Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plasmids in Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Locale: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Yeung K, Janosch P, McFerran B, Rose D, Mischak H, Sedivy J, et al. Mechanism of suppression of the Raf/MEK/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway by the raf kinase inhibitor protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3079-85 pubmed..The properties of RKIP reveal the specific sequestration of interacting components as a novel motif in the cell's repertoire for the regulation of signaling pathways. ..
- Vila Sanjurjo A, Squires C, Dahlberg A. Isolation of kasugamycin resistant mutants in the 16 S ribosomal RNA of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1999;293:1-8 pubmed..Despite the universal conservation and functional importance of these residues, the results presented here show that the identity of the bases is not critical for ribosomal function. ..
- Yeung K, Rose D, Dhillon A, Yaros D, Gustafsson M, Chatterjee D, et al. Raf kinase inhibitor protein interacts with NF-kappaB-inducing kinase and TAK1 and inhibits NF-kappaB activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7207-17 pubmed..Since the MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways have physiologically distinct roles, the function of RKIP may be, in part, to coordinate the regulation of these pathways. ..
- Davis E, Musch M, Goldstein L. Transfection of an inducible trout anion exchanger (AE1) into HEK-EcR cells. J Exp Zool. 2002;293:46-57 pubmed..These results demonstrate the inducible expression of new anion transport membrane protein in HEK-293 cells. This is the first expression of trAE1 in a mammalian system. ..
- Chatterjee D, Bai Y, Wang Z, Beach S, Mott S, Roy R, et al. RKIP sensitizes prostate and breast cancer cells to drug-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17515-23 pubmed
- Gee G, Tsomaia N, Mierke D, Atwood W. Modeling a sialic acid binding pocket in the external loops of JC virus VP1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49172-6 pubmed..Molecular dynamics simulations were then used to build and confirm a model of the interaction between VP1 and the sialic acid component of the JCV receptor. ..
- Wang X, Tang X, Li M, Marshall J, Mao Z. Regulation of neuroprotective activity of myocyte-enhancer factor 2 by cAMP-protein kinase A signaling pathway in neuronal survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16705-13 pubmed..This study identifies the transcription factor MEF2 as a target of cAMP-PKA pathway and demonstrates that PKA phosphorylation of MEF2 is a key step in modulating its DNA binding activity and ability to promote neuronal survival. ..
- Zhang P, Chan J, Dragoi A, Gong X, Ivanov S, Li Z, et al. Activation of IKK by thymosin alpha1 requires the TRAF6 signalling pathway. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:531-7 pubmed..Thus, our study identifies T(alpha)1 as a unique activator of the TRAF6 signal pathway and provides a cohesive interpretation of the molecular basis of the therapeutic utility of T(alpha)1. ..
- Mulcahy L, Vaslet C, Nillni E. Prohormone-convertase 1 processing enhances post-Golgi sorting of prothyrotropin-releasing hormone-derived peptides. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39818-26 pubmed
- Zhou X, Li D, Resnick M, Behar J, Wands J, Cao W. Signaling in H2O2-induced increase in cell proliferation in Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinoma cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;339:218-27 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a low dose of H(2)O(2) increases cell proliferation. H(2)O(2)-induced increase in cell proliferation may depend on sequential activation of ERK2 MAPK, NF-?B1 p50, and NOX5-S. ..