Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: carrier proteins
- Glaeser H, Bailey D, Dresser G, Gregor J, Schwarz U, McGrath J, et al. Intestinal drug transporter expression and the impact of grapefruit juice in humans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;81:362-70 pubmed..Although short-term grapefruit juice ingestion was associated with reduced fexofenadine availability, OATP1A2 or MDR1 expression was unaffected...
- Andrews H, Zhang Y, Trotta N, Broadie K. Drosophila sec10 is required for hormone secretion but not general exocytosis or neurotransmission. Traffic. 2002;3:906-21 pubmed..We conclude that dSec10 has no detectable role in most forms of polarized trafficking/exocytosis, including neurotransmission, but rather is essential for endocrine secretion. ..
- Natarajan P, Wang J, Hua Z, Graham T. Drs2p-coupled aminophospholipid translocase activity in yeast Golgi membranes and relationship to in vivo function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10614-9 pubmed..Therefore, whereas NBD-PS is a preferred substrate for Drs2p in vitro, endogenous PS is not an obligatory substrate in vivo for the role Drs2p plays in protein transport...
- Utley T, Ducharme N, Varthakavi V, Shepherd B, Santangelo P, Lindquist M, et al. Respiratory syncytial virus uses a Vps4-independent budding mechanism controlled by Rab11-FIP2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10209-14 pubmed publisher..RSV budding was independent of the ESCRT machinery, the only well-defined budding mechanism for enveloped RNA viruses. Therefore, RSV uses a virus budding mechanism that is controlled by FIP2. ..
- Rushton E, Rohrbough J, Broadie K. Presynaptic secretion of mind-the-gap organizes the synaptic extracellular matrix-integrin interface and postsynaptic environments. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:554-71 pubmed publisher..We suggest that MTG pioneers a novel protein family involved in ECM-dependent synaptic differentiation. ..
- Hanson S, Gurevich V. The differential engagement of arrestin surface charges by the various functional forms of the receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3458-62 pubmed
- Chung I, Dai C, Krantz S. Stem cell factor increases the expression of FLIP that inhibits IFNgamma -induced apoptosis in human erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 2003;101:1324-8 pubmed
- Zhao R, Zhao Z. Dissecting the interaction of SHP-2 with PZR, an immunoglobulin family protein containing immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motifs. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5453-9 pubmed..The coexisting binding and dephosphorylation of PZR by SHP-2 may function to terminate signal transduction initiated by PZR and SHP-2 and to set a threshold for the signal transduction to be initiated. ..
- Mordes D, Glick G, Zhao R, Cortez D. TopBP1 activates ATR through ATRIP and a PIKK regulatory domain. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1478-89 pubmed publisher..Therefore, divergent amino acid sequences within the PRD and a unique protein partner allow each of these PIK kinases to respond to distinct cellular events. ..
- Van Raay T, Coffey R, Solnica Krezel L. Zebrafish Naked1 and Naked2 antagonize both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2007;309:151-68 pubmed..Finally, reducing Nkd1 function in slb mutants suppressed the axial mesendoderm C&E defect. These data indicate that zebrafish Nkd1 and Nkd2 function to limit both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Lareyre J, Zheng W, Zhao G, Kasper S, Newcomer M, Matusik R, et al. Molecular cloning and hormonal regulation of a murine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein messenger ribonucleic acid. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2971-81 pubmed..The overall similarity in the primary amino acid sequence of mE-RABP with ESP I and other members of the lipocalin superfamily suggests that they are evolutionarily related. ..
- Fricke M, Jones Davis D, Mathews G. Glutamine uptake by System A transporters maintains neurotransmitter GABA synthesis and inhibitory synaptic transmission. J Neurochem. 2007;102:1895-1904 pubmed publisher..However, in contrast to glutamate, extracellular glutamine levels are normally high. Therefore, we propose a supportive role for glutamine, even under resting conditions, to maintain GABA vesicle filling. ..
- Luka Z, Cerone R, Phillips J, Mudd H, Wagner C. Mutations in human glycine N-methyltransferase give insights into its role in methionine metabolism. Hum Genet. 2002;110:68-74 pubmed..Restriction enzyme analysis of panels of diverse DNA samples indicates that these mutations are not attributable to a common polymorphism. ..
- Chim N, Gall W, Xiao J, Harris M, Graham T, Krezel A. Solution structure of the ubiquitin-binding domain in Swa2p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteins. 2004;54:784-93 pubmed..We propose that Swa2p is a multifunctional protein capable of recognizing several proteins through its protein-protein recognition domains. ..
- Soukoulis V, Reddy S, Pooley R, Feng Y, Walsh C, Bader D. Cytoplasmic LEK1 is a regulator of microtubule function through its interaction with the LIS1 pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8549-54 pubmed..Additionally, cells exhibited a severe inability to repolymerize their microtubule networks after nocodazole challenge. Taken together, our studies revealed that cytLEK1 is essential for cellular functions regulated by the LIS1 pathway. ..
- Nakagawa N, Ghishan F. Low phosphate diet upregulates the renal and intestinal sodium-dependent phosphate transporter in vitamin D-resistant hypophosphatemic mice. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1994;205:162-7 pubmed..16 +/- 0.04 and 0.11 +/- 0.01 in low- and control-P(i) diets, respectively. The data indicates that low-phosphate diet upregulates the Vmax of the renal and jejunal Na(+)-dependent phosphate cotransporter in the hypophosphatemic mice. ..
- Barnard D, Li J, Peng R, Patton J. Regulation of alternative splicing by SRrp86 through coactivation and repression of specific SR proteins. RNA. 2002;8:526-33 pubmed..Regulation of SR protein activity, coupled with regulated protein expression, suggest that SRrp86 may play a crucial role in determining tissue specific patterns of alternative splicing. ..
- Fu C, Bardhan S, Cetateanu N, Wamil B, Wang Y, Yan H, et al. Identification of a novel membrane protein, HP59, with therapeutic potential as a target of tumor angiogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:4182-94 pubmed..These results and the immunohistochemistry data suggest a therapeutic potential for the CM101 target protein HP59 both as a drug target and as a vaccine against pathoangiogenesis. ..
- Lee K, Heffington L, Jellusova J, Nam K, Raybuck A, Cho S, et al. Requirement for Rictor in homeostasis and function of mature B lymphoid cells. Blood. 2013;122:2369-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings provide evidence that mTOR signaling affects survival and proliferation of mature B lymphocytes, and establish Rictor as an important signal relay in B-cell homeostasis, fate, and functions. ..
- Gall W, Higginbotham M, Chen C, Ingram M, Cyr D, Graham T. The auxilin-like phosphoprotein Swa2p is required for clathrin function in yeast. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1349-58 pubmed..They suggest that Swa2p is the yeast ortholog of auxilin and has a role in disassembling clathrin, not only in uncoating clathrin-coated vesicles but perhaps in preventing unproductive clathrin assembly in vivo. ..
- Sutcliffe J, Han M, Amin T, Kesterson R, Nurmi E. Partial duplication of the APBA2 gene in chromosome 15q13 corresponds to duplicon structures. BMC Genomics. 2003;4:15 pubmed..The duplication of APBA2 sequences in this region adds to a complex picture of different low copy repeats present across this region and elsewhere on the chromosome. ..
- Gentry J, Rutkoski N, Burke T, Carter B. A functional interaction between the p75 neurotrophin receptor interacting factors, TRAF6 and NRIF. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16646-56 pubmed..These results suggest that NRIF and TRAF6 functionally interact to facilitate neurotrophin signaling through the p75 receptor. ..
- Swift L, Kakkad B, Boone C, Jovanovska A, Jerome W, Mohler P, et al. Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein expression in adipocytes: a new component in fat metabolism. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3183-9 pubmed..Our results provide unequivocal evidence for the presence of MTP in adipocytes and present new possibilities for defining the mechanisms by which triglyceride is stored and/or hydrolyzed and mobilized. ..
- Luka Z, Pakhomova S, Loukachevitch L, Egli M, Newcomer M, Wagner C. 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is bound in intersubunit areas of rat liver folate-binding protein glycine N-methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4069-75 pubmed..The presence of the folate in this position provides a mechanism for its inhibition. ..
- Nozaki K, Ogawa M, Williams J, Lafleur B, Ng V, Drapkin R, et al. A molecular signature of gastric metaplasia arising in response to acute parietal cell loss. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:511-22 pubmed publisher..We now sought to characterize more definitively the pathway for emergence of SPEM...
- Zhang R, Tan Z, Liang P. Identification of a novel ligand-receptor pair constitutively activated by ras oncogenes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24436-43 pubmed..Thus, the Mob-5/Mob-5 receptor may represent a novel putative autocrine loop coordinately activated by ras oncogenes. ..
- Sung K, Kirby M, McDonald M, Lovinger D, Delpire E. Abnormal GABAA receptor-mediated currents in dorsal root ganglion neurons isolated from Na-K-2Cl cotransporter null mice. J Neurosci. 2000;20:7531-8 pubmed
- Kulessa H, Turk G, Hogan B. Inhibition of Bmp signaling affects growth and differentiation in the anagen hair follicle. EMBO J. 2000;19:6664-74 pubmed..These results identify Bmps as key regulators of the genetic program controlling hair shaft differentiation in postnatal hair follicles. ..
- Gu Y, Lindner J, Kumar A, Yuan W, Magnuson M. Rictor/mTORC2 is essential for maintaining a balance between beta-cell proliferation and cell size. Diabetes. 2011;60:827-37 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of AKT-S473, by negatively regulating that of AKT-T308, is essential for maintaining a balance between ?-cell proliferation and cell size in response to proliferative stimuli. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Guillory B, Mukherjee S, Das S. Antiproliferative effect of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor antagonist PK11195 in rat mammary tumor cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:203-13 pubmed publisher..However, the inhibition of cell proliferation by PK11195 was counteracted by Ro5-4864, a PBR agonist. Thus, PBR antagonist may be a potential therapeutic agent for the control of aggressiveness of breast cancer. ..
- Mount D, Baekgaard A, Hall A, Plata C, Xu J, Beier D, et al. Isoforms of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in murine TAL I. Molecular characterization and intrarenal localization. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:F347-58 pubmed..Rubio, S. C. Hebert, and G. Gamba. Am. J. Physiol. 276 (Renal Physiol. 45): F347-F358, 1999], and the differential expression of these isoforms may contribute to functional heterogeneity of Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransport in mouse TAL. ..
- Coleman E, WALKER T, Hildreth J. Loss of Niemann Pick type C proteins 1 and 2 greatly enhances HIV infectivity and is associated with accumulation of HIV Gag and cholesterol in late endosomes/lysosomes. Virol J. 2012;9:31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest cholesterol trafficking and localization can profoundly affect HIV-1 infectivity by modulating the cholesterol content of the virions. ..
- Nichols C, Garcia E, Sanders Bush E. Dynamic changes in prefrontal cortex gene expression following lysergic acid diethylamide administration. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;111:182-8 pubmed..Most expression increases were due to activation of the 5-HT(2A) receptor, however expression of two genes had neither a 5-HT(1A) nor a 5-HT(2A) receptor component. ..
- Ji H, Adkins C, Cartwright B, Friedman K. Yeast Est2p affects telomere length by influencing association of Rap1p with telomeric chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2380-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Est2p can directly or indirectly influence the binding of Rap1p to telomeric DNA, implicating telomerase in roles both upstream and downstream of Rap1p in telomere length homeostasis...
- Ma L, Mao S, Taylor K, Kanjanabuch T, Guan Y, Zhang Y, et al. Prevention of obesity and insulin resistance in mice lacking plasminogen activator inhibitor 1. Diabetes. 2004;53:336-46 pubmed..Inhibition of PAI-1 might provide a novel anti-obesity and anti-insulin resistance treatment. ..
- Li C, Franklin J, Graves Deal R, Jerome W, Cao Z, Coffey R. Myristoylated Naked2 escorts transforming growth factor alpha to the basolateral plasma membrane of polarized epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:5571-6 pubmed..These data identify an unexpected function for NKD2, i.e., myristoylation-dependent escort of TGF alpha to the basolateral plasma membrane of polarized epithelial cells. ..
- Qian Q, Kuo L, Yu Y, Rottman J. A concise promoter region of the heart fatty acid-binding protein gene dictates tissue-appropriate expression. Circ Res. 1999;84:276-89 pubmed..Interactions with adjacent sites are likely to be necessary for fully appropriate, tissue-specific, developmental and metabolic regulation. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Donahue E, Shiota M. Defect in glucokinase translocation in Zucker diabetic fatty rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E414-23 pubmed..The unresponsiveness of hepatic glucose flux to the rise in plasma glucose and insulin seen in prediabetic ZDF rats was associated with impaired GK translocation. ..
- Perreault A, Benton M, Koury M, Brandt S, Venters B. Epo reprograms the epigenome of erythroid cells. Exp Hematol. 2017;51:47-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a cis-regulatory enhancer network for Epo signaling during erythropoiesis, and provide the framework for future studies involving the interplay of epigenetics and Epo signaling. ..
- McConnell R, Benesh A, Mao S, Tabb D, Tyska M. Proteomic analysis of the enterocyte brush border. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G914-26 pubmed publisher..These results provide a foundation for future studies aimed at defining the molecular mechanisms underpinning brush border assembly and function. ..
- Kehl Fie T, Zhang Y, Moore J, Farrand A, Hood M, Rathi S, et al. MntABC and MntH contribute to systemic Staphylococcus aureus infection by competing with calprotectin for nutrient manganese. Infect Immun. 2013;81:3395-405 pubmed publisher..In total, these studies provide insight into the mechanisms utilized by bacteria to evade host-imposed nutrient metal starvation and the critical importance of restricting manganese availability during infection. ..
- Collins J, Ghishan F. Molecular cloning, functional expression, tissue distribution, and in situ hybridization of the renal sodium phosphate (Na+/P(i)) transporter in the control and hypophosphatemic mouse. FASEB J. 1994;8:862-8 pubmed
- Chiang C, Kanies C, Kim K, Fang W, Parkhurst C, Xie M, et al. Protein phosphatase 2A dephosphorylation of phosphoserine 112 plays the gatekeeper role for BAD-mediated apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6350-62 pubmed..Thus, PP2A dephosphorylation of pSer112 is the key initiating event regulating the activation of BAD during interleukin-3 withdrawal-induced apoptosis. ..
- Huang F, Woodruff E, Mohrmann R, Broadie K. Rolling blackout is required for synaptic vesicle exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2369-79 pubmed..We conclude that RBO plays an essential role in neurotransmitter release, downstream of SV docking, likely mediating SV fusion. ..
- Weaver M, Yingling J, Dunn N, Bellusci S, Hogan B. Bmp signaling regulates proximal-distal differentiation of endoderm in mouse lung development. Development. 1999;126:4005-15 pubmed..Endodermal cells at the periphery of the lung, which are exposed to high levels of Bmp4, maintain or adopt a distal character, while cells receiving little or no Bmp4 signal initiate a proximal differentiation program. ..
- Batts L, Polk D, DuBois R, Kulessa H. Bmp signaling is required for intestinal growth and morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1563-70 pubmed..Analysis of gene expression in the transgenic small intestine raises the possibility that Hedgehog and Pdgf signaling play a role in the development of the Juvenile Polyposis-like phenotype. ..
- Fouchécourt S, Lareyre J, Chaurand P, DaGue B, Suzuki K, Ong D, et al. Identification, immunolocalization, regulation, and postnatal development of the lipocalin EP17 (epididymal protein of 17 kilodaltons) in the mouse and rat epididymis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:887-900 pubmed..This suggests that these two related proteins exhibit distinct functions in the mouse epididymis. ..
- Tang Y, Leao I, Coleman E, Broughton R, Hildreth J. Deficiency of niemann-pick type C-1 protein impairs release of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and results in Gag accumulation in late endosomal/lysosomal compartments. J Virol. 2009;83:7982-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that intact intracellular cholesterol trafficking pathways mediated by NPC1 are needed for efficient HIV-1 production. ..
- Jin M, Goldenring J. The Rab11-FIP1/RCP gene codes for multiple protein transcripts related to the plasma membrane recycling system. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:281-95 pubmed..These data suggest that Rab11-FIP1 proteins may play coordinated roles in regulating plasma membrane recycling with regional specificity within the Rab11a-containing recycling system. ..
- Ducharme N, Williams J, Oztan A, Apodaca G, Lapierre L, Goldenring J. Rab11-FIP2 regulates differentiable steps in transcytosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1059-72 pubmed..The results indicate that Rab11-FIP2 regulates trafficking at multiple points within the apical recycling system of polarized cells. ..
- Fritz J, Jayanthi L, Thoreson M, Blakely R. Cloning and chromosomal mapping of the murine norepinephrine transporter. J Neurochem. 1998;70:2241-51 pubmed..The status of Slc6a5 as a candidate gene for alcohol sensitivity is discussed with respect to studies noting ethanol-induced alterations in brain NE receptors, NE receptor-linked adenylate cyclase, and NE transport. ..
- Ye C, Shrubsole M, Cai Q, Ness R, Grady W, Smalley W, et al. Promoter methylation status of the MGMT, hMLH1, and CDKN2A/p16 genes in non-neoplastic mucosa of patients with and without colorectal adenomas. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:429-35 pubmed..The methylation status of these genes in rectal mucosa biopsies detected by MSP assays may not distinguish between patients with and without adenomas in the colon. ..
- Chen C, Ingram M, Rosal P, Graham T. Role for Drs2p, a P-type ATPase and potential aminophospholipid translocase, in yeast late Golgi function. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1223-36 pubmed..These observations indicate a novel role for a P-type ATPase in late Golgi function and suggest a possible link between membrane asymmetry and clathrin function at the Golgi complex. ..
- Wang Y, Cao Z, Newkirk R, Ivy M, Townsel J. Molecular cloning of a cDNA for a putative choline co-transporter from Limulus CNS. Gene. 2001;268:123-31 pubmed
- Fan G, Lapierre L, Goldenring J, Sai J, Richmond A. Rab11-family interacting protein 2 and myosin Vb are required for CXCR2 recycling and receptor-mediated chemotaxis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2456-69 pubmed
- Zhao Z, Zhao R. Purification and cloning of PZR, a binding protein and putative physiological substrate of tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29367-72 pubmed..As a binding protein and a putative substrate of SHP-2, PZR protein may have an important role in cell signaling. ..
- Tirona R, Leake B, Wolkoff A, Kim R. Human organic anion transporting polypeptide-C (SLC21A6) is a major determinant of rifampin-mediated pregnane X receptor activation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:223-8 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of an uptake transporter such as OATP-C, in modulating PXR function, and sheds important new insight into our understanding of the molecular determinants of PXR-mediated inductive processes. ..
- Tirona R, Leake B, Merino G, Kim R. Polymorphisms in OATP-C: identification of multiple allelic variants associated with altered transport activity among European- and African-Americans. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35669-75 pubmed
- Ong D. Cellular retinoid-binding proteins. Arch Dermatol. 1987;123:1693-1695a pubmed..The nuclear binding of retinol and retinoic acid may be part of the mechanism by which vitamin A directs the state of differentiation of epithelial tissue. ..
- Ho W, Exton J, Williger B. Arfaptin 1 inhibits ADP-ribosylation factor-dependent matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretion induced by phorbol ester in HT 1080 fibrosarcoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2003;537:91-5 pubmed..These data are in agreement with previous results demonstrating a significant role for PLD in regulating MMP-9 secretion. ..
- Shearer J, Fueger P, Rottman J, Bracy D, Binas B, Wasserman D. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein reciprocally regulates glucose and fatty acid utilization during exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;288:E292-7 pubmed..These results show that, in vivo, H-FABP has reciprocal effects on glucose and LCFA utilization and whole body fuel homeostasis when metabolic demands are elevated by exercise. ..
- Shiota C, Woo J, Lindner J, Shelton K, Magnuson M. Multiallelic disruption of the rictor gene in mice reveals that mTOR complex 2 is essential for fetal growth and viability. Dev Cell. 2006;11:583-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that both rictor and mTORC2 are essential for the development of both embryonic and extraembryonic tissues. ..
- Rushton E, Rohrbough J, Deutsch K, Broadie K. Structure-function analysis of endogenous lectin mind-the-gap in synaptogenesis. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:1161-79 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the MTG lectin has both positive and negative binding interactions with glycans in the extracellular synaptic domain, which both facilitate and limit GluR localization during NMJ embryonic synaptogenesis. ..
- Sekhar K, Spitz D, Harris S, Nguyen T, Meredith M, Holt J, et al. Redox-sensitive interaction between KIAA0132 and Nrf2 mediates indomethacin-induced expression of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase. Free Radic Biol Med. 2002;32:650-62 pubmed..These results also support the hypothesis that indomethacin-induced transcriptional activation of GCLC involves the redox-dependent release of KIAA0132 from Nrf2 followed by the nuclear translocation of Nrf2. ..
- Pearson M, Lu J, Mount D, Delpire E. Localization of the K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter, KCC3, in the central and peripheral nervous systems: expression in the choroid plexus, large neurons and white matter tracts. Neuroscience. 2001;103:481-91 pubmed..The base of the choroid plexus epithelium was also strongly labeled. These data demonstrate the specificity and diversity of KCC3 expression in the mouse CNS. ..
- Boraska V, Franklin C, Floyd J, Thornton L, Huckins L, Southam L, et al. A genome-wide association study of anorexia nervosa. Mol Psychiatry. 2014;19:1085-94 pubmed publisher..The accrual of large genotyped AN case-control samples should be an immediate priority for the field. ..
- Rayala H, Kendirgi F, Barry D, Majerus P, Wente S. The mRNA export factor human Gle1 interacts with the nuclear pore complex protein Nup155. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2004;3:145-55 pubmed..The mutual interaction between hGle1 and the symmetrically distributed nuclear pore protein Nup155 suggests a model in which hGle1's association with hNup155 may represent a step in the Gle1-mediated mRNA export pathway. ..
- Roland J, Kenworthy A, Peranen J, Caplan S, Goldenring J. Myosin Vb interacts with Rab8a on a tubular network containing EHD1 and EHD3. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2828-37 pubmed..Additionally, dynamic live cell imaging demonstrates distinct pathways for Rab11a and Rab8a vesicle trafficking. These findings indicate that Rab8a and Rab11a define different recycling pathways that both use Myosin Vb. ..
- Deming S, Ren Z, Wen W, Shu X, Cai Q, Gao Y, et al. Genetic variation in IGF1, IGF-1R, IGFALS, and IGFBP3 in breast cancer survival among Chinese women: a report from the Shanghai Breast Cancer Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;104:309-19 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that polymorphisms in the IGF-1R and IGFBP3 genes may be associated with altered survival among subgroups of breast cancer patients defined by menopausal status. ..
- Liu K, Hua Z, Nepute J, Graham T. Yeast P4-ATPases Drs2p and Dnf1p are essential cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p endocytic pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:487-500 pubmed..These results demonstrate an essential role for endocytosis in retrieving proteins back to the Golgi, and they define critical cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p system...