Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Coventry, Rhode Island, United States
Locale: Coventry, Rhode Island, United States
Topic: signal transduction
- Domijan M, Brown P, Shulgin B, Rand D. PeTTSy: a computational tool for perturbation analysis of complex systems biology models. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17:124 pubmed publisher..With its unique set of tools it makes a valuable addition to the current library of sensitivity analysis toolboxes. We believe that this software will be of great use to the wider biological, systems biology and modelling communities. ..
- Witteveldt J, Blundell R, Maarleveld J, McFadden N, Evans D, Simmonds P. The influence of viral RNA secondary structure on interactions with innate host cell defences. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3314-29 pubmed publisher..This functional association provides novel insights into interactions between virus and host early after infection and provides evidence for a novel mechanism for evading intrinsic and innate immune responses. ..
- Clements D, Woodland H. VegT induces endoderm by a self-limiting mechanism and by changing the competence of cells to respond to TGF-beta signals. Dev Biol. 2003;258:454-63 pubmed..We propose that this change in regulation is a consequence of a VegT-induced repressor, inhibiting direct induction of early endoderm markers by VegT, and contributing to the formation of the boundary of the endodermal domain. ..
- Karteris E, Chen J, Randeva H. Expression of human prepro-orexin and signaling characteristics of orexin receptors in the male reproductive system. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1957-62 pubmed
- Masse K, Baldwin R, Barnett M, Jones E. X-epilectin: a novel epidermal fucolectin regulated by BMP signalling. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:1119-29 pubmed..We also show that X-epilectin expression is down-regulated by Noggin and tBR and that this effect is inhibited by BMP4 over-expression, suggesting X-epilectin expression is mediated by the BMP signalling pathway. ..
- Fosdike W, Smith T, Dalton H. Adventitious reactions of alkene monooxygenase reveal common reaction pathways and component interactions among bacterial hydrocarbon oxygenases. FEBS J. 2005;272:2661-9 pubmed
- Bennett M, Marchant A, Green H, May S, Ward S, Millner P, et al. Arabidopsis AUX1 gene: a permease-like regulator of root gravitropism. Science. 1996;273:948-50 pubmed..The cloned AUX1 gene can restore the auxin-responsiveness of transgenic aux1 roots. Spatially, AUX1 is expressed in root apical tissues that regulate root gravitropic curvature. ..
- Molostvov G, Fletcher S, Bland R, Zehnder D. Extracellular calcium-sensing receptor mediated signalling is involved in human vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and apoptosis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;22:413-22 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, stimulation of CaSR leads to activation of MEK1/ERK1,2 and PLC pathways and up-regulation of cell proliferation. CaSR-mediated PLC activation is important for SMC survival and protection against apoptosis. ..
- Goddard A, Ladds G, Forfar R, Davey J. Identification of Gnr1p, a negative regulator of G alpha signalling in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, and its complementation by human G beta subunits. Fungal Genet Biol. 2006;43:840-51 pubmed..Human G beta subunits complement the loss of Gnr1p, functioning as negative regulators of G alpha signalling in fission yeast. ..
- Matsoukas I, Massiah A, Thomas B. Starch metabolism and antiflorigenic signals modulate the juvenile-to-adult phase transition in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2013;36:1802-11 pubmed publisher..The role of carbohydrates may be in their capacity as nutrients, osmotic regulators, signalling molecules and/ or through their interaction with phytohormonal networks. ..
- Smith B, Hill C, Godfrey E, Rand D, van den Berg H, Thornton S, et al. Dual positive and negative regulation of GPCR signaling by GTP hydrolysis. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1151-60 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the kinetic model has revealed a dynamic network motif that shows precisely how inclusion of the inactive GTP-bound state for the Galpha produces this unimodal relationship. ..
- Tan B, Adya R, Shan X, Syed F, Lewandowski K, O Hare J, et al. Ex vivo and in vivo regulation of lipocalin-2, a novel adipokine, by insulin. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:129-31 pubmed publisher..Lipocalin-2 is upregulated by insulin via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. ..
- Rex M, Hilton E, Old R. Multiple interactions between maternally-activated signalling pathways control Xenopus nodal-related genes. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:217-26 pubmed
- Karteris E, Randeva H, Grammatopoulos D, Jaffe R, Hillhouse E. Expression and coupling characteristics of the CRH and orexin type 2 receptors in human fetal adrenals. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:4512-9 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into the components of the signal transduction machinery in human fetal adrenals and demonstrate for the first time the presence of functional orexin receptors outside of the CNS in humans. ..
- Barnett M, Seville R, Nijjar S, Old R, Jones E. Xenopus Enhancer of Zeste (XEZ); an anteriorly restricted polycomb gene with a role in neural patterning. Mech Dev. 2001;102:157-67 pubmed..Conversely, XEZ does not repress the forebrain marker Otx-2. XEZ overexpression results in a greatly thickened floor of the forebrain. These results implicate an important role for XEZ in the patterning of the nervous system. ..