Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reporter genes in Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Locale: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Topic: reporter genes
- Yeung K, Janosch P, McFerran B, Rose D, Mischak H, Sedivy J, et al. Mechanism of suppression of the Raf/MEK/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway by the raf kinase inhibitor protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3079-85 pubmed..The properties of RKIP reveal the specific sequestration of interacting components as a novel motif in the cell's repertoire for the regulation of signaling pathways. ..
- Padbury J, McGonnigal B, Tseng Y, Nguyen T, Stabila J. Cloning and sequence analysis of the rat norepinephrine transporter promoter. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;83:128-32 pubmed..These studies provide the basis for examination of transcriptional regulation of this gene and for understanding its temporal and tissue-specific modes of regulation. ..
- Yeung K, Rose D, Dhillon A, Yaros D, Gustafsson M, Chatterjee D, et al. Raf kinase inhibitor protein interacts with NF-kappaB-inducing kinase and TAK1 and inhibits NF-kappaB activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7207-17 pubmed..Since the MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways have physiologically distinct roles, the function of RKIP may be, in part, to coordinate the regulation of these pathways. ..
- Herbig U, Wei W, Dutriaux A, Jobling W, Sedivy J. Real-time imaging of transcriptional activation in live cells reveals rapid up-regulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor gene CDKN1A in replicative cellular senescence. Aging Cell. 2003;2:295-304 pubmed..Analysis by time-lapse microscopy of cultures approaching replicative senescence revealed that p21 levels rise abruptly in individual aging cells and remain elevated for extended periods of time. ..
- Chatterjee D, Bai Y, Wang Z, Beach S, Mott S, Roy R, et al. RKIP sensitizes prostate and breast cancer cells to drug-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17515-23 pubmed
- Wang X, Tang X, Li M, Marshall J, Mao Z. Regulation of neuroprotective activity of myocyte-enhancer factor 2 by cAMP-protein kinase A signaling pathway in neuronal survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16705-13 pubmed..This study identifies the transcription factor MEF2 as a target of cAMP-PKA pathway and demonstrates that PKA phosphorylation of MEF2 is a key step in modulating its DNA binding activity and ability to promote neuronal survival. ..
- Du J, Chen Q, Takemori H, Xu H. SIK2 can be activated by deprivation of nutrition and it inhibits expression of lipogenic genes in adipocytes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:531-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SIK2 also reduces the nuclear translocation of endogenous SREBP-1. Our results support a role for SIK2 in adipocyte energy metabolism. SIK2 may function similarly to AMPK for turning off lipogenesis in low-energy state. ..
- Flatt T, Heyland A, Rus F, Porpiglia E, Sherlock C, Yamamoto R, et al. Hormonal regulation of the humoral innate immune response in Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:2712-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that 20E and JH play major roles in the regulation of gene expression in response to immune challenge. ..
- Ellisor D, Koveal D, Hagan N, Brown A, Zervas M. Comparative analysis of conditional reporter alleles in the developing embryo and embryonic nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:475-89 pubmed publisher..Comparative analysis with the reporters elucidated complexities of how the Wnt1 and En1 lineages contribute to developing embryos and to axonal projection patterns of neurons derived from these lineages. ..