Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Franklin J, Yoshiura K, Dempsey P, Bogatcheva G, Jeyakumar L, Meise K, et al. Identification of MAGI-3 as a transforming growth factor-alpha tail binding protein. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:457-70 pubmed
- Shi J, Aiken C. Saturation of TRIM5 alpha-mediated restriction of HIV-1 infection depends on the stability of the incoming viral capsid. Virology. 2006;350:493-500 pubmed..The results strongly suggest that the mechanism of HIV-1 restriction by TRIM5 alpha involves engagement of the viral capsid by the restriction factor prior to completion of uncoating. ..
- Li C, Hao M, Cao Z, Ding W, Graves Deal R, Hu J, et al. Naked2 acts as a cargo recognition and targeting protein to ensure proper delivery and fusion of TGF-alpha containing exocytic vesicles at the lower lateral membrane of polarized MDCK cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3081-93 pubmed
- Rold C, Aiken C. Proteasomal degradation of TRIM5alpha during retrovirus restriction. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000074 pubmed publisher..We conclude that engagement of a restriction-sensitive retrovirus core results in TRIM5alpha degradation by a proteasome-dependent mechanism. ..
- Wu J, Lin X, Xie H. Regulation of hemin binding proteins by a novel transcriptional activator in Porphyromonas gingivalis. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:115-22 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates the involvement of a novel transcriptional activator, PG1237, in expression of the hmu operon in a cell density-dependent fashion. ..
- Odvody J, Vincent T, Arrate M, Grieb B, Wang S, Garriga J, et al. A deficiency in Mdm2 binding protein inhibits Myc-induced B-cell proliferation and lymphomagenesis. Oncogene. 2010;29:3287-96 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Mtbp functioned independent of Mdm2 and was a limiting factor for the proliferative and transforming functions of Myc. Thus, Mtbp is a previously unrecognized regulator of Myc-induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Tang D, Hight M, McKinley E, Fu A, Buck J, Smith R, et al. Quantitative preclinical imaging of TSPO expression in glioma using N,N-diethyl-2-(2-(4-(2-18F-fluoroethoxy)phenyl)-5,7-dimethylpyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidin-3-yl)acetamide. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:287-94 pubmed publisher..Given the relationship between elevated TSPO levels and poor outcome in oncology, these studies suggest the potential of (18)F-DPA-714 PET to serve as a novel predictive cancer imaging modality. ..
- Crawley S, Shifrin D, Grega Larson N, McConnell R, Benesh A, Mao S, et al. Intestinal brush border assembly driven by protocadherin-based intermicrovillar adhesion. Cell. 2014;157:433-446 pubmed publisher..These data reveal an adhesion-based mechanism for brush border assembly and illuminate the basis of intestinal pathology in patients with Usher syndrome. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Collins J, Scheving L, Ghishan F. Decreased transcription of the sodium-phosphate transporter gene in the hypophosphatemic mouse. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:F439-48 pubmed..02% decreased rate of transcription of the Na(+)-Pi transporter gene in the Hyp mice (n = 3). Thus abnormal transcriptional control of this gene in the Hyp mouse likely plays a role in X-linked hypophosphatemia...
- Barnwell L, Chaudhuri G, Townsel J. Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the human brain GABA/noradrenaline neurotransmitter transporter family. Gene. 1995;159:287-8 pubmed..Translation of the CRT2 coding sequence reveals a new protein with regions of perfect homology with the CRT1 amino-acid sequence. ..
- Collins J, Honda T, Knobel S, Bulus N, Conary J, Dubois R, et al. Molecular cloning, sequencing, tissue distribution, and functional expression of a Na+/H+ exchanger (NHE-2). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:3938-42 pubmed..These data suggest that we have cloned a member of the Na+/H+ exchanger family with tissue-specific expression. We suggest the designation of NHE-2 for this Na+/H+ exchanger. ..
- Strange K, Singer T, Morrison R, Delpire E. Dependence of KCC2 K-Cl cotransporter activity on a conserved carboxy terminus tyrosine residue. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C860-7 pubmed..We postulate that the carboxy terminus plays an essential role in maintaining the functional conformation of KCC cotransporters and/or is involved in essential regulatory protein-protein interactions...
- Chattopadhyay A, Chiang C, Yang E. BAD/BCL-[X(L)] heterodimerization leads to bypass of G0/G1 arrest. Oncogene. 2001;20:4507-18 pubmed..These data provide evidence that in addition to regulating apoptosis, the BAD/BCL-[X(L)] heterodimer has a novel cell cycle function. ..
- de Paulis T, Schmidt D, Bruchey A, Kirby M, McDonald M, Commers P, et al. Dicinnamoylquinides in roasted coffee inhibit the human adenosine transporter. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;442:215-23 pubmed..This suggests that 3,4-dicinnamoyl-1,5-quinides in coffee could have the potential to raise extra-cellular adenosine levels, thereby counteracting the stimulant effect of caffeine. ..
- Aravamudan B, Broadie K. Synaptic Drosophila UNC-13 is regulated by antagonistic G-protein pathways via a proteasome-dependent degradation mechanism. J Neurobiol. 2003;54:417-38 pubmed
- Suzuki K, Araki Y, Zhu M, Lareyre J, Matusik R, Orgebin Crist M. The 5'-flanking region of the murine epididymal protein of 17 kilodaltons gene targets transgene expression in the epididymis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:877-86 pubmed..The 5.3mEP17 fragment will be useful to express a foreign gene of interest in the epididymis in an initial segment-specific manner. ..
- Boord J, Maeda K, Makowski L, Babaev V, Fazio S, Linton M, et al. Combined adipocyte-macrophage fatty acid-binding protein deficiency improves metabolism, atherosclerosis, and survival in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Circulation. 2004;110:1492-8 pubmed
- Sandhu P, Lee W, Xu X, Leake B, Yamazaki M, Stone J, et al. Hepatic uptake of the novel antifungal agent caspofungin. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:676-82 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that OATP1B1-mediated hepatic uptake may contribute to the overall elimination of this drug from the body. ..
- Lynch C, Hikosaka A, Acuff H, Martin M, Kawai N, Singh R, et al. MMP-7 promotes prostate cancer-induced osteolysis via the solubilization of RANKL. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:485-96 pubmed..MMP-7-deficient mice demonstrated reduced prostate tumor-induced osteolysis and RANKL processing. This study suggests that inhibition of MMP-7 will have therapeutic benefit in the treatment of prostate cancer-induced osteolysis. ..
- Alcázar Román A, Tran E, Guo S, Wente S. Inositol hexakisphosphate and Gle1 activate the DEAD-box protein Dbp5 for nuclear mRNA export. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:711-6 pubmed..We now propose that Dbp5 activation at NPCs requires Gle1 and InsP6. This would facilitate spatial control of the remodelling of mRNP protein composition during directional transport and provide energy to power transport cycles. ..
- Menon R, Arora C, Hobel C, Fortunato S. Corticotrophin-releasing hormone in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated term fetal membranes and amniotic fluid from term and preterm birth in African Americans and Caucasians. Reprod Sci. 2008;15:477-83 pubmed publisher..1). AF analysis did not document racial disparity in CRH concentrations in PTB. In fetal membranes, African Americans showed a higher expression and production of CRH in response to an in vitro stimulus. ..
- Ding W, Li C, Hu T, Graves Deal R, Fotia A, Weissman A, et al. EGF receptor-independent action of TGF-alpha protects Naked2 from AO7-mediated ubiquitylation and proteasomal degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:13433-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify an EGFR-independent action of TGF-alpha, in which it protects Naked2 from proteasomal degradation, thus ensuring its delivery to the basolateral surface of polarized epithelial cells. ..
- Ryckman K, Simhan H, Krohn M, Williams S. Predicting risk of bacterial vaginosis: the role of race, smoking and corticotropin-releasing hormone-related genes. Mol Hum Reprod. 2009;15:131-7 pubmed publisher..04 for both). These data indicate that susceptibility to BV is affected by patterns of genetic variation in stress-related genes and smoking plays an important role. ..
- Guengerich F, Rendic S. Update information on drug metabolism systems--2009, part I. Curr Drug Metab. 2010;11:1-3 pubmed..Today it is common to design discovery and development efforts focused on critical human phenomena from the very start, with animal studies supporting the efficacy and safety efforts. ..
- Lee K, Nam K, Cho S, Gudapati P, Hwang Y, Park D, et al. Vital roles of mTOR complex 2 in Notch-driven thymocyte differentiation and leukemia. J Exp Med. 2012;209:713-28 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings reveal roles for mTORC2 in promoting thymic T cell development and T-ALL and indicate that mTORC2 is crucial for Notch signaling to regulate Akt and NF-?B. ..
- Lu W, Cheng F, Yan W, Li X, Yao X, Song W, et al. Selective targeting p53WT lung cancer cells harboring homozygous p53 Arg72 by an inhibitor of CypA. Oncogene. 2017;36:4719-4731 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates that pharmacologic inhibition of CypA offers a potential therapeutic strategy via specific activation of p53-72R in NSCLC. ..
- Díaz Casas A, Chazin W, Pastrana Rios B. Prp40 Homolog A Is a Novel Centrin Target. Biophys J. 2017;112:2529-2539 pubmed publisher..These complementary techniques showed for the first time, to our knowledge, that HsPrp40Ap interacts with centrin in vitro, supporting a coupled functional role for these proteins in pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Kearney J. Genetic modifiers of neurological disease. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2011;21:349-53 pubmed publisher..This will lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies and personalized treatment based on genetic risk. ..
- Kim R, Leake B, Cvetkovic M, Roden M, Nadeau J, Walubo A, et al. Modulation by drugs of human hepatic sodium-dependent bile acid transporter (sodium taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide) activity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;291:1204-9 pubmed
- Matthies H, Moore J, Saunders C, Matthies D, Lapierre L, Goldenring J, et al. Rab11 supports amphetamine-stimulated norepinephrine transporter trafficking. J Neurosci. 2010;30:7863-77 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that AMPH leads to an increase of NET in endosomes of single boutons and varicosities in a Rab11-dependent manner. ..
- Hill C, Sanchez N, Love J, Arrieta J, Hong C, Brown C, et al. BMP2 signals loss of epithelial character in epicardial cells but requires the Type III TGF? receptor to promote invasion. Cell Signal. 2012;24:1012-22 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the relative roles of TGF?R3-dependent and TGF?R3-independent signaling in the actions of BMP2 on epicardial cell behavior and demonstrate the critical role of TGF?R3 in mediating BMP2-stimulated invasion. ..
- Sergin I, Bhattacharya S, Emanuel R, Esen E, Stokes C, Evans T, et al. Inclusion bodies enriched for p62 and polyubiquitinated proteins in macrophages protect against atherosclerosis. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra2 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggested that sequestration of cytotoxic ubiquitinated proteins by p62 protects against atherogenesis, a condition in which the clearance of protein aggregates is disrupted. ..
- Arteaga C, Ramsey T, Shawver L, Guyer C. Unliganded epidermal growth factor receptor dimerization induced by direct interaction of quinazolines with the ATP binding site. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23247-54 pubmed
- Shin O, Exton J. Differential binding of arfaptin 2/POR1 to ADP-ribosylation factors and Rac1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:1267-73 pubmed..Based on these observations, we suggest that arfaptin 2/POR1 is a target protein for GTP-ARFs and for GDP-Rac1, and that it may be involved in interactions between the Rac and ARF signaling pathways. ..
- Aronoff D. Comments to the editor concerning the paper entitled "Orexin-A regulates body temperature in coordination with arousal status" by Yoshimichi et al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2002;227:1-2; discussion 3 pubmed
- Bolger T, Folkmann A, Tran E, Wente S. The mRNA export factor Gle1 and inositol hexakisphosphate regulate distinct stages of translation. Cell. 2008;134:624-33 pubmed publisher..However, Gle1 also independently mediates initiation. Thus, Gle1 is uniquely positioned to coordinate the mRNA export and translation mechanisms. These results directly impact models for perturbation of Gle1 function in pathophysiology. ..
- Andrews H, Zhang Y, Trotta N, Broadie K. Drosophila sec10 is required for hormone secretion but not general exocytosis or neurotransmission. Traffic. 2002;3:906-21 pubmed..We conclude that dSec10 has no detectable role in most forms of polarized trafficking/exocytosis, including neurotransmission, but rather is essential for endocrine secretion. ..
- Natarajan P, Wang J, Hua Z, Graham T. Drs2p-coupled aminophospholipid translocase activity in yeast Golgi membranes and relationship to in vivo function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10614-9 pubmed..Therefore, whereas NBD-PS is a preferred substrate for Drs2p in vitro, endogenous PS is not an obligatory substrate in vivo for the role Drs2p plays in protein transport...
- Glaeser H, Bailey D, Dresser G, Gregor J, Schwarz U, McGrath J, et al. Intestinal drug transporter expression and the impact of grapefruit juice in humans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;81:362-70 pubmed..Although short-term grapefruit juice ingestion was associated with reduced fexofenadine availability, OATP1A2 or MDR1 expression was unaffected...
- Utley T, Ducharme N, Varthakavi V, Shepherd B, Santangelo P, Lindquist M, et al. Respiratory syncytial virus uses a Vps4-independent budding mechanism controlled by Rab11-FIP2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10209-14 pubmed publisher..RSV budding was independent of the ESCRT machinery, the only well-defined budding mechanism for enveloped RNA viruses. Therefore, RSV uses a virus budding mechanism that is controlled by FIP2. ..
- Rushton E, Rohrbough J, Broadie K. Presynaptic secretion of mind-the-gap organizes the synaptic extracellular matrix-integrin interface and postsynaptic environments. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:554-71 pubmed publisher..We suggest that MTG pioneers a novel protein family involved in ECM-dependent synaptic differentiation. ..
- Chung I, Dai C, Krantz S. Stem cell factor increases the expression of FLIP that inhibits IFNgamma -induced apoptosis in human erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 2003;101:1324-8 pubmed
- Hanson S, Gurevich V. The differential engagement of arrestin surface charges by the various functional forms of the receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3458-62 pubmed
- Zhao R, Zhao Z. Dissecting the interaction of SHP-2 with PZR, an immunoglobulin family protein containing immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motifs. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5453-9 pubmed..The coexisting binding and dephosphorylation of PZR by SHP-2 may function to terminate signal transduction initiated by PZR and SHP-2 and to set a threshold for the signal transduction to be initiated. ..
- Mordes D, Glick G, Zhao R, Cortez D. TopBP1 activates ATR through ATRIP and a PIKK regulatory domain. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1478-89 pubmed publisher..Therefore, divergent amino acid sequences within the PRD and a unique protein partner allow each of these PIK kinases to respond to distinct cellular events. ..
- Van Raay T, Coffey R, Solnica Krezel L. Zebrafish Naked1 and Naked2 antagonize both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2007;309:151-68 pubmed..Finally, reducing Nkd1 function in slb mutants suppressed the axial mesendoderm C&E defect. These data indicate that zebrafish Nkd1 and Nkd2 function to limit both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Lareyre J, Zheng W, Zhao G, Kasper S, Newcomer M, Matusik R, et al. Molecular cloning and hormonal regulation of a murine epididymal retinoic acid-binding protein messenger ribonucleic acid. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2971-81 pubmed..The overall similarity in the primary amino acid sequence of mE-RABP with ESP I and other members of the lipocalin superfamily suggests that they are evolutionarily related. ..
- Luka Z, Cerone R, Phillips J, Mudd H, Wagner C. Mutations in human glycine N-methyltransferase give insights into its role in methionine metabolism. Hum Genet. 2002;110:68-74 pubmed..Restriction enzyme analysis of panels of diverse DNA samples indicates that these mutations are not attributable to a common polymorphism. ..
- Fricke M, Jones Davis D, Mathews G. Glutamine uptake by System A transporters maintains neurotransmitter GABA synthesis and inhibitory synaptic transmission. J Neurochem. 2007;102:1895-1904 pubmed publisher..However, in contrast to glutamate, extracellular glutamine levels are normally high. Therefore, we propose a supportive role for glutamine, even under resting conditions, to maintain GABA vesicle filling. ..
- Nakagawa N, Ghishan F. Low phosphate diet upregulates the renal and intestinal sodium-dependent phosphate transporter in vitamin D-resistant hypophosphatemic mice. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1994;205:162-7 pubmed..16 +/- 0.04 and 0.11 +/- 0.01 in low- and control-P(i) diets, respectively. The data indicates that low-phosphate diet upregulates the Vmax of the renal and jejunal Na(+)-dependent phosphate cotransporter in the hypophosphatemic mice. ..
- Chim N, Gall W, Xiao J, Harris M, Graham T, Krezel A. Solution structure of the ubiquitin-binding domain in Swa2p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteins. 2004;54:784-93 pubmed..We propose that Swa2p is a multifunctional protein capable of recognizing several proteins through its protein-protein recognition domains. ..
- Soukoulis V, Reddy S, Pooley R, Feng Y, Walsh C, Bader D. Cytoplasmic LEK1 is a regulator of microtubule function through its interaction with the LIS1 pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8549-54 pubmed..Additionally, cells exhibited a severe inability to repolymerize their microtubule networks after nocodazole challenge. Taken together, our studies revealed that cytLEK1 is essential for cellular functions regulated by the LIS1 pathway. ..
- Gall W, Higginbotham M, Chen C, Ingram M, Cyr D, Graham T. The auxilin-like phosphoprotein Swa2p is required for clathrin function in yeast. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1349-58 pubmed..They suggest that Swa2p is the yeast ortholog of auxilin and has a role in disassembling clathrin, not only in uncoating clathrin-coated vesicles but perhaps in preventing unproductive clathrin assembly in vivo. ..
- Fu C, Bardhan S, Cetateanu N, Wamil B, Wang Y, Yan H, et al. Identification of a novel membrane protein, HP59, with therapeutic potential as a target of tumor angiogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:4182-94 pubmed..These results and the immunohistochemistry data suggest a therapeutic potential for the CM101 target protein HP59 both as a drug target and as a vaccine against pathoangiogenesis. ..
- Barnard D, Li J, Peng R, Patton J. Regulation of alternative splicing by SRrp86 through coactivation and repression of specific SR proteins. RNA. 2002;8:526-33 pubmed..Regulation of SR protein activity, coupled with regulated protein expression, suggest that SRrp86 may play a crucial role in determining tissue specific patterns of alternative splicing. ..
- Sutcliffe J, Han M, Amin T, Kesterson R, Nurmi E. Partial duplication of the APBA2 gene in chromosome 15q13 corresponds to duplicon structures. BMC Genomics. 2003;4:15 pubmed..The duplication of APBA2 sequences in this region adds to a complex picture of different low copy repeats present across this region and elsewhere on the chromosome. ..
- Gentry J, Rutkoski N, Burke T, Carter B. A functional interaction between the p75 neurotrophin receptor interacting factors, TRAF6 and NRIF. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16646-56 pubmed..These results suggest that NRIF and TRAF6 functionally interact to facilitate neurotrophin signaling through the p75 receptor. ..
- Lee K, Heffington L, Jellusova J, Nam K, Raybuck A, Cho S, et al. Requirement for Rictor in homeostasis and function of mature B lymphoid cells. Blood. 2013;122:2369-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings provide evidence that mTOR signaling affects survival and proliferation of mature B lymphocytes, and establish Rictor as an important signal relay in B-cell homeostasis, fate, and functions. ..
- Zhang R, Tan Z, Liang P. Identification of a novel ligand-receptor pair constitutively activated by ras oncogenes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24436-43 pubmed..Thus, the Mob-5/Mob-5 receptor may represent a novel putative autocrine loop coordinately activated by ras oncogenes. ..
- Sung K, Kirby M, McDonald M, Lovinger D, Delpire E. Abnormal GABAA receptor-mediated currents in dorsal root ganglion neurons isolated from Na-K-2Cl cotransporter null mice. J Neurosci. 2000;20:7531-8 pubmed
- Kulessa H, Turk G, Hogan B. Inhibition of Bmp signaling affects growth and differentiation in the anagen hair follicle. EMBO J. 2000;19:6664-74 pubmed..These results identify Bmps as key regulators of the genetic program controlling hair shaft differentiation in postnatal hair follicles. ..
- Swift L, Kakkad B, Boone C, Jovanovska A, Jerome W, Mohler P, et al. Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein expression in adipocytes: a new component in fat metabolism. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3183-9 pubmed..Our results provide unequivocal evidence for the presence of MTP in adipocytes and present new possibilities for defining the mechanisms by which triglyceride is stored and/or hydrolyzed and mobilized. ..
- Luka Z, Pakhomova S, Loukachevitch L, Egli M, Newcomer M, Wagner C. 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is bound in intersubunit areas of rat liver folate-binding protein glycine N-methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4069-75 pubmed..The presence of the folate in this position provides a mechanism for its inhibition. ..
- Nozaki K, Ogawa M, Williams J, Lafleur B, Ng V, Drapkin R, et al. A molecular signature of gastric metaplasia arising in response to acute parietal cell loss. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:511-22 pubmed publisher..We now sought to characterize more definitively the pathway for emergence of SPEM...
- Gu Y, Lindner J, Kumar A, Yuan W, Magnuson M. Rictor/mTORC2 is essential for maintaining a balance between beta-cell proliferation and cell size. Diabetes. 2011;60:827-37 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of AKT-S473, by negatively regulating that of AKT-T308, is essential for maintaining a balance between ?-cell proliferation and cell size in response to proliferative stimuli. ..
- Mount D, Baekgaard A, Hall A, Plata C, Xu J, Beier D, et al. Isoforms of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in murine TAL I. Molecular characterization and intrarenal localization. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:F347-58 pubmed..Rubio, S. C. Hebert, and G. Gamba. Am. J. Physiol. 276 (Renal Physiol. 45): F347-F358, 1999], and the differential expression of these isoforms may contribute to functional heterogeneity of Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransport in mouse TAL. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Guillory B, Mukherjee S, Das S. Antiproliferative effect of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor antagonist PK11195 in rat mammary tumor cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:203-13 pubmed publisher..However, the inhibition of cell proliferation by PK11195 was counteracted by Ro5-4864, a PBR agonist. Thus, PBR antagonist may be a potential therapeutic agent for the control of aggressiveness of breast cancer. ..
- Coleman E, WALKER T, Hildreth J. Loss of Niemann Pick type C proteins 1 and 2 greatly enhances HIV infectivity and is associated with accumulation of HIV Gag and cholesterol in late endosomes/lysosomes. Virol J. 2012;9:31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest cholesterol trafficking and localization can profoundly affect HIV-1 infectivity by modulating the cholesterol content of the virions. ..
- Nichols C, Garcia E, Sanders Bush E. Dynamic changes in prefrontal cortex gene expression following lysergic acid diethylamide administration. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;111:182-8 pubmed..Most expression increases were due to activation of the 5-HT(2A) receptor, however expression of two genes had neither a 5-HT(1A) nor a 5-HT(2A) receptor component. ..
- Ma L, Mao S, Taylor K, Kanjanabuch T, Guan Y, Zhang Y, et al. Prevention of obesity and insulin resistance in mice lacking plasminogen activator inhibitor 1. Diabetes. 2004;53:336-46 pubmed..Inhibition of PAI-1 might provide a novel anti-obesity and anti-insulin resistance treatment. ..
- Ji H, Adkins C, Cartwright B, Friedman K. Yeast Est2p affects telomere length by influencing association of Rap1p with telomeric chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2380-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Est2p can directly or indirectly influence the binding of Rap1p to telomeric DNA, implicating telomerase in roles both upstream and downstream of Rap1p in telomere length homeostasis...
- Qian Q, Kuo L, Yu Y, Rottman J. A concise promoter region of the heart fatty acid-binding protein gene dictates tissue-appropriate expression. Circ Res. 1999;84:276-89 pubmed..Interactions with adjacent sites are likely to be necessary for fully appropriate, tissue-specific, developmental and metabolic regulation. ..
- Li C, Franklin J, Graves Deal R, Jerome W, Cao Z, Coffey R. Myristoylated Naked2 escorts transforming growth factor alpha to the basolateral plasma membrane of polarized epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:5571-6 pubmed..These data identify an unexpected function for NKD2, i.e., myristoylation-dependent escort of TGF alpha to the basolateral plasma membrane of polarized epithelial cells. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Donahue E, Shiota M. Defect in glucokinase translocation in Zucker diabetic fatty rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E414-23 pubmed..The unresponsiveness of hepatic glucose flux to the rise in plasma glucose and insulin seen in prediabetic ZDF rats was associated with impaired GK translocation. ..
- Perreault A, Benton M, Koury M, Brandt S, Venters B. Epo reprograms the epigenome of erythroid cells. Exp Hematol. 2017;51:47-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a cis-regulatory enhancer network for Epo signaling during erythropoiesis, and provide the framework for future studies involving the interplay of epigenetics and Epo signaling. ..
- Collins J, Ghishan F. Molecular cloning, functional expression, tissue distribution, and in situ hybridization of the renal sodium phosphate (Na+/P(i)) transporter in the control and hypophosphatemic mouse. FASEB J. 1994;8:862-8 pubmed
- Weaver M, Yingling J, Dunn N, Bellusci S, Hogan B. Bmp signaling regulates proximal-distal differentiation of endoderm in mouse lung development. Development. 1999;126:4005-15 pubmed..Endodermal cells at the periphery of the lung, which are exposed to high levels of Bmp4, maintain or adopt a distal character, while cells receiving little or no Bmp4 signal initiate a proximal differentiation program. ..
- Chiang C, Kanies C, Kim K, Fang W, Parkhurst C, Xie M, et al. Protein phosphatase 2A dephosphorylation of phosphoserine 112 plays the gatekeeper role for BAD-mediated apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6350-62 pubmed..Thus, PP2A dephosphorylation of pSer112 is the key initiating event regulating the activation of BAD during interleukin-3 withdrawal-induced apoptosis. ..
- Huang F, Woodruff E, Mohrmann R, Broadie K. Rolling blackout is required for synaptic vesicle exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2369-79 pubmed..We conclude that RBO plays an essential role in neurotransmitter release, downstream of SV docking, likely mediating SV fusion. ..
- Batts L, Polk D, DuBois R, Kulessa H. Bmp signaling is required for intestinal growth and morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1563-70 pubmed..Analysis of gene expression in the transgenic small intestine raises the possibility that Hedgehog and Pdgf signaling play a role in the development of the Juvenile Polyposis-like phenotype. ..
- McConnell R, Benesh A, Mao S, Tabb D, Tyska M. Proteomic analysis of the enterocyte brush border. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G914-26 pubmed publisher..These results provide a foundation for future studies aimed at defining the molecular mechanisms underpinning brush border assembly and function. ..
- Kehl Fie T, Zhang Y, Moore J, Farrand A, Hood M, Rathi S, et al. MntABC and MntH contribute to systemic Staphylococcus aureus infection by competing with calprotectin for nutrient manganese. Infect Immun. 2013;81:3395-405 pubmed publisher..In total, these studies provide insight into the mechanisms utilized by bacteria to evade host-imposed nutrient metal starvation and the critical importance of restricting manganese availability during infection. ..
- Fritz J, Jayanthi L, Thoreson M, Blakely R. Cloning and chromosomal mapping of the murine norepinephrine transporter. J Neurochem. 1998;70:2241-51 pubmed..The status of Slc6a5 as a candidate gene for alcohol sensitivity is discussed with respect to studies noting ethanol-induced alterations in brain NE receptors, NE receptor-linked adenylate cyclase, and NE transport. ..
- Fouchécourt S, Lareyre J, Chaurand P, DaGue B, Suzuki K, Ong D, et al. Identification, immunolocalization, regulation, and postnatal development of the lipocalin EP17 (epididymal protein of 17 kilodaltons) in the mouse and rat epididymis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:887-900 pubmed..This suggests that these two related proteins exhibit distinct functions in the mouse epididymis. ..
- Jin M, Goldenring J. The Rab11-FIP1/RCP gene codes for multiple protein transcripts related to the plasma membrane recycling system. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:281-95 pubmed..These data suggest that Rab11-FIP1 proteins may play coordinated roles in regulating plasma membrane recycling with regional specificity within the Rab11a-containing recycling system. ..
- Ducharme N, Williams J, Oztan A, Apodaca G, Lapierre L, Goldenring J. Rab11-FIP2 regulates differentiable steps in transcytosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1059-72 pubmed..The results indicate that Rab11-FIP2 regulates trafficking at multiple points within the apical recycling system of polarized cells. ..
- Tang Y, Leao I, Coleman E, Broughton R, Hildreth J. Deficiency of niemann-pick type C-1 protein impairs release of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and results in Gag accumulation in late endosomal/lysosomal compartments. J Virol. 2009;83:7982-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that intact intracellular cholesterol trafficking pathways mediated by NPC1 are needed for efficient HIV-1 production. ..
- Zhao Z, Zhao R. Purification and cloning of PZR, a binding protein and putative physiological substrate of tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29367-72 pubmed..As a binding protein and a putative substrate of SHP-2, PZR protein may have an important role in cell signaling. ..