Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Publications835 found, 100 shown here
- Yang G, Truong L, Timme T, Ren C, Wheeler T, Park S, et al. Elevated expression of caveolin is associated with prostate and breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 1998;4:1873-80 pubmed..Caveolin therefore appears to be associated with human prostate cancer progression and is also present in primary and metastatic human breast cancer. ..
- Lukomski S, Nakashima K, Abdi I, Cipriano V, Ireland R, Reid S, et al. Identification and characterization of the scl gene encoding a group A Streptococcus extracellular protein virulence factor with similarity to human collagen. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6542-53 pubmed..These studies identify a new extracellular GAS virulence factor that is widely distributed in the species and participates in adherence to host cells and soft tissue pathology...
- Mukhopadhyay A, Suttles J, Stout R, Aggarwal B. Genetic deletion of the tumor necrosis factor receptor p60 or p80 abrogates ligand-mediated activation of nuclear factor-kappa B and of mitogen-activated protein kinases in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31906-12 pubmed..Overall, our studies suggest that both types of TNF receptors are needed in macrophages for optimum TNF cell signaling. ..
- Finnell R, Shaw G, Lammer E, Volcik K. Does prenatal screening for 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) mutations in high-risk neural tube defect pregnancies make sense?. Genet Test. 2002;6:47-52 pubmed
- Murphy W, Nedden Dz D, Gostner P, Knapp R, Recheis W, Seidler H. The iceman: discovery and imaging. Radiology. 2003;226:614-29 pubmed..An arrowhead lodged between the rib cage and the left scapula was the probable cause of the iceman's death. Study of the images also provided insight regarding postmortem processes that led to the iceman's mummification. ..
- Kibler K, Nguyen T, Svetz J, Van Driessche N, Ibarra M, Thompson C, et al. A novel developmental mechanism in Dictyostelium revealed in a screen for communication mutants. Dev Biol. 2003;259:193-208 pubmed..comD has a cell-autonomous role in the specialization of a novel prespore cell type, whereas comB has a cell-autonomous role in prestalk A cell differentiation. ..
- Lu H, She W, Plas D, Neumann P, Janz R, Crair M. Adenylyl cyclase I regulates AMPA receptor trafficking during mouse cortical 'barrel' map development. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:939-47 pubmed..These results suggest that activity-dependent mechanisms operate through an AC1/PKA signaling pathway to target some synapses for consolidation and others for elimination during barrel map formation. ..
- Akli S, Zheng P, Multani A, Wingate H, Pathak S, Zhang N, et al. Tumor-specific low molecular weight forms of cyclin E induce genomic instability and resistance to p21, p27, and antiestrogens in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3198-208 pubmed
- Jiang X, Yang F, Tan H, Liao D, Bryan R, Randhawa J, et al. Hyperhomocystinemia impairs endothelial function and eNOS activity via PKC activation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:2515-21 pubmed..These data suggest that HHcy impairs endothelial function and eNOS activity, primarily through PKC activation. ..
- Wang G, Shi X, Salisbury E, Sun Y, Albrecht J, Smith R, et al. Cyclin D3 maintains growth-inhibitory activity of C/EBPalpha by stabilizing C/EBPalpha-cdk2 and C/EBPalpha-Brm complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2570-82 pubmed..The inhibition of cyclin D3 blocks the formation of these complexes. Thus, these studies provide a new function of cyclin D3, which is to support the growth-inhibitory activity of C/EBPalpha. ..
- Aravindan N, Natarajan M, Shaw A. Fenoldopam inhibits nuclear translocation of nuclear factor kappa B in a rat model of surgical ischemic acute renal failure. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2006;20:179-86 pubmed..Data from this rat model of renal I/R suggest that the mechanism by which fenoldopam attenuates I/R-induced inflammation appears to involve inhibition of NF-kappaB translocation and signal transduction. ..
- Hamaratoglu F, Gajewski K, Sansores Garcia L, Morrison C, Tao C, Halder G. The Hippo tumor-suppressor pathway regulates apical-domain size in parallel to tissue growth. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2351-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Hippo signaling regulates cell polarity complexes in addition to and independently of its growth control function in imaginal disc cells. ..
- Courtney A, Thapa P, Singh S, Wishahy A, Zhou D, Sastry J. Intranasal but not intravenous delivery of the adjuvant ?-galactosylceramide permits repeated stimulation of natural killer T cells in the lung. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:3312-22 pubmed publisher..These results support a mucosal route of delivery for the utility of ?-GalCer as an adjuvant for vaccines, which often requires repeated dosing to achieve durable protective immunity. ..
- Chen M, Felix K, Wang J. Immune regulation through mitochondrion-dependent dendritic cell death induced by T regulatory cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:5684-92 pubmed publisher..Bax- and Bak-dependent cell death mechanisms help to maintain DC homeostasis and contribute to the regulation of T cell activation and the suppression of autoimmunity. ..
- Lin L, Pang W, Chen K, Wang F, Gengler J, Sun Y, et al. Adipocyte expression of PU.1 transcription factor causes insulin resistance through upregulation of inflammatory cytokine gene expression and ROS production. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;302:E1550-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PU.1 might be a mediator for obesity-induced adipose inflammation and insulin resistance. ..
- Luo J, Stewart R, Berdeaux R, Hu H. Tonic inhibition of TRPV3 by Mg2+ in mouse epidermal keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2158-65 pubmed publisher..Mg(2+) deficiency may promote the function of TRPV3 and contribute to the pathogenesis of skin diseases. ..
- Han S, Hawkins S, Begum K, Jung S, Kovanci E, Qin J, et al. A new isoform of steroid receptor coactivator-1 is crucial for pathogenic progression of endometriosis. Nat Med. 2012;18:1102-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the newly identified TNF-?-MMP9-SRC-1 isoform functional axis promotes pathogenic progression of endometriosis. ..
- Song S, Ji B, Ramachandran V, Wang H, Hafley M, Logsdon C, et al. Overexpressed galectin-3 in pancreatic cancer induces cell proliferation and invasion by binding Ras and activating Ras signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42699 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Gal-3 contributes to pancreatic cancer progression, in part, by binding Ras and activating Ras signaling. Gal-3 may therefore be a potential novel target for this deadly disease. ..
- Jung H, Wang X, Jun S, Park J. Dyrk2-associated EDD-DDB1-VprBP E3 ligase inhibits telomerase by TERT degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7252-62 pubmed publisher..Similarly, a Dyrk2 nonsense mutation identified in breast cancer compromises ubiquitination-mediated TERT protein degradation. Our findings suggest the novel molecular mechanism of kinase-associated telomerase regulation. ..
- Xu D, Song R, Wang G, Jeyabal P, Weiskoff A, Ding K, et al. Obg-like ATPase 1 regulates global protein serine/threonine phosphorylation in cancer cells by suppressing the GSK3Î²-inhibitor 2-PP1 positive feedback loop. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3427-39 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence for the existence of a GSK3Î²-I-2-PP1 positive feedback loop in human cancer cells, and identifies OLA1 as an endogenous suppressor of this signaling motif. ..
- Casadei L, Calore F, Creighton C, Guescini M, Batte K, Iwenofu O, et al. Exosome-Derived miR-25-3p and miR-92a-3p Stimulate Liposarcoma Progression. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3846-3856 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(14); 3846-56. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Matzuk M, Kumar T, Vassalli A, Bickenbach J, Roop D, Jaenisch R, et al. Functional analysis of activins during mammalian development. Nature. 1995;374:354-6 pubmed..In contrast to observations in lower vertebrates, zygotic expression of activins is not essential for mesoderm formation in mice. ..
- Kong L, Gelbard A, Wei J, Reina Ortiz C, Wang Y, Yang E, et al. Inhibition of p-STAT3 enhances IFN-alpha efficacy against metastatic melanoma in a murine model. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2550-61 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that WP1193, a novel inhibitor of STAT3 signaling, would enhance the antitumor activity of IFN-alpha against metastatic melanoma...
- Bawa Khalfe T, Cheng J, Lin S, Ittmann M, Yeh E. SENP1 induces prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia through multiple mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25859-66 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that deSUMOylation plays a critical role in prostate pathogenesis through induction of HIF1alpha-dependent angiogenesis and enhanced cell proliferation. ..
- Shen X, Orson F, Kosten T. Vaccines against drug abuse. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2012;91:60-70 pubmed publisher..We also outline the challenges and ethical concerns associated with the development of anti-addiction vaccines and their use as future therapeutics. ..
- Meehan T, Conte N, West D, Jacobsen J, Mason J, Warren J, et al. Disease model discovery from 3,328 gene knockouts by The International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1231-1238 pubmed publisher..Finally, we describe our role in variant functional validation with The 100,000 Genomes Project and others. ..
- Buckley B, Silva S, Singh S. Nucleotide sequence and in vitro expression of the capsid protein gene of tobacco ringspot virus. Virus Res. 1993;30:335-49 pubmed..These and other results from computer analyses of the nucleic acid and amino acid sequences, and comparisons with the capsid proteins of nepoviruses and other related viruses are discussed...
- Tao Y, Edwards R, Tubb B, Wang S, Bryan J, McCrea P. beta-Catenin associates with the actin-bundling protein fascin in a noncadherin complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1271-81 pubmed..It is conceivable that beta-catenin participates in modulating cytoskeletal dynamics in association with the microfilament-bundling protein fascin, perhaps in a coordinate manner with its functions in cadherin and APC complexes. ..
- Ren Y, Li R, Zheng Y, Busch H. Cloning and characterization of GEF-H1, a microtubule-associated guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac and Rho GTPases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:34954-60 pubmed..These results suggest that GEF-H1 may have a direct role in activation of Rac and/or Rho and in bringing the activated GTPase to specific target sites such as microtubules. ..
- Fornage M, Hinojos C, Nurowska B, Boerwinkle E, Hammock B, Morisseau C, et al. Polymorphism in soluble epoxide hydrolase and blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertension. 2002;40:485-90 pubmed..These data indicate that sequence variation determining functional alterations in EPHX2 is not likely to contribute to blood pressure levels in SHR. ..
- Tran N, Frost J. Phosphorylation of Raf-1 by p21-activated kinase 1 and Src regulates Raf-1 autoinhibition. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11221-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the autoinhibitory domain of Raf-1 is functional in mammalian cells and that its interaction with the Raf-1 catalytic domain is regulated by phosphorylation of serine 338 and tyrosines 340 and 341. ..
- Song X, Li D, Farley W, Luo L, Heuckeroth R, Milbrandt J, et al. Neurturin-deficient mice develop dry eye and keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4223-9 pubmed..Neurturin-deficient (NRTN(-/-)) mice have defective parasympathetic innervation of their lacrimal glands. This study was conducted to evaluate tear function and ocular surface phenotype in NRTN(-/-) mice...
- Rabinovsky E. The multifunctional role of IGF-1 in peripheral nerve regeneration. Neurol Res. 2004;26:204-10 pubmed..This review will outline the pathways by which IGF-1 affects multiple layers of the regenerative response and how these pathways converge to promote the regeneration of nerves. ..
- Langley R, Fan D, Tsan R, Rebhun R, He J, Kim S, et al. Activation of the platelet-derived growth factor-receptor enhances survival of murine bone endothelial cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3727-30 pubmed..The therapeutic combination of STI571 and Taxol may be a powerful tool for targeting tumor-associated endothelial cells in the skeletal compartment. ..
- Newaz M, Blanton A, Fidelis P, Oyekan A. NAD(P)H oxidase/nitric oxide interactions in peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR)alpha-mediated cardiovascular effects. Mutat Res. 2005;579:163-71 pubmed..Thus, apart from inhibition of ET-1 production, PPARalpha activation exerts protective actions in hypertension via a mechanism that involves NO production and/or inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase activity...
- Borders C, Courtney A, Ronen K, Pilar Laborde Lahoz M, Guidry T, Hwang S, et al. Requisite role for complement C5 and the C5a receptor in granulomatous response to mycobacterial glycolipid trehalose 6,6'-dimycolate. Scand J Immunol. 2005;62:123-30 pubmed..D2-H2d H2-T18c Hco/oSnJ) mice revealed similar results, leading to the conclusion that C5 plays a significant role in mediation of chemotactic and activation events that are the basis for maturation of granulomatous responses to TDM. ..
- Kuspa A. Restriction enzyme-mediated integration (REMI) mutagenesis. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;346:201-9 pubmed..Over the past 15 yr, REMI has been used to identify hundreds of interesting genes based on their mutant phenotypes. ..
- Suh J, Yu C, Tang K, Tanaka T, Kodama T, Tsai M, et al. The expression profiles of nuclear receptors in the developing and adult kidney. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:3412-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that these nuclear receptors are likely to play important physiological roles in the kidney development. ..
- Lee J, Kim D, Lee S, Yang Q, Lee D, Lee S, et al. A tumor suppressive coactivator complex of p53 containing ASC-2 and histone H3-lysine-4 methyltransferase MLL3 or its paralogue MLL4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8513-8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this study identifies a specific H3K4 methytransferase complex, ASCOM, as a physiologically relevant coactivator for p53 and implicates ASCOM in the p53 tumor suppression pathway in vivo. ..
- Liu S, Murph M, Panupinthu N, Mills G. ATX-LPA receptor axis in inflammation and cancer. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3695-701 pubmed
- Chamilos G, Bignell E, Schrettl M, Lewis R, Leventakos K, May G, et al. Exploring the concordance of Aspergillus fumigatus pathogenicity in mice and Toll-deficient flies. Med Mycol. 2010;48:506-10 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies reveal a high level of concordance between fly and murine models of invasive aspergillosis. ..
- Gao S, Wu H, Wang F, Wang Z. Altered differentiation and proliferation of prostate epithelium in mice lacking the androgen receptor cofactor p44/WDR77. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3941-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest that the AR cofactor p44/WDR77 plays important roles in prostate growth and differentiation by modulating AR-target gene expression. ..
- Estecio M, Gallegos J, Dekmezian M, Lu Y, Liang S, Issa J. SINE retrotransposons cause epigenetic reprogramming of adjacent gene promoters. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:1332-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, our work supports the concept that SINE repeats interfere negatively with gene expression and that their presence near gene promoters is counter-selected, except when the promoter is protected by an insulator element. ..
- Kochukov M, Balasubramanian A, Noel R, Marrelli S. Role of TRPC1 and TRPC3 channels in contraction and relaxation of mouse thoracic aorta. J Vasc Res. 2013;50:11-20 pubmed publisher..Both TRPC1 and TRPC3 participate in EC Ca(2+) influx and vasorelaxation of aorta. ..
- Mohamed J, Hajira A, Pardo P, Boriek A. MicroRNA-149 inhibits PARP-2 and promotes mitochondrial biogenesis via SIRT-1/PGC-1? network in skeletal muscle. Diabetes. 2014;63:1546-59 pubmed publisher..Overall, miR-149 may be therapeutically useful for treating HFD-induced skeletal muscle metabolic disorders in such pathophysiological conditions as obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Fang B. RAS signaling and anti-RAS therapy: lessons learned from genetically engineered mouse models, human cancer cells, and patient-related studies. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:27-38 pubmed publisher..Effective subclassifications of RAS mutant cancers may be necessary to improve patients' outcomes through personalized precision medicine. ..
- Goo Y, Son S, Yechoor V, Paul A. Transcriptional Profiling of Foam Cells Reveals Induction of Guanylate-Binding Proteins Following Western Diet Acceleration of Atherosclerosis in the Absence of Global Changes in Inflammation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002663 pubmed publisher..However, induction of GBPs uncovers a novel family of immune modulators with a potential role in atherogenesis. ..
- Chen S, Chen H, Zhou J, Pradhan G, Sun Y, Pan H, et al. Ghrelin receptors mediate ghrelin-induced excitation of agouti-related protein/neuropeptide Y but not pro-opiomelanocortin neurons. J Neurochem. 2017;142:512-520 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide unequivocal evidence that Ghsr is essential for ghrelin-induced excitation of AgRP/NPY neurons. However, ghrelin excites POMC neurons through an unidentified mechanism that is distinct from conventional Ghsr. ..
- Zhang N, Huang H, Tan B, Wei Y, Xiong Q, Yan Y, et al. Leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor 4 facilitates vesicular stomatitis virus infection by binding vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16527-16538 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the identification of Lgr4 as a VSV-specific host factor provides important insights into understanding VSV entry and its pathogenesis and lays the foundation for VSV-based gene therapy and viral oncolytic therapeutics. ..
- Adams V, Griffin L, Gelb B, McCabe E. Protein kinase activity of rat brain hexokinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:1101-6 pubmed..Analysis of the ATP-binding domains of the mammalian HK1 protein sequences shows significant homology with other mammalian protein kinases. ..
- Schulze K, Broadie K, Perin M, Bellen H. Genetic and electrophysiological studies of Drosophila syntaxin-1A demonstrate its role in nonneuronal secretion and neurotransmission. Cell. 1995;80:311-20 pubmed..These data demonstrate that syntaxin plays a key role in nonneuronal secretion and is absolutely required for evoked neurotransmission. ..
- Boelen M, Boelen M, Marshak D. Light-stimulated release of dopamine from the primate retina is blocked by 1-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid (APB). Vis Neurosci. 1998;15:97-103 pubmed..The results suggest that ON bipolar cells provide the excitatory drive to dopaminergic amacrine cells in primates, as in other species. ..
- Huang M, Zhou Z, Elledge S. The DNA replication and damage checkpoint pathways induce transcription by inhibition of the Crt1 repressor. Cell. 1998;94:595-605 pubmed..The inhibition of an autoregulatory repressor in response to DNA damage is a strategy conserved throughout prokaryotic and eukaryotic evolution. ..
- Holcomb J, McClain J, Pusateri A, Beall D, Macaitis J, Harris R, et al. Fibrin sealant foam sprayed directly on liver injuries decreases blood loss in resuscitated rats. J Trauma. 2000;49:246-50 pubmed..This pilot study suggests a future possible treatment for noncompressible truncal hemorrhage. ..
- Zheng H, Xu H, Uljon S, Gross R, Hardy K, Gaynor J, et al. Modulation of A(beta) peptides by estrogen in mouse models. J Neurochem. 2002;80:191-6 pubmed..These results provide evidence that post-menopausal estrogen depletion may be linked to an increased risk of AD through A(beta) modulation. ..
- Dasgupta A, Wahed A, Culton L, Olsen M, Wells A, Actor J. Activated charcoal is more effective than equilibrium dialysis in removing Chinese medicines Chan Su and Dan Shen from serum and activated charcoal also prevents further absorption of these agents from G.I. tract in mice: monitoring the effect in cli. Clin Chim Acta. 2002;324:51-9 pubmed..Activated charcoal is effective in preventing absorption of these Chinese medicines from the G.I. tract and can also remove these agents from the serum. ..
- Cho K. Wolbachia bacteria, the cause for false vesicular staining pattern in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:167-70 pubmed..Thus, combinatorial use of contaminated antisera and Wolbachia-infected flies can result in serious misinterpretations, which can be avoided by curing laboratory strains of Wolbachia. ..
- Davis D, Takamori R, Raut C, Xiong H, Herbst R, Stadler W, et al. Pharmacodynamic analysis of target inhibition and endothelial cell death in tumors treated with the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor antagonists SU5416 or SU6668. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:678-89 pubmed..SU5416 and SU6668 displayed biological activity in xenografts. However, neither drug produced marked biological activity in primary patient tumors. ..
- Latha K, Zhang W, Cella N, Shi H, Zhang M. Maspin mediates increased tumor cell apoptosis upon induction of the mitochondrial permeability transition. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1737-48 pubmed..Our data indicate that maspin inhibits tumor progression through the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. These findings will be useful for maspin-based therapeutic interventions against breast cancer. ..
- Fallon J, Halling D, Hamilton S, Quiocho F. Structure of calmodulin bound to the hydrophobic IQ domain of the cardiac Ca(v)1.2 calcium channel. Structure. 2005;13:1881-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that this structure could represent the conformation that calmodulin assumes in CDF. ..
- Ahn J, Dubern B, Lubrano Berthelier C, Clement K, Karsenty G. Cart overexpression is the only identifiable cause of high bone mass in melanocortin 4 receptor deficiency. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3196-202 pubmed..As importantly, they also indicate that CART regulates bone resorption independently of the role it may exert in energy metabolism, suggesting that the neural control of appetite and bone remodeling are independent of each other. ..
- Nair R, Solway J, Boyd D. Expression cloning identifies transgelin (SM22) as a novel repressor of 92-kDa type IV collagenase (MMP-9) expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26424-36 pubmed..Diminished transgelin expression in several cancers may thus partly account for the elevated MMP-9 expression evident in these tumors. ..
- Medina D. Premalignant and malignant mammary lesions induced by MMTV and chemical carcinogens. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2008;13:271-7 pubmed publisher..Newer transgenic mouse models provide a renewed opportunity to engage in the study of the mechanisms and processes underlying mammary metastasis. ..
- Bitner B, Brink D, Mathew L, Pautler R, Robertson C. Impact of arginase II on CBF in experimental cortical impact injury in mice using MRI. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1105-9 pubmed publisher..0015) and in various other brain regions. In conclusion, arginase II deficiency leads to a better CBF recovery after TBI and implicates arginase II in hemodynamic processes. ..
- Gabbay K, Bohren K, Morello R, Bertin T, Liu J, Vogel P. Ascorbate synthesis pathway: dual role of ascorbate in bone homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19510-20 pubmed publisher..Although humans have lost the ability to synthesize ASC, our mouse models suggest the mechanisms by which suboptimal ASC availability facilitates the development of osteoporosis, which has important implications for human osteoporosis. ..
- Zhang J, Chang J, Huang Y, Lin X, Luo Y, Schwartz R, et al. The FGF-BMP signaling axis regulates outflow tract valve primordium formation by promoting cushion neural crest cell differentiation. Circ Res. 2010;107:1209-19 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a novel mechanism by which the FGF-BMP signaling axis regulates formation of OFT valve primordia by controlling smooth muscle differentiation of cushion NCCs. ..
- Li D, Alvarez P. Avoidance, weight loss, and cocoon production assessment for Eisenia fetida exposed to C₆₀ in soil. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2011;30:2542-5 pubmed publisher..Whether sublethal toxicity may decrease earthworm populations that are chronically exposed to C₆₀ at lower concentrations remains to be determined. ..
- Schellingerhout D, Leroux L, Hobbs B, Bredow S. Impairment of retrograde neuronal transport in oxaliplatin-induced neuropathy demonstrated by molecular imaging. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45776 pubmed publisher..Impaired retrograde neural transport is suggested to be an important part of the pathophysiology of oxaliplatin-induced neuropathy. ..
- Suzuki M, Bertin T, Rogers G, Cela R, Zolotukhin I, Palmer D, et al. Differential type I interferon-dependent transgene silencing of helper-dependent adenoviral vs. adeno-associated viral vectors in vivo. Mol Ther. 2013;21:796-805 pubmed publisher..These results show that the type I IFN signaling dependent transgene silencing differs between AAV and HDAd vectors after liver-directed gene transfer. ..
- Scherfer C, Han V, Wang Y, Anderson A, Galko M. Autophagy drives epidermal deterioration in a Drosophila model of tissue aging. Aging (Albany NY). 2013;5:276-87 pubmed..Because the aging readout we introduce here has an early onset and is easily visualized, genetic dissection using our model should identify other novel mechanisms by which lifespan genes feed into tissue-specific aging. ..
- Bechsgaard J, Vanthournout B, Funch P, Vestbo S, Gibbs R, Richards S, et al. Comparative genomic study of arachnid immune systems indicates loss of beta-1,3-glucanase-related proteins and the immune deficiency pathway. J Evol Biol. 2016;29:277-91 pubmed publisher..The gel-forming protein in horseshoe crabs, coagulogen, was not recovered in any of the arachnid genomes; however, it is possible that the arachnid clot consists of a related protein, spätzle, that is present in all of the genomes. ..
- Riaz Ahmed K, Kanduluru A, Feng L, Fuchs P, Huang P. Antitumor agent 25-epi Ritterostatin GN1N induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagy mediated cell death in melanoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1482-1490 pubmed publisher..Thus, 25-epi Ritterostatin GN1N is a promising anticancer agent that warrants further investigation. ..
- Zhou S, Liu F, Zhang A, Liang H, Wang Y, Ma R, et al. MicroRNA-199b-5p attenuates TGF-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:233-244 pubmed publisher..Also, a positive regulatory loop exists between N-cadherin and Akt signalling represents a novel mechanism of TGF-?1-mediated EMT in HCC cells. ..
- Gregg A, Lee C, Herman G, O Brien W. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (Nos3) maps to the proximal region of mouse chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:152 pubmed
- Toh Y, Pencil S, Nicolson G. A novel candidate metastasis-associated gene, mta1, differentially expressed in highly metastatic mammary adenocarcinoma cell lines. cDNA cloning, expression, and protein analyses. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:22958-63 pubmed..Thus, the novel gene mta1 may encode a molecule that is functional in normal cells as well as in breast cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Geoffroy V, Ducy P, Karsenty G. A PEBP2 alpha/AML-1-related factor increases osteocalcin promoter activity through its binding to an osteoblast-specific cis-acting element. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30973-9 pubmed
- Lengye E, Singh B, Gum R, Nerlov C, Sabichi A, Birrer M, et al. Regulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression by the v-mos oncogene. Oncogene. 1995;11:2639-48 pubmed..In conclusion, the data herein indicate that urokinase expression is regulated by v-mos through a MAPKK-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Hansen G, Tackles D, Schwartz C, Justice M. A mouse chromosome 19 genetic map including the Lvis1 viral insertion site. Genomics. 1999;56:228-31 pubmed..In addition, our study refines the gene order for distal mouse chromosome 19 and expands the comparative map between mouse chromosome 19 and the human chromosome 10q23-q26 homology region. ..
- Richards J. New signaling pathways for hormones and cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate action in endocrine cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:209-18 pubmed..Thus, FSH and TSH activation of PKB and Sgk may occur via this alternative cAMP pathway that involves cAMP-GEFs and the activation of the PI3-K/PDK1 pathway. ..
- Bressler J, Tsai T, Wu M, Tsai S, Ramirez M, Armstrong D, et al. The SNRPN promoter is not required for genomic imprinting of the Prader-Willi/Angelman domain in mice. Nat Genet. 2001;28:232-40 pubmed..In contrast, a larger, overlapping 4.8-kb deletion caused a partial or mosaic imprinting defect and perinatal lethality when paternally inherited. ..
- Zhang W, Kone B. NF-kappaB inhibits transcription of the H(+)-K(+)-ATPase alpha(2)-subunit gene: role of histone deacetylases. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F904-11 pubmed..These results suggest that HDAC6, recruited to the DNA protein complex, acts with NF-kappaB to suppress HKalpha(2) transcription and identify NF-kappaB p50 and p65 as novel binding partners for HDAC6. ..
- Wei D, Le X, Zheng L, Wang L, Frey J, Gao A, et al. Stat3 activation regulates the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and human pancreatic cancer angiogenesis and metastasis. Oncogene. 2003;22:319-29 pubmed..These results indicate that Stat3 directly regulates VEGF expression and hence angiogenesis, growth, and metastasis of human pancreatic cancer, suggesting that Stat3 signaling may be targeted for treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Schulz R, Yutzey K. Calcineurin signaling and NFAT activation in cardiovascular and skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol. 2004;266:1-16 pubmed
- Rysz M, Alvarez P. Amplification and attenuation of tetracycline resistance in soil bacteria: aquifer column experiments. Water Res. 2004;38:3705-12 pubmed..Thus, discontinuing TC exposure or curtailing its use should enhance natural attenuation mechanisms that mitigate the spread of resistance vectors. ..
- Plas D, Visel A, Gonzalez E, She W, Crair M. Adenylate Cyclase 1 dependent refinement of retinotopic maps in the mouse. Vision Res. 2004;44:3357-64 pubmed
- Bi W, Saifi G, Shaw C, Walz K, Fonseca P, Wilson M, et al. Mutations of RAI1, a PHD-containing protein, in nondeletion patients with Smith-Magenis syndrome. Hum Genet. 2004;115:515-24 pubmed..These findings suggest RAI1 is involved in transcriptional control through a multi-protein complex whose function may be altered in individuals with SMS. ..