Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Publications855 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Z, Jiang H, Chen S, Du F, Wang X. The mitochondrial phosphatase PGAM5 functions at the convergence point of multiple necrotic death pathways. Cell. 2012;148:228-43 pubmed publisher..Drp1 activation caused mitochondrial fragmentation, an early and obligatory step for necrosis execution. These data defined PGAM5 as the convergent point for multiple necrosis pathways. ..
- Meacham C, Morrison S. Tumour heterogeneity and cancer cell plasticity. Nature. 2013;501:328-37 pubmed publisher..Studies using lineage tracing and deep sequencing could have implications for the cancer stem-cell model and may help to determine the extent to which it accounts for therapy resistance and disease progression. ..
- Ranganayakulu G, Elliott D, Harvey R, Olson E. Divergent roles for NK-2 class homeobox genes in cardiogenesis in flies and mice. Development. 1998;125:3037-48 pubmed..The distinct cardiogenic programs in vertebrates and flies may be built upon a common and perhaps more ancient program for specification of visceral muscle. ..
- Liu Z, Nakagawa O, Nakagawa M, Yanagisawa H, Passier R, Richardson J, et al. CHAMP, a novel cardiac-specific helicase regulated by MEF2C. Dev Biol. 2001;234:497-509 pubmed..These findings suggest that CHAMP acts downstream of MEF2C in a cardiac-specific regulatory pathway for RNA processing and/or transcriptional control. ..
- Das A, Lu J, Hofmann S. Biochemical analysis of mutations in palmitoyl-protein thioesterase causing infantile and late-onset forms of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1431-9 pubmed
- Yang Y, Cheng P, Zhi G, Liu Y. Identification of a calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase that phosphorylates the Neurospora circadian clock protein FREQUENCY. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41064-72 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that multiple kinases may phosphorylate FRQ in vivo...
- Kauppila S, Maaty W, Chen P, Tomar R, Eby M, Chapo J, et al. Eiger and its receptor, Wengen, comprise a TNF-like system in Drosophila. Oncogene. 2003;22:4860-7 pubmed..Our results illustrate that Eiger and Wengen represent proximal components of an evolutionarily conserved TNF-like signaling pathway in Drosophila. ..
- Kiselyov K, Chen J, Rbaibi Y, Oberdick D, Tjon Kon Sang S, Shcheynikov N, et al. TRP-ML1 is a lysosomal monovalent cation channel that undergoes proteolytic cleavage. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:43218-23 pubmed..The cleavage inhibited TRP-ML1 channel activity. This work provides the first example of inactivation by cleavage of a TRP channel. The significance of the cleavage to the function of TRP-ML1 is under investigation. ..
- Jiang L, Collins J, Davis R, Lin K, DeCamp D, Roach T, et al. Use of a cAMP BRET sensor to characterize a novel regulation of cAMP by the sphingosine 1-phosphate/G13 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10576-84 pubmed..Thus in these macrophage cells, all four major classes of G proteins can regulate intracellular cAMP. ..
- Hutchison M, Bassett M, White P. SCF, BDNF, and Gas6 are regulators of growth plate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:193-203 pubmed publisher..IGF-I appears to be the primary proliferative signal in growth plate chondrocytes, whereas multiple factors including SCF, BDNF, and Gas6 regulate the pace of differentiation at the growth plate. ..
- Sunny N, Satapati S, Fu X, He T, Mehdibeigi R, Spring Robinson C, et al. Progressive adaptation of hepatic ketogenesis in mice fed a high-fat diet. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E1226-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that mitochondrial fat oxidation is stimulated rather than impaired during the initiation of hepatic insulin resistance in mice. ..
- Zhang C, Tang W, Li Y. Matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13) is a direct target of osteoblast-specific transcription factor osterix (Osx) in osteoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50525 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data strongly support a direct regulatory role for Osx in MMP13 gene expression in osteoblasts. They further provide new insight into potential mechanisms and pathways that Osx controls bone formation. ..
- Yuan W, Lee Y, Lin S, Chang L, Tan Y, Hung C, et al. K33-Linked Polyubiquitination of Coronin 7 by Cul3-KLHL20 Ubiquitin E3 Ligase Regulates Protein Trafficking. Mol Cell. 2014;54:586-600 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a role of KLHL20-mediated K33-ubiquitination of Crn7 in post-Golgi transport and identifies a cellular recognition mechanism for this ubiquitin chain type. ..
- Cleaver O. ? Cell Renewal versus Differentiation: Slow and Steady Wins the Race. Dev Cell. 2017;41:223-225 pubmed publisher..2017) demonstrate how CDK phosphorylation of Ngn3 governs the switch between their renewal and differentiation. Lengthening the cell cycle allows Ngn3 accumulation, outpacing phosphorylation-induced degradation. ..
- Eberhart C, Wasserman S. The pelota locus encodes a protein required for meiotic cell division: an analysis of G2/M arrest in Drosophila spermatogenesis. Development. 1995;121:3477-86 pubmed..pelota is also required for patterning in the eye and mitotic divisions in the ovary. We have cloned the pelota locus and show it encodes a 44 x 10(3) M(r) protein with yeast, plant, worm and human homologs. ..
- Kozasa T, Gilman A. Protein kinase C phosphorylates G12 alpha and inhibits its interaction with G beta gamma. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12562-7 pubmed..We suggest that protein kinase C regulates alpha 12- and alpha z-mediated signaling pathways by preventing their association with beta gamma. ..
- Davis M, Fleischhauer R, Dent J, Joho R, Avery L. A mutation in the C. elegans EXP-2 potassium channel that alters feeding behavior. Science. 1999;286:2501-4 pubmed
- Xie C, Turley S, Dietschy J. Centripetal cholesterol flow from the extrahepatic organs through the liver is normal in mice with mutated Niemann-Pick type C protein (NPC1). J Lipid Res. 2000;41:1278-89 pubmed
- Yokota K, Takashima A, Bergstresser P, Ariizumi K. Identification of a human homologue of the dendritic cell-associated C-type lectin-1, dectin-1. Gene. 2001;272:51-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that human DECTIN-1 shares many features with mouse dectin-1, including the generation of neck domain-lacking isoforms, which may down-regulate the co-stimulatory function of dectin-1. ..
- Prajapati S, Gaynor R. Regulation of Ikappa B kinase (IKK)gamma /NEMO function by IKKbeta -mediated phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24331-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the differential phosphorylation of IKKgamma/NEMO by IKKbeta and perhaps other kinases may be important in regulating IKK activity. ..
- Bellinger L, Bernardis L. The dorsomedial hypothalamic nucleus and its role in ingestive behavior and body weight regulation: lessons learned from lesioning studies. Physiol Behav. 2002;76:431-42 pubmed..The DMN has been shown to be involved in the rat's feeding response to an imbalanced amino acid diet. These data show the DMN has an important role in many processes that control both food intake and BW regulation. ..
- Bassel Duby R, Olson E. Signaling pathways in skeletal muscle remodeling. Annu Rev Biochem. 2006;75:19-37 pubmed..Understanding the mechanisms involved in modulating skeletal muscle phenotypes can potentiate the development of new therapeutic measures to ameliorate muscular diseases. ..
- Liu X, Jiang F, Kalidas S, Smith D, Liu Q. Dicer-2 and R2D2 coordinately bind siRNA to promote assembly of the siRISC complexes. RNA. 2006;12:1514-20 pubmed..Furthermore, both dsRNA-binding domains of R2D2 are critical for binding to siRNA and promoting assembly of the siRISC complexes. ..
- Gattineni J, Sas D, Dagan A, Dwarakanath V, Baum M. Effect of thyroid hormone on the postnatal renal expression of NHE8. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F198-204 pubmed..In conclusion, thyroid hormone plays a potential role in the developmental isoform change from NHE8 to NHE3 and decreases NHE8 activity. ..
- Miles D, Kernie S. Hypoxic-ischemic brain injury activates early hippocampal stem/progenitor cells to replace vulnerable neuroblasts. Hippocampus. 2008;18:793-806 pubmed publisher..This subsequently leads to newly generated neurons becoming stably incorporated into the DG. ..
- Akbar M, Ray S, KRAMER H. The SM protein Car/Vps33A regulates SNARE-mediated trafficking to lysosomes and lysosome-related organelles. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1705-14 pubmed publisher..Consistent with a role in Car-mediated fusion, dSyntaxin16 is not restricted to Golgi membranes but also present on lysosomes. ..
- Chang W, Sudhof T. SV2 renders primed synaptic vesicles competent for Ca2+ -induced exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2009;29:883-97 pubmed publisher..Viewed together, these observations suggest that SV2 functions in a maturation step of primed vesicles that converts the vesicles into a Ca(2+)- and synaptotagmin-responsive state. ..
- Huang J, Davis E, Chapman S, Budatha M, Marmorstein L, Word R, et al. Fibulin-4 deficiency results in ascending aortic aneurysms: a potential link between abnormal smooth muscle cell phenotype and aneurysm progression. Circ Res. 2010;106:583-92 pubmed publisher..However, aneurysms are never seen in mice deficient for elastin, or for fibulin-5, which absence also leads to compromised elastic fibers...
- Puri J, Hutchins B, Bellinger L, Kramer P. Estrogen and inflammation modulate estrogen receptor alpha expression in specific tissues of the temporomandibular joint. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009;7:155 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inflammation and 17 beta-estradiol can modulate ERalpha expression in the TMJ but the effects are tissue specific. ..
- Probst B, Liu L, Ramesh V, Li L, Sun H, Minna J, et al. Smac mimetics increase cancer cell response to chemotherapeutics in a TNF-?-dependent manner. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1645-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide mechanistic and applicable data to support translational studies in the use of a Smac mimetic/chemotherapy antineoplasm modality. ..
- Zhang Y, Blackwell E, McKnight M, Knutsen G, Vu W, Ruest L. Specific inactivation of Twist1 in the mandibular arch neural crest cells affects the development of the ramus and reveals interactions with hand2. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:924-40 pubmed publisher..To determine the role of Twist1 during mandibular development, we used the Hand2-Cre transgene to conditionally inactivate the gene in the neural crest cells populating the mandibular pharyngeal arch...
- Moreira C, Sperandio V. Interplay between the QseC and QseE bacterial adrenergic sensor kinases in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium pathogenesis. Infect Immun. 2012;80:4344-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that both adrenergic sensors play an important role in modulating several aspects of S. Typhimurium pathogenesis. ..
- Kalwat M, Thurmond D. Signaling mechanisms of glucose-induced F-actin remodeling in pancreatic islet Î² cells. Exp Mol Med. 2013;45:e37 pubmed publisher..This review will provide an historical look at the emergent focus on the role of the actin cytoskeleton and its regulation of insulin secretion, leading up to the cutting-edge research in progress in the field today. ..
- Wu Y, Haghighat N, Ruben L. The predominant calcimedins from Trypanosoma brucei comprise a family of flagellar EF-hand calcium-binding proteins. Biochem J. 1992;287 ( Pt 1):187-93 pubmed..Instead, the major trypanosome calcimedins comprise a family of flagellar EF-hand calcium-binding proteins...
- Opperman L. Cranial sutures as intramembranous bone growth sites. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:472-85 pubmed..At the same time, the reader is reminded of the importance of the suture as an intramembranous bone growth site...
- Cao X, Sudhof T. Dissection of amyloid-beta precursor protein-dependent transcriptional transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24601-11 pubmed..Our data suggest that transcriptional transactivation by APP and Notch may involve distinct mechanisms; whereas the Notch intracellular domain directly functions in the nucleus, the AICD acts indirectly by activating Fe65. ..
- Wang D, Hu J, Bobulescu I, Quill T, McLeroy P, Moe O, et al. A sperm-specific Na+/H+ exchanger (sNHE) is critical for expression and in vivo bicarbonate regulation of the soluble adenylyl cyclase (sAC). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9325-30 pubmed..We propose that the formation of this complex efficiently modulates intracellular pH and bicarbonate levels through the rapid and effective control of sAC and sNHE activities to facilitate sperm motility regulation. ..
- Shea H, Head D, Setchell K, Russell D. Analysis of HSD3B7 knockout mice reveals that a 3alpha-hydroxyl stereochemistry is required for bile acid function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11526-33 pubmed..We conclude that the correct stereochemistry of a single hydroxyl group at carbon 3 in bile acids is required to maintain their physiologic and regulatory functions in mammals. ..
- Liu Y, Tewari R, Ning J, Blagborough A, Garbom S, Pei J, et al. The conserved plant sterility gene HAP2 functions after attachment of fusogenic membranes in Chlamydomonas and Plasmodium gametes. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1051-68 pubmed publisher..Membrane dye experiments show that HAP2 is essential for membrane merger. Thus, in two distantly related eukaryotes, species-limited proteins govern access to a conserved protein essential for membrane fusion...
- Wang D, Hiesinger P. Autophagy, neuron-specific degradation and neurodegeneration. Autophagy. 2012;8:711-3 pubmed publisher..Here we explore the potential importance of this newly discovered neuron-specific degradation mechanism in comparison with ubiquitous autophagy machinery for adult-onset neurodegeneration...
- Protasio A, van Dongen S, Collins J, Quintais L, Ribeiro D, Sessler F, et al. MiR-277/4989 regulate transcriptional landscape during juvenile to adult transition in the parasitic helminth Schistosoma mansoni. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005559 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that sma-miR-277/4989 might play a dominant role in post-transcriptional regulation during development of juvenile worms and suggest an important role in the sexual development of female schistosomes...
- Mehta K, Brown M, Bilheimer D, Goldstein J. The low density lipoprotein receptor in Xenopus laevis. II. Feedback repression mediated by conserved sterol regulatory element. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10415-9 pubmed..We conclude that the structural gene for the LDL receptor has been under sterol-mediated regulation at least since the time of amphibian development more than 350 million years ago. ..
- Catalina M, Carroll M, Arizpe H, Takashima A, Estess P, Siegelman M. The route of antigen entry determines the requirement for L-selectin during immune responses. J Exp Med. 1996;184:2341-51 pubmed
- Tian H, Russell D. Expression and regulation of steroid 5 alpha-reductase in the genital tubercle of the fetal rat. Dev Dyn. 1997;209:117-26 pubmed..Together with genetic data, the results implicate the mesenchyme as the crucial cell type in formation of the male external genitalia. ..
- Zwirner N, Fernandez Vina M, Stastny P. MICA, a new polymorphic HLA-related antigen, is expressed mainly by keratinocytes, endothelial cells, and monocytes. Immunogenetics. 1998;47:139-48 pubmed
- Olson E. Development. The path to the heart and the road not taken. Science. 2001;291:2327-8 pubmed
- Mohan C. Murine lupus genetics: lessons learned. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2001;13:352-60 pubmed..Collectively, the loci and genes identified by these two different approaches factorize into a few distinct pathways leading to lupus. Delineating the molecular mediators of these distinct checkpoints is the challenge that lies ahead. ..
- Chiang E, Henson M, Stroynowski I. The nonclassical major histocompatibility complex molecule Qa-2 protects tumor cells from NK cell- and lymphokine-activated killer cell-mediated cytolysis. J Immunol. 2002;168:2200-11 pubmed..We propose that Q9 expressed on melanoma cells serves as a ligand for yet unidentified NK inhibitory receptor(s) expressed on NK1.1(+) NK/T cells. ..
- May P, Bock H, Herz J. Integration of endocytosis and signal transduction by lipoprotein receptors. Sci STKE. 2003;2003:PE12 pubmed..May et al. discuss this research in the context of the integration of endocytosis and signaling by this receptor family. ..
- DiLeone R, Georgescu D, Nestler E. Lateral hypothalamic neuropeptides in reward and drug addiction. Life Sci. 2003;73:759-68 pubmed..Regulation of LH intracellular signaling pathways in response to drugs of abuse supports a role for the LH neuropeptides in addiction. ..
- Virmani T, Han W, Liu X, Sudhof T, Kavalali E. Synaptotagmin 7 splice variants differentially regulate synaptic vesicle recycling. EMBO J. 2003;22:5347-57 pubmed..These results suggest that alternative splicing of synaptotagmin 7 acts as a molecular switch, which targets vesicles to fast and slow recycling pathways. ..
- Dietschy J, Turley S. Thematic review series: brain Lipids. Cholesterol metabolism in the central nervous system during early development and in the mature animal. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:1375-97 pubmed..Whether or not changes in the plasma cholesterol concentration alter sterol metabolism in the CNS or whether such changes affect cognitive function in the brain or the incidence of dementia remain uncertain at this time. ..
- Kinch L, Cheek S, Grishin N. EDD, a novel phosphotransferase domain common to mannose transporter EIIA, dihydroxyacetone kinase, and DegV. Protein Sci. 2005;14:360-7 pubmed
- Kelly M, Beuckmann C, Williams S, Sinton C, Motoike T, Richardson J, et al. Neuropeptide B-deficient mice demonstrate hyperalgesia in response to inflammatory pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9942-7 pubmed..These data support the idea that NPB is a factor in the modulation of responses to inflammatory pain and body weight homeostasis. ..
- Fu Y, Xie C, Chen J, Zhu J, Zhou H, Thomas J, et al. Innate stimuli accentuate end-organ damage by nephrotoxic antibodies via Fc receptor and TLR stimulation and IL-1/TNF-alpha production. J Immunol. 2006;176:632-9 pubmed
- Kublaoui B, Holder J, Gemelli T, Zinn A. Sim1 haploinsufficiency impairs melanocortin-mediated anorexia and activation of paraventricular nucleus neurons. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2483-92 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Sim1 heterozygotes are resistant to hypothalamic melanocortin signaling and suggest that Sim1-expressing PVN neurons regulate feeding, but not energy expenditure, in response to melanocortin signaling. ..
- Ozer A, Bruick R. Non-heme dioxygenases: cellular sensors and regulators jelly rolled into one?. Nat Chem Biol. 2007;3:144-53 pubmed..The discovery of protein regulation via hydroxylation raises the possibility that other Fe(II)- and 2-oxoglutarate-dependent dioxygenases might also serve in a similar capacity. ..
- Hawasli A, Benavides D, Nguyen C, Kansy J, Hayashi K, Chambon P, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 governs learning and synaptic plasticity via control of NMDAR degradation. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:880-886 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unknown mechanism by which Cdk5 facilitates calpain-mediated proteolysis of NR2B and may control synaptic plasticity and learning. ..
- Shi J, Miles D, Orr B, Massa S, Kernie S. Injury-induced neurogenesis in Bax-deficient mice: evidence for regulation by voltage-gated potassium channels. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3499-512 pubmed..These data suggest that the neuroprotection observed after injury in Bax-deficiency may be due to increased neurogenesis via activation of the Kv4 family of potassium channels. ..
- Barbosa A, Funato N, Chapman S, McKee M, Richardson J, Olson E, et al. Hand transcription factors cooperatively regulate development of the distal midline mesenchyme. Dev Biol. 2007;310:154-68 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the importance of Hand transcription factors in the transcriptional circuitry of craniofacial and tooth development. ..
- Zhao L, Kim K, Ikeda Y, Anderson K, Beck L, Chase S, et al. Central nervous system-specific knockout of steroidogenic factor 1 results in increased anxiety-like behavior. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1403-15 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal important roles of SF-1 in the hypothalamic expression of key regulators of anxiety-like behavior, providing a plausible molecular basis for the behavioral effect of CNS-specific KO of this nuclear receptor. ..
- Zhang H, Li Q, Graham R, Slow E, Hayden M, Bezprozvanny I. Full length mutant huntingtin is required for altered Ca2+ signaling and apoptosis of striatal neurons in the YAC mouse model of Huntington's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2008;31:80-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the results obtained with neurons from shortstop mice provide additional evidence that not all fragments of mutant Htt(exp) are toxic to neurons. ..
- Das P, Chopra M, Sharma A. Upregulation of myocardial syntaxin1A is associated with an early stage of polymicrobial sepsis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;323:61-8 pubmed publisher..It appears that during severe sepsis (CLP model), both the upregulation of syntaxin1A and the downregulation of NET contribute to increased concentrations of NE during the early and late stages of sepsis. ..
- Autry A, Adachi M, Cheng P, Monteggia L. Gender-specific impact of brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling on stress-induced depression-like behavior. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:84-90 pubmed publisher..However, the loss of BDNF in forebrain does not increase the susceptibility to depression-like behavior in male mice. These gender differences suggest a role for BDNF in mediating some aspects of depression-related behavior in females. ..
- Hatley M, Patrick D, Garcia M, Richardson J, Bassel Duby R, van Rooij E, et al. Modulation of K-Ras-dependent lung tumorigenesis by MicroRNA-21. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:282-93 pubmed publisher..MiR-21 drives tumorigenesis through inhibition of negative regulators of the Ras/MEK/ERK pathway and inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Porrello E, Johnson B, Aurora A, Simpson E, Nam Y, Matkovich S, et al. MiR-15 family regulates postnatal mitotic arrest of cardiomyocytes. Circ Res. 2011;109:670-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that upregulation of the miR-15 family during the neonatal period may be an important regulatory mechanism governing cardiomyocyte cell cycle withdrawal and binucleation. ..
- Flowers M, Birkey Reffey S, Mertz S. Obstacles, Opportunities and Priorities for Advancing Metastatic Breast Cancer Research. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3386-3390 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3386-90. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Thigpen A, Silver R, Guileyardo J, Casey M, McConnell J, Russell D. Tissue distribution and ontogeny of steroid 5 alpha-reductase isozyme expression. J Clin Invest. 1993;92:903-10 pubmed
- Ranganathan R, Ross E. PDZ domain proteins: scaffolds for signaling complexes. Curr Biol. 1997;7:R770-3 pubmed..Extensive conservation of PDZ domains suggests that these motifs have a general role in organizing diverse signaling complexes. ..
- O Doherty R, Lehman D, Telemaque Potts S, Newgard C. Metabolic impact of glucokinase overexpression in liver: lowering of blood glucose in fed rats is accompanied by hyperlipidemia. Diabetes. 1999;48:2022-7 pubmed
- Peters J, McKay R, McKay J, Graff J. Casein kinase I transduces Wnt signals. Nature. 1999;401:345-50 pubmed..In addition, CKI bound to and increased the phosphorylation of dishevelled, a known component of the Wnt pathway. These data indicate that CKI may be a conserved component of the Wnt pathway. ..
- Yabe D, Xia Z, Adams C, Rawson R. Three mutations in sterol-sensing domain of SCAP block interaction with insig and render SREBP cleavage insensitive to sterols. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16672-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, three different point mutations, each within the sterol-sensing domain of SCAP, prevent sterol-induced binding of SCAP to insig proteins and abolish feedback regulation of SREBP processing by sterols...
- Goetsch S, Martin C, Embree L, Garry D. Myogenic progenitor cells express filamin C in developing and regenerating skeletal muscle. Stem Cells Dev. 2005;14:181-7 pubmed
- Garg V, Muth A, Ransom J, Schluterman M, Barnes R, King I, et al. Mutations in NOTCH1 cause aortic valve disease. Nature. 2005;437:270-4 pubmed..These results suggest that NOTCH1 mutations cause an early developmental defect in the aortic valve and a later de-repression of calcium deposition that causes progressive aortic valve disease. ..
- Zhi G, Ryder J, Huang J, Ding P, Chen Y, Zhao Y, et al. Myosin light chain kinase and myosin phosphorylation effect frequency-dependent potentiation of skeletal muscle contraction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17519-24 pubmed
- Drewes P, Yanagisawa H, Starcher B, Hornstra I, Csiszar K, Marinis S, et al. Pelvic organ prolapse in fibulin-5 knockout mice: pregnancy-induced changes in elastic fiber homeostasis in mouse vagina. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:578-89 pubmed
- Atasoy D, Schoch S, Ho A, Nadasy K, Liu X, Zhang W, et al. Deletion of CASK in mice is lethal and impairs synaptic function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2525-30 pubmed
- Mineo C, Shaul P. Role of high-density lipoprotein and scavenger receptor B type I in the promotion of endothelial repair. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2007;17:156-61 pubmed..As such, signaling initiated by HDL-SR-BI promotes endothelial repair, and this novel mechanism of action may be critically involved in the impact of the lipoprotein on vascular health and disease. ..
- Zhang J. The direct involvement of SirT1 in insulin-induced insulin receptor substrate-2 tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34356-64 pubmed..More importantly, this study may imply a pathway through which Sir2 family protein deacetylases and insulin signaling pathway jointly regulate various metabolic processes, including aging and diabetes. ..
- Gao N, Shang J, Lehrman M. Unexpected basis for impaired Glc3Man9GlcNAc2-P-P-dolichol biosynthesis by elevated expression of GlcNAc-1-P transferase. Glycobiology. 2008;18:125-34 pubmed..Since the mammalian GPT gene can undergo spontaneous amplification, the data also indicate a potential basis for forms of pseudo-CDG-If. ..
- Lee K, Warchol M. Promotion of neurite outgrowth and axon guidance in spiral ganglion cells by netrin-1. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;134:146-51 pubmed publisher..These findings may lead to the development of strategies to optimize the interface between electrode arrays and spiral ganglion cells, resulting in improved cochlear implant performance. ..
- Amatruda J, Patton E. Genetic models of cancer in zebrafish. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2008;271:1-34 pubmed publisher..This, together with a complete genome sequence and an array of tools for gene manipulation, makes the construction of robust, physiological zebrafish cancer models increasingly possible. ..
- Liu Z, Ma Z, Terada L, Garrard W. Divergent roles of RelA and c-Rel in establishing chromosomal loops upon activation of the Igkappa gene. J Immunol. 2009;183:3819-30 pubmed publisher..We have thus identified both essential and nonessential events that establish higher order chromatin reorganization during Igkappa gene activation. ..
- Renthal W, Nestler E. Chromatin regulation in drug addiction and depression. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2009;11:257-68 pubmed..These advances promise to open up new avenues for improved treatments of these disorders. ..
- Wu T, Fu Y, Brekken D, Yan M, Zhou X, Vanarsa K, et al. Urine proteome scans uncover total urinary protease, prostaglandin D synthase, serum amyloid P, and superoxide dismutase as potential markers of lupus nephritis. J Immunol. 2010;184:2183-93 pubmed publisher..These findings could have important diagnostic and prognostic ramifications in the management of these renal diatheses. ..
- Chopra M, Das P, Sharma A. Caspase-3 knock-down reverses contractile dysfunction induced by sepsis in adult rat ventricular myocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:93-100 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that C-3 knock-down improved the loss of contractile response to NA in septic ARVMs, suggesting that C-3 regulated contractile dysfunction induced by sepsis in ARVMs. ..