Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Domanski P, Yan H, Witte M, Krolewski J, Colamonici O. Homodimerization and intermolecular tyrosine phosphorylation of the Tyk-2 tyrosine kinase. FEBS Lett. 1995;374:317-22 pubmed..The formation of the Tyk-2 homodimer is independent of both tyrosine phosphorylation and the presence of the tyrosine kinase domain. ..
- Deng W, Balazs L, Wang D, Van Middlesworth L, Tigyi G, Johnson L. Lysophosphatidic acid protects and rescues intestinal epithelial cells from radiation- and chemotherapy-induced apoptosis. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:206-16 pubmed..3) LPA protects enterocytes against radiation-induced apoptosis. This study suggests that in patients undergoing cancer therapy, dietary LPA might have therapeutically useful antiapoptotic capacity in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Huang S, Shu L, Dilling M, Easton J, Harwood F, Ichijo H, et al. Sustained activation of the JNK cascade and rapamycin-induced apoptosis are suppressed by p53/p21(Cip1). Mol Cell. 2003;11:1491-501 pubmed..These results suggest that inhibition of mTOR triggers a potentially lethal response that is prevented only in cells expressing p21(Cip1). ..
- Bhattacharya S, Ray R, Johnson L. Role of polyamines in p53-dependent apoptosis of intestinal epithelial cells. Cell Signal. 2009;21:509-22 pubmed publisher..In contrast, phosphorylation and stabilization of p53 in response to DNA-damage lead to apoptosis, which indicates different roles of p53 during DNA damage and polyamine depletion. ..
- Zhai X, Leo M, Jaggar J. Endothelin-1 Stimulates Vasoconstriction Through Rab11A Serine 177 Phosphorylation. Circ Res. 2017;121:650-661 pubmed publisher..We describe a unique mechanism by which a vasoconstrictor inhibits BK channels and identify Rab11A serine 177 as a modulator of arterial contractility. ..
- Witthuhn B, Quelle F, Silvennoinen O, Yi T, Tang B, Miura O, et al. JAK2 associates with the erythropoietin receptor and is tyrosine phosphorylated and activated following stimulation with erythropoietin. Cell. 1993;74:227-36 pubmed..The results support the hypothesis that JAK2 is the kinase that couples EPO binding to tyrosine phosphorylation and mitogenesis. ..
- Diehl J, Cheng M, Roussel M, Sherr C. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta regulates cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3499-511 pubmed..Therefore, phosphorylation and proteolytic turnover of cyclin D1 and its subcellular localization during the cell division cycle are linked through the action of GSK-3beta. ..
- Kamijo T, van de Kamp E, Chong M, Zindy F, Diehl J, Sherr C, et al. Loss of the ARF tumor suppressor reverses premature replicative arrest but not radiation hypersensitivity arising from disabled atm function. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2464-9 pubmed..Therefore, whereas ARF and Atm signal to p53 through distinct pathways, the loss of ARF can modify p53-dependent features of the Atm-null phenotype. ..
- Bakkenist C, Kastan M. DNA damage activates ATM through intermolecular autophosphorylation and dimer dissociation. Nature. 2003;421:499-506 pubmed
- Morrison R, Tan X, Ledent C, Mustafa S, Hofmann P. Targeted deletion of A2A adenosine receptors attenuates the protective effects of myocardial postconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2523-9 pubmed..These observations support the conclusion that endogenous activation of A(2A) adenosine receptors is an essential trigger leading to the protective effects of POC in isolated murine hearts. ..
- Jiang Y, Pagadala J, Miller D, Steinle J. Reduced insulin receptor signaling in retinal Müller cells cultured in high glucose. Mol Vis. 2013;19:804-11 pubmed..Taken together, ?-adrenergic receptor agonists may protect retinal Müller cells through maintenance of normal insulin receptor signaling. ..
- Ahn J, Li X, Davis H, Canman C. Phosphorylation of threonine 68 promotes oligomerization and autophosphorylation of the Chk2 protein kinase via the forkhead-associated domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19389-95 pubmed..Oligomerization of Chk2 may therefore increase the efficiency of trans-autophosphorylation resulting in the release of active Chk2 monomers that proceed to enforce checkpoint control in irradiated cells. ..
- Keshvara L, Magdaleno S, Benhayon D, Curran T. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 phosphorylates disabled 1 independently of Reelin signaling. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4869-77 pubmed..Although the functional significance of Dab1 serine phosphorylation is unclear, our results suggest that there is biochemical cross-talk between two signaling pathways that control cell positioning. ..
- Yuan X, Desiderio D. Proteomics analysis of phosphotyrosyl-proteins in human lumbar cerebrospinal fluid. J Proteome Res. 2003;2:476-87 pubmed
- Li C, Roy K, Dandridge K, Naren A. Molecular assembly of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24673-84 pubmed..Our studies provide a deeper understanding of how the CFTR assembly takes place in native cell membrane. ..
- Rajashree R, Blunt B, Hofmann P. Modulation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit and protein phosphatase 1 in the heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H1736-43 pubmed
- Jiang M, Zhu K, Grenet J, Lahti J. Retinoic acid induces caspase-8 transcription via phospho-CREB and increases apoptotic responses to death stimuli in neuroblastoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1055-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, RA treatment in conjunction with TNFalpha and/or subsets of cytotoxic agents may have therapeutic benefits. ..
- Chava K, Karpurapu M, Wang D, Bhanoori M, Kundumani Sridharan V, Zhang Q, et al. CREB-mediated IL-6 expression is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:809-15 pubmed publisher..The above results suggest a role for 15-LOX2-15-HETE in the regulation of VSMC migration and neointima formation involving CREB-mediated IL-6 expression. ..
- Zeng F, Dong H, Cui J, Liu L, Chen T. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 regulates PAX3-FKHR-mediated cell proliferation in human alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1049-55 pubmed publisher..These findings support a novel mechanism of PAX3-FKHR regulation by GSK3 and provide a novel strategy to develop GSK inhibitors as anti-ARMS therapies...
- Kim S, Xu B, Kastan M. Involvement of the cohesin protein, Smc1, in Atm-dependent and independent responses to DNA damage. Genes Dev. 2002;16:560-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Smc1 participates in cellular responses to DNA damage and link Smc1 to the Atm signal transduction pathway. ..
- Dronadula N, Liu Z, Wang C, Cao H, Rao G. STAT-3-dependent cytosolic phospholipase A2 expression is required for thrombin-induced vascular smooth muscle cell motility. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3112-20 pubmed..Together, these results show that thrombin-induced VSMC motility requires STAT-3-dependent induction of expression of cPLA(2). ..
- Wang Y, Tomar A, George S, Khurana S. Obligatory role for phospholipase C-gamma(1) in villin-induced epithelial cell migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1775-86 pubmed..These results demonstrate that villin provides an important link between the activation of phosphoinositide signal transduction pathway and epithelial cell migration. ..
- Qiao R, Weissmann F, Yamaguchi M, Brown N, VanderLinden R, Imre R, et al. Mechanism of APC/CCDC20 activation by mitotic phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2570-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal how APC/C phosphorylation enables CDC20 to bind and activate the APC/C in mitosis. ..
- Matsuoka M, Kato J, Fisher R, Morgan D, Sherr C. Activation of cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (cdk4) by mouse MO15-associated kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7265-75 pubmed
- Hirai H, Sherr C. Interaction of D-type cyclins with a novel myb-like transcription factor, DMP1. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6457-67 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that cyclin D-dependent kinases regulate gene expression in an RB independent manner, thereby serving to link other genetic programs to the cell cycle clock. ..
- Wang H, Xie Z, Scott R. JunD phosphorylation, and expression of AP-1 DNA binding activity modulated by serum growth factors in quiescent murine 3T3T cells. Oncogene. 1996;13:2639-47 pubmed..These include induction of a transient increase in JunD phosphorylation, repression of JunD AP-1 DNA binding activity and downregulation of JunD expression. ..
- Homayouni R, Rice D, Sheldon M, Curran T. Disabled-1 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of amyloid precursor-like protein 1. J Neurosci. 1999;19:7507-15 pubmed..Dab1 and APLP1 are expressed in similar cell populations in developing and adult brain tissue. These results suggest that Dab1 may function, at least in part, through association with APLP1 in the brain. ..
- Ghosh S, Gadiparthi L, Zeng Z, Bhanoori M, Tellez C, Bar Eli M, et al. ATF-1 mediates protease-activated receptor-1 but not receptor tyrosine kinase-induced DNA synthesis in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21325-31 pubmed
- Rao R, Basuroy S, Rao V, Karnaky K, Gupta A. Tyrosine phosphorylation and dissociation of occludin-ZO-1 and E-cadherin-beta-catenin complexes from the cytoskeleton by oxidative stress. Biochem J. 2002;368:471-81 pubmed..These results show that oxidative stress induces tyrosine phosphorylation and cellular redistribution of occludin-ZO-1 and E-cadherin-beta-catenin complexes by a tyrosine-kinase-dependent mechanism. ..
- Zeng Z, Yellaturu C, Neeli I, Rao G. 5(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid stimulates DNA synthesis in human microvascular endothelial cells via activation of Jak/STAT and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling, leading to induction of expression of basic fibroblast growth factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41213-9 pubmed..These findings also reveal a cross-talk between Jak-2 and PI3-kinase in response to 5(S)-HETE in HMVEC. ..
- Neeli I, Yellaturu C, Rao G. Arachidonic acid activation of translation initiation signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:755-61 pubmed..Thus, the above observations provide the first biochemical evidence for the role of AA in the activation of translation initiation signaling in VSMC. ..
- Kitagawa R, Bakkenist C, McKinnon P, Kastan M. Phosphorylation of SMC1 is a critical downstream event in the ATM-NBS1-BRCA1 pathway. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1423-38 pubmed..These observations suggest that many of the abnormal stress responses seen in cells lacking ATM, NBS1, or BRCA1 result from a failure of ATM migration to sites of DNA breaks and a resultant lack of SMC1 phosphorylation. ..
- Gardner L, Tavalin S, Goehring A, Scott J, Bahouth S. AKAP79-mediated targeting of the cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase to the beta1-adrenergic receptor promotes recycling and functional resensitization of the receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33537-53 pubmed..Thus, AKAP79 provides PKA to phosphorylate the beta(1)-AR and thereby dictate the recycling and resensitization itineraries of the beta(1)-AR. ..
- Kumar N, Mishra J, Narang V, Waters C. Janus kinase 3 regulates interleukin 2-induced mucosal wound repair through tyrosine phosphorylation of villin. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30341-5 pubmed..The present study demonstrates a novel pathway in intestinal enterocytes in which IL-2 enhances intestinal wound repair through mechanisms involving Jak3 and its interactions with villin. ..
- Wang Y, Srinivasan K, Siddiqui M, George S, Tomar A, Khurana S. A novel role for villin in intestinal epithelial cell survival and homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9454-64 pubmed publisher..The results of our studies shed new light on the previously unrecognized function of villin in the regulation of apoptosis in the gastrointestinal epithelium. ..
- Williams K, Steinle J. Maintenance of beta-adrenergic receptor signaling can reduce Fas signaling in human retinal endothelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:448-55 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that maintaining beta-adrenergic receptor signaling in diabetic-like conditions may be protective for the retina. ..
- Jiang Y, Walker R, Steinle J. Age-associated increase in cleaved caspase 3 despite phosphorylation of IGF-1 receptor in the rat retina. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009;64:1154-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that regulation of IRS-1 phosphorylation may modulate apoptotic rates in the aging retina, potentially preventing activation of vascular endothelial cell growth factor. ..
- Fouladi M, Stewart C, Blaney S, Onar Thomas A, Schaiquevich P, Packer R, et al. Phase I trial of lapatinib in children with refractory CNS malignancies: a Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium study. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:4221-7 pubmed publisher..Lapatinib is well tolerated in children with recurrent CNS malignancies, with rash, diarrhea, and fatigue identified as DLTs. The recommended phase II dose, regardless of steroid use, is 900 mg/m(2) twice daily. ..
- Siddiqi S, Mansbach C. Phosphorylation of Sar1b protein releases liver fatty acid-binding protein from multiprotein complex in intestinal cytosol enabling it to bind to endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and bud the pre-chylomicron transport vesicle. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10178-88 pubmed publisher..We conclude that phosphorylation of Sar1b disrupts the FABP1-containing four-membered 75-kDa protein complex in cytosol enabling it to bind to the ER and generate PCTV. ..
- Punchihewa C, Inoue A, Hishiki A, Fujikawa Y, Connelly M, Evison B, et al. Identification of small molecule proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) inhibitor that disrupts interactions with PIP-box proteins and inhibits DNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14289-300 pubmed publisher..When cells were treated with a combination of cisplatin and T2AA, a significant increase in phospho(Ser(139))histone H2AX induction and cell growth inhibition was observed. ..
- Gurung P, Fan G, Lukens J, Vogel P, Tonks N, Kanneganti T. Tyrosine Kinase SYK Licenses MyD88 Adaptor Protein to Instigate IL-1?-Mediated Inflammatory Disease. Immunity. 2017;46:635-648 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies identify SHP1 and SYK crosstalk as a critical regulator of MyD88 post-translational modifications and IL-1-driven inflammation. ..
- Rao R, Clayton L. Regulation of protein phosphatase 2A by hydrogen peroxide and glutathionylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:610-6 pubmed..These results indicate that PP2A activity can be regulated by glutathionylation, and that H(2)O(2) inhibits PP2A in Caco-2 cells, which may involve glutathionylation of PP2A. ..
- Zbytek B, Wortsman J, Slominski A. Characterization of a ultraviolet B-induced corticotropin-releasing hormone-proopiomelanocortin system in human melanocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2539-47 pubmed..In conclusion, UVB induces CRH production in human melanocytes through stimulation of the protein kinase A pathway, with sequential involvement of CRH-CRH receptor 1 in the stimulation of POMC expression. ..
- Quelle F, Thierfelder W, Witthuhn B, Tang B, Cohen S, Ihle J. Phosphorylation and activation of the DNA binding activity of purified Stat1 by the Janus protein-tyrosine kinases and the epidermal growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:20775-80 pubmed..However, immune complex-purified epidermal growth factor receptor was capable of phosphorylating purified Stat1 at Tyr701 and activating its DNA binding activity in in vitro reactions. ..
- Parganas E, Wang D, Stravopodis D, Topham D, Marine J, Teglund S, et al. Jak2 is essential for signaling through a variety of cytokine receptors. Cell. 1998;93:385-95 pubmed..Therefore, Jak2 plays a critical, nonredundant role in the function of a specific group of cytokines receptors. ..
- Trembley J, Hu D, Hsu L, Yeung C, Slaughter C, Lahti J, et al. PITSLRE p110 protein kinases associate with transcription complexes and affect their activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2589-96 pubmed..Together, these data strongly suggest that PITSLRE protein kinases participate in a signaling pathway that potentially regulates or links transcription and RNA processing events. ..
- Gosmanov A, Nordtvedt N, Brown R, Thomason D. Exercise effects on muscle beta-adrenergic signaling for MAPK-dependent NKCC activity are rapid and persistent. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;93:1457-65 pubmed..This Akt activation was unaffected by isoproterenol. These results indicate an immediate and persistent exercise adaptation of the signal pathways that participate in the control of potassium transport. ..
- Arsura M, Panta G, Bilyeu J, Cavin L, Sovak M, Oliver A, et al. Transient activation of NF-kappaB through a TAK1/IKK kinase pathway by TGF-beta1 inhibits AP-1/SMAD signaling and apoptosis: implications in liver tumor formation. Oncogene. 2003;22:412-25 pubmed..Overall, our data illustrate an autocrine mechanism based on the ability of IKK/NF-kappaB/IkappaB-alpha signaling to negatively regulate NF-kappaB levels thereby permitting TGF-beta1-induced apoptosis through AP-1 activity. ..
- Robbins B, Wilcox C, Fridland A, Rodman J. Metabolism of tenofovir and didanosine in quiescent or stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Pharmacotherapy. 2003;23:695-701 pubmed..This suggests that adjusting didanosine dosage, when given with tenofovir, to achieve similar didanosine plasma concentrations, may be sufficient to accommodate the systemic drug interaction. ..
- Cheranov S, Karpurapu M, Wang D, Zhang B, Venema R, Rao G. An essential role for SRC-activated STAT-3 in 14,15-EET-induced VEGF expression and angiogenesis. Blood. 2008;111:5581-91 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated VEGF expression is a major mechanism of 14,15-EET-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Chaum E, Johnson D, Johnson L. Age-related susceptibility to apoptosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells is triggered by disruption of p53-Mdm2 association. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:8350-66 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that aging in the RPE leads to alterations of specific checkpoints in the apoptotic pathway, which may represent important molecular targets for the treatment of RPE-related aging disorders such as AMD. ..
- Samak G, Gangwar R, Crosby L, Desai L, Wilhelm K, Waters C, et al. Cyclic stretch disrupts apical junctional complexes in Caco-2 cell monolayers by a JNK-2-, c-Src-, and MLCK-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2014;306:G947-58 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, phospho-c-Src colocalizes with the actin at the apical region of cells. This study demonstrates that cyclic stretch disrupts tight junctions and adherens junctions by a JNK2, c-Src, and MLCK-dependent mechanism. ..
- Tomimatsu N, Mukherjee B, Harris J, Boffo F, Hardebeck M, Potts P, et al. DNA-damage-induced degradation of EXO1 exonuclease limits DNA end resection to ensure accurate DNA repair. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10779-10790 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the coupling of EXO1 activation with its eventual degradation is a timing mechanism that limits the extent of DNA end resection for accurate DNA repair. ..
- Takada M, Zhang W, Suzuki A, Kuroda T, Yu Z, Inuzuka H, et al. FBW7 Loss Promotes Chromosomal Instability and Tumorigenesis via Cyclin E1/CDK2-Mediated Phosphorylation of CENP-A. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4881-4893 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results revealed a pathway that cyclin E1/CDK2 activation coupled with FBW7 loss promotes CIN and tumor progression via CENP-A-mediated centromere dysfunction. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4881-93. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Tang D, Gururajan R, Kidd V. Phosphorylation of PITSLRE p110 isoforms accompanies their processing by caspases during Fas-mediated cell death. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:16601-7 pubmed
- Sexl V, Diehl J, Sherr C, Ashmun R, Beach D, Roussel M. A rate limiting function of cdc25A for S phase entry inversely correlates with tyrosine dephosphorylation of Cdk2. Oncogene. 1999;18:573-82 pubmed..At face value, these results are inconsistent with the hypothesis that cdc25A acts directly on cdk2 to activate its S phase promoting function. ..
- Zhai L, Zhao P, Panebra A, Guerrerio A, Khurana S. Tyrosine phosphorylation of villin regulates the organization of the actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36163-7 pubmed..These observations suggest a role for tyrosine phosphorylation in modulating the microvillar cytoskeleton in vivo by villin in response to specific physiological stimuli. ..
- Yellaturu C, Rao G. Cytosolic phospholipase A2 is an effector of Jak/STAT signaling and is involved in platelet-derived growth factor BB-induced growth in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9986-92 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that induction of expression of cPLA(2) and arachidonic acid release are involved in VSMC growth in response to PDGF-BB and that these events are mediated by Jak-2-dependent STAT-3 activation. ..
- Ramaswamy G, Karim M, Murti K, Jackowski S. PPARalpha controls the intracellular coenzyme A concentration via regulation of PANK1alpha gene expression. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:17-31 pubmed
- Fujiwara Y, Sebök A, Meakin S, Kobayashi T, Murakami Murofushi K, Tigyi G. Cyclic phosphatidic acid elicits neurotrophin-like actions in embryonic hippocampal neurons. J Neurochem. 2003;87:1272-83 pubmed..cPA-elicited ERK activation was blocked by K252a and PKI. These results suggest that cPA mimics the effects of, and activates signaling pathways similar to, the neurotrophin NGF in cultured embryonic hippocampal neurons and B5P cells. ..
- Yang C, Murti A, Baker S, Frangou Lazaridis M, Vartapetian A, Murti K, et al. Interferon induces the interaction of prothymosin-alpha with STAT3 and results in the nuclear translocation of the complex. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:197-206 pubmed
- Gingras S, Parganas E, de Pauw A, Ihle J, Murray P. Re-examination of the role of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) in the regulation of toll-like receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54702-7 pubmed..We conclude that previous reports linking SOCS1 to TLR signaling are most likely due to effects on IFN-alpha/beta receptor signaling. ..
- Valentine W, Fujiwara Y, Tsukahara R, Tigyi G. Lysophospholipid signaling: beyond the EDGs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:597-605 pubmed..quot; Our observations raise caution about the lack of LPA responsiveness in these cells and underline the unprecedented complexity and redundancy of lysophospholipid-evoked cellular responses. ..
- Harwood F, Shu L, Houghton P. mTORC1 signaling can regulate growth factor activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases through protein phosphatase 2A. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2575-85 pubmed..These results indicate complex regulation of p44/42 by phosphatases downstream of mTORC1. This suggests a model in which mTORC1 modulates the phosphorylation of Thr(202) on p44/42 MAPKs through direct or indirect regulation of PP2Ac. ..
- Rao R. Occludin phosphorylation in regulation of epithelial tight junctions. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1165:62-8 pubmed publisher..It is likely that occludin plays a regulatory role in tight junctions rather than a role in the de novo assembly of tight junctions. ..
- Joo J, Dorsey F, Joshi A, Hennessy Walters K, Rose K, McCastlain K, et al. Hsp90-Cdc37 chaperone complex regulates Ulk1- and Atg13-mediated mitophagy. Mol Cell. 2011;43:572-85 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a direct pathway that integrates Ulk1- and Atg13-directed mitophagy with the stress response coordinated by Hsp90 and Cdc37. ..
- Jiang Y, Biswas S, Steinle J. Serine 307 on insulin receptor substrate 1 is required for SOCS3 and TNF-Î± signaling in the rMC-1 cell line. Mol Vis. 2014;20:1463-70 pubmed..The demonstration that a single phosphorylation site is key for these pathways suggests that drugs targeted to this site might be effective in protecting against diabetic damage to the retina. ..
- Nicoll J, Fry A, Galpin A, Thomason D, Moore C. Resting MAPK expression in chronically trained endurance runners. Eur J Sport Sci. 2017;17:1194-1202 pubmed publisher..These alterations are likely involved in the different physiological adaptations that occur following long-term training or at highly competitive levels. ..
- Feng J, Witthuhn B, Matsuda T, Kohlhuber F, Kerr I, Ihle J. Activation of Jak2 catalytic activity requires phosphorylation of Y1007 in the kinase activation loop. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2497-501 pubmed..The results demonstrate the critical role of phosphorylation of Y1007 in Jak2 regulation and function. ..
- Cai C, Lothstein L, Morrison R, Hofmann P. Protection from doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy using the modified anthracycline N-benzyladriamycin-14-valerate (AD 198). J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;335:223-30 pubmed publisher..Thus Dox, with well established and efficient antitumor protocols, in combination with low levels of AD 198, to counter anthracycline cardiotoxicity, may be a promising next step in chemotherapy. ..
- Keshvara L, Benhayon D, Magdaleno S, Curran T. Identification of reelin-induced sites of tyrosyl phosphorylation on disabled 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16008-14 pubmed..Here we report that, although Src can phosphorylate all five tyrosines in vitro, Tyr(198) and Tyr(220) represent the major sites of Reelin-induced Dab1 phosphorylation in embryonic neurons. ..
- Vaidya R, Ray R, Johnson L. Akt-mediated GSK-3beta inhibition prevents migration of polyamine-depleted intestinal epithelial cells via Rac1. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:2871-9 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that sustained activation of Akt in response to polyamine depletion inhibits migration through GSK-3beta and Rac1. ..
- Panjala S, Thomas S, Steinle J. Effects of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) receptor signaling on rates of apoptosis in retina of dopamine beta hydroxylase (Dbh-/-) knockout mice. Auton Neurosci. 2010;152:21-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that alterations in adrenergic receptor signaling modulate IGF-1 receptor signaling, which can regulate apoptosis in the retina. ..
- ..Their data suggest that SYK inhibition may be an effective therapy for a significant proportion of AMLs. ..
- Roberts K, Morin R, Zhang J, Hirst M, Zhao Y, Su X, et al. Genetic alterations activating kinase and cytokine receptor signaling in high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:153-66 pubmed publisher..Importantly, several of these alterations induce transformation that is attenuated with tyrosine kinase inhibitors, suggesting the treatment outcome of these patients may be improved with targeted therapy. ..
- Johnson M, Johns D, Fridland A. 2',3'-Dideoxynucleoside phosphorylation by deoxycytidine kinase from normal human thymus extracts: activation of potential drugs for AIDS therapy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1987;148:1252-8 pubmed..Thus, dideoxynucleosides are activated by deoxycytidine kinase through a different catalytic interaction than occurs in 5'-activation of 3'-hydroxynucleosides by this enzyme. ..
- Pfeffer L, Mullersman J, Pfeffer S, Murti A, Shi W, Yang C. STAT3 as an adapter to couple phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase to the IFNAR1 chain of the type I interferon receptor. Science. 1997;276:1418-20 pubmed..Thus, STAT3 acts as an adapter to couple another signaling pathway to the interferon receptor. ..
- Solomon S, Buss N, Shull J, Monnier S, Majumdar G, Wu J, et al. Proteome of H-411E (liver) cells exposed to insulin and tumor necrosis factor-alpha: analysis of proteins involved in insulin resistance. J Lab Clin Med. 2005;145:275-83 pubmed..Although one cannot detail the mechanism or mechanisms of TNF-alpha induced IR from this data alone, it is easy to relate all of these proteins to a role in insulin signal transduction and, hence, insulin resistance. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Ray R, Johnson L. Decreased apoptosis in polyamine depleted IEC-6 cells depends on Akt-mediated NF-kappaB activation but not GSK3beta activity. Apoptosis. 2005;10:759-76 pubmed..These data indicate that Akt regulates the mitochondrial pathway, preventing activation of caspase-9 and thereby caspase-3 via NF-kappaB and these effects are independent of GSK-3beta activity. ..
- Pu Q, Chang Y, Zhang C, Cai Y, Hassid A. Chronic insulin treatment suppresses PTP1B function, induces increased PDGF signaling, and amplifies neointima formation in the balloon-injured rat artery. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H132-9 pubmed publisher..These observations support the hypothesis that hyperinsulinemia induces the suppression of PTP1B function, leading to enhanced PDGFR signaling and neointimal hyperplasia. ..
- McCoy F, Darbandi R, Lee H, Bharatham K, Moldoveanu T, Grace C, et al. Metabolic activation of CaMKII by coenzyme A. Mol Cell. 2013;52:325-39 pubmed publisher..laevis oocytes but also in Murine oocytes. These findings uncover a direct mechanism of CaMKII regulation by metabolism and further highlight the importance of metabolism in preserving oocyte viability. ..
- Han X, Budreau A, Chesney R. Ser-322 is a critical site for PKC regulation of the MDCK cell taurine transporter (pNCT). J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999;10:1874-9 pubmed..The steady-state taurine transporter activity is tightly controlled by endogenous PKC phosphorylation of Ser-322, which is located in the fourth intracellular segment of the taurine transporter. ..
- Kim S, Lim D, Canman C, Kastan M. Substrate specificities and identification of putative substrates of ATM kinase family members. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:37538-43 pubmed..Brca2, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and DNA-5B peptides were phosphorylated specifically by ATR, and DNA Ligase IV is a specific in vitro substrate of DNA-PK. ..
- Zhou Y, Thomason D, Gullberg D, Jarrett H. Binding of laminin alpha1-chain LG4-5 domain to alpha-dystroglycan causes tyrosine phosphorylation of syntrophin to initiate Rac1 signaling. Biochemistry. 2006;45:2042-52 pubmed..Syntrophin, tyrosine phosphate, beta-dystroglycan, and Rac1 all co-localize to the sarcolemma of rat muscle sections. A model for how this phosphorylation may initiate downstream events in laminin signaling is presented. ..
- Ray R, Li C, Bhattacharya S, Naren A, Johnson L. Spermine, a molecular switch regulating EGFR, integrin ?3, Src, and FAK scaffolding. Cell Signal. 2012;24:931-42 pubmed publisher..The activation of FAK induced Rho-GTPases and subsequently migration. This is the first study to define mechanistically how polyamines modulate Src function at the molecular level...