Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Publications851 found, 100 shown here
- ..A timely public health and policy action is needed in order to curb the emerging waterpipe smoking epidemic. ..
- Baskin J, Pui C, Reiss U, Wilimas J, Metzger M, Ribeiro R, et al. Management of occlusion and thrombosis associated with long-term indwelling central venous catheters. Lancet. 2009;374:159-69 pubmed publisher..Prevention of catheter-related thromboses includes proper positioning of the CVC and prevention of infections; anticoagulation prophylaxis is not currently recommended. ..
- Elmeliegy M, Carcaboso A, Tagen M, Bai F, Stewart C. Role of ATP-binding cassette and solute carrier transporters in erlotinib CNS penetration and intracellular accumulation. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:89-99 pubmed publisher..Erlotinib and OSI-420 are substrates for SLC22A family members OAT3 and OCT2. Our findings provide a mechanistic basis for erlotinib CNS penetration, cellular uptake, and efflux mechanisms. ..
- Hong L, Levy S, Warren J, Broffitt B. Amoxicillin use during early childhood and fluorosis of later developing tooth zones. J Public Health Dent. 2011;71:229-35 pubmed..Amoxicillin use has been reported to be associated with developmental defects on enamel surfaces. This analysis assessed the association between amoxicillin use and fluorosis on late-erupting permanent teeth...
- Gurney J, Kaste S, Liu W, Srivastava D, Chemaitilly W, Ness K, et al. Bone mineral density among long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014;61:1270-6 pubmed publisher..Given that cranial radiation treatment for childhood ALL is used far more sparingly now than in earlier treatment eras, concerns about persistently low BMD among most current childhood ALL patients may be unwarranted. ..
- Kim E, Wang B, Sastry N, Masliah E, Nelson P, Cai H, et al. NEDD4-mediated HSF1 degradation underlies Î±-synucleinopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:211-22 pubmed publisher..Together with the finding that preserving HSF1 can alleviate Î±-synuclein toxicity, this study strongly suggests that aberrant HSF1 degradation is a key neurodegenerative mechanism underlying Î±-synucleinopathy. ..
- Kadam A, Eutsey R, Rosch J, Miao X, Longwell M, Xu W, et al. Promiscuous signaling by a regulatory system unique to the pandemic PMEN1 pneumococcal lineage. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006339 pubmed publisher..Acquisition of TprA2/PhrA2 has provided PMEN1 isolates with a mechanism to promote commensalism over dissemination and control inter-strain gene regulation. ..
- Lennon C, Hunter J, Mistry A, Espahbodi M, Deasey M, Niesner K, et al. NIH Funding within Otolaryngology: 2005-2014. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;157:774-780 pubmed publisher..Conclusion NIH funding in otolaryngology tends to be awarded to those with PhDs studying the hearing sciences, with 1 in 5 having multiple awards. As in other areas of NIH funding, women are underrepresented overall. ..
- Cortez V, Meliopoulos V, Karlsson E, Hargest V, Johnson C, Schultz Cherry S. Astrovirus Biology and Pathogenesis. Annu Rev Virol. 2017;4:327-348 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes these remarkable facets of astrovirus biology, highlighting critical steps toward increasing our understanding of this unique enteric pathogen. ..
- Wilimas J, Ribeiro R. Pediatric hematology-oncology outreach for developing countries. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2001;15:775-87, x pubmed..Future programs should be designed to maximize and evaluate impact, report accomplishments and failures, and avoid duplication...
- Howes J, Shimizu Y, Feige M, Hendershot L. C-terminal mutations destabilize SIL1/BAP and can cause Marinesco-Sjögren syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:8552-60 pubmed publisher..These new insights might be a first step toward a possible pharmacological treatment of certain types of MSS by specifically stabilizing the mutant SIL1 protein. ..
- Rana R, CARROLL C, Lee H, Bao J, Marada S, Grace C, et al. Structural insights into the role of the Smoothened cysteine-rich domain in Hedgehog signalling. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2965 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight a function of the Smo CRD, demonstrating its role in binding to small-molecule modulators. ..
- Santiago T, Clay M, Azzato E, Newman S, Fernandez Pineda I, Nichols K, et al. Clear cell sarcoma of kidney involving a horseshoe kidney and harboring EGFR internal tandem duplication. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..Herein, we report the first case of CCSK arising in HSK and harboring epidermal growth factor receptor ITD. ..
- Khan N, Fraser B, Nguyen V, Moore K, Boop S, Vaughn B, et al. Pediatric abusive head trauma and stroke. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017;20:183-190 pubmed publisher..It should be noted that the word "stroke" or "CVA" should not automatically imply arterial compromise in this population. ..
- Lin C, Smeltzer M, Jemal A, Osarogiagbon R. Risk-Adjusted Margin Positivity Rate as a Surgical Quality Metric for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1161-1170 pubmed publisher..77 to 0.84, p < 0.0001) compared with underperformers. Facility performance in lung cancer surgery can be captured by the risk-adjusted margin-positivity rate, potentially providing a valid quality improvement metric. ..
- McCullers J, Vargas S, Flynn P, Razzouk B, Shenep J. Candidal meningitis in children with cancer. Clin Infect Dis. 2000;31:451-7 pubmed..The cases were invariably fatal, supporting aggressive treatment of candidal meningitis in immunocompromised patients and further study of the prevention, diagnosis, and management of C. tropicalis meningitis...
- Houghton P, Germain G, Harwood F, Schuetz J, Stewart C, Buchdunger E, et al. Imatinib mesylate is a potent inhibitor of the ABCG2 (BCRP) transporter and reverses resistance to topotecan and SN-38 in vitro. Cancer Res. 2004;64:2333-7 pubmed..These results suggest that imatinib mesylate inhibits the function of ABCG2 but is not a substrate for this transporter...
- Kandilci A, Grosveld G. SET-induced calcium signaling and MAPK/ERK pathway activation mediate dendritic cell-like differentiation of U937 cells. Leukemia. 2005;19:1439-45 pubmed..These results suggest that SET is part of both IFN-gamma-mediated and stress-mediated cellular responses and that SET induces cell differentiation via calcium and MAPK/ERK pathways. ..
- Slominski A, Fischer T, Zmijewski M, Wortsman J, Semak I, Zbytek B, et al. On the role of melatonin in skin physiology and pathology. Endocrine. 2005;27:137-48 pubmed..Furthermore, melatonin could have a role in protection against solar radiation or even in the management of skin diseases. ..
- Daw N, Billups C, Rodriguez Galindo C, McCarville M, Rao B, Cain A, et al. Metastatic osteosarcoma. Cancer. 2006;106:403-12 pubmed..001) were associated with improved survival probability. The poor outcome of patients with metastatic osteosarcoma treated in OS-91 justifies the use of cisplatin with its associated toxicity in patients with high-risk disease. ..
- Karimova E, Rai S, Howard S, Neel M, Britton L, Pui C, et al. Femoral head osteonecrosis in pediatric and young adult patients with leukemia or lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:1525-31 pubmed..Lesions occupying more than 30% of the femoral head have high likelihood of joint deterioration necessitating arthroplasty at a young age. ..
- Leonardi R, Zhang Y, Lykidis A, Rock C, Jackowski S. Localization and regulation of mouse pantothenate kinase 2. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4639-44 pubmed..Differences in expression and subcellular localization should be considered in developing a mouse model for human PanK2 deficiency. ..
- Li C, Krishnamurthy P, Penmatsa H, Marrs K, Wang X, Zaccolo M, et al. Spatiotemporal coupling of cAMP transporter to CFTR chloride channel function in the gut epithelia. Cell. 2007;131:940-51 pubmed..Mrp4 knockout mice are more prone to CFTR-mediated secretory diarrhea. Our findings have important implications for disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease and secretory diarrhea. ..
- Seidenstricker Kink L, Becker D, Govier D, Deleon V, Lo L, Kane A. Comparative osseous and soft tissue morphology following cleft lip repair. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2008;45:511-7 pubmed publisher..Primary lip repair appears to effect gains in symmetry in soft tissue and provides sufficient molding forces to cause correlating symmetry changes in underlying osseous structures. ..
- Yoon K, Phelps D, Bush R, Remack J, Billups C, Khoury J. ICAM-2 expression mediates a membrane-actin link, confers a nonmetastatic phenotype and reflects favorable tumor stage or histology in neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3629 pubmed publisher..Current work focuses on identifying specific protein domains critical to the regulation of neuroblastoma cell motility and metastasis and on determining if these domains represent exploitable therapeutic targets. ..
- Penmatsa H, Frederick C, Nekkalapu S, Conoley V, Zhang W, Li C, et al. Clinical and molecular characterization of S1118F-CFTR. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2009;44:1003-9 pubmed publisher..S1118F-CFTR shows impaired maturation and an individual with S1118F-CFTR paired with DeltaF508-CFTR exhibits atypical CF symptoms with intermediate sweat chloride level and meconium ileus despite documented pancreatic sufficiency. ..
- Smithson D, Lee J, Shelat A, Phillips M, Guy R. Discovery of potent and selective inhibitors of Trypanosoma brucei ornithine decarboxylase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16771-81 pubmed publisher..Docking of a subset of these inhibitors, coupled with mutagenesis, also supports the existence of these allosteric sites. ..
- McCarville M, Hillenbrand C, Loeffler R, Smeltzer M, Song R, Li C, et al. Comparison of whole liver and small region-of-interest measurements of MRI liver R2* in children with iron overload. Pediatr Radiol. 2010;40:1360-7 pubmed publisher..Because such variability could adversely impact patient management when R2* values are near a threshold of iron chelation therapy, we recommend using a whole liver ROI. ..
- Wynn L, Miller S, Faughnan L, Luo Z, Debenham E, Adix L, et al. Recruitment of infants with sickle cell anemia to a Phase III trial: data from the BABY HUG study. Contemp Clin Trials. 2010;31:558-63 pubmed publisher..Large, demanding clinical trials require an adequate pool of potential participants. Approaching all potentially eligible patients without predetermined biases enhances success in recruitment. ..
- Lichtenthal W, Neimeyer R, Currier J, Roberts K, JORDAN N. Cause of death and the quest for meaning after the loss of a child. Death Stud. 2013;37:311-42 pubmed
- Llambi F, Wang Y, Victor B, Yang M, Schneider D, Gingras S, et al. BOK Is a Non-canonical BCL-2 Family Effector of Apoptosis Regulated by ER-Associated Degradation. Cell. 2016;165:421-33 pubmed publisher..When proteasome function, VCP, or gp78 activity is compromised, BOK is stabilized to induce MOMP and apoptosis independently of other BCL-2 proteins. ..
- Webster R, Bean W, Gorman O, Chambers T, Kawaoka Y. Evolution and ecology of influenza A viruses. Microbiol Rev. 1992;56:152-79 pubmed..ix) Once the ecological properties of influenza viruses are understood, it may be possible to interdict the introduction of new influenza viruses into humans. ..
- Hirai H, Sherr C. Interaction of D-type cyclins with a novel myb-like transcription factor, DMP1. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6457-67 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that cyclin D-dependent kinases regulate gene expression in an RB independent manner, thereby serving to link other genetic programs to the cell cycle clock. ..
- Corbett C, Wall B, Cohen M. Case report: empyema with hydropneumothorax and bacteremia caused by Clostridium sporogenes. Am J Med Sci. 1996;312:242-5 pubmed..The role of the laboratory in identifying such anaerobic isolates is discussed...
- Wang C, McCarty I, Balazs L, Li Y, Steiner M. Immunohistological detection of BRAF25 in human prostate tumor and cancer specimens. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:136-41 pubmed..Preincubation of the antibody with the immunizing peptide abolished immunostaining in BPH specimens. Therefore, the expression of BRAF25 was gradually lost in prostate cancer. ..
- Izeradjene K, Douglas L, Delaney A, Houghton J. Casein kinase I attenuates tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis by regulating the recruitment of fas-associated death domain and procaspase-8 to the death-inducing signaling complex. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8036-44 pubmed..These findings suggest that CKIalpha plays an antiapoptotic role through the generation of phosphorylated sites at the level of the death-inducing signaling complex, thereby conferring resistance to caspase cleavage mediated by TRAIL. ..
- Madan A, Ternovits C, Speck K, Pritchard F, Tichansky D. Laparoscopic lumbar hernia repair. Am Surg. 2006;72:318-21 pubmed..Herein, we describe two patients with lumbar hernias (one with a recurrent traumatic hernia and one with an incisional hernia). Both of these hernias were successfully repaired laparoscopically. ..
- Tillmanns T, Lowe M. Safety, feasibility, and costs of outpatient laparoscopic extraperitoneal aortic nodal dissection for locally advanced cervical carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;106:370-4 pubmed..From a cost analysis perspective, outpatient LEPSS appears equivalent to PET scan and MRI, but is more expensive than CT scan. ..
- Reiner A, Del Mar N, Deng Y, Meade C, Sun Z, Goldowitz D. R6/2 neurons with intranuclear inclusions survive for prolonged periods in the brains of chimeric mice. J Comp Neurol. 2007;505:603-29 pubmed
- Garvie P, Lawford J, Flynn P, Gaur A, Belzer M, McSherry G, et al. Development of a directly observed therapy adherence intervention for adolescents with human immunodeficiency virus-1: application of focus group methodology to inform design, feasibility, and acceptability. J Adolesc Health. 2009;44:124-132 pubmed publisher..Focus group feedback clarified the feasibility, logistics, and patient concerns about the design and implementation of a proposed MDOT intervention for adolescents with HIV-1 infection who struggle with medication adherence. ..
- Conklin H, Lawford J, Jasper B, Morris E, Howard S, Ogg S, et al. Side effects of methylphenidate in childhood cancer survivors: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2009;124:226-33 pubmed publisher..The seemingly paradoxical findings of increased "side effects" at baseline must be considered when monitoring side effects and designing clinical trials. ..
- Boon A, deBeauchamp J, Hollmann A, Luke J, Kotb M, Rowe S, et al. Host genetic variation affects resistance to infection with a highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza A virus in mice. J Virol. 2009;83:10417-26 pubmed publisher..One of the validated genes, the hemolytic complement gene, affected virus titer 7 days after infection. We conclude that H5N1 influenza virus-induced pathology is affected by a complex and multigenic host component...
- Zhang J, Lu A, Li L, Yue J, Lu Y. p16 Modulates VEGF expression via its interaction with HIF-1alpha in breast cancer cells. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:588-97 pubmed publisher..Moreover, p16 appears to form a complex with HIF-1a, the transcription factor for the VEGF gene promoter. Taken together, the binding between p16 and HIF-1a protein may alter HIF-1a's ability to transactivate VEGF expression. ..
- Jiang Y, Zhang Q, Soderland C, Steinle J. TNF? and SOCS3 regulate IRS-1 to increase retinal endothelial cell apoptosis. Cell Signal. 2012;24:1086-92 pubmed publisher..Resolution of the hyperglycemia-induced TNF? levels in retinal endothelial cells may prevent apoptosis through disinhibition of insulin receptor signaling. ..
- Jang H, Boltz D, McClaren J, Pani A, Smeyne M, Korff A, et al. Inflammatory effects of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus infection in the CNS of mice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1545-59 pubmed publisher..We conclude that H5N1 infection in mice induces a long-lasting inflammatory response in brain and may play a contributing factor in the development of pathologies in neurodegenerative disorders...
- Brennan R, Wilson M, Kaste S, Helton K, McCarville M. US and MRI of pediatric ocular masses with histopathological correlation. Pediatr Radiol. 2012;42:738-49 pubmed publisher..Features useful in discriminating among these entities are emphasized. ..
- Bedford D, Brindle P. Is histone acetylation the most important physiological function for CBP and p300?. Aging (Albany NY). 2012;4:247-55 pubmed..Rather, it appears that target gene context (e.g. DNA sequence) influences the extent to which CBP and p300 are necessary for transcription. ..
- Perciavalle R, Opferman J. Delving deeper: MCL-1's contributions to normal and cancer biology. Trends Cell Biol. 2013;23:22-9 pubmed publisher..MCL-1 is highly amplified in human cancer, suggesting that these functions may contribute to malignant cell growth and evasion of apoptosis. ..
- Waibel M, Solomon V, Knight D, Ralli R, Kim S, Banks K, et al. Combined targeting of JAK2 and Bcl-2/Bcl-xL to cure mutant JAK2-driven malignancies and overcome acquired resistance to JAK2 inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1047-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have defined a potentially curative treatment for hematological malignancies expressing constitutively active JAK2. ..
- Shah R, Morsy M, Weiman D, Vetrovec G. Meta-Analysis Comparing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting to Drug-Eluting Stents and to Medical Therapy Alone for Left Main Coronary Artery Disease. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:63-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CABG increases early (i.e., within 30 days) MACCE rates, driven by an increased risk of stroke. Over longer durations, PCI increases MACCE rates because of increased recurrent revascularization. ..
- Hansen B, Gografe S, Pritt S, Jen K, McWhirter C, Barman S, et al. Ensuring due process in the IACUC and animal welfare setting: considerations in developing noncompliance policies and procedures for institutional animal care and use committees and institutional officials. FASEB J. 2017;31:4216-4225 pubmed publisher..Hansen, K. D., Redman, B. Ensuring due process in the IACUC and animal welfare setting: considerations in developing noncompliance policies and procedures for institutional animal care and use committees and institutional officials. ..
- Slominski A, Pisarchik A, Tobin D, Mazurkiewicz J, Wortsman J. Differential expression of a cutaneous corticotropin-releasing hormone system. Endocrinology. 2004;145:941-50 pubmed publisher..The adnexal location of CRH-R2 suggests a role for the receptor in hair growth. The differential interspecies CRH signaling expression pattern probably reflects adaptation to species-specific skin function determinants...
- Wasserman A, Wilimas J, Fairclough D, Mulhern R, Wang W. Subtle neuropsychological deficits in children with sickle cell disease. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1991;13:14-20 pubmed..The possibility that subtle neuropsychological deficits in younger patients with SCD reflect either subclinical strokes or a predisposition for strokes merits further investigation in a large multi-institution study. ..
- Kambeyanda D, Singer L, Cronk S. Potential problems associated with use of speech recognition products. Assist Technol. 1997;9:95-101 pubmed
- Feau C, Arnold L, Kosinski A, Zhu F, Connelly M, Guy R. Novel flufenamic acid analogues as inhibitors of androgen receptor mediated transcription. ACS Chem Biol. 2009;4:834-43 pubmed publisher..Herein we describe the development of small molecule analogues of flufenamic acid that antagonize AR. This novel class of AR inhibitors binds to the hormone binding site, blocks AR transcription activity, and acts on AR target genes. ..
- Kelly D, McCarthy R, McCullough F, Kelly H. Long-term outcomes of anterior spinal fusion with instrumentation for thoracolumbar and lumbar curves in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010;35:194-8 pubmed publisher..Despite expected degenerative changes, patients scored well on the SRS and Oswestry tests, and were able to pursue careers and family activities. ..
- Narayanan R, Jiang J, Gusev Y, Jones A, Kearbey J, Miller D, et al. MicroRNAs are mediators of androgen action in prostate and muscle. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13637 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a feedback loop between miRs, corepressors and AR and the imperative role of miRs in AR function in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues. ..
- Beltran C, Pai Panandiker A, Krasin M, Merchant T. Daily image-guided localization for neuroblastoma. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2010;11:3388 pubmed..The internal margin needs further investigation before PTV reduction can be made. Ultrasound localization was highly variable and not correlated to CBCT shifts. ..
- Krull K, Hockenberry M, Miketova P, Carey M, Moore I. Chemotherapy-related changes in central nervous system phospholipids and neurocognitive function in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:535-40 pubmed publisher..Post-induction LPC was associated with verbal working memory (p = 0.007). Results indicate that early changes in phospholipids are related to neurocognitive decline and suggest a chemotherapy impact on white matter integrity. ..
- Chisholm Burns M, Spivey C, Graff Zivin J, Lee J, Sredzinski E, Tolley E. Improving outcomes of renal transplant recipients with behavioral adherence contracts: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:2364-73 pubmed publisher..785; 95% CI: 1.314, 2.425), resulting in cost savings. Thus, evidence supports using behavioral contracts as an effective adherence intervention that may improve healthcare outcomes and lower costs. ..
- Budde K, Zonnenberg B, Frost M, Cheung W, Urva S, Brechenmacher T, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of everolimus in patients with renal angiomyolipoma and tuberous sclerosis complex or lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;81:958-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that plasma angiogenic markers may provide an objective measure of patient response to everolimus. ..
- Abbasi S, Shenep J, Hughes W, Flynn P. Aspergillosis in children with cancer: A 34-year experience. Clin Infect Dis. 1999;29:1210-9 pubmed..0014). Aspergillosis continues to be associated with poor outcome. Development of improved medical and adjuvant therapies, including surgery, is warranted. ..
- Suzuki T, Portner A, Scroggs R, Uchikawa M, Koyama N, Matsuo K, et al. Receptor specificities of human respiroviruses. J Virol. 2001;75:4604-13 pubmed..These findings provide important information that can be used to develop inhibitors that prevent human parainfluenza virus infection. ..
- Anghelescu D, de Armendi A, Thompson J, Sillos E, Pui C, Sandlund J. Vincristine-induced vocal cord paralysis in an infant. Paediatr Anaesth. 2002;12:168-70 pubmed..Therefore, it should be suspected when stridor is present, and clinicians should consider visualization of the airway to establish the cause of upper airway compromise in infants receiving vincristine. ..
- Strom T, Gabbard W, Kelly P, Cunningham J, Nienhuis A. Functional correction of T cells derived from patients with the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS) by transduction with an oncoretroviral vector encoding the WAS protein. Gene Ther. 2003;10:803-9 pubmed..The demonstration that correction of T cell defects can be achieved by gene transfer supports continued efforts to develop gene therapy for WAS. ..
- Jia X, Cheng K, Mahato R. Coexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist for improved human islet survival and function. Mol Pharm. 2007;4:199-207 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicated that coexpression of growth factor and antiapoptic genes can improve islet survival and function. ..
- Bloomer R. The role of nutritional supplements in the prevention and treatment of resistance exercise-induced skeletal muscle injury. Sports Med. 2007;37:519-32 pubmed
- Palle K, Pattarello L, van der Merwe M, Losasso C, Benedetti P, Bjornsti M. Disulfide cross-links reveal conserved features of DNA topoisomerase I architecture and a role for the N terminus in clamp closure. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27767-75 pubmed publisher..However, the composition of the divergent N-terminal/linker domains impacts Top1-clamp activity and stability in vivo. ..
- Tresse E, Salomons F, Vesa J, Bott L, Kimonis V, Yao T, et al. VCP/p97 is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and this function is impaired by mutations that cause IBMPFD. Autophagy. 2010;6:217-27 pubmed..We conclude that VCP is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and that defect in this function may contribute to IBMPFD pathogenesis...
- Wu G, Broniscer A, McEachron T, Lu C, Paugh B, Becksfort J, et al. Somatic histone H3 alterations in pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas and non-brainstem glioblastomas. Nat Genet. 2012;44:251-3 pubmed publisher..3, or in the related HIST1H3B, encoding histone H3.1, that caused a p.Lys27Met amino acid substitution in each protein. An additional 14% of non-BS-PGs had somatic mutations in H3F3A causing a p.Gly34Arg alteration...
- Fan F, Tonon G, Bashari M, Vallet S, Antonini E, Goldschmidt H, et al. Targeting Mcl-1 for multiple myeloma (MM) therapy: drug-induced generation of Mcl-1 fragment Mcl-1(128-350) triggers MM cell death via c-Jun upregulation. Cancer Lett. 2014;343:286-94 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data indicate that drug-induced generation of a pro-apoptotic Mcl-1 fragment followed by c-Jun upregulation may also be a novel therapeutic approach in other tumor entities. ..
- Chang J, Tsivgoulis G, Katsanos A, Malkoff M, Alexandrov A. Diagnostic Accuracy of Transcranial Doppler for Brain Death Confirmation: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:408-14 pubmed publisher..However, transcranial Doppler evaluates cerebral circulatory arrest rather than brain stem function, and this limitation needs to be taken into account when interpreting the results of this meta-analysis. ..
- Khatib Z, Inaba T, Valentine M, Look A. Chromosomal localization and cDNA cloning of the human DBP and TEF genes. Genomics. 1994;23:344-51 pubmed..Knowledge of the human chromosome locations of these PAR proteins will facilitate studies to assess their involvement in carcinogenesis and other fundamental biological processes. ..
- Hughes W, Leoung G, Kramer F, Bozzette S, Safrin S, Frame P, et al. Comparison of atovaquone (566C80) with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole to treat Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients with AIDS. N Engl J Med. 1993;328:1521-7 pubmed..For the treatment of P. carinii pneumonia, atovaquone is less effective than trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, but it has fewer treatment-limiting adverse effects. ..
- Teitz T, Wei T, Valentine M, Vanin E, Grenet J, Valentine V, et al. Caspase 8 is deleted or silenced preferentially in childhood neuroblastomas with amplification of MYCN. Nat Med. 2000;6:529-35 pubmed..Thus, caspase 8 acts as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastomas with amplification of MYCN. ..
- Jurado L, Song S, Roesler W, Park E. Conserved amino acids within CCAAT enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBP(alpha) and beta) regulate phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27606-12 pubmed..Our results indicate that both C/EBP proteins and CBP participate in the regulation of PEPCK gene transcription by thyroid hormone. ..
- Helton K, Wang W, Wynn L, Khan R, Steen R. The effect of hydroxyurea on vasculopathy in a child with sickle cell disease. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2002;23:1692-6 pubmed..Hydroxyurea can be effective in treating vasculopathy, but it might not prevent the progression of parenchymal damage in advanced disease. ..
- Yang C, Murti A, Valentine W, Du Z, Pfeffer L. Interferon alpha activates NF-kappaB in JAK1-deficient cells through a TYK2-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25849-53 pubmed..In the IFN signaling pathway leading to STAT activation, both JAK1 and TYK2 are essential, whereas NF-kappaB activation requires only TYK2. ..
- Patters M, Bland P, Shiloah J, Blankenship J, Scarbecz M. Comparison of the Hydrabrush powered toothbrush with two commercially-available powered toothbrushes. J Int Acad Periodontol. 2005;7:80-9 pubmed..No differences were seen among the treatment groups with regard to gingival recession and bleeding on probing and none of the tested brushes caused any adverse reactions. ..
- Bao D, Pang Z, Morgan J. The structure and proteolytic processing of Cbln1 complexes. J Neurochem. 2005;95:618-29 pubmed..Cleavage at the C-terminus of the cerebellin motif disrupts the C1q domain and abolishes subunit interactions. Functional implications of these data are discussed. ..
- Beranova Giorgianni S, Zhao Y, Desiderio D, Giorgianni F. Phosphoproteomic analysis of the human pituitary. Pituitary. 2006;9:109-20 pubmed..Because the investigation involved primary tissue, the findings provide a direct glimpse into the phosphoprotein machinery operating within the human pituitary tissue microenvironment. ..