Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Lin Z, Marepally S, Kim T, Janjetovic Z, Oak A, Postlethwaite A, et al. Design, Synthesis and Biological Activities of Novel Gemini 20S-Hydroxyvitamin D3 Analogs. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:877-86 pubmed..There are no clear correlations between the Gemini chain length and their VDR activation or biological activities, consistent with the high flexibility of the ligand-binding pocket of the VDR. ..
- Shen Y, Hendershot L. Identification of ERdj3 and OBF-1/BOB-1/OCA-B as direct targets of XBP-1 during plasma cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2007;179:2969-78 pubmed..In addition, our data further define the XBP-1(S)-binding sequence and provide yet another role for this protein as a master regulator of plasma cell differentiation. ..
- Zhang J, Ney P. NIX induces mitochondrial autophagy in reticulocytes. Autophagy. 2008;4:354-6 pubmed..Rather, NIX is required for the selective incorporation of mitochondria into autophagosomes. Elucidation of the mechanism of this effect will improve our understanding of the role of autophagy in the maintenance of cellular homeostasis...
- Seagroves T, Peacock D, Liao D, Schwab L, Krueger R, Handorf C, et al. VHL deletion impairs mammary alveologenesis but is not sufficient for mammary tumorigenesis. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2269-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that additional VHL-regulated genes besides HIF1A function to maintain the proliferative and regenerative potential of the breast epithelium...
- Tsukahara T, Tsukahara R, Fujiwara Y, Yue J, Cheng Y, Guo H, et al. Phospholipase D2-dependent inhibition of the nuclear hormone receptor PPARgamma by cyclic phosphatidic acid. Mol Cell. 2010;39:421-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CPA is a second messenger and a physiological inhibitor of PPARgamma, revealing that PPARgamma is regulated by endogenous agonists as well as by antagonists. ..
- Zhao T, Zhao W, Chen Y, Li V, Meng W, Sun Y. Platelet-derived growth factor-D promotes fibrogenesis of cardiac fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;304:H1719-26 pubmed publisher..TGF-?1 exerts positive feedback on PDGF-D synthesis. These findings suggest the potential therapeutic effect of PDGFR blockade on interstitial fibrosis in the infarcted heart. ..
- Yamamoto K, Quelle F, Thierfelder W, Kreider B, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Stat4, a novel gamma interferon activation site-binding protein expressed in early myeloid differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4342-9 pubmed..Nor is Stat4 activated in myeloid cells by a number of cytokines, including erythropoietin, IL-3, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, stem cell factor, colon-stimulating factor 1, hepatocyte growth factor, IL-2, IL-4, and IL-6. ..
- Marshall D, Olivas E, Andreansky S, La Gruta N, Neale G, Gutierrez A, et al. Effector CD8+ T cells recovered from an influenza pneumonia differentiate to a state of focused gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6074-9 pubmed
- Krishnamurthy P, Du G, Fukuda Y, Sun D, Sampath J, Mercer K, et al. Identification of a mammalian mitochondrial porphyrin transporter. Nature. 2006;443:586-9 pubmed..This process is blocked when the Abcb6 gene is silenced. Our results challenge previous assumptions about the intracellular movement of porphyrins and the factors controlling haem biosynthesis...
- Collison L, Chaturvedi V, Henderson A, Giacomin P, Guy C, Bankoti J, et al. IL-35-mediated induction of a potent regulatory T cell population. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:1093-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, iT(R)35 cells constitute a key mediator of infectious tolerance and contribute to T(reg) cell-mediated tumor progression. Furthermore, iT(R)35 cells generated ex vivo might have therapeutic utility. ..
- Sabri F, Cole J, Scarbrough M, Leventis N. Investigation of polyurea-crosslinked silica aerogels as a neuronal scaffold: a pilot study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33242 pubmed publisher..however, the interaction of neurons with aerogels remains to be investigated...
- Mahmud S, Manlove L, Schmitz H, Xing Y, Wang Y, Owen D, et al. Costimulation via the tumor-necrosis factor receptor superfamily couples TCR signal strength to the thymic differentiation of regulatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:473-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of members of the TNFRSF on Treg cell progenitors translated strong TCR signals into molecular parameters that specifically promoted the development of Treg cells and shaped the Treg cell repertoire. ..
- Arun Kumar R, Sivashanmugam A, Deepthi S, Bumgardner J, Nair S, Jayakumar R. Nano-fibrin stabilized CaSO4 crystals incorporated injectable chitin composite hydrogel for enhanced angiogenesis & osteogenesis. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;140:144-53 pubmed publisher..These in vitro results highlight the potential of injectable chitin-CaSO4-nFibrin gel for osteo-regeneration via enhanced angiogenesis. ..
- Ghosh M, Gorantla V, Makena P, Luellen C, Sinclair S, Schwingshackl A, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I stimulates differentiation of ATII cells to ATI-like cells through activation of Wnt5a. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L222-8 pubmed publisher..Treatment of wounded cells with either IGF-I or Wnt5a stimulated wound closure. These results suggest that IGF-I promotes differentiation of ATII to ATI cells through the activation of a noncanonical Wnt pathway. ..
- Borzillo G, Sherr C. Early pre-B-cell transformation induced by the v-fms oncogene in long-term mouse bone marrow cultures. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:3973-81 pubmed..The ability of v-fms to induce transformation of early pre-B cells in vitro underscores the capacity of oncogenic mutants of the colony-stimulating factor-1 receptor to function outside the mononuclear phagocyte lineage...
- Witte M, Scott R. The proliferation potential protein-related (P2P-R) gene with domains encoding heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein association and Rb1 binding shows repressed expression during terminal differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1212-7 pubmed..These results establish that the P2P-R cDNA encodes protein domains involved in both hnRNP association and Rb1 binding and complement recent reports that localize Rb1 to sites of RNA processing in the nucleus. ..
- Kasow K, Chen X, Knowles J, Wichlan D, Handgretinger R, Riberdy J. Human CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells share equally complex and comparable repertoires with CD4+CD25- counterparts. J Immunol. 2004;172:6123-8 pubmed..However, reduced levels of TCR on regulatory T cells suggest different requirements for activation and may contribute to how the immune system regulates whether a particular response is suppressed or augmented. ..
- Srinivasan R, Geng X, Yang Y, Wang Y, Mukatira S, Studer M, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor Coup-TFII is required for the initiation and early maintenance of Prox1 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:696-707 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the direct interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and Prox1 is also necessary for the maintenance of Prox1 expression during early stages of LEC specification and differentiation. ..
- Conley M, Dobbs A, Quintana A, Bosompem A, Wang Y, Coustan Smith E, et al. Agammaglobulinemia and absent B lineage cells in a patient lacking the p85? subunit of PI3K. J Exp Med. 2012;209:463-70 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the absence of p85? in the patient results in an early and severe defect in B cell development but minimal findings in other organ systems. ..
- Redecke V, Wu R, Zhou J, Finkelstein D, Chaturvedi V, High A, et al. Hematopoietic progenitor cell lines with myeloid and lymphoid potential. Nat Methods. 2013;10:795-803 pubmed publisher..The simplicity of this system and the unlimited proliferative capacity of Hoxb8-FL cells will enable studies of immune-cell differentiation and function. ..
- Wen R, Wang D, McKay C, Bunting K, Marine J, Vanin E, et al. Jak3 selectively regulates Bax and Bcl-2 expression to promote T-cell development. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:678-89 pubmed
- Martins R, Zindy F, Donovan S, Zhang J, Pounds S, Wey A, et al. N-myc coordinates retinal growth with eye size during mouse development. Genes Dev. 2008;22:179-93 pubmed publisher..We propose that N-myc lies upstream of the cell cycle machinery in the developing mouse retina and thus coordinates the growth of both the retina and eye through extrinsic cues. ..
- Liu Z, Walters B, Owen T, Brimble M, Steigelman K, Zhang L, et al. Regulation of p27Kip1 by Sox2 maintains quiescence of inner pillar cells in the murine auditory sensory epithelium. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10530-40 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that manipulating Sox2 or p27(Kip1) expression is an effective approach to inducing proliferation of neonatal auditory IPCs, an initial but necessary step toward restoring hearing in mammals. ..
- Self M, Lagutin O, Bowling B, Hendrix J, Cai Y, Dressler G, et al. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J. 2006;25:5214-28 pubmed..We propose that in the developing kidney, Six2 activity is required for maintaining the mesenchymal progenitor population in an undifferentiated state by opposing the inductive signals emanating from the ureteric bud...
- Fagone P, Sriburi R, Ward Chapman C, Frank M, Wang J, Gunter C, et al. Phospholipid biosynthesis program underlying membrane expansion during B-lymphocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7591-605 pubmed..This work defines a genetic and biochemical program for membrane phospholipid biogenesis that correlates with an increase in the phospholipid components of the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments in LPS-stimulated B-cells. ..
- Marshall A, van der Ent M, Grosveld G. PAX3-FOXO1 and FGFR4 in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:807-15 pubmed publisher..We sequenced the FGFR4 mRNA from five ARMS cell lines and identified no somatic mutations, nor any association with any human single nucleotide polymorphism within the FGFR4 coding region. ..
- Zhu G, Chow L, Bayazitov I, Tong Y, Gilbertson R, Zakharenko S, et al. Pten deletion causes mTorc1-dependent ectopic neuroblast differentiation without causing uniform migration defects. Development. 2012;139:3422-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, migration defects of Pten-null neurons might be secondary to ectopic differentiation. ..
- Huang G, Wang Y, Chi H. Control of T cell fates and immune tolerance by p38? signaling in mucosal CD103+ dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:650-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a key mechanism of DC-mediated coupling of T cell differentiation and trafficking that orchestrates mucosal immune tolerance. ..
- Carpino N, Turner S, Mekala D, Takahashi Y, Zang H, Geiger T, et al. Regulation of ZAP-70 activation and TCR signaling by two related proteins, Sts-1 and Sts-2. Immunity. 2004;20:37-46 pubmed..Therefore, Sts-1 and Sts-2 are critical regulators of the signaling pathways that regulate T cell activation. ..
- Zhang J, Randall M, Loyd M, Dorsey F, Kundu M, Cleveland J, et al. Mitochondrial clearance is regulated by Atg7-dependent and -independent mechanisms during reticulocyte maturation. Blood. 2009;114:157-64 pubmed publisher..This suggests that mitochondrial depolarization is a consequence rather than a cause of autophagosome formation in reticulocytes. ..
- Morishita K, Parganas E, Matsugi T, Ihle J. Expression of the Evi-1 zinc finger gene in 32Dc13 myeloid cells blocks granulocytic differentiation in response to granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:183-9 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the inappropriate expression of the Evi-1 gene in myeloid cells interferes with the ability of the cells to terminally differentiate. ..
- Valentine W, Fells J, Perygin D, Mujahid S, Yokoyama K, Fujiwara Y, et al. Subtype-specific residues involved in ligand activation of the endothelial differentiation gene family lysophosphatidic acid receptors. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12175-87 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly micromolar concentrations of S1P activated the wild type LPA(2) and LPA(3) receptors, indicating that S1P may function as a weak agonist of endothelial differentiation gene family LPA receptors. ..
- Janjetovic Z, Tuckey R, Nguyen M, Thorpe E, Slominski A. 20,23-dihydroxyvitamin D3, novel P450scc product, stimulates differentiation and inhibits proliferation and NF-kappaB activity in human keratinocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:36-48 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have characterized 20,23(OH)2D3 as a novel secosteroidal regulator of keratinocytes proliferation and differentiation and a modifier of their immune activity. ..
- Reiner A, Del Mar N, Meade C, Yang H, Dragatsis I, Zeitlin S, et al. Neurons lacking huntingtin differentially colonize brain and survive in chimeric mice. J Neurosci. 2001;21:7608-19 pubmed..Nonetheless, the lengthy survival of Hdh (-/-) cells in adult chimeric mice indicates that individual neurons in many brain regions do not require huntingtin to participate in normal brain development and to survive. ..
- Tian Y, Zhou R, Rehg J, Jackowski S. Role of phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase alpha in lung development. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:975-82 pubmed
- McEvoy J, Flores Otero J, Zhang J, Nemeth K, Brennan R, Bradley C, et al. Coexpression of normally incompatible developmental pathways in retinoblastoma genesis. Cancer Cell. 2011;20:260-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neurotransmitter receptors, transporters, and biosynthetic enzymes are expressed in human retinoblastoma, and targeted disruption of these pathways reduces retinoblastoma growth in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Conley M, Rohrer J, Rapalus L, Boylin E, Minegishi Y. Defects in early B-cell development: comparing the consequences of abnormalities in pre-BCR signaling in the human and the mouse. Immunol Rev. 2000;178:75-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that requirements for signaling through the pre-BCR are more stringent in the human compared to the mouse. Possible explanations for this observation are discussed. ..
- Ajioka I, Dyer M. A new model of tumor susceptibility following tumor suppressor gene inactivation. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:735-40 pubmed..In this perspective, we discuss our recent findings that have changed our views on tumor initiation and progression following Rb family inactivation. ..
- Zhuang D, Pu Q, Ceacareanu B, Chang Y, Dixit M, Hassid A. Chronic insulin treatment amplifies PDGF-induced motility in differentiated aortic smooth muscle cells by suppressing the expression and function of PTP1B. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H163-73 pubmed publisher..These observations uncover novel mechanisms that explain how insulin amplifies the motogenic capacity of the pivotal growth factor PDGF. ..
- Zhuang D, Balani P, Pu Q, Thakran S, Hassid A. Suppression of PKG by PDGF or nitric oxide in differentiated aortic smooth muscle cells: obligatory role of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H57-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the upregulation of PTP1B by PDGF or NO is both necessary and sufficient to induce the downregulation of PKG via an effect on PKG mRNA levels. ..
- Joo J, Dorsey F, Joshi A, Hennessy Walters K, Rose K, McCastlain K, et al. Hsp90-Cdc37 chaperone complex regulates Ulk1- and Atg13-mediated mitophagy. Mol Cell. 2011;43:572-85 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a direct pathway that integrates Ulk1- and Atg13-directed mitophagy with the stress response coordinated by Hsp90 and Cdc37. ..
- Sexl V, Piekorz R, Moriggl R, Rohrer J, Brown M, Bunting K, et al. Stat5a/b contribute to interleukin 7-induced B-cell precursor expansion, but abl- and bcr/abl-induced transformation are independent of stat5. Blood. 2000;96:2277-83 pubmed..We demonstrate that the absence of Stat5a/b is not essential for the induction of lymphoid or myeloid tumors in vivo or on the ability to transform bone marrow cells in vitro. ..
- Rice D, Northcutt G, Kurschner C. The Lnx family proteins function as molecular scaffolds for Numb family proteins. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:525-40 pubmed..Therefore, our findings suggest that Lnx proteins may serve as molecular scaffolds that localize unrelated, interacting proteins, such as Numb, to specific subcellular sites. ..
- Lagutina I, Conway S, Sublett J, Grosveld G. Pax3-FKHR knock-in mice show developmental aberrations but do not develop tumors. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7204-16 pubmed..We conclude that the Pax3-FKHR allele causes lethal developmental defects in knock-in mice but might be insufficient to cause muscle tumors...
- Sosa Pineda B. The gene Pax4 is an essential regulator of pancreatic beta-cell development. Mol Cells. 2004;18:289-94 pubmed..Here, I will try to summarize the results of different efforts aimed at understanding how Pax4 is required for both, beta cell development and beta cell function. ..
- Parmentier J, Zhang C, Estes A, Schaefer S, Malik K. Essential role of PKC-zeta in normal and angiotensin II-accelerated neointimal growth after vascular injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1602-13 pubmed
- Kimura H, Ng J, Curran T. Transient inhibition of the Hedgehog pathway in young mice causes permanent defects in bone structure. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:249-60 pubmed publisher..After drug removal, osteoblasts invaded the cartilage plate, mineralization occurred, and there was premature fusion of the growth plate resulting in permanent disruption of bone epiphyses. ..
- Campos Y, Qiu X, Zanoteli E, Moshiach S, Vergani N, Bongiovanni A, et al. Ozz-E3 ubiquitin ligase targets sarcomeric embryonic myosin heavy chain during muscle development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9866 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Ozz-E3 as the ubiquitin ligase complex that interacts with and regulates myosin within its fully assembled cytoskeletal structure. ..
- Liu Z, Owen T, Zhang L, Zuo J. Dynamic expression pattern of Sonic hedgehog in developing cochlear spiral ganglion neurons. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1674-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this Shh(CreEGFP/+) mouse is a useful Cre line in which to delete floxed genes specifically in spiral ganglion neurons of the developing cochlea. ..
- Tripp R, Sarawar S, Doherty P. Characteristics of the influenza virus-specific CD8+ T cell response in mice homozygous for disruption of the H-2lAb gene. J Immunol. 1995;155:2955-9 pubmed..Analysis of cytokine profiles during the acute response showed a substantial defect in the (-/-) mice, indicating that cytokine production is largely dependent on the influenza-specific CD4+ set. ..
- Cai Z, de Bruijn M, Ma X, Dortland B, Luteijn T, Downing R, et al. Haploinsufficiency of AML1 affects the temporal and spatial generation of hematopoietic stem cells in the mouse embryo. Immunity. 2000;13:423-31 pubmed..Moreover, haploinsufficiency results in a dramatic change in the temporal and spatial distribution of HSCs, leading to their early appearance in the normal position in the aorta-gonad-mesonephros region and also in the yolk sac...
- Torchia E, Jaishankar S, Baker S. Ewing tumor fusion proteins block the differentiation of pluripotent marrow stromal cells. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3464-8 pubmed..Inhibition of differentiation may be an important function of EWS/ETS proteins in the genesis of Ewing tumors. ..
- Conley M. Genes required for B cell development. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1636-8 pubmed..It will be interesting to determine whether the protein encoded by this gene interacts with the pre-B cell receptor signal transduction pathway or is involved in a new pathway. ..
- Yin Z, Watsky M. Chloride channel activity in human lung fibroblasts and myofibroblasts. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L1110-6 pubmed..This Cl- channel activity appears to play a critical role in the differentiation of human lung fibroblasts to myofibroblasts. ..
- Fukuyama T, Kasper L, Boussouar F, Jeevan T, van Deursen J, Brindle P. Histone acetyltransferase CBP is vital to demarcate conventional and innate CD8+ T-cell development. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3894-904 pubmed publisher..CBP therefore defines a nuclear component of the signaling pathways that demarcate the development of innate and adaptive naïve CD8(+) T cells in the thymus. ..
- ..Their data suggest that SYK inhibition may be an effective therapy for a significant proportion of AMLs. ..
- Lavado A, Lagutin O, Chow L, Baker S, Oliver G. Prox1 is required for granule cell maturation and intermediate progenitor maintenance during brain neurogenesis. PLoS Biol. 2010;8: pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the ectopic expression of Prox1 induces premature differentiation of neural stem cells. ..
- Wang R, Green D. Metabolic checkpoints in activated T cells. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:907-15 pubmed publisher..Here we define 'metabolic checkpoints' that represent such interconnections and provide examples of how these checkpoints sense metabolic status and transduce signals to affect T lymphocyte responses. ..
- Liu G, Cimmino L, Jude J, Hu Y, Witkowski M, McKenzie M, et al. Pax5 loss imposes a reversible differentiation block in B-progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1337-50 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a causal relationship between the hallmark genetic and phenotypic features of B-ALL and suggest that engaging the latent differentiation potential of B-ALL cells may provide new therapeutic entry points. ..
- Carpenter A, Becknell M, Ching C, Cuaresma E, Chen X, Hains D, et al. Uroplakin 1b is critical in urinary tract development and urothelial differentiation and homeostasis. Kidney Int. 2016;89:612-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Upk1b plays a previously unknown role in early kidney development representing a novel genetic target for congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract. ..
- Wang H, Scott R. Adipocyte differentiation selectively represses the serum inducibility of c-jun and junB by reversible transcription-dependent mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:4649-53 pubmed..These data suggest that adipocyte differentiation selectively and transcriptionally represses the inducibility of c-jun and junB so as to decrease the cell's ability to proliferate in response to 10% fetal bovine serum. ..
- Kandilci A, Grosveld G. SET-induced calcium signaling and MAPK/ERK pathway activation mediate dendritic cell-like differentiation of U937 cells. Leukemia. 2005;19:1439-45 pubmed..These results suggest that SET is part of both IFN-gamma-mediated and stress-mediated cellular responses and that SET induces cell differentiation via calcium and MAPK/ERK pathways. ..
- Lavado A, Oliver G. Six3 is required for ependymal cell maturation. Development. 2011;138:5291-300 pubmed publisher..In its absence, ependymal cells fail to suppress radial glia characteristics, resulting in a defective lateral wall, abnormal neuroblast migration and differentiation, and hydrocephaly. ..
- Treanor L, Zhou S, Janke L, Churchman M, Ma Z, Lu T, et al. Interleukin-7 receptor mutants initiate early T cell precursor leukemia in murine thymocyte progenitors with multipotent potential. J Exp Med. 2014;211:701-13 pubmed publisher..This new murine model recapitulates several important cellular and molecular features of ETP-ALL and should be useful to further define novel therapeutic approaches for this aggressive leukemia. ..
- Tran Q, Kennedy L, Leon Carrion S, Bodreddigari S, Goodwin S, Sutter C, et al. EGFR regulation of epidermal barrier function. Physiol Genomics. 2012;44:455-69 pubmed publisher..These results provide a systems-level understanding of the actions of EGFR signaling to inhibit keratinocyte differentiation, providing new insight into the role of EGFR imbalance in skin pathogenesis...
- Chen Z, Wu J, Yang C, Fan P, Balazs L, Jiao Y, et al. DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 (DGCR8) protein-mediated microRNA biogenesis is essential for vascular smooth muscle cell development in mice. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19018-28 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the DGCR8 gene is required for vascular development through the regulation of VSMC proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation...
- Bettini M, Chou P, Guy C, Lee T, Vignali K, Vignali D. Cutting Edge: CD3 ITAM Diversity Is Required for Optimal TCR Signaling and Thymocyte Development. J Immunol. 2017;199:1555-1560 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that ITAM sequence diversity is required for optimal TCR signal transduction and subsequent T cell maturation. ..
- Shimoda K, van Deursen J, Sangster M, Sarawar S, Carson R, Tripp R, et al. Lack of IL-4-induced Th2 response and IgE class switching in mice with disrupted Stat6 gene. Nature. 1996;380:630-3 pubmed..In contrast, IL-4-mediated proliferation was only partly affected. ..
- Liu G, Burns S, Huang G, Boyd K, Proia R, Flavell R, et al. The receptor S1P1 overrides regulatory T cell-mediated immune suppression through Akt-mTOR. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:769-77 pubmed publisher..Dynamic regulation of S1P1 contributed to lymphocyte priming and immune homeostasis. Thus, by antagonizing T(reg) cell-mediated immune suppression, the lipid-activated S1P1-Akt-mTOR pathway orchestrates adaptive immune responses. ..
- Yang J, Milasta S, Hu D, AlTahan A, Interiano R, Zhou J, et al. Targeting Histone Demethylases in MYC-Driven Neuroblastomas with Ciclopirox. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4626-4638 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(17); 4626-38. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Harada H, Harada Y, O Brien D, Rice D, Naeve C, Downing J. HERF1, a novel hematopoiesis-specific RING finger protein, is required for terminal differentiation of erythroid cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3808-15 pubmed..These results suggest an important role for this protein in erythropoiesis. ..
- Wang J, Elghazi L, Parker S, Kizilocak H, Asano M, Sussel L, et al. The concerted activities of Pax4 and Nkx2.2 are essential to initiate pancreatic beta-cell differentiation. Dev Biol. 2004;266:178-89 pubmed..This role of Pax4 appears to be accomplished via its genetic interaction with another homeobox gene, Nkx2.2. ..
- Sun W, Downing J. Haploinsufficiency of AML1 results in a decrease in the number of LTR-HSCs while simultaneously inducing an increase in more mature progenitors. Blood. 2004;104:3565-72 pubmed..The latter defect mimics one of the key abnormalities in human patients with the familial platelet disorder resulting from AML1 haploinsufficiency. ..
- Johnson D, Donovan S, Dyer M. Mosaic deletion of Rb arrests rod differentiation and stimulates ectopic synaptogenesis in the mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:112-28 pubmed..Finally, analysis of P4, P7, P12, and P15 retinae suggests that the apical horizontal cell processes result from their failure to establish their normal lateral projections during development. ..
- Bettini M, Vignali D. Development of thymically derived natural regulatory T cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1183:1-12 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss our current understanding of nTreg lineage choice and development from a cellular and intracellular standpoint. ..
- Huang G, Wang Y, Chi H. Regulation of TH17 cell differentiation by innate immune signals. Cell Mol Immunol. 2012;9:287-95 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize the current knowledge on the mechanisms by which DC-derived innate immune signals drive T(H)17 cell differentiation. ..
- Middlemas D, Kihl B, Zhou J, Zhu X. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes survival and chemoprotection of human neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16451-60 pubmed..We then tested whether BDNF might afford drug resistance in NB and found that BDNF does indeed protect in this NB model against cisplatin, a DNA-damaging agent actually used in the treatment of NB. ..
- Ding W, Gao S, Scott R. Senescence represses the nuclear localization of the serum response factor and differentiation regulates its nuclear localization with lineage specificity. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:1011-8 pubmed..These results together establish that regulation of SRF expression and nuclear localization is important in senescence and differentiation in a lineage specific manner. ..
- Sutter C, Yin H, Li Y, Mammen J, Bodreddigari S, Stevens G, et al. EGF receptor signaling blocks aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated transcription and cell differentiation in human epidermal keratinocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:4266-71 pubmed publisher..This signaling may modulate the incidence and severity of chloracne and be of therapeutic relevance to human poisonings by dioxin. ..
- Wigle J, Chowdhury K, Gruss P, Oliver G. Prox1 function is crucial for mouse lens-fibre elongation. Nat Genet. 1999;21:318-22 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that the progression of terminal fibre differentiation and elongation is dependent on Prox1 activity during lens development. ..
- Wigle J, Harvey N, Detmar M, Lagutina I, Grosveld G, Gunn M, et al. An essential role for Prox1 in the induction of the lymphatic endothelial cell phenotype. EMBO J. 2002;21:1505-13 pubmed..On the basis of our findings, we propose that a blood vascular phenotype is the default fate of budding embryonic venous endothelial cells; upon expression of Prox1, these budding cells adopt a lymphatic vasculature phenotype. ..
- Baudino T, McKay C, Pendeville Samain H, Nilsson J, Maclean K, White E, et al. c-Myc is essential for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis during development and tumor progression. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2530-43 pubmed..These findings support the model wherein c-Myc promotes cell growth and transformation, as well as vascular and hematopoietic development, by functioning as a master regulator of angiogenic factors. ..
- Johnson N, Dillard M, Baluk P, McDonald D, Harvey N, Frase S, et al. Lymphatic endothelial cell identity is reversible and its maintenance requires Prox1 activity. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3282-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LECs are one of the few differentiated cell types that require constant expression of a certain gene to maintain their phenotypic identity. ..
- Kandilci A, Surtel J, Janke L, Neale G, Terranova S, Grosveld G. Mapping of MN1 sequences necessary for myeloid transformation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61706 pubmed publisher..This collection of immediate MN1-responsive candidate genes distinguishes the leukemic activity from the in vitro myeloproliferative capacity of this oncoprotein. ..
- Parganas E, Wang D, Stravopodis D, Topham D, Marine J, Teglund S, et al. Jak2 is essential for signaling through a variety of cytokine receptors. Cell. 1998;93:385-95 pubmed..Therefore, Jak2 plays a critical, nonredundant role in the function of a specific group of cytokines receptors. ..
- Saeed A, Parmentier J, Malik K. Activation of alpha1A-adrenergic receptor promotes differentiation of rat-1 fibroblasts to a smooth muscle-like phenotype. BMC Cell Biol. 2004;5:47 pubmed
- Zhang J, Randall M, Loyd M, Li W, Schweers R, Persons D, et al. Role of erythropoietin receptor signaling in Friend virus-induced erythroblastosis and polycythemia. Blood. 2006;107:73-8 pubmed..These results suggest that Friend virus activates both sf-STK and the EPOR to cause deregulated erythroid proliferation and differentiation...
- Zbytek B, Janjetovic Z, Tuckey R, Zmijewski M, Sweatman T, Jones E, et al. 20-Hydroxyvitamin D3, a product of vitamin D3 hydroxylation by cytochrome P450scc, stimulates keratinocyte differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2271-80 pubmed publisher..These data imply that the previously unreported pathway of vitamin D3 metabolism by P450scc may have wider biological implications depending, for example, on the extent of adrenal gland or cutaneous metabolism. ..
- Clements W, Traver D. Signalling pathways that control vertebrate haematopoietic stem cell specification. Nat Rev Immunol. 2013;13:336-48 pubmed publisher..Here, we review current knowledge of the intraembryonic signals required for the specification of HSCs in vertebrates...