Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Publications1306 found, 100 shown here
- Yu Z, Schneider C, Boeglin W, Brash A. Epidermal lipoxygenase products of the hepoxilin pathway selectively activate the nuclear receptor PPARalpha. Lipids. 2007;42:491-7 pubmed..Formation of a ligand for the nuclear receptor PPARalpha may be one possibility by which 12R-LOX and eLOX3 contribute to epidermal differentiation. ..
- Vaezi M. Laryngeal manifestations of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2008;10:271-7 pubmed..Other causes of laryngeal irritation are considered in most of those who are unresponsive to such therapy. Surgical fundoplication is most effective in those who are responsive to acid-suppressive therapy. ..
- Cohen S, Yabsley M, Garrison L, Freye J, Dunlap B, Dunn J, et al. Rickettsia parkeri in Amblyomma americanum ticks, Tennessee and Georgia, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1471-3 pubmed publisher..Using PCR and sequence analysis, we identified R. parkeri in 2 Amblyomma americanum ticks. This rickettsiosis may be underdiagnosed in the eastern United States...
- Yang G, Gao Y, Shu X, Cai Q, Li G, Li H, et al. Isothiocyanate exposure, glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms, and colorectal cancer risk. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;91:704-11 pubmed publisher..05). This study suggests that isothiocyanate exposure may reduce the risk of colorectal cancer, and this protective effect may be modified by the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes. ..
- Bobo W, Stovall J, Knostman M, Koestner J, Shelton R. Converting from brand-name to generic clozapine: a review of effectiveness and tolerability data. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010;67:27-37 pubmed publisher..Patients should be closely monitored during the first one to three months after conversion from one formulation to another. ..
- Bernet W. Ridiculous statements by mental health experts. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2011;20:557-64 pubmed publisher..The author presents examples of ridiculous statements by mental health experts and provides suggestions for how a forensic practitioner might address ridiculous statements by mental health experts. ..
- Byrd J, Jones K. Arthroscopic management of femoroacetabular impingement in athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2011;39 Suppl:7S-13S pubmed publisher..The data substantiate successful outcomes in the arthroscopic management of femoroacetabular impingement with few complications and most athletes were able to resume activities. ..
- Geisberg C, Abdallah W, Da Silva M, Silverstein C, Smith H, Abramson V, et al. Circulating neuregulin during the transition from stage A to stage B/C heart failure in a breast cancer cohort. J Card Fail. 2013;19:10-5 pubmed publisher..Higher baseline NRG levels were observed in those with the greatest decline in LVEF, supporting the continued investigation of NRG as a potential prognostic marker in early-stage HF. ..
- Tao J, Ruan Y, Yin L, Vermund S, Shepherd B, Shao Y, et al. Sex with women among men who have sex with men in China: prevalence and sexual practices. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2013;27:524-8 pubmed publisher..HIV prevention intervention programs should break the bridging role of HIV transmission in MSMW population. ..
- Haycock P, Burgess S, Nounu A, Zheng J, Okoli G, Bowden J, et al. Association Between Telomere Length and Risk of Cancer and Non-Neoplastic Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:636-651 pubmed publisher..28-0.61]) and interstitial lung disease (OR, 0.09 [95% CI, 0.05-0.15]). It is likely that longer telomeres increase risk for several cancers but reduce risk for some non-neoplastic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Marchant A, Sadarangani M, Garand M, Dauby N, Verhasselt V, Pereira L, et al. Maternal immunisation: collaborating with mother nature. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:e197-e208 pubmed publisher..Here we present the results of this worldwide landscape analysis and discuss the identified research gaps. ..
- Diggins N, Webb D. APPL1 is a multifunctional endosomal signaling adaptor protein. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:771-779 pubmed publisher..This review discusses our current understanding of the role of APPL1 in signaling and trafficking, as well as highlights recent work into the function of APPL1 in cell migration and adhesion. ..
- Nguyen T, Murakami Y, Sheridan E, Ehresmann S, Rousseau J, St Denis A, et al. Mutations in GPAA1, Encoding a GPI Transamidase Complex Protein, Cause Developmental Delay, Epilepsy, Cerebellar Atrophy, and Osteopenia. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:856-865 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the role of the transamidase complex in the development and function of the cerebellum and the skeletal system. ..
- Calalb M, Fox D, Hanks S. Molecular cloning and enzymatic analysis of the rat homolog of "PhK-gamma T," an isoform of phosphorylase kinase catalytic subunit. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1455-63 pubmed..We conclude that PhK-gamma T represents a true isoform of phosphorylase kinase catalytic subunit. ..
- Cover T, Blaser M. Purification and characterization of the vacuolating toxin from Helicobacter pylori. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10570-5 pubmed..424 +/- 0.06 versus 0.182 +/- 0.02, p = 0.0009). Finally, ELISA recognition of the purified M(r) = 87,000 protein by human sera was significantly associated with toxin-neutralizing activity (p = 0.019, r = 0.518)...
- Vargo Gogola T, Crawford H, Fingleton B, Matrisian L. Identification of novel matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) cleavage sites in murine and human Fas ligand. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;408:155-61 pubmed..We conclude that the controversy regarding the biological activity of sFasL may be explained, in part, by the generation of distinct forms of sFasL as a result of cleavage at specific sequences. ..
- Hata A, Zent R, Breyer M, Breyer R. Expression and molecular pharmacology of the mouse CRTH2 receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;306:463-70 pubmed..These data provide the first pharmacological and functional characterization of the mouse CRTH2 receptor. ..
- Regan J, Alderson A, Kelley K, Wright A, Hamer G. The execution of wills for patients with Alzheimer's disease: the physician's role in "incapacity" and "undue influence". Tenn Med. 2003;96:515-6 pubmed
- Wilding L, Gannon M. The role of pdx1 and HNF6 in proliferation and differentiation of endocrine precursors. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2004;20:114-23 pubmed
- Sessoms Sikes S, Honse Y, Lovinger D, Colbran R. CaMKIIalpha enhances the desensitization of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors by an autophosphorylation-dependent mechanism. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;29:139-47 pubmed..These data suggest a novel mechanism for Ca2+-dependent negative-feedback regulation of NR2B-containing NMDARs in a CaMKII activity- and autophosphorylation-dependent manner that may modulate NMDAR-mediated synaptic plasticity. ..
- Dmochowski R. The puzzle of overactive bladder: controversies, inconsistencies, and insights. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006;17:650-8 pubmed..Importantly, as understanding of outcomes assessment in OAB matures, refined assessments of disease severity, response to intervention, and patient preference should be possible. ..
- McClendon A, Dickey J, Osheroff N. Ability of viral topoisomerase II to discern the handedness of supercoiled DNA: bimodal recognition of DNA geometry by type II enzymes. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11674-80 pubmed
- Fine J, Johnson L, Weiner M, Suchindran C. Cause-specific risks of childhood death in inherited epidermolysis bullosa. J Pediatr. 2008;152:276-80 pubmed publisher..Renal failure also rarely accounted for death in children with JEB-nH. Infants and children with inherited EB, particularly those with JEB, are at significant risk of death as a result of disease complications. ..
- Austin E, Loyd J, Phillips J. Genetics of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;30:386-98 pubmed publisher..This issue will become increasingly important, as clinical testing for BMPR2 mutations is now available for the evaluation of patients and family members with HPAH and IPAH. ..
- Thatcher E, Patton J. Small RNAs have a big impact on regeneration. RNA Biol. 2010;7:333-8 pubmed..Some of these are thought to be required to maintain "stemness". Here, we summarize recent work on the role of miRNAs in stem cells and their roles during regeneration. ..
- Stathopoulos G, Sherrill T, Karabela S, Goleniewska K, Kalomenidis I, Roussos C, et al. Host-derived interleukin-5 promotes adenocarcinoma-induced malignant pleural effusion. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;182:1273-81 pubmed publisher..Because eosinophils can be found in malignant pleural effusions (MPE) from mice and humans, we asked whether IL-5 is involved in the pathogenesis of MPE...
- Ntourou K, Conture E, Lipsey M. Language abilities of children who stutter: a meta-analytical review. Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2011;20:163-79 pubmed publisher..41), and mean length of utterance (Hedges's g = -0.23). Present findings were taken to suggest that children's language abilities are potentially influential variables associated with childhood stuttering. ..
- Jacob D, Mercer S, Osheroff N, Deweese J. Etoposide quinone is a redox-dependent topoisomerase II poison. Biochemistry. 2011;50:5660-7 pubmed publisher..Our results support the hypothesis that etoposide quinone contributes to etoposide-related leukemogenesis. ..
- Jones P, Pask G, Romaine I, Taylor R, Reid P, Waterson A, et al. Allosteric antagonism of insect odorant receptor ion channels. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30304 pubmed publisher..In an effort to identify additional Orco modulators, we have investigated the structure/activity relationships around VUAA1...
- Jefferson A, Carmona H, Gifford K, Lambe S, Byerly L, Cantwell N, et al. Clinical research risk assessment among individuals with mild cognitive impairment. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012;20:878-86 pubmed publisher..Study partners display a similar pattern. These observations may be secondary to MCI participants' (and their study partners') personal connection to the potential benefits of an experimental medication for memory loss. ..
- ..Moreover, it appears that endothelin-1 signaling may play a central role in the hypertension associated with preeclampsia. In this paper, we discuss emerging data on the pathogenesis of preeclampsia and review therapeutic options. ..
- Lovejoy S, Weiss J, Epps H, Zionts L, Gaffney J. Preventable childhood injuries. J Pediatr Orthop. 2012;32:741-7 pubmed publisher..Much literature exists on these injuries. Preventable injuries occur at alarming rates in children. By arming the orthopaedist with a concise account of these injuries, patient education and child safety may be promoted. 3. ..
- Hoskins A, Reiss S, Wu P, Chen N, Han W, Do R, et al. Asthmatic airway neutrophilia after allergen challenge is associated with the glutathione S-transferase M1 genotype. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;187:34-41 pubmed publisher..The functional GSTM1 genotype promotes neutrophilic airway inflammation in humans with atopic asthma in vivo. ..
- Libster R, Edwards K. Re-emergence of pertussis: what are the solutions?. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2012;11:1331-46 pubmed publisher..Innovative new vaccines are also being studied. Each of these options will be discussed and their potential impact on pertussis control assessed...
- Wang Z, Han J, David L, Schey K. Proteomics and phosphoproteomics analysis of human lens fiber cell membranes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:1135-43 pubmed publisher..The results presented herein significantly expand the characterized proteome and phosphoproteome of the human lens fiber cell and provide a valuable reference for future research in studies of lens development and disease. ..
- Wallace H, Merkle J, Yu M, Berg T, Lee E, Bosco G, et al. TRIP/NOPO E3 ubiquitin ligase promotes ubiquitylation of DNA polymerase ?. Development. 2014;141:1332-41 pubmed publisher..We present a model in which TRIP/NOPO ubiquitylates Pol? to positively regulate its activity in translesion synthesis. ..
- Semler M, Self W, Wanderer J, Ehrenfeld J, Wang L, Byrne D, et al. Balanced Crystalloids versus Saline in Critically Ill Adults. N Engl J Med. 2018;378:829-839 pubmed publisher..Funded by the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research and others; SMART-MED and SMART-SURG ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT02444988 and NCT02547779 .). ..
- Capdevila J, Falck J, Harris R. Cytochrome P450 and arachidonic acid bioactivation. Molecular and functional properties of the arachidonate monooxygenase. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:163-81 pubmed
- Shin O, Exton J. Differential binding of arfaptin 2/POR1 to ADP-ribosylation factors and Rac1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:1267-73 pubmed..Based on these observations, we suggest that arfaptin 2/POR1 is a target protein for GTP-ARFs and for GDP-Rac1, and that it may be involved in interactions between the Rac and ARF signaling pathways. ..
- Nurmi E, Bradford Y, Chen Y, Hall J, Arnone B, Gardiner M, et al. Linkage disequilibrium at the Angelman syndrome gene UBE3A in autism families. Genomics. 2001;77:105-13 pubmed
- Chang S, Cookson M, Baumgartner R, Wells N, Smith J. Analysis of early complications after radical cystectomy: results of a collaborative care pathway. J Urol. 2002;167:2012-6 pubmed..The acceptable rate of early morbidity in this series in a 5-year period validates its use in patients undergoing radical cystectomy. ..
- Hayes B, Boyd A. Eruptive xanthomas. Papules may indicate underlying lipid disorder. Postgrad Med. 2005;118:11-2 pubmed
- Ware L, Bastarache J, Wang L. Coagulation and fibrinolysis in human acute lung injury--new therapeutic targets?. Keio J Med. 2005;54:142-9 pubmed..Modulation of fibrin deposition in the lung through targeting activation and modulation of coagulation as well as fibrinolysis may be an important therapeutic target in clinical ALI/ARDS that deserves further exploration. ..
- McClendon A, Osheroff N. The geometry of DNA supercoils modulates topoisomerase-mediated DNA cleavage and enzyme response to anticancer drugs. Biochemistry. 2006;45:3040-50 pubmed
- ..Here, I review the evidence and potential mechanisms for cortactin as a critical mediator of tumor cell invasion. ..
- Hamid R, Cogan J, Hedges L, Austin E, Phillips J, Newman J, et al. Penetrance of pulmonary arterial hypertension is modulated by the expression of normal BMPR2 allele. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:649-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study illustrates a novel application of lymphoblastoid cell lines in the study of PAH, especially important because the affected site, that is, the lung, is not available for unaffected mutation carriers. ..
- Piña Garza J, Nordli D, Rating D, Yang H, Schiemann Delgado J, Duncan B. Adjunctive levetiracetam in infants and young children with refractory partial-onset seizures. Epilepsia. 2009;50:1141-9 pubmed publisher..3% levetiracetam, 1.8% placebo) and irritability (11.7% levetiracetam, 0% placebo). Adjunctive levetiracetam is an efficacious and well-tolerated treatment for partial-onset seizures in infants and young children. ..
- Neel N, Barzik M, Raman D, Sobolik Delmaire T, Sai J, Ham A, et al. VASP is a CXCR2-interacting protein that regulates CXCR2-mediated polarization and chemotaxis. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1882-94 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first demonstration that direct interaction of VASP with CXCR2 is essential for proper CXCR2 function and demonstrate a crucial role for VASP in mediating chemotaxis in leukocytes. ..
- Li H, Meng S, Levine S, Stratton C, Tang Y. Sensitive, qualitative detection of human herpesvirus-6 and simultaneous differentiation of variants A and B. J Clin Virol. 2009;46:20-3 pubmed publisher..Clinical relevance of the assay awaits further investigation. ..
- Fine J, Mellerio J. Extracutaneous manifestations and complications of inherited epidermolysis bullosa: part II. Other organs. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009;61:387-402; quiz 403-4 pubmed publisher..If untreated, significant morbidity or mortality may result. ..
- Krishnan M, Singh A, Smith J, Sharma A, Chen X, Eschrich S, et al. HDAC inhibitors regulate claudin-1 expression in colon cancer cells through modulation of mRNA stability. Oncogene. 2010;29:305-12 pubmed publisher..As HDAC inhibitors are considered to be promising anticancer drugs, these new findings will have implications in both laboratory and clinical settings. ..
- Drake K, Kang M, Kenworthy A. Nucleocytoplasmic distribution and dynamics of the autophagosome marker EGFP-LC3. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9806 pubmed publisher..Instead, incorporation of soluble EGFP-LC3 into large macromolecular complexes within both the cytoplasm and nucleus may prevent its rapid equilibrium between the two compartments. ..
- Creech C, Saye E, McKenna B, Johnson B, Jimenez N, Talbot T, et al. One-year surveillance of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization and skin and soft tissue infections in collegiate athletes. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010;164:615-20 pubmed publisher..A combination of distinct molecular characteristics in the organism and specific host factors may govern the development of staphylococcal disease. ..
- Njoroge S, Laposata M, Katrangi W, Seegmiller A. DHA and EPA reverse cystic fibrosis-related FA abnormalities by suppressing FA desaturase expression and activity. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:257-65 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the fatty acid abnormalities of CF are related to intrinsic alterations of PUFA metabolism and that they may be reversed by supplementation with DHA and EPA. ..
- Breitman M, Kook S, Gimenez L, Lizama B, Palazzo M, Gurevich E, et al. Silent scaffolds: inhibition OF c-Jun N-terminal kinase 3 activity in cell by dominant-negative arrestin-3 mutant. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19653-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, KNC is a silent scaffold, a novel type of molecular tool for the suppression of MAPK signaling in living cells. ..
- Thurman R, Jauch E, Panagos P, Reynolds M, Mocco J. Four evolving strategies in the emergent treatment of acute ischemic stroke. Emerg Med Pract. 2012;14:1-26; quiz 26-7 pubmed
- Zhao L, Pence M, Christov P, Wawrzak Z, Choi J, Rizzo C, et al. Basis of miscoding of the DNA adduct N2,3-ethenoguanine by human Y-family DNA polymerases. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35516-26 pubmed publisher..Base pairing mechanisms derived from the crystal structures explain the slightly favored dCTP insertion for pol ? in steady-state kinetic analysis. Taken together, these results provide a basis for the mutagenic potential of N(2),3-?G. ..
- Zhao Z, Guo A, van den Oord E, Aliev F, Jia P, Edenberg H, et al. Multi-species data integration and gene ranking enrich significant results in an alcoholism genome-wide association study. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 8:S16 pubmed publisher..These results, along with our experimental validation of specific genes in mice, C. elegans and Drosophila, suggest that a cross-species evidence-based approach is useful to identify candidate genes contributing to alcoholism. ..
- Gradishar W, Yardley D, Layman R, Sparano J, Chuang E, Northfelt D, et al. Clinical and Translational Results of a Phase II, Randomized Trial of an Anti-IGF-1R (Cixutumumab) in Women with Breast Cancer That Progressed on Endocrine Therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:301-9 pubmed publisher..The prognostic or predictive value of IR as a biomarker for IGF-1R-targeted therapies requires further validation. ..
- Cade B, Gottlieb D, Lauderdale D, Bennett D, Buchman A, Buxbaum S, et al. Common variants in DRD2 are associated with sleep duration: the CARe consortium. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:167-79 pubmed publisher..Our work motivates future pharmocogenetics research on alerting agents such as caffeine and modafinil that interact with the dopaminergic pathway and further investigation of genetic overlap between sleep and neuro-psychiatric traits. ..
- Spearman P, Horton R, Ratner L, Kuli Zade I. Membrane binding of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 matrix protein in vivo supports a conformational myristyl switch mechanism. J Virol. 1997;71:6582-92 pubmed
- Chapman S, Ayala J, Streeper R, Culbert A, Eaton E, Svitek C, et al. Multiple promoter elements are required for the stimulatory effect of insulin on human collagenase-1 gene transcription. Selective effects on activator protein-1 expression may explain the quantitative difference in insulin and phorbol ester action. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18625-34 pubmed..Moreover, phorbol esters were a much more potent inducer of collagenase-CAT gene transcription than insulin, a difference that may be explained by selective effects of insulin and phorbol esters on AP-1 expression. ..
- Williamson D, Banik Maiti S, DeGregori J, Ruley H. hnRNP C is required for postimplantation mouse development but Is dispensable for cell viability. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4094-105 pubmed..These results indicate that the C1 and C2 hnRNPs are not required for any essential step in mRNA biogenesis; however, the proteins may influence the rate and/or fidelity of one or more steps. ..
- Stein R, Staros J. Evolutionary analysis of the ErbB receptor and ligand families. J Mol Evol. 2000;50:397-412 pubmed
- Loeb Hennard C, McIntyre J. (R)-3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase: selective phosphatidylcholine binding by the C-terminal domain. Biochemistry. 2000;39:11928-38 pubmed..5% pyrenyl-PE) referable to nonspecific interaction of pyrenyl-PE with HH-Histag-BDH or GST-CTBDH. Thus, the 103-residue CTBDH constitutes a PC-selective lipid binding domain of the PC-requiring BDH. ..
- Lewis J, Agodoa L, Cheek D, Greene T, Middleton J, O Connor D, et al. Comparison of cross-sectional renal function measurements in African Americans with hypertensive nephrosclerosis and of primary formulas to estimate glomerular filtration rate. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001;38:744-53 pubmed..Formulas using demographic data and readily measured serum values estimate (125)I-iothalamate GFR...
- Sathe N, Lee P, Giuse N. A power information user (PIU) model to promote information integration in Tennessee's public health community. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004;92:459-64 pubmed..Moreover, EBL continues to employ principles of domain understanding inherent in the PIU model to develop further interventions for the public health community and library users. ..
- Irvin Wilson C, Chaudhuri G. Alternative initiation and splicing in dicer gene expression in human breast cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7:R563-9 pubmed..Furthermore, alternative splicing of its exon 2 and 3 sequences of their pre-mRNA creates a more translationally competent mRNA in these cells. ..
- Davidson H, Evans S, Ganote C, Henrickson J, Jacobs Priebe L, Jones D, et al. Power and action in critical theory across disciplines: implications for critical community psychology. Am J Community Psychol. 2006;38:35-49 pubmed..We discuss the implications of this state of affairs for the development of a more critical community psychology. ..
- Coffey R, Washington M, Corless C, Heinrich M. Ménétrier disease and gastrointestinal stromal tumors: hyperproliferative disorders of the stomach. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:70-80 pubmed
- Lynch C, Vargo Gogola T, Martin M, Fingleton B, Crawford H, Matrisian L. Matrix metalloproteinase 7 mediates mammary epithelial cell tumorigenesis through the ErbB4 receptor. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6760-7 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of the ErbB4 ICD in the c57MG cell line recapitulated the proliferative effects of MMP7 in vitro and in vivo. These data indicate a novel mechanism for mammary epithelial cell transformation by MMP7. ..
- Gaba P, Haley C, Griffin M, Mitchel E, Warkentin J, Holt E, et al. Increasing outpatient fluoroquinolone exposure before tuberculosis diagnosis and impact on culture-negative disease. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:2317-22 pubmed..81; 95% CI, 0.41-1.60). Fluoroquinolone use before tuberculosis diagnosis increased significantly during the study period. However, fluoroquinolone exposure was not associated with an increased risk of culture-negative tuberculosis. ..
- Rosenbluth J, Johnson K, Tang L, Triplett T, Pietenpol J. Evaluation of p63 and p73 antibodies for cross-reactivity. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3702-6 pubmed..The results of this study have important implications for analysis of p63 and p73 expression and co-expression in human tumors, and for potential use of these reagents in molecular diagnostics and therapeutic decision-making. ..
- Lovejoy C, Xu X, Bansbach C, Glick G, Zhao R, Ye F, et al. Functional genomic screens identify CINP as a genome maintenance protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19304-9 pubmed publisher..CINP interacts with ATR-interacting protein and regulates ATR-dependent signaling, resistance to replication stress, and G2 checkpoint integrity. ..
- Bond S. Physiological aging in older adults with cancer: implications for treatment decision making and toxicity management. J Gerontol Nurs. 2010;36:26-37; quiz 38-9 pubmed publisher..This article examines the impact of physiological aging on treatment decision making and toxicity management in older adults with cancer. ..
- Ghosh R, Narasanna A, Wang S, Liu S, Chakrabarty A, Balko J, et al. Trastuzumab has preferential activity against breast cancers driven by HER2 homodimers. Cancer Res. 2011;71:1871-82 pubmed publisher..A clinical implication of our results is that high levels of HER2 homodimers may predict a positive response to trastuzumab. ..
- Gurevich E, Tesmer J, Mushegian A, Gurevich V. G protein-coupled receptor kinases: more than just kinases and not only for GPCRs. Pharmacol Ther. 2012;133:40-69 pubmed publisher..Targeted modulation of expression and/or of activity of several GRK isoforms for therapeutic purposes was recently validated in cardiac disorders and Parkinson's disease. ..
- Morgan T, House J, Cresci S, Jones P, Allayee H, Hazen S, et al. Investigation of 95 variants identified in a genome-wide study for association with mortality after acute coronary syndrome. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:127 pubmed publisher..Large-scale, collaborative, genome-wide studies may be required in order to detect genetic variants that are robustly associated with survival in patients with coronary artery disease. ..
- Guler G, Liu H, Vaithiyalingam S, Arnett D, Kremmer E, Chazin W, et al. Human DNA helicase B (HDHB) binds to replication protein A and facilitates cellular recovery from replication stress. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6469-81 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this pattern of recruitment, cells depleted of HDHB display reduced recovery from replication stress. ..
- Belkhiri A, Zhu S, Chen Z, Soutto M, El Rifai W. Resistance to TRAIL is mediated by DARPP-32 in gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:3889-900 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a novel mechanism of TRAIL resistance mediated by DARPP-32, whereby it inhibits the intrinsic apoptosis pathway through upregulation of BCL-xL, and the extrinsic apoptosis pathway through the NF-?B/FLIP(S) axis. ..
- Kalams S, Parker S, Elizaga M, Metch B, Edupuganti S, Hural J, et al. Safety and comparative immunogenicity of an HIV-1 DNA vaccine in combination with plasmid interleukin 12 and impact of intramuscular electroporation for delivery. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:818-29 pubmed publisher..Use of electroporation after PV administration provided superior immunogenicity than delivery without electroporation. This study illustrates the power of combined DNA approaches to generate impressive immune responses in humans. ..
- Pryhuber G, Maitre N, Ballard R, Cifelli D, Davis S, Ellenberg J, et al. Prematurity and respiratory outcomes program (PROP): study protocol of a prospective multicenter study of respiratory outcomes of preterm infants in the United States. BMC Pediatr. 2015;15:37 pubmed publisher..Clinical Trials.gov NCT01435187. ..