulosa cell dynamics and disrupts postnatal folliculogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;334:458-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide key evidence to suggest that regulation of the inhibin/activin system is essential for early folliculogenesis in the prepubertal mouse ovary. ..
- Sazer S, Nurse P. A fission yeast RCC1-related protein is required for the mitosis to interphase transition. EMBO J. 1994;13:606-15 pubmed..Based on our studies we propose that the pim1 gene product is required for regulating chromatin condensation with a primary role at the end of mitosis and pleiotropic effects on other aspects of cell behavior. ..
- Stepanova L, Leng X, Parker S, Harper J. Mammalian p50Cdc37 is a protein kinase-targeting subunit of Hsp90 that binds and stabilizes Cdk4. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1491-502 pubmed..This study suggests a general role for p50Cdc37 in signaling pathways dependent on intrinsically unstable protein kinases and reveals a previously unrecognized chaperone-dependent step in the production of Cdk4/cyclin D complexes. ..
- Magdaleno S, Wang G, Mireles V, Ray M, Finegold M, DeMayo F. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor expression in pulmonary Clara cells transformed with SV40 large T antigen in transgenic mice. Cell Growth Differ. 1997;8:145-55 pubmed..The expression of p15, p57, and p21 mRNAs were verified by in situ hybridization. Using this approach, regulatory genes have been identified that may be involved in the regulation of Clara cell differentiation. ..
- Botta A, Jurecic V, Pizzuti A, Novelli G, Dallapiccola B, Baldini A. Assignment of the gene for a ubiquitin fusion degradation protein (Ufd1l) to mouse chromosome 16B1-B4, syntenic with the Tuple1 gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;77:264-5 pubmed
- Doostzadeh Cizeron J, Terry N, Goodrich D. The nuclear death domain protein p84N5 activates a G2/M cell cycle checkpoint prior to the onset of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1127-32 pubmed..This conclusion is consistent with the hypotheses that p84N5 functions in an Rb-regulated cellular response that is similar to that triggered by DNA damage. ..
- Wang Y, Hu F, Elledge S. The Bfa1/Bub2 GAP complex comprises a universal checkpoint required to prevent mitotic exit. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1379-82 pubmed..We propose that Bfa1/Bub2 checkpoint pathway functions as a universal checkpoint in G2/M that prevents CDK inactivation in response to cell-cycle delay in G2/M. ..
- Zheng B, Albrecht U, Kaasik K, Sage M, Lu W, Vaishnav S, et al. Nonredundant roles of the mPer1 and mPer2 genes in the mammalian circadian clock. Cell. 2001;105:683-94 pubmed..Genes encoding key enzymes in heme biosynthesis are under circadian control and are regulated by mPER1 and mPER2. Together, our studies show that mPER1 and mPER2 have distinct and complementary roles in the mouse clock mechanism. ..
- Hu F, Wang Y, Liu D, Li Y, Qin J, Elledge S. Regulation of the Bub2/Bfa1 GAP complex by Cdc5 and cell cycle checkpoints. Cell. 2001;107:655-65 pubmed..DNA damage does not inhibit Bfa1 phosphorylation and instead causes a Rad53- and Dun1-dependent modification of Bfa1. Regulation of Bfa1 may therefore be a key step controlled by multiple checkpoint pathways to ensure a mitotic arrest. ..
- Esteva F, Sahin A, Rassidakis G, Yuan L, Smith T, Yang Y, et al. Jun activation domain binding protein 1 expression is associated with low p27(Kip1)levels in node-negative breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:5652-9 pubmed..JAB1 overexpression is associated with low levels of p27(Kip1) in node-negative breast cancer. In this study, JAB1 and p27(Kip1) were not independent prognostic factors. ..
- Chen Q, Liang D, Fromm L, Overbeek P. Inhibition of lens fiber cell morphogenesis by expression of a mutant SV40 large T antigen that binds CREB-binding protein/p300 but not pRb. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17667-73 pubmed
- Akli S, Zheng P, Multani A, Wingate H, Pathak S, Zhang N, et al. Tumor-specific low molecular weight forms of cyclin E induce genomic instability and resistance to p21, p27, and antiestrogens in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3198-208 pubmed
- Xu Z, Zou W, Lin P, Chang K. A role for PML3 in centrosome duplication and genome stability. Mol Cell. 2005;17:721-32 pubmed..The results of this study implicate a direct role for PML3 in the control of centrosome duplication through suppression of Aurora A activation to prevent centrosome reduplication. ..
- Wu R, Feng Q, Lonard D, O Malley B. SRC-3 coactivator functional lifetime is regulated by a phospho-dependent ubiquitin time clock. Cell. 2007;129:1125-40 pubmed
- Guo X, Deng Y, Lin Y, Cosme Blanco W, Chan S, He H, et al. Dysfunctional telomeres activate an ATM-ATR-dependent DNA damage response to suppress tumorigenesis. EMBO J. 2007;26:4709-19 pubmed..In addition, our results suggest that loss of ATM can cooperate with dysfunctional telomeres to promote cellular transformation and tumor formation in vivo. ..
- Zhou X, Pan S, Sun L, Corvera J, Lin S, Kuang J. The HIV-1 p6/EIAV p9 docking site in Alix is autoinhibited as revealed by a conformation-sensitive anti-Alix monoclonal antibody. Biochem J. 2008;414:215-20 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study demonstrate that formation or exposure of the p6(Gag)/p9(Gag) docking site in Alix is a regulated event and that Alix association with the membrane may play a positive role in this process. ..
- Yuan J, Chen J. N terminus of CtIP is critical for homologous recombination-mediated double-strand break repair. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31746-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight the importance of the N terminus of CtIP in directing its localization and function in DSB repair. ..
- Shin Y, Choi Y, Erdin S, Yatsenko S, Kloc M, Yang F, et al. Hormad1 mutation disrupts synaptonemal complex formation, recombination, and chromosome segregation in mammalian meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001190 pubmed publisher..HORMAD1 is therefore a critical component of the synaptonemal complex that affects synapsis, recombination, and meiotic sex chromosome inactivation and transcriptional silencing...
- Darlington Y, Nguyen T, Moon S, Herron A, Rao P, Zhu C, et al. Absence of Wip1 partially rescues Atm deficiency phenotypes in mice. Oncogene. 2012;31:1155-65 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that inhibition of WIP1 may represent a useful strategy for cancer treatment in general and A-T patients in particular. ..
- Chen Q, Hung F, Fromm L, Overbeek P. Induction of cell cycle entry and cell death in postmitotic lens fiber cells by overexpression of E2F1 or E2F2. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:4223-31 pubmed..Expression of either E2F1 or E2F2 can induce postmitotic lens fiber cells to re-enter the cell cycle. Inappropriate cell cycle entry is recognized by p53 in each case, and programmed cell death ensues. ..
- Skowyra D, Zeremski M, Neznanov N, Li M, Choi Y, Uesugi M, et al. Differential association of products of alternative transcripts of the candidate tumor suppressor ING1 with the mSin3/HDAC1 transcriptional corepressor complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:8734-9 pubmed..Our data provide basis for a p33(ING1b)-specific molecular mechanism for the function of the ING1 locus. ..
- Choi H, Tucker S, Huang Z, Gillenwater A, Luna M, Batsakis J, et al. Differential expressions of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (p27 and p21) and their relation to p53 and Ki-67 in oral squamous tumorigenesis. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:409-14 pubmed
- Cushman I, Stenoien D, Moore M. The dynamic association of RCC1 with chromatin is modulated by Ran-dependent nuclear transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:245-55 pubmed..Thus, RCC1 release from chromatin in vitro requires a factor(s) distinct from, or in addition to, Ran and seems linked in vivo to the availability of Ran-dependent transport cargo. ..
- Zheng B, Georgakis G, Li Y, Bharti A, McConkey D, Aggarwal B, et al. Induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 in Hodgkin disease cell lines is independent of inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB mutations or activation of the CD30, CD40, and RANK receptors. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3207-15 pubmed..The in vitro activity of PS-341 against HD-derived cell lines suggests that PS-341 may have a therapeutic value for the treatment of HD. ..
- Kaasik K, Lee C. Reciprocal regulation of haem biosynthesis and the circadian clock in mammals. Nature. 2004;430:467-71 pubmed..Our data show that the circadian clock and haem biosynthesis are reciprocally regulated and suggest that porphyrin-containing molecules are potential targets for therapy of circadian disorders. ..
- Zhang X, Succi J, Feng Z, Prithivirajsingh S, Story M, Legerski R. Artemis is a phosphorylation target of ATM and ATR and is involved in the G2/M DNA damage checkpoint response. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9207-20 pubmed..These results define Artemis as having a checkpoint function and suggest that the radiosensitivity and chromosomal instability of Artemis-deficient cells may be due to defects in cell cycle responses after DNA damage. ..
- Lee C. The circadian clock and tumor suppression by mammalian period genes. Methods Enzymol. 2005;393:852-61 pubmed..Genetic studies have demonstrated that many key regulators of cell cycle and growth control are also important circadian clock regulators, confirming the critical role of circadian function in organismal homeostasis. ..
- Zhang N, Kaur R, Lu X, Shen X, Li L, Legerski R. The Pso4 mRNA splicing and DNA repair complex interacts with WRN for processing of DNA interstrand cross-links. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40559-67 pubmed..In addition, we show that WRN and the Pso4 complex interact through a direct physical association between WRN and Cdc5L. A putative model for uncoupling of ICLs in mammalian cells is presented. ..
- Tanaka T, Nishimura D, Wu R, Amano M, Iso T, Kedes L, et al. Nuclear Rho kinase, ROCK2, targets p300 acetyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15320-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that nucleus-localized ROCK2 targets p300 for phosphorylation to regulate its acetyltransferase activity. ..
- Bae J, Mukhopadhyay S, Liu L, Zhang N, Tan J, Akhter S, et al. Snm1B/Apollo mediates replication fork collapse and S Phase checkpoint activation in response to DNA interstrand cross-links. Oncogene. 2008;27:5045-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also show that Snm1B interacts with the Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 (MRN) complex and with FancD2 further substantiating its role as a checkpoint/DNA repair protein. ..
- Ewald B, Sampath D, Plunkett W. ATM and the Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 complex respond to nucleoside analogue-induced stalled replication forks and contribute to drug resistance. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7947-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ATM, Mre11, and Rad50 are required for survival after replication fork stalling, whereas Nbs1 and H2AX are inconsequential. ..
- Zhang N, Kaur R, Akhter S, Legerski R. Cdc5L interacts with ATR and is required for the S-phase cell-cycle checkpoint. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:1029-35 pubmed publisher..These findings show a new function for Cdc5L in the regulation of the ATR-mediated cell-cycle checkpoint in response to genotoxic agents. ..
- Kurasawa Y, Yu Lee L. PICH and cotargeted Plk1 coordinately maintain prometaphase chromosome arm architecture. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1188-99 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that the PICH-Plk1 complex plays a critical role in maintaining prometaphase chromosome architecture. ..
- Ling S, Lin W. EDD inhibits ATM-mediated phosphorylation of p53. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14972-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, through binding to p53, EDD actively inhibits p53 phosphorylation by ATM and plays a role in ensuring smooth G(1)/S progression. ..
- Bai C, Richman R, Elledge S. Human cyclin F. EMBO J. 1994;13:6087-98 pubmed..The ubiquitous expression and phylogentic conservation of cyclin F suggests that it is likely to coordinate essential cell cycle events distinct from those regulated by other cyclins. ..
- Ouspenski I, Mueller U, Matynia A, Sazer S, Elledge S, Brinkley B. Ran-binding protein-1 is an essential component of the Ran/RCC1 molecular switch system in budding yeast. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1975-8 pubmed..Thus RanBP1 is a functional component of a highly conserved molecular system that affects diverse cellular processes. The availability of this gene in S. cerevisiae provides a genetic system for the analysis of RanBP1 function in vivo. ..
- Bai C, Sen P, Hofmann K, Ma L, Goebl M, Harper J, et al. SKP1 connects cell cycle regulators to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through a novel motif, the F-box. Cell. 1996;86:263-74 pubmed..Different skp1 mutants arrest cells in either G1 or G2, suggesting a connection between regulation of proteolysis in different stages of the cycle. ..
- Navas T, Sanchez Y, Elledge S. RAD9 and DNA polymerase epsilon form parallel sensory branches for transducing the DNA damage checkpoint signal in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2632-43 pubmed..Each of these pathways subsequently activates the central transducers Mec1p/Esr1p/Sad3p and Rad53p/Mec2p/Sad1p, which are required for both cell-cycle arrest and transcriptional responses. ..
- Hoshino T, Wang J, Devetten M, Iwata N, Kajigaya S, Wise R, et al. Molecular chaperone GRP94 binds to the Fanconi anemia group C protein and regulates its intracellular expression. Blood. 1998;91:4379-86 pubmed..In addition, the pathogenicity of the IVS-4 splicing mutation in the FAC gene may be mediated in part by its inability to bind to GRP94. ..
- Wada H, Yeh E, Kamitani T. Identification of NEDD8-conjugation site in human cullin-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;257:100-5 pubmed
- Zhang N, Lu X, Zhang X, Peterson C, Legerski R. hMutSbeta is required for the recognition and uncoupling of psoralen interstrand cross-links in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2388-97 pubmed..Thus, a novel pathway for processing ICLs has been identified in mammalian cells which involves components of the mismatch repair and nucleotide excision repair pathways. ..
- Brotto M, Finegold M. Distinct patterns of p27/KIP 1 gene expression in hepatoblastoma and prognostic implications with correlation before and after chemotherapy. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:198-205 pubmed..Although this may imply selection of a more aggressive clone, all patients with this histology were cured in this series. Aggressiveness and ultimate prognosis for incompletely resected tumors after chemotherapy remain indeterminate. ..
- Edmondson D, Davie J, Zhou J, Mirnikjoo B, Tatchell K, Dent S. Site-specific loss of acetylation upon phosphorylation of histone H3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29496-502 pubmed
- Kango Singh M, Nolo R, Tao C, Verstreken P, Hiesinger P, Bellen H, et al. Shar-pei mediates cell proliferation arrest during imaginal disc growth in Drosophila. Development. 2002;129:5719-30 pubmed..shar-pei encodes a WW-domain-containing protein that has homologs in worms, mice and humans, suggesting that mechanisms of organ growth control are evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Frese K, Lee S, Thomas D, Latorre I, Weiss R, Glaunsinger B, et al. Selective PDZ protein-dependent stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase by the adenovirus E4-ORF1 oncoprotein. Oncogene. 2003;22:710-21 pubmed..From these results, we propose that the transforming and tumorigenic potentials of the adenovirus E4-ORF1 oncoprotein depend on its capacity to activate PI3K through a novel PDZ protein-dependent mechanism of action. ..
- Yi Y, Shepard A, Kittrell F, Mulac Jericevic B, Medina D, Said T. p19ARF determines the balance between normal cell proliferation rate and apoptosis during mammary gland development. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2302-11 pubmed
- Kadura S, He X, Vanoosthuyse V, Hardwick K, Sazer S. The A78V mutation in the Mad3-like domain of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Bub1p perturbs nuclear accumulation and kinetochore targeting of Bub1p, Bub3p, and Mad3p and spindle assembly checkpoint function. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:385-95 pubmed..These data indicate that Bub1p-A78V is defective in both nuclear accumulation and kinetochore targeting and that a threshold level of nuclear Bub1p is necessary for the nuclear accumulation of Bub3p and Mad3p. ..