Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: base sequence
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Hosoda K, Hammer R, Richardson J, Baynash A, Cheung J, Giaid A, et al. Targeted and natural (piebald-lethal) mutations of endothelin-B receptor gene produce megacolon associated with spotted coat color in mice. Cell. 1994;79:1267-76 pubmed..We postulate that defects in the human EDNRB gene cause a hereditary form of Hirschsprung's disease that has recently been mapped to human chromosome 13, in which EDNRB is located. ..
- Letsou A, Alexander S, Wasserman S. Domain mapping of tube, a protein essential for dorsoventral patterning of the Drosophila embryo. EMBO J. 1993;12:3449-58 pubmed..Although the repeat-containing domain by itself provides no rescue of the tube maternal effect phenotype, it is necessary for wild-type levels of tube activity. This domain is thus likely to play an ancillary role in axis formation...
- Zhang S, Fernandez Vina M, Falco M, Cerna M, Raimondi E, Stastny P. A novel HLA-DRB1 allele (DRB1*0417) in South American Indians. Immunogenetics. 1993;38:463 pubmed
- Bhatia P, Verhage R, Brouwer J, Friedberg E. Molecular cloning and characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RAD28, the yeast homolog of the human Cockayne syndrome A (CSA) gene. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:5977-88 pubmed..Both rad28 and rad26 null mutants are hypermutable following exposure to UV light. ..
- Pelzer T, Lyons G, Kim S, Moreadith R. Cloning and characterization of the murine homolog of the sno proto-oncogene reveals a novel splice variant. Dev Dyn. 1996;205:114-25 pubmed..Expression in terminally differentiated tissues such as muscle and neurons indicates that SNO may have multiple functional activities. ..
- Wise C, Chiang L, Paznekas W, Sharma M, Musy M, Ashley J, et al. TCOF1 gene encodes a putative nucleolar phosphoprotein that exhibits mutations in Treacher Collins Syndrome throughout its coding region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:3110-5 pubmed..We postulate that TCS results from defects in a nucleolar trafficking protein that is critically required during human craniofacial development...
- Schuppin G, Pons S, Hugl S, Aiello L, King G, White M, et al. A specific increased expression of insulin receptor substrate 2 in pancreatic beta-cell lines is involved in mediating serum-stimulated beta-cell growth. Diabetes. 1998;47:1074-85 pubmed..It is conceivable that IRS-2 expression in beta-cells contributes to maintaining the islet beta-cell population, complementary to observations in the IRS-2 knockout mouse in which beta-cell mass is markedly reduced. ..
- Tseng C, Ely B, Li Y, Pong R, Hsieh J. Regulation of rat DOC-2 gene during castration-induced rat ventral prostate degeneration and its growth inhibitory function in human prostatic carcinoma cells. Endocrinology. 1998;139:3542-53 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that C9 is up-regulated during prostate degeneration process and may play an active role in the proliferation and differentiation of prostatic epithelium. ..
- Simmons A, Musy M, Lopes C, Hwang L, Yang Y, Lovett M. A direct interaction between EXT proteins and glycosyltransferases is defective in hereditary multiple exostoses. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2155-64 pubmed..The EXT2-GalNAc-T5 interaction provides the first direct physical link between EXT proteins and known components of glycosamino-glycan synthesis...
- McCutchen Maloney S, Matsuda K, Shimbara N, Binns D, Tanaka K, Slaughter C, et al. cDNA cloning, expression, and functional characterization of PI31, a proline-rich inhibitor of the proteasome. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18557-65 pubmed..These results suggest that PI31 plays an important role in control of proteasome function, including that in ubiquitin-dependent pathways of protein degradation. ..
- Nikkila H, McMillan D, Nunez B, Pascoe L, Curnow K, White P. Sequence similarities between a novel putative G protein-coupled receptor and Na+/Ca2+ exchangers define a cation binding domain. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1351-64 pubmed..These results define a consensus cation binding motif employed in several widely divergent types of proteins. The ligand for VLGR1, its function, and the signaling pathway(s) it employs remain to be defined. ..
- Liu Z, Sekito T, Epstein C, Butow R. RTG-dependent mitochondria to nucleus signaling is negatively regulated by the seven WD-repeat protein Lst8p. EMBO J. 2001;20:7209-19 pubmed..These data, together with genome-wide transcription profiling, reveal pathways regulated by glutamate, and provide insight into the regulation of cellular responses to mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Park M, Ko S, Choi J, Muallem G, Thomas P, Pushkin A, et al. The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator interacts with and regulates the activity of the HCO3- salvage transporter human Na+-HCO3- cotransport isoform 3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50503-9 pubmed
- Cheng J, Russell D. Mammalian wax biosynthesis. I. Identification of two fatty acyl-Coenzyme A reductases with different substrate specificities and tissue distributions. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37789-97 pubmed..The data suggest that fatty alcohol synthesis in mammals is accomplished by two fatty acyl-CoA reductase isozymes that are expressed at high levels in tissues known to synthesize wax monoesters and ether lipids. ..
- Liu N, Barbosa A, Chapman S, Bezprozvannaya S, Qi X, Richardson J, et al. DNA binding-dependent and -independent functions of the Hand2 transcription factor during mouse embryogenesis. Development. 2009;136:933-42 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Hand2 regulates tissue growth and development in vivo through DNA binding-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Tang W, Yang F, Li Y, de Crombrugghe B, Jiao H, Xiao G, et al. Transcriptional regulation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) by osteoblast-specific transcription factor Osterix (Osx) in osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1671-8 pubmed publisher..We provide the first evidence that Osx controlled VEGF expression, suggesting a potential role of Osx in coordinating osteogenesis and angiogenesis. ..
- Patel V, Williams D, Hajarnis S, Hunter R, Pontoglio M, Somlo S, et al. miR-17~92 miRNA cluster promotes kidney cyst growth in polycystic kidney disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:10765-70 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide a unique hypothesis for disease progression in PKD involving miRNAs and regulation of PKD gene dosage. ..
- Dariush N, Fisher C, Cox R, Chuang D. Structure of the gene encoding the entire mature E1 alpha subunit of human branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complex. FEBS Lett. 1991;284:34-8 pubmed..The information on the gene structure for the entire mature E1 alpha subunit will facilitate investigations into the molecular basis of MSUD involving this subunit. ..
- Johnston P, Perin M, Reynolds G, Wasserman S, Sudhof T. Two novel annexins from Drosophila melanogaster. Cloning, characterization, and differential expression in development. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:11382-8 pubmed
- Chen Q, Cheng J, Tasi L, Schneider N, Buchanan G, Carroll A, et al. The tal gene undergoes chromosome translocation in T cell leukemia and potentially encodes a helix-loop-helix protein. EMBO J. 1990;9:415-24 pubmed..Hence, tal and lyl-1 encode a distinct family of helix-loop-helix proteins involved in the malignant development of lymphocytes. ..
- Lacey S, Sanders J, Rothberg K, Anderson R, Kamen B. Complementary DNA for the folate binding protein correctly predicts anchoring to the membrane by glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol. J Clin Invest. 1989;84:715-20 pubmed..Release of the binder with a phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C strongly supports this hypothesis. ..
- Tilley W, Marcelli M, Wilson J, McPhaul M. Characterization and expression of a cDNA encoding the human androgen receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:327-31 pubmed
- Kagimoto K, McCarthy J, Waterman M, Kagimoto M. Deduced amino acid sequence of mature chicken testis ferredoxin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;155:379-83 pubmed..Thus, the amino acid structure of steroidogenic ferredoxins which transfer electrons to mitochondrial forms of cytochrome P-450 has been very highly conserved over evolutionary time. ..
- Xiong H, Vik S. Alanine-scanning mutagenesis of the epsilon subunit of the F1-F0 ATP synthase from Escherichia coli reveals two classes of mutants. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:23300-4 pubmed..Some residues are important for the binding of epsilon to F1 and therefore for inhibition. Other residues, from Glu-59 through Glu-70, are important for the release of inhibition by epsilon that is part of the normal enzyme cycle. ..
- Li K, Williams R. Cloning and characterization of three new murine genes encoding short homologues of RNase P RNA. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25281-5 pubmed..Similar short homologues of RNase P RNA also are expressed in rat, rabbit, and human cells. We conclude that higher vertebrates express multiple isoforms of RNase P RNA. ..
- Zelenaya Troitskaya O, Perlman P, Butow R. An enzyme in yeast mitochondria that catalyzes a step in branched-chain amino acid biosynthesis also functions in mitochondrial DNA stability. EMBO J. 1995;14:3268-76 pubmed..We suggest that ILV5 encodes a bifunctional protein required for branched-chain amino acid biosynthesis and for the maintenance of rho+ mtDNA. ..
- Kuziel W, Kienker L, Tucker P. Physical linkage of mouse Tcrg-V genes. I. Evolutionary and regulatory features of the Vg1.1-Vg1.2 intergenic region. Immunogenetics. 1994;39:296-7 pubmed
- Sekido Y, Bader S, Latif F, Gnarra J, Gazdar A, Linehan W, et al. Molecular analysis of the von Hippel-Lindau disease tumor suppressor gene in human lung cancer cell lines. Oncogene. 1994;9:1599-604 pubmed..These results suggest that the VHL gene is only rarely mutated in thoracic malignancies. ..
- Yanouri A, Daniel R, Errington J, Buchanan C. Cloning and sequencing of the cell division gene pbpB, which encodes penicillin-binding protein 2B in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7604-16 pubmed..subtilis and that one PBP has evolved to serve a common role in septation during both vegetative growth and sporulation, whereas the other PBP serves a specialized role in sporulation. ..
- Yang Y, Hanke J, Carayannopoulos L, Craft C, Capra J, Tucker P. NonO, a non-POU-domain-containing, octamer-binding protein, is the mammalian homolog of Drosophila nonAdiss. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5593-603 pubmed..In addition to its conventional octamer duplex-binding, NonO binds single-stranded DNA and RNA at a site independent of the duplex site. ..
- Mori K, Ma W, Gething M, Sambrook J. A transmembrane protein with a cdc2+/CDC28-related kinase activity is required for signaling from the ER to the nucleus. Cell. 1993;74:743-56 pubmed..We postulate that Ern1p is the proximal sensor of events in the ER and that binding of ligand causes transduction of information across the ER membrane, leading to activation of a specific set of transcription factors. ..
- Agarwal A, Rogerson F, Mune T, White P. Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the human HSD11K gene encoding the kidney (type 2) isozyme of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Genomics. 1995;29:195-9 pubmed..Different transcriptional start sites are utilized in kidney and placenta. These data should be applicable to genetic analysis of the syndrome of apparent mineralocorticoid excess, which may represent a deficiency of 11 beta HSD. ..
- Margossian S, Li H, Zassenhaus H, Butow R. The DExH box protein Suv3p is a component of a yeast mitochondrial 3'-to-5' exoribonuclease that suppresses group I intron toxicity. Cell. 1996;84:199-209 pubmed..These findings account for group I intron overaccumulation in cells lacking Suv3p and define a novel function for putative RNA helicases in direct RNA degradation. ..
- Li X, Zimmerman A, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Yin H. The mouse thymosin beta 4 gene: structure, promoter identification, and chromosome localization. Genomics. 1996;32:388-94 pubmed..The mouse T beta 4 gene locus (Ptmb4) is located by interspecific backcross mapping to the distal region of the mouse X chromosome, linked to Btk and Gja6. ..
- Cope L, Lumbley S, Latimer J, Klesney Tait J, Stevens M, Johnson L, et al. A diffusible cytotoxin of Haemophilus ducreyi. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4056-61 pubmed..ducreyi was shown to bind to the H. ducreyi cdtC gene product. This soluble H. ducreyi cytotoxin may play a role in the development or persistence of the ulcerative lesions characteristic of chancroid...
- Biswas M, Russell D. Expression cloning and characterization of oxidative 17beta- and 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases from rat and human prostate. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15959-66 pubmed..The synthesis of an active steroid hormone by back conversion of an inactive metabolite represents a potentially important mechanism by which the steady state level of a transcriptional effector can be regulated. ..
- Li Hawkins J, Lund E, Bronson A, Russell D. Expression cloning of an oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase selective for 24-hydroxycholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16543-9 pubmed
- Shelton S, Barylko B, Binns D, Horazdovsky B, Albanesi J, Goodman J. Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains a Type II phosphoinositide 4-kinase. Biochem J. 2003;371:533-40 pubmed..Lsb6p-green fluorescent protein was found both on vacuolar membranes and on the plasma membrane, suggesting a role in endocytic or exocytic pathways. ..
- Tran V, Chen G, Newgard C, Hohmeier H. Discrete and complementary mechanisms of protection of beta-cells against cytokine-induced and oxidative damage achieved by bcl-2 overexpression and a cytokine selection strategy. Diabetes. 2003;52:1423-32 pubmed..Further investigation of the diverse pathways involved in the development of cytokine and ROS/RNS resistance may define simplified and specific strategies for preservation of beta-cell mass. ..
- Liang Z, Xie C, Chen C, Kreska D, Hsu K, Li L, et al. Pathogenic profiles and molecular signatures of antinuclear autoantibodies rescued from NZM2410 lupus mice. J Exp Med. 2004;199:381-98 pubmed..To summarize, glomerular-binding anti-dsDNA antibodies appear to be the most pathogenic variety of lupus autoantibodies. The presence of an alternating charge pattern in their HC CDR3 regions appears to be a prominent hallmark of ANAs. ..
- Nahari D, McDaniel L, Task L, Daniel R, Velasco Miguel S, Friedberg E. Mutations in the Trp53 gene of UV-irradiated Xpc mutant mice suggest a novel Xpc-dependent DNA repair process. DNA Repair (Amst). 2004;3:379-86 pubmed
- Cheng J, Russell D. Mammalian wax biosynthesis. II. Expression cloning of wax synthase cDNAs encoding a member of the acyltransferase enzyme family. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37798-807 pubmed..The data suggest that wax monoester synthesis in mammals involves a two step biosynthetic pathway catalyzed by fatty acyl-CoA reductase and wax synthase enzymes. ..
- Condon J, Hardy D, Kovaric K, Mendelson C. Up-regulation of the progesterone receptor (PR)-C isoform in laboring myometrium by activation of nuclear factor-kappaB may contribute to the onset of labor through inhibition of PR function. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:764-75 pubmed
- Shah J, Garner H, White M, Shames D, Minna J. sIR: siRNA Information Resource, a web-based tool for siRNA sequence design and analysis and an open access siRNA database. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:178 pubmed..sIR is not only a comprehensive tool used to design siRNA sequences and lookup pre-designed siRNAs, but it is also a platform where researchers can share information on siRNA design and use. ..
- Whitehurst A, Ram R, Shivakumar L, Gao B, Minna J, White M. The RASSF1A tumor suppressor restrains anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activity during the G1/S phase transition to promote cell cycle progression in human epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3190-7 pubmed publisher..Progression to tumorigenicity upon RASSF1A gene inactivation should therefore require collaborating genetic aberrations that bypass the consequences of impaired APC/C regulation at the G(1)/S phase cell cycle transition. ..
- Ramesh A, Winkler W. Magnesium-sensing riboswitches in bacteria. RNA Biol. 2010;7:77-83 pubmed..We discuss these types of regulatory RNAs herein and compare them to other classes of riboswitches that respond instead to small organic metabolites. ..
- McCauliffe D, Yang Y, Wilson J, Sontheimer R, Capra J. The 5'-flanking region of the human calreticulin gene shares homology with the human GRP78, GRP94, and protein disulfide isomerase promoters. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:2557-62 pubmed..These observations are of additional interest as all four of these genes encode acidic proteins that localize to the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Johnston P, Yu F, Reynolds G, Yin H, Moomaw C, Slaughter C, et al. Purification and expression of gCap39. An intracellular and secreted Ca2(+)-dependent actin-binding protein enriched in mononuclear phagocytes. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:17946-52 pubmed
- Osborne Lawrence S, Sinclair A, Hicks R, Lacey S, Eddy R, Byers M, et al. Complete amino acid sequence of human cartilage link protein (CRTL1) deduced from cDNA clones and chromosomal assignment of the gene. Genomics. 1990;8:562-7 pubmed..These results indicate that there has been strong evolutionary pressure against changes in the coding and 3' untranslated regions of the gene encoding cartilage link protein. ..
- Bonkobara M, Zukas P, Shikano S, Nakamura S, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. Epidermal Langerhans cell-targeted gene expression by a dectin-2 promoter. J Immunol. 2001;167:6893-900 pubmed..Our findings lay the foundation for use of the dectin-2 promoter in LC-targeted gene expression systems that may enhance vaccination efficacy and regulate immune responses. ..
- Zhang L, Ding J, Yang B, He G, Roe C. Characterization of the bidirectional promoter region between the human genes encoding VLCAD and PSD-95. Genomics. 2003;82:660-8 pubmed..Site-directed mutagenesis experiments showed that a mutated activator protein 2-binding site markedly reduced the transcriptional activity of both promoters and abolished the minimal VLCAD promoter's response to DEHP treatment. ..
- Masui T, Swift G, Hale M, Meredith D, Johnson J, Macdonald R. Transcriptional autoregulation controls pancreatic Ptf1a expression during development and adulthood. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5458-68 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the trimeric PTF1 complex forms dual autoregulatory loops with the Ptf1a and Rbpjl genes that may maintain the stable phenotype of pancreatic acinar cells. ..
- Camp L, Hofmann S. Purification and properties of a palmitoyl-protein thioesterase that cleaves palmitate from H-Ras. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22566-74 pubmed..The palmitoylated alpha subunits of the heterotrimeric G proteins are also substrates for the enzyme. ..
- Dickson L, Huang H, Liu L, Matsuura M, Lambowitz A, Perlman P. Retrotransposition of a yeast group II intron occurs by reverse splicing directly into ectopic DNA sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13207-12 pubmed..This same mechanism could account for other previously described ectopic transposition events in fungi and bacteria and may have contributed to the dispersal of group II introns into different genes. ..
- Robinson F, Whitehurst A, Raman M, Cobb M. Identification of novel point mutations in ERK2 that selectively disrupt binding to MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14844-52 pubmed..These data suggest an essential role for the MAP kinase insert and residues within or just preceding alpha-helix G in the interaction of ERK2 with MEK1/2. ..
- Pierce D, Jordan E, Breen G. Structural organization of a nuclear gene for the alpha-subunit of the bovine mitochondrial ATP synthase complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:265-75 pubmed..These include Mt1, Mt3, Mt4, a respiratory enhancer, and NRF-2 sites. Tissue-specific differences in the ATPA1 mRNA levels were observed with high levels found in skeletal muscle and heart, and lower levels in other tissues. ..
- Henderson S, Xu Y, Chien K. Nucleotide sequence of full length cDNAs encoding rat cardiac myosin light chain-2. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:4722 pubmed
- Bardwell L, Bardwell A, Feaver W, Svejstrup J, Kornberg R, Friedberg E. Yeast RAD3 protein binds directly to both SSL2 and SSL1 proteins: implications for the structure and function of transcription/repair factor b. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:3926-30 pubmed..We present genetic evidence suggesting that the DNA-repair function of SSL2 protein is not dependent on its essential function. ..
- Spencer E, Jiang J, Chen Z. Signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha by the F-box protein Slimb/beta-TrCP. Genes Dev. 1999;13:284-94 pubmed..These biochemical and genetic data strongly suggest that Slimb/beta-TrCP is the specificity determinant for the signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha. ..
- Xu K, Chong D, Rankin S, Zorn A, Cleaver O. Rasip1 is required for endothelial cell motility, angiogenesis and vessel formation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:269-79 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify Rasip1 as a novel endothelial factor that plays an essential role in vascular development. ..
- Fee B, Dempsey W. Nucleotide sequence of gene X of antibiotic resistance plasmid R100. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:4726 pubmed
- Chelstowska A, Liu Z, Jia Y, Amberg D, Butow R. Signalling between mitochondria and the nucleus regulates the expression of a new D-lactate dehydrogenase activity in yeast. Yeast. 1999;15:1377-91 pubmed..Our data thus provide gene assignments for two previously unrecognized D-lactate dehydrogenase activities in yeast. ..
- White P, Speiser P. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency. Endocr Rev. 2000;21:245-91 pubmed..Glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid replacement are the mainstays of treatment, but more rational dosing and additional therapies are being developed. ..
- Yang B, Mallory J, Roe D, Brivet M, Strobel G, Jones K, et al. Carnitine/acylcarnitine translocase deficiency (neonatal phenotype): successful prenatal and postmortem diagnosis associated with a novel mutation in a single family. Mol Genet Metab. 2001;73:64-70 pubmed..The proband and her affected sibling were homozygous for this deletion. ..
- Czubryt M, McAnally J, Fishman G, Olson E. Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 alpha (PGC-1 alpha ) and mitochondrial function by MEF2 and HDAC5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1711-6 pubmed..These findings identify PGC-1 alpha as a key target of the MEF2/HDAC regulatory pathway and demonstrate this pathway's importance in maintenance of cardiac mitochondrial function. ..
- Yang M, Wang B, Weissler J, Margraf L, Yang Y. BR22, a 26 kDa thyroid transcription factor-1 associated protein (TAP26), is expressed in human lung cells. Eur Respir J. 2003;22:28-34 pubmed
- Radyuk S, Rebrin I, Luchak J, Michalak K, Klichko V, Sohal R, et al. The catalytic subunit of Drosophila glutamate-cysteine ligase is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2266-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, results indicated that GSH biosynthesis in the nucleus is associated with migration of only the GCLc subunit from the cytoplasm into the nucleus, and this migration requires the presence of an intact NLS. ..
- Ahlgren R, Yanase T, Simpson E, Winter J, Waterman M. Compound heterozygous mutations (Arg 239----stop, Pro 342----Thr) in the CYP17 (P45017 alpha) gene lead to ambiguous external genitalia in a male patient with partial combined 17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992;74:667-72 pubmed..The presence of ambiguous external genitalia in this 46 XY individual indicates that greater than 20% of the total normal 17,20-lyase activity is required for complete virilization in the male. ..
- Frykman P, Brown M, Yamamoto T, Goldstein J, Herz J. Normal plasma lipoproteins and fertility in gene-targeted mice homozygous for a disruption in the gene encoding very low density lipoprotein receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8453-7 pubmed..We conclude that the VLDL receptor is not required for VLDL clearance from plasma or for ovulation in mice. ..
- Willnow T, Moehring J, Inocencio N, Moehring T, Herz J. The low-density-lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) is processed by furin in vivo and in vitro. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 1):71-6 pubmed..These data suggest that proteolytic processing of LRP by furin is not necessary for intracellular trafficking but might be required for normal receptor activity. ..
- Sekido Y, Bader S, Latif F, Chen J, Duh F, Wei M, et al. Human semaphorins A(V) and IV reside in the 3p21.3 small cell lung cancer deletion region and demonstrate distinct expression patterns. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:4120-5 pubmed..Our data suggest the need to determine the function of human semaphorins A(V) and IV in nonneural tissues and their role in the pathogenesis of lung cancer. ..
- Frey N, Richardson J, Olson E. Calsarcins, a novel family of sarcomeric calcineurin-binding proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:14632-7 pubmed..Calsarcins represent a novel family of sarcomeric proteins that link calcineurin with the contractile apparatus, thereby potentially coupling muscle activity to calcineurin activation. ..
- Chen D, McKearin D. Dpp signaling silences bam transcription directly to establish asymmetric divisions of germline stem cells. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1786-91 pubmed..These studies provide a simple mechanistic explanation for how stromal cell signals regulate both the self-renewal and asymmetric fates of the products of stem cell division. ..
- Yang M, Weissler J, Terada L, Deng F, Yang Y. Pleiomorphic adenoma gene-like-2, a zinc finger protein, transactivates the surfactant protein-C promoter. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:35-43 pubmed..The expression of PLAGL2 in isolated human embryonic lung type II cells and its transactivation activity on the SP-C promoter suggest that PLAGL2 may modulate SP-C expression during lung development. ..
- Havelock J, Smith A, Seely J, Dooley C, Rodgers R, Rainey W, et al. The NGFI-B family of transcription factors regulates expression of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in the human ovary. Mol Hum Reprod. 2005;11:79-85 pubmed..Therefore, our data suggest that the NGFI-B may play a significant role in up-regulation of HSD3B2 that leads to the increase in progesterone production that is seen in granulosa cells at ovulation. ..
- Subauste M, Sansom O, Porecha N, Raich N, Du L, Maher J. Fem1b, a proapoptotic protein, mediates proteasome inhibitor-induced apoptosis of human colon cancer cells. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:105-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Fem1b could represent a novel molecular target to overcome apoptosis resistance in therapy of colon cancer. ..
- Buchanan C, Ling M. Isolation and sequence analysis of dacB, which encodes a sporulation-specific penicillin-binding protein in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1717-25 pubmed..Analysis of PBP 5* production by various spo mutants also suggested that dacB expression is on a sigma E-dependent pathway. ..
- Bhasker C, Adler B, Dee A, John M, Kagimoto M, Zuber M, et al. Structural characterization of the bovine CYP17 (17 alpha-hydroxylase) gene. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;271:479-87 pubmed..Whether the consensus CREB/ATF sequence is associated with the cAMP-mediated transcription of the CYP17 gene remains to be elucidated. ..
- Staab J, Ginkel D, Rosenberg G, Munford R. A saposin-like domain influences the intracellular localization, stability, and catalytic activity of human acyloxyacyl hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23736-42 pubmed..Proper orientation of the two subunits thus seems very important for the substrate specificity of this unusual enzyme. ..
- Watanabe F, Sakai A, Furuya E, Uyeda K. Molecular cloning and tissue specific expression of fructose 6-phosphate,2-kinase:fructose 2,6-bisphosphatase of rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:335-40 pubmed..The results of Northern blotting and polymerase chain reaction demonstrated that the mRNA, 7.4 kilobases long, was expressed also in heart, testis, liver, and skeletal muscle. ..
- Kienker L, Ghosh M, Tucker P. Regulatory elements in the promoter of a murine TCRD V gene segment. J Immunol. 1998;161:791-804 pubmed..Further, the possibility remains that the GATA and E box sites function in enhancer independent DV101S1 germline transcription. ..
- Virmani A, Rathi A, Sugio K, Sathyanarayana U, Toyooka S, Kischel F, et al. Aberrant methylation of TMS1 in small cell, non small cell lung cancer and breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:198-204 pubmed..Our results suggest that methylation of TMS1 may play a role in the pathogenesis of small cell and non small lung and breast cancers. ..
- Battiste J, Helms A, Kim E, Savage T, Lagace D, Mandyam C, et al. Ascl1 defines sequentially generated lineage-restricted neuronal and oligodendrocyte precursor cells in the spinal cord. Development. 2007;134:285-93 pubmed..Furthermore, Ascl1-null cells in the spinal cord have a diminished capacity to undergo neuronal differentiation, with a subset of these cells retaining characteristics of immature glial cells. ..
- Johnson K, Gray D, Morris P, Sutherland J. A.U and G.C base pairs in synthetic RNAS have characteristic vacuum UV CD bands. Biopolymers. 1990;29:325-33 pubmed..U)-containing polymers had positive bands at about 177 and 201 nm. Thus, the difference-CD spectra revealed CD bands characteristic of A.U and G.C base pairing. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Perin M, Fried V, Mignery G, Jahn R, Sudhof T. Phospholipid binding by a synaptic vesicle protein homologous to the regulatory region of protein kinase C. Nature. 1990;345:260-3 pubmed..The structure and properties of p65 suggest that it may have a role in mediating membrane interactions during synaptic vesicle exocytosis. ..
- Esser V, Russell D. Transport-deficient mutations in the low density lipoprotein receptor. Alterations in the cysteine-rich and cysteine-poor regions of the protein block intracellular transport. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13276-81 pubmed..The results suggest that free cysteines are not obligatory for the blocked intracellular movement of mutant LDL receptors. ..
- McPhaul M, Noble J, Simpson E, Mendelson C, Wilson J. The expression of a functional cDNA encoding the chicken cytochrome P-450arom (aromatase) that catalyzes the formation of estrogen from androgen. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:16358-63 pubmed..These findings establish that the cDNA clone encodes chicken ovarian aromatase and demonstrate that this protein can catalyze the three successive oxidation reactions necessary to form estrogen from androgen. ..
- Jones E, Xiao H, Schultz R, Flaherty L, Trachtulec Z, Vincek V, et al. MHC class I gene organization in > 1.5-Mb YAC contigs from the H2-M region. Genomics. 1995;27:40-51 pubmed
- Sato K, Yang X, Yudate T, Chung J, Wu J, Luby Phelps K, et al. Dectin-2 is a pattern recognition receptor for fungi that couples with the Fc receptor gamma chain to induce innate immune responses. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38854-66 pubmed..We conclude that dectin-2 is a PRR for fungi that employs signaling through FcRgamma to induce innate immune responses. ..
- Infante R, Radhakrishnan A, Abi Mosleh L, Kinch L, Wang M, Grishin N, et al. Purified NPC1 protein: II. Localization of sterol binding to a 240-amino acid soluble luminal loop. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1064-75 pubmed..Thus, the sterol binding site on luminal loop-1 is not essential for NPC1 function in fibroblasts, but it may function in other cells where NPC1 deficiency produces more complicated lipid abnormalities. ..