Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cohort studies in Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Locale: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Topic: cohort studies
- Wen X, Triche E, Hogan J, Shenassa E, Buka S. Association between placental morphology and childhood systolic blood pressure. Hypertension. 2011;57:48-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that placental inefficiency, reflected by disproportionately large weight and size, predicts long-term blood pressure, whereas vascular resistance and lesions may only influence short-term blood pressure. ..
- Gong J, Savitz D, Stein C, Engel S. Maternal ethnicity and pre-eclampsia in New York City, 1995-2003. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2012;26:45-52 pubmed publisher..Our results should contribute to screening for pre-eclampsia taking ethnic variation into account, and may help to suggest leads for the study of the aetiology of the condition. ..
- Mayer K, Bush T, Henry K, Overton E, Hammer J, Richardson J, et al. Ongoing sexually transmitted disease acquisition and risk-taking behavior among US HIV-infected patients in primary care: implications for prevention interventions. Sex Transm Dis. 2012;39:1-7 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the need for frequent STD screening, prevention counseling, and substance abuse treatment for HIV-infected persons in care. ..
- Daniel L, Boergers J, Kopel S, Koinis Mitchell D. Missed sleep and asthma morbidity in urban children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012;109:41-6 pubmed publisher..Missed sleep may be more relevant to Latino families. Furthermore, anxiety may serve as a link between sleep and asthma morbidity because higher anxiety may exacerbate the effects of disrupted sleep on asthma. ..
- Sung V, Weitzen S, Sokol E, Rardin C, Myers D. Effect of patient age on increasing morbidity and mortality following urogynecologic surgery. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;194:1411-7 pubmed..0% vs 24.7%, P < .01). Although the absolute risk of death is low, elderly women have a higher risk of mortality and morbidity following urogynecologic surgery. ..
- Buka S, Cannon T, Torrey E, Yolken R. Maternal exposure to herpes simplex virus and risk of psychosis among adult offspring. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:809-15 pubmed..These results are consistent with a general model of risk resulting from enhanced maternal immune activation during pregnancy. ..
- Lacy M, Wellenius G, Carnethon M, Loucks E, Carson A, Luo X, et al. Racial Differences in the Performance of Existing Risk Prediction Models for Incident Type 2 Diabetes: The CARDIA Study. Diabetes Care. 2016;39:285-91 pubmed publisher..However, for all models examined, discrimination was better in whites than AA. Additional studies are needed to further improve diabetes risk prediction among AA. ..
- Hirko K, Spiegelman D, Barnett J, Cho E, Willett W, Hankinson S, et al. Dietary Patterns and Plasma Sex Hormones, Prolactin, and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin in Premenopausal Women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:791-8 pubmed publisher..Given the role of estrogens in breast cancer etiology, our findings add to the substantial evidence on the benefits of adhering to a healthy diet. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 25(5); 791-8. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Stephens B, Bann C, Watson V, Sheinkopf S, Peralta Carcelen M, Bodnar A, et al. Screening for autism spectrum disorders in extremely preterm infants. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2012;33:535-41 pubmed..The use of 3 screens for ASD in EPs results in higher screen positive rates than use of 1 screen alone. Diagnostic confirmation is needed before true rates of ASD in EPs are known. ..
- Resnik L, Borgia M. Responsiveness of outcome measures for upper limb prosthetic rehabilitation. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2016;40:96-108 pubmed publisher..Findings regarding the responsiveness to change over the course of training can inform clinicians about the amount of training that may be necessary to maximize specific outcomes with the DEKA Arm. ..
- Gill C, DeSilva M, Hamer D, Keyi X, Wilson I, Sabin L. Novel Approaches for Visualizing and Analyzing Dose-Timing Data from Electronic Drug Monitors, or "How the 'Broken Window' Theory Pertains to ART Adherence". AIDS Behav. 2015;19:2057-68 pubmed publisher..Notably, individuals who skip doses are more likely to mistime doses, with the degree of risk positively correlated with the extent of dose timing variability. ..
- Ventetuolo C, Mitra N, Wan F, Manichaikul A, Barr R, Johnson C, et al. Oestradiol metabolism and androgen receptor genotypes are associated with right ventricular function. Eur Respir J. 2016;47:553-63 pubmed publisher..The CYP1B1 SNP identified is in tight linkage disequilibrium with SNPs associated with pulmonary hypertension and oncogenesis, suggesting these pathways may underpin sexual dimorphism in RV failure. ..
- Sico J, Phipps M, Concato J, Brandt C, Wells C, Lo A, et al. Using Radiological Data to Estimate Ischemic Stroke Severity. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:792-8 pubmed publisher..Until administrative data routinely includes a valid measure of stroke severity, radiographic data may provide information for use in risk adjustment. ..
- Carpenter M, Canick J, Hogan J, Shellum C, Somers M, Star J. Amniotic fluid insulin at 14-20 weeks' gestation: association with later maternal glucose intolerance and birth macrosomia. Diabetes Care. 2001;24:1259-63 pubmed..Among gravidas with GCT values > 7.2 mmol/l, elevated early AF insulin concentration is associated with fetal macrosomia. Maternal glucose intolerance may affect fetal insulin production before 20 weeks' gestation. ..
- Keefe D, Franco S, Liu L, Trimarchi J, Cao B, Weitzen S, et al. Telomere length predicts embryo fragmentation after in vitro fertilization in women--toward a telomere theory of reproductive aging in women. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;192:1256-60; discussion 1260-1 pubmed
- Gozalo P, Miller S. Hospice enrollment and evaluation of its causal effect on hospitalization of dying nursing home patients. Health Serv Res. 2007;42:587-610 pubmed..However, even after adjusting for selection bias, hospice does have a powerful effect in reducing end-of-life hospitalization rates. ..
- Torti D, Christensen B, Storm C, Fortuny J, Perry A, Zens M, et al. Analgesic and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory use in relation to nonmelanoma skin cancer: a population-based case-control study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65:304-312 pubmed publisher..Risk of BCC was unrelated to NSAID use. Self-reported drug use was a limitation. This study supports the hypothesis that NSAIDs, aspirin in particular, may reduce risk of SCC and may affect specific molecular subtypes of SCC. ..
- Liu J, Yang H, Lee M, Jen C, Hu H, Lu S, et al. Alcohol Drinking Mediates the Association between Polymorphisms of ADH1B and ALDH2 and Hepatitis B-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:693-9 pubmed publisher..Future genetic studies of chronic hepatitis B and hepatocellular carcinoma must take mediation effects into consideration. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 25(4); 693-9. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Casarett D, Harrold J, Harris P, Bender L, Farrington S, Smither E, et al. Does Continuous Hospice Care Help Patients Remain at Home?. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:297-304 pubmed publisher..Use of continuous care on the day before death is associated with a significant reduction in the use of inpatient care on the last day of life, particularly when patients are cared for by a spouse. ..
- Kojic E, Cu Uvin S, Conley L, Bush T, Onyekwuluje J, Swan D, et al. Human papillomavirus infection and cytologic abnormalities of the anus and cervix among HIV-infected women in the study to understand the natural history of HIV/AIDS in the era of effective therapy (the SUN study). Sex Transm Dis. 2011;38:253-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the need for studies of anal cytologic screening of HIV-infected women. ..
- Kubiak D, Farmakiotis D, Arons V, Hollins R, Rostas S, Weiser L, et al. Utility of in-house fluconazole disk diffusion susceptibility testing in the treatment of candidemia. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;84:223-6 pubmed publisher..Clinical outcomes were not compromised in patients receiving E/P who were de-escalated to fluconazole for treatment of candidemia based on disk diffusion results. ..
- Karnik R, Lewis W, Miles P, Baker L. The effect of beta-blockade on heart rate recovery following exercise stress echocardiography. Prev Cardiol. 2008;11:26-8 pubmed..BBs do not affect HRR in patients with a negative ESE result, and HRR can be used for mortality prediction. In patients with a positive ESE result, HRR is improved in the presence of a BB. ..
- Hoffman L, Bann C, Higgins R, Vohr B. Developmental outcomes of extremely preterm infants born to adolescent mothers. Pediatrics. 2015;135:1082-92 pubmed publisher..These findings inform the need for comprehensive follow-up, coordinated care services, and behavior interventions for ELBW infants of adolescent mothers. ..
- Sung V, Rogers M, Myers D, Clark M. Impact of hospital and surgeon volumes on outcomes following pelvic reconstructive surgery in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:1778-83 pubmed..Differences in hospital and surgeon volumes of urogynecologic procedures may contribute to variations in mortality and morbidity risks. ..
- Dibble C, Shimbo D, Barr R, Bagiella E, Chahal H, Ventetuolo C, et al. Brachial artery diameter and the right ventricle: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis-right ventricle study. Chest. 2012;142:1399-1405 pubmed publisher..Changes in the systemic arterial circulation may have pathophysiologic links to pulmonary vascular dysfunction or abnormalities in RV perfusion. ..
- Wohlrab K, Erekson E, Korbly N, Drimbarean C, Rardin C, Sung V. The association between regional anesthesia and acute postoperative urinary retention in women undergoing outpatient midurethral sling procedures. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;200:571.e1-5 pubmed publisher..9-10.2) of acute postoperative urinary retention compared with women receiving nonregional anesthesia. Regional anesthesia is a risk factor for acute postoperative urinary retention following outpatient midurethral slings. ..
- Rabinowitz C, Egglin T, Beland M, Mayo Smith W. Outcomes in 74 patients with an appendicolith who did not undergo surgery: is follow-up imaging necessary?. Emerg Radiol. 2007;14:161-5 pubmed..An appendicolith may be a marker of increased risk for appendicitis but is not an indication for appendectomy. ..
- Fuchs K, Weitzen S, Wu L, Phipps M, Boardman L. Management of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2 in adolescent and young women. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2007;20:269-74 pubmed..Based on significant regression of CIN 2 among adolescent women, primary management in this population should consist of cytologic and colposcopic follow-up. ..
- Laptook A, Shankaran S, Ambalavanan N, Carlo W, McDonald S, Higgins R, et al. Outcome of term infants using apgar scores at 10 minutes following hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. Pediatrics. 2009;124:1619-26 pubmed publisher..Death or moderate/severe disability is common but not uniform with Apgar scores of <3; caution is needed before adopting a specific time interval to guide duration of resuscitation. ..
- Vohr B, Allan W, Westerveld M, Schneider K, Katz K, Makuch R, et al. School-age outcomes of very low birth weight infants in the indomethacin intraventricular hemorrhage prevention trial. Pediatrics. 2003;111:e340-6 pubmed
- Dennehy P, Goveia M, Dallas M, Heaton P. The integrated phase III safety profile of the pentavalent human-bovine (WC3) reassortant rotavirus vaccine. Int J Infect Dis. 2007;11 Suppl 2:S36-42 pubmed publisher..Fecal shedding of vaccine-virus strains occurred infrequently and in low amounts, suggesting the risk of transmission is unlikely. ..
- Lu B. Propensity score matching with time-dependent covariates. Biometrics. 2005;61:721-8 pubmed..Simulation studies also suggest that the statistical analysis after matching outperforms the analysis without matching in terms of both point and interval estimations. ..
- Sherman M, Raker C, Phipps M. Improving influenza vaccination rates in pregnant women. J Reprod Med. 2012;57:371-6 pubmed
- Teno J, Gozalo P, Bynum J, Leland N, Miller S, Morden N, et al. Change in end-of-life care for Medicare beneficiaries: site of death, place of care, and health care transitions in 2000, 2005, and 2009. JAMA. 2013;309:470-7 pubmed publisher..0%-14.3%). Among Medicare beneficiaries who died in 2009 and 2005 compared with 2000, a lower proportion died in an acute care hospital, although both ICU use and the rate of health care transitions increased in the last month of life. ..
- Stanchina M, Welicky L, Donat W, Lee D, Corrao W, Malhotra A. Impact of CPAP use and age on mortality in patients with combined COPD and obstructive sleep apnea: the overlap syndrome. J Clin Sleep Med. 2013;9:767-72 pubmed publisher..From a large outpatient cohort we aimed to define better the risk factors for increased mortality in the overlap syndrome and hypothesized that CPAP adherence would be associated with improved survival in patients with overlap syndrome...
- Coetzer M, Westley B, DeLong A, Tray C, Sophearin D, Nerrienet E, et al. Extensive drug resistance in HIV-infected Cambodian children who are undetected as failing first-line antiretroviral therapy by WHO 2010 guidelines. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2013;29:985-92 pubmed publisher..Affordable routine viral load monitoring allowing for early and more accurate treatment failure diagnosis is desperately needed in resource-limited settings. ..
- Castillo J, Winer E, Olszewski A. Population-based prognostic factors for survival in patients with Burkitt lymphoma: an analysis from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. Cancer. 2013;119:3672-9 pubmed publisher..Age, race, and stage have a prognostic role for survival. The proposed score can help inform prognosis in newly diagnosed patients and stratify participants in future trials. ..
- Chen W, Dunn R, Chen A, Linakis J. Epidemiology of nonfatal bicycle injuries presenting to United States emergency departments, 2001-2008. Acad Emerg Med. 2013;20:570-5 pubmed publisher..The frequency of MVC-related injuries deserves attention and suggests the need to examine strategies for limiting interactions between moving vehicles and bicyclists. ..
- Tarokh L, van Reen E, Acebo C, LEBOURGEOIS M, Seifer R, Fallone G, et al. Adolescence and parental history of alcoholism: insights from the sleep EEG. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012;36:1530-41 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to examine the sleep electroencephalogram (EEG) in alcohol-naïve, parental history positive (PH+), and negative (PH-) boys and girls...
- Fabre V, Wu H, Pondtor S, Coutinho H, Acosta L, Jiz M, et al. Tissue inhibitor of matrix-metalloprotease-1 predicts risk of hepatic fibrosis in human Schistosoma japonicum infection. J Infect Dis. 2011;203:707-14 pubmed publisher..Little is known regarding the mechanisms of schistosome-associated hepatic fibrosis in humans, and few biomarkers for risk of fibrosis have been identified...
- Oh A, Hoy E, Rogers G. Predictors of severity in deformational plagiocephaly. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20 Suppl 1:685-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the relationship between the severity of DP and certain risk factors can be quantified. The presence and degree of cervical imbalance correlate strongly with deformational cranial asymmetry. ..
- Oh W, Tyson J, Fanaroff A, Vohr B, Perritt R, Stoll B, et al. Association between peak serum bilirubin and neurodevelopmental outcomes in extremely low birth weight infants. Pediatrics. 2003;112:773-9 pubmed
- Crisco J, Fiore R, Beckwith J, Chu J, Brolinson P, Duma S, et al. Frequency and location of head impact exposures in individual collegiate football players. J Athl Train. 2010;45:549-59 pubmed publisher..Measuring head impact exposure is a critical step toward understanding the mechanism and prevention of sport-related mild traumatic brain (concussion) injury, as well as the possible effects of repeated subconcussive impacts...
- Smith S. Retention of traditional premedical students in a medical career pathway compared with students in a combined baccalaureate-medical degree program. J Natl Med Assoc. 1993;85:529-32 pubmed
- Li S, Cho E, Drucker A, Qureshi A, Li W. Alcohol intake and risk of rosacea in US women. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;76:1061-1067.e2 pubmed publisher..0006) were significantly associated with a higher risk of rosacea. This was an epidemiologic study without examination into etiologic mechanisms. Alcohol intake was significantly associated with an increased risk of rosacea in women. ..
- Napoli A, Machan J, Forcada A, Corl K, Gardiner F. Tissue oxygenation does not predict central venous oxygenation in emergency department patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. Acad Emerg Med. 2010;17:349-52 pubmed publisher..This study sought to determine whether tissue oxygenation (StO(2)) could be used as a surrogate for central venous oxygenation (ScVO(2)) in early goal-directed therapy (EGDT)...
- Greve M, Young D, Goss A, Degutis L. Skiing and snowboarding head injuries in 2 areas of the United States. Wilderness Environ Med. 2009;20:234-8 pubmed publisher..Regional differences in injury events were noted in that there were more fall-related head injuries and a higher incidence of collisions with fixed objects in the Northeast compared to Colorado. ..
- Chou K, Friedman J. Are atypical antipsychotics associated with a reduced risk of developing parkinsonism?. Nat Clin Pract Neurol. 2006;2:132-3 pubmed
- Kandoth C, McLellan M, Vandin F, Ye K, Niu B, Lu C, et al. Mutational landscape and significance across 12 major cancer types. Nature. 2013;502:333-339 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results lay the groundwork for developing new diagnostics and individualizing cancer treatment. ..
- Millenson M, Braun J, Calafat A, Barr D, Huang Y, Chen A, et al. Urinary organophosphate insecticide metabolite concentrations during pregnancy and children's interpersonal, communication, repetitive, and stereotypic behaviors at 8 years of age: The home study. Environ Res. 2017;157:9-16 pubmed publisher..89). In this cohort, prenatal urinary DAP concentrations were not associated with children's social behaviors; these associations were not modified by child PON1 genotype. ..
- Jeganathan J, Saraf R, Mahmood F, Pal A, Bhasin M, Huang T, et al. Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Atrial Tissue of Patients Developing Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1547-1555 pubmed publisher..0005) in the POAF group after cardiopulmonary bypass. Compared with patients without POAF, those with POAF demonstrated mitochondrial dysfunction at various levels that are suitable for potential pharmacotherapy. ..
- Shoaff J, Papandonatos G, Calafat A, Ye X, Chen A, Lanphear B, et al. Early-Life Phthalate Exposure and Adiposity at 8 Years of Age. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097008 pubmed publisher..Early-life phthalate exposure may influence child adiposity, but prior studies have not determined if there are periods of enhanced vulnerability to phthalates...
- Michaud D, Siddiq A, Cox D, Backes D, Calboli F, Sughrue M, et al. Mannose-binding lectin 2 gene and risk of adult glioma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61117 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to confirm these findings which may be due to chance, and if reproduced, to determine mechanisms that link glioma pathogenesis with the MBL complement pathway. ..
- Levy M, Artigas A, Phillips G, Rhodes A, Beale R, Osborn T, et al. Outcomes of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign in intensive care units in the USA and Europe: a prospective cohort study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012;12:919-24 pubmed publisher..The effect of ICU bed availability on outcomes in patients with severe sepsis and septic shock requires further investigation. ..
- McGowan C, Saha S, Chu G, Resnick M, Moss S. Intestinal necrosis due to sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kayexalate) in sorbitol. South Med J. 2009;102:493-7 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have documented bowel necrosis primarily in postoperative, dialysis, and transplant patients. We sought to identify additional clinical characteristics among patients with probable SPS-induced intestinal necrosis...
- Teno J, Gozalo P, Mitchell S, Kuo S, Fulton A, Mor V. Feeding tubes and the prevention or healing of pressure ulcers. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172:697-701 pubmed publisher..55-0.89]). Feeding tubes are not associated with prevention or improved healing of a pressure ulcer. Rather, our findings suggest that the use of PEG tube is associated with increased risk of pressure ulcers among NH residents with ACI. ..
- Donatelli J, Seidman L, Goldstein J, Tsuang M, Buka S. Children of parents with affective and nonaffective psychoses: a longitudinal study of behavior problems. Am J Psychiatry. 2010;167:1331-8 pubmed publisher..This risk varies by gender of the offspring. Implications for treatment of parents with psychotic disorders and high-risk children are discussed. ..
- Caskey M, Stephens B, Tucker R, Vohr B. Importance of parent talk on the development of preterm infant vocalizations. Pediatrics. 2011;128:910-6 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the powerful impact that parent talk has on the appearance and increment of vocalizations in preterm infants in the NICU. ..
- Venkatesh K, van der Straten A, Mayer K, Blanchard K, Ramjee G, Lurie M, et al. African women recently infected with HIV-1 and HSV-2 have increased risk of acquiring Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis in the Methods for Improving Reproductive Health in Africa trial. Sex Transm Dis. 2011;38:562-70 pubmed publisher..Proactive screening and treatment of these common cervical infections, particularly among those infected with HIV-1 and HSV-2, should be considered for young sexually active women in settings with a high prevalence of HIV/STIs. ..
- Nguyen U, Rothman K, Demissie S, Jackson D, Lang J, Ecker J. Epidural analgesia and risks of cesarean and operative vaginal deliveries in nulliparous and multiparous women. Matern Child Health J. 2010;14:705-712 pubmed publisher..6, 5.3) in multiparous women. Epidural anesthesia increases the risk for operative vaginal deliveries in both nulliparous and multiparous women, and increases risk for cesarean deliveries in nulliparous more so than in multiparous women...
- Harrington D, Phillips B, Machan J, Zacharias N, Velmahos G, Rosenblatt M, et al. Factors associated with survival following blunt chest trauma in older patients: results from a large regional trauma cooperative. Arch Surg. 2010;145:432-7 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that patient factors, injury patterns, and therapeutic interventions influence outcomes among older patients incurring traumatic chest injuries...
- Collins C, Elsaid K. Using an enhanced oral chemotherapy computerized provider order entry system to reduce prescribing errors and improve safety. Int J Qual Health Care. 2011;23:36-43 pubmed publisher..CPOE is effective in reducing prescribing errors of oral chemotherapy and should be considered part of a fail-safe process to improve safety. ..
- Resnick M, Konkin T, Routhier J, Sabo E, Pricolo V. Claudin-1 is a strong prognostic indicator in stage II colonic cancer: a tissue microarray study. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:511-8 pubmed..Loss of claudin-1 expression proved to be a strong predictor of disease recurrence and poor patient survival in stage II colon cancer. ..
- Elsaid K, Fleming B, Oksendahl H, Machan J, Fadale P, Hulstyn M, et al. Decreased lubricin concentrations and markers of joint inflammation in the synovial fluid of patients with anterior cruciate ligament injury. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:1707-15 pubmed publisher..The decrease in SF lubricin was associated with an increase in levels of inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Anderson B, Firnhaber C, Liu T, Swarts A, Siminya M, Ingersoll J, et al. Effect of trichomoniasis therapy on genital HIV viral burden among African women. Sex Transm Dis. 2012;39:638-42 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to test the hypothesis that treatment for trichomoniasis among HIV-infected women not taking antiretrovirals in South Africa would be associated with decreased HIV genital shedding...
- Rardin C, Erekson E, Sung V, Ward R, Myers D. Uterosacral colpopexy at the time of vaginal hysterectomy: comparison of laparoscopic and vaginal approaches. J Reprod Med. 2009;54:273-80 pubmed..To compare the risk of ureteral compromise and of recurrent vault prolapse following vaginal vs. laparoscopic uterosacral vault suspension at the time of vaginal hysterectomy...
- Yang A, Cheng Z, Pu H, Cheng N, Li H, Liu S, et al. Heavy Metal Assessment among Chinese Nonferrous Metal-exposed Workers from the Jinchang Cohort Study. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:530-534 pubmed publisher..Further studies should address the effects of heavy metals on human health...
- Beaudoin F, Haran J, Liebmann O. A comparison of ultrasound-guided three-in-one femoral nerve block versus parenteral opioids alone for analgesia in emergency department patients with hip fractures: a randomized controlled trial. Acad Emerg Med. 2013;20:584-91 pubmed publisher..Regional anesthesia has a role in the ED, and US-guided femoral nerve blocks for pain management in older adults with hip fractures should routinely be considered, particularly in cases of refractory or severe pain. ..
- Yap R, Mermel L. Micrococcus infection in patients receiving epoprostenol by continuous infusion. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2003;22:704-5 pubmed
- Losikoff P, Fichorova R, Snyder B, Rodriguez I, Cu Uvin S, Harwell J, et al. Genital tract interleukin-8 but not interleukin-1beta or interleukin-6 concentration is associated with bacterial vaginosis and its clearance in HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected women. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2007;2007:92307 pubmed publisher..Trends in cytokine levels were similar for HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected women. BV in these women was associated with significantly higher concentrations of genital tract IL-8 which decreased 2.4 fold when BV was cleared. ..
- Bourjeily G, Raker C, Chalhoub M, Miller M. Pregnancy and fetal outcomes of symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing. Eur Respir J. 2010;36:849-55 pubmed publisher..Symptoms of SDB are common in pregnancy and associated with a higher likelihood of gestational hypertensive disorders, gestational diabetes and unplanned Caesarean deliveries...
- Hunt J, Case B, Birmaher B, Stout R, Dickstein D, Yen S, et al. Irritability and elation in a large bipolar youth sample: relative symptom severity and clinical outcomes over 4 years. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:e110-7 pubmed publisher..Irritable-only youth were at similar risk for mania but at greater risk for depression compared with elated-only youth and youth who had both irritability and elation symptoms. ..
- Glogowska E, Schneider E, Maksimova Y, Schulz V, Lezon Geyda K, Wu J, et al. Novel mechanisms of PIEZO1 dysfunction in hereditary xerocytosis. Blood. 2017;130:1845-1856 pubmed publisher..These results extend the genetic heterogeneity observed in HX and indicate that various pathophysiologic mechanisms contribute to the HX phenotype. ..