Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Asson Batres M, Smith W. Localization of retinaldehyde dehydrogenases and retinoid binding proteins to sustentacular cells, glia, Bowman's gland cells, and stroma: potential sites of retinoic acid synthesis in the postnatal rat olfactory organ. J Comp Neurol. 2006;496:149-71 pubmed
- Barco R, Garcia C, EID J. The synovial sarcoma-associated SYT-SSX2 oncogene antagonizes the polycomb complex protein Bmi1. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5060 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanism by which the SYT-SSX2 chimera may contribute to synovial sarcoma pathogenesis...
- Miller E, Bugna J, Libster R, Shepherd B, Scalzo P, Acosta P, et al. Human rhinoviruses in severe respiratory disease in very low birth weight infants. Pediatrics. 2012;129:e60-7 pubmed publisher..Bronchopulmonary dysplasia and the absence of breastfeeding are risk factors for hospitalization. The results of our study reveal that HRV is the predominant pathogen of respiratory infections in premature infants. ..
- Coats S, Pabón Peña L, Covington J, Vaughan D. Ligand-specific control of src-suppressed C kinase substrate gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:1112-20 pubmed..In addition, ectopic expression of recombinant SSeCKS recapitulates attributes of NaB-induced morphogenesis in KNRK cells. The data provide novel evidence that SSeCKS functions in PDGF-BB-, LPA-, EPA-, and NaB-mediated cell signaling. ..
- Wang X, Herzog B, Waltner Law M, Hall R, Shiota M, Granner D. The synergistic effect of dexamethasone and all-trans-retinoic acid on hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression involves the coactivator p300. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34191-200 pubmed..The functional importance of p300 in the Dex/RA response is illustrated by the observation that selective reduction of this coactivator, but not that of CREB-binding protein, abolishes the synergistic effect in H4IIE cells. ..
- Geng Y, Hoke A, Delpire E. The Ste20 kinases Ste20-related proline-alanine-rich kinase and oxidative-stress response 1 regulate NKCC1 function in sensory neurons. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14020-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrates redundancy of kinases in the regulation of NKCC1 in dorsal root ganglion neurons. ..
- Wang X, Newkirk R, Carre W, Ghose P, Igobudia B, Townsel J, et al. Regulation of ANKRD9 expression by lipid metabolic perturbations. BMB Rep. 2009;42:568-73 pubmed..These findings point to the possibility that ANKRD9 is involved in intracellular lipid accumulation. [BMB reports 2009; 42(9): 568-573]. ..
- Kang L, Ayala J, Lee Young R, Zhang Z, James F, Neufer P, et al. Diet-induced muscle insulin resistance is associated with extracellular matrix remodeling and interaction with integrin alpha2beta1 in mice. Diabetes. 2011;60:416-26 pubmed publisher..Studies with itga2(-/-) mice provide mechanistic insight for this association by showing that the link between muscle IR and increased collagen can be uncoupled by the absence of collagen-integrin ?(2)?(1) interaction. ..
- Sehdev V, Peng D, Soutto M, Washington M, Revetta F, Ecsedy J, et al. The aurora kinase A inhibitor MLN8237 enhances cisplatin-induced cell death in esophageal adenocarcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:763-74 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, this study shows frequent overexpression of AURKA and suggests that MLN8237 could be an effective antitumor agent, which can be combined with cisplatin for a better therapeutic outcome in esophageal adenocarcinomas. ..
- Milatovic D, Yin Z, Gupta R, Sidoryk M, Albrecht J, Aschner J, et al. Manganese induces oxidative impairment in cultured rat astrocytes. Toxicol Sci. 2007;98:198-205 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that induction of oxidative stress, associated mitochondrial dysfunction, and alterations in GLN/glutamate cycling in astrocytes represent key mechanisms by which Mn exerts its neurotoxicity...
- Martin C, Bischof L, Bergman B, Hornbuckle L, Hilliker C, Frigeri C, et al. Cloning and characterization of the human and rat islet-specific glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit-related protein (IGRP) genes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25197-207 pubmed..The results provide a framework for the further analysis of the molecular basis for the tissue-restricted expression of the IGRP gene and the identification of key amino acid sequences that determine its biological activity. ..
- Menon R, Lombardi S, Fortunato S. IL-18, a product of choriodecidual cells, increases during premature rupture of membranes but fails to turn on the Fas-FasL-mediated apoptosis pathway. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2001;18:276-84 pubmed..IL-18 induced Fas expression in amniochorion; however, it failed to turn on other genes in the Fas-FasL apoptosis pathway including FasL and caspase 8. ..
- Apparsundaram S, Ferguson S, Blakely R. Molecular cloning and characterization of a murine hemicholinium-3-sensitive choline transporter. Biochem Soc Trans. 2001;29:711-6 pubmed..The availability of cloned, functional mCHT and its cognate genomic DNA should prove useful for studies of mCHT regulation and should open possibilities for evaluation of CHT dysfunction in murine models. ..
- Moseley C, Orenstein M, Phillips J. GH Gene Deletions and IGHD type IA. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2002;3:339-46 pubmed
- Andrews H, Zhang Y, Trotta N, Broadie K. Drosophila sec10 is required for hormone secretion but not general exocytosis or neurotransmission. Traffic. 2002;3:906-21 pubmed..We conclude that dSec10 has no detectable role in most forms of polarized trafficking/exocytosis, including neurotransmission, but rather is essential for endocrine secretion. ..
- Guan Y, Hao C, Cha D, Rao R, Lu W, Kohan D, et al. Thiazolidinediones expand body fluid volume through PPARgamma stimulation of ENaC-mediated renal salt absorption. Nat Med. 2005;11:861-6 pubmed..These studies identify Scnn1g as a PPARgamma target gene in the collecting duct. Activation of this pathway mediates fluid retention associated with TZDs, and suggests amiloride might provide a specific therapy. ..
- Roshon M, Ruley H. Hypomorphic mutation in hnRNP U results in post-implantation lethality. Transgenic Res. 2005;14:179-92 pubmed
- Ye C, Shu X, Wen W, Pierce L, Courtney R, Gao Y, et al. Quantitative analysis of mitochondrial DNA 4977-bp deletion in sporadic breast cancer and benign breast diseases. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;108:427-34 pubmed..These results do not support the notion that the mitochondrial DNA 4977-bp deletion plays a major role in breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Hamid R, Cogan J, Hedges L, Austin E, Phillips J, Newman J, et al. Penetrance of pulmonary arterial hypertension is modulated by the expression of normal BMPR2 allele. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:649-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study illustrates a novel application of lymphoblastoid cell lines in the study of PAH, especially important because the affected site, that is, the lung, is not available for unaffected mutation carriers. ..
- Gu Y, Lindner J, Kumar A, Yuan W, Magnuson M. Rictor/mTORC2 is essential for maintaining a balance between beta-cell proliferation and cell size. Diabetes. 2011;60:827-37 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of AKT-S473, by negatively regulating that of AKT-T308, is essential for maintaining a balance between ?-cell proliferation and cell size in response to proliferative stimuli. ..
- Lapierre L, Avant K, Caldwell C, Oztan A, Apodaca G, Knowles B, et al. Phosphorylation of Rab11-FIP2 regulates polarity in MDCK cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2302-18 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Ser-227 phosphorylation of Rab11-FIP2 regulates the composition of both adherens and tight junctions and is intimately involved in the regulation of polarity in epithelial cells. ..
- Peng D, Hu T, Schneider B, Chen Z, Xu Z, El Rifai W. Silencing of glutathione peroxidase 3 through DNA hypermethylation is associated with lymph node metastasis in gastric carcinomas. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46214 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the dysfunction of GPX3 in gastric cancer is mediated by genetic and epigenetic alterations, suggesting impairment of mechanisms that regulate ROS and its possible involvement in gastric tumorigenesis and metastasis. ..
- Merrill C, Riesgo Escovar J, Pitts R, Kafatos F, Carlson J, Zwiebel L. Visual arrestins in olfactory pathways of Drosophila and the malaria vector mosquito Anopheles gambiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:1633-8 pubmed
- Arquitt C, Boyd C, Wright J. Cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator gene (CFTR) is associated with abnormal enamel formation. J Dent Res. 2002;81:492-6 pubmed..05) in the CF mature enamel. Abnormal enamel mineralization, ion concentrations, and molecular evidence of cftr mRNA expression by odontogenic cells strongly suggest that CFTR plays an important role in enamel formation...
- Campbell D, Levitt P. Regionally restricted expression of the transcription factor c-myc intron 1 binding protein during brain development. J Comp Neurol. 2003;467:581-92 pubmed..5 to E14.5; N-myc was absent from the telencephalon by E15.5. The specificity and timing of mibp1 expression in the cerebral cortex suggests a role in maintaining a state of neuronal differentiation in the dorsal telencephalon. ..
- Tranguch S, Cheung Flynn J, Daikoku T, Prapapanich V, Cox M, Xie H, et al. Cochaperone immunophilin FKBP52 is critical to uterine receptivity for embryo implantation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14326-31 pubmed..Collectively, the present investigation provides evidence for an in vivo role for this cochaperone in regulating tissue-specific hormone action and its critical role in uterine receptivity for implantation. ..
- Eeds A, Hall L, Yadav M, Willis A, Summar S, Putnam A, et al. The frequent observation of evidence for nonsense-mediated decay in RNA from patients with carbamyl phosphate synthetase I deficiency. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;89:80-6 pubmed..This study provides evidence for the high prevalence of RNA instability mutations in genetic disease and underscores the importance of accounting for them in mutation-screening strategies...
- Müller I, Knapik E, Hatzopoulos A. Expression of the protein related to Dan and Cerberus gene--prdc--During eye, pharyngeal arch, somite, and swim bladder development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2881-8 pubmed..Moreover, the complexity of the prdc expression pattern suggests possible roles in eye development, pharyngeal arch remodeling, somitogenesis, and swim bladder organogenesis...
- Chung C, Ely K, McGavran L, Varella Garcia M, Parker J, Parker N, et al. Increased epidermal growth factor receptor gene copy number is associated with poor prognosis in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24:4170-6 pubmed..High EGFR gene copy number by FISH is frequent in HNSCC and is a poor prognostic indicator. Additional investigation is indicated to determine the biologic significance and implications for EGFR inhibitor therapies in HNSCC. ..
- Wu J, Lin X, Xie H. Porphyromonas gingivalis short fimbriae are regulated by a FimS/FimR two-component system. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;271:214-21 pubmed..Unlike the regulatory mechanism of FimA by FimR, this regulation of the mfa1 gene is accomplished by FimR directly binding to the promoter region of mfa1...
- Li H, McCormac M, Estes R, Sefers S, Dare R, Chappell J, et al. Simultaneous detection and high-throughput identification of a panel of RNA viruses causing respiratory tract infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2105-9 pubmed..The multiplex approach enhances diagnosis through detection of respiratory viral etiologic agents in cases in which the presence of the agent was not suspected and a test was not ordered by the clinicians. ..
- Asim M, Chaturvedi R, Hoge S, Lewis N, Singh K, Barry D, et al. Helicobacter pylori induces ERK-dependent formation of a phospho-c-Fos c-Jun activator protein-1 complex that causes apoptosis in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20343-57 pubmed publisher..A unique AP-1 complex in gastric macrophages contributes to the immune escape of H. pylori. ..
- Son D, Terranova P, Roby K. Interaction of adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate and tumor necrosis factor-alpha on serum amyloid A3 expression in mouse granulosa cells: dependence on CCAAT-enhancing binding protein-beta isoform. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3407-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, like TNF, SAA inhibited cAMP-induced estradiol accumulation and CYP19 levels. These data indicate SAA may play a role in events occurring during the ovulation process. ..
- Zhao A, Ohara Imaizumi M, Brissova M, Benninger R, Xu Y, Hao Y, et al. Gαo represses insulin secretion by reducing vesicular docking in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes. 2010;59:2522-9 pubmed publisher..Gαo is not required for endocrine islet cell differentiation, but it regulates the number of insulin vesicles docked on the β-cell membrane. ..
- Gao Q, Ma L, Gao X, Yan W, Williams P, Yin D. TLR4 mediates early graft failure after intraportal islet transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2010;10:1588-96 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of TLR4 activation represents a novel strategy to attenuate early graft failure following intraportal islet transplantation. ..
- Lindquist M, Lifland A, Utley T, Santangelo P, Crowe J. Respiratory syncytial virus induces host RNA stress granules to facilitate viral replication. J Virol. 2010;84:12274-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RSV induces a host stress granule response and preferentially replicates in host cells that have committed to a stress response. ..
- Blackwell T, Hipps A, Yamamoto Y, Han W, Barham W, Ostrowski M, et al. NF-?B signaling in fetal lung macrophages disrupts airway morphogenesis. J Immunol. 2011;187:2740-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that fetal lung macrophage activation contributes to bronchopulmonary dysplasia by generating a localized inflammatory response that disrupts developmental signals critical for lung formation. ..
- Geng F, Tansey W. Similar temporal and spatial recruitment of native 19S and 20S proteasome subunits to transcriptionally active chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:6060-5 pubmed publisher..We also find that proteasome subunits are enriched at telomeres and at genes transcribed by RNA polymerase III. Our data suggest that the transcriptionally relevant form of the proteasome is the canonical 26S complex. ..
- Gaddy J, Radin J, Loh J, Zhang F, Washington M, Peek R, et al. High dietary salt intake exacerbates Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric carcinogenesis. Infect Immun. 2013;81:2258-67 pubmed publisher..Animals infected with the cagA mutant strain had low levels of gastric inflammation and did not develop hypochlorhydria. These results indicate that a high-salt diet potentiates the carcinogenic effects of cagA(+) H. pylori strains. ..
- Shattuck Brandt R, Varilek G, Radhika A, Yang F, Washington M, DuBois R. Cyclooxygenase 2 expression is increased in the stroma of colon carcinomas from IL-10(-/-) mice. Gastroenterology. 2000;118:337-45 pubmed..These results indicate that COX-2 is expressed very early in the pathogenesis of colitis-associated tumors, and that the expression pattern is similar to that seen in tumors from azoxymethane-treated and Min/+ mice. ..
- Melo A, R tzler M, Pitts R, Zwiebel L. Identification of a chemosensory receptor from the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti, that is highly conserved and expressed in olfactory and gustatory organs. Chem Senses. 2004;29:403-10 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with a role for AaOr7 in olfaction and gustation supporting the hypothesis that AaOr7 and its orthologs may be of general importance to chemosensory processes throughout the lifetime of an insect...
- Wang H, Guo Y, Wang D, Kingsley P, Marnett L, Das S, et al. Aberrant cannabinoid signaling impairs oviductal transport of embryos. Nat Med. 2004;10:1074-80 pubmed..Besides uncovering a new regulatory mechanism, this study could be clinically relevant to ectopic pregnancy. ..
- Smith L, Petrie M, Morrow J, Oates J, Vaughan D. The sterol response element binding protein regulates cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression in endothelial cells. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:862-71 pubmed
- Mazei Robison M, Couch R, Shelton R, Stein M, Blakely R. Sequence variation in the human dopamine transporter gene in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:724-36 pubmed..Interestingly, the A559V variant was previously identified in a subject with bipolar disorder [. Molecular Psychiatry 5, 275], a psychiatric disorder that has a significant number of overlapping symptoms with ADHD. ..
- Cha Y, Takahashi S, Wright C. Cooperative non-cell and cell autonomous regulation of Nodal gene expression and signaling by Lefty/Antivin and Brachyury in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2006;290:246-64 pubmed..Our experiments reveal a two-level suppressive mechanism for restricting the level, range, and duration of Xnr signaling via extracellular inhibition by Xatv/Xlefty coupled with potent indirect transcriptional repression by Xbra. ..
- Bonnin A, Peng W, Hewlett W, Levitt P. Expression mapping of 5-HT1 serotonin receptor subtypes during fetal and early postnatal mouse forebrain development. Neuroscience. 2006;141:781-94 pubmed..Moreover, all members of the 5-HT1 receptor class are strongly and transiently expressed in the embryonic dorsal thalamus, which suggests a potential role for serotonin in early thalamic development. ..
- Carmosino M, Brooks H, Cai Q, Davis L, Opalenik S, Hao C, et al. Axial heterogeneity of vasopressin-receptor subtypes along the human and mouse collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F351-60 pubmed..These findings further suggest distinct regulation of renal transport function by AVP through V1a and V2 receptors in the cortex vs. the medulla. ..
- Jin R, Lho Y, Connelly L, Wang Y, Yu X, Saint Jean L, et al. The nuclear factor-kappaB pathway controls the progression of prostate cancer to androgen-independent growth. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6762-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the NF-kappaB pathway may be a potential target for therapy against androgen-independent prostate cancer. ..
- Sappington R, Sidorova T, Long D, Calkins D. TRPV1: contribution to retinal ganglion cell apoptosis and increased intracellular Ca2+ with exposure to hydrostatic pressure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:717-28 pubmed publisher..RGC apoptosis induced by elevated hydrostatic pressure arises substantially through TRPV1, likely through the influx of extracellular Ca(2+). ..
- Meng S, Ryu S, Zhao B, Zhang D, Driever W, McMahon D. Targeting retinal dopaminergic neurons in tyrosine hydroxylase-driven green fluorescent protein transgenic zebrafish. Mol Vis. 2008;14:2475-83 pubmed..This transgenic line provides a useful tool for studying retinal dopaminergic cells in the zebrafish. ..
- Wang Z, Yang H, Ramesh A, Roberts L, Zhou L, Lin X, et al. Overexpression of Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase and/or catalase accelerates benzo(a)pyrene detoxification by upregulation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor in mouse endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;47:1221-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that overexpression of Cu/Zn-SOD and/or catalase is associated with upregulation of AhR and its target genes, such as xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang J, Pope C, Crawford L, Vasavada R, Jagasia S, et al. Gestational diabetes mellitus resulting from impaired beta-cell compensation in the absence of FoxM1, a novel downstream effector of placental lactogen. Diabetes. 2010;59:143-52 pubmed publisher..In the absence of increased beta-cell proliferation, neogenesis is induced in postpartum FoxM1(Deltapanc) pancreata. Our results suggest that FoxM1 functions downstream of PL to mediate its effects on beta-cell proliferation. ..
- Ali S, Williams J, Chen Q, Faouri S, Faori S, Shehabi A, et al. Human metapneumovirus in hospitalized children in Amman, Jordan. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1012-6 pubmed publisher..Longer surveillance studies are needed to better understand the seasonal epidemiology of HMPV and to assess if co-infection with HMPV and RSV leads to more severe illness...
- Beckham J, Wilmink G, Opalenik S, Mackanos M, Abraham A, Takahashi K, et al. Microarray analysis of cellular thermotolerance. Lasers Surg Med. 2010;42:752-65 pubmed publisher..5-fold under these conditions despite its role in thermotolerance. The data herein presents genetic pathways which are candidates for further study of pretreatment protocols in laser irradiation. ..
- Erdoğan B, Facey C, Qualtieri J, Tedesco J, Rinker E, Isett R, et al. Diagnostic microRNAs in myelodysplastic syndrome. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:915-926.e2 pubmed publisher..Our data utilize both discovery and validation sets and two complementary platforms to identify miRNAs associated with MDS. We have analyzed predicted targets and identified c-Myb and Sufu as potential diagnostic markers of MDS. ..
- Yang Y, Thorel F, Boyer D, Herrera P, Wright C. Context-specific ?- to-?-cell reprogramming by forced Pdx1 expression. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1680-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Pdx1 can work single-handedly as a potent context-dependent autonomous reprogramming agent, and suggest a postnatal differentiation evaluation stage involved in normal endocrine maturation. ..
- Miller E, Gebretsadik T, Carroll K, Dupont W, Mohamed Y, Morin L, et al. Viral etiologies of infant bronchiolitis, croup and upper respiratory illness during 4 consecutive years. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013;32:950-5 pubmed publisher..Demographic differences were observed between patients with different viruses, suggesting that host and viral factors play a role in phenotypic expression of viral illness. ..
- Saad R, Chen Z, Zhu S, Jia P, Zhao Z, Washington M, et al. Deciphering the unique microRNA signature in human esophageal adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64463 pubmed publisher..This may provide some clues for the distinct molecular features of EAC to be considered in future studies of the role of miRNAs in EAC and their utility as disease biomarkers. ..
- Farrow M, Chumbler N, Lapierre L, Franklin J, Rutherford S, Goldenring J, et al. Clostridium difficile toxin B-induced necrosis is mediated by the host epithelial cell NADPH oxidase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18674-9 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of DPI and NAC provides proof of concept that chemical attenuation of ROS could serve as a viable strategy for protecting the colonic mucosa of patients with CDI...
- Kaikita K, Schoenhard J, Painter C, Ripley R, Brown N, Fogo A, et al. Potential roles of plasminogen activator system in coronary vascular remodeling induced by long-term nitric oxide synthase inhibition. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2002;34:617-27 pubmed..While PAI-1 deficiency protects against L -NAME-induced hypertension and perivascular fibrosis, t-PA deficiency does not exacerbate the vascular pathology or hypertension. ..
- Ha K, Chen Y, Cai J, Sternberg P. Increased glutathione synthesis through an ARE-Nrf2-dependent pathway by zinc in the RPE: implication for protection against oxidative stress. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2709-15 pubmed..Induction of the ARE-Nrf2 pathway by zinc provides powerful and prolonged antioxidation and detoxification that may explain the beneficial effects of zinc observed in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). ..
- Halder S, Cho Y, Datta A, Anumanthan G, Ham A, Carbone D, et al. Elucidating the mechanism of regulation of transforming growth factor ? Type II receptor expression in human lung cancer cell lines. Neoplasia. 2011;13:912-22 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism for the downregulation of T?RII in lung cancer and that TGF-? tumor suppressor functions may be restored by HDIs in lung cancer patients with the loss of T?RII expression. ..
- Wilson A, Liu A, ROLAND J, Adebayo O, Fletcher S, Slaughter J, et al. TR3 modulates platinum resistance in ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4758-69 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have described a treatment strategy aimed at overcoming platinum resistance by targeting TR3. ..
- Dai C, Krantz S. Increased expression of the INK4a/ARF locus in polycythemia vera. Blood. 2001;97:3424-32 pubmed..Further work to delineate the function of these genes in PV is in progress. (Blood. 2001;97:3424-3432) ..
- Atkinson R, Coenen K, Plummer M, Gruen M, Hasty A. Macrophage-derived apolipoprotein E ameliorates dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis in obese apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E284-90 pubmed
- Ghosh A, Akech J, Mukherjee S, Das S. Differential expression of cholinephosphotransferase in normal and cancerous human mammary epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:1043-8 pubmed..Biochemical approach also reveals a 1.5-fold stimulation in CPT activity in 11-9-14 cells compared to that of the MCF-12A cells. ..
- Brockway S, Denison M. Mutagenesis of the murine hepatitis virus nsp1-coding region identifies residues important for protein processing, viral RNA synthesis, and viral replication. Virology. 2005;340:209-23 pubmed..This study identifies nsp1 residues important for protein processing, viral RNA synthesis, and viral replication. ..
- Saraswati S, Alfaro M, Thorne C, Atkinson J, Lee E, Young P. Pyrvinium, a potent small molecule Wnt inhibitor, promotes wound repair and post-MI cardiac remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15521 pubmed publisher..These results need to be further followed-up to determine if therapeutic inhibition of canonical Wnt may avert adverse remodeling after ischemic injury and its impact on myocardial repair and regeneration. ..
- Luan J, Furuta Y, Du J, Richmond A. Developmental expression of two CXC chemokines, MIP-2 and KC, and their receptors. Cytokine. 2001;14:253-63 pubmed..These data suggest that the roles for these chemokines and their receptors during development may be more significant than was initially thought based upon the phenotype of the mice with targeted deletion of CXCR2 and Duffy. ..
- Trotta N, Orso G, Rossetto M, Daga A, Broadie K. The hereditary spastic paraplegia gene, spastin, regulates microtubule stability to modulate synaptic structure and function. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1135-47 pubmed..The role of Spastin in regulating neuronal microtubule stability suggests therapeutic targets for HSP treatment and may provide insight into neurological disorders linked to microtubule dysfunction. ..
- Nicoud I, Jones C, Pierce J, Earl T, Matrisian L, Chari R, et al. Warm hepatic ischemia-reperfusion promotes growth of colorectal carcinoma micrometastases in mouse liver via matrix metalloproteinase-9 induction. Cancer Res. 2007;67:2720-8 pubmed
- Klemenc J, Asad Ali S, Johnson M, Tollefson S, Talbot H, Hartert T, et al. Real-time reverse transcriptase PCR assay for improved detection of human metapneumovirus. J Clin Virol. 2012;54:371-5 pubmed publisher..We report a modified real-time RT-PCR assay for HMPV that detects all genetic lineages with high sensitivity. ..
- Schneider C, Boeglin W, Brash A. Human cyclo-oxygenase-1 and an alternative splice variant: contrasts in expression of mRNA, protein and catalytic activities. Biochem J. 2005;385:57-64 pubmed..We conclude that, whereas the mRNA transcript for the spliced COX-1 is present in various human tissues, the corresponding protein is either not formed or subject to rapid proteolytic degradation. ..
- Sinha Roy S, Mukherjee S, Kabir S, Rajaratnam V, Smith M, Das S. Inhibition of cholinephosphotransferase activity in lung injury induced by 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfide, a mustard analog. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2005;19:289-97 pubmed..CEES induced ceramide accumulation may thus play an important role in the development of ARDS by modulating CPT enzyme. ..
- Qu S, Rinehart C, Wu H, Wang S, Carter B, Xin H, et al. Gene targeting of ErbB3 using a Cre-mediated unidirectional DNA inversion strategy. Genesis. 2006;44:477-86 pubmed..Unidirectional DNA inversion by in vivo recombination is an effective strategy for targeted or ubiquitous gene knockout. ..
- Sinha Roy S, Mukhopadhyay S, Mukherjee S, Das S. Breast cancer is associated with an increase in the activity and expression of cholinephosphotransferase in rats. Life Sci. 2008;83:661-5 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that increased CPT activity and expression is associated with DMBA-induced breast cancer development. ..
- Humphreys R, Zheng W, Prince L, Qu X, Brown C, Loomes K, et al. Cranial neural crest ablation of Jagged1 recapitulates the craniofacial phenotype of Alagille syndrome patients. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1374-83 pubmed publisher..Future studies will investigate the mechanism in which Jagged1 acts in a cell autonomous and cell non-autonomous manner...
- Belkhiri A, Dar A, Peng D, Razvi M, Rinehart C, Arteaga C, et al. Expression of t-DARPP mediates trastuzumab resistance in breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4564-71 pubmed publisher..This association may play a role in regulating ERBB2 protein in trastuzumab-resistant cells. We conclude that t-DARPP is a novel molecular target that can mediate the therapeutic resistance to trastuzumab in breast cancer cells. ..
- Peng D, Razvi M, Chen H, Washington K, Roessner A, Schneider Stock R, et al. DNA hypermethylation regulates the expression of members of the Mu-class glutathione S-transferases and glutathione peroxidases in Barrett's adenocarcinoma. Gut. 2009;58:5-15 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic inactivation of members of the glutathione pathway can be an important mechanism in Barrett's tumourigenesis. ..
- Ooms L, Kobayashi T, Dermody T, Chappell J. A post-entry step in the mammalian orthoreovirus replication cycle is a determinant of cell tropism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41604-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, reovirus cell tropism may be determined at early and late points in the viral replication program. ..
- Olivares Villagómez D, Algood H, Singh K, Parekh V, Ryan K, Piazuelo M, et al. Intestinal epithelial cells modulate CD4 T cell responses via the thymus leukemia antigen. J Immunol. 2011;187:4051-60 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results provide evidence for an important interaction between IEC and CD4(+) T cells via TL, which modulates mucosal immune responses. ..
- Luka Z, Cerone R, Phillips J, Mudd H, Wagner C. Mutations in human glycine N-methyltransferase give insights into its role in methionine metabolism. Hum Genet. 2002;110:68-74 pubmed..Restriction enzyme analysis of panels of diverse DNA samples indicates that these mutations are not attributable to a common polymorphism. ..
- Venarske D, Busse W, Griffin M, Gebretsadik T, Shintani A, Minton P, et al. The relationship of rhinovirus-associated asthma hospitalizations with inhaled corticosteroids and smoking. J Infect Dis. 2006;193:1536-43 pubmed
- Canter J, Haas D, Kallianpur A, Ritchie M, Robbins G, Shafer R, et al. The mitochondrial pharmacogenomics of haplogroup T: MTND2*LHON4917G and antiretroviral therapy-associated peripheral neuropathy. Pharmacogenomics J. 2008;8:71-7 pubmed..5 (95% CI 1.6-18.7) P<0.01). When 4917G individuals were excluded from the analysis, the association with 4216C was no longer seen. The mitochondrial 4917G polymorphism may increase susceptibility to NRTI-associated PN. ..
- Krishnan M, Singh A, Smith J, Sharma A, Chen X, Eschrich S, et al. HDAC inhibitors regulate claudin-1 expression in colon cancer cells through modulation of mRNA stability. Oncogene. 2010;29:305-12 pubmed publisher..As HDAC inhibitors are considered to be promising anticancer drugs, these new findings will have implications in both laboratory and clinical settings. ..
- Andl C, McCowan K, Allison G, Rustgi A. Cathepsin B is the driving force of esophageal cell invasion in a fibroblast-dependent manner. Neoplasia. 2010;12:485-98 pubmed..These results suggest that the interplay between the epithelial compartment and the surrounding microenvironment is crucial to invasion into the extracellular matrix. ..
- Glaeser H, Bailey D, Dresser G, Gregor J, Schwarz U, McGrath J, et al. Intestinal drug transporter expression and the impact of grapefruit juice in humans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;81:362-70 pubmed..Although short-term grapefruit juice ingestion was associated with reduced fexofenadine availability, OATP1A2 or MDR1 expression was unaffected...