Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Muraoka R, Lenferink A, Law B, Hamilton E, Brantley D, Roebuck L, et al. ErbB2/Neu-induced, cyclin D1-dependent transformation is accelerated in p27-haploinsufficient mammary epithelial cells but impaired in p27-null cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2204-19 pubmed..These results suggest that p27(+/-) mammary epithelium may be more susceptible to oncogene-induced tumorigenesis, whereas p27-null glands, due to severely impaired cyclin D1/Cdk4 function, are more resistant to transformation. ..
- Li J, Barnard D, Patton J. A unique glutamic acid-lysine (EK) domain acts as a splicing inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39485-92 pubmed..Thus, the unique EK domain of SRrp86 plays a modulatory role controlling RS domain function. ..
- Sawaoka H, Dixon D, Oates J, Boutaud O. Tristetraprolin binds to the 3'-untranslated region of cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA. A polyadenylation variant in a cancer cell line lacks the binding site. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13928-35 pubmed..However, the truncated transcript escaped tristetraprolin binding and downregulation. ..
- Osipovich A, White Grindley E, Hicks G, Roshon M, Shaffer C, Moore J, et al. Activation of cryptic 3' splice sites within introns of cellular genes following gene entrapment. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2912-24 pubmed..These results clarify the mechanisms of gene entrapment by U3 gene trap vectors and illustrate features of exon definition required for 3' processing and polyadenylation of cellular transcripts. ..
- Huang F, Matthies H, Speese S, Smith M, Broadie K. Rolling blackout, a newly identified PIP2-DAG pathway lipase required for Drosophila phototransduction. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1070-8 pubmed..The RBO requirement identifies an essential regulatory step in G-protein-coupled, PLC-dependent inositol lipid signaling mediating activation of TRP and TRPL channels during phototransduction. ..
- Daikoku T, Tranguch S, Friedman D, Das S, Smith D, Dey S. Proteomic analysis identifies immunophilin FK506 binding protein 4 (FKBP52) as a downstream target of Hoxa10 in the periimplantation mouse uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:683-97 pubmed..Collectively, these results and the female infertility phenotype of FKBP52 suggest that a Hoxa10-FKBP52 signaling axis is critical to uterine receptivity and implantation. ..
- Weitkamp J, Lafleur B, Crowe J. Rotavirus-specific CD5+ B cells in young children exhibit a distinct antibody repertoire compared with CD5- B cells. Hum Immunol. 2006;67:33-42 pubmed
- Myers J, Zhao R, Xu X, Ham A, Cortez D. Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 dependent phosphorylation of ATRIP regulates the G2-M checkpoint response to DNA damage. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6685-90 pubmed..Thus, ATRIP is a CDK2 substrate, and CDK2-dependent phosphorylation of S224 regulates the ability of ATR-ATRIP to promote cell cycle arrest in response to DNA damage. ..
- Weiner B, Huang H, Dattilo B, Nilges M, Fanning E, Chazin W. An iron-sulfur cluster in the C-terminal domain of the p58 subunit of human DNA primase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33444-51 pubmed..Our results offer new horizons in which to investigate the function of high potential [4Fe-4S] clusters in DNA-processing machinery. ..
- Xu X, Vaithiyalingam S, Glick G, Mordes D, Chazin W, Cortez D. The basic cleft of RPA70N binds multiple checkpoint proteins, including RAD9, to regulate ATR signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7345-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the basic cleft of the RPA70 N-terminal OB-fold domain binds multiple checkpoint proteins, including RAD9, to promote ATR signaling. ..
- Kobayashi H, Lin P. Molecular characterization of IL-32 in human endothelial cells. Cytokine. 2009;46:351-8 pubmed publisher..These findings improve our understanding of IL-32 in vascular endothelium. IL-32 expression might be valuable as a biomarker for cancer. ..
- Deweese J, Guengerich F, Burgin A, Osheroff N. Metal ion interactions in the DNA cleavage/ligation active site of human topoisomerase IIalpha. Biochemistry. 2009;48:8940-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we propose that M(1)(2+) interacts with E461, D543, and D545 and M(2)(2+) interacts with E461 and D541. ..
- Ivanova A, Ivanov S, Prudkin L, Nonaka D, Liu Z, Tsao A, et al. Mechanisms of FUS1/TUSC2 deficiency in mesothelioma and its tumorigenic transcriptional effects. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:91 pubmed publisher..Our data support immuno-therapeutic potential of TUSC2, define its targets, and underscore its importance as a transcriptional stimulator of anti-tumorigenic pathways. ..
- Snyder J, Kearns C, Appel B. Fbxw7 regulates Notch to control specification of neural precursors for oligodendrocyte fate. Neural Dev. 2012;7:15 pubmed publisher..Notch signaling promotes glia cell formation from neural precursors in vertebrate embryos. Our data indicate that Fbxw7 helps attenuate Notch signaling during zebrafish neural development thereby limiting the number of OPCs. ..
- Ullery J, Marnett L. Protein modification by oxidized phospholipids and hydrolytically released lipid electrophiles: Investigating cellular responses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1818:2424-35 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Oxidized phospholipids-their properties and interactions with proteins. ..
- Aiyegbo M, Sapparapu G, Spiller B, Eli I, Williams D, Kim R, et al. Human rotavirus VP6-specific antibodies mediate intracellular neutralization by binding to a quaternary structure in the transcriptional pore. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61101 pubmed publisher..This unique mucosal mechanism of viral neutralization, which is not apparent from conventional immunoassays, may contribute significantly to human immunity to RV...
- Price R, Weiner D, Chang M, Sanders Bush E. RNA editing of the human serotonin 5-HT2C receptor alters receptor-mediated activation of G13 protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44663-8 pubmed..Thus, RNA editing represents a novel mechanism for regulating the pattern of activation of heterotrimeric G-proteins, molecular switches that control an enormous variety of biological processes. ..
- Wang Z, Schey K. Phosphorylation and truncation sites of bovine lens connexin 46 and connexin 50. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:898-904 pubmed publisher..In an analysis of dissected lenses some truncation sites were specific to nucleus samples and others were detected in both nucleus and cortex samples...
- Ganter P, Cardinali G, Boundy Mills K. Pichia insulana sp. nov., a novel cactophilic yeast from the Caribbean. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2010;60:1001-7 pubmed publisher..cactophila and P. pseudocactophila. The type strain of P. insulana is TSU00-106.5(T) (=CBS 11169(T) =UCD-FST 09-160(T)). ..
- Krug U, Alexander N, Stein R, Keim A, McHaourab H, StrÃ¤ter N, et al. Characterization of the Domain Orientations of E. coli 5'-Nucleotidase by Fitting an Ensemble of Conformers to DEER Distance Distributions. Structure. 2016;24:43-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, in the presence of substrate, efficient catalysis is provided by the simultaneous appearance of open conformers (binding substrate or releasing product) and closed conformers (enabling the turnover of the substrate). ..
- Funk C, Funk L, Fitzgerald G, Samuelsson B. Characterization of human 12-lipoxygenase genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3962-6 pubmed..There was no detectable 12-lipoxygenase gene 2 expression in several tissues and cell lines. ..
- Polte T, Hanks S. Interaction between focal adhesion kinase and Crk-associated tyrosine kinase substrate p130Cas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:10678-82 pubmed..The Src family kinase Fyn, whose Src homology 2 (SH2) domain binds to the major FAK autophosphorylation site (tyrosine 397), was also identified in the two-hybrid screen. ..
- Ruff Jamison S, Chen K, Cohen S. Epidermal growth factor induces the tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of Stat 5 in mouse liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4215-8 pubmed..Furthermore, gel-shift analysis and affinity purification revealed that Stat 5, Stat 1 alpha, and Stat 1 beta specifically bind to the prolactin inducible element upstream of the beta-casein promoter. ..
- Jensen R, Thompson M, Jetton T, Szabo C, van der Meer R, Helou B, et al. BRCA1 is secreted and exhibits properties of a granin. Nat Genet. 1996;12:303-8 pubmed..As a regulated secretory protein, BRCA1 appears to function by a mechanism not previously described for tumour suppressor gene products. ..
- Barnes J, Anthony C, Wall N, Steiner M. Bone morphogenetic protein-6 expression in normal and malignant prostate. World J Urol. 1995;13:337-43 pubmed..Moreover, BMP-6 may contribute to prostate neoplastic behavior even in the absence of androgens. ..
- Teplova M, Tereshko V, Sanishvili R, Joachimiak A, Bushueva T, Anderson W, et al. The structure of the yrdC gene product from Escherichia coli reveals a new fold and suggests a role in RNA binding. Protein Sci. 2000;9:2557-66 pubmed..Our work provides evidence that 3D structures of functionally uncharacterized gene products with unique sequences can yield novel folds and functional insights. ..
- Liu K, Hua Z, Nepute J, Graham T. Yeast P4-ATPases Drs2p and Dnf1p are essential cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p endocytic pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:487-500 pubmed..These results demonstrate an essential role for endocytosis in retrieving proteins back to the Golgi, and they define critical cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p system...
- Van Horn W, Kim H, Ellis C, Hadziselimovic A, Sulistijo E, Karra M, et al. Solution nuclear magnetic resonance structure of membrane-integral diacylglycerol kinase. Science. 2009;324:1726-9 pubmed publisher..Mutations to cysteine that caused severe misfolding were located in or near the active site, indicating a high degree of overlap between sites responsible for folding and for catalysis. ..
- Schonbaum C, Organ E, Qu S, Cavener D. The Drosophila melanogaster stranded at second (sas) gene encodes a putative epidermal cell surface receptor required for larval development. Dev Biol. 1992;151:431-45 pubmed..Following this region are at least three copies of a fibronectin type III class repeat. The short (35 amino acids) intracellular domain contains a sequence (NPXY) that has been implicated in endocytosis via coated pits. ..
- Deal K, Lovinger D, Tamkun M. The brain Kv1.1 potassium channel: in vitro and in vivo studies on subunit assembly and posttranslational processing. J Neurosci. 1994;14:1666-76 pubmed..Together these results suggest (1) heteromeric assembly of Shaker-like channels is cotranslational, and (2) N207 glycosylation of Kv1.1 occurs but is not required for subunit assembly, transport, or function. ..
- Pawlak M, Scherer C, Chen J, Roshon M, Ruley H. Arginine N-methyltransferase 1 is required for early postimplantation mouse development, but cells deficient in the enzyme are viable. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4859-69 pubmed..Prmt1 appears to be a major type I enzyme in ES cells, and in wild-type cells, most substrates of the enzyme appear to be maintained in a fully methylated state. ..
- Vigerust D, Egan B, Shepherd V. HIV-1 Nef mediates post-translational down-regulation and redistribution of the mannose receptor. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:522-34 pubmed..These data suggest that the MR is a potential intracellular target of Nef and that this regulation may represent a mechanism to further cripple the host innate immune system. ..
- Quick R, Dunlap J, Jessen J. Expression analysis of zebrafish membrane type-2 matrix metalloproteinases during embryonic development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:254-60 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide a foundation for uncovering the role of Mmp15-dependent pericellular proteolysis during zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Furuta H, Guo D, Inagami T. Molecular cloning and sequencing of the gene encoding human angiotensin II type 1 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:8-13 pubmed..Amino acid substitutions specific to the human AT1 receptor were mostly confined to the carboxy terminal half of the molecule. The seven-transmembrane domains are well-conserved in those sequences. ..
- Ramarao C, Burks D, Garbers D. A single mRNA encodes multiple copies of the egg peptide speract. Biochemistry. 1990;29:3383-8 pubmed..The various speract and speract-like peptides found in egg-conditioned media, therefore, reflect, in part, variable structures within a single copy of mRNA.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- DeGregori J, Russ A, von Melchner H, Rayburn H, Priyaranjan P, Jenkins N, et al. A murine homolog of the yeast RNA1 gene is required for postimplantation development. Genes Dev. 1994;8:265-76 pubmed..These similarities suggest that Fug1 may be required for developmental changes in RNA processing or chromatin structure prior to gastrulation. ..
- Pitts R, Zwiebel L. Isolation and characterization of the Xanthine dehydrogenase gene of the Mediterranean fruit fly, Ceratitis capitata. Genetics. 2001;158:1645-55 pubmed..Conclusive studies of the nature of the medfly rosy mutant will require rescue by germline transformation of mutant medflies. ..
- Grady B, Samuels D, Robbins G, Selph D, Canter J, Pollard R, et al. Mitochondrial genomics and CD4 T-cell count recovery after antiretroviral therapy initiation in AIDS clinical trials group study 384. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011;58:363-70 pubmed publisher..These initial findings warrant replication and further investigation to confirm the role of mtDNA variation in CD4 cell recovery during ART. ..
- Souza Fagundes E, Frank A, Feldkamp M, Dorset D, Chazin W, Rossanese O, et al. A high-throughput fluorescence polarization anisotropy assay for the 70N domain of replication protein A. Anal Biochem. 2012;421:742-9 pubmed publisher..The FPA assay was performed with a Z' factor of ? 0.76 in a 384-well format and identified several compounds capable of inhibiting the RPA70N binding interface. ..
- Fu C, Bardhan S, Cetateanu N, Wamil B, Wang Y, Yan H, et al. Identification of a novel membrane protein, HP59, with therapeutic potential as a target of tumor angiogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:4182-94 pubmed..These results and the immunohistochemistry data suggest a therapeutic potential for the CM101 target protein HP59 both as a drug target and as a vaccine against pathoangiogenesis. ..
- Tsuzuki S, Ichiki T, Nakakubo H, Kitami Y, Guo D, Shirai H, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the gene encoding human angiotensin II type 2 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:1449-54 pubmed..Scatchard analysis and ligand displacement profile were typical of the AT2 receptor. Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction analysis showed that AT2 receptor mRNA was expressed in adult uterus and pheochromocytoma. ..
- Burns J, Adeeku E, Dunn P. Protective immunization with a novel membrane protein of Plasmodium yoelii-infected erythrocytes. Infect Immun. 1999;67:675-80 pubmed..As such, pypAg-1 appears to contain at least two distinct protective epitopes. To our knowledge, this is the first characterization of a protective antigen of P. yoelii that is associated with the erythrocyte membrane. ..
- Chaudhuri M. Cloning and characterization of a novel serine/threonine protein phosphatase type 5 from Trypanosoma brucei. Gene. 2001;266:1-13 pubmed..brucei. ..
- Rogers C, Vanoye C, Sullenger B, George A. Functional repair of a mutant chloride channel using a trans-splicing ribozyme. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:1783-9 pubmed..These results indicate that RNA repair can restore wild-type protein activity and reveal considerable cell-to-cell variability in ribozyme-mediated trans-splicing reaction efficiency. ..
- Jones C, Kuehn M, Hogan B, Smith J, Wright C. Nodal-related signals induce axial mesoderm and dorsalize mesoderm during gastrulation. Development. 1995;121:3651-62 pubmed
- Burns J, Belk C, Dunn P. A protective glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane protein of Plasmodium yoelii trophozoites and merozoites contains two epidermal growth factor-like domains. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6189-95 pubmed..yoelii malaria. Thus, pypAg-2 is a target of protective immune responses and represents a novel addition to the family of merozoite surface proteins that contain one or more EGF-like domains. ..
- Guan Y, Zhang Y, Schneider A, Davis L, Breyer R, Breyer M. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma activity is associated with renal microvasculature. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F1036-46 pubmed..These data suggest that constitutive PPAR gamma activity exists in renal glomeruli in vivo and could provide a pharmacological target to directly modulate glomerular injury...
- Pimenta A, Levitt P. Characterization of the genomic structure of the mouse limbic system-associated membrane protein (Lsamp) gene. Genomics. 2004;83:790-801 pubmed
- Cai S, Bulus N, Fonseca Siesser P, Chen D, Hanks S, Pozzi A, et al. CD98 modulates integrin beta1 function in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:889-99 pubmed
- Beck C, Fahlke C, George A. Molecular basis for decreased muscle chloride conductance in the myotonic goat. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:11248-52 pubmed..These results provide a molecular basis for the decreased chloride conductance in myotonic muscle...
- Endsley J, Phillips J, Hruska K, Denneberg T, Carlson J, George A. Genomic organization of a human cystine transporter gene (SLC3A1) and identification of novel mutations causing cystinuria. Kidney Int. 1997;51:1893-9 pubmed..Our findings provide a foundation for the development of more accessible diagnostic screening assays for detecting SLC3A1 mutations using patient genomic DNA, and also contribute to the emerging spectrum of cystinuria genotypes. ..
- Ong D, Newcomer M, Lareyre J, Orgebin Crist M. Epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1482:209-17 pubmed
- Bischof L, Enan E. Cloning, expression and functional analysis of an octopamine receptor from Periplaneta americana. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:511-21 pubmed..The data indicate that this cDNA is the first octopamine receptor cloned from Periplaneta americana and therefore has been named Pa oa1...
- Yoshida H, Kakuchi J, Guo D, Furuta H, Iwai N, van der Meer de Jong R, et al. Analysis of the evolution of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene in mammals (mouse, rat, bovine and human). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:1042-9 pubmed..This conclusion was consistent with the results of genomic Southern blot analyses, which revealed that the mouse and rat possess 2 similar but separate genes, whereas the bovine and human have only a single class gene. ..
- Adamski F, Zhu M, Bahiraei F, Shieh B. Interaction of eye protein kinase C and INAD in Drosophila. Localization of binding domains and electrophysiological characterization of a loss of association in transgenic flies. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17713-9 pubmed
- Joo M, Park G, Wright J, Blackwell T, Atchison M, Christman J. Transcriptional regulation of the cyclooxygenase-2 gene in macrophages by PU.1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6658-65 pubmed..We speculate that a combinatorial role of PU.1 and C/EBP-beta mediates the robust production of COX-2 products by macrophages which occurs in Gram-negative bacterial sepsis. ..
- Ma S, Hill K, Burk R, Caprioli R. Mass spectrometric determination of selenenylsulfide linkages in rat selenoprotein P. J Mass Spectrom. 2005;40:400-4 pubmed..It is concluded that selenoprotein P contains these two selenenylsulfide bonds. ..
- Li C, Zienkiewicz J, Hawiger J. Interactive sites in the MyD88 Toll/interleukin (IL) 1 receptor domain responsible for coupling to the IL1beta signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26152-9 pubmed..Mutations in Box 2 and 3 prevented homotypic MyD88 oligomerization via TIR domain. Based on this structure-function analysis, a three-dimensional docking model of TIR-TIR interaction between MyD88 and IL1RAcP was developed. ..
- Song K, Mach K, Chen C, Reynolds T, Albright C. A novel suppressor of ras1 in fission yeast, byr4, is a dosage-dependent inhibitor of cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 1996;133:1307-19 pubmed..A slower migrating byr4 protein was found in cells with a mutation in the beta-tubulin gene, which arrests cells at the metaphase-anaphase transition. ..
- Kingma P, Bok D, Ong D. Bovine epidermal fatty acid-binding protein: determination of ligand specificity and cellular localization in retina and testis. Biochemistry. 1998;37:3250-7 pubmed
- Keplinger B, Guo X, Quine J, Feng Y, Cavener D. Complex organization of promoter and enhancer elements regulate the tissue- and developmental stage-specific expression of the Drosophila melanogaster Gld gene. Genetics. 2001;157:699-716 pubmed..We report evidence that the other two pairs of organs are developmentally homologous as well. A comprehensive model to explain the full developmental regulation of Gld and its evolution is presented. ..
- Vargo Gogola T, Crawford H, Fingleton B, Matrisian L. Identification of novel matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) cleavage sites in murine and human Fas ligand. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;408:155-61 pubmed..We conclude that the controversy regarding the biological activity of sFasL may be explained, in part, by the generation of distinct forms of sFasL as a result of cleavage at specific sequences. ..
- Zeng F, Zhang M, Singh A, Zent R, Harris R. ErbB4 isoforms selectively regulate growth factor induced Madin-Darby canine kidney cell tubulogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4446-56 pubmed
- Wang F, Li F, Ganguly M, Marky L, Gold B, Egli M, et al. A bridging water anchors the tethered 5-(3-aminopropyl)-2'-deoxyuridine amine in the DNA major groove proximate to the N+2 C.G base pair: implications for formation of interstrand 5'-GNC-3' cross-links by nitrogen mustards. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7147-57 pubmed publisher..G base pair, facilitating interstrand cross-linking. ..
- Kleschenko Y, Karpenko L, Villalta F. Effects of human defensin-Î±(1)on Trypanosoma cruzi trypomastigotes in vitro. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2010;149:731-3 pubmed..This effect is determined by fragmentation of parasite DNA reducing the capacity of passaged T. cruzi to invade HeLa cells. ..
- Song W, Funk C, Brash A. Molecular cloning of an allene oxide synthase: a cytochrome P450 specialized for the metabolism of fatty acid hydroperoxides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8519-23 pubmed..The flaxseed enzyme is prototypical of this family of enzymes that remain to be characterized in plants and animals. ..
- Gagnon K, England R, Delpire E. A single binding motif is required for SPAK activation of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:131-42 pubmed
- Kallianpur A, Jordan J, Brandt S. The SCL/TAL-1 gene is expressed in progenitors of both the hematopoietic and vascular systems during embryogenesis. Blood. 1994;83:1200-8 pubmed..Finally, expression of the gene in developing brain, cartilage, and vascular endothelium indicates SCL may have actions in neural development, osteogenesis, and vasculogenesis, as well as in hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Xu M, Zhao R, Zhao Z. Identification and characterization of leukocyte-associated Ig-like receptor-1 as a major anchor protein of tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in hematopoietic cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:17440-6 pubmed..As a major binding protein of SHP-1 on the plasma membrane, LAIR-1 may play an important role in hematopoietic cell signaling. ..
- Dangott L, Jordan J, Bellet R, Garbers D. Cloning of the mRNA for the protein that crosslinks to the egg peptide speract. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:2128-32 pubmed..5-kilobase RNA. Preliminary data show the presence of hybridizing RNA of the same apparent size in other sea urchin species, including Arbacia punctulata, which does not respond to speract...
- Xu Y, Johnson C. A clock- and light-regulated gene that links the circadian oscillator to LHCB gene expression. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1411-25 pubmed
- Pedchenko V, Zent R, Hudson B. Alpha(v)beta3 and alpha(v)beta5 integrins bind both the proximal RGD site and non-RGD motifs within noncollagenous (NC1) domain of the alpha3 chain of type IV collagen: implication for the mechanism of endothelia cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2772-80 pubmed..Therefore, the RGD site, in addition to non-RGD motifs, may contribute to the mechanisms of endothelial cell adhesion in the human vasculature and the anti-angiogenic activity of the RGD-alpha3NC1 domain. ..
- Dodson M, Prince M, Anderson W, Lloyd R. Site-directed deletion mutagenesis within the T4 endonuclease V gene: dispensable sequences within putative loop regions. Mutat Res. 1991;255:19-29 pubmed..This result supports the hypothesis that these regions are adjacent in the enzyme tertiary structure. ..
- Tarumi T, Kravtsov D, Zhao M, Williams S, Gailani D. Cloning and characterization of the human factor XI gene promoter: transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha (HNF-4alpha ) is required for hepatocyte-specific expression of factor XI. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18510-6 pubmed..When a rat HNF-4alpha expression construct is co-transfected into HeLa cells, factor XI promoter activity is enhanced approximately 10-fold. We conclude that HNF-4alpha is required for hepatocyte-specific expression of factor XI. ..
- Yun C, Hammons G, Jones G, Martin M, Hopkins N, Alworth W, et al. Modification of cytochrome P450 1A2 enzymes by the mechanism-based inactivator 2-ethynylnaphthalene and the photoaffinity label 4-azidobiphenyl. Biochemistry. 1992;31:10556-63 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Tiller G, Weis M, Polumbo P, Gruber H, Rimoin D, Cohn D, et al. An RNA-splicing mutation (G+5IVS20) in the type II collagen gene (COL2A1) in a family with spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:388-95 pubmed
- Topczewska J, Topczewski J, Solnica Krezel L, Hogan B. Sequence and expression of zebrafish foxc1a and foxc1b, encoding conserved forkhead/winged helix transcription factors. Mech Dev. 2001;100:343-7 pubmed..Early expression of foxc1a in the paraxial mesoderm is modified in chordino, swirl, somitabun, and spadetail mutants. ..
- Ma S, Hill K, Burk R, Caprioli R. Mass spectrometric identification of N- and O-glycosylation sites of full-length rat selenoprotein P and determination of selenide-sulfide and disulfide linkages in the shortest isoform. Biochemistry. 2003;42:9703-11 pubmed..The disulfide formed by Cys153-Cys156 also has some characteristics of a redox active pair. ..
- Calalb M, Fox D, Hanks S. Molecular cloning and enzymatic analysis of the rat homolog of "PhK-gamma T," an isoform of phosphorylase kinase catalytic subunit. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1455-63 pubmed..We conclude that PhK-gamma T represents a true isoform of phosphorylase kinase catalytic subunit. ..
- Newcomer M, Ong D. Purification and crystallization of a retinoic acid-binding protein from rat epididymis. Identity with the major androgen-dependent epididymal proteins. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12876-9 pubmed..The epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein has been crystallized from 39 to 43% saturated ammonium sulfate, 10 mm Tris, pH 8.0. The crystals are space group P2(1), with a = 39.4, b = 58.9, c = 65.4 a, beta = 105 degrees 16 min. ..
- Tomlin G, Morrell J, Gould K. The spindle pole body protein Cdc11p links Sid4p to the fission yeast septation initiation network. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1203-14 pubmed..The N-terminus of Cdc11p is required for Spg1p binding to SPBs. Our studies indicate that Cdc11p provides a physical link between Sid4p and the Spg1p signaling pathway. ..
- Samaras S, Cissell M, Gerrish K, Wright C, Gannon M, Stein R. Conserved sequences in a tissue-specific regulatory region of the pdx-1 gene mediate transcription in Pancreatic beta cells: role for hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 beta and Pax6. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4702-13 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest an important role for both HNF3 beta and Pax6 in regulating pdx-1 expression in beta cells. ..
- Kloeker S, Bryant J, Strack S, Colbran R, Wadzinski B. Carboxymethylation of nuclear protein serine/threonine phosphatase X. Biochem J. 1997;327 ( Pt 2):481-6 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 269, 16311-16317]. Together, our results indicate that the PPX catalytic subunit is a predominantly nuclear phosphatase and is methylated at its C-terminus. ..
- Gu J, Xia X, Yan P, Liu H, Podust V, Reynolds A, et al. Cell cycle-dependent regulation of a human DNA helicase that localizes in DNA damage foci. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3320-32 pubmed..We propose that the helicase of HDHB operates primarily during G1 to process endogenous DNA damage before the G1/S transition, and it is largely sequestered in the cytoplasm during S/G2. ..
- Goenka S, Cho S, Boothby M. Collaborator of Stat6 (CoaSt6)-associated poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity modulates Stat6-dependent gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18732-9 pubmed..Taken together, we have identified a CoaSt6-associated PARP activity and provided evidence for a role of poly(ADP ribosyl)ation in Stat-mediated transcriptional responses involving a novel PARP. ..
- Kamata N, Holt J. Inhibitory effect of myristylation on transrepression by FBR (Gag-Fos) protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:876-82 pubmed
- Chaudhuri M, Ajayi W, Hill G. Biochemical and molecular properties of the Trypanosoma brucei alternative oxidase. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1998;95:53-68 pubmed..Together, these points suggest that E215 plays an important role in the function of TAO. The steady state level of TAO mRNA is down-regulated in the procyclic stage presumably accounting for the low levels of TAO protein in these forms. ..
- Hill K, Lloyd R, Yang J, Read R, Burk R. The cDNA for rat selenoprotein P contains 10 TGA codons in the open reading frame. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10050-3 pubmed..The primary structure of selenoprotein P suggests that it might be responsible for some of the antioxidant properties of selenium. ..
- Baker N, Kucera G, Richmond A. Nucleotide sequence of the human melanoma growth stimulatory activity (MGSA) gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6453 pubmed