Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acetyltransferases in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Moon Y, Shah N, Mohapatra S, Warrington J, Horton J. Identification of a mammalian long chain fatty acyl elongase regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45358-66 pubmed..The current studies suggest that mouse LCE expression is increased by SREBPs and that the enzyme is a component of the elusive mammalian elongation system that converts palmitic to stearic acid. ..
- Hiesberger T, Shao X, Gourley E, Reimann A, Pontoglio M, Igarashi P. Role of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta (HNF-1beta) C-terminal domain in Pkhd1 (ARPKD) gene transcription and renal cystogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10578-86 pubmed..Expression of HNF-1alpha in proximal tubules may protect against cystogenesis. ..
- Cao X, Sudhof T. A transcriptionally [correction of transcriptively] active complex of APP with Fe65 and histone acetyltransferase Tip60. Science. 2001;293:115-20 pubmed..This complex potently stimulates transcription via heterologous Gal4- or LexA-DNA binding domains, suggesting that release of the cytoplasmic tail of APP by gamma-cleavage may function in gene expression. ..
- Awasthi S, Sharma A, Wong K, Zhang J, Matlock E, Rogers L, et al. A human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 enhancer of Myc transforming potential stabilizes Myc-TIP60 transcriptional interactions. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6178-98 pubmed..Importantly, these results suggest that p30II functions as a novel retroviral modulator of Myc-TIP60-transforming interactions that may contribute to adult T-cell leukemogenesis. ..
- Hou F, Chu C, Kong X, Yokomori K, Zou H. The acetyltransferase activity of San stabilizes the mitotic cohesin at the centromeres in a shugoshin-independent manner. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:587-97 pubmed..Collectively, San may be specifically required for the maintenance of the centromeric cohesion in mitosis. ..
- Liang C, Marks G. GABAA receptors are located in cholinergic terminals in the nucleus pontis oralis of the rat: implications for REM sleep control. Brain Res. 2014;1543:58-64 pubmed publisher..Immunoreactive cholinergic boutons were found to be colocalized with GABA(A) receptor subunit protein ?2. This finding implicates a specific subtype and location of GABA(A) receptors in PnO of rat in the control of REM sleep. ..
- Cao X, Sudhof T. Dissection of amyloid-beta precursor protein-dependent transcriptional transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24601-11 pubmed..Our data suggest that transcriptional transactivation by APP and Notch may involve distinct mechanisms; whereas the Notch intracellular domain directly functions in the nucleus, the AICD acts indirectly by activating Fe65. ..
- Moon Y, Hammer R, Horton J. Deletion of ELOVL5 leads to fatty liver through activation of SREBP-1c in mice. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:412-23 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that reduced ELOVL5 activity leads to hepatic steatosis, and endogenously synthesized PUFAs are key regulators of SREBP-1c activation and fatty acid synthesis in livers of mice. ..