Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications320 found, 100 shown here
- McAllister Lucas L, Haik T, Colbran J, Sonnenburg W, Seger D, Turko I, et al. An essential aspartic acid at each of two allosteric cGMP-binding sites of a cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30671-9 pubmed
- Berry L, Feoktistova A, Wright M, Gould K. The schizosaccharomyces pombe dim1(+) gene interacts with the anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome (APC/C) component lid1(+) and is required for APC/C function. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2535-46 pubmed..These data suggest that at least one role of dim1p is to maintain or establish the steady-state level of the APC/C. ..
- Feoktistova A, McCollum D, Ohi R, Gould K. Identification and characterization of Schizosaccharomyces pombe asp1(+), a gene that interacts with mutations in the Arp2/3 complex and actin. Genetics. 1999;152:895-908 pubmed..Moreover, the vip1 disruption strain showed a negative genetic interaction with a las17Delta strain. We conclude that Asp1p/Vip1p is important for the function of the cortical actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Tulsiani D, Abou haila A. Mammalian sperm molecules that are potentially important in interaction with female genital tract and egg vestments. Zygote. 2001;9:51-69 pubmed..An understanding of the expression and modifications of molecules thought to be important in multiple events leading to fertilisation will allow new strategies to block these modifications and alter sperm function. ..
- Martin C, Bischof L, Bergman B, Hornbuckle L, Hilliker C, Frigeri C, et al. Cloning and characterization of the human and rat islet-specific glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit-related protein (IGRP) genes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25197-207 pubmed..The results provide a framework for the further analysis of the molecular basis for the tissue-restricted expression of the IGRP gene and the identification of key amino acid sequences that determine its biological activity. ..
- Tikhomirov O, Carpenter G. Identification of ErbB-2 kinase domain motifs required for geldanamycin-induced degradation. Cancer Res. 2003;63:39-43 pubmed..Interestingly, these ErbB-2 mutants are specifically resistant to GA-induced degradation but retain sensitivity to other drugs, such as staurospore and curcumin, which are also able to provoke ErbB-2 degradation. ..
- Brockway S, Clay C, Lu X, Denison M. Characterization of the expression, intracellular localization, and replication complex association of the putative mouse hepatitis virus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. J Virol. 2003;77:10515-27 pubmed..This study demonstrates that viral or virus-induced factors are necessary for Pol to associate with membranes of replication complexes, and it identifies a defined region of Pol that may mediate its interactions with those factors. ..
- Fowke J, Shu X, Dai Q, Jin F, Cai Q, Gao Y, et al. Oral contraceptive use and breast cancer risk: modification by NAD(P)H:quinone oxoreductase (NQO1) genetic polymorphisms. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:1308-15 pubmed..43-6.25; C/T or T/T OR 0.49, 95% CI 0.29-0.81; P for interaction < 0.01). Our results require confirmation but suggest that the OC and breast cancer association depends on the ability to invoke protection from catechol estrogens. ..
- Guglielmi K, Johnson E, Stehle T, Dermody T. Attachment and cell entry of mammalian orthoreovirus. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2006;309:1-38 pubmed
- Choe K, Strange K. Evolutionarily conserved WNK and Ste20 kinases are essential for acute volume recovery and survival after hypertonic shrinkage in Caenorhabditis elegans. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C915-27 pubmed
- Xu X, Hotta C, Dodd A, Love J, Sharrock R, Lee Y, et al. Distinct light and clock modulation of cytosolic free Ca2+ oscillations and rhythmic CHLOROPHYLL A/B BINDING PROTEIN2 promoter activity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3474-90 pubmed
- Bridges T, Lebois E, Hopkins C, Wood M, Jones C, Conn P, et al. The antipsychotic potential of muscarinic allosteric modulation. Drug News Perspect. 2010;23:229-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that selective allosteric activation of either M(1) or M(4) has antipsychotic potential through distinct, yet complimentary mechanisms. ..
- Henry R, Kendall P, Woodward E, Hulbert C, Thomas J. Vkappa polymorphisms in NOD mice are spread throughout the entire immunoglobulin kappa locus and are shared by other autoimmune strains. Immunogenetics. 2010;62:507-20 pubmed publisher..Predicted amino acid changes preferentially occur in CDR, and thus could alter antigen recognition by the germline B cell repertoire of autoimmune versus non-autoimmune mouse strains. ..
- Baldridge R, Graham T. Identification of residues defining phospholipid flippase substrate specificity of type IV P-type ATPases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E290-8 pubmed publisher..Modeling of residues involved in substrate selection suggests a novel P-type ATPase transport pathway at the protein/lipid interface and a potential solution to the giant substrate problem. ..
- Gu H, Planas J, Gomez R, Wilson D. Full length mouse glycophorin gene constructed using recombinant polymerase chain reaction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:202-8 pubmed..The corrected gene sequence for pGP315 is also reported. ..
- Miller D, Niemeyer C. Expression of the unc-4 homeoprotein in Caenorhabditis elegans motor neurons specifies presynaptic input. Development. 1995;121:2877-86 pubmed..Our results show that synaptic choice can be controlled at the level of transcription in the post-synaptic neuron and identify a homeoprotein that defines a subset of cell-specific traits required for this choice. ..
- Hazinski T, Noisin E, Hamon I, DeMatteo A. Sheep lung cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1): cDNA cloning and transcriptional regulation by oxygen tension. J Clin Invest. 1995;96:2083-9 pubmed..We speculate that oxygen induction of P450 activity in these cells may contribute to microvascular injury during oxygen breathing. ..
- Hann S, Dixit M, Sears R, Sealy L. The alternatively initiated c-Myc proteins differentially regulate transcription through a noncanonical DNA-binding site. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2441-52 pubmed..These results also suggest an interplay between two different growth regulatory transcription factor families. ..
- Francis S, Colbran J, McAllister Lucas L, Corbin J. Zinc interactions and conserved motifs of the cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase suggest that it is a zinc hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:22477-80 pubmed
- Chakrabarti A, Onaivi E, Chaudhuri G. Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding the mouse brain-type cannabinoid receptor protein. DNA Seq. 1995;5:385-8 pubmed..Comparison to rat and human CB1 sequences showed extensive homology (>96%) both at the nucleotide and protein levels implicating the importance of this protein in mammalian brain physiology. ..
- Kloeker S, Wadzinski B. Purification and identification of a novel subunit of protein serine/threonine phosphatase 4. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5339-47 pubmed..These data indicate that one form of PP4 is similar to the core complex of PP2A in that it consists of a catalytic subunit and a "PP2AA-like" structural subunit. ..
- Winnier A, Meir J, Ross J, Tavernarakis N, Driscoll M, Ishihara T, et al. UNC-4/UNC-37-dependent repression of motor neuron-specific genes controls synaptic choice in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2774-86 pubmed..The existence of mammalian homologs of UNC-4 and UNC-37 indicates that a similar mechanism could regulate synaptic choice in the vertebrate spinal cord. ..
- Gerrish K, Gannon M, Shih D, Henderson E, Stoffel M, Wright C, et al. Pancreatic beta cell-specific transcription of the pdx-1 gene. The role of conserved upstream control regions and their hepatic nuclear factor 3beta sites. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3485-92 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that the conserved sequences represented by areas I and II define the binding sites for factors such as HNF3beta, which control islet beta cell-selective expression of the pdx-1 gene. ..
- Streeper R, Svitek C, Goldman J, O Brien R. Differential role of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 in the regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase catalytic subunit gene transcription by cAMP in liver- and kidney-derived cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12108-18 pubmed
- Zheng W, Xie D, Cerhan J, Sellers T, Wen W, Folsom A. Sulfotransferase 1A1 polymorphism, endogenous estrogen exposure, well-done meat intake, and breast cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2001;10:89-94 pubmed..The results from this study suggest that homozygosity for the SULT1A1 His213 allele may be a risk factor for breast cancer, and its effect may be modified by the exposure level of endogenous estrogens and heterocyclic amines. ..
- White E, Moore Jarrett T, Ruley H. PUM2, a novel murine puf protein, and its consensus RNA-binding site. RNA. 2001;7:1855-66 pubmed..The characterization of PUM2 and potential RNA-binding site will assist efforts to assess the extent and mechanism by which mammalian genes are regulated at a posttranscriptional level. ..
- Piechotta K, Lu J, Delpire E. Cation chloride cotransporters interact with the stress-related kinases Ste20-related proline-alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress response 1 (OSR1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50812-9 pubmed..We conclude that several cation chloride co-transporters interact with SPAK and/or OSR1, and we hypothesize that this interaction might play a role during the initiation of the cellular stress response. ..
- Qiu Y, Guo M, Huang S, Stein R. Acetylation of the BETA2 transcription factor by p300-associated factor is important in insulin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9796-802 pubmed..These findings suggest that acetylation of BETA2 plays a role in controlling the activation state of this islet regulatory factor. ..
- Nickols H, Shah V, Chazin W, Limbird L. Calmodulin interacts with the V2 vasopressin receptor: elimination of binding to the C terminus also eliminates arginine vasopressin-stimulated elevation of intracellular calcium. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46969-80 pubmed
- Wilm T, Solnica Krezel L. Essential roles of a zebrafish prdm1/blimp1 homolog in embryo patterning and organogenesis. Development. 2005;132:393-404 pubmed..Our studies reveal essential roles for prdm1 in limiting the function of the gastrula organizer and regulating cell fate specification and morphogenetic processes in precise correspondence with its intricate expression pattern. ..
- Zamorano R, Suchindran S, Gainer J. 3'-Untranslated region of the type 2 bradykinin receptor is a potent regulator of gene expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F456-64 pubmed
- Vanacore R, Ham A, Voehler M, Sanders C, Conrads T, Veenstra T, et al. A sulfilimine bond identified in collagen IV. Science. 2009;325:1230-4 pubmed publisher..This bond, the nitrogen analog of a sulfoxide, appears to have arisen at the divergence of sponge and cnidaria, an adaptation of the extracellular matrix in response to mechanical stress in metazoan evolution. ..
- Raum J, Hunter C, Artner I, Henderson E, Guo M, Elghazi L, et al. Islet beta-cell-specific MafA transcription requires the 5'-flanking conserved region 3 control domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4234-44 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the nature of the cis- and trans-acting factors controlling the beta-cell-specific expression of MafA. ..
- Vilgelm A, Hong S, Washington M, Wei J, Chen H, el Rifai W, et al. Characterization of ?Np73 expression and regulation in gastric and esophageal tumors. Oncogene. 2010;29:5861-8 pubmed publisher..We found that HIC1 negatively regulates ?Np73 transcription in mucosal epithelial cells. This leads to a decrease in ?Np73 protein levels and may normally control the oncogenic potential of the ?Np73 isoform. ..
- Chagot B, Chazin W. Solution NMR structure of Apo-calmodulin in complex with the IQ motif of human cardiac sodium channel NaV1.5. J Mol Biol. 2011;406:106-19 pubmed publisher..The structure also provides insight into the biochemical basis for disease-associated mutations that map to the IQ motif in Na(V)1.5. ..
- Felipe A, Knittle T, Doyle K, Snyders D, Tamkun M. Differential expression of Isk mRNAs in mouse tissue during development and pregnancy. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:C700-5 pubmed..Furthermore, the drastic changes in transcript levels before delivery and after birth suggest that Isk plays a significant role in myometrium during late pregnancy and delivery...
- Mueller S, White J, Schraw W, Lam V, Richmond A. Ligand-induced desensitization of the human CXC chemokine receptor-2 is modulated by multiple serine residues in the carboxyl-terminal domain of the receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8207-14 pubmed
- Berry L, Gould K. Fission yeast dim1(+) encodes a functionally conserved polypeptide essential for mitosis. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:1337-54 pubmed..Based on TBZ sensitivity and failed chromosome segregation in dim1-35, we further speculate that Dim1p may play a role in mitotic spindle formation and/or function. ..
- Zhang R, Averboukh L, Zhu W, Zhang H, Jo H, Dempsey P, et al. Identification of rCop-1, a new member of the CCN protein family, as a negative regulator for cell transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6131-41 pubmed..These results suggest that rCop-1 represents a new class of CCN family proteins that have functions opposing those of the previously identified members. ..
- Jisaka M, Kim R, Boeglin W, Brash A. Identification of amino acid determinants of the positional specificity of mouse 8S-lipoxygenase and human 15S-lipoxygenase-2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1287-93 pubmed..Thus, this positional determinant of the 8-LOX and 15-LOX-2 may have significance for other lipoxygenases. ..
- Zhao R, Qi Y, Zhao Z. FYVE-DSP1, a dual-specificity protein phosphatase containing an FYVE domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:222-9 pubmed..Finally, PCR analyses demonstrated that FYVE-DSP1 is widely distributed in human tissues but different spliced forms expressed differently. ..
- Kendirgi F, Barry D, Griffis E, Powers M, Wente S. An essential role for hGle1 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in mRNA export. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:1029-40 pubmed..These findings pinpoint the first functional motif in hGle1 and link hGle1 to the dynamic mRNA export mechanism. ..
- Yu X, Gupta A, Wang Y, Suzuki K, Mirosevich J, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 interact with the androgen receptor to regulate prostate and epididymal genes differentially. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1061:77-93 pubmed..Given that Foxa1 and Foxa2 proteins are expressed differentially in the prostate and epididymis, these data suggest that the Foxa proteins have distinct effects on AR-regulated genes in different male reproductive accessory organs. ..
- Szapacs M, Riggins J, Zimmerman L, Liebler D. Covalent adduction of human serum albumin by 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal: kinetic analysis of competing alkylation reactions. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10521-8 pubmed..H242 adducts may be preferred products of adduction by lipophilic electrophiles and may comprise a family of biomarkers for oxidative stress. ..
- Robertson P, Warren E, Zhang H, Friedman D, Lary J, Cole J, et al. Domain architecture and biochemical characterization of vertebrate Mcm10. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3338-48 pubmed
- Roland J, Lapierre L, Goldenring J. Alternative splicing in class V myosins determines association with Rab10. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1213-23 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Rab GTPases regulate diverse endocytic trafficking pathways through recruitment of multiple myosin V isoforms. ..
- Kim H, Tallman K, Liebler D, Porter N. An azido-biotin reagent for use in the isolation of protein adducts of lipid-derived electrophiles by streptavidin catch and photorelease. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:2080-9 pubmed publisher..Protein catch and photorelease shows that both HSA and ApoA1 in human plasma undergo significant modification by aHNE. ..
- Singha U, Sharma S, Chaudhuri M. Downregulation of mitochondrial porin inhibits cell growth and alters respiratory phenotype in Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1418-28 pubmed publisher..We also found that the expressions of TAO and CP proteins are coordinately regulated in T. brucei according to mitochondrial energy demand...
- Clément A, Solnica Krezel L, Gould K. The Cdc14B phosphatase contributes to ciliogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:291-302 pubmed publisher..This first study of a loss of function of a Cdc14 family member in a vertebrate organism reveals a new role for Cdc14B in ciliogenesis and consequently in a number of developmental processes. ..
- Gagnon K, Rios K, Delpire E. Functional insights into the activation mechanism of Ste20-related kinases. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:1219-30 pubmed publisher..Sea urchin/mouse OSR1 chimeras and kinase stabilization with mouse Cab39 has provided some novel insights into the activation mechanism of the Ste20-related kinases. ..
- Singleton C, Xiong Y, Kirsten J, Pendleton K. eIF2? kinases regulate development through the BzpR transcription factor in Dictyostelium discoideum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32500 pubmed publisher..Its production is temporally and spatially regulated by eIF2? phosphorylation by IfkA and IfkB and through the use of uORFs within the bzpR 5' UTR. ..
- Ged C, Umbenhauer D, Bellew T, Bork R, Srivastava P, Shinriki N, et al. Characterization of cDNAs, mRNAs, and proteins related to human liver microsomal cytochrome P-450 (S)-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 1988;27:6929-40 pubmed
- Schworer C, Colbran R, Keefer J, Soderling T. Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Identification of a regulatory autophosphorylation site adjacent to the inhibitory and calmodulin-binding domains. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13486-9 pubmed..e. His-Arg-Gln-Glu-Thr(PO4)-. These findings indicate that autophosphorylation of Thr286 (alpha subunit) and Thr287 (beta subunit) is responsible for transition of CaM-kinase II to the Ca2+-independent form. ..
- Brash A, Boeglin W, Chang M. Discovery of a second 15S-lipoxygenase in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6148-52 pubmed..The different catalytic activities and tissue distribution suggest a distinct function for the new enzyme compared with the previously reported human 15S-lipoxygenase. ..
- Tang T, Owen J, Du J, Walker C, Richmond A. Molecular cloning and characterization of a mouse gene with homology to the Duffy-antigen receptor for chemokines. DNA Seq. 1998;9:129-43 pubmed
- Gabrilovich D, Ishida T, Nadaf S, Ohm J, Carbone D. Antibodies to vascular endothelial growth factor enhance the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy by improving endogenous dendritic cell function. Clin Cancer Res. 1999;5:2963-70 pubmed..This effect was associated with the induction of significant anti-p53 CTL responses only in this group of mice. These data suggest that inhibition of VEGF may be a valuable adjuvant in the immunotherapy of cancer. ..
- Fan G, Yang W, Sai J, Richmond A. Phosphorylation-independent association of CXCR2 with the protein phosphatase 2A core enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16960-8 pubmed..We postulate that this interaction results from direct binding of the regulatory subunit A (PR65) of PP2A to the carboxyl terminus of CXCR2 after receptor sequestration and internalization. ..
- Ni C, Murphy M, Golde T, Carpenter G. gamma -Secretase cleavage and nuclear localization of ErbB-4 receptor tyrosine kinase. Science. 2001;294:2179-81 pubmed..Inhibition of gamma-secretase also prevented growth inhibition by HRG. gamma-Secretase cleavage of ErbB-4 may represent another mechanism for receptor tyrosine kinase-mediated signaling. ..
- McHaourab H, Steed P, Kazmier K. Toward the fourth dimension of membrane protein structure: insight into dynamics from spin-labeling EPR spectroscopy. Structure. 2011;19:1549-61 pubmed publisher..Efforts to develop methods for determining structures from EPR restraints and to increase sensitivity and throughput promise to expand spin labeling applications in membrane protein structural biology. ..
- Parsons M, Weil P. Purification and characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae transcription factor TFIIIC. Polypeptide composition defined with polyclonal antibodies. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:5095-103 pubmed..These results suggested that these three polypeptides were tightly associated with one another in solution. ..
- Candia A, Wright C. The expression pattern of Xenopus Mox-2 implies a role in initial mesodermal differentiation. Mech Dev. 1995;52:27-36 pubmed..X. Mox-2, therefore, is another useful marker for understanding the formation of mesoderm in amphibian development. ..
- Mays D, Foose J, Philipson L, Tamkun M. Localization of the Kv1.5 K+ channel protein in explanted cardiac tissue. J Clin Invest. 1995;96:282-92 pubmed..This increasing organization with age was similar to that observed for connexin. Future work will address whether altered K+ channel localization is associated with cardiac disease in addition to changing with development. ..
- Jenkins C, Waterman M. Flavodoxin and NADPH-flavodoxin reductase from Escherichia coli support bovine cytochrome P450c17 hydroxylase activities. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27401-8 pubmed..coli flavodoxin-flavodoxin reductase and the putative FMN, FAD, and NAD(P)H binding regions of cytochrome P450 reductase provides the basis for the reconstitution of P450c17 activities by this bacterial system. ..
- Gailani D, Sun M, Sun Y. A comparison of murine and human factor XI. Blood. 1997;90:1055-64 pubmed..The studies show that murine and human factor XI have similar structural and enzymatic properties. However, there may be variations in tissue specific expression and subtle differences in enzyme activity across species. ..
- Kishan K, Scita G, Wong W, Di Fiore P, Newcomer M. The SH3 domain of Eps8 exists as a novel intertwined dimer. Nat Struct Biol. 1997;4:739-43 pubmed..In addition, co-immunoprecipitation experiments show that intact Eps8 is multimeric in vivo. Hence, the SH3 domain of Eps8 may represent a dimerization motif. ..
- Wang J, Waltner Law M, Yamada K, Osawa H, Stifani S, Granner D. Transducin-like enhancer of split proteins, the human homologs of Drosophila groucho, interact with hepatic nuclear factor 3beta. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18418-23 pubmed..These results lead us to suggest that TLE proteins could influence the expression of mammalian genes regulated by HNF3. ..
- Topczewska J, Topczewski J, Shostak A, Kume T, Solnica Krezel L, Hogan B. The winged helix transcription factor Foxc1a is essential for somitogenesis in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2483-93 pubmed..Therefore, zebrafish foxc1a plays an essential and conserved role in somite formation, regulating both the expression of paraxis and the A/P patterning of somite primordia. ..
- Ebert D, Deussing J, Peters C, Dermody T. Cathepsin L and cathepsin B mediate reovirus disassembly in murine fibroblast cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24609-17 pubmed..Moreover, these findings suggest that specific endocytic proteases can determine host cell susceptibility to infection by intracellular pathogens...
- Taneja P, Gu J, Peng R, Carrick R, Uchiumi F, Ott R, et al. A dominant-negative mutant of human DNA helicase B blocks the onset of chromosomal DNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40853-61 pubmed..Injection of wild type or mutant protein into cells at G(1)/S did not prevent DNA synthesis. The results suggest that HDHB function is required for S phase entry. ..
- Rexer B, Ong D. A novel short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase from rats with retinol dehydrogenase activity, cyclically expressed in uterine epithelium. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:1555-64 pubmed..Consequently, this novel short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase is an excellent candidate for the retinol dehydrogenase that catalyzes the first step in retinoic acid biosynthesis that occurs in uterine epithelial cells. ..
- Tasto J, Morrell J, Gould K. An anillin homologue, Mid2p, acts during fission yeast cytokinesis to organize the septin ring and promote cell separation. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:1093-103 pubmed..These results suggest that Mid2p influences septin ring organization at the site of cell division and its turnover might normally be required to permit septin ring disassembly. ..
- Zhang Y, Schneider A, Rao R, Lu W, Fan X, Davis L, et al. Genomic structure and genitourinary expression of mouse cytosolic prostaglandin E(2) synthase gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1634:15-23 pubmed..In urinary bladder, cPGES expression was restricted to the transitional epithelial cells. This expression pattern is consistent with an important role for cPGES-mediated PGE(2) in urogenital tissue function. ..
- Wahlstrom J, Fowler M, Nicholson W, Kovacs W. A novel mutation in the preprovasopressin gene identified in a kindred with autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1963-8 pubmed
- Bhattacharya S, Bunick C, Chazin W. Target selectivity in EF-hand calcium binding proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1742:69-79 pubmed..Comparisons of calmodulin and S100 proteins provide insights into the role these factors play in facilitating the variety of binding configurations necessary for recognizing a diverse set of targets. ..
- Dickey J, Choi T, Van Etten J, Osheroff N. Chlorella virus Marburg topoisomerase II: high DNA cleavage activity as a characteristic of Chlorella virus type II enzymes. Biochemistry. 2005;44:3899-908 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that robust DNA cleavage is intrinsic to the viral enzyme and imply that chlorella virus topoisomerase II plays a physiological role beyond the control of DNA topology...
- Whitson S, LeStourgeon W, Krezel A. Solution structure of the symmetric coiled coil tetramer formed by the oligomerization domain of hnRNP C: implications for biological function. J Mol Biol. 2005;350:319-37 pubmed
- Mohler P, Davis J, Bennett V. Ankyrin-B coordinates the Na/K ATPase, Na/Ca exchanger, and InsP3 receptor in a cardiac T-tubule/SR microdomain. PLoS Biol. 2005;3:e423 pubmed..Ankyrin-B also is not abundantly expressed in smooth muscle. We propose that the ankyrin-B-based complex is a specialized adaptation of cardiomyocytes with a role for cytosolic Ca2+ modulation. ..
- Kobayashi T, Chappell J, Danthi P, Dermody T. Gene-specific inhibition of reovirus replication by RNA interference. J Virol. 2006;80:9053-63 pubmed..These results reveal interdependent functions for viral inclusion proteins and indicate that cell lines stably expressing reovirus siRNAs are useful tools for the study of viral protein structure-function relationships. ..
- Bornhop D, Latham J, Kussrow A, Markov D, Jones R, Sørensen H. Free-solution, label-free molecular interactions studied by back-scattering interferometry. Science. 2007;317:1732-6 pubmed..The high sensitivity of back-scattering interferometry and small volumes of microfluidics allowed the entire calmodulin assay to be performed with 200 picomoles of solute. ..
- Smith J, Vanoye C, George A, Meiler J, Sanders C. Structural models for the KCNQ1 voltage-gated potassium channel. Biochemistry. 2007;46:14141-52 pubmed..This interface evidently plays an important role in channel gating. ..
- Irimia A, Eoff R, Guengerich F, Egli M. Structural and functional elucidation of the mechanism promoting error-prone synthesis by human DNA polymerase kappa opposite the 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine adduct. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22467-80 pubmed publisher..Our structural and activity data provide insight into important mechanistic aspects of error-prone bypass of 8-oxoG by hPol kappa compared with accurate and efficient bypass of the lesion by Dpo4 and polymerase eta. ..
- Yang C, Wang C, Tollefson S, Piyaratna R, Lintao L, Chu M, et al. Genetic diversity and evolution of human metapneumovirus fusion protein over twenty years. Virol J. 2009;6:138 pubmed publisher..HMPV F protein remains conserved over decades. HMPV appears to have diverged from AMPV-C fairly recently...
- Yan L, Guo S, Brault M, Harmon J, Robertson R, Hamid R, et al. The B55?-containing PP2A holoenzyme dephosphorylates FOXO1 in islet ?-cells under oxidative stress. Biochem J. 2012;444:239-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that B55?-containing PP2A is a key regulator of FOXO1 activity in vivo. ..
- Gale K, Osheroff N. Intrinsic intermolecular DNA ligation activity of eukaryotic topoisomerase II. Potential roles in recombination. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:12090-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the type II enzyme has an intrinsic ability to mediate illegitimate DNA recombination in vitro and suggests possible roles for topoisomerase II in nucleic acid recombination in vivo. ..
- Collinge M, Matrisian P, Zimmer W, Shattuck R, Lukas T, Van Eldik L, et al. Structure and expression of a calcium-binding protein gene contained within a calmodulin-regulated protein kinase gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2359-71 pubmed..This may represent a mechanism whereby functional diversity can be achieved within the same vertebrate tissue by use of common exons to produce shuffled domains with identical amino acid sequences in different molecular contexts. ..
- Keeney D, Ikeda Y, Waterman M, Parker K. Cholesterol side-chain cleavage cytochrome P450 gene expression in the primitive gut of the mouse embryo does not require steroidogenic factor 1. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:1091-8 pubmed
- Robinson G, Cordle S, Henderson E, Weil P, Teitelman G, Stein R. Isolation and characterization of a novel transcription factor that binds to and activates insulin control element-mediated expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6704-14 pubmed..All of these data are consistent with the proposal that INSAF is either part of the ICE activator or is antigenically related to the specific activator required for insulin gene transcription. ..
- Froelich Ammon S, Gale K, Osheroff N. Site-specific cleavage of a DNA hairpin by topoisomerase II. DNA secondary structure as a determinant of enzyme recognition/cleavage. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7719-25 pubmed..These results indicate that topoisomerase II is capable of recognizing secondary structure within nucleic acids and identifies the first secondary structure-specific DNA recognition/cleavage site for the type II enzyme. ..
- Fukagawa M, Suzuki N, Hogan B, Jones C. Embryonic expression of mouse bone morphogenetic protein-1 (BMP-1), which is related to the Drosophila dorsoventral gene tolloid and encodes a putative astacin metalloendopeptidase. Dev Biol. 1994;163:175-83 pubmed..5 days p.c. in the floorplate region of the developing neural tube. Potential therefore exists for the interaction of BMP-1 protein with products of TGF-beta-related genes expressed during embryogenesis. ..
- Funk C, Furci L, Moran N, Fitzgerald G. Point mutation in the seventh hydrophobic domain of the human thromboxane A2 receptor allows discrimination between agonist and antagonist binding sites. Mol Pharmacol. 1993;44:934-9 pubmed..An antibody directed toward the third intracellular loop of the thromboxane receptor was able to immunoprecipitate native thromboxane receptor in solubilized membranes from human erythroleukemia cells and transfected cells. ..