Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in College Station, Texas, United States
Locale: College Station, Texas, United States
Publications453 found, 100 shown here
- Parr R, Storey S, Mitchell D, McIntosh A, Zhou M, Mir K, et al. The rotavirus enterotoxin NSP4 directly interacts with the caveolar structural protein caveolin-1. J Virol. 2006;80:2842-54 pubmed
- Garcia L, LeBoeuf B, Koo P. Diversity in mating behavior of hermaphroditic and male-female Caenorhabditis nematodes. Genetics. 2007;175:1761-71 pubmed
- Chen G, Weylie B, Hu C, Zhu J, Forough R. FGFR1/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway is a novel target for antiangiogenic effects of the cancer drug fumagillin (TNP-470). J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1492-504 pubmed..Based on these findings, we conclude that the binding of fumagillin to the cytoplasmic domain of the FGF1 receptor inhibited FGF1-stimulated angiogenesis both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Venugopal A, Stewart R, Laine G, Dongaonkar R, Quick C. Lymphangion coordination minimally affects mean flow in lymphatic vessels. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H1183-9 pubmed..Because lymphangion coordination minimally affects mean flow in lymphatic vessels, lymphangions have flexibility to independently adapt to local conditions...
- Jin H, Shen X, Baggett B, Kong X, LiWang P. The human CC chemokine MIP-1beta dimer is not competent to bind to the CCR5 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27976-83 pubmed..This work provides the first definitive evidence that the CC chemokine MIP-1beta dimer is not able to bind or activate its receptor and implicates the CC chemokine monomer as the sole receptor-interacting unit. ..
- Lancaster P, Carstens G, Ribeiro F, Davis M, Lyons J, Welsh T. Effects of divergent selection for serum insulin-like growth factor-I concentration on performance, feed efficiency, and ultrasound measures of carcass composition traits in Angus bulls and heifers. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:2862-71 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that genetic selection for postweaning serum IGF-I concentration had a minimal effect on RFI in beef cattle. ..
- Wu G, Bazer F, Davis T, Kim S, Li P, Marc Rhoads J, et al. Arginine metabolism and nutrition in growth, health and disease. Amino Acids. 2009;37:153-68 pubmed publisher..The effect of Arg in treating many developmental and health problems is unique among AAs, and offers great promise for improved health and wellbeing of humans and animals. ..
- Salih H, Adelson D. QTL global meta-analysis: are trait determining genes clustered?. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:184 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have identified over-represented GO terminology that from a biological standpoint, makes sense with respect to QTL category type. ..
- Liu P, Li L, Keane S, Yang D, Leibowitz J, Giedroc D. Mouse hepatitis virus stem-loop 2 adopts a uYNMG(U)a-like tetraloop structure that is highly functionally tolerant of base substitutions. J Virol. 2009;83:12084-93 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that SL2 functions as an important, but rather plastic, structural element in stimulating subgenomic RNA synthesis in coronaviruses. ..
- Turk H, Chapkin R. Membrane lipid raft organization is uniquely modified by n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2013;88:43-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these studies provide strong evidence for a predominant mechanism by which n-3 PUFA function in colon cancer prevention. ..
- Li A, Luehmann H, Sun G, Samarajeewa S, Zou J, Zhang S, et al. Synthesis and in vivo pharmacokinetic evaluation of degradable shell cross-linked polymer nanoparticles with poly(carboxybetaine) versus poly(ethylene glycol) surface-grafted coatings. ACS Nano. 2012;6:8970-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PCB-functionalized dSCKs have great potential as a theranostic platform for translational research. ..
- Ball J, Schroeder M, Williams C, Schroeder F, Parr R. Mutational analysis of the rotavirus NSP4 enterotoxic domain that binds to caveolin-1. Virol J. 2013;10:336 pubmed publisher..The integrity of the helical structure is important for both cav-1 binding and diarrhea induction implying a connection between NSP4 functional and binding activities...
- Kantarci H, Edlund R, Groves A, Riley B. Tfap2a promotes specification and maturation of neurons in the inner ear through modulation of Bmp, Fgf and notch signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005037 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a model in which Tfap2a, acting through Bmp7a, modulates Fgf and Notch signaling to control the duration, amount and speed of SAG neural development. ..
- Hurley L, Greene L, Byers F, Carstens G. Site and extent of apparent magnesium absorption by lambs fed different sources of magnesium. J Anim Sci. 1990;68:2181-7 pubmed..Lambs fed the control and Mg-Mica diets absorbed similar (P greater than .05) quantities of Mg in the preintestinal region and less (P less than .05) than lambs fed the MgO, MgC and MgOH diets.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Ing N, Tornesi M. Estradiol up-regulates estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor gene expression in specific ovine uterine cells. Biol Reprod. 1997;56:1205-15 pubmed
- Li H, Meininger C, Hawker J, Haynes T, Kepka Lenhart D, Mistry S, et al. Regulatory role of arginase I and II in nitric oxide, polyamine, and proline syntheses in endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;280:E75-82 pubmed
- Davis M, Wu X, Nurkiewicz T, Kawasaki J, Davis G, Hill M, et al. Integrins and mechanotransduction of the vascular myogenic response. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;280:H1427-33 pubmed..Finally, we analyze evidence that integrin-linked signaling pathways, such as those involving protein tyrosine phosphorylation cascades and mitogen-activated protein kinases, are required for myogenic tone...
- Kim H, Tasca S, Qiang W, Wong P, Stoica G. Induction of p53 accumulation by Moloney murine leukemia virus-ts1 infection in astrocytes via activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2. Lab Invest. 2002;82:693-702 pubmed..Our studies suggest that ts1 neuropathology in mice may result from changes in expression and activity of p53, brought about in part by ts1 activation of ERK...
- Nordell V, Scarborough M, Buchanan A, Sohrabji F. Differential effects of estrogen in the injured forebrain of young adult and reproductive senescent animals. Neurobiol Aging. 2003;24:733-43 pubmed
- Koles K, Irvine K, Panin V. Functional characterization of Drosophila sialyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4346-57 pubmed
- Bageshwar U, Taneja Bageshwar S, Moharram H, Binzel M. Two isoforms of the A subunit of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase in Lycopersicon esculentum: highly similar proteins but divergent patterns of tissue localization. Planta. 2005;220:632-43 pubmed publisher..Immunoprecipitation of dissociated V1 domains using isoform-specific antibodies showed that V1 domains consist of either V-ATPase A1 or A2 catalytic subunit isoforms...
- Thompson J, Brown S, Riddle W, Seahorn J, Cohen N. Use of a Bayesian risk-mapping technique to estimate spatial risks for mare reproductive loss syndrome in Kentucky. Am J Vet Res. 2005;66:17-20 pubmed
- Trache A, Trzeciakowski J, Gardiner L, Sun Z, Muthuchamy M, Guo M, et al. Histamine effects on endothelial cell fibronectin interaction studied by atomic force microscopy. Biophys J. 2005;89:2888-98 pubmed..These changes can be recorded as direct measurements on live endothelial cells by using atomic force microscopy. ..
- Steele Russell I, Russell M, Castiglioni J, Reuter J, van Hof M. Selective attention and Pavlovian conditioning. Exp Brain Res. 2006;173:587-602 pubmed..In addition, the use of self-indexing CSs inevitably leads to an underestimation of the role of forebrain mechanisms in Pavlovian conditioning. ..
- Sakadzic S, Wang L. Correlation transfer and diffusion of ultrasound-modulated multiply scattered light. Phys Rev Lett. 2006;96:163902 pubmed..These equations should be applicable to a wide spectrum of conditions for ultrasound-modulated optical tomography of soft biological tissues. ..
- Fritzler J, Zhu G. Functional characterization of the acyl-[acyl carrier protein] ligase in the Cryptosporidium parvum giant polyketide synthase. Int J Parasitol. 2007;37:307-16 pubmed..These observations ultimately validate the function of the CpPKS1-AL-ACP unit, and make it possible to further dissect the function of this megasynthase using recombinant proteins in a stepwise procedure. ..
- Ward M, Highfield L, Vongseng P, Graeme Garner M. Simulation of foot-and-mouth disease spread within an integrated livestock system in Texas, USA. Prev Vet Med. 2009;88:286-97 pubmed publisher..Although most predicted epidemics lasted only approximately 1-2 months, and <100 herds needed to be depopulated, large outbreaks lasting approximately 8-9 months with up to 230 herds depopulated might occur...
- Bolton T, Kuskie K, Halbert N, Chaffin K, Healy M, Lawhon S, et al. Detection of strain variation in isolates of Rhodococcus equi from an affected foal using repetitive sequence-based polymerase chain reaction. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:611-5 pubmed..The automated system used in the current study provided a rapid, reproducible, and discriminating method for typing R. equi isolates...
- Chi Y, Jing X, Lei J, Ahn J, Koo Y, Yun D, et al. Stability of AtVSP in the insect digestive canal determines its defensive capability. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:391-9 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that stability of an anti-insect protein in insect guts is a crucial property integral to the defense protein. ..
- Scobell S, MacKenzie D. Reproductive endocrinology of Syngnathidae. J Fish Biol. 2011;78:1662-80 pubmed publisher..Additionally, their coastal distribution and embryo retention make them potentially important subjects for studies on the effect of endocrine disruption on fitness...
- Arenas Gamboa A, Rice Ficht A, Kahl McDonagh M, Ficht T. Protective efficacy and safety of Brucella melitensis 16M?mucR against intraperitoneal and aerosol challenge in BALB/c mice. Infect Immun. 2011;79:3653-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the 16M?mucR vaccine is safe, elicits a strong protective immunity, and should be considered as a promising vaccine candidate for human use...
- Kersch C, Pietrantonio P. Mosquito Aedes aegypti (L.) leucokinin receptor is critical for in vivo fluid excretion post blood feeding. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3507-12 pubmed publisher..The Aedes kinin receptor was also localized in several tissues not previously reported in mosquitoes. Results highlight the integrative role of the Aedes kinins in the success of the blood feeding adaptation. ..
- Woller S, Moreno G, Hart N, Wellman P, Grau J, Hook M. Analgesia or addiction?: implications for morphine use after spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma. 2012;29:1650-62 pubmed publisher..Further, although injured rats exhibited a suppression of opiate self-administration, when given access to a high concentration, addictive-like behavior emerged and was associated with poor recovery. ..
- Ma Q, Fonseca A, Liu W, Fields A, Pimsler M, Spindola A, et al. Proteus mirabilis interkingdom swarming signals attract blow flies. ISME J. 2012;6:1356-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, bacteria with the swarming mutation rfaL attracted fewer blow flies and reduced the number of eggs laid by the flies. Therefore, we have identified several interkingdom signals between P. mirabilis and blow flies. ..
- Njongmeta L, Bray J, Davies C, Davis W, Howard C, Hope J, et al. CD205 antigen targeting combined with dendritic cell recruitment factors and antigen-linked CD40L activation primes and expands significant antigen-specific antibody and CD4(+) T cell responses following DNA vaccination of outbred animals. Vaccine. 2012;30:1624-35 pubmed publisher..These promising outcomes support testing the protective efficacy of CD205-targeted antigens in the calf model. ..
- Imbesi P, Gohad N, Eller M, Orihuela B, Rittschof D, Schweikert E, et al. Noradrenaline-functionalized hyperbranched fluoropolymer-poly(ethylene glycol) cross-linked networks as dual-mode, anti-biofouling coatings. ACS Nano. 2012;6:1503-12 pubmed publisher..This robust strategy demonstrates a methodology for the incorporation of actively antibiofouling moieties onto a passively antibiofouling network. ..
- Miyamoto T, Chen Y, Slone J, Amrein H. Identification of a Drosophila glucose receptor using Ca2+ imaging of single chemosensory neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56304 pubmed publisher..Thus, single cell Ca(2+) imaging can be employed as a powerful tool to identify ligands for orphan Gr proteins. ..
- Swastika K, Dharmawan N, Suardita I, Kepeng I, Wandra T, Sako Y, et al. Swine cysticercosis in the Karangasem district of Bali, Indonesia: An evaluation of serological screening methods. Acta Trop. 2016;163:46-53 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to confirm if it is possible to draw a cut off line for differentiation of pig infected with T. solium from those infected with T. hydatigena. ..
- Riley B, Zhu C, Janetopoulos C, Aufderheide K. A critical period of ear development controlled by distinct populations of ciliated cells in the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1997;191:191-201 pubmed..5 to 24 h, and that interfering with the functions of tether cell kinocilia or beating cilia impairs otolith seeding and subsequent otolith morphogenesis...
- Haigh N, Johnson A. A new role for BiP: closing the aqueous translocon pore during protein integration into the ER membrane. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:261-70 pubmed..Therefore, closure of the pore involves substantial conformational changes in the translocon that are coupled to a complex sequence of structural rearrangements on both sides of the ER membrane involving the ribosome and BiP. ..
- Nilsson I, Kelleher D, Miao Y, Shao Y, Kreibich G, Gilmore R, et al. Photocross-linking of nascent chains to the STT3 subunit of the oligosaccharyltransferase complex. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:715-25 pubmed
- Fossum T, Mertens M, Miller M, Peacock J, Saunders A, Gordon S, et al. Thoracic duct ligation and pericardectomy for treatment of idiopathic chylothorax. J Vet Intern Med. 2004;18:307-10 pubmed..These data suggest that TD ligation in conjunction with pericardectomy has a favorable outcome in animals with idiopathic chylothorax...
- Streatfield S. Oral hepatitis B vaccine candidates produced and delivered in plant material. Immunol Cell Biol. 2005;83:257-62 pubmed..Small scale clinical trials in which the antigen has been delivered orally in edible plant material indicate safety and immunogenicity. ..
- Gordon S, Miller M. Transarterial coil embolization for canine patent ductus arteriosus occlusion. Clin Tech Small Anim Pract. 2005;20:196-202 pubmed..Patients are then recovered and released the following day. This procedure requires substantial technical expertise and specialized equipment. ..
- Murphy W, Pearks Wilkerson A, Raudsepp T, Agarwala R, Sch ffer A, Stanyon R, et al. Novel gene acquisition on carnivore Y chromosomes. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e43 pubmed publisher..Specific plans to identify the male-specific genes encoded in the Y chromosome of mammals should be a priority...
- Heatley J, Mitchell M, Roy A, Cho D, Williams D, Tully T. Disseminated mycobacteriosis in a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus). J Avian Med Surg. 2007;21:201-9 pubmed..Results of culture, a polymerase chain reaction testing, and direct deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing for mycobacterial 16S ribosomal ribonucleic acid DNA determined this organism most likely to be Mycobacterium avium...
- Stoica G, Lungu G, Kim H, Wong P. Up-regulation of pro-nerve growth factor, neurotrophin receptor p75, and sortilin is associated with retrovirus-induced spongiform encephalomyelopathy. Brain Res. 2008;1208:204-16 pubmed publisher..This study provides new in vivo insights into the possible role of proNGF and its receptors in ts1-induced neurodegeneration. ..
- Kochan K, Amaral M, Agarwala R, Schäffer A, Riggs P. Application of dissociation curve analysis to radiation hybrid panel marker scoring: generation of a map of river buffalo (B. bubalis) chromosome 20. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:544 pubmed publisher..To improve sensitivity and efficiency of radiation hybrid panel analysis in comparison to gel-based methods, we adapted fluorescence-based real-time PCR and dissociation curve analysis for use as a novel scoring method...
- Liu T, Nerren J, Liu M, Martens R, Cohen N. Basal and stimulus-induced cytokine expression is selectively impaired in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of newborn foals. Vaccine. 2009;27:674-83 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CpG-ODNs can selectively stimulate deficient cytokines (P<0.05) from PBMCs in newborn foals in vitro, suggesting immunoprophylactic or therapeutic potential of CpG-ODNs. ..
- Ajithdoss D, Reddy S, Suchodolski P, Lee L, Kung H, Lupiani B. In vitro characterization of the Meq proteins of Marek's disease virus vaccine strain CVI988. Virus Res. 2009;142:57-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data presented here indicate that CVI-Meq proteins are generally weak transactivators, which might contribute to the non-oncogenic phenotype of CVI988 virus in chickens...
- Castro Arellano I, Suzán G, León R, Jiménez R, Lacher T. Survey for antibody to hantaviruses in Tamaulipas, Mexico. J Wildl Dis. 2009;45:207-12 pubmed..This is the first survey for Hantavirus antibodies in the rodent fauna of Tamaulipas and the first report of P. levipes as a potential host for a Hantavirus. ..
- Pozzi M, Gawandi V, Fitzpatrick P. Mechanistic studies of para-substituted N,N'-dibenzyl-1,4-diaminobutanes as substrates for a mammalian polyamine oxidase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:12305-13 pubmed publisher..59 at pH 8.6 and -0.09 at pH 6.6. These results are consistent with direct transfer of a hydride from the neutral CN bond of the substrate to the flavin as the mechanism of polyamine oxidase. ..
- Krueger N, Anderson R, Tedeschi L, Callaway T, Edrington T, Nisbet D. Evaluation of feeding glycerol on free-fatty acid production and fermentation kinetics of mixed ruminal microbes in vitro. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:8469-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibiting bacterial fat degradation may promote ruminal passage of total lipid, thereby providing greater proportions of beneficial unsaturated fat for incorporation into beef products. ..
- Rossetti C, Galindo C, Everts R, Lewin H, Garner H, Adams L. Comparative analysis of the early transcriptome of Brucella abortus--infected monocyte-derived macrophages from cattle naturally resistant or susceptible to brucellosis. Res Vet Sci. 2011;91:40-51 pubmed publisher..abortus infection in R MDMs while the cell cycle was largely arrested in infected S MDMs at 12 h p.i. These results contribute to an improved understanding of how host responses may be manipulated to prevent infection by brucellae...
- Stueve K, Isaacs R, Tyrrell L, Densmore R. Spatial variability of biotic and abiotic tree establishment constraints across a treeline ecotone in the Alaska range. Ecology. 2011;92:496-506 pubmed..Future treeline expansion will likely be patchy and challenging to predict without considering the spatial variability of influences from biotic and abiotic local site conditions. ..
- Lu H, Pietrantonio P. Insect insulin receptors: insights from sequence and caste expression analyses of two cloned hymenopteran insulin receptor cDNAs from the fire ant. Insect Mol Biol. 2011;20:637-49 pubmed publisher..This study contributes new information to the understanding of social insects because in fire ants juvenile hormone acts as a gonadotropin and workers are fully sterile, contrary to honey bees...
- Dash B, Phillips T. Molecular characterization of a catalase from Hydra vulgaris. Gene. 2012;501:144-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the HvCatalase gene is involved in the cellular stress response and (anti)oxidative processes triggered by stressor and contaminant exposure. ..
- Baumbauer K, Lee K, Puga D, Woller S, Hughes A, Grau J. Temporal regularity determines the impact of electrical stimulation on tactile reactivity and response to capsaicin in spinally transected rats. Neuroscience. 2012;227:119-33 pubmed publisher..The results show that variable intermittent shock enhances mechanical reactivity, while an extended exposure to fixed-spaced shock has the opposite effect on mechanical reactivity and attenuates capsaicin-induced EMR. ..
- Gomez G, Pei J, Mwangi W, Adams L, Rice Ficht A, Ficht T. Immunogenic and invasive properties of Brucella melitensis 16M outer membrane protein vaccine candidates identified via a reverse vaccinology approach. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59751 pubmed publisher..Studies to assess immunogenicity and protective efficacy of individual proteins in the mouse are currently underway. ..
- Raudsepp T, Chowdhary B. Chromosome Aberrations and Fertility Disorders in Domestic Animals. Annu Rev Anim Biosci. 2016;4:15-43 pubmed publisher..Finally, we describe how traditional cytogenetics is interfacing with advanced genomics approaches, such as array technologies and next-generation sequencing, and speculate about the future prospects. ..
- Forrester S, Brown S, Lees G, Hartsfield S. Disposition of clorazepate in dogs after single- and multiple-dose oral administration. Am J Vet Res. 1990;51:2001-5 pubmed..001) than after a single dose (6.54 +/- 2.15 ml/min/kg). Absorption half-life after multiple doses (72 minutes) was longer (P less than 0.01) than after a single dose (33 minutes).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Chaloupka K, Santostefano M, Goldfarb I, Liu G, Myers M, Tsyrolv I, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor-independent induction of Cyp1a2 gene expression by acenaphthylene and related compounds in B6C3F1 mice. Carcinogenesis. 1994;15:2835-40 pubmed
- Gallagher D, Davis S, De Donato M, Burzlaff J, Womack J, Taylor J, et al. A karyotypic analysis of nilgai, Boselaphus tragocamelus (Artiodactyla: Bovidae). Chromosome Res. 1998;6:505-13 pubmed..Additional FISH analyses were conducted to confirm other proposed chromosome homologies and to identify nucleolar organizing regions within the nilgai complement. ..
- Frolov A, Petrescu A, Atshaves B, So P, Gratton E, Serrero G, et al. High density lipoprotein-mediated cholesterol uptake and targeting to lipid droplets in intact L-cell fibroblasts. A single- and multiphoton fluorescence approach. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12769-80 pubmed..Targeting of sterol to lipid droplets was correlated with the presence of adipose differentiation related protein, a lipid droplet-specific protein shown for the first time to bind unesterified sterol with high affinity. ..
- McCallum C, Do H, Johnson A, Frydman J. The interaction of the chaperonin tailless complex polypeptide 1 (TCP1) ring complex (TRiC) with ribosome-bound nascent chains examined using photo-cross-linking. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:591-602 pubmed..Our results indicate that TRiC/CCT associates with the translating polypeptide shortly after it emerges from the ribosome and suggest a close association between the chaperonin and the translational apparatus. ..
- Gallegos A, Atshaves B, Storey S, Starodub O, Petrescu A, Huang H, et al. Gene structure, intracellular localization, and functional roles of sterol carrier protein-2. Prog Lipid Res. 2001;40:498-563 pubmed
- Wagner I, Rees C, Dunstan R, Credille K, Hood D. Evaluation of systemic immunologic hyperreactivity after intradermal testing in horses with chronic laminitis. Am J Vet Res. 2003;64:279-83 pubmed..To determine whether systemic immunologic hyperreactivity exists in horses with chronic laminitis, compared with responses for nonlaminitic horses...
- Farnell Y, Ing N. Endometrial effects of selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) on estradiol-responsive gene expression are gene and cell-specific. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;84:513-26 pubmed..EM demonstrated the greatest antagonism of E2-enhanced levels of ER, PR and CYC, likely due to the inhibition of ER gene expression at both mRNA and protein levels. ..
- Martinez Lemus L, Wu X, Wilson E, Hill M, Davis G, Davis M, et al. Integrins as unique receptors for vascular control. J Vasc Res. 2003;40:211-33 pubmed..Further understanding of the role of integrins in vascular control holds promise as new avenues for prophylactic and therapeutic manipulation of vascular phenomena. ..
- Barhoumi R, Faske J, Liu X, Tjalkens R. Manganese potentiates lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of NOS2 in C6 glioma cells through mitochondrial-dependent activation of nuclear factor kappaB. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;122:167-79 pubmed..These data indicate that Mn augments LPS-induced expression of NOS2 in C6 cells by increasing mitochondrial ROS and activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Guo J, Rasmussen J, Wunschmann A, de la Concha Bermejillo A. Genetic characterization of orf viruses isolated from various ruminant species of a zoo. Vet Microbiol. 2004;99:81-92 pubmed
- Chen J, Snowden K, Mitchell F, Sokolova J, Fuxa J, Bradleigh Vinson S. Sources of spores for the possible horizontal transmission of Thelohania solenopsae (Microspora: Thelohaniidae) in the red imported fire ants, Solenopsis invicta. J Invertebr Pathol. 2004;85:139-45 pubmed
- Ingalls C, Wenke J, Nofal T, Armstrong R. Adaptation to lengthening contraction-induced injury in mouse muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2004;97:1067-76 pubmed..It is probable that the accelerated rate of strength recovery resulted from the more rapid loss and subsequent recovery of myofibrillar protein observed after the fifth bout. ..
- Gokulan K, Khare S, Ronning D, Linthicum S, Sacchettini J, Rupp B. Cocrystal structures of NC6.8 Fab identify key interactions for high potency sweetener recognition: implications for the design of synthetic sweeteners. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9889-98 pubmed..Overall similarities and partial conservation of interactions indicate that the NC6.8 Fab surrogate is representing crucial features of the T1R2 taste receptor VFTM binding site...
- Person A, Bills K, Liu H, Botting S, Lindstrom J, Wells G. Extracellular domain nicotinic acetylcholine receptors formed by alpha4 and beta2 subunits. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39990-40002 pubmed..These results suggest that M1 domains on both alpha4 and beta2 play an important role for efficient expression of extracellular domain alpha4beta2 nAChRs that are high fidelity structural models of full-length alpha4beta2 nAChRs. ..
- Yakisich J, Kapler G. Deletion of the Tetrahymena thermophila rDNA replication fork barrier region disrupts macronuclear rDNA excision and creates a fragile site in the micronuclear genome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:620-34 pubmed
- Kwak H, Song W, Lawler J. Exercise training attenuates age-induced elevation in Bax/Bcl-2 ratio, apoptosis, and remodeling in the rat heart. FASEB J. 2006;20:791-3 pubmed..These are the first data to demonstrate protective effects of endurance exercise training against elevated apoptosis and remodeling in the aging heart. ..
- Petrescu A, Huang H, Hostetler H, Schroeder F, Kier A. Structural and functional characterization of a new recombinant histidine-tagged acyl coenzyme A binding protein (ACBP) from mouse. Protein Expr Purif. 2008;58:184-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, C-terminal his-tagged-ACBP maintained very similar structural and functional features of the untagged native protein and can be used in further in vitro experiments that require pure recombinant ACBP. ..
- Predel R, Russell W, Russell D, Lopez J, Esquivel J, Nachman R. Comparative peptidomics of four related hemipteran species: pyrokinins, myosuppressin, corazonin, adipokinetic hormone, sNPF, and periviscerokinins. Peptides. 2008;29:162-7 pubmed publisher..The forthcoming release of the genome from the reduviid Rhodnius prolixus will provide sufficient data to clear this point. ..
- Chi Y, Salzman R, Balfe S, Ahn J, Sun W, Moon J, et al. Cowpea bruchid midgut transcriptome response to a soybean cystatin--costs and benefits of counter-defence. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:97-110 pubmed publisher..The enhanced or restored digestibility that may result is possibly crucial for insect survival, yet may be bought at the cost of weakened response to other stresses. ..
- Henderson Pozzi M, Gawandi V, Fitzpatrick P. pH dependence of a mammalian polyamine oxidase: insights into substrate specificity and the role of lysine 315. Biochemistry. 2009;48:1508-16 pubmed publisher..8. These results rule out Lys315 as a source of a pK(a) in the k(cat)/K(amine) or k(cat)/k(red) profiles. They also establish that this residue does not play a critical role in amine oxidation by PAO. ..
- Wu C, Proestou D, Carter D, Nicholson E, Santos F, Zhao S, et al. Construction and sequence sampling of deep-coverage, large-insert BAC libraries for three model lepidopteran species. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:283 pubmed publisher..Large-insert BAC libraries of these insects are critical resources for many molecular studies, including physical mapping and genome sequencing, but not available to date...
- Trainor K, Porter B, Logan K, Hoffman R, Snowden K. Eight cases of feline cutaneous leishmaniasis in Texas. Vet Pathol. 2010;47:1076-81 pubmed publisher..The lesions were similar to those described for cutaneous L. mexicana infection in humans. In 5 of the 8 cats, Leishmania mexicana DNA was amplified from paraffin-embedded tissue by polymerase chain reaction and sequenced. ..
- Ellis L, Carney G. Socially-responsive gene expression in male Drosophila melanogaster is influenced by the sex of the interacting partner. Genetics. 2011;187:157-69 pubmed publisher..We predict that analyzing additional socially-responsive genes will give us insight into genes and neural signaling pathways that influence reproductive and other behavioral interactions. ..
- Jeevan A, Yoshimura T, Ly L, Dirisala V, McMurray D. Cloning of guinea pig IL-4: reduced IL-4 mRNA after vaccination or Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2011;91:47-56 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis infection modulates IL-4 mRNA expression in the guinea pig. Cloning of guinea pig IL-4 will allow us to address the role of IL-4 in vaccine-induced resistance to pulmonary TB in a highly relevant animal model...
- Jose J, Loudet A, Ueno Y, Wu L, Chen H, Son D, et al. Energy transfer cassettes in silica nanoparticles target intracellular organelles. Org Biomol Chem. 2011;9:3871-7 pubmed publisher..Neither of these findings were anticipated given that silica nanoparticles of this type are generally considered to be non-porous. ..
- Cook S, Eubanks M, Gold R, Behmer S. Seasonality directs contrasting food collection behavior and nutrient regulation strategies in ants. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25407 pubmed publisher..g. spring and summer), and to conserve energy and be metabolically more efficient when nutritionally balanced foods are less abundant. ..