Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications161 found, 100 shown here
- Gajjar A, Packer R, Foreman N, Cohen K, Haas Kogan D, Merchant T. Children's Oncology Group's 2013 blueprint for research: central nervous system tumors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013;60:1022-6 pubmed publisher..Phase III trials will explore risk-based therapy stratification guided by molecular and clinical traits of children with medulloblastoma or ependymoma. ..
- Lugthart S, Cheok M, den Boer M, Yang W, Holleman A, Cheng C, et al. Identification of genes associated with chemotherapy crossresistance and treatment response in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:375-86 pubmed..The expression of these genes discriminated treatment outcome in two independent patient populations, identifying a subset of patients with a markedly inferior outcome (37% +/- 13% 5 year DFS). ..
- Zimmerman E, Turner D, Buaboonnam J, Hu S, Orwick S, Roberts M, et al. Crenolanib is active against models of drug-resistant FLT3-ITD-positive acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2013;122:3607-15 pubmed publisher..These preclinical data demonstrate that crenolanib is effective against FLT3-ITD containing secondary KD mutations, suggesting that crenolanib may be a useful therapeutic agent for TKI-naive and drug-resistant FLT3-ITD-positive AML. ..
- Hak L, Relling M, Cheng C, Pei D, Wang B, Sandlund J, et al. Asparaginase pharmacodynamics differ by formulation among children with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2004;18:1072-7 pubmed..We conclude that asparagine concentrations were less effectively depleted by PEG than by E. coli asparaginase at the doses commonly used. The risk of thrombosis may be affected by the intensity of asparaginase exposure. ..
- Jeha S, Razzouk B, Rytting M, Rheingold S, Albano E, Kadota R, et al. Phase II study of clofarabine in pediatric patients with refractory or relapsed acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4392-7 pubmed publisher..To determine the efficacy and safety of clofarabine in pediatric patients with refractory or relapsed acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Lu Y, Chen J, Xiao M, Li W, Miller D. An overview of tubulin inhibitors that interact with the colchicine binding site. Pharm Res. 2012;29:2943-71 pubmed publisher..The present review is a synopsis of compounds that have been reported in the past decade that have provided an increase in our understanding of the actions of CBSIs. ..
- Howard S, Kaplan S, Razzouk B, Rivera G, Sandlund J, Ribeiro R, et al. Urolithiasis in pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2003;17:541-6 pubmed..05). Seven patients (35%) had recurrent urolithiasis. Patients with ALL are at risk of developing calcium renal stones during chemotherapy, especially when a glucocorticoid is included. ..
- Bhojwani D, Howard S, Pui C. High-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma. 2009;9 Suppl 3:S222-30 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide interrogation of leukemic cell genetic abnormalities and germline genetic variations promise to identify new molecular targets for therapy. ..
- Lagisetti C, Pourpak A, Goronga T, Jiang Q, Cui X, Hyle J, et al. Synthetic mRNA splicing modulator compounds with in vivo antitumor activity. J Med Chem. 2009;52:6979-90 pubmed publisher..Future efforts will be directed toward the more complete optimization of these compounds as potential human therapeutics. ..
- Chavhan G, Babyn P, Nathan P, Kaste S. Imaging of acute and subacute toxicities of cancer therapy in children. Pediatr Radiol. 2016;46:9-20; quiz 6-8 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the role of imaging and choice of imaging modalities in these conditions. ..
- Yang H, Brackett C, Morales Tirado V, Li Z, Zhang Q, Wilson M, et al. The Toll-like receptor 5 agonist entolimod suppresses hepatic metastases in a murine model of ocular melanoma via an NK cell-dependent mechanism. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2936-50 pubmed publisher..These results provide pre-clinical evidence of entolimod's efficacy against hepatometastasis of UM and support its further development as an anticancer immunotherapeutic drug. ..
- Thompson M, Fuller C, Hogg T, Dalton J, Finkelstein D, Lau C, et al. Genomics identifies medulloblastoma subgroups that are enriched for specific genetic alterations. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24:1924-31 pubmed..This approach may assist ultimately in the selection of patients for future clinical trials of molecular targeted therapies. ..
- Liu M, Dong J, Lin Z, Niu Y, Zhang X, Jiang H, et al. Rapid screening of transferrin-binders in the flowers of Bauhinia blakeana Dunn by on-line high-performance liquid chromatography-diode-array detector-electrospray ionization-ion-trap-time-of-flight-mass spectrometry-transferrin-fluorescence detectio. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1450:17-28 pubmed publisher
- Relling M, Dervieux T. Pharmacogenetics and cancer therapy. Nat Rev Cancer. 2001;1:99-108 pubmed..Gaining better insight into the genetic elements of both the patient and the tumour that affect drug efficacy will eventually allow for individualized dosage determination and fewer adverse effects...
- Nitiss J. DNA topoisomerases in cancer chemotherapy: using enzymes to generate selective DNA damage. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2002;3:1512-6 pubmed..These investigations into the mechanisms of action of topoisomerase-targeting agents should aid in the design of dinical protocols that optimize the activity of these agents. ..
- Rocha J, Cheng C, Liu W, Kishi S, Das S, Cook E, et al. Pharmacogenetics of outcome in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2005;105:4752-8 pubmed..04). The GSTM1 non-null and TYMS 3/3 genotypes are plausibly linked to drug resistance. Polymorphisms interact to influence antileukemic outcome and represent determinants of response that can be used to optimize therapy. ..
- Yang L, Boyd K, Kaste S, Kamdem Kamdem L, RAHIJA R, Relling M. A mouse model for glucocorticoid-induced osteonecrosis: effect of a steroid holiday. J Orthop Res. 2009;27:169-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, asparaginase hastened osteonecrosis, indicating that drugs may interact with glucocorticoids to affect osteonecrosis risk. ..
- Chalhoub N, Baker S. PTEN and the PI3-kinase pathway in cancer. Annu Rev Pathol. 2009;4:127-50 pubmed publisher..The significance and complexity of PI3K signaling make it an important but challenging therapeutic target for cancer. ..
- Lu Y, Wang Z, Li C, Chen J, Dalton J, Li W, et al. Synthesis, in vitro structure-activity relationship, and in vivo studies of 2-arylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid amides as anticancer agents. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:477-95 pubmed publisher..At a dose of 10mg/kg, 1b significantly inhibited melanoma tumor growth and showed higher efficacy than did dacarbazine at 60mg/kg. ..
- Houghton P, Morton C, Gorlick R, Kolb E, Keir S, Reynolds C, et al. Initial testing of a monoclonal antibody (IMC-A12) against IGF-1R by the Pediatric Preclinical Testing Program. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;54:921-6 pubmed publisher..IMC-A12 showed its greatest activity in vivo against the PPTP's rhabdomyosarcoma xenografts. ..
- Chen S, Pei D, Yang W, Cheng C, Jeha S, Cox N, et al. Genetic variations in GRIA1 on chromosome 5q33 related to asparaginase hypersensitivity. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;88:191-6 pubmed publisher..05) in both cohorts. Chromosome 5q33 has previously been associated with asthma and atopy. These data contribute to the growing body of evidence that there is an inherited component to predisposition to drug allergy...
- Mann M, Hendershot L. UPR activation alters chemosensitivity of tumor cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:736-40 pubmed
- Kimura H, Ng J, Curran T. Transient inhibition of the Hedgehog pathway in young mice causes permanent defects in bone structure. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:249-60 pubmed publisher..After drug removal, osteoblasts invaded the cartilage plate, mineralization occurred, and there was premature fusion of the growth plate resulting in permanent disruption of bone epiphyses. ..
- Spunt S, Grupp S, Vik T, Santana V, Greenblatt D, Clancy J, et al. Phase I study of temsirolimus in pediatric patients with recurrent/refractory solid tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2933-40 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to define the optimal dose for use in combination with other antineoplastic agents in pediatric patients. ..
- Mulrooney D, Soliman E, Ehrhardt M, Lu L, Duprez D, Luepker R, et al. Electrocardiographic abnormalities and mortality in aging survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the St Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Am Heart J. 2017;189:19-27 pubmed publisher..0 95% CI 2.1-7.8). Major ECG abnormalities are common among childhood cancer survivors, associated with increasing doses of anthracyclines and cardiac radiation, and predictive of both cardiac and all-cause mortality. ..
- Green D, Sklar C, Boice J, Mulvihill J, Whitton J, Stovall M, et al. Ovarian failure and reproductive outcomes after childhood cancer treatment: results from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2374-81 pubmed publisher..Survivors should be generally reassured although some women have to consider their potentially shortened fertile life span in making educational and career choices. ..
- Pritchard E, Dyer M, Guy R. Progress in Small Molecule Therapeutics for the Treatment of Retinoblastoma. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2016;16:430-54 pubmed
- Middlemas D, Kihl B, Zhou J, Zhu X. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes survival and chemoprotection of human neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16451-60 pubmed..We then tested whether BDNF might afford drug resistance in NB and found that BDNF does indeed protect in this NB model against cisplatin, a DNA-damaging agent actually used in the treatment of NB. ..
- Reed D, Shen Y, Shelat A, Arnold L, Ferreira A, Zhu F, et al. Identification and characterization of the first small molecule inhibitor of MDMX. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10786-96 pubmed publisher..When combined with selective MDM2 inhibitors, SJ-172550 may also be useful for treating tumors that express wild-type p53. ..
- Fouladi M, Park J, Stewart C, Gilbertson R, Schaiquevich P, Sun J, et al. Pediatric phase I trial and pharmacokinetic study of vorinostat: a Children's Oncology Group phase I consortium report. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:3623-9 pubmed publisher..In children with recurrent solid tumors, vorinostat is well-tolerated at 230 mg/m(2)/d, with a modest dose reduction being required when combining vorinostat with 13cRA. Drug disposition is similar to that observed in adults. ..
- Patil S, Patil R, Pfeffer L, Miller D. Chromenes: potential new chemotherapeutic agents for cancer. Future Med Chem. 2013;5:1647-60 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the general synthesis, biological activities and structure-activity relatinships of different classes of chromenes. ..
- Franklin R, Giri S, Valasareddy P, Lands L, Martin M. Comparative Survival of Patients With Anal Adenocarcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anus, and Rectal Adenocarcinoma. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2016;15:47-53 pubmed publisher..There was a strong trend for improved survival among patients who received radical surgery (HR, 0.71; 95% CI, 0.51-1.00; PÂ = .05). AA confers a significantly worse prognosis than SCCA and RA. ..
- Tarlock K, Alonzo T, Gerbing R, Raimondi S, Hirsch B, Sung L, et al. Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin Reduces Relapse Risk in FLT3/ITD Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Report from the Children's Oncology Group. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1951-7 pubmed publisher..08), and higher TRM (19% vs. 7%;P= 0.08). CD33 targeting with HCT consolidation may be an important therapeutic strategy in high-riskFLT3/ITD AML and its efficacy and associated toxicity warrant further investigation. ..
- Sawas A, Farber C, Schreeder M, Khalil M, Mahadevan D, Deng C, et al. A phase 1/2 trial of ublituximab, a novel anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma or chronic lymphocytic leukaemia previously exposed to rituximab. Br J Haematol. 2017;177:243-253 pubmed publisher..Median duration of response and progression-free survival were 9·2 months and 7·7 months, respectively. Ublituximab was well-tolerated and efficacious in a heterogeneous and highly rituximab-pre-treated patient population. ..
- Leggas M, Adachi M, Scheffer G, Sun D, Wielinga P, Du G, et al. Mrp4 confers resistance to topotecan and protects the brain from chemotherapy. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7612-21 pubmed
- Bhojwani D, Pui C. Relapsed childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:e205-17 pubmed publisher..Advances in preparative regimens, donor selection, and supportive care should improve the success of haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation for high-risk patients. ..
- Cohen B, Geyer J, Miller D, Curran J, Zhou T, Holmes E, et al. Pilot Study of Intensive Chemotherapy With Peripheral Hematopoietic Cell Support for Children Less Than 3 Years of Age With Malignant Brain Tumors, the CCG-99703 Phase I/II Study. AÂ Report From the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatr Neurol. 2015;53:31-46 pubmed publisher..This phase I dose-escalation study of marrow-ablative thiotepa regimen determined a maximum tolerated dose that had acceptable toxicity. Overall survival data justify this strategy for current Children's Oncology Group studies. ..
- ..Venetoclax releases this antagonism and is the first approved drug to target a protein-protein interaction. ..
- Nicolatou Galitis O, Razis E, Galiti D, Galitis E, Labropoulos S, Tsimpidakis A, et al. Periodontal disease preceding osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) in cancer patients receiving antiresorptives alone or combined with targeted therapies: report of 5 cases and literature review. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2015;120:699-706 pubmed publisher..Clinical and radiologic signs of periodontal tissue involvement, before dental extraction in patients treated with antiresorptives alone or in combination with targeted therapy, may represent developing osteonecrosis. ..
- Khan R. Migraine-type headaches in children receiving chemotherapy and ondansetron. J Child Neurol. 2002;17:857-8 pubmed..Ondansetron-induced headaches respond to withholding the drug and to standard antimigraine medications, but further study of a larger group of patients is required to confirm this impression. ..
- Samant S, Robbins K, Vang M, Wan J, Robertson J. Intra-arterial cisplatin and concomitant radiation therapy followed by surgery for advanced paranasal sinus cancer. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:948-55 pubmed..Except for cataract in 2 patients, no visual loss developed. Despite the advanced stage and unfavorable nature of cancer in this cohort, our results indicate that this regimen holds promise and merits further study. ..
- Jiang M, Zhu K, Grenet J, Lahti J. Retinoic acid induces caspase-8 transcription via phospho-CREB and increases apoptotic responses to death stimuli in neuroblastoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1055-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, RA treatment in conjunction with TNFalpha and/or subsets of cytotoxic agents may have therapeutic benefits. ..
- Rosati S, Williams R, Nunnally L, McGee M, Sims T, Tracey L, et al. IFN-beta sensitizes neuroblastoma to the antitumor activity of temozolomide by modulating O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase expression. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:3852-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, IFN-beta and temozolomide may be a useful combination for treating children with this difficult disease. ..
- Osborne S, Detti L. GnRH-analogues for ovarian protection in childhood cancer patients: how adult hypotheses are relevant in prepubertal females. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:856-63 pubmed
- Mathew B, Hobrath J, Connelly M, Kiplin Guy R, Reynolds R. Diverse amide analogs of sulindac for cancer treatment and prevention. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4614-4621 pubmed publisher..Several new analogs identified may serve as anticancer lead candidates for further development. ..
- Schwartzberg L, Shiffman R, Tomita D, Stolshek B, Rossi G, Adamson R. A multicenter retrospective cohort study of practice patterns and clinical outcomes of the use of darbepoetin alfa and epoetin alfa for chemotherapy-induced anemia. Clin Ther. 2003;25:2781-96 pubmed..4%]). Darbepoetin alfa 200 microg q2wk was used as a standard regimen for CIA at the 16 US oncology practices participating in this study. It appeared to be as effective as epoetin alfa 40,000 U qwk, with a reduced frequency of dosing. ..
- Han X, Chesney R. Is TauT an anti-apoptotic gene?. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;583:59-67 pubmed
- Iacobucci I, Li Y, Roberts K, Dobson S, Kim J, Payne Turner D, et al. Truncating Erythropoietin Receptor Rearrangements in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:186-200 pubmed publisher..Expression of truncated EPOR in mouse B cell progenitors induced ALL inÂ vivo. Human leukemic cells with EPOR rearrangements were sensitive to JAK-STAT inhibition, suggesting a therapeutic option in high-risk ALL. ..
- Wolthers B, Frandsen T, Baruchel A, Attarbaschi A, Barzilai S, Colombini A, et al. Asparaginase-associated pancreatitis in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: an observational Ponte di Legno Toxicity Working Group study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1238-1248 pubmed publisher..A study of the genetic risk factors identifying patients in whom asparaginase exposure should be restricted is needed. The Danish Childhood Cancer Foundation and The Danish Cancer Society (R150-A10181). ..
- ..Their data suggest that SYK inhibition may be an effective therapy for a significant proportion of AMLs. ..
- Mandal B, Mittal N, Balabathula P, Thoma L, Wood G. Development and in vitro evaluation of core-shell type lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for the delivery of erlotinib in non-small cell lung cancer. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;81:162-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CSLPHNPs could be a potential delivery system for erlotinib in the therapy of NSCLC. ..
- Phoenix T, Patmore D, Boop S, Boulos N, Jacus M, Patel Y, et al. Medulloblastoma Genotype Dictates Blood Brain Barrier Phenotype. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:508-522 pubmed publisher..Thus, medulloblastoma genotype dictates tumor vessel phenotype, explaining in part the disparate prognoses among medulloblastoma subtypes and suggesting an approach to enhance the chemoresponsiveness of other brain tumors. ..
- Williams R, Sims T, Tracey L, Myers A, Ng C, Poppleton H, et al. Maturation of tumor vasculature by interferon-beta disrupts the vascular niche of glioma stem cells. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3301-8 pubmed
- Gotoh M, Fujiwara Y, Yue J, Liu J, Lee S, Fells J, et al. Controlling cancer through the autotaxin-lysophosphatidic acid receptor axis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2012;40:31-6 pubmed publisher..In the present article, we review some of the key findings that make the ATX-LPA signalling axis an emerging target for cancer therapy. ..
- Rodriguez Galindo C, Jeng M, Khuu P, McCarville M, Jeha S. Clofarabine in refractory Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;51:703-6 pubmed publisher..In this report we describe significant single agent activity of clofarabine in disseminated LCH refractory to salvage regimens, including cladribine. ..
- Slominski A, Janjetovic Z, Fuller B, Zmijewski M, Tuckey R, Nguyen M, et al. Products of vitamin D3 or 7-dehydrocholesterol metabolism by cytochrome P450scc show anti-leukemia effects, having low or absent calcemic activity. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9907 pubmed publisher..We identified novel secosteroids that are excellent candidates for anti-leukemia therapy with 20(OH)D3 deserving special attention because of its relatively high potency and lack of calcemic activity. ..
- Budde K, Zonnenberg B, Frost M, Cheung W, Urva S, Brechenmacher T, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of everolimus in patients with renal angiomyolipoma and tuberous sclerosis complex or lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;81:958-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that plasma angiogenic markers may provide an objective measure of patient response to everolimus. ..
- Rodriguez Galindo C, Navid F, Liu T, Billups C, Rao B, Krasin M. Prognostic factors for local and distant control in Ewing sarcoma family of tumors. Ann Oncol. 2008;19:814-20 pubmed..Successful treatment of ESFT requires optimal systemic and local therapy. Both treatment modalities are intertwined and the control of both local and distant disease is the result of the combined approach. ..
- Li F, Danquah M, Mahato R. Synthesis and characterization of amphiphilic lipopolymers for micellar drug delivery. Biomacromolecules. 2010;11:2610-20 pubmed publisher..Embelin loaded PEG-PCD micelles showed significant inhibition of C4-2 prostate cancer cell proliferation, while no obvious cellular toxicity was observed for blank micelles. ..
- Roberson J, Raju S, Shelso J, Pui C, Howard S. Diabetic ketoacidosis during therapy for pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:1207-12 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of DKA should not lead to alteration of ALL treatment. ..
- Gelfand M, Cleveland K, Brewer S. Rhodococcus equi pneumonia in a patient with fludarabine-treated chronic lymphocytic leukemia and CD4-lymphopenia. Am J Med Sci. 2010;340:80-1 pubmed publisher..The authors report the first case of a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia who developed R equi pneumonia after fludarabine therapy...
- Furman W, McGregor L, McCarville M, Onciu M, Davidoff A, Kovach S, et al. A single-arm pilot phase II study of gefitinib and irinotecan in children with newly diagnosed high-risk neuroblastoma. Invest New Drugs. 2012;30:1660-70 pubmed publisher..Initial investigational studies of this type can preclude the necessity for larger, longer, and costlier trials. ..
- Marada S, Stewart D, Bodeen W, Han Y, Ogden S. The unfolded protein response selectively targets active smoothened mutants. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2375-87 pubmed publisher..Wild-type Smoothened and physiological Hedgehog patterning were not affected, suggesting that UPR modulation may provide a novel therapeutic window to be evaluated for targeting active Smoothened mutants in disease. ..
- Skinner R. Imiquimod. Dermatol Clin. 2003;21:291-300 pubmed..Reports of successful imiquimod treatment of granuloma annulare, alopecia areata, and vitiligo might suggest an infectious etiology to those conditions, although this hypothesis is highly speculative. ..
- Green D, Kawashima T, Stovall M, Leisenring W, Sklar C, Mertens A, et al. Fertility of female survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2677-85 pubmed publisher..This large study demonstrated that fertility is decreased among female CCSS participants. The risk factors identified may be utilized for pretreatment counseling of patients and their parents. ..
- Gulley J, Rajan A, Spigel D, Iannotti N, Chandler J, Wong D, et al. Avelumab for patients with previously treated metastatic or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer (JAVELIN Solid Tumor): dose-expansion cohort of a multicentre, open-label, phase 1b trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:599-610 pubmed publisher..Avelumab showed an acceptable safety profile and antitumour activity in patients with progressive or treatment-resistant NSCLC, providing a rationale for further studies of avelumab in this disease setting. Merck KGaA and Pfizer. ..
- Han X, Patters A, Chesney R. Transcriptional repression of taurine transporter gene (TauT) by p53 in renal cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39266-73 pubmed..Mutation of this p53 consensus sequence abolished binding of p53. These results demonstrate that TauT may represent a downstream target gene of p53 that could link the roles of p53 in renal development and apoptosis. ..
- Nitiss J. Targeting DNA topoisomerase II in cancer chemotherapy. Nat Rev Cancer. 2009;9:338-50 pubmed publisher..These studies promise refined targeting of TOP2 as an effective anticancer strategy. ..
- Gajjar A, Pizer B. Role of high-dose chemotherapy for recurrent medulloblastoma and other CNS primitive neuroectodermal tumors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;54:649-51 pubmed publisher..2% were event free survivors. The outlook for previously irradiated patients with recurrent PNETs remains extremely poor and more effective therapeutic approaches are needed...
- Jensen L, Nitiss K, Rose A, Dong J, Zhou J, Hu T, et al. A novel mechanism of cell killing by anti-topoisomerase II bisdioxopiperazines. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2137-46 pubmed..The accumulation of closed clamp conformations of htop-II induced by ICRF-193 that are trapped on DNA might interfere with transcription, or other DNA metabolic processes, resulting in cell death. ..
- Pui C, Relling M, Evans W. Role of pharmacogenomics and pharmacodynamics in the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2002;15:741-56 pubmed..Increasingly, pharmacodynamic and pharmacogenomic studies are being used to individualize therapy to enhance efficacy and reduce toxicity. ..
- Easton J, Houghton P. Therapeutic potential of target of rapamycin inhibitors. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2004;8:551-64 pubmed
- Feau C, Arnold L, Kosinski A, Zhu F, Connelly M, Guy R. Novel flufenamic acid analogues as inhibitors of androgen receptor mediated transcription. ACS Chem Biol. 2009;4:834-43 pubmed publisher..Herein we describe the development of small molecule analogues of flufenamic acid that antagonize AR. This novel class of AR inhibitors binds to the hormone binding site, blocks AR transcription activity, and acts on AR target genes. ..
- Shook D, Coustan Smith E, Ribeiro R, Rubnitz J, Campana D. Minimal residual disease quantitation in acute myeloid leukemia. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma. 2009;9 Suppl 3:S281-5 pubmed publisher..Other clinically informative uses of MRD testing include the detection of early relapse and the evaluation of the efficacy of new antileukemic agents. ..
- Zhang F, Throm S, Murley L, Miller L, Steven Zatechka D, Kiplin Guy R, et al. MDM2 antagonist nutlin-3a reverses mitoxantrone resistance by inhibiting breast cancer resistance protein mediated drug transport. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:24-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies demonstrate that nutlin-3a inhibits BCRP efflux function, which consequently reverses BCRP-related drug resistance...
- Wright K, Green D, Daw N. Late effects of treatment for wilms tumor. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009;26:407-13 pubmed publisher..Careful medical and epidemiological monitoring of survivors can provide critical information to further optimize therapy while minimizing long-term sequelae. ..
- Shildkrot Y, Kirzhner M, Haik B, Qaddoumi I, Rodriguez Galindo C, Wilson M. The effect of cancer therapies on pediatric anophthalmic sockets. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:2480-6 pubmed publisher..The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Actis M, Inoue A, Evison B, Perry S, Punchihewa C, Fujii N. Small molecule inhibitors of PCNA/PIP-box interaction suppress translesion DNA synthesis. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:1972-7 pubmed publisher..PCNA inhibitors increased ?H2AX induction and cell viability reduction mediated by cisplatin. Taken together, these findings suggest that inhibitors of PCNA/PIP-box interaction could chemosensitize cells to cisplatin by inhibiting TLS. ..
- Zhou S, Morris J, Barnes Y, Lan L, Schuetz J, Sorrentino B. Bcrp1 gene expression is required for normal numbers of side population stem cells in mice, and confers relative protection to mitoxantrone in hematopoietic cells in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12339-44 pubmed..These results show that Bcrp1 gene expression alone defines the SP stem cell phenotype, and suggest that the physiological function of Bcrp1 expression in HSCs is to provide protection from cytotoxic substrates...