Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Williams C, Postic C, Robin D, Robin P, Parrinello J, Shelton K, et al. Isolation and characterization of the mouse cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene: evidence for tissue-specific hypersensitive sites. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1999;148:67-77 pubmed..We conclude that the chromatin is open in 3T3-F442A cells and that factors are able to bind in the undifferentiated state but that something else is required for transcription. ..
- Vaiskunaite R, Miller A, Davenport L, Mosig G. Two new early bacteriophage T4 genes, repEA and repEB, that are important for DNA replication initiated from origin E. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:7115-25 pubmed
- Mach K, Furge K, Albright C. Loss of Rhb1, a Rheb-related GTPase in fission yeast, causes growth arrest with a terminal phenotype similar to that caused by nitrogen starvation. Genetics. 2000;155:611-22 pubmed..If this hypothesis is correct, then Rhb1 and Ras1 regulate alternative responses to limiting nutrients. ..
- Chaurand P, Fouchécourt S, DaGue B, Xu B, Reyzer M, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Profiling and imaging proteins in the mouse epididymis by imaging mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2003;3:2221-39 pubmed..Furthermore, from the signal intensities observed in the different protein profiles organized in space, semiquantitative information for each protein was obtained. ..
- Hajizadeh R, Sato H, Carlisle J, Nadaf M, Evans W, Shepherd B, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis Antigen 85A induces Th-1 immune responses in systemic sarcoidosis. J Clin Immunol. 2007;27:445-54 pubmed
- Gephart J, Singh B, Higginbotham J, Franklin J, Gonzalez A, FOLSCH H, et al. Identification of a novel mono-leucine basolateral sorting motif within the cytoplasmic domain of amphiregulin. Traffic. 2011;12:1793-804 pubmed publisher..These results show that recycling, but not delivery, of AREG to the BL surface is AP-1B dependent. ..
- Basak T, Vega Montoto L, Zimmerman L, Tabb D, Hudson B, Vanacore R. Comprehensive Characterization of Glycosylation and Hydroxylation of Basement Membrane Collagen IV by High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry. J Proteome Res. 2016;15:245-58 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these are the first comprehensive maps of hydroxylation and glycosylation sites in collagen IV, which lay the foundation for dissecting the key role of these modifications in health and disease. ..
- Gajewski S, Waddell M, Vaithiyalingam S, Nourse A, Li Z, Woetzel N, et al. Structure and mechanism of the phage T4 recombination mediator protein UvsY. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:3275-80 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which UvsY promotes a helical ssDNA conformation that disfavors the binding of gp32 and initiates the assembly of the ssDNA-UvsX filament. ..
- Cheng A, Thisse B, Thisse C, Wright C. The lefty-related factor Xatv acts as a feedback inhibitor of nodal signaling in mesoderm induction and L-R axis development in xenopus. Development. 2000;127:1049-61 pubmed..We propose that the induction of lefty/Xatv in the left LPM by nodal/Xnr1 provides an efficient self-regulating mechanism to downregulate nodal/Xnr1 expression and ensure a transient 'left' signal within the embryo. ..
- Williamson D, Banik Maiti S, DeGregori J, Ruley H. hnRNP C is required for postimplantation mouse development but Is dispensable for cell viability. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4094-105 pubmed..These results indicate that the C1 and C2 hnRNPs are not required for any essential step in mRNA biogenesis; however, the proteins may influence the rate and/or fidelity of one or more steps. ..
- Sparks J, Lu X, Denison M. Genetic analysis of Murine hepatitis virus nsp4 in virus replication. J Virol. 2007;81:12554-63 pubmed publisher..Together, the experiments identify important residues and regions for studies of nsp4 topology, function, and interactions...
- Wahl M, Nishibe S, Kim J, Kim H, Rhee S, Carpenter G. Identification of two epidermal growth factor-sensitive tyrosine phosphorylation sites of phospholipase C-gamma in intact HSC-1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:3944-8 pubmed..and Rhe, S. G. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 3940-3943) identifies these same 2 residues plus 2 additional tyrosine phosphorylation sites through large-scale in vitro phosphorylation of purified bovine brain PLC-gamma by the EGF receptor. ..
- Pandey K, Singh S. Molecular cloning and expression of murine guanylate cyclase/atrial natriuretic factor receptor cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12342-8 pubmed..The results presented herein directly show that ANF can regulate the testicular steroidogenic responsiveness in addition to its known regulatory role in the control of cardiovascular homeostasis. ..
- McCollum D, Balasubramanian M, Pelcher L, Hemmingsen S, Gould K. Schizosaccharomyces pombe cdc4+ gene encodes a novel EF-hand protein essential for cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:651-60 pubmed..We find that Cdc4 protein forms a complex with a 200-kD protein which can be cross-linked to UTP, a property common to myosin heavy chains. Together these results suggest that Cdc4p may be a novel myosin light chain. ..
- Poon D, Bai Y, Campbell A, Bjorklund S, Kim Y, Zhou S, et al. Identification and characterization of a TFIID-like multiprotein complex from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8224-8 pubmed..In addition, by constructing null alleles of the cloned TAF-encoding genes, we show that normal function of the TAF-encoding genes is essential for yeast cell viability. ..
- Turko I, Haik T, McAllister Lucas L, Burns F, Francis S, Corbin J. Identification of key amino acids in a conserved cGMP-binding site of cGMP-binding phosphodiesterases. A putative NKXnD motif for cGMP binding. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22240-4 pubmed..This suggested that cGMP binding to site a does not influence the catalytic properties of cGB-PDE. ..
- Xu Y, Guo D, Davidson M, Inagami T, Carpenter G. Interaction of the adaptor protein Shc and the adhesion molecule cadherin. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:13463-6 pubmed..Shc may therefore participate in the control of cell-cell adhesion as well as mitogenic signaling through Ras. ..
- Thompson S, Latch R, Blaser J. Molecular characterization of the Helicobacter pylori uvr B gene. Gene. 1998;209:113-22 pubmed..The uvrB mutant also was significantly more sensitive than the wild-type strain to killing by low pH, suggesting that the H. pylori nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway is involved in the repair of acid-induced DNA damage...
- Strack S, Chang D, Zaucha J, Colbran R, Wadzinski B. Cloning and characterization of B delta, a novel regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:462-6 pubmed..B delta is a cytosolic subunit of PP2A with a subcellular localization different from B alpha and may therefore target a pool of PP2A holoenzymes to specific substrates. ..
- Topczewski J, Sepich D, Myers D, Walker C, Amores A, Lele Z, et al. The zebrafish glypican knypek controls cell polarity during gastrulation movements of convergent extension. Dev Cell. 2001;1:251-64 pubmed
- Tan H, Kupershmidt S, Zhang R, Stepanovic S, Roden D, Wilde A, et al. A calcium sensor in the sodium channel modulates cardiac excitability. Nature. 2002;415:442-7 pubmed
- de Caestecker M, Bottomley M, Bhattacharyya S, Payne T, Roberts A, Yelick P. The novel type I serine-threonine kinase receptor Alk8 binds TGF-beta in the presence of TGF-betaRII. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1556-65 pubmed..These results expand the signaling repertoire of zAlk8 by demonstrating an ability to participate in two distinct TGF-beta subfamily signaling pathways. ..
- Ding L, Derdowski A, Wang J, Spearman P. Independent segregation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag protein complexes and lipid rafts. J Virol. 2003;77:1916-26 pubmed..These results indicate that HIV-1 Pr55Gag forms detergent-resistant complexes at the cellular periphery that are distinct from lipid raft microdomains. ..
- Richie Jannetta R, Francis S, Corbin J. Dimerization of cGMP-dependent protein kinase Ibeta is mediated by an extensive amino-terminal leucine zipper motif, and dimerization modulates enzyme function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50070-9 pubmed..These results indicate that dimerization increases sensitivity for cGMP activation of the enzyme. ..
- Stewart P, Makabi M, Lang J, Dickey Sims C, Robertson A, Coffman J, et al. Sea urchin vault structure, composition, and differential localization during development. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:3 pubmed publisher..These results are suggestive of a role for the vault in delivering macromolecules to the nucleus during development...
- Melner M, Haas A, Klein J, Brash A, Boeglin W, Nagdas S, et al. Demonstration of ubiquitin thiolester formation of UBE2Q2 (UBCi), a novel ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme with implantation site-specific expression. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:395-406 pubmed..This implantation site-specific expression of UBE2Q2 in luminal epithelial cells could play major roles in orchestrating differentiation events through the modification of specific protein substrates. ..
- Srivastava S, Li Z, Ko K, Choudhury P, Albaqumi M, Johnson A, et al. Histidine phosphorylation of the potassium channel KCa3.1 by nucleoside diphosphate kinase B is required for activation of KCa3.1 and CD4 T cells. Mol Cell. 2006;24:665-675 pubmed publisher..The critical role for NDPK-B in the reactivation of CD4 T cells indicates that understanding NDPK-B regulation should uncover novel pathways required for T cell activation. ..
- Rushton E, Rohrbough J, Deutsch K, Broadie K. Structure-function analysis of endogenous lectin mind-the-gap in synaptogenesis. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:1161-79 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the MTG lectin has both positive and negative binding interactions with glycans in the extracellular synaptic domain, which both facilitate and limit GluR localization during NMJ embryonic synaptogenesis. ..
- Hondal R, Ma S, Caprioli R, Hill K, Burk R. Heparin-binding histidine and lysine residues of rat selenoprotein P. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15823-31 pubmed..0, explains the release of selenoprotein P from heparin binding as pH rises above 7.0. It can be speculated that this property would lead to increased binding of selenoprotein P in tissue regions that have low pH. ..
- Khoshbouei H, Sen N, Guptaroy B, Johnson L, Lund D, Gnegy M, et al. N-terminal phosphorylation of the dopamine transporter is required for amphetamine-induced efflux. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E78 pubmed..These data raise the therapeutic possibility of interfering selectively with AMPH-induced DA efflux without altering physiological DA uptake...
- Thompson M, Robinson Benion C, Holt J. An amino-terminal motif functions as a second nuclear export sequence in BRCA1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21854-7 pubmed..These data imply that BRCA1 contains at least two leucine-dependent nuclear export sequences. ..
- Sung U, Jennings J, Link A, Blakely R. Proteomic analysis of human norepinephrine transporter complexes reveals associations with protein phosphatase 2A anchoring subunit and 14-3-3 proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:671-8 pubmed..The transporter complexes described likely support mechanisms regulating transporter activity, localization, and trafficking. ..
- Baldridge R, Graham T. Two-gate mechanism for phospholipid selection and transport by type IV P-type ATPases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E358-67 pubmed publisher..This work describes a unique transport mechanism for a P-type ATPase and provides insight into how integral membrane proteins can recognize and transport phospholipid substrate across a lipid bilayer. ..
- Feng Y, Gunter L, Organ E, Cavener D. Translation initiation in Drosophila melanogaster is reduced by mutations upstream of the AUG initiator codon. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:2149-53 pubmed..The average fold reduction at the second-instar larval stage was 5.9, while at the adult stage a 12.5-fold reduction was observed. ..
- Candia A, Kovalik J, Wright C. Amino acid sequence of Mox-2 and comparison to its Xenopus and rat homologs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:4982 pubmed
- Newcomer M. Structure of the epididymal retinoic acid binding protein at 2.1 A resolution. Structure. 1993;1:7-18 pubmed..The RAR family of nuclear receptors for retinoic acid also binds both isomers, and their binding sites may therefore be similar. ..
- George A, Knops J, Han J, Finley W, Knittle T, Tamkun M, et al. Assignment of a human voltage-dependent sodium channel alpha-subunit gene (SCN6A) to 2q21-q23. Genomics. 1994;19:395-7 pubmed
- McAllister Lucas L, Haik T, Colbran J, Sonnenburg W, Seger D, Turko I, et al. An essential aspartic acid at each of two allosteric cGMP-binding sites of a cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30671-9 pubmed
- Berry L, Feoktistova A, Wright M, Gould K. The schizosaccharomyces pombe dim1(+) gene interacts with the anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome (APC/C) component lid1(+) and is required for APC/C function. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2535-46 pubmed..These data suggest that at least one role of dim1p is to maintain or establish the steady-state level of the APC/C. ..
- Feoktistova A, McCollum D, Ohi R, Gould K. Identification and characterization of Schizosaccharomyces pombe asp1(+), a gene that interacts with mutations in the Arp2/3 complex and actin. Genetics. 1999;152:895-908 pubmed..Moreover, the vip1 disruption strain showed a negative genetic interaction with a las17Delta strain. We conclude that Asp1p/Vip1p is important for the function of the cortical actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Tulsiani D, Abou haila A. Mammalian sperm molecules that are potentially important in interaction with female genital tract and egg vestments. Zygote. 2001;9:51-69 pubmed..An understanding of the expression and modifications of molecules thought to be important in multiple events leading to fertilisation will allow new strategies to block these modifications and alter sperm function. ..
- Martin C, Bischof L, Bergman B, Hornbuckle L, Hilliker C, Frigeri C, et al. Cloning and characterization of the human and rat islet-specific glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit-related protein (IGRP) genes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25197-207 pubmed..The results provide a framework for the further analysis of the molecular basis for the tissue-restricted expression of the IGRP gene and the identification of key amino acid sequences that determine its biological activity. ..
- Tikhomirov O, Carpenter G. Identification of ErbB-2 kinase domain motifs required for geldanamycin-induced degradation. Cancer Res. 2003;63:39-43 pubmed..Interestingly, these ErbB-2 mutants are specifically resistant to GA-induced degradation but retain sensitivity to other drugs, such as staurospore and curcumin, which are also able to provoke ErbB-2 degradation. ..
- Brockway S, Clay C, Lu X, Denison M. Characterization of the expression, intracellular localization, and replication complex association of the putative mouse hepatitis virus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. J Virol. 2003;77:10515-27 pubmed..This study demonstrates that viral or virus-induced factors are necessary for Pol to associate with membranes of replication complexes, and it identifies a defined region of Pol that may mediate its interactions with those factors. ..
- Fowke J, Shu X, Dai Q, Jin F, Cai Q, Gao Y, et al. Oral contraceptive use and breast cancer risk: modification by NAD(P)H:quinone oxoreductase (NQO1) genetic polymorphisms. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:1308-15 pubmed..43-6.25; C/T or T/T OR 0.49, 95% CI 0.29-0.81; P for interaction < 0.01). Our results require confirmation but suggest that the OC and breast cancer association depends on the ability to invoke protection from catechol estrogens. ..
- Guglielmi K, Johnson E, Stehle T, Dermody T. Attachment and cell entry of mammalian orthoreovirus. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2006;309:1-38 pubmed
- Choe K, Strange K. Evolutionarily conserved WNK and Ste20 kinases are essential for acute volume recovery and survival after hypertonic shrinkage in Caenorhabditis elegans. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C915-27 pubmed
- Xu X, Hotta C, Dodd A, Love J, Sharrock R, Lee Y, et al. Distinct light and clock modulation of cytosolic free Ca2+ oscillations and rhythmic CHLOROPHYLL A/B BINDING PROTEIN2 promoter activity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3474-90 pubmed
- Bridges T, Lebois E, Hopkins C, Wood M, Jones C, Conn P, et al. The antipsychotic potential of muscarinic allosteric modulation. Drug News Perspect. 2010;23:229-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that selective allosteric activation of either M(1) or M(4) has antipsychotic potential through distinct, yet complimentary mechanisms. ..
- Henry R, Kendall P, Woodward E, Hulbert C, Thomas J. Vkappa polymorphisms in NOD mice are spread throughout the entire immunoglobulin kappa locus and are shared by other autoimmune strains. Immunogenetics. 2010;62:507-20 pubmed publisher..Predicted amino acid changes preferentially occur in CDR, and thus could alter antigen recognition by the germline B cell repertoire of autoimmune versus non-autoimmune mouse strains. ..
- Baldridge R, Graham T. Identification of residues defining phospholipid flippase substrate specificity of type IV P-type ATPases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E290-8 pubmed publisher..Modeling of residues involved in substrate selection suggests a novel P-type ATPase transport pathway at the protein/lipid interface and a potential solution to the giant substrate problem. ..
- Gu H, Planas J, Gomez R, Wilson D. Full length mouse glycophorin gene constructed using recombinant polymerase chain reaction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:202-8 pubmed..The corrected gene sequence for pGP315 is also reported. ..
- Miller D, Niemeyer C. Expression of the unc-4 homeoprotein in Caenorhabditis elegans motor neurons specifies presynaptic input. Development. 1995;121:2877-86 pubmed..Our results show that synaptic choice can be controlled at the level of transcription in the post-synaptic neuron and identify a homeoprotein that defines a subset of cell-specific traits required for this choice. ..
- Hazinski T, Noisin E, Hamon I, DeMatteo A. Sheep lung cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1): cDNA cloning and transcriptional regulation by oxygen tension. J Clin Invest. 1995;96:2083-9 pubmed..We speculate that oxygen induction of P450 activity in these cells may contribute to microvascular injury during oxygen breathing. ..
- Hann S, Dixit M, Sears R, Sealy L. The alternatively initiated c-Myc proteins differentially regulate transcription through a noncanonical DNA-binding site. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2441-52 pubmed..These results also suggest an interplay between two different growth regulatory transcription factor families. ..
- Francis S, Colbran J, McAllister Lucas L, Corbin J. Zinc interactions and conserved motifs of the cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase suggest that it is a zinc hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:22477-80 pubmed
- Chakrabarti A, Onaivi E, Chaudhuri G. Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding the mouse brain-type cannabinoid receptor protein. DNA Seq. 1995;5:385-8 pubmed..Comparison to rat and human CB1 sequences showed extensive homology (>96%) both at the nucleotide and protein levels implicating the importance of this protein in mammalian brain physiology. ..
- Kloeker S, Wadzinski B. Purification and identification of a novel subunit of protein serine/threonine phosphatase 4. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5339-47 pubmed..These data indicate that one form of PP4 is similar to the core complex of PP2A in that it consists of a catalytic subunit and a "PP2AA-like" structural subunit. ..
- Winnier A, Meir J, Ross J, Tavernarakis N, Driscoll M, Ishihara T, et al. UNC-4/UNC-37-dependent repression of motor neuron-specific genes controls synaptic choice in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2774-86 pubmed..The existence of mammalian homologs of UNC-4 and UNC-37 indicates that a similar mechanism could regulate synaptic choice in the vertebrate spinal cord. ..
- Gerrish K, Gannon M, Shih D, Henderson E, Stoffel M, Wright C, et al. Pancreatic beta cell-specific transcription of the pdx-1 gene. The role of conserved upstream control regions and their hepatic nuclear factor 3beta sites. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3485-92 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that the conserved sequences represented by areas I and II define the binding sites for factors such as HNF3beta, which control islet beta cell-selective expression of the pdx-1 gene. ..
- Streeper R, Svitek C, Goldman J, O Brien R. Differential role of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 in the regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit gene transcription by cAMP in liver- and kidney-derived cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12108-18 pubmed
- Zheng W, Xie D, Cerhan J, Sellers T, Wen W, Folsom A. Sulfotransferase 1A1 polymorphism, endogenous estrogen exposure, well-done meat intake, and breast cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2001;10:89-94 pubmed..The results from this study suggest that homozygosity for the SULT1A1 His213 allele may be a risk factor for breast cancer, and its effect may be modified by the exposure level of endogenous estrogens and heterocyclic amines. ..
- White E, Moore Jarrett T, Ruley H. PUM2, a novel murine puf protein, and its consensus RNA-binding site. RNA. 2001;7:1855-66 pubmed..The characterization of PUM2 and potential RNA-binding site will assist efforts to assess the extent and mechanism by which mammalian genes are regulated at a posttranscriptional level. ..
- Piechotta K, Lu J, Delpire E. Cation chloride cotransporters interact with the stress-related kinases Ste20-related proline-alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress response 1 (OSR1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50812-9 pubmed..We conclude that several cation chloride co-transporters interact with SPAK and/or OSR1, and we hypothesize that this interaction might play a role during the initiation of the cellular stress response. ..
- Qiu Y, Guo M, Huang S, Stein R. Acetylation of the BETA2 transcription factor by p300-associated factor is important in insulin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9796-802 pubmed..These findings suggest that acetylation of BETA2 plays a role in controlling the activation state of this islet regulatory factor. ..
- Nickols H, Shah V, Chazin W, Limbird L. Calmodulin interacts with the V2 vasopressin receptor: elimination of binding to the C terminus also eliminates arginine vasopressin-stimulated elevation of intracellular calcium. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46969-80 pubmed
- Wilm T, Solnica Krezel L. Essential roles of a zebrafish prdm1/blimp1 homolog in embryo patterning and organogenesis. Development. 2005;132:393-404 pubmed..Our studies reveal essential roles for prdm1 in limiting the function of the gastrula organizer and regulating cell fate specification and morphogenetic processes in precise correspondence with its intricate expression pattern. ..
- Zamorano R, Suchindran S, Gainer J. 3'-Untranslated region of the type 2 bradykinin receptor is a potent regulator of gene expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F456-64 pubmed
- Vanacore R, Ham A, Voehler M, Sanders C, Conrads T, Veenstra T, et al. A sulfilimine bond identified in collagen IV. Science. 2009;325:1230-4 pubmed publisher..This bond, the nitrogen analog of a sulfoxide, appears to have arisen at the divergence of sponge and cnidaria, an adaptation of the extracellular matrix in response to mechanical stress in metazoan evolution. ..
- Raum J, Hunter C, Artner I, Henderson E, Guo M, Elghazi L, et al. Islet beta-cell-specific MafA transcription requires the 5'-flanking conserved region 3 control domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4234-44 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the nature of the cis- and trans-acting factors controlling the beta-cell-specific expression of MafA. ..
- Vilgelm A, Hong S, Washington M, Wei J, Chen H, el Rifai W, et al. Characterization of ?Np73 expression and regulation in gastric and esophageal tumors. Oncogene. 2010;29:5861-8 pubmed publisher..We found that HIC1 negatively regulates ?Np73 transcription in mucosal epithelial cells. This leads to a decrease in ?Np73 protein levels and may normally control the oncogenic potential of the ?Np73 isoform. ..
- Chagot B, Chazin W. Solution NMR structure of Apo-calmodulin in complex with the IQ motif of human cardiac sodium channel NaV1.5. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:106-19 pubmed publisher..The structure also provides insight into the biochemical basis for disease-associated mutations that map to the IQ motif in Na(V)1.5. ..
- Felipe A, Knittle T, Doyle K, Snyders D, Tamkun M. Differential expression of Isk mRNAs in mouse tissue during development and pregnancy. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:C700-5 pubmed..Furthermore, the drastic changes in transcript levels before delivery and after birth suggest that Isk plays a significant role in myometrium during late pregnancy and delivery...
- Mueller S, White J, Schraw W, Lam V, Richmond A. Ligand-induced desensitization of the human CXC chemokine receptor-2 is modulated by multiple serine residues in the carboxyl-terminal domain of the receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8207-14 pubmed
- Berry L, Gould K. Fission yeast dim1(+) encodes a functionally conserved polypeptide essential for mitosis. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:1337-54 pubmed..Based on TBZ sensitivity and failed chromosome segregation in dim1-35, we further speculate that Dim1p may play a role in mitotic spindle formation and/or function. ..
- Zhang R, Averboukh L, Zhu W, Zhang H, Jo H, Dempsey P, et al. Identification of rCop-1, a new member of the CCN protein family, as a negative regulator for cell transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6131-41 pubmed..These results suggest that rCop-1 represents a new class of CCN family proteins that have functions opposing those of the previously identified members. ..
- Jisaka M, Kim R, Boeglin W, Brash A. Identification of amino acid determinants of the positional specificity of mouse 8S-lipoxygenase and human 15S-lipoxygenase-2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1287-93 pubmed..Thus, this positional determinant of the 8-LOX and 15-LOX-2 may have significance for other lipoxygenases. ..
- Zhao R, Qi Y, Zhao Z. FYVE-DSP1, a dual-specificity protein phosphatase containing an FYVE domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:222-9 pubmed..Finally, PCR analyses demonstrated that FYVE-DSP1 is widely distributed in human tissues but different spliced forms expressed differently. ..
- Kendirgi F, Barry D, Griffis E, Powers M, Wente S. An essential role for hGle1 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in mRNA export. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:1029-40 pubmed..These findings pinpoint the first functional motif in hGle1 and link hGle1 to the dynamic mRNA export mechanism. ..
- Yu X, Gupta A, Wang Y, Suzuki K, Mirosevich J, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 interact with the androgen receptor to regulate prostate and epididymal genes differentially. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1061:77-93 pubmed..Given that Foxa1 and Foxa2 proteins are expressed differentially in the prostate and epididymis, these data suggest that the Foxa proteins have distinct effects on AR-regulated genes in different male reproductive accessory organs. ..
- Szapacs M, Riggins J, Zimmerman L, Liebler D. Covalent adduction of human serum albumin by 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal: kinetic analysis of competing alkylation reactions. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10521-8 pubmed..H242 adducts may be preferred products of adduction by lipophilic electrophiles and may comprise a family of biomarkers for oxidative stress. ..
- Robertson P, Warren E, Zhang H, Friedman D, Lary J, Cole J, et al. Domain architecture and biochemical characterization of vertebrate Mcm10. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3338-48 pubmed
- Roland J, Lapierre L, Goldenring J. Alternative splicing in class V myosins determines association with Rab10. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1213-23 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Rab GTPases regulate diverse endocytic trafficking pathways through recruitment of multiple myosin V isoforms. ..
- Kim H, Tallman K, Liebler D, Porter N. An azido-biotin reagent for use in the isolation of protein adducts of lipid-derived electrophiles by streptavidin catch and photorelease. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:2080-9 pubmed publisher..Protein catch and photorelease shows that both HSA and ApoA1 in human plasma undergo significant modification by aHNE. ..
- Singha U, Sharma S, Chaudhuri M. Downregulation of mitochondrial porin inhibits cell growth and alters respiratory phenotype in Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1418-28 pubmed publisher..We also found that the expressions of TAO and CP proteins are coordinately regulated in T. brucei according to mitochondrial energy demand...
- Clément A, Solnica Krezel L, Gould K. The Cdc14B phosphatase contributes to ciliogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:291-302 pubmed publisher..This first study of a loss of function of a Cdc14 family member in a vertebrate organism reveals a new role for Cdc14B in ciliogenesis and consequently in a number of developmental processes. ..
- Gagnon K, Rios K, Delpire E. Functional insights into the activation mechanism of Ste20-related kinases. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:1219-30 pubmed publisher..Sea urchin/mouse OSR1 chimeras and kinase stabilization with mouse Cab39 has provided some novel insights into the activation mechanism of the Ste20-related kinases. ..
- Singleton C, Xiong Y, Kirsten J, Pendleton K. eIF2? kinases regulate development through the BzpR transcription factor in Dictyostelium discoideum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32500 pubmed publisher..Its production is temporally and spatially regulated by eIF2? phosphorylation by IfkA and IfkB and through the use of uORFs within the bzpR 5' UTR. ..
- Ged C, Umbenhauer D, Bellew T, Bork R, Srivastava P, Shinriki N, et al. Characterization of cDNAs, mRNAs, and proteins related to human liver microsomal cytochrome P-450 (S)-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 1988;27:6929-40 pubmed
- Schworer C, Colbran R, Keefer J, Soderling T. Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Identification of a regulatory autophosphorylation site adjacent to the inhibitory and calmodulin-binding domains. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13486-9 pubmed..e. His-Arg-Gln-Glu-Thr(PO4)-. These findings indicate that autophosphorylation of Thr286 (alpha subunit) and Thr287 (beta subunit) is responsible for transition of CaM-kinase II to the Ca2+-independent form. ..
- Brash A, Boeglin W, Chang M. Discovery of a second 15S-lipoxygenase in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6148-52 pubmed..The different catalytic activities and tissue distribution suggest a distinct function for the new enzyme compared with the previously reported human 15S-lipoxygenase. ..