Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: nuclear proteins
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Kirsten J, Xiong Y, Dunbar A, Rai M, Singleton C. Ammonium transporter C of Dictyostelium discoideum is required for correct prestalk gene expression and for regulating the choice between slug migration and culmination. Dev Biol. 2005;287:146-56 pubmed..The results suggest that the lack of nuclear translocation of STATa results from low cAMP due to a misregulated and overactive DhkC phosphorelay in the amtC null strain. ..
- Lee S, Han J, Leeper L, Gruver J, Chung C. Regulation of the formation and trafficking of vesicles from Golgi by PCH family proteins during chemotaxis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1199-209 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that interaction of WASP with NLP/SLP is required for the formation and trafficking of vesicles from Golgi to the membrane, which might play a central role in the establishment of cell polarity during chemotaxis...
- Alcendor D, Knobel S, Desai P, Zhu W, Vigil H, Hayward G. KSHV downregulation of galectin-3 in Kaposi's sarcoma. Glycobiology. 2010;20:521-32 pubmed publisher..The contribution of host factors to the pathogenesis of KS is essential for early detection and development of innovative therapies for treatment. ..
- Nagamine C, Nishioka Y, Moriwaki K, Boursot P, Bonhomme F, Lau Y. The musculus-type Y chromosome of the laboratory mouse is of Asian origin. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:84-91 pubmed
- Ch ng J, Ibrahim B. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms modulate creatine kinase expression during differentiation of osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2336-41 pubmed..L. C., Shoemaker, D. L., Schimmel, P., and Holmes, E.W. (1990) Science 248, 1003-1006). The physiological roles of these regulatory mechanisms during osteoblast differentiation are discussed. ..
- Nagamine C, Carlisle C. The dominant white spotting oncogene allele Kit(W-42J) exacerbates XY(DOM) sex reversal. Development. 1996;122:3597-605 pubmed..We propose that Kit(W-42J) enhances sex reversal by adversely affecting a critical step in testis differentiation that is downstream of Sry. ..
- Hanlon M, Sealy L. Ras regulates the association of serum response factor and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14224-8 pubmed..These results suggest a new mechanism by which mitogenic signals may influence transcription activity of the SRE by selectively promoting protein-protein interactions between SRF and the transactivator p35-C/EBPbeta. ..
- Herbig U, Marlar C, Fanning E. The Cdc6 nucleotide-binding site regulates its activity in DNA replication in human cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2631-45 pubmed..Microinjection of either mutant protein into human cells in G1 inhibited DNA replication, suggesting that ATP binding and hydrolysis by HsCdc6 are essential for DNA replication. ..
- Gerrish K, Gannon M, Shih D, Henderson E, Stoffel M, Wright C, et al. Pancreatic beta cell-specific transcription of the pdx-1 gene. The role of conserved upstream control regions and their hepatic nuclear factor 3beta sites. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3485-92 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that the conserved sequences represented by areas I and II define the binding sites for factors such as HNF3beta, which control islet beta cell-selective expression of the pdx-1 gene. ..
- Cortez D, Glick G, Elledge S. Minichromosome maintenance proteins are direct targets of the ATM and ATR checkpoint kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10078-83 pubmed..Thus, the MCM complex is a platform for multiple DNA damage-dependent regulatory signals that control DNA replication. ..
- Ye C, Shrubsole M, Cai Q, Ness R, Grady W, Smalley W, et al. Promoter methylation status of the MGMT, hMLH1, and CDKN2A/p16 genes in non-neoplastic mucosa of patients with and without colorectal adenomas. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:429-35 pubmed..The methylation status of these genes in rectal mucosa biopsies detected by MSP assays may not distinguish between patients with and without adenomas in the colon. ..
- Singleton C, Kirsten J, Dinsmore C. Function of ammonium transporter A in the initiation of culmination of development in Dictyostelium discoideum. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:991-6 pubmed..These findings lead to the proposal that AmtA functions in ammonia sensing as an activator of the DhkC phosphorelay in response to perceived high ammonia levels. ..
- Terry L, Wente S. Nuclear mRNA export requires specific FG nucleoporins for translocation through the nuclear pore complex. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1121-32 pubmed..These results pinpoint distinct steps in the mRNA export mechanism that regulate NPC translocation efficiency. ..
- Nozaki K, Ogawa M, Williams J, Lafleur B, Ng V, Drapkin R, et al. A molecular signature of gastric metaplasia arising in response to acute parietal cell loss. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:511-22 pubmed publisher..We now sought to characterize more definitively the pathway for emergence of SPEM...
- Boyd A, Shakhtour B, Shyr Y. Minichromosome maintenance protein expression in benign nevi, dysplastic nevi, melanoma, and cutaneous melanoma metastases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008;58:750-4 pubmed publisher..Further evaluation of this expression may prove useful in delineating the biologic behavior of these tumors and warrants additional research. ..
- Zhao X, Madden Fuentes R, Lou B, Pipas J, Gerhardt J, Rigell C, et al. Ataxia telangiectasia-mutated damage-signaling kinase- and proteasome-dependent destruction of Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 subunits in Simian virus 40-infected primate cells. J Virol. 2008;82:5316-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicate that SV40 infection manipulates host DNA damage-signaling to reprogram the cell for viral replication, perhaps through mechanisms related to host recovery from DNA damage...
- Kume T. Foxc2 transcription factor: a newly described regulator of angiogenesis. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2008;18:224-8 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes current knowledge about the function of Foxc2 in angiogenesis and discusses prospects for future research in Foxc2-mediated pathologic angiogenesis in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Murphy A, Axt J, de Caestecker C, Pierce J, Correa H, Seeley E, et al. Molecular characterization of Wilms' tumor from a resource-constrained region of sub-Saharan Africa. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:E983-94 pubmed publisher..The African WT specimens appear to express markers of adverse clinical behavior and treatment resistance and may require alternative therapies or implementation of high-risk treatment protocols. ..
- Johnson A, Chen J, Gould K. CK1 is required for a mitotic checkpoint that delays cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1920-6 pubmed publisher..Like Dma1, CK1 accumulates at SPBs during a mitotic arrest and associates stably with SPB components, including Sid4. Our results establish CK1 as an integral component of a mitotic, ubiquitin-mediated checkpoint pathway. ..
- Almodóvar García K, Kwon M, Samaras S, Davidson J. ANKRD1 acts as a transcriptional repressor of MMP13 via the AP-1 site. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1500-11 pubmed publisher..Ankrd1 deletion additionally relieved MMP10 transcriptional repression. Nuclear ANKRD1 appears to modulate extracellular matrix remodeling by MMPs. ..
- Dear M, Dani N, Parkinson W, Zhou S, Broadie K. Two classes of matrix metalloproteinases reciprocally regulate synaptogenesis. Development. 2016;143:75-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results identify an Mmp mechanism that fine-tunes HSPG co-receptor function to modulate Wnt signaling to coordinate synapse structural and functional development. ..
- Pflugrad A, Meir J, Barnes T, Miller D. The Groucho-like transcription factor UNC-37 functions with the neural specificity gene unc-4 to govern motor neuron identity in C. elegans. Development. 1997;124:1699-709 pubmed
- Lovvorn H, Boyle S, Shi G, Shyr Y, Wills M, Perantoni A, et al. Wilms' tumorigenesis is altered by misexpression of the transcriptional co-activator, CITED1. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:474-81 pubmed..We speculate that overexpression of CITED1 promotes expansion of a rapidly proliferating population of blastema and thereby induces an unstable environment highly susceptible to future oncogenic events. ..
- ENGEL M, Nguyen H, Mariotti J, HUNT A, Hiebert S. Myeloid translocation gene 16 (MTG16) interacts with Notch transcription complex components to integrate Notch signaling in hematopoietic cell fate specification. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1852-63 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MTG16 interfaces with critical components of the Notch transcription complex to affect Notch-dependent lineage allocation in hematopoiesis. ..
- Vilgelm A, Hong S, Washington M, Wei J, Chen H, el Rifai W, et al. Characterization of ?Np73 expression and regulation in gastric and esophageal tumors. Oncogene. 2010;29:5861-8 pubmed publisher..We found that HIC1 negatively regulates ?Np73 transcription in mucosal epithelial cells. This leads to a decrease in ?Np73 protein levels and may normally control the oncogenic potential of the ?Np73 isoform. ..
- Li Z, Hann S. The Myc-nucleophosmin-ARF network: a complex web unveiled. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2703-7 pubmed..Therefore, the fate of a cell to undergo apoptosis or become transformed is dependent on this complex interacting network of oncogenic and tumor suppressor proteins. ..
- Ozer J, Faber M, Chalkley R, Sealy L. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone for the CCAAT transcription factor EFIA reveals a novel structural motif. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:22143-52 pubmed..The functional significance of this novel structural motif, which is also conserved in dbpA, FRG Y1, and FRG Y2, will be discussed. ..
- Sasaki H, Hogan B. HNF-3 beta as a regulator of floor plate development. Cell. 1994;76:103-15 pubmed..Ectopic dorsal neuronal differentiation and abnormal dorsal axonal projections are also seen. These results suggest that HNF-3 beta is an important regulator of floor plate development in vivo. ..
- Lee S, Qiao J, Paul P, O Connor K, Evers M, Chung D. FAK is a critical regulator of neuroblastoma liver metastasis. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1576-87 pubmed..FAK inhibitor (Y15) suppressed GRP-induced neuroblastoma growth and metastasis. Our results indicate that FAK is a critical downstream regulator of GRP-R, which mediates tumorigenesis and metastasis in neuroblastoma. ..
- Murphy A, de Caestecker C, Pierce J, Boyle S, Ayers G, Zhao Z, et al. CITED1 expression in liver development and hepatoblastoma. Neoplasia. 2012;14:1153-63 pubmed..These findings identify CITED1 as a novel marker of hepatic progenitor cells that is re-expressed following liver injury and in embryonic liver tumors. ..
- Gerrish K, Van Velkinburgh J, Stein R. Conserved transcriptional regulatory domains of the pdx-1 gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:533-48 pubmed..Our data suggests that pdx-1 transcription is also regulated by factors acting upon conserved area IV sequences. ..
- Li Z, Boone D, Hann S. Nucleophosmin interacts directly with c-Myc and controls c-Myc-induced hyperproliferation and transformation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18794-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, NPM is a key cofactor for the transforming activity of c-Myc and the interaction with c-Myc may mediate the enhancement of proliferation and transformation induced by NPM overexppression. ..
- Plisov S, Tsang M, Shi G, Boyle S, Yoshino K, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cited1 is a bifunctional transcriptional cofactor that regulates early nephronic patterning. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:1632-44 pubmed..By modifying these pathways, Cited1 may coordinate cellular differentiation and survival signals that regulate nephronic patterning in the metanephros. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Lee Y, Michowski W, Jastrzebska B, Filipek A, Kuznicki J, et al. The modular structure of SIP facilitates its role in stabilizing multiprotein assemblies. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9462-71 pubmed..The principal role of the modular structure of SIP appears to be in bringing these two proteins into physical proximity and orchestrating the orientation required for polyubiquitination of beta-catenin in the intact SCF-type complex. ..
- Flatt P, Polyak K, Tang L, Scatena C, Westfall M, Rubinstein L, et al. p53-dependent expression of PIG3 during proliferation, genotoxic stress, and reversible growth arrest. Cancer Lett. 2000;156:63-72 pubmed..Interestingly, elevated levels of PIG3 were maintained in cells that resumed cycling in the absence of ectopic p53 expression, suggesting that PIG3 is a long-lived reporter, which may be useful for detecting transient activation of p53. ..
- Von Stetina S, Fox R, Watkins K, Starich T, Shaw J, Miller D. UNC-4 represses CEH-12/HB9 to specify synaptic inputs to VA motor neurons in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2007;21:332-46 pubmed..The conservation of UNC-4, HB9, and Groucho expression in the vertebrate motor circuit argues that similar mechanisms may regulate synaptic specificity in the spinal cord. ..
- Hinton C, Fitzgerald L, Thompson M. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling enhances nuclear localization and transcriptional activity of BRCA1. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1735-44 pubmed..These findings implicate Akt in upstream events leading to BRCA1 nuclear localization and function. ..
- Cai Y, Xu Z, Xie J, Ham A, Koury M, Hiebert S, et al. Eto2/MTG16 and MTGR1 are heteromeric corepressors of the TAL1/SCL transcription factor in murine erythroid progenitors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:295-301 pubmed publisher..These results identify Eto2 and Mtgr1 as authentic interaction partners of Tal1 and suggest they act as heteromeric corepressors of this bHLH transcription factor during erythroid differentiation. ..
- DuBois R, Gupta R, Brockman J, Reddy B, Krakow S, Lazar M. The nuclear eicosanoid receptor, PPARgamma, is aberrantly expressed in colonic cancers. Carcinogenesis. 1998;19:49-53 pubmed..Since PPARgamma is a ligand-modulated transcription factor, it may provide a novel target for chemopreventive strategies for colorectal cancer. ..
- Gerrish K, Cissell M, Stein R. The role of hepatic nuclear factor 1 alpha and PDX-1 in transcriptional regulation of the pdx-1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47775-84 pubmed
- Dar A, Belkhiri A, Ecsedy J, Zaika A, El Rifai W. Aurora kinase A inhibition leads to p73-dependent apoptosis in p53-deficient cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8998-9004 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that AURKA regulates TAp73-dependent apoptosis and highlight the potential of the AURKA inhibitor MLN8054 in treating cancers that are defective in p53 signaling. ..
- Zaika E, Wei J, Yin D, Andl C, Moll U, El Rifai W, et al. p73 protein regulates DNA damage repair. FASEB J. 2011;25:4406-14 pubmed publisher..These findings were further investigated with organotypic and traditional cell cultures. Collectively our studies demonstrate that p73 plays an important role in the regulation of DNA damage repair. ..
- Qiu Y, Guo M, Huang S, Stein R. Insulin gene transcription is mediated by interactions between the p300 coactivator and PDX-1, BETA2, and E47. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:412-20 pubmed..These results indicate that E1A inhibits insulin gene transcription by preventing communication between the p300 coactivator and key DNA-bound activators, like PDX-1 and BETA2:E47. ..
- Cates J, Byrd R, Fohn L, Tatsas A, Washington M, Black C. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2009;38:e1-6 pubmed publisher..However, use of Twist as a diagnostic marker is precluded because decreased expression is also seen in chronic pancreatitis. None of the markers studied were predictive of patient outcome. ..
- Boraska V, Franklin C, Floyd J, Thornton L, Huckins L, Southam L, et al. A genome-wide association study of anorexia nervosa. Mol Psychiatry. 2014;19:1085-94 pubmed publisher..The accrual of large genotyped AN case-control samples should be an immediate priority for the field. ..
- Stahlman M, Gray M, Whitsett J. Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1(TTF-1) in fetal and neonatal human lung. J Histochem Cytochem. 1996;44:673-8 pubmed
- Qu S, Tucker S, Zhao Q, DeCrombrugghe B, Wisdom R. Physical and genetic interactions between Alx4 and Cart1. Development. 1999;126:359-69 pubmed..Interpreted in the context of the biochemical characterization, the genetic analysis suggests that Alx4 and Cart1 are indeed functionally redundant, and reveal both unique and redundant functions for these genes in development. ..
- Fan X, Olson S, Johnson M. Immunohistochemical localization and comparison of carboxypeptidases D, E, and Z, alpha-MSH, ACTH, and MIB-1 between human anterior and corticotroph cell "basophil invasion" of the posterior pituitary. J Histochem Cytochem. 2001;49:783-90 pubmed..Evidence that corticotrophs in basophil invasion are undergoing proliferation and are also phenotypically different from their counterpart in the anterior pituitary has further raised the possibility of some neoplastic potential. ..
- Lovvorn H, Westrup J, Opperman S, Boyle S, Shi G, Anderson J, et al. CITED1 expression in Wilms' tumor and embryonic kidney. Neoplasia. 2007;9:589-600 pubmed
- Oltz E. Regulation of antigen receptor gene assembly in lymphocytes. Immunol Res. 2001;23:121-33 pubmed..Together, these findings provide key insights into the genetic mechanisms that regulate antigen receptor diversity and the developmental pathways leading to the acquisition of lymphocyte effector function. ..
- Arasada R, Carpenter G. Secretase-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of Mdm2 by the ErbB-4 intracellular domain fragment. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30783-7 pubmed..In addition, expression of the ICD fragment increased p53 activity toward the p21 promoter in a luciferase reporter assay. ..
- Zhang F, Boothby M. T helper type 1-specific Brg1 recruitment and remodeling of nucleosomes positioned at the IFN-gamma promoter are Stat4 dependent. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1493-505 pubmed
- Solis A, Patton J. Analysis of SRrp86-regulated alternative splicing: control of c-Jun and I?B? activity. RNA Biol. 2010;7:486-94 pubmed..In both cases, functionally distinct isoforms were generated that demonstrate the role SRrp86 plays in controlling alternative splicing. ..
- Tomkova K, el Rifai W, Vilgelm A, Kelly M, Wang T, Zaika A. The gastrin gene promoter is regulated by p73 isoforms in tumor cells. Oncogene. 2006;25:6032-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate a novel mechanism for regulation of gastrin gene transcription and support a concept that p53 and p73 may have different biological roles in tumors. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. GINS and Sld3 compete with one another for Mcm2-7 and Cdc45 binding. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14157-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with a model wherein GINS trades places with Sld3 at a replication origin, contributing to the activation of the replication fork helicase. ..
- Zaika E, Bhardwaj V, Wei J, Washington M, Souza R, El Rifai W, et al. Proinflammatory cytokines and bile acids upregulate ?Np73 protein, an inhibitor of p53 and p73 tumor suppressors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64306 pubmed publisher..Combined, our studies provide evidence that gastroesophageal reflux alters the regulation of oncogenic ?Np73 isoform that may facilitate tumorigenic transformation of esophageal metaplastic epithelium. ..
- Robinson G, Cordle S, Henderson E, Weil P, Teitelman G, Stein R. Isolation and characterization of a novel transcription factor that binds to and activates insulin control element-mediated expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6704-14 pubmed..All of these data are consistent with the proposal that INSAF is either part of the ICE activator or is antigenically related to the specific activator required for insulin gene transcription. ..
- Svaren J, Klebanow E, Sealy L, Chalkley R. Analysis of the competition between nucleosome formation and transcription factor binding. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9335-44 pubmed..The relevance of these results is discussed in terms of a kinetic model for successful factor competition during the replication of the factor binding site in the cell. ..
- Rosenbluth J, Mays D, Jiang A, Shyr Y, Pietenpol J. Differential regulation of the p73 cistrome by mammalian target of rapamycin reveals transcriptional programs of mesenchymal differentiation and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2076-81 pubmed publisher..We generated an mTOR-p73 signature that is enriched for p73 target genes and miRNAs that are involved in mesenchymal differentiation and tumorigenesis, can classify rhabdomyosarcomas by clinical subtype, and can predict patient outcome. ..
- Ozer J, Chalkley R, Sealy L. Isolation of the CCAAT transcription factor subunit EFIA cDNA and a potentially functional EFIA processed pseudogene from Bos taurus: insights into the evolution of the EFIA/dbpB/YB-1 gene family. Gene. 1993;124:223-30 pubmed..5-fold higher frequency than expected from random mutagenesis. Therefore, ripping is likely to be the mechanism by which the bovine EFIA#1 pseudogene's ectopic recombination potential was inactivated. ..
- Ye X, Fong P, Iizuka N, Choate D, Cavener D. Ultrabithorax and Antennapedia 5' untranslated regions promote developmentally regulated internal translation initiation. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1714-21 pubmed..Although the developmental patterns of expression directed by the Antp and Ubx IRESs overlap, they exhibit several differences indicating that these IRESs are not functionally equivalent. ..
- Bai Y, Perez G, Beechem J, Weil P. Structure-function analysis of TAF130: identification and characterization of a high-affinity TATA-binding protein interaction domain in the N terminus of yeast TAF(II)130. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3081-93 pubmed..Moreover, we found that the N-terminal domain of yTAF(II)130 actively dissociated TBP from TATA box-containing DNA. ..
- Belkhiri A, Dar A, Zaika A, Kelley M, El Rifai W. t-Darpp promotes cancer cell survival by up-regulation of Bcl2 through Akt-dependent mechanism. Cancer Res. 2008;68:395-403 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the t-Darpp/Akt axis underscores a novel oncogenic potential of t-Darpp in gastric carcinogenesis and resistance to drug-induced apoptosis. ..
- Goodwin R, Pabón Peña L, Foster G, Bader D. The cloning and analysis of LEK1 identifies variations in the LEK/centromere protein F/mitosin gene family. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18597-604 pubmed..From these data, we hypothesize that chicken CMF1, human CENP-F, mitosin, and mouse LEK1 are members of an emerging family of genes that have important and functionally distinct roles in development and cell division. ..
- Lickteig K, Duerr J, Frisby D, Hall D, Rand J, Miller D. Regulation of neurotransmitter vesicles by the homeodomain protein UNC-4 and its transcriptional corepressor UNC-37/groucho in Caenorhabditis elegans cholinergic motor neurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2001-14 pubmed..The temporal correlation of these events may mean that a common unc-4-dependent mechanism controls both the specificity of synaptic inputs as well as the strength of synaptic outputs for these motor neurons. ..
- Antony P, Petro J, Carlesso G, Shinners N, Lowe J, Khan W. B cell receptor directs the activation of NFAT and NF-kappaB via distinct molecular mechanisms. Exp Cell Res. 2003;291:11-24 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that BCR employs distinct BTK-dependent molecular mechanisms to regulate the activation of NF-kappaB versus NFAT. ..
- Shi Y, Reitmaier B, Regenbogen J, Slowey R, Opalenik S, Wolf E, et al. CARP, a cardiac ankyrin repeat protein, is up-regulated during wound healing and induces angiogenesis in experimental granulation tissue. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:303-12 pubmed..These findings indicate that CARP could play a unique role in therapeutic angiogenesis during wound healing. ..
- Wegrzynowicz M, Holt H, Friedman D, Bowman A. Changes in the striatal proteome of YAC128Q mice exhibit gene-environment interactions between mutant huntingtin and manganese. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:1118-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the interaction of Mn and mutant HTT may suppress proteomic phenotypes of YAC128Q mice, which could reveal potential targets in novel treatment strategies for HD. ..
- Streeper R, Svitek C, Goldman J, O Brien R. Differential role of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 in the regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit gene transcription by cAMP in liver- and kidney-derived cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12108-18 pubmed
- Samaras S, Cissell M, Gerrish K, Wright C, Gannon M, Stein R. Conserved sequences in a tissue-specific regulatory region of the pdx-1 gene mediate transcription in Pancreatic beta cells: role for hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 beta and Pax6. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4702-13 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest an important role for both HNF3 beta and Pax6 in regulating pdx-1 expression in beta cells. ..
- Schneider J, Skelton R, Von Stetina S, Middelkoop T, van Oudenaarden A, Korswagen H, et al. UNC-4 antagonizes Wnt signaling to regulate synaptic choice in the C. elegans motor circuit. Development. 2012;139:2234-45 pubmed publisher..The existence of comparable Wnt gradients in the vertebrate spinal cord could reflect similar roles for Wnt signaling in vertebrate motor circuit assembly. ..
- Sewer M, Waterman M. Adrenocorticotropin/cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-mediated transcription of the human CYP17 gene in the adrenal cortex is dependent on phosphatase activity. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1769-77 pubmed
- Rosenberg J, Tomlin G, McDonald W, Snydsman B, Muller E, Yates J, et al. Ppc89 links multiple proteins, including the septation initiation network, to the core of the fission yeast spindle-pole body. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3793-805 pubmed..Ppc89 overproduction is lethal, resulting primarily in a G2 arrest accompanied by massive enlargement of the SPB and increased SPB MT nucleation. These results suggest a fundamental role for Ppc89 in organization of the S. pombe SPB. ..
- Boyle S, Shioda T, Perantoni A, De Caestecker M. Cited1 and Cited2 are differentially expressed in the developing kidney but are not required for nephrogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2321-30 pubmed..From these studies, we conclude that Cited1 and 2 are dynamically expressed during kidney development, but are not required for nephrogenesis. ..
- Moore A, Amann J, Williams C, Tahinci E, Farmer T, Martinez J, et al. Myeloid translocation gene family members associate with T-cell factors (TCFs) and influence TCF-dependent transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:977-87 pubmed..Moreover, we found that c-Myc, a transcriptional target of the Wnt pathway, was overexpressed in the small intestines of mice lacking Mtgr1, thus linking inactivation of Mtgr1 to the activation of a potent oncogene. ..
- Bruck I, Kanter D, Kaplan D. Enabling association of the GINS protein tetramer with the mini chromosome maintenance (Mcm)2-7 protein complex by phosphorylated Sld2 protein and single-stranded origin DNA. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36414-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, origin ssDNA may stimulate the formation of the CMG complex by alleviating inhibitory interactions between Sld2 with Mcm2-7. ..
- Li Z, Hann S. Nucleophosmin is essential for c-Myc nucleolar localization and c-Myc-mediated rDNA transcription. Oncogene. 2013;32:1988-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate an essential role for NPM in c-Myc nucleolar localization and c-Myc-mediated rDNA transcription. ..
- Streeper R, Eaton E, Ebert D, Chapman S, Svitek C, O Brien R. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 acts as an accessory factor to enhance the inhibitory action of insulin on mouse glucose-6-phosphatase gene transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9208-13 pubmed..The potential role of G6Pase overexpression in the pathophysiology of MODY3 and 5, rare forms of diabetes caused by hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 mutations, is discussed. ..
- Gould K, Feoktistova A, Fleig U. A phosphorylation site mutant of Schizosaccharomyces pombe cdc2p fails to promote the metaphase to anaphase transition. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;259:437-48 pubmed..Overexpression of suc1+ suppresses the effects of T167 E overproduction by restoring sufficient amounts of suc1p to the cell to allow passage through mitosis. ..
- Barnard D, Patton J. Identification and characterization of a novel serine-arginine-rich splicing regulatory protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3049-57 pubmed..Because of the primary sequence and unique properties of p86, we have named this protein SRrp86 for SR-related protein of 86 kDa. ..
- Sikes M, Meade A, Tripathi R, Krangel M, Oltz E. Regulation of V(D)J recombination: a dominant role for promoter positioning in gene segment accessibility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12309-14 pubmed..These spatial constraints on promoter positioning may reflect an RNA polymerase-independent mechanism to target adjacent gene segments for chromatin remodeling events that facilitate rearrangement. ..
- Kon N, Krawchuk M, Warren B, Smith G, Wahls W. Transcription factor Mts1/Mts2 (Atf1/Pcr1, Gad7/Pcr1) activates the M26 meiotic recombination hotspot in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13765-70 pubmed..pombe genome, suggesting that these factors help regulate the timing and distribution of homologous recombination. ..
- Chaudhuri M. Cloning and characterization of a novel serine/threonine protein phosphatase type 5 from Trypanosoma brucei. Gene. 2001;266:1-13 pubmed..brucei. ..
- Kanter D, Bruck I, Kaplan D. Mcm subunits can assemble into two different active unwinding complexes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31172-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Mcm subunits are surprisingly flexible and dynamic in their ability to interact with one another to form active unwinding complexes. ..
- McConnell J, Watkins G, Soss S, Franz H, McCorvey L, Spiller B, et al. Alpha4 is a ubiquitin-binding protein that regulates protein serine/threonine phosphatase 2A ubiquitination. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1713-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polyubiquitination of PP2Ac is inhibited by the UIM within alpha4. These findings reveal direct regulation of PP2Ac polyubiquitination by a novel UIM within the adaptor protein alpha4. ..
- Williams J, Lanahan A. A mammalian delayed-early response gene encodes HNP36, a novel, conserved nucleolar protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;213:325-33 pubmed..Although HNP36 protein function is unknown, its identification as a nucleolar gene transcriptionally activated by growth factors implicates it as participating in the proliferative response. ..