Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Locale: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Publications726 found, 100 shown here
- Tian Y, Li M, Fritzsch B, Zuo J. Creation of a transgenic mouse for hair-cell gene targeting by using a modified bacterial artificial chromosome containing Prestin. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:199-203 pubmed..This mouse will be useful for hair-cell-specific gene targeting. ..
- Pattarini R, Smeyne R, Morgan J. Temporal mRNA profiles of inflammatory mediators in the murine 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyrimidine model of Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience. 2007;145:654-68 pubmed
- Ji R, Cheng Y, Yue J, Yang J, Liu X, Chen H, et al. MicroRNA expression signature and antisense-mediated depletion reveal an essential role of MicroRNA in vascular neointimal lesion formation. Circ Res. 2007;100:1579-88 pubmed..MiRNAs may be a new therapeutic target for proliferative vascular diseases such as atherosclerosis, postangioplasty restenosis, transplantation arteriopathy, and stroke. ..
- He X, van Waardenburg R, Babaoglu K, Price A, Nitiss K, Nitiss J, et al. Mutation of a conserved active site residue converts tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase I into a DNA topoisomerase I-dependent poison. J Mol Biol. 2007;372:1070-81 pubmed..However, the distinct pattern of mutant Tdp1 activity evident in yeast cells, suggests a more severe defect in Tdp1H(432)N-catalyzed resolution of 3' phospho-adducts. ..
- Dietrich P, Shanmugasundaram R, Shuyu E, Dragatsis I. Congenital hydrocephalus associated with abnormal subcommissural organ in mice lacking huntingtin in Wnt1 cell lineages. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:142-50 pubmed publisher..Our results show that hydrocephalus in mice lacking htt in Wnt1 cell lineages is associated with increase in CSF production by the choroid plexus, and abnormal subcommissural organ. ..
- Ayrault O, Zindy F, Rehg J, Sherr C, Roussel M. Two tumor suppressors, p27Kip1 and patched-1, collaborate to prevent medulloblastoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:33-40 pubmed publisher..In this respect, this mouse medulloblastoma model recapitulates the vast majority of human medulloblastomas that do not sustain TP53 mutations and are not aneuploid. ..
- Yellaturu C, Deng X, Park E, Raghow R, Elam M. Insulin enhances the biogenesis of nuclear sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)-1c by posttranscriptional down-regulation of Insig-2A and its dissociation from SREBP cleavage-activating protein (SCAP).SREBP-1c complex. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31726-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, insulin-induced reduction in Insig-2a protein leads to an enhanced export of the SCAP.SREBP-1c complex from ER to the Golgi. ..
- Earls L, Bayazitov I, Fricke R, Berry R, Illingworth E, Mittleman G, et al. Dysregulation of presynaptic calcium and synaptic plasticity in a mouse model of 22q11 deletion syndrome. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15843-55 pubmed publisher..SERCA inhibitors rescued synaptic phenotypes of Df(16)1/+ mice. Thus, presynaptic SERCA2 upregulation may be a pathogenic event contributing to the cognitive symptoms of 22q11DS. ..
- Ding S, Wei W, Zhou F. Molecular and functional differences in voltage-activated sodium currents between GABA projection neurons and dopamine neurons in the substantia nigra. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:3019-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Na(V) channels expressed in fast-spiking SNr GABA neurons and slow-spiking SNc DA neurons are tailored to support their different spiking capabilities. ..
- Kandasamy K, Sahu G, Parthasarathi K. Real-time imaging reveals endothelium-mediated leukocyte retention in LPS-treated lung microvessels. Microvasc Res. 2012;83:323-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, endothelial mechanisms may themselves play a major role in LPS-induced leukocyte retention in lung microvessels. Blunting the endothelial responses may mitigate endotoxin-induced morbidity. ..
- Hines Beard J, Marchetta J, Gordon S, Chaum E, Geisert E, Rex T. A mouse model of ocular blast injury that induces closed globe anterior and posterior pole damage. Exp Eye Res. 2012;99:63-70 pubmed publisher..This is an important new model for testing the short-term and long-term spectrum of closed globe blast injuries and potential therapeutic interventions...
- Cline T, Karlsson E, Seufzer B, Schultz Cherry S. The hemagglutinin protein of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza viruses overcomes an early block in the replication cycle to promote productive replication in macrophages. J Virol. 2013;87:1411-9 pubmed publisher..The ability to productively replicate in macrophages is unique to H5N1 influenza viruses and may contribute to their increased pathogenesis. ..
- Teitz T, Inoue M, Valentine M, Zhu K, Rehg J, Zhao W, et al. Th-MYCN mice with caspase-8 deficiency develop advanced neuroblastoma with bone marrow metastasis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4086-97 pubmed publisher..Cytokine TGF-? can preferentially promote single cell motility and blood-borne metastasis and therefore activation of this pathway may explain the enhanced bone marrow metastasis observed in this animal model. ..
- Park S, Buck M, Desai C, Zhang X, Loginicheva E, Martinez J, et al. Autophagy Genes Enhance Murine Gammaherpesvirus 68 Reactivation from Latency by Preventing Virus-Induced Systemic Inflammation. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:91-101 pubmed publisher..Thus Atg genes in myeloid cells dampen virus-induced systemic inflammation, creating an environment that fosters efficient MHV68 reactivation from latency. ..
- Wall J, Buijs Wilts M, Arnold J, Wang W, White M, Jennings L, et al. A flow cytometric assay using mepacrine for study of uptake and release of platelet dense granule contents. Br J Haematol. 1995;89:380-5 pubmed..Flow cytometry provides an attractive alternative to aggregation and radioactive serotonin as methods to study defects in platelet dense granule function. ..
- Shen J, Carcaboso A, Hubbard K, Tagen M, Wynn H, Panetta J, et al. Compartment-specific roles of ATP-binding cassette transporters define differential topotecan distribution in brain parenchyma and cerebrospinal fluid. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5885-92 pubmed publisher..19, respectively. Our results suggest that Bcrp1 and P-gp transport topotecan into vCSF and out of brain parenchyma through the blood-brain barrier. These findings may help to improve pharmacologic strategies to treat brain tumors...
- Ye X, Terato K, Nakatani H, Cremer M, Yoo T. Monoclonal antibodies against bovine type IX collagen (LMW fragment): production, characterization, and use for immunohistochemical localization studies. J Histochem Cytochem. 1991;39:265-71 pubmed..This report demonstrates the relative ease of producing MAb to heterologous type IX collagen and the utility of these MAb for localizing type IX collagen in cartilage and cartilage-like tissues. ..
- Rettenmier C, Roussel M, Wheeler E, Sherr C. Requirements for transformation by the fms oncogene product (CSF-1 receptor). Princess Takamatsu Symp. 1986;17:211-8 pubmed
- Yi T, Mui A, Krystal G, Ihle J. Hematopoietic cell phosphatase associates with the interleukin-3 (IL-3) receptor beta chain and down-regulates IL-3-induced tyrosine phosphorylation and mitogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:7577-86 pubmed
- Witthuhn B, Quelle F, Silvennoinen O, Yi T, Tang B, Miura O, et al. JAK2 associates with the erythropoietin receptor and is tyrosine phosphorylated and activated following stimulation with erythropoietin. Cell. 1993;74:227-36 pubmed..The results support the hypothesis that JAK2 is the kinase that couples EPO binding to tyrosine phosphorylation and mitogenesis. ..
- Zhang B, Zhang Y, Collins C, Johnson D, Zheng Y. A built-in arginine finger triggers the self-stimulatory GTPase-activating activity of rho family GTPases. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:2609-12 pubmed..cerevisiae CDC42 led to phenotypes consistent with down-regulated CDC42 function. Thus, specific Rho family GTPases may utilize a built-in arginine finger, in addition to RhoGAPs, for negative regulation. ..
- Zhou S, Zong Y, Ney P, Nair G, Stewart C, Sorrentino B. Increased expression of the Abcg2 transporter during erythroid maturation plays a role in decreasing cellular protoporphyrin IX levels. Blood. 2005;105:2571-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that ABCG2 plays a role in regulating PPIX levels during erythroid differentiation and suggest a potential role for ABCG2 as a genetic determinant in erythropoietic protoporphyria...
- Nikulin V, Rakov I, De Los Angeles J, Mehta R, Boyd L, Feller D, et al. 1-Benzyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline-6,7-diols as novel affinity and photoaffinity probes for beta-adrenoceptor subtypes. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:1684-97 pubmed..Washout experiments on Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells expressing hu beta2-AR were helpful in identifying the isothiocyanate 18 and the azide 24 as very effective affinity and photoaffinity labels at this receptor subtype. ..
- Tadjali M, Zhou S, Rehg J, Sorrentino B. Prospective isolation of murine hematopoietic stem cells by expression of an Abcg2/GFP allele. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1556-63 pubmed..There was no HSC activity detected in Lin(-)/GFP(+) cells. Altogether, these results show that Abcg2 is expressed on essentially all murine BM HSCs and can be used as a prospective marker for HSC enrichment...
- Tian Y, Zhou R, Rehg J, Jackowski S. Role of phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase alpha in lung development. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:975-82 pubmed
- Vaithianathan T, Bukiya A, Liu J, Liu P, Asuncion Chin M, Fan Z, et al. Direct regulation of BK channels by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate as a novel signaling pathway. J Gen Physiol. 2008;132:13-28 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that endogenous PIP(2) directly activates vascular myocyte BK channels to control vascular tone. ..
- ..This review focuses on modulators of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), androgen receptor (AR), and pregnane X receptor (PXR). ..
- Alymova I, Watanabe M, Boyd K, Chand P, Babu Y, Portner A. Efficacy of the novel parainfluenza virus haemagglutinin-neuraminidase inhibitor BCX 2798 in mice - further evaluation. Antivir Ther. 2009;14:891-8 pubmed publisher..1 mg/kg/day administered 24 h after infection. BCX 2798 was effective in the prophylaxis of lethal and in the therapy of non-lethal parainfluenza virus infection in mice, suggesting further consideration of BCX 2798 for clinical trials. ..
- Weeks Gorospe J, Hurtig H, Iverson A, Schuneman M, Webby R, McCullers J, et al. Naturally occurring swine influenza A virus PB1-F2 phenotypes that contribute to superinfection with Gram-positive respiratory pathogens. J Virol. 2012;86:9035-43 pubmed publisher..These findings support efforts to increase influenza virus surveillance to consider viral genotypes that could be used to predict increased severity of superinfections with specific Gram-positive respiratory pathogens...
- Sullivan M, Gonzales A, Pires P, Bruhl A, Leo M, Li W, et al. Localized TRPA1 channel Ca2+ signals stimulated by reactive oxygen species promote cerebral artery dilation. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra2 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that in the cerebral circulation, lipid peroxidation metabolites generated by ROS activate Ca(2+) influx through TRPA1 channels in the endothelium of cerebral arteries to cause dilation. ..
- Morini E, Dietrich P, Salani M, Downs H, Wojtkiewicz G, Alli S, et al. Sensory and autonomic deficits in a new humanized mouse model of familial dysautonomia. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1116-28 pubmed publisher..This is the first mouse model that can be used to evaluate in vivo the therapeutic effect of increasing IKAP levels by correcting the underlying FD splicing defect. ..
- Vo B, Li C, Morgan M, Theurillat I, Finkelstein D, Wright S, et al. Inactivation of Ezh2 Upregulates Gfi1 and Drives Aggressive Myc-Driven Group 3 Medulloblastoma. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2907-2917 pubmed publisher..Although negative regulation of Gfi1 by Ezh2 may restrain MB development, Gfi1 activation can bypass these effects. ..
- Blundon J, Roy N, Teubner B, Yu J, Eom T, Sample K, et al. Restoring auditory cortex plasticity in adult mice by restricting thalamic adenosine signaling. Science. 2017;356:1352-1356 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, in adult mice, disrupting adenosine signaling in the thalamus rejuvenates plasticity in the auditory cortex and improves auditory perception. ..
- Mitchell M, Woods D, Wilcox S, Graves J, Bishop C. Marsupial Y chromosome encodes a homologue of the mouse Y-linked candidate spermatogenesis gene Ube1y. Nature. 1992;359:528-31 pubmed..This extreme conservation indicates that Ube1y plays a critical role in male development. ..
- Claro E, Wallace M, Fain J, Nair B, Patel T, Shanker G, et al. Altered phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C and adenylyl cyclase in brain cortical membranes of cats with GM1 and GM2 gangliosidosis. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1991;11:265-71 pubmed..These data suggest that the activation of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C in brain membranes by guanine nucleotide binding proteins is markedly impaired in GM1 and GM2 gangliosidoses...
- Fusco F, Chen Q, Lamoreaux W, Figueredo Cardenas G, Jiao Y, Coffman J, et al. Cellular localization of huntingtin in striatal and cortical neurons in rats: lack of correlation with neuronal vulnerability in Huntington's disease. J Neurosci. 1999;19:1189-202 pubmed..One possibility raised by our findings is that the HD mutation may render corticostriatal neurons destructive rather than render striatal neurons vulnerable. ..
- Yuzaki M, Connor J. Characterization of L-homocysteate-induced currents in Purkinje cells from wild-type and NMDA receptor knockout mice. J Neurophysiol. 1999;82:2820-6 pubmed
- Tomomura M, Fernandez Gonzales A, Yano R, Yuzaki M. Characterization of the apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase (AATYK) expressed in the CNS. Oncogene. 2001;20:1022-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that through its tyrosine kinase activity, AATYK is involved in the apoptosis of mature neurons. ..
- Adair Kirk T, Dorsey F, Cox J. Multiple cytoplasmic signals direct the intracellular trafficking of chicken kidney AE1 anion exchangers in MDCK cells. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:655-63 pubmed
- Li S, Boackle S, Holers V, Lambris J, Blatteis C. Complement component c5a is integral to the febrile response of mice to lipopolysaccharide. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2005;12:67-80 pubmed..The possibility that an inability to produce cytokines could account for the failure of C5-/- mice to develop a fever is not supported. ..
- Wang L, Kitai S, Xiang Z. Activity-dependent bidirectional modification of inhibitory synaptic transmission in rat subthalamic neurons. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7321-7 pubmed..This study is the first demonstration that activity-dependent bidirectional modifications of inhibitory synaptic transmission are attributable to bidirectional shifts of E(IPSP). ..
- Geng X, Lavado A, Lagutin O, Liu W, Oliver G. Expression of Six3 Opposite Strand (Six3OS) during mouse embryonic development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:252-7 pubmed..Our results show that Six3OS expression overlaps extensively with that of Six3 and is not altered in Six3-null embryos. ..
- Fagone P, Sriburi R, Ward Chapman C, Frank M, Wang J, Gunter C, et al. Phospholipid biosynthesis program underlying membrane expansion during B-lymphocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7591-605 pubmed..This work defines a genetic and biochemical program for membrane phospholipid biogenesis that correlates with an increase in the phospholipid components of the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments in LPS-stimulated B-cells. ..
- Huang D, Ayrault O, Hunt H, Taherbhoy A, Duda D, Scott D, et al. E2-RING expansion of the NEDD8 cascade confers specificity to cullin modification. Mol Cell. 2009;33:483-95 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies reveal the molecular basis for and functional importance of hierarchical expansion of the NEDD8 conjugation system in establishing selective CRL activation. ..
- Luque L, Bridges O, Mason J, Boyd K, Portner A, Russell C. Residues in the heptad repeat a region of the fusion protein modulate the virulence of Sendai virus in mice. J Virol. 2010;84:810-21 pubmed publisher..An understanding of how the F protein contributes to infection and inflammation in vivo may assist in the development of antiviral therapies against respiratory paramyxoviruses...
- Venesky M, Wassersug R, Parris M. Fungal pathogen changes the feeding kinematics of larval anurans. J Parasitol. 2010;96:552-7 pubmed publisher..Our data show explicitly how Bd infection reduces foraging efficiency of anuran tadpoles by altering feeding kinematics and elucidate a mechanistic link between the pathogen infection and reduced host fitness...
- Parthasarathi K. Endothelial connexin43 mediates acid-induced increases in pulmonary microvascular permeability. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L33-42 pubmed publisher..These data indicate for the first time that Cx43-dependent mechanisms mediate acid-induced increases in microvascular permeability. Cx43 may be a therapeutic target in acid injury. ..
- Kim T, Kleszczyński K, Janjetovic Z, Sweatman T, Lin Z, Li W, et al. Metabolism of melatonin and biological activity of intermediates of melatoninergic pathway in human skin cells. FASEB J. 2013;27:2742-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, melatonin and its metabolite AFMK stimulate differentiation in human epidermis, indicating their key role in building the skin barrier. ..
- Kandilci A, Surtel J, Janke L, Neale G, Terranova S, Grosveld G. Mapping of MN1 sequences necessary for myeloid transformation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61706 pubmed publisher..This collection of immediate MN1-responsive candidate genes distinguishes the leukemic activity from the in vitro myeloproliferative capacity of this oncoprotein. ..
- Liu Z, Liu Z, Walters B, Owen T, Kopan R, Zuo J. In vivo visualization of Notch1 proteolysis reveals the heterogeneity of Notch1 signaling activity in the mouse cochlea. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64903 pubmed publisher..Such heterogeneity should elucidate how the development of the cochclear sensory epithelium is precisely controlled and how HC regeneration can be best achieved in postnatal cochleae...
- Vo B, Wolf E, Kawauchi D, Gebhardt A, Rehg J, Finkelstein D, et al. The Interaction of Myc with Miz1 Defines Medulloblastoma Subgroup Identity. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:5-16 pubmed publisher..Target genes of Myc/Miz1 are repressed in human G3 MBs but not in other subgroups. Therefore, the Myc/Miz1 interaction is a defining hallmark of G3 MB development. ..
- Zwack E, Feeley E, Burton A, Hu B, Yamamoto M, Kanneganti T, et al. Guanylate Binding Proteins Regulate Inflammasome Activation in Response to Hyperinjected Yersinia Translocon Components. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that lysosomal damage by Yersinia translocon proteins promotes inflammasome activation and implicate GBPs as key regulators of this process. ..
- Sherr C. Mitogenic response to colony-stimulating factor 1. Trends Genet. 1991;7:398-402 pubmed..Targets of the delayed-early response include novel cyclin genes that may play a role in S phase commitment. ..
- Sah H. Stabilization of proteins against methylene chloride/water interface-induced denaturation and aggregation. J Control Release. 1999;58:143-51 pubmed..7 and 95.6%, respectively. This study substantiated that an adequate formulation could overcome denaturing effects of the methylene chloride/water interface upon a protein of interest to be encapsulated into microspheres. ..
- Ray R, Viar M, Yuan Q, Johnson L. Polyamine depletion delays apoptosis of rat intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C480-9 pubmed..The above results indicate that polyamine depletion delays the onset of apoptosis in IEC-6 cells and confers protection against DNA damaging agents, suggesting that polyamines might be involved in the caspase activating signal cascade...
- Doherty P, Riberdy J, Belz G. Quantitative analysis of the CD8+ T-cell response to readily eliminated and persistent viruses. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2000;355:1093-101 pubmed
- Belz G, Xie W, Doherty P. Diversity of epitope and cytokine profiles for primary and secondary influenza a virus-specific CD8+ T cell responses. J Immunol. 2001;166:4627-33 pubmed..The results for the K(b)PB1(703) epitope and the PB2(198) mimotope also provide a cautionary tale for those using the cytokine staining approach to identity antigenic peptides. ..
- Shen Y, Hendershot L. ERdj3, a stress-inducible endoplasmic reticulum DnaJ homologue, serves as a cofactor for BiP's interactions with unfolded substrates. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:40-50 pubmed..Moreover, our findings support a model where interactions with BiP help trigger the release of ERdj3 from the substrate:BiP complex. ..
- Li C, Dandridge K, Di A, Marrs K, Harris E, Roy K, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid inhibits cholera toxin-induced secretory diarrhea through CFTR-dependent protein interactions. J Exp Med. 2005;202:975-86 pubmed..Thus, LPA-rich foods may represent an alternative method of treating certain forms of diarrhea. ..
- Swanson D, Tong Y, Goldowitz D. Disruption of cerebellar granule cell development in the Pax6 mutant, Sey mouse. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;160:176-93 pubmed..Thus, through its guidance of granule cell development, Pax6 also has a strong influence on many of the cellular programs that guide the morphogenesis of the entire cerebellum. ..
- Gatzka M, Piekorz R, Moriggl R, Rawlings J, Ihle J. A role for STAT5A/B in protection of peripheral T-lymphocytes from postactivation apoptosis: insights from gene expression profiling. Cytokine. 2006;34:143-54 pubmed
- Wang D, Liu Z, Li Q, Karpurapu M, Kundumani Sridharan V, Cao H, et al. An essential role for gp130 in neointima formation following arterial injury. Circ Res. 2007;100:807-16 pubmed..Together, these observations for the first time suggest that IL-6/gp130/STAT-3 signaling plays an important role in vascular wall remodeling particularly in the settings of postangioplasty and thereby in neointima formation. ..
- Slominski A, Tobin D, Zmijewski M, Wortsman J, Paus R. Melatonin in the skin: synthesis, metabolism and functions. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2008;19:17-24 pubmed..In this way, melatonin actions may counteract or buffer both environmental and endogenous stressors to maintain skin integrity. ..
- Karlström A, Boyd K, English B, McCullers J. Treatment with protein synthesis inhibitors improves outcomes of secondary bacterial pneumonia after influenza. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:311-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that beta-lactam therapy may not be optimal as a first-line treatment for community-acquired pneumonia when it follows influenza. ..
- Lemon C, Margolskee R. Contribution of the T1r3 taste receptor to the response properties of central gustatory neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2009;101:2459-71 pubmed publisher..Neurons tuned toward sweet stimuli composed 34% of the WT sample but did not appear among KO cells. Input from T1r3-containing receptors critically guides the normal development of NTS neurons oriented toward sweet tastants. ..
- Westmoreland J, Kilic G, Sartain C, Sirma S, Blain J, Rehg J, et al. Pancreas-specific deletion of Prox1 affects development and disrupts homeostasis of the exocrine pancreas. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:999-1009.e6 pubmed publisher..During later stages of embryogenesis, Prox1 appears to regulate duct cell proliferation and morphogenesis. These findings identify Prox1 as an important regulator of pancreatic exocrine development. ..
- Yergeau D, Kelley C, Zhu H, Kuliyev E, Mead P. Forward genetic screens in Xenopus using transposon-mediated insertional mutagenesis. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;917:111-27 pubmed publisher..As each outcross of Xenopus tropicalis typically produces 2,000, or more, progeny, this method can be used to perform large-scale insertional mutagenesis screens in this highly tractable developmental model system...
- Lancaster C, Bruun G, Peer C, Mikkelsen T, Corydon T, Gibson A, et al. OATP1B1 polymorphism as a determinant of erythromycin disposition. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2012;92:642-50 pubmed publisher..0072). These results suggest that impairment of OATP1B1 function can alter erythromycin metabolism, independent of changes in CYP3A4 activity. ..
- Li L, Zhou F. Parallel dopamine D1 receptor activity dependence of l-Dopa-induced normal movement and dyskinesia in mice. Neuroscience. 2013;236:66-76 pubmed publisher..These results also indicate that l-dopa stimulated both normal and dyskinetic movements primarily via D1 receptor activation and that proper D1 agonism is potentially an efficacious therapy for PD motor deficits...
- Yoon S, Kayali G, Ali M, Webster R, Webby R, Ducatez M. A single amino acid at the hemagglutinin cleavage site contributes to the pathogenicity but not the transmission of Egyptian highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus in chickens. J Virol. 2013;87:4786-8 pubmed publisher..The R325G substitution significantly reduced pathogenicity without altering the transmission efficiency of HPAI H5N1 virus. ..
- North E, Scherman M, Bruhn D, Scarborough J, Maddox M, Jones V, et al. Design, synthesis and anti-tuberculosis activity of 1-adamantyl-3-heteroaryl ureas with improved in vitro pharmacokinetic properties. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:2587-99 pubmed publisher..This study produced lead isoxazole, oxadiazole and pyrazole substituted adamantyl ureas with improved in vitro PK profiles, increased selectivity and good anti-TB potencies with sub ?g/mL minimum inhibitory concentrations...
- Dong Q, Giorgianni F, Beranova Giorgianni S, Deng X, O Meally R, Bridges D, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase-3-mediated phosphorylation of serine 73 targets sterol response element binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c) for proteasomal degradation. Biosci Rep. 2015;36:e00284 pubmed publisher..We propose that GSK-3-mediated phosphorylation of serine 73Â in the rat SREBP-1c and its concomitant destabilization represents a novel mechanism involved in the inhibition of de novo lipid synthesis in the liver. ..
- Pfeffer L, Mullersman J, Pfeffer S, Murti A, Shi W, Yang C. STAT3 as an adapter to couple phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase to the IFNAR1 chain of the type I interferon receptor. Science. 1997;276:1418-20 pubmed..Thus, STAT3 acts as an adapter to couple another signaling pathway to the interferon receptor. ..
- Gu Z, Flemington C, Chittenden T, Zambetti G. ei24, a p53 response gene involved in growth suppression and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:233-41 pubmed..These results suggest that ei24 may play an important role in negative cell growth control by functioning as an apoptotic effector of p53 tumor suppressor activities. ..
- Marshall D, Turner S, Belz G, Wingo S, Andreansky S, Sangster M, et al. Measuring the diaspora for virus-specific CD8+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6313-8 pubmed..Any population of "resting" CD8(+) memory T cells is thus phenotypically heterogeneous, widely dispersed, and subject to broad homeostatic and local environmental effects irrespective of epitope specificity or magnitude. ..
- Scroggs R, Cardenas C, Whittaker J, Kitai S. Muscarine reduces calcium-dependent electrical activity in substantia nigra dopaminergic neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:2966-72 pubmed
- Zhang H, Huang Y, O Donnell J. Antagonism of the antidepressant-like effects of clenbuterol by central administration of beta-adrenergic antagonists in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003;170:102-7 pubmed..At present, it is not known what brain sites are involved in mediating such effects, although some recent evidence suggests the importance of the dorsal hippocampus...
- Zhang C, Yang J, Jennings L. Attenuation of neointima formation through the inhibition of DNA repair enzyme PARP-1 in balloon-injured rat carotid artery. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H659-66 pubmed..Targeting of the DNA repair enzyme might be a therapeutic strategy for restenosis. ..
- Ferkin M, Li H. A battery of olfactory-based screens for phenotyping the social and sexual behaviors of mice. Physiol Behav. 2005;85:489-99 pubmed
- Guan D, Lee J, Tkatch T, Surmeier D, Armstrong W, Foehring R. Expression and biophysical properties of Kv1 channels in supragranular neocortical pyramidal neurones. J Physiol. 2006;571:371-89 pubmed..Kv1 channels should also be important at voltages near threshold and corresponding to interspike intervals. ..
- Steketee J. Cortical mechanisms of cocaine sensitization. Crit Rev Neurobiol. 2005;17:69-86 pubmed..A model will be presented that may serve to direct future studies on the involvement of the mPFC in the development of cocaine sensitization, which ultimately could lead to development of pharmacotherapies for cocaine addiction. ..
- Hacker H, Karin M. Regulation and function of IKK and IKK-related kinases. Sci STKE. 2006;2006:re13 pubmed..Together, the IKKs and IKK-related kinases are instrumental for activation of the host defense system. This Review focuses on the functions of IKK and IKK-related kinases and the molecular mechanisms that regulate their activities. ..
- Ye X, Tang B, Ma Z, Zhou J, Myers L, Kang A, et al. The effects of interleukin-18 on rat articular chondrocytes: a study of mRNA expression and protein synthesis of proinflammatory substances. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;149:553-60 pubmed..These findings suggest further that IL-18 antagonists might prove beneficial as anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective agents in the treatment of arthritis, and that the development of such agents for human use is worth consideration...
- Xi Q, Adebiyi A, Zhao G, Chapman K, Waters C, Hassid A, et al. IP3 constricts cerebral arteries via IP3 receptor-mediated TRPC3 channel activation and independently of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ release. Circ Res. 2008;102:1118-26 pubmed publisher..The resulting membrane depolarization activates voltage-dependent Ca(2+) channels, leading to a myocyte [Ca(2+)](i) elevation, and vasoconstriction. ..
- Kansal R, Datta V, Aziz R, Abdeltawab N, Rowe S, Kotb M. Dissection of the molecular basis for hypervirulence of an in vivo-selected phenotype of the widely disseminated M1T1 strain of group A Streptococcus bacteria. J Infect Dis. 2010;201:855-65 pubmed publisher..Correction of the covS mutation in AP bacteria reverted them back to the WT phenotype. Our data confirm that covS plays a direct role in regulating GAS virulence. ..
- Whitt M. Generation of VSV pseudotypes using recombinant ?G-VSV for studies on virus entry, identification of entry inhibitors, and immune responses to vaccines. J Virol Methods. 2010;169:365-74 pubmed publisher..These protocols should allow any laboratory knowledgeable in general virological and cell culture techniques to produce successfully replication-restricted rVSV-?G pseudotypes for subsequent analysis. ..