Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Publications755 found, 100 shown here
- Pestina T, Cleveland J, Yang C, Zambetti G, Jackson C. Mpl ligand prevents lethal myelosuppression by inhibiting p53-dependent apoptosis. Blood. 2001;98:2084-90 pubmed
- Peirce J, Chesler E, Williams R, Lu L. Genetic architecture of the mouse hippocampus: identification of gene loci with selective regional effects. Genes Brain Behav. 2003;2:238-52 pubmed..Using WebQTL's extensive database of published BXD phenotypes, we also detected a strong and potentially biologically meaningful correlation between hippocampal volume and the acoustic startle response. ..
- Slominski A, Zjawiony J, Wortsman J, Semak I, Stewart J, Pisarchik A, et al. A novel pathway for sequential transformation of 7-dehydrocholesterol and expression of the P450scc system in mammalian skin. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4178-88 pubmed..This novel pathway has the potential to generate a variety of molecules depending on local steroidogenic activity and access to UVB. ..
- Uziel T, Zindy F, Xie S, Lee Y, Forget A, Magdaleno S, et al. The tumor suppressors Ink4c and p53 collaborate independently with Patched to suppress medulloblastoma formation. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2656-67 pubmed..Methylation of INK4C (CDKN2C) was observed in four of 23 human MBs, and p18(INK4C) protein expression was extinguished in 14 of 73 cases. Hence, p18(INK4C) loss may contribute to MB formation in children. ..
- Miller M, Gao G, Pestina T, Persons D, Tuomanen E. Hypersusceptibility to invasive pneumococcal infection in experimental sickle cell disease involves platelet-activating factor receptor. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:581-4 pubmed..Pharmacological blockade or genetic deletion of PAFr protected sickle cell mice from mortality. We conclude that PAFr plays an important role in hypersusceptibility to pneumococcal infection in sickle cell disease. ..
- Cox K, Ofek I, Hasty D. Enhancement of macrophage stimulation by lipoteichoic acid and the costimulant hemoglobin is dependent on Toll-like receptors 2 and 4. Infect Immun. 2007;75:2638-41 pubmed..The second requires TLR4 and accounts for most of the additional stimulation seen with LTA plus Hb. ..
- Bina X, Provenzano D, Nguyen N, Bina J. Vibrio cholerae RND family efflux systems are required for antimicrobial resistance, optimal virulence factor production, and colonization of the infant mouse small intestine. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3595-605 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that the V. cholerae RND efflux systems are required for antimicrobial resistance, optimal virulence factor production, and colonization of the infant mouse. ..
- Huber V, Kleimeyer L, McCullers J. Live, attenuated influenza virus (LAIV) vehicles are strong inducers of immunity toward influenza B virus. Vaccine. 2008;26:5381-8 pubmed publisher..Our results differ from generally accepted influenza A virus vaccine models, and argue that strategies for control of influenza B virus should be considered separately from those for influenza A virus. ..
- Stempin C, Chi L, Giraldo Vela J, High A, Hacker H, Redecke V. The E3 ubiquitin ligase mind bomb-2 (MIB2) protein controls B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10 (BCL10)-dependent NF-?B activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37147-57 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of MIB2 inhibited BCL10-dependent NF-?B activation. Together, our results identify MIB2 as a novel component of the activated BCL10 signaling complex and a missing link in the BCL10-dependent NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Jang H, Boltz D, McClaren J, Pani A, Smeyne M, Korff A, et al. Inflammatory effects of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus infection in the CNS of mice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1545-59 pubmed publisher..We conclude that H5N1 infection in mice induces a long-lasting inflammatory response in brain and may play a contributing factor in the development of pathologies in neurodegenerative disorders...
- Rudraraju R, Surman S, Jones B, Sealy R, Woodland D, Hurwitz J. Reduced frequencies and heightened CD103 expression among virus-induced CD8(+) T cells in the respiratory tract airways of vitamin A-deficient mice. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2012;19:757-65 pubmed publisher..Our data emphasize that the consequences of VAD are not limited to gut-resident cells and characterize VAD influences on an immune response to a respiratory virus vaccine. ..
- Templeton J, Wang X, Freeman N, Ma Z, Lu A, Hejtmancik F, et al. A crystallin gene network in the mouse retina. Exp Eye Res. 2013;116:129-40 pubmed publisher..One transcription factor that appears to be involved in this coordinated expression is the MAF family transcription of factors associated with both lens and extralenticular expression of crystallin genes. ..
- Shapiro D, Sublett J, Li B, Valentine M, Morris S, Noll M. The gene for PAX7, a member of the paired-box-containing genes, is localized on human chromosome arm 1p36. Genomics. 1993;17:767-9 pubmed..Additionally, these results confirm the extensive homology between human chromosome 1p and the distal segment of mouse chromosome 4, extending from bands C5 through E2. ..
- Fornerod M, van Deursen J, van Baal S, Reynolds A, Davis D, Murti K, et al. The human homologue of yeast CRM1 is in a dynamic subcomplex with CAN/Nup214 and a novel nuclear pore component Nup88. EMBO J. 1997;16:807-16 pubmed..We propose that hCRM1 is a soluble nuclear transport factor that interacts with the NPC. ..
- Oliver G, Gruss P. Current views on eye development. Trends Neurosci. 1997;20:415-21 pubmed..It seems reasonable to believe that in the near future the characterization of the whole framework required for vertebrate eye development will be accomplished. ..
- Zindy F, van Deursen J, Grosveld G, Sherr C, Roussel M. INK4d-deficient mice are fertile despite testicular atrophy. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:372-8 pubmed..The absence of tumors in INK4d-deficient animals demonstrates that, unlike INK4a, INK4d is not a tumor suppressor but is instead involved in spermatogenesis. ..
- Lang R, Rutschman R, Greaves D, Murray P. Autocrine deactivation of macrophages in transgenic mice constitutively overexpressing IL-10 under control of the human CD68 promoter. J Immunol. 2002;168:3402-11 pubmed
- De Geest N, Bonten E, Mann L, de Sousa Hitzler J, Hahn C, D AZZO A. Systemic and neurologic abnormalities distinguish the lysosomal disorders sialidosis and galactosialidosis in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1455-64 pubmed..The differences and similarities identified in these sialidosis and GS mice may help to better understand the pathophysiology of these diseases in children and to identify more targeted therapies for each of these diseases...
- Inoue A, Seidel M, Wu W, Kamizono S, Ferrando A, Bronson R, et al. Slug, a highly conserved zinc finger transcriptional repressor, protects hematopoietic progenitor cells from radiation-induced apoptosis in vivo. Cancer Cell. 2002;2:279-88 pubmed..These results implicate Slug in a novel survival pathway that protects hematopoietic progenitors from apoptosis after DNA damage. ..
- Peterson J, Tucker C, Favours E, Cheshire P, Creech J, Billups C, et al. In vivo evaluation of ixabepilone (BMS247550), a novel epothilone B derivative, against pediatric cancer models. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6950-8 pubmed..Importantly, the present results showed a clear distinction in sensitivity of pediatric solid tumors to this epothilone derivative compared with paclitaxel. ..
- Ajioka I, Martins R, Bayazitov I, Donovan S, Johnson D, Frase S, et al. Differentiated horizontal interneurons clonally expand to form metastatic retinoblastoma in mice. Cell. 2007;131:378-90 pubmed..We hereby report that differentiated neurons can proliferate and form cancer while maintaining their differentiated state including neurites and synaptic connections. ..
- Yen H, Aldridge J, Boon A, Ilyushina N, Salomon R, Hulse Post D, et al. Changes in H5N1 influenza virus hemagglutinin receptor binding domain affect systemic spread. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:286-91 pubmed publisher..These results show that VN1203 HA glycoprotein confers pathogenicity by facilitating systemic spread in mice; they also suggest that a minor change in receptor binding domain may modulate the virulence of H5N1 viruses. ..
- Surman S, Brown S, Jones B, Woodland D, Hurwitz J. Clearance of HIV type 1 envelope recombinant sendai virus depends on CD4+ T cells and interferon-gamma but not B cells, CD8+ T cells, or perforin. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:783-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results showed that HIV-1 envelope recombinant virus clearance was dependent on CD4(+) T cells and IFN-gamma, but occurred in the absence of B cells, CD8(+) T cells, or perforin. ..
- Cheepala S, Bao J, Nachagari D, Sun D, Wang Y, Zhong T, et al. Crucial role for phylogenetically conserved cytoplasmic loop 3 in ABCC4 protein expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22207-18 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our studies provide the first evidence for a conserved domain in CL3 of ABCC4 that is crucial in ensuring its proper plasma membrane localization. ..
- Brown A, Claassen E. Detection of antibody, idiotype, and anti-idiotype forming cells by in situ immunocytochemical staining. J Immunol Methods. 1988;109:235-44 pubmed..A sequential staining method was developed which allowed the detection of both Id and anti-Id AFC in the same tissue, thus providing a means of examining Id and anti-Id antibody networks in intact lymphoid tissues...
- Flano E, Husain S, Sample J, Woodland D, Blackman M. Latent murine gamma-herpesvirus infection is established in activated B cells, dendritic cells, and macrophages. J Immunol. 2000;165:1074-81 pubmed..Significantly, although three cell types were latently infected, the ability to stimulate V beta 4+CD8+ T cell hybridomas was limited to latently infected, activated B cells. ..
- Fain J, Ballou L, Bahouth S. Obesity is induced in mice heterozygous for cyclooxygenase-2. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2001;65:199-209 pubmed..These data indicate that heterozygous COX-2 mice develop obesity which is not secondary to a defect in leptin release by adipose tissue. ..
- Meade C, Deng Y, Fusco F, Del Mar N, Hersch S, Goldowitz D, et al. Cellular localization and development of neuronal intranuclear inclusions in striatal and cortical neurons in R6/2 transgenic mice. J Comp Neurol. 2002;449:241-69 pubmed..That calbindinergic and parvalbuminergic striatal neurons develop large NIIs is consistent with a contribution of nuclear aggregate formation to their high degree of vulnerability in HD. ..
- Belz G, Liu H, Andreansky S, Doherty P, Stevenson P. Absence of a functional defect in CD8+ T cells during primary murine gammaherpesvirus-68 infection of I-A(b-/-) mice. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:337-41 pubmed..Thus CTL immunity was independent of CD4+ T cells in a chronic herpesvirus infection, but was still inadequate to control virus replication. ..
- Sun Z, Del Mar N, Meade C, Goldowitz D, Reiner A. Differential changes in striatal projection neurons in R6/2 transgenic mice for Huntington's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2002;11:369-85 pubmed..The selective reduction in striatal PPE in R6/2 mice is reminiscent of adult-onset HD, but the preservation of the striatonigral projection system is not. Thus, R6/2 mice do not strictly mimic adult-onset HD in their striatal pathology. ..
- Jeffers J, Parganas E, Lee Y, Yang C, Wang J, Brennan J, et al. Puma is an essential mediator of p53-dependent and -independent apoptotic pathways. Cancer Cell. 2003;4:321-8 pubmed..These findings establish Puma as a principal mediator of cell death in response to diverse apoptotic signals, implicating Puma as a likely tumor suppressor. ..
- Huang D, Miller D, Mathew R, Cassell R, Holton J, Roussel M, et al. A unique E1-E2 interaction required for optimal conjugation of the ubiquitin-like protein NEDD8. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:927-35 pubmed
- Bao D, Pang Z, Morgan J. The structure and proteolytic processing of Cbln1 complexes. J Neurochem. 2005;95:618-29 pubmed..Cleavage at the C-terminus of the cerebellin motif disrupts the C1q domain and abolishes subunit interactions. Functional implications of these data are discussed. ..
- Sanjuan M, Dillon C, Tait S, Moshiach S, Dorsey F, Connell S, et al. Toll-like receptor signalling in macrophages links the autophagy pathway to phagocytosis. Nature. 2007;450:1253-7 pubmed
- Uziel T, Karginov F, Xie S, Parker J, Wang Y, Gajjar A, et al. The miR-17~92 cluster collaborates with the Sonic Hedgehog pathway in medulloblastoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2812-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a functional collaboration between the miR-17 approximately 92 cluster and the SHH signaling pathway in the development of MBs in mouse and man. ..
- Rao R. Occludin phosphorylation in regulation of epithelial tight junctions. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1165:62-8 pubmed publisher..It is likely that occludin plays a regulatory role in tight junctions rather than a role in the de novo assembly of tight junctions. ..
- Jang H, Boltz D, Sturm Ramirez K, Shepherd K, Jiao Y, Webster R, et al. Highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus can enter the central nervous system and induce neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14063-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a pandemic H5N1 pathogen, or other neurotropic influenza virus, could initiate CNS disorders of protein aggregation including Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases. ..
- Leonardi R, Rehg J, Rock C, Jackowski S. Pantothenate kinase 1 is required to support the metabolic transition from the fed to the fasted state. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11107 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that PanK1 may be a suitable target for therapeutic intervention in metabolic disorders that feature hyperglycemia and hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Anand P, Malireddi R, Lukens J, Vogel P, Bertin J, Lamkanfi M, et al. NLRP6 negatively regulates innate immunity and host defence against bacterial pathogens. Nature. 2012;488:389-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal NLRP6 as a negative regulator of inflammatory signalling, and demonstrate a role for this NLR in impeding clearance of both Gram-positive and -negative bacterial pathogens...
- Brand D, Myers L, Terato K, Whittington K, Stuart J, Kang A, et al. Characterization of the T cell determinants in the induction of autoimmune arthritis by bovine alpha 1(II)-CB11 in H-2q mice. J Immunol. 1994;152:3088-97 pubmed
- Teglund S, McKay C, Schuetz E, van Deursen J, Stravopodis D, Wang D, et al. Stat5a and Stat5b proteins have essential and nonessential, or redundant, roles in cytokine responses. Cell. 1998;93:841-50 pubmed..Conversely, the responses to a variety of cytokines that activate the Stat5 proteins, including erythropoietin, are largely unaffected. ..
- Moriggl R, Sexl V, Piekorz R, Topham D, Ihle J. Stat5 activation is uniquely associated with cytokine signaling in peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;11:225-30 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that activation of the Stat5 proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation is uniquely contributed by cytokine receptor signaling and specifically does not occur through the T cell receptor complex. ..
- Lundberg A, Fukatsu K, Gaber L, Callicutt S, Kotb M, Wilcox H, et al. Blocking pulmonary ICAM-1 expression ameliorates lung injury in established diet-induced pancreatitis. Ann Surg. 2001;233:213-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that treatment targeting the cell surface expression of ICAM-1 after the induction of AP ameliorates pulmonary injury, even in the face of severe pancreatic disease. ..
- Chang R, Xu X, Li M. Molecular cloning, mapping and characterization of a novel mouse RING finger gene, Mrf1. Gene. 2002;291:241-9 pubmed..The possible functions of Mrf1 are discussed in the contexts of protein-protein interactions, oncogenesis and ubiquitination. ..
- Tadjali M, Zhou S, Rehg J, Sorrentino B. Prospective isolation of murine hematopoietic stem cells by expression of an Abcg2/GFP allele. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1556-63 pubmed..There was no HSC activity detected in Lin(-)/GFP(+) cells. Altogether, these results show that Abcg2 is expressed on essentially all murine BM HSCs and can be used as a prospective marker for HSC enrichment...
- Wu X, Wang X, Gao J, Yu Y, Jia S, Zheng J, et al. Glucose transporter 5 is undetectable in outer hair cells and does not contribute to cochlear amplification. Brain Res. 2008;1210:20-8 pubmed publisher..e., nonlinear capacitance and electromotility) and normal cochlear sensitivity and frequency selectivity. We conclude that Glut5 is not required for OHC motility or cochlear amplification. ..
- Li Z, Mulligan M, Wang X, Miles M, Lu L, Williams R. A transposon in Comt generates mRNA variants and causes widespread expression and behavioral differences among mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12181 pubmed publisher..The recent fixation of the variant in a subset of strains may have contributed to the rapid divergence of inbred strains. ..
- Collison L, Delgoffe G, Guy C, Vignali K, Chaturvedi V, Fairweather D, et al. The composition and signaling of the IL-35 receptor are unconventional. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:290-9 pubmed publisher..This unconventional mode of signaling, distinct from that of other members of the IL-12 family, may broaden the spectrum and specificity of IL-35-mediated suppression. ..
- Walker A, Lancaster C, Finkelstein D, Ware R, Sparreboom A. Organic anion transporting polypeptide 1B transporters modulate hydroxyurea pharmacokinetics. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C1223-9 pubmed publisher..Future studies to investigate other transporters and their role in hydroxyurea disposition are warranted for understanding the sources of variation in hydroxyurea's PK. ..
- Kaur S, Wang F, Venkatraman M, Arsura M. X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) inhibits c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 (JNK1) activation by transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF-beta1) through ubiquitin-mediated proteosomal degradation of the TGF-beta1-activated kinase 1 (TAK1). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38599-608 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Dominici M, Swift J, Nagy C, Ihle J. Trophoblast stem cells rescue placental defect in SOCS3-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11444-5 pubmed..Importantly, by supplying TS cells, living SOCS3-deficient embryos were detected at term. These results indicate a functional contribution of TS cells in the placenta and their potential application. ..
- Sharma R, Netland P. Early born lineage of retinal neurons express class III beta-tubulin isotype. Brain Res. 2007;1176:11-7 pubmed
- Wang R, Dillon C, Shi L, Milasta S, Carter R, Finkelstein D, et al. The transcription factor Myc controls metabolic reprogramming upon T lymphocyte activation. Immunity. 2011;35:871-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a Myc-dependent global metabolic transcriptome drives metabolic reprogramming in activated, primary T lymphocytes. This may represent a general mechanism for metabolic reprogramming under patho-physiological conditions. ..
- Lee Y, Chong M, McKinnon P. Ataxia telangiectasia mutated-dependent apoptosis after genotoxic stress in the developing nervous system is determined by cellular differentiation status. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6687-93 pubmed..Furthermore, these data demonstrate that the differentiation status of neural cells is a critical determinant in the activation of certain apoptotic pathways. ..
- Fernandez Gonzalez A, La Spada A, Treadaway J, Higdon J, Harris B, Sidman R, et al. Purkinje cell degeneration (pcd) phenotypes caused by mutations in the axotomy-induced gene, Nna1. Science. 2002;295:1904-6 pubmed..The present study suggests an unexpected molecular link between neuronal degeneration and regeneration, and its results have potential implications for neurodegenerative diseases and male infertility. ..
- Xiao Z, Dallas M, Qiu N, NICOLELLA D, Cao L, Johnson M, et al. Conditional deletion of Pkd1 in osteocytes disrupts skeletal mechanosensing in mice. FASEB J. 2011;25:2418-32 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that polycystin-1 is essential for the anabolic response to skeletal loading in osteoblasts/osteocytes. ..
- Lukens J, Gross J, Calabrese C, Iwakura Y, Lamkanfi M, Vogel P, et al. Critical role for inflammasome-independent IL-1? production in osteomyelitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1066-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings establish a critical role for inflammasome-independent production of IL-1? in osteolytic bone disease and identify PSTPIP2 as a negative regulator of caspase-1-autonomous IL-1? production. ..
- Boer J, Bonten Surtel J, Grosveld G. Overexpression of the nucleoporin CAN/NUP214 induces growth arrest, nucleocytoplasmic transport defects, and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1236-47 pubmed..These results confirm that CAN plays a crucial role in nucleocytoplasmic transport and imply an essential role for hCRM1 in cell growth and survival. ..
- Cho M, Pestina T, Steward S, Lowell C, Jackson C, Gartner T. Role of the Src family kinase Lyn in TxA2 production, adenosine diphosphate secretion, Akt phosphorylation, and irreversible aggregation in platelets stimulated with gamma-thrombin. Blood. 2002;99:2442-7 pubmed..Specifically, Lyn is required under these conditions to enable thrombin-induced TxA2 production and adenosine diphosphate secretion, necessary steps in secretion-dependent platelet aggregation. ..
- Workman C, Rice D, Dugger K, Kurschner C, Vignali D. Phenotypic analysis of the murine CD4-related glycoprotein, CD223 (LAG-3). Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:2255-63 pubmed..In contrast, all T cells express mCD223 2-3 days post activation. This study and the anti-CD223 mAb should greatly assist in the elucidation of CD223 function. ..
- Slobod K, Shenep J, Lujan Zilbermann J, Allison K, Brown B, Scroggs R, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of intranasal murine parainfluenza virus type 1 (Sendai virus) in healthy human adults. Vaccine. 2004;22:3182-6 pubmed..Results encourage future trials to evaluate the efficacy of Sendai virus in preventing human PIV-1 infection in infants and children...
- Davidoff A, Ng C, Zhang Y, Streck C, Mabry S, Barton S, et al. Careful decoy receptor titering is required to inhibit tumor angiogenesis while avoiding adversely altering VEGF bioavailability. Mol Ther. 2005;11:300-10 pubmed..This has important implications for therapeutic strategies that use decoy receptors and other agents, such as antibodies, to bind angiogenic factors, in an attempt to inhibit tumor neovascularization. ..
- Keller U, Nilsson J, Maclean K, Old J, Cleveland J. Nfkb 1 is dispensable for Myc-induced lymphomagenesis. Oncogene. 2005;24:6231-40 pubmed..Nonetheless, loss of Nfkb 1 did not appreciably affect Myc's proliferative or apoptotic responses in B cells and had no effect on lymphoma development in Emu-Myc mice. Therefore, Nfkb 1 is dispensable for Myc-induced lymphomagenesis.. ..
- Boughter J, Raghow S, Nelson T, Munger S. Inbred mouse strains C57BL/6J and DBA/2J vary in sensitivity to a subset of bitter stimuli. BMC Genet. 2005;6:36 pubmed..The results of these studies point to the utility of these common mouse strains and their associated resources for investigation into the genetic mechanisms of taste. ..
- Xu W, Fukuyama T, Ney P, Wang D, Rehg J, Boyd K, et al. Global transcriptional coactivators CREB-binding protein and p300 are highly essential collectively but not individually in peripheral B cells. Blood. 2006;107:4407-16 pubmed..These results indicate that individually CBP and p300 are partially limiting beyond the pro-B-cell stage and that other coactivators in B cells cannot replace their combined loss. ..
- Narang A, Sabek O, Gaber A, Mahato R. Co-expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist improves human islet survival and function. Pharm Res. 2006;23:1970-82 pubmed..Our results indicated that co-expression of genes that target different insults to transplanted islets can improve the outcome of islet transplantation better than either gene alone. ..
- ..A systems biology approach provides correlates of successful vaccination, which allows a new method for measuring early vaccine efficiency and suggests hypotheses for the mechanisms that underlie immunogenicity. ..
- Bina X, Miller M, Bina J. Construction of a bioluminescence reporter plasmid for Francisella tularensis. Plasmid. 2010;64:156-61 pubmed publisher..The results show that the new bioluminescence reporter plasmid represents a useful tool for tularemia research that is suitable for following F. tularensis growth in both in vitro and in vivo model systems...
- Marshall A, Lagutina I, Grosveld G. PAX3-FOXO1 induces cannabinoid receptor 1 to enhance cell invasion and metastasis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7471-80 pubmed publisher..Cnr1 loss by either route also dramatically reduced lung metastasis formation. Taken together, our findings strongly implicate Cnr1 as a novel tractable target to inhibit ARMS invasion and metastasis. ..
- Sullivan T, Geisert E, Templeton J, Rex T. Dose-dependent treatment of optic nerve crush by exogenous systemic mutant erythropoietin. Exp Eye Res. 2012;96:36-41 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, EPO-R76E induced a dose-dependent rise in the hematocrit that was still attenuated as compared to wild-type EPO. ..
- Sadasivan S, Pond B, Pani A, Qu C, Jiao Y, Smeyne R. Methylphenidate exposure induces dopamine neuron loss and activation of microglia in the basal ganglia of mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33693 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that chronic MPH usage in mice at doses spanning the therapeutic range in humans, especially at prolonged higher doses, has long-term neurodegenerative consequences. ..
- Zaki M, Man S, Vogel P, Lamkanfi M, Kanneganti T. Salmonella exploits NLRP12-dependent innate immune signaling to suppress host defenses during infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:385-90 pubmed publisher..These results underscore a signaling pathway defined by NLRP12-mediated dampening of host immune defenses that could be exploited by S. typhimurium to persist and survive in the host. ..
- Chun S, Westmoreland J, Bayazitov I, Eddins D, Pani A, Smeyne R, et al. Specific disruption of thalamic inputs to the auditory cortex in schizophrenia models. Science. 2014;344:1178-82 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Dgcr8-microRNA-Drd2-dependent thalamocortical disruption is a pathogenic event underlying schizophrenia-associated psychosis. ..
- Genovese G, Carugo A, TEPPER J, Robinson F, Li L, Svelto M, et al. Synthetic vulnerabilities of mesenchymal subpopulations in pancreatic cancer. Nature. 2017;542:362-366 pubmed publisher..These molecular and biological insights inform a potential therapeutic strategy for targeting aggressive mesenchymal features of PDAC. ..
- Ganuza M, Hadland B, Chabot A, Li C, Kang G, Bernstein I, et al. Murine hemogenic endothelial precursors display heterogeneous hematopoietic potential ex vivo. Exp Hematol. 2017;51:25-35.e6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the presence of a continuum of maturing HE with distinct hematopoietic potential or HE representative of a heterogeneous pool of precursors that give rise to HSPCs with disparate hematopoietic potential. ..
- Dias P, Parham D, Shapiro D, Tapscott S, Houghton P. Monoclonal antibodies to the myogenic regulatory protein MyoD1: epitope mapping and diagnostic utility. Cancer Res. 1992;52:6431-9 pubmed..The 5.8A reagent was also of value in the accurate histopathological classification of 2 of 4 tumors previously diagnosed as extraosseous Ewing's sarcoma and 2 of 3 tumors diagnosed as undifferentiated sarcomas. ..
- Madhavan R, Jarrett H. Interactions between dystrophin glycoprotein complex proteins. Biochemistry. 1995;34:12204-9 pubmed..The interactions identified here were used to refine the existing model of DGC organization to make it consistent with the current data. ..
- Witthuhn B, Silvennoinen O, Miura O, Lai K, Cwik C, Liu E, et al. Involvement of the Jak-3 Janus kinase in signalling by interleukins 2 and 4 in lymphoid and myeloid cells. Nature. 1994;370:153-7 pubmed..Jak-3 activation requires the serine-rich, membrane-proximal domain of the interleukin-2 receptor beta-chain, but does not require the acidic domain that is required for association and activation of Src family kinases. ..
- Goldowitz D, Cushing R, Laywell E, D ARCANGELO G, Sheldon M, Sweet H, et al. Cerebellar disorganization characteristic of reeler in scrambler mutant mice despite presence of reelin. J Neurosci. 1997;17:8767-77 pubmed..These findings imply that the scrambler gene product may function in a molecular pathway critical for neuronal migration that is tightly linked to, but downstream of, reelin. ..
- Lee Y, Barnes D, Lindahl T, McKinnon P. Defective neurogenesis resulting from DNA ligase IV deficiency requires Atm. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2576-80 pubmed..Therefore, ATM could be important for preventing accumulation of DNA-damaged cells in the nervous system that might eventually lead to the neurodegeneration observed in ataxia telangiectasia. ..
- Thomas P, Brown S, Yue W, So J, Webby R, Doherty P. An unexpected antibody response to an engineered influenza virus modifies CD8+ T cell responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2764-9 pubmed..These findings suggest intriguing possibilities for vaccination and, at the same time, emphasize that engineered modifications in viruses may have unintended immunological consequences. ..
- Fagone P, Sriburi R, Ward Chapman C, Frank M, Wang J, Gunter C, et al. Phospholipid biosynthesis program underlying membrane expansion during B-lymphocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7591-605 pubmed..This work defines a genetic and biochemical program for membrane phospholipid biogenesis that correlates with an increase in the phospholipid components of the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments in LPS-stimulated B-cells. ..
- Gao J, Maison S, Wu X, Hirose K, Jones S, Bayazitov I, et al. Orphan glutamate receptor delta1 subunit required for high-frequency hearing. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4500-12 pubmed
- Gunter C, Frank M, Tian Y, Murti K, Rehg J, Jackowski S. Probucol therapy overcomes the reproductive defect in CTP: phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase beta2 knockout mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:845-52 pubmed..These data indicated that a deficiency in de novo PtdCho synthesis could be complemented by altering the metabolism of serum lipoproteins, an alternative source for cellular phospholipid. ..
- Zhao W, Zhao D, Yan R, Sun Y. Cardiac oxidative stress and remodeling following infarction: role of NADPH oxidase. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2009;18:156-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that during NADPH oxidase deficiency, superoxide production can be compensated by other sources, which leads to cardiac oxidative stress and its related molecular/cellular events in the infarcted heart. ..
- Garrison S, Jeffers J, Yang C, Nilsson J, Hall M, Rehg J, et al. Selection against PUMA gene expression in Myc-driven B-cell lymphomagenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5391-402 pubmed publisher..These findings establish that PUMA is silenced in human malignancies, and they suggest PUMA as a target for the development of novel chemotherapeutics. ..
- Yoon K, Phelps D, Bush R, Remack J, Billups C, Khoury J. ICAM-2 expression mediates a membrane-actin link, confers a nonmetastatic phenotype and reflects favorable tumor stage or histology in neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3629 pubmed publisher..Current work focuses on identifying specific protein domains critical to the regulation of neuroblastoma cell motility and metastasis and on determining if these domains represent exploitable therapeutic targets. ..