Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Topic: signal transduction
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Blundon J, Roy N, Teubner B, Yu J, Eom T, Sample K, et al. Restoring auditory cortex plasticity in adult mice by restricting thalamic adenosine signaling. Science. 2017;356:1352-1356 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, in adult mice, disrupting adenosine signaling in the thalamus rejuvenates plasticity in the auditory cortex and improves auditory perception. ..
- Zhu K, Debreceni B, Bi F, Zheng Y. Oligomerization of DH domain is essential for Dbl-induced transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:425-37 pubmed
- Cho M, Liu J, Pestina T, Steward S, Jackson C, Gartner T. AlphaIIbbeta3-mediated outside-in signaling induced by the agonist peptide LSARLAF utilizes ADP and thromboxane A2 receptors to cause alpha-granule secretion by platelets. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:363-73 pubmed..The end point of the LSA-induced alphaIIbbeta3-mediated signaling characterized in this study is alpha-granule secretion, which provides the fibrinogen required for aggregation of washed platelets. ..
- Kimura H, Ng J, Curran T. Transient inhibition of the Hedgehog pathway in young mice causes permanent defects in bone structure. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:249-60 pubmed publisher..After drug removal, osteoblasts invaded the cartilage plate, mineralization occurred, and there was premature fusion of the growth plate resulting in permanent disruption of bone epiphyses. ..
- Llambi F, Moldoveanu T, Tait S, Bouchier Hayes L, Temirov J, McCormick L, et al. A unified model of mammalian BCL-2 protein family interactions at the mitochondria. Mol Cell. 2011;44:517-31 pubmed publisher..Further, MODE 2 sequestration prevents mitochondrial fusion. We provide a unified model of BCL-2 family function that helps to explain otherwise paradoxical observations relating to MOMP, apoptosis, and mitochondrial dynamics. ..
- Shen Y, Li N, Wang J, Liu B, Lester S, Li K. TRIM56 is an essential component of the TLR3 antiviral signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36404-13 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate TRIM56 is an essential component of the TLR3 antiviral signaling pathway and reveal a novel role for TRIM56 in innate antiviral immunity. ..
- Rana R, CARROLL C, Lee H, Bao J, Marada S, Grace C, et al. Structural insights into the role of the Smoothened cysteine-rich domain in Hedgehog signalling. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2965 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight a function of the Smo CRD, demonstrating its role in binding to small-molecule modulators. ..
- Treanor L, Zhou S, Janke L, Churchman M, Ma Z, Lu T, et al. Interleukin-7 receptor mutants initiate early T cell precursor leukemia in murine thymocyte progenitors with multipotent potential. J Exp Med. 2014;211:701-13 pubmed publisher..This new murine model recapitulates several important cellular and molecular features of ETP-ALL and should be useful to further define novel therapeutic approaches for this aggressive leukemia. ..
- Liu F, Niu Q, Fan X, Liu C, Zhang J, Wei Z, et al. Priming and Activation of Inflammasome by Canarypox Virus Vector ALVAC via the cGAS/IFI16-STING-Type I IFN Pathway and AIM2 Sensor. J Immunol. 2017;199:3293-3305 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study identifies the AIM2 inflammasome and cGAS/IFI16-STING-type I IFN pathway as a novel mechanism for host innate immunity to the ALVAC vaccine vector. ..
- Grassme H, Jekle A, Riehle A, Schwarz H, Berger J, Sandhoff K, et al. CD95 signaling via ceramide-rich membrane rafts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20589-96 pubmed..The data suggest CD95-mediated clustering by ceramide is prerequisite for signaling and death. ..
- Keshvara L, Benhayon D, Magdaleno S, Curran T. Identification of reelin-induced sites of tyrosyl phosphorylation on disabled 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16008-14 pubmed..Here we report that, although Src can phosphorylate all five tyrosines in vitro, Tyr(198) and Tyr(220) represent the major sites of Reelin-induced Dab1 phosphorylation in embryonic neurons. ..
- Pestina T, Jackson C. Differential role of Stat5 isoforms in effecting hematopoietic recovery induced by Mpl-ligand in lethally myelosuppressed mice. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:1198-205 pubmed..Our studies differentiate the functions of Stat5 isoforms in hematopoietic stress and reveal a pivotal role of Stat5b in Mpl-L-induced hematopoietic recovery in this lethal myelosuppression model. ..
- Kundumani Sridharan V, Wang D, Karpurapu M, Liu Z, Zhang C, Dronadula N, et al. Suppression of activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-5B signaling in the vessel wall reduces balloon injury-induced neointima formation. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1381-94 pubmed..These observations indicate that STAT-5B plays an important role in PDGF-BB-induced VSMC growth and motility in vitro and balloon injury-induced neointima formation in vivo. ..
- Liu X, Thangavel M, Sun S, Kaminsky J, Mahautmr P, Stitham J, et al. Adenylyl cyclase type 6 overexpression selectively enhances beta-adrenergic and prostacyclin receptor-mediated inhibition of cardiac fibroblast function because of colocalization in lipid rafts. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2008;377:359-69 pubmed..AC6 is completely compartmentized in lipid raft domains where it is activated solely by coresident G protein-coupled receptors to regulate cardiac fibroblast function. ..
- Guy C, Vignali D. Organization of proximal signal initiation at the TCR:CD3 complex. Immunol Rev. 2009;232:7-21 pubmed publisher..Rather than simply signal initiation, individual ITAMs may also be responsible for the differential recruitment of signaling and regulatory molecules which ultimately affects T-cell development, activation and differentiation. ..
- Liu X, Alli R, Steeves M, Nguyen P, Vogel P, Geiger T. The T cell response to IL-10 alters cellular dynamics and paradoxically promotes central nervous system autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2012;189:669-78 pubmed publisher..Lineage-restricted, disease-promoting activities of IL-10 should be considered in the therapeutic manipulation of the IL-10 pathway. ..
- Teitz T, Wei T, Valentine M, Vanin E, Grenet J, Valentine V, et al. Caspase 8 is deleted or silenced preferentially in childhood neuroblastomas with amplification of MYCN. Nat Med. 2000;6:529-35 pubmed..Thus, caspase 8 acts as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastomas with amplification of MYCN. ..
- Carpino N, Thierfelder W, Chang M, Saris C, Turner S, Ziegler S, et al. Absence of an essential role for thymic stromal lymphopoietin receptor in murine B-cell development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2584-92 pubmed..Mice deficient in Jak3 exhibit a SCID phenotype but harbor a residual B220+ splenic lymphocyte population. We demonstrate here that this residual lymphocyte population is lost in mice lacking both the gamma-like chain and Jak3. ..
- Kaur S, Wang F, Venkatraman M, Arsura M. X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) inhibits c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 (JNK1) activation by transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF-beta1) through ubiquitin-mediated proteosomal degradation of the TGF-beta1-activated kinase 1 (TAK1). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38599-608 pubmed
- Liu Z, Owen T, Zhang L, Zuo J. Dynamic expression pattern of Sonic hedgehog in developing cochlear spiral ganglion neurons. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1674-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this Shh(CreEGFP/+) mouse is a useful Cre line in which to delete floxed genes specifically in spiral ganglion neurons of the developing cochlea. ..
- Kasper L, Lerach S, Wang J, Wu S, Jeevan T, Brindle P. CBP/p300 double null cells reveal effect of coactivator level and diversity on CREB transactivation. EMBO J. 2010;29:3660-72 pubmed publisher..This model suggests how gene expression patterns could be tuned by altering coactivator availability rather than by changing signal input or transcription factor levels. ..
- Pfeffer L, Yang C, Pfeffer S, Murti A, McCormack S, Johnson L. Inhibition of ornithine decarboxylase induces STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation and DNA binding in IEC-6 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C331-5 pubmed..STAT3 activation upon inhibition of ODC was accompanied by the activation of a STAT3-dependent reporter construct. Moreover, prolonged polyamine depletion resulted in downregulation of cellular STAT3 levels...
- Xiao J, Gong S, LeDoux M. Caytaxin deficiency disrupts signaling pathways in cerebellar cortex. Neuroscience. 2007;144:439-61 pubmed..Caytaxin may also contribute to maturational events in cerebellar cortex. ..
- Wang D, Liu Z, Li Q, Karpurapu M, Kundumani Sridharan V, Cao H, et al. An essential role for gp130 in neointima formation following arterial injury. Circ Res. 2007;100:807-16 pubmed..Together, these observations for the first time suggest that IL-6/gp130/STAT-3 signaling plays an important role in vascular wall remodeling particularly in the settings of postangioplasty and thereby in neointima formation. ..
- Ostrom R, Liu X. Detergent and detergent-free methods to define lipid rafts and caveolae. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;400:459-68 pubmed..The advantages and disadvantages of the respective approaches are discussed. Taken together, these methods are useful for defining the role of lipid rafts and caveolae in cell signaling. ..
- Martinez J, Almendinger J, Oberst A, Ness R, Dillon C, Fitzgerald P, et al. Microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 alpha (LC3)-associated phagocytosis is required for the efficient clearance of dead cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17396-401 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the consequence of phagocytosis of dead cells is strongly affected by those components of the autophagy pathway involved in LAP...
- Clements W, Traver D. Signalling pathways that control vertebrate haematopoietic stem cell specification. Nat Rev Immunol. 2013;13:336-48 pubmed publisher..Here, we review current knowledge of the intraembryonic signals required for the specification of HSCs in vertebrates...
- Bari R, Bell T, Leung W, Vong Q, Chan W, Das Gupta N, et al. Significant functional heterogeneity among KIR2DL1 alleles and a pivotal role of arginine 245. Blood. 2009;114:5182-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide novel insights into the molecular determinant of KIR2DL1 and conceivably a fundamental understanding of KIR2DL1 allelic polymorphism in human disease susceptibility, transplant outcome, and donor selection. ..
- Wang Y, Ong S, Chai S, Chen T. Role of CAR and PXR in xenobiotic sensing and metabolism. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2012;8:803-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, more efforts will be needed to validate PXR and CAR as disease-related therapeutic targets and thus expand their roles as master xenobiotic sensors. ..
- Adebiyi A, Soni H, John T, Yang F. Lipid rafts are required for signal transduction by angiotensin II receptor type 1 in neonatal glomerular mesangial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2014;324:92-104 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate [Ca(2+)]i-dependent proliferative effect of ANG-II and highlight a critical role for lipid raft microdomains in AGTR1-mediated signal transduction in neonatal GMCs. ..
- Zhang B, Zheng Y. Negative regulation of Rho family GTPases Cdc42 and Rac2 by homodimer formation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25728-33 pubmed
- Beeser A, Cooper T. The dual-specificity protein phosphatase Yvh1p acts upstream of the protein kinase mck1p in promoting spore development in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:5219-24 pubmed
- Lee Y, Barnes D, Lindahl T, McKinnon P. Defective neurogenesis resulting from DNA ligase IV deficiency requires Atm. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2576-80 pubmed..Therefore, ATM could be important for preventing accumulation of DNA-damaged cells in the nervous system that might eventually lead to the neurodegeneration observed in ataxia telangiectasia. ..
- Nakajima H, Brindle P, Handa M, Ihle J. Functional interaction of STAT5 and nuclear receptor co-repressor SMRT: implications in negative regulation of STAT5-dependent transcription. EMBO J. 2001;20:6836-44 pubmed..Together, these findings illuminate the potential role of SMRT in down-regulating STAT5 activity, with a consequent reduction of STAT5 target gene expression. ..
- Ostrom R, Bundey R, Insel P. Nitric oxide inhibition of adenylyl cyclase type 6 activity is dependent upon lipid rafts and caveolin signaling complexes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19846-53 pubmed..Thus co-localization of multiple signaling components in lipid rafts provides key spatial regulation of AC activity. ..
- Easton J, Houghton P. Therapeutic potential of target of rapamycin inhibitors. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2004;8:551-64 pubmed
- Sanjuan M, Dillon C, Tait S, Moshiach S, Dorsey F, Connell S, et al. Toll-like receptor signalling in macrophages links the autophagy pathway to phagocytosis. Nature. 2007;450:1253-7 pubmed
- Zmijewski M, Slominski A. CRF1 receptor splicing in epidermal keratinocytes: potential biological role and environmental regulations. J Cell Physiol. 2009;218:593-602 pubmed publisher..We suggest that alternative splicing of CRF1 may play an important role in the regulation of skin cell phenotype with potential implications in pathology. ..
- Collison L, Vignali D. Interleukin-35: odd one out or part of the family?. Immunol Rev. 2008;226:248-62 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how the opposing characteristics of the IL-12 family siblings may help to promote a balanced immune response. ..
- Williams K, Steinle J. Maintenance of beta-adrenergic receptor signaling can reduce Fas signaling in human retinal endothelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:448-55 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that maintaining beta-adrenergic receptor signaling in diabetic-like conditions may be protective for the retina. ..
- Potula H, Wang D, Quyen D, Singh N, Kundumani Sridharan V, Karpurapu M, et al. Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31142-55 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that 15-LOX1-15(S)-HETE axis plays a major role in vascular wall remodeling after balloon angioplasty. ..
- Scroggs R. Up-regulation of low-threshold tetrodotoxin-resistant Na+ current via activation of a cyclic AMP/protein kinase A pathway in nociceptor-like rat dorsal root ganglion cells. Neuroscience. 2011;186:13-20 pubmed publisher..Inflammatory mediators may simultaneously up-regulate Na(V)1.8 and Na(V)1.9 channels in the same nociceptor via a AC/PKA signaling pathway, increasing nociceptor signaling strength, and lowering nociceptor threshold, respectively. ..
- Gruber T, Larson Gedman A, Zhang J, Koss C, Marada S, Ta H, et al. An Inv(16)(p13.3q24.3)-encoded CBFA2T3-GLIS2 fusion protein defines an aggressive subtype of pediatric acute megakaryoblastic leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:683-97 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that expression of CBFA2T3-GLIS2 directly contributes to leukemogenesis...
- Poole N, Nyindodo Ogari L, Kramer C, Coons L, Cole J. Effects of tick saliva on the migratory and invasive activity of Saos-2 osteosarcoma and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2013;4:120-7 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the mechanisms ticks have evolved to regulate the wound healing response have generalized effects on the migratory and invasive activities of metastatic cancer cells...
- Liu Z, Liu Z, Walters B, Owen T, Kopan R, Zuo J. In vivo visualization of Notch1 proteolysis reveals the heterogeneity of Notch1 signaling activity in the mouse cochlea. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64903 pubmed publisher..Such heterogeneity should elucidate how the development of the cochclear sensory epithelium is precisely controlled and how HC regeneration can be best achieved in postnatal cochleae...
- Yeo S, Yoon J, Yi A. Myeloid differentiation factor 88-dependent post-transcriptional regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression by CpG DNA: tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor-associated factor 6, a diverging point in the Toll-like receptor 9-signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40590-600 pubmed
- Conley M, Rohrer J, Rapalus L, Boylin E, Minegishi Y. Defects in early B-cell development: comparing the consequences of abnormalities in pre-BCR signaling in the human and the mouse. Immunol Rev. 2000;178:75-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that requirements for signaling through the pre-BCR are more stringent in the human compared to the mouse. Possible explanations for this observation are discussed. ..
- Gao S, Scott R. Stable overexpression of specific segments of the P2P-R protein in human MCF-7 cells promotes camptothecin-induced apoptosis. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:445-52 pubmed..Therefore, P2P-R-promoted apoptosis induced by camptothecin may be influenced by such interactions. ..
- Rosch J, Mann B, Thornton J, Sublett J, Tuomanen E. Convergence of regulatory networks on the pilus locus of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3187-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of pili appears to have become integrated into the regulatory circuits for lung-specific invasion by pneumococci. ..
- Rao R. Oxidative stress-induced disruption of epithelial and endothelial tight junctions. Front Biosci. 2008;13:7210-26 pubmed
- Panjala S, Jiang Y, Kern T, Thomas S, Steinle J. Increased tumor necrosis factor-?, cleaved caspase 3 levels and insulin receptor substrate-1 phosphorylation in the ??-adrenergic receptor knockout mouse. Mol Vis. 2011;17:1822-8 pubmed..Since many of these same changes are observed in the diabetic retina, these data support that novel ?-adrenergic receptor agents may provide additional avenues for therapeutics. ..
- Dai B, David V, Martin A, Huang J, Li H, Jiao Y, et al. A comparative transcriptome analysis identifying FGF23 regulated genes in the kidney of a mouse CKD model. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44161 pubmed publisher..These gene products provide a possible mechanistic links between elevated FGF23 and pathways responsible for renal failure progression and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- McCoy F, Darbandi R, Lee H, Bharatham K, Moldoveanu T, Grace C, et al. Metabolic activation of CaMKII by coenzyme A. Mol Cell. 2013;52:325-39 pubmed publisher..laevis oocytes but also in Murine oocytes. These findings uncover a direct mechanism of CaMKII regulation by metabolism and further highlight the importance of metabolism in preserving oocyte viability. ..
- Li S, Zhang P, Freibaum B, Kim N, Kolaitis R, Molliex A, et al. Genetic interaction of hnRNPA2B1 and DNAJB6 in a Drosophila model of multisystem proteinopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:936-50 pubmed publisher..These results indicate both genetic and physical interactions between disease-linked RBPs and DNAJB6/mrj, suggesting etiologic overlap between the pathogenesis of hIBM and LGMD initiated by mutations in hnRNPA2B1 and DNAJB6. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Yin J, Winborn C, Zhang Q, Yue J, Chaum E. Prominin-1 Is a Novel Regulator of Autophagy in the Human Retinal Pigment Epithelium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2366-2387 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Prom1 plays a key role in the regulation of autophagy via upstream suppression of mTOR signaling and also acting as a component of a macromolecular scaffold involving p62 and HDAC6. ..
- Inoue K, Zindy F, Randle D, Rehg J, Sherr C. Dmp1 is haplo-insufficient for tumor suppression and modifies the frequencies of Arf and p53 mutations in Myc-induced lymphomas. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2934-9 pubmed
- Krishnamurthy P, Ross D, Nakanishi T, Bailey Dell K, Zhou S, Mercer K, et al. The stem cell marker Bcrp/ABCG2 enhances hypoxic cell survival through interactions with heme. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24218-25 pubmed..Our findings have implications for the survival of stem cells and tumor cells in hypoxic environments...
- Deng W, Shuyu E, Tsukahara R, Valentine W, Durgam G, Gududuru V, et al. The lysophosphatidic acid type 2 receptor is required for protection against radiation-induced intestinal injury. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1834-51 pubmed..Our data indicate that OTP is a highly effective antiapoptotic agent that engages similar prosurvival pathways to LPA through the LPA(2) receptor subtype. ..
- Cheranov S, Karpurapu M, Wang D, Zhang B, Venema R, Rao G. An essential role for SRC-activated STAT-3 in 14,15-EET-induced VEGF expression and angiogenesis. Blood. 2008;111:5581-91 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated VEGF expression is a major mechanism of 14,15-EET-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Herr M, Kotha J, Hagedorn N, Smith B, Jennings L. Tetraspanin CD9 promotes the invasive phenotype of human fibrosarcoma cells via upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67766 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies provide mounting evidence that altered expression of CD9 may be a novel approach to regulate tumor cell progression. ..
- Zhu Q, Kanneganti T. Cutting Edge: Distinct Regulatory Mechanisms Control Proinflammatory Cytokines IL-18 and IL-1?. J Immunol. 2017;198:4210-4215 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a fundamental difference in IL-18 and IL-1? regulation and uncover novel mechanisms that are relevant to the inflammatory settings where these proinflammatory cytokines play a critical role. ..
- Gopal K, Saleme B, Al Batran R, Aburasayn H, Eshreif A, Ho K, et al. FoxO1 regulates myocardial glucose oxidation rates via transcriptional control of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 expression. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H479-H490 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we report here, for the first time, that FoxO1 inhibition increases glucose oxidation in the isolated working mouse heart. ..
- Slominski A, Pisarchik A, Tobin D, Mazurkiewicz J, Wortsman J. Differential expression of a cutaneous corticotropin-releasing hormone system. Endocrinology. 2004;145:941-50 pubmed publisher..The adnexal location of CRH-R2 suggests a role for the receptor in hair growth. The differential interspecies CRH signaling expression pattern probably reflects adaptation to species-specific skin function determinants...
- Fain J, Ihle J, Bahouth S. Stimulation of lipolysis but not of leptin release by growth hormone is abolished in adipose tissue from Stat5a and b knockout mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:201-5 pubmed..These results suggest that the lipolytic action of GH involves the Stat5 proteins while the insulin-like effects of GH on glucose metabolism and leptin release involve different mechanisms. ..
- Chen H, Fan M, Pfeffer L, Laribee R. The histone H3 lysine 56 acetylation pathway is regulated by target of rapamycin (TOR) signaling and functions directly in ribosomal RNA biogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:6534-46 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies identify a novel chromatin regulatory role for TOR signaling and support a specific function for H3K56ac in ribosomal DNA (rDNA) gene transcription and nascent rRNA processing essential for cell growth. ..
- Novak R, Henriques B, Charpentier E, Normark S, Tuomanen E. Emergence of vancomycin tolerance in Streptococcus pneumoniae. Nature. 1999;399:590-3 pubmed publisher..We conclude that broad antibiotic tolerance of S. pneumoniae has emerged in the community by a molecular mechanism that eliminates sensitivity to the current cornerstone of therapy, vancomycin...
- Gosmanov A, Wong J, Thomason D. Duality of G protein-coupled mechanisms for beta-adrenergic activation of NKCC activity in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C1025-32 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel, muscle phenotype-dependent mechanism for beta-AR-mediated NKCC activation that involves both G(s) and G(i) protein-coupled mechanisms. ..
- Krushkal J, Pistilli M, Ferrell K, Souret F, Weathers P. Computational analysis of the evolution of the structure and function of 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase, a key regulator of the mevalonate-independent pathway in plants. Gene. 2003;313:127-38 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first suggestion that DXS is located specifically in the chloroplast thylakoid. ..
- Huang S, Shu L, Easton J, Harwood F, Germain G, Ichijo H, et al. Inhibition of mammalian target of rapamycin activates apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 signaling by suppressing protein phosphatase 5 activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36490-6 pubmed..The findings suggest that in the absence of serum factors, mTOR signaling suppresses apoptosis through positive regulation of PP5 activity and suppression of cellular stress. ..
- He B, Liu L, Cook G, Grgurevich S, Jennings L, Zhang X. Tetraspanin CD82 attenuates cellular morphogenesis through down-regulating integrin alpha6-mediated cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3346-54 pubmed
- Shull E, Lee Y, Nakane H, Stracker T, Zhao J, Russell H, et al. Differential DNA damage signaling accounts for distinct neural apoptotic responses in ATLD and NBS. Genes Dev. 2009;23:171-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, DNA damage signaling in the nervous system is different between ATLD and NBS and likely explains their respective neuropathology...
- Basuroy S, Tcheranova D, Bhattacharya S, Leffler C, Parfenova H. Nox4 NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species, via endogenous carbon monoxide, promote survival of brain endothelial cells during TNF-?-induced apoptosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C256-65 pubmed publisher..The ability of CO to inhibit TNF-?-induced ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK activities in an Akt-dependent manner appears to be the key element in ROS-dependent survival of endothelial cells during TNF-?-mediated brain inflammatory disease...
- Zhang J, Mullighan C, Harvey R, Wu G, Chen X, Edmonson M, et al. Key pathways are frequently mutated in high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Blood. 2011;118:3080-7 pubmed publisher..These data extend the range of genes that are recurrently mutated in high-risk childhood B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia and highlight important new therapeutic targets for selected patient subsets. ..
- Atkinson J, Shelat A, Carcaboso A, Kranenburg T, Arnold L, Boulos N, et al. An integrated in vitro and in vivo high-throughput screen identifies treatment leads for ependymoma. Cancer Cell. 2011;20:384-99 pubmed publisher..g., 5-fluorouracil. Our comprehensive approach advances understanding of the biology and treatment of ependymoma including the discovery of several treatment leads for immediate clinical translation...
- Liu Y, Easton J, Shao Y, Maciaszek J, Wang Z, Wilkinson M, et al. The genomic landscape of pediatric and young adult T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1211-1218 pubmed publisher..This genomic landscape provides a logical framework for the development of faithful genetic models and new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Colamonici O, Domanski P, Sweitzer S, Larner A, Buller R. Vaccinia virus B18R gene encodes a type I interferon-binding protein that blocks interferon alpha transmembrane signaling. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15974-8 pubmed..Among viral host response modifiers, the B18R protein is unique inasmuch as it exists as a soluble extracellular as well as a cell surface protein and thus should effectively block both autocrine and paracrine functions of IFN. ..
- Holloway M, Bram R. Co-localization of calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand with intracellular calcium pools. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:16346-50 pubmed..Functionally, CAML overexpression was shown to deplete thapsigargin-sensitive intracellular Ca2+ pools. These data suggest that CAML may initiate Ca2+ signaling through activation of a capacitative Ca2+ influx pathway. ..
- Bakkenist C, Drissi R, Wu J, Kastan M, Dome J. Disappearance of the telomere dysfunction-induced stress response in fully senescent cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3748-52 pubmed
- Silva R, Thornton J, Martin A, Rehg J, Bertwistle D, Zindy F, et al. Arf-dependent regulation of Pdgf signaling in perivascular cells in the developing mouse eye. EMBO J. 2005;24:2803-14 pubmed..Instead of solely sensing excessive mitogenic stimuli, developmental cues induce Arf to block Pdgfrbeta-dependent signals and prevent the accumulation of perivascular cells selectively in a vascular bed destined to regress. ..
- Hacker H, Karin M. Regulation and function of IKK and IKK-related kinases. Sci STKE. 2006;2006:re13 pubmed..Together, the IKKs and IKK-related kinases are instrumental for activation of the host defense system. This Review focuses on the functions of IKK and IKK-related kinases and the molecular mechanisms that regulate their activities. ..
- Maclean K, Kastan M, Cleveland J. Atm deficiency affects both apoptosis and proliferation to augment Myc-induced lymphomagenesis. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:705-11 pubmed..Therefore, regulation of cell proliferation and p27(Kip1) seems to be a contributing mechanism by which Atm holds tumor formation in check. ..
- Chen L, Wang K, Shao Y, Huang J, Li X, Shan J, et al. Structural insight into the mechanisms of Wnt signaling antagonism by Dkk. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23364-70 pubmed publisher..Such differential binding affinity is likely to play an essential role in Dkk function in the canonical Wnt pathway. ..