Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Topic: cell line
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Tu Y, Kim J. A fusogenic segment of glycoprotein H from herpes simplex virus enhances transfection efficiency of cationic liposomes. J Gene Med. 2008;10:646-54 pubmed publisher..The application of this fusogenic peptide will lead to improved strategies for transfection and successful gene therapy. ..
- Suzuki T, Elias B, Seth A, Shen L, Turner J, Giorgianni F, et al. PKC eta regulates occludin phosphorylation and epithelial tight junction integrity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:61-6 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important mechanism of epithelial TJ regulation by PKC eta. ..
- Penmatsa H, Zhang W, Yarlagadda S, Li C, Conoley V, Yue J, et al. Compartmentalized cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate at the plasma membrane clusters PDE3A and cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator into microdomains. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1097-110 pubmed publisher..Our data show that PDE3A inhibition augments CFTR-dependent submucosal gland secretion and actin skeleton disruption decreases secretion. ..
- Kim Y, Wielgosz M, Hargrove P, Kepes S, Gray J, Persons D, et al. Transduction of human primitive repopulating hematopoietic cells with lentiviral vectors pseudotyped with various envelope proteins. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1310-7 pubmed publisher..These results support the use of the VSV-G envelope protein for the development of lentiviral producer cell lines for manufacture of clinical-grade vector. ..
- Han X, Chesney R. Stress-responsive gene TauT and acute kidney injury. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17 Suppl 1:S28 pubmed publisher..Expression of TauT is negatively regulated by p53 and positively regulated by c-Jun, which is mediated by the JNK signaling pathway. The outcome level of TauT may determine the fate of renal cells during stress-induced AKI. ..
- Govorkova E, Marathe B, Prevost A, Rehg J, Webster R. Assessment of the efficacy of the neuraminidase inhibitor oseltamivir against 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in ferrets. Antiviral Res. 2011;91:81-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, oseltamivir treatment decreases the signs of infection and reduced the spread of H1N1pdm influenza virus in the lungs of ferrets and therefore impeded the development of viral pneumonia...
- Ilyushina N, Bovin N, Webster R. Decreased neuraminidase activity is important for the adaptation of H5N1 influenza virus to human airway epithelium. J Virol. 2012;86:4724-33 pubmed publisher..This ability of decreased NA activity to promote H5N1 infection underlines the necessity to optimize management strategies for a plausible H5N1 pandemic. ..
- Kim Y, Park J, Kwon K, Hong C, Yi A. Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 2- and protein kinase D1-dependent regulation of IRAK-monocyte expression by CpG DNA. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43970 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that IRAK2 plays a key role in the TLR9-mediated transcriptional regulation of Irak-m expression by sustaining activation of PKD1 and NF-?B. ..
- Paralkar V, Taborda C, Huang P, Yao Y, Kossenkov A, Prasad R, et al. Unlinking an lncRNA from Its Associated cis Element. Mol Cell. 2016;62:104-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the Lockd gene positively regulates Cdkn1b transcription through an enhancer-like cis element, whereas the lncRNA itself is dispensable, which may be the case for other lncRNAs. ..
- Askew D, Bartholomew C, Buchberg A, Valentine M, Jenkins N, Copeland N, et al. His-1 and His-2: identification and chromosomal mapping of two commonly rearranged sites of viral integration in a myeloid leukemia. Oncogene. 1991;6:2041-7 pubmed..The His-1 locus maps to mouse chromosome 2 distinct from any known oncogene or common site of integration but near the proximal breakpoint for a deletion that is observed in over 90% of radiation-induced leukemias. ..
- Xiang J, Lahti J, Grenet J, Easton J, Kidd V. Molecular cloning and expression of alternatively spliced PITSLRE protein kinase isoforms. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15786-94 pubmed
- Kobasa D, Rodgers M, Wells K, Kawaoka Y. Neuraminidase hemadsorption activity, conserved in avian influenza A viruses, does not influence viral replication in ducks. J Virol. 1997;71:6706-13 pubmed..Although conservation of NA hemadsorption activity among avian virus NAs suggests the maintenance of a required function of NA, loss of the activity does not preclude the replication of the virus in an avian host. ..
- Li R, Zhang B, Zheng Y. Structural determinants required for the interaction between Rho GTPase and the GTPase-activating domain of p190. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32830-5 pubmed
- Pisarchik A, Slominski A. Alternative splicing of CRH-R1 receptors in human and mouse skin: identification of new variants and their differential expression. FASEB J. 2001;15:2754-6 pubmed..We suggest that a polymorphism of CRH-R1 expression is related to anatomic location, skin physiological or pathologic status, specific cell type, and external stress (UV), and that cAMP-dependent pathways and TPA may regulate CRH-R1. ..
- Kizhatil K, Gromley A, Albritton L. Two point mutations produce infectious retrovirus bearing a green fluorescent protein-SU fusion protein. J Virol. 2001;75:11881-5 pubmed
- Ray R, McCormack S, Covington C, Viar M, Zheng Y, Johnson L. The requirement for polyamines for intestinal epithelial cell migration is mediated through Rac1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13039-46 pubmed..These data imply that the involvement of polyamines in cell migration occurs either at Rac1 itself or upstream from Rac1. ..
- Durgam G, Virag T, Walker M, Tsukahara R, Yasuda S, Liliom K, et al. Synthesis, structure-activity relationships, and biological evaluation of fatty alcohol phosphates as lysophosphatidic acid receptor ligands, activators of PPARgamma, and inhibitors of autotaxin. J Med Chem. 2005;48:4919-30 pubmed..The pan-agonist oleoyl-thiophosphate (15g) and pan-antagonist tetradecyl-phosphonate (16c) mimicked LPA in inhibiting autotaxin, a secreted lysophospholipase D that produces LPA in biological fluids. ..
- Vaidya R, Ray R, Johnson L. Akt-mediated GSK-3beta inhibition prevents migration of polyamine-depleted intestinal epithelial cells via Rac1. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:2871-9 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that sustained activation of Akt in response to polyamine depletion inhibits migration through GSK-3beta and Rac1. ..
- Laurie N, Mohan A, McEvoy J, Reed D, Zhang J, Schweers B, et al. Changes in retinoblastoma cell adhesion associated with optic nerve invasion. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6268-82 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, our studies are in agreement with genetic studies on human retinoblastomas, suggesting that changes in this pathway are involved in tumor progression. ..
- Srinivasan R, Geng X, Yang Y, Wang Y, Mukatira S, Studer M, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor Coup-TFII is required for the initiation and early maintenance of Prox1 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:696-707 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the direct interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and Prox1 is also necessary for the maintenance of Prox1 expression during early stages of LEC specification and differentiation. ..
- Elias B, Bhattacharya S, Ray R, Johnson L. Polyamine-dependent activation of Rac1 is stimulated by focal adhesion-mediated Tiam1 activation. Cell Adh Migr. 2010;4:419-30 pubmed
- Elmeliegy M, Carcaboso A, Tagen M, Bai F, Stewart C. Role of ATP-binding cassette and solute carrier transporters in erlotinib CNS penetration and intracellular accumulation. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:89-99 pubmed publisher..Erlotinib and OSI-420 are substrates for SLC22A family members OAT3 and OCT2. Our findings provide a mechanistic basis for erlotinib CNS penetration, cellular uptake, and efflux mechanisms. ..
- Yao Y, Lu S, Huang Y, Beeman Black C, Lu R, Pan X, et al. Regulation of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein by apolipoprotein A-IV in newborn swine intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G357-63 pubmed publisher..Thus MTTP is regulated by apo A-IV in a manner to promote increased packaging of TG into the CM core, which may be important in neonatal fat absorption...
- Burke C, Mason J, Surman S, Jones B, Dalloneau E, Hurwitz J, et al. Illumination of parainfluenza virus infection and transmission in living animals reveals a tissue-specific dichotomy. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002134 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results reveal a dichotomy between PIV infection in the URT and trachea versus the lungs and define a new model for studies of pathogenesis, development of live virus vaccines, and testing of antiviral therapies...
- Bari R, Guo Q, Xia B, Zhang Y, Giesert E, Levy S, et al. Tetraspanins regulate the protrusive activities of cell membrane. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:619-26 pubmed publisher..The differential effects of tetraspanins on microvilli likely lead to the functional diversification of tetraspanins and appear to correlate with their functional propensity. ..
- Ray R, Viar M, Johnson L. Amino acids regulate expression of antizyme-1 to modulate ornithine decarboxylase activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3674-90 pubmed publisher..In the absence of amino acids, mTORC1 is inhibited, whereas mTORC2 is activated, leading to the inhibition of global protein synthesis and increased AZ1 synthesis via a cap-independent mechanism. ..
- Lancaster C, Bruun G, Peer C, Mikkelsen T, Corydon T, Gibson A, et al. OATP1B1 polymorphism as a determinant of erythromycin disposition. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2012;92:642-50 pubmed publisher..0072). These results suggest that impairment of OATP1B1 function can alter erythromycin metabolism, independent of changes in CYP3A4 activity. ..
- Hasty K, Pourmotabbed T, Goldberg G, Thompson J, Spinella D, Stevens R, et al. Human neutrophil collagenase. A distinct gene product with homology to other matrix metalloproteinases. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:11421-4 pubmed..Thus, definitive evidence based on the cDNA sequence confirms the neutrophil collagenase is a distinct gene product and a member of the family of matrix metalloproteinases. ..
- Domanski P, Yan H, Witte M, Krolewski J, Colamonici O. Homodimerization and intermolecular tyrosine phosphorylation of the Tyk-2 tyrosine kinase. FEBS Lett. 1995;374:317-22 pubmed..The formation of the Tyk-2 homodimer is independent of both tyrosine phosphorylation and the presence of the tyrosine kinase domain. ..
- Kato J, Matsuoka M, Strom D, Sherr C. Regulation of cyclin D-dependent kinase 4 (cdk4) by cdk4-activating kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2713-21 pubmed
- Shimoda K, van Deursen J, Sangster M, Sarawar S, Carson R, Tripp R, et al. Lack of IL-4-induced Th2 response and IgE class switching in mice with disrupted Stat6 gene. Nature. 1996;380:630-3 pubmed..In contrast, IL-4-mediated proliferation was only partly affected. ..
- Knoop L, Baker S. EWS/FLI alters 5'-splice site selection. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22317-22 pubmed..Mutational analysis of EWS/FLI revealed that the ability to affect pre-mRNA splicing coincided with transforming activity. Therefore, EWS/FLI has the ability to influence splicing as well as transcription. ..
- Dang J, Inukai T, Kurosawa H, Goi K, Inaba T, Lenny N, et al. The E2A-HLF oncoprotein activates Groucho-related genes and suppresses Runx1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5935-45 pubmed..Our results identify a highly conserved family of transcriptional corepressors that are activated by E2A-HLF, and they suggest that downregulation of RUNX1 may contribute to E2A-HLF-mediated leukemogenesis. ..
- Zhao B, Dalbies Tran R, Jiang H, Ruf I, Sample J, Wang F, et al. Transcriptional regulatory properties of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 3C are conserved in simian lymphocryptoviruses. J Virol. 2003;77:5639-48 pubmed..The conservation of these functional motifs despite poor overall homology among the LCV 3C proteins strongly suggests that the interactions of EBNA-3C with J kappa and Spi do indeed play significant roles in the life cycle of EBV...
- Slominski A, Zbytek B, Pisarchik A, Slominski R, Zmijewski M, Wortsman J. CRH functions as a growth factor/cytokine in the skin. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:780-91 pubmed..In conclusion, CRH and related peptides can couple CRH-R1 to any of diverse signal transduction pathways; they also regulate cell viability and proliferation in cell type and growth condition-dependent manners. ..
- Lothstein L, Savranskaya L, Barrett C, Israel M, Sweatman T. N-benzyladriamycin-14-valerate (AD 198) activates protein kinase C-delta holoenzyme to trigger mitochondrial depolarization and cytochrome c release independently of permeability transition pore opening and Ca2+ influx. Anticancer Drugs. 2006;17:495-502 pubmed..PTPC-independent mitochondrial activation by AD 198 is consistent with the inability of Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL expression to block AD 198-induced apoptosis...
- Leng S, Lu S, Yao Y, Kan Z, Morris G, Stair B, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 mediates apolipoprotein A-IV transcriptional regulation by fatty acid in newborn swine enterocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G475-83 pubmed
- Pottier N, Cheok M, Yang W, Assem M, Tracey L, Obenauer J, et al. Expression of SMARCB1 modulates steroid sensitivity in human lymphoblastoid cells: identification of a promoter SNP that alters PARP1 binding and SMARCB1 expression. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2261-71 pubmed..In summary, we provide functional evidence that SMARCB1 is involved in prednisolone resistance and identified a promoter SNP that alters the level of SMARCB1 mRNA and protein expression and the binding of PARP1 to the SMARCB1 promoter. ..
- Wang Q, Elghazi L, Martin S, Martins I, Srinivasan R, Geng X, et al. Ghrelin is a novel target of Pax4 in endocrine progenitors of the pancreas and duodenum. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:51-61 pubmed..Together, our data further support the notion that Pax4 activity is necessary to establish appropriate patterns of gene expression in endocrine progenitors of the digestive tract. ..
- Yin Z, Tong Y, Zhu H, Watsky M. ClC-3 is required for LPA-activated Cl- current activity and fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C535-42 pubmed..These data confirm that ClC-3 is important in VRAC function and cell volume regulation, is associated with the I(Cl,LPA) current activity, and participates in the fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transition. ..
- Yang C, Murti A, Pfeffer S, Fan M, Du Z, Pfeffer L. The role of TRAF2 binding to the type I interferon receptor in alternative NF kappaB activation and antiviral response. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14309-16 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an important insight into the molecular mechanisms by which IFN generates signals to induce its biological effects. ..
- Yang N, Mahato R. GFAP promoter-driven RNA interference on TGF-?1 to treat liver fibrosis. Pharm Res. 2011;28:752-61 pubmed publisher..GFAP promoter driven TGF-?1 pri-miRNA producing plasmids have the potential to be used for site-specific gene therapeutics to treat liver fibrosis. ..
- Yin Z, Pintea V, Lin Y, Hammock B, Watsky M. Vitamin D enhances corneal epithelial barrier function. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:7359-64 pubmed publisher..We conclude that corneas contain mRNA for VDR and 1Î±-hydroxylase as well as significant vitamin D concentrations. 25(OH)D(3) and its active metabolite 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), both enhance corneal epithelial barrier function. ..
- Taherbhoy A, Tait S, Kaiser S, Williams A, Deng A, Nourse A, et al. Atg8 transfer from Atg7 to Atg3: a distinctive E1-E2 architecture and mechanism in the autophagy pathway. Mol Cell. 2011;44:451-61 pubmed publisher..The studies reveal a distinctive E1~UBL-E2 architecture for enzymes mediating autophagy. ..
- Shrestha S, Somji S, Sens D, Slusser Nore A, PATEL D, Savage E, et al. Human renal tubular cells contain CD24/CD133 progenitor cell populations: Implications for tubular regeneration after toxicant induced damage using cadmium as a model. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;331:116-129 pubmed publisher..Thus, the RPTEC/TERT1 cells are similar to HPT cells and can serve as a good model system to study mechanisms involved in toxicant induced renal damage. ..
- Matsushime H, Roussel M, Matsushima K, Hishinuma A, Sherr C. Cloning and expression of murine interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in macrophages stimulated by colony-stimulating factor 1. Blood. 1991;78:616-23 pubmed
- Garcia J, Alfano J, Miller A. The negative effect of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef on cell surface CD4 expression is not species specific and requires the cytoplasmic domain of CD4. J Virol. 1993;67:1511-6 pubmed..These results show that the observed downregulation of CD4 by Nef is independent of human-specific factors, is not species specific, and requires the cytoplasmic domain of CD4. ..
- Schuetz E, Schinkel A, Relling M, Schuetz J. P-glycoprotein: a major determinant of rifampicin-inducible expression of cytochrome P4503A in mice and humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:4001-5 pubmed..We conclude that Pgp-mediated transport is a critical element influencing the CYP3A inductive response. ..
- Mo Y, Reynolds A. Identification of murine p120 isoforms and heterogeneous expression of p120cas isoforms in human tumor cell lines. Cancer Res. 1996;56:2633-40 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that unbalanced expression of CAS isoforms in human carcinomas may influence cadherin function and contribute to malignant or metastatic cell phenotypes. ..
- Thierfelder W, van Deursen J, Yamamoto K, Tripp R, Sarawar S, Carson R, et al. Requirement for Stat4 in interleukin-12-mediated responses of natural killer and T cells. Nature. 1996;382:171-4 pubmed..However, all IL-12 functions tested were disrupted, including the induction of IFN-gamma, mitogenesis, enhancement of natural killer cytolytic function and Th1 differentiation. ..
- Stigger E, Drissi R, Lee S. Functional analysis of human replication protein A in nucleotide excision repair. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9337-43 pubmed
- Gangi Peterson L, Peterson S, Shapiro L, Golding A, Caricchio R, Cohen D, et al. bca: an activation-related B-cell gene. Mol Immunol. 1998;35:55-63 pubmed..The unique sequence of bca, which bears no obvious similarity to any specific class of proteins containing SH2 and SH3 domains, suggests that this gene encodes a novel protein potentially involved in B-cell signal transduction. ..
- Srinivas R, Middlemas D, Flynn P, Fridland A. Human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitors serve as substrates for multidrug transporter proteins MDR1 and MRP1 but retain antiviral efficacy in cell lines expressing these transporters. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1998;42:3157-62 pubmed..Therefore, overexpression of MDR1 or MRP1 by T lymphocytes is not likely to limit the antiviral efficacy of HIV PI therapy...
- Nakajima H, Brindle P, Handa M, Ihle J. Functional interaction of STAT5 and nuclear receptor co-repressor SMRT: implications in negative regulation of STAT5-dependent transcription. EMBO J. 2001;20:6836-44 pubmed..Together, these findings illuminate the potential role of SMRT in down-regulating STAT5 activity, with a consequent reduction of STAT5 target gene expression. ..
- Han X, Chesney R. Regulation of taurine transporter gene (TauT) by WT1. FEBS Lett. 2003;540:71-6 pubmed..Mutation of this WT1 consensus sequence abolished binding of WT1. These results demonstrate that TauT may represent a downstream target gene of WT1 during renal development. ..
- Zweigner J, Jackowski S, Smith S, van der Merwe M, Weber J, Tuomanen E. Bacterial inhibition of phosphatidylcholine synthesis triggers apoptosis in the brain. J Exp Med. 2004;200:99-106 pubmed..We conclude that bacterial inhibition of PtdCho biosynthesis activates an apoptotic cascade that is a causative event in pathogenesis and amenable to therapeutic intervention. ..
- Szymczak A, Vignali D. Plasticity and rigidity in adaptor protein-2-mediated internalization of the TCR:CD3 complex. J Immunol. 2005;174:4153-60 pubmed..These contrasting requirements suggest a general principle by which AP-2 may mediate the internalization of large, multichain complexes. ..
- Baker S, Verweij J, Cusatis G, van Schaik R, Marsh S, Orwick S, et al. Pharmacogenetic pathway analysis of docetaxel elimination. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;85:155-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, future studies should first stratify the population on the basis of CYP3A5 genotype and then compare CYP3A activity between individuals with and without the CYP3A4*1B allele. ..
- Han X, Yue J, Chesney R. Functional TauT protects against acute kidney injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1323-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that functional TauT plays a critical role in protecting against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity, possibly by attenuating a p53-dependent pathway. ..
- Anand P, Tait S, Lamkanfi M, Amer A, Nunez G, Pages G, et al. TLR2 and RIP2 pathways mediate autophagy of Listeria monocytogenes via extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42981-91 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes...
- Baughman B, Jake Slavish P, DuBois R, Boyd V, White S, Webb T. Identification of influenza endonuclease inhibitors using a novel fluorescence polarization assay. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:526-34 pubmed publisher..These results serve as a sound foundation for the development of new therapeutic leads targeting influenza endonuclease. ..
- Mu Q, Su G, Li L, Gilbertson B, Yu L, Zhang Q, et al. Size-dependent cell uptake of protein-coated graphene oxide nanosheets. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2012;4:2259-66 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate biomedical and toxicologic studies of graphenes and provide fundamental understanding of interactions at the interface of two-dimensional nanostructures and biological systems. ..
- Majumdar G, Adris P, Bhargava N, Chen H, Raghow R. Pan-histone deacetylase inhibitors regulate signaling pathways involved in proliferative and pro-inflammatory mechanisms in H9c2 cells. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:709 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our understanding of the mechanisms of actions of HDACIs on cardiac myocytes and reveal potential signaling pathways that may be targeted therapeutically. ..
- Yasuda K, Cline C, Vogel P, Onciu M, Fatima S, Sorrentino B, et al. Drug transporters on arachnoid barrier cells contribute to the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier. Drug Metab Dispos. 2013;41:923-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, like blood-brain barrier cells and choroid plexus cells, AB cells highly express drug transport proteins and likely contribute to the blood-CSF drug permeation barrier...
- Nooh M, Naren A, Kim S, Xiang Y, Bahouth S. SAP97 controls the trafficking and resensitization of the beta-1-adrenergic receptor through its PDZ2 and I3 domains. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63379 pubmed publisher..These data establish a prominent role for PDZ2 and I3 domains of SAP97 in organizing the ß1-adrenergic receptosome involved in connecting the ß1-AR to trafficking and signaling networks. ..
- Cheepala S, Bao J, Nachagari D, Sun D, Wang Y, Zhong T, et al. Crucial role for phylogenetically conserved cytoplasmic loop 3 in ABCC4 protein expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22207-18 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our studies provide the first evidence for a conserved domain in CL3 of ABCC4 that is crucial in ensuring its proper plasma membrane localization. ..
- D ARCANGELO G, Homayouni R, Keshvara L, Rice D, Sheldon M, Curran T. Reelin is a ligand for lipoprotein receptors. Neuron. 1999;24:471-9 pubmed..In dissociated neurons, apoE reduces the level of Reelin-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1. These data suggest that Reelin directs neuronal migration by binding to VLDLR and ApoER2. ..
- Cheranov S, Wang D, Kundumani Sridharan V, Karpurapu M, Zhang Q, Chava K, et al. The 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced angiogenesis requires Janus kinase 2-signal transducer and activator of transcription-5B-dependent expression of interleukin-8. Blood. 2009;113:6023-33 pubmed publisher..Mutational analysis showed that STAT binding site is essential for 15(S)-HETE-induced IL-8 promoter activity. Together, these observations suggest that 15(S)-HETE-induced angiogenesis requires Jak2-STAT-5B-dependent expression of IL-8. ..
- Talukder J, Griffin A, Jaima A, Boyd B, Wright J. Lactoferrin ameliorates prostaglandin E2-mediated inhibition of Na+ -glucose cotransport in enterocytes. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014;92:9-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that Lf ameliorates the PGE2 inhibition of SGLT1 most likely via the Ca(2+)- and cAMP-signaling pathways. ..
- Bram R, Crabtree G. Calcium signalling in T cells stimulated by a cyclophilin B-binding protein. Nature. 1994;371:355-8 pubmed..CAML appears to be a new participant in the calcium-signal transduction pathway, implicating cyclophilin B in calcium signalling, even in the absence of cyclosporin. ..
- Pfeffer L, Yang C, Pfeffer S, Murti A, McCormack S, Johnson L. Inhibition of ornithine decarboxylase induces STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation and DNA binding in IEC-6 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C331-5 pubmed..STAT3 activation upon inhibition of ODC was accompanied by the activation of a STAT3-dependent reporter construct. Moreover, prolonged polyamine depletion resulted in downregulation of cellular STAT3 levels...
- Yang D, Kastan M. Participation of ATM in insulin signalling through phosphorylation of eIF-4E-binding protein 1. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:893-8 pubmed..Through this mechanism, a lack of ATM activity probably contributes to some of the metabolic abnormalities, such as poor growth and insulin resistance, reported in ataxia telangiectasia cells and patients with ataxia telangiectasia. ..
- Wang D, Lorincz Z, Bautista D, Liliom K, Tigyi G, Parrill A. A single amino acid determines lysophospholipid specificity of the S1P1 (EDG1) and LPA1 (EDG2) phospholipid growth factor receptors. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:49213-20 pubmed..Thus, computational modeling of these receptors provided valid information necessary for understanding the molecular pharmacology of these receptors. ..
- Krishnamurthy S, Takimoto T, Scroggs R, Portner A. Differentially regulated interferon response determines the outcome of Newcastle disease virus infection in normal and tumor cell lines. J Virol. 2006;80:5145-55 pubmed..The rapid spread of NDV in HT-1080 cells appears to be caused by their deficient expression of anti-NDV proteins upon exposure to IFN-beta. ..
- Han X, Chesney R. Is TauT an anti-apoptotic gene?. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;583:59-67 pubmed
- Valentine W, Fujiwara Y, Tsukahara R, Tigyi G. Lysophospholipid signaling: beyond the EDGs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:597-605 pubmed..quot; Our observations raise caution about the lack of LPA responsiveness in these cells and underline the unprecedented complexity and redundancy of lysophospholipid-evoked cellular responses. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Ray R, Johnson L. Role of polyamines in p53-dependent apoptosis of intestinal epithelial cells. Cell Signal. 2009;21:509-22 pubmed publisher..In contrast, phosphorylation and stabilization of p53 in response to DNA-damage lead to apoptosis, which indicates different roles of p53 during DNA damage and polyamine depletion. ..
- Hurdle J, Yendapally R, Sun D, Lee R. Evaluation of analogs of reutericyclin as prospective candidates for treatment of staphylococcal skin infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:4028-31 pubmed publisher..aureus superficial skin infections in mice. These data exemplify the prospect of developing reutericyclins as new topical antibiotics. ..
- Boltz D, Douangngeun B, Phommachanh P, Sinthasak S, Mondry R, Obert C, et al. Emergence of H5N1 avian influenza viruses with reduced sensitivity to neuraminidase inhibitors and novel reassortants in Lao People's Democratic Republic. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:949-59 pubmed publisher..These changes may contribute to the emergence of a pandemic influenza strain and are critical in devising surveillance strategies...
- Famulski J, Trivedi N, Howell D, Yang Y, Tong Y, Gilbertson R, et al. Siah regulation of Pard3A controls neuronal cell adhesion during germinal zone exit. Science. 2010;330:1834-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a Siah-Pard3A signaling pathway that controls adhesion-dependent exit of neuronal progenitors or immature neurons from a germinal zone niche. ..
- Niu J, Shi Y, Iwai K, Wu Z. LUBAC regulates NF-?B activation upon genotoxic stress by promoting linear ubiquitination of NEMO. EMBO J. 2011;30:3741-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LUBAC-dependent NEMO linear ubiquitination is critical for genotoxic NF-?B activation and protects cells from DNA damage-induced apoptosis. ..
- El Kasmi K, Smith A, Williams L, Neale G, Panopoulos A, Panopolous A, et al. Cutting edge: A transcriptional repressor and corepressor induced by the STAT3-regulated anti-inflammatory signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2007;179:7215-9 pubmed..Collectively our data suggest that ETV3 and SBNO2 are components of the pathways that contribute to the downstream anti-inflammatory effects of IL-10. ..
- Ilyushina N, Seiler J, Rehg J, Webster R, Govorkova E. Effect of neuraminidase inhibitor-resistant mutations on pathogenicity of clade 2.2 A/Turkey/15/06 (H5N1) influenza virus in ferrets. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000933 pubmed publisher..There is a need for novel anti-influenza drugs that target different virus/host factors and can limit the emergence of resistance...
- Yamamoto K, Quelle F, Thierfelder W, Kreider B, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Stat4, a novel gamma interferon activation site-binding protein expressed in early myeloid differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4342-9 pubmed..Nor is Stat4 activated in myeloid cells by a number of cytokines, including erythropoietin, IL-3, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, stem cell factor, colon-stimulating factor 1, hepatocyte growth factor, IL-2, IL-4, and IL-6. ..
- Shapiro D, Sublett J, Li B, Downing J, Naeve C. Fusion of PAX3 to a member of the forkhead family of transcription factors in human alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Res. 1993;53:5108-12 pubmed
- Yi T, Mui A, Krystal G, Ihle J. Hematopoietic cell phosphatase associates with the interleukin-3 (IL-3) receptor beta chain and down-regulates IL-3-induced tyrosine phosphorylation and mitogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:7577-86 pubmed