Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nf kappa b in Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Locale: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Topic: nf kappa b
- Joshi A, Chung C, Song G, Lomas J, Priester R, Ayala A. NF-kappaB activation has tissue-specific effects on immune cell apoptosis during polymicrobial sepsis. Shock. 2002;18:380-6 pubmed
- Derdak Z, Fülöp P, Sabo E, Tavares R, Berthiaume E, Resnick M, et al. Enhanced colon tumor induction in uncoupling protein-2 deficient mice is associated with NF-kappaB activation and oxidative stress. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:956-61 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings provide the first in vivo evidence for a link between UCP2 and tumorigenesis and indicate the need for additional studies to assess the role of mitochondrial uncoupling in cancer development. ..
- Doughty L, Carlton S, Galen B, Cooma Ramberan I, Chung C, Ayala A. Activation of common antiviral pathways can potentiate inflammatory responses to septic shock. Shock. 2006;26:187-94 pubmed..These pathways may be critical to understanding the heightened morbidity and mortality from bacterial superinfection after viral infection in human disease. ..
- Rasoulpour R, Boekelheide K. NF-kappaB activation elicited by ionizing radiation is proapoptotic in testis. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:279-85 pubmed..These data indicate that, despite acting in an antiapoptotic manner in many tissue types, NF-kappaB is proapoptotic in modulating the germ cell response to ionizing radiation. ..
- Yeung K, Rose D, Dhillon A, Yaros D, Gustafsson M, Chatterjee D, et al. Raf kinase inhibitor protein interacts with NF-kappaB-inducing kinase and TAK1 and inhibits NF-kappaB activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7207-17 pubmed..Since the MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways have physiologically distinct roles, the function of RKIP may be, in part, to coordinate the regulation of these pathways. ..
- Grutkoski P, Graeber C, Ayala A, Simms H. Paracrine suppression of apoptosis by cytokine-stimulated neutrophils involves divergent regulation of NF-kappaB, Bcl-X(L), and Bak. Shock. 2002;17:47-54 pubmed..Together, we can conclude that IL-1beta- and IL-8-stimulated PMN have the ability to suppress PMN apoptosis in a paracrine manner, and that the extent and mechanism of suppression is specific for each. ..
- Rasoulpour R, Boekelheide K. NF-kappaB is activated in the rat testis following exposure to mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:479-86 pubmed..These results suggest that NF-kappaB is involved in the testicular response to MEHP-induced injury. ..
- Gong R, Rifai A, Tolbert E, Biswas P, Centracchio J, Dworkin L. Hepatocyte growth factor ameliorates renal interstitial inflammation in rat remnant kidney by modulating tubular expression of macrophage chemoattractant protein-1 and RANTES. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:2868-81 pubmed..These findings suggest that the beneficial effect of HGF in chronic renal disease is attributable, at least in part, to a direct anti-inflammatory action, likely via NF-kappaB, on tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Gong R, Rifai A, Dworkin L. Anti-inflammatory effect of hepatocyte growth factor in chronic kidney disease: targeting the inflamed vascular endothelium. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:2464-73 pubmed..These findings suggest that HGF has potent and direct anti-inflammatory effects on the basis of suppression of NF-kappaB activation and downstream endothelial inflammation. ..