Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transgenes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Condorelli G, Aycock J, Frati G, Napoli C. Mutated p21/WAF/CIP transgene overexpression reduces smooth muscle cell proliferation, macrophage deposition, oxidation-sensitive mechanisms, and restenosis in hypercholesterolemic apolipoprotein E knockout mice. FASEB J. 2001;15:2162-70 pubmed
- Wu T, Töpfer K, Lin S, Li H, Bian A, Zhou X, et al. Self-complementary AAVs induce more potent transgene product-specific immune responses compared to a single-stranded genome. Mol Ther. 2012;20:572-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the higher and more rapidly appearing amounts of transgene product achieved with scAAV vectors may increase detrimental immune responses in gene transfer recipients. ..
- Wang Y, Huang P, Ung A, Blendy J, Liu Chen L. Reduced expression of the ? opioid receptor in some, but not all, brain regions in mice with OPRM1 A112G. Neuroscience. 2012;205:178-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results provide some insights into the observed decreased clinical opioid potency in humans with the A118G SNP. ..
- Auluck P, Chan H, Trojanowski J, Lee V, Bonini N. Chaperone suppression of alpha-synuclein toxicity in a Drosophila model for Parkinson's disease. Science. 2002;295:865-8 pubmed..Furthermore, Lewy bodies in human postmortem tissue immunostained for molecular chaperones, also suggesting that chaperones may play a role in Parkinson's disease progression. ..
- Muthumani K, Zhang D, Hwang D, Kudchodkar S, Dayes N, Desai B, et al. Adenovirus encoding HIV-1 Vpr activates caspase 9 and induces apoptotic cell death in both p53 positive and negative human tumor cell lines. Oncogene. 2002;21:4613-25 pubmed..Such a vector may give insight into approaches designed to limit the growth of pathogenic human cells. ..
- Tato C, Villarino A, Caamano J, Boothby M, Hunter C. Inhibition of NF-kappa B activity in T and NK cells results in defective effector cell expansion and production of IFN-gamma required for resistance to Toxoplasma gondii. J Immunol. 2003;170:3139-46 pubmed..Together, these studies reveal that inhibition of NF-kappa B activity in T and NK cells results in defective effector cell expansion and production of IFN-gamma required for resistance to T. gondii. ..
- Koh K, Zheng X, Sehgal A. JETLAG resets the Drosophila circadian clock by promoting light-induced degradation of TIMELESS. Science. 2006;312:1809-12 pubmed..Our results suggest that JET is essential for resetting the clock by transmitting light signals from CRY to TIM. ..
- Kong J, Crissey M, Funakoshi S, Kreindler J, Lynch J. Ectopic Cdx2 expression in murine esophagus models an intermediate stage in the emergence of Barrett's esophagus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18280 pubmed publisher..These altered cells represent a transitional cell type between normal squamous and columnar BE cells. The K14-Cdx2 mice represent a useful model to study progression from squamous epithelium to BE...
- Chaudhary K, Donald R, Nishi M, Carter D, Ullman B, Roos D. Differential localization of alternatively spliced hypoxanthine-xanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase isoforms in Toxoplasma gondii. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22053-9 pubmed
- Basu A, Atchison M. CtBP levels control intergenic transcripts, PHO/YY1 DNA binding, and PcG recruitment to DNA. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:62-9 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which CtBP regulates expression of intergenic transcripts that controls DNA binding by PcG proteins and subsequent histone modifications and transcriptional activity. ..
- Uitto J, Pulkkinen L. The genodermatoses: candidate diseases for gene therapy. Hum Gene Ther. 2000;11:2267-75 pubmed..require careful prioritization depending on the type of mutations and their pathogenetic consequences at the mRNA and protein levels. ..
- Liu Y, Mingozzi F, Rodriguez Colon S, Joseph S, Dobrzynski E, Suzuki T, et al. Therapeutic levels of factor IX expression using a muscle-specific promoter and adeno-associated virus serotype 1 vector. Hum Gene Ther. 2004;15:783-92 pubmed..IX transgene product in mice with F.IX gene deletion, indicating that the risk of humoral immune responses remains in the context of an immunologically unfavorable mutation. ..
- Fujioka M, Miskiewicz P, Raj L, Gulledge A, Weir M, Goto T. Drosophila Paired regulates late even-skipped expression through a composite binding site for the paired domain and the homeodomain. Development. 1996;122:2697-707 pubmed..Mutagenesis of either binding site leads to significant reduction in the activity of the late element, indicating that both DNA-binding domains in the Paired protein are required for regulation. ..
- Milewski R, Chi N, Li J, Brown C, Lu M, Epstein J. Identification of minimal enhancer elements sufficient for Pax3 expression in neural crest and implication of Tead2 as a regulator of Pax3. Development. 2004;131:829-37 pubmed..In addition, a Tead2-Engrailed fusion protein is able to repress retinoic acid-induced Pax3 expression in P19 cells and in vivo. These results suggest that Tead2 is an endogenous activator of Pax3 in neural crest. ..
- Cantor J, Iliopoulos D, Rao A, Druck T, Semba S, Han S, et al. Epigenetic modulation of endogenous tumor suppressor expression in lung cancer xenografts suppresses tumorigenicity. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:24-31 pubmed..These preclinical studies show the therapeutic potential of restoration of tumor suppressor expression through epigenetic modulation and the promise of re-expressed tumor suppressors as markers and effectors of the responses. ..
- Guziewicz K, Zangerl B, Komaromy A, Iwabe S, Chiodo V, Boye S, et al. Recombinant AAV-mediated BEST1 transfer to the retinal pigment epithelium: analysis of serotype-dependent retinal effects. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75666 pubmed publisher..These encouraging studies with the rAAV2/2 vector lay the groundwork for development of gene augmentation therapy for human bestrophinopathies. ..
- Chen Y, Hunter Ensor M, Schotland P, Sehgal A. Alterations of per RNA in noncoding regions affect periodicity of circadian behavioral rhythms. J Biol Rhythms. 1998;13:364-79 pubmed..These data indicate that the appropriate regulation of per RNA expression, effected by transcriptional as well as posttranscriptional mechanisms, is critical for the determination of circadian period. ..
- Boudreau F, Rings E, Swain G, Sinclair A, Suh E, Silberg D, et al. A novel colonic repressor element regulates intestinal gene expression by interacting with Cux/CDP. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5467-78 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an intestinal gene can be repressed in the distal gut and identify Cux/CDP as a regulator of this repression during development. ..
- Nie Z, Wu J, Zhai J, Lin H, Ge W, Schlaepfer W, et al. Untranslated element in neurofilament mRNA has neuropathic effect on motor neurons of transgenic mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7662-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that neuropathic effects of overexpressing NF-L can occur at the level of transgene RNA and are mediated by sequences in the NF-L 3' UTR. ..
- McCorkell K, Mancini R, Siprashvili Z, Barnoski B, Iliopoulos D, Siracusa L, et al. Influence of a nonfragile FHIT transgene on murine tumor susceptibility. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2007;118:196-203 pubmed..It is likely that the FHIT transgene is more tightly silenced in female transgenic mice, leading to a lack of protection from tumor induction. ..
- Ousley A, Zafarullah K, Chen Y, Emerson M, Hickman L, Sehgal A. Conserved regions of the timeless (tim) clock gene in Drosophila analyzed through phylogenetic and functional studies. Genetics. 1998;148:815-25 pubmed..Deletion of the segment mentioned above resulted in very long activity rhythms with periods ranging from 30.5 to 48 hr...
- Yamazaki K, Boyse E, Bard J, Curran M, Kim D, Ross S, et al. Presence of mouse mammary tumor virus specifically alters the body odor of mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5612-5 pubmed..These observations, together with the prospect of artificial human odor discrimination, may aid in the search for early human diagnostics...
- Hunter C, Sun H, Poethig R. The Arabidopsis heterochronic gene ZIPPY is an ARGONAUTE family member. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1734-9 pubmed..In contrast to Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE1, ZIP has no significant role in transgene silencing; its primary function is in the regulation of developmental timing. ..
- Ho Y, Shewchuk B, Liebhaber S, Cooke N. Distinct chromatin configurations regulate the initiation and the maintenance of hGH gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1723-34 pubmed publisher..These observations contribute to our mechanistic understanding of how stable patterns of mammalian gene expression are established in a terminally differentiated cell. ..
- Choi J, Hoang N, Vilardi A, Conrad P, Emerson S, Gewirtz A. Hybrid HIV/MSCV LTR enhances transgene expression of lentiviral vectors in human CD34(+) hematopoietic cells. Stem Cells. 2001;19:236-46 pubmed
- Swain G, Prociuk M, Bagel J, O DONNELL P, Berger K, Drobatz K, et al. Adeno-associated virus serotypes 9 and rh10 mediate strong neuronal transduction of the dog brain. Gene Ther. 2014;21:28-36 pubmed publisher..These data are a prerequisite to evaluating the efficacy of recombinant AAV vectors carrying disease-modifying transgenes to treat naturally occurring canine models in preclinical studies of human CNS disease therapy. ..
- Watson M, Lagow R, Xu K, Zhang B, Bonini N. A drosophila model for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis reveals motor neuron damage by human SOD1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24972-81 pubmed publisher..These studies uncover cell-autonomous injury by SOD1 to motor neurons in vivo, as well as non-autonomous effects on glia, and provide the foundation for new insight into injury and protection of motor neurons in ALS. ..
- Favaro P, Finn J, Siner J, Wright J, High K, Arruda V. Safety of liver gene transfer following peripheral intravascular delivery of adeno-associated virus (AAV)-5 and AAV-6 in a large animal model. Hum Gene Ther. 2011;22:843-52 pubmed publisher..In contrast, AAV-5 exhibited relatively high amounts of vector DNA in tissues other than the liver. Together these data are useful to further define the safety and potential for clinical translation of these AAV vectors. ..
- Sekiguchi D, Eisenberg R, Weigert M. Secondary heavy chain rearrangement: a mechanism for generating anti-double-stranded DNA B cells. J Exp Med. 2003;197:27-39 pubmed..Genetic analysis associated this response with the generation of anti-dsDNA B cells through secondary rearrangements that replaced the site-directed transgene (sd-tg) with endogenous VH genes. ..
- Bell P, Wang L, Gao G, Haskins M, Tarantal A, McCarter R, et al. Inverse zonation of hepatocyte transduction with AAV vectors between mice and non-human primates. Mol Genet Metab. 2011;104:395-403 pubmed publisher..Based on the data in monkeys, adult humans treated with AAV vectors are predicted to also express transgenes predominantly in periportal regions whereas infants are likely to show a uniform transduction pattern in liver. ..
- Yoo E, Cooke N, Liebhaber S. An RNA-independent linkage of noncoding transcription to long-range enhancer function. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2020-9 pubmed publisher..These data extend our understanding of the relationship of long-range enhancer activity to enhancer-dependent noncoding transcription and establish a model that may be of general relevance to additional mammalian loci. ..
- Chen Roetling J, Lu X, Regan K, Regan R. A rapid fluorescent method to quantify neuronal loss after experimental intracerebral hemorrhage. J Neurosci Methods. 2013;216:128-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that loss of constitutive dTomato fluorescence is an accurate and efficient marker of neuronal loss in tissue surrounding a striatal hematoma. ..
- Tanis J, Ma Z, Krajacic P, He L, Foskett J, Lamitina T. CLHM-1 is a functionally conserved and conditionally toxic Ca2+-permeable ion channel in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12275-86 pubmed publisher..Our data show that CLHM-1 is a functionally conserved ion channel that plays an important but potentially toxic role in excitable cell function...
- Yang Y, Wilson J. CD40 ligand-dependent T cell activation: requirement of B7-CD28 signaling through CD40. Science. 1996;273:1862-4 pubmed..Thus, CD40L-dependent activation of T cells occurs through signaling of CD40 in the antigen-presenting cell to enhance requisite costimulatory pathways that include B7. ..
- Chang Y, Bosma M. Effect of different Ig transgenes on B cell differentiation in scid mice. Int Immunol. 1997;9:373-80 pubmed
- Petruk S, Sedkov Y, Smith S, Tillib S, Kraevski V, Nakamura T, et al. Trithorax and dCBP acting in a complex to maintain expression of a homeotic gene. Science. 2001;294:1331-4 pubmed..Thus Trx, dCBP, and Sbf1 are closely linked, physically and functionally, in the maintenance of Hox gene expression. ..
- Gunther E, Belka G, Wertheim G, Wang J, Hartman J, Boxer R, et al. A novel doxycycline-inducible system for the transgenic analysis of mammary gland biology. FASEB J. 2002;16:283-92 pubmed..This system offers new opportunities for the transgenic analysis of mammary gland biology in vivo. ..
- Vandenberghe L, Wilson J. AAV as an immunogen. Curr Gene Ther. 2007;7:325-33 pubmed..Overall, the underlying mechanisms remain the topic of scientific debate. This review aims to compile, confront and critically discuss the findings in which AAV appears to be an immunogen. ..
- Komaromy A, Alexander J, Cooper A, Chiodo V, Glushakova L, Acland G, et al. Targeting gene expression to cones with human cone opsin promoters in recombinant AAV. Gene Ther. 2008;15:1049-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that L/M cones, the predominant class of cone photoreceptors in the retinas of dogs and most mammalian species can be successfully targeted using the human red cone opsin promoter. ..
- Chan T, Funakoshi H, Song J, Zhang X, Wang J, Chung P, et al. Cardiac-restricted overexpression of the A(2A)-adenosine receptor in FVB mice transiently increases contractile performance and rescues the heart failure phenotype in mice overexpressing the A(1)-adenosine receptor. Clin Transl Sci. 2008;1:126-33 pubmed
- Zhou H, Huang C, Yang M, Landel C, Xia P, Liu Y, et al. Developing tTA transgenic rats for inducible and reversible gene expression. Int J Biol Sci. 2009;5:171-81 pubmed..The tTA transgenic rat allows for inducible and reversible gene expression in the rat; this important tool will be valuable in the development of genetic rat models of human diseases. ..
- Li X, Shao H, Junio A, Nolan T, Massey H, Pearce E, et al. Transgenesis in the parasitic nematode Strongyloides ratti. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;179:114-9 pubmed publisher..ratti, an important model organism for biological investigations of parasitic nematodes. Availability of the rat as a well-adapted laboratory host will facilitate derivation of transgenic lines of this parasite...
- Tatsis N, Tesema L, Robinson E, Giles Davis W, McCoy K, Gao G, et al. Chimpanzee-origin adenovirus vectors as vaccine carriers. Gene Ther. 2006;13:421-9 pubmed
- Jayan G, Cordelier P, Patel C, Bouhamdan M, Johnson R, Lisziewicz J, et al. SV40-derived vectors provide effective transgene expression and inhibition of HIV-1 using constitutive, conditional,and pol III promoters. Gene Ther. 2001;8:1033-42 pubmed..The versatility of this gene delivery system may prove to be useful in anti-HIV-1 therapeutics. ..
- Komaromy A, Alexander J, Rowlan J, Garcia M, Chiodo V, Kaya A, et al. Gene therapy rescues cone function in congenital achromatopsia. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2581-93 pubmed publisher..Our results hold promise for future clinical trials of cone-directed gene therapy in achromatopsia and other cone-specific disorders...
- Notidis E, Heltemes L, Manser T. Dominant, hierarchical induction of peripheral tolerance during foreign antigen-driven B cell development. Immunity. 2002;17:317-27 pubmed
- Heltemes Harris L, Liu X, Manser T. An antibody VH gene that promotes marginal zone B cell development and heavy chain allelic inclusion. Int Immunol. 2005;17:1447-61 pubmed..We discuss these data in the context of previous findings on the influence of Ig H chain structure on primary B cell development. ..
- Li D, Guang W, Abuzeid W, Roy S, Gao G, Sauk J, et al. Novel adenoviral gene delivery system targeted against head and neck cancer. Laryngoscope. 2008;118:650-8 pubmed publisher..The enhanced targeting achieved with Ad5-Flag-LDS highlights a potential strategy for clinically applicable targeted gene therapy against HNSCC or any tumor type expressing Hsp47. ..
- Liu X, Li Y, Shinton S, Rhodes J, Tang L, Feng H, et al. Zebrafish B Cell Development without a Pre-B Cell Stage, Revealed by CD79 Fluorescence Reporter Transgenes. J Immunol. 2017;199:1706-1715 pubmed publisher..This confirmed a conserved role for CD79 in B cell development and differentiation, without the requirement of a pre-B cell stage in zebrafish. ..
- Roy S, Medina Jaszek A, Wilson M, Sandhu A, Calcedo R, Lin J, et al. Creation of a panel of vectors based on ape adenovirus isolates. J Gene Med. 2011;13:17-25 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of pre-existing antibodies that can neutralize these adenoviruses in human populations is low. ..
- Sim X, Cardenas Diaz F, French D, Gadue P. A Doxycycline-Inducible System for Genetic Correction of iPSC Disease Models. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1353:13-23 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this protocol is also compatible with the use of Transcription-Activator-Like Effector Nucleases (TALENs) or Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)-Cas9 system in place of ZFNs. ..
- Gao G, Lebherz C, Weiner D, Grant R, Calcedo R, McCullough B, et al. Erythropoietin gene therapy leads to autoimmune anemia in macaques. Blood. 2004;103:3300-2 pubmed..However, severe anemia ensued in some animals because of an autoimmune response to endogenous and transgene derived EPO. This is the first example of gene therapy leading to inadvertent auto-immunity in primates. ..
- Massey H, Bhopale M, Li X, Castelletto M, Lok J. The fork head transcription factor FKTF-1b from Strongyloides stercoralis restores DAF-16 developmental function to mutant Caenorhabditis elegans. Int J Parasitol. 2006;36:347-52 pubmed..This indicates that, unlike FKTF-1b, the S. stercoralis transcription factor FKTF-1a cannot trigger the shift to dauer-specific gene expression in C. elegans. ..
- Louboutin J, Chekmasova A, Marusich E, Chowdhury J, Strayer D. Efficient CNS gene delivery by intravenous injection. Nat Methods. 2010;7:905-7 pubmed publisher..Intravenous injection of rSV40s, particularly with mannitol pretreatment, resulted in extensive expression of multiple transgenes throughout the CNS. ..
- Wang L, Cao O, Swalm B, Dobrzynski E, Mingozzi F, Herzog R. Major role of local immune responses in antibody formation to factor IX in AAV gene transfer. Gene Ther. 2005;12:1453-64 pubmed..IX. In summary, the data document substantial influence of target tissue, local antigen presentation, and antigen levels on lymphocyte responses to F.IX. ..
- Chen Y, Yan J, Keeshan K, Tubbs A, Wang H, Silva A, et al. The tumor suppressor menin regulates hematopoiesis and myeloid transformation by influencing Hox gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1018-23 pubmed..These studies uncover an important role for menin in both normal hematopoiesis and myeloid transformation and provide a mechanistic understanding of menin's function in these processes that may be used for therapy. ..
- Stein P. Microinjection of plasmids into meiotically incompetent mouse oocytes. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2009;2009:pdb.prot5135 pubmed publisher..Microinjected oocytes can be cultured for up to 2 d. The efficiency of knockdown by RNAi can be assayed by quantitative reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR (qPCR). ..
- Shao H, Li X, Nolan T, Massey H, Pearce E, Lok J. Transposon-mediated chromosomal integration of transgenes in the parasitic nematode Strongyloides ratti and establishment of stable transgenic lines. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002871 pubmed publisher..ratti genome revealed integrations in five contigs. This result provides the basis for two powerful functional genomic tools in S. ratti: heritable transgenesis and insertional mutagenesis...
- Pugach M, Suggs C, Li Y, Wright J, Kulkarni A, Bartlett J, et al. M180 amelogenin processed by MMP20 is sufficient for decussating murine enamel. J Dent Res. 2013;92:1118-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that among amelogenins, M180 alone is sufficient for normal enamel mechanical properties and prism patterns, but that additional amelogenin splice products are required to restore enamel thickness. ..
- Knott J, Kurokawa M, Fissore R, Schultz R, Williams C. Transgenic RNA interference reveals role for mouse sperm phospholipase Czeta in triggering Ca2+ oscillations during fertilization. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:992-6 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that PLCzeta is the physiological trigger of Ca(2+) oscillations required for activation of development. ..
- Jacenko O, Chan D, Franklin A, Ito S, Underhill C, Bateman J, et al. A dominant interference collagen X mutation disrupts hypertrophic chondrocyte pericellular matrix and glycosaminoglycan and proteoglycan distribution in transgenic mice. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:2257-69 pubmed..A provocative hypothesis links the disruption of the collagen X pericellular network and GAG/PG decompartmentalization to the potential locus for hematopoietic failure in the collagen X mice. ..
- Trani J, Moore D, Jarrett B, Markmann J, Lee M, Singer A, et al. CD25+ immunoregulatory CD4 T cells mediate acquired central transplantation tolerance. J Immunol. 2003;170:279-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that both clonal frequency reduction in the thymus and immunoregulatory T cells exported from the thymus are critical to transplantation tolerance induced by intrathymic Ag inoculation. ..
- Lin H, Zhai J, Canete Soler R, Schlaepfer W. 3' untranslated region in a light neurofilament (NF-L) mRNA triggers aggregation of NF-L and mutant superoxide dismutase 1 proteins in neuronal cells. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2716-26 pubmed
- Stefan M, Claiborn K, Stasiek E, Chai J, Ohta T, Longnecker R, et al. Genetic mapping of putative Chrna7 and Luzp2 neuronal transcriptional enhancers due to impact of a transgene-insertion and 6.8 Mb deletion in a mouse model of Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:157 pubmed..In this study, we define the deletion endpoints and examine the impact on expression of flanking genes...
- Louboutin J, Liu B, Chekmasova A, Reyes B, Van Bockstaele E, Strayer D. Delivering genes to the organ-localized immune system: long-term results of direct intramarrow transduction. J Gene Med. 2007;9:843-51 pubmed
- Gibson C, Li Y, Suggs C, Kuehl M, Pugach M, Kulkarni A, et al. Rescue of the murine amelogenin null phenotype with two amelogenin transgenes. Eur J Oral Sci. 2011;119 Suppl 1:70-4 pubmed publisher..Together, the two most abundant amelogenins lead to the formation of obvious enamel decussation patterns. ..
- Ho Y, Elefant F, Cooke N, Liebhaber S. A defined locus control region determinant links chromatin domain acetylation with long-range gene activation. Mol Cell. 2002;9:291-302 pubmed..These data support a model for long-range gene activation via LCR-mediated targeting and extensive spreading of core histone acetylation. ..
- Su Y, Balice Gordon R, Hess D, Landsman D, Minarcik J, Golden J, et al. Neurobeachin is essential for neuromuscular synaptic transmission. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3627-36 pubmed..These findings support an essential role for neurobeachin in evoked neurotransmitter release at neuromuscular junctions and suggest that it plays an important role in synaptic transmission. ..
- Lymperopoulos A, Rengo G, Zincarelli C, Soltys S, Koch W. Modulation of adrenal catecholamine secretion by in vivo gene transfer and manipulation of G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 activity. Mol Ther. 2008;16:302-7 pubmed publisher..These results not only indicate that in vivo adrenal gene transfer is an effective way of manipulating adrenal gland signalling, but also identify GRK2 as a critically important molecule involved in CA secretion. ..
- Koh K, Joiner W, Wu M, Yue Z, Smith C, Sehgal A. Identification of SLEEPLESS, a sleep-promoting factor. Science. 2008;321:372-6 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this finding, Shaker protein levels were reduced in sleepless mutants. We propose that SLEEPLESS is a signaling molecule that connects sleep drive to lowered membrane excitability. ..
- Ahn K, Passero F, Crenshaw E. Otic mesenchyme expression of Cre recombinase directed by the inner ear enhancer of the Brn4/Pou3f4 gene. Genesis. 2009;47:137-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, this Cre pedigree can induce conditional rearrangement of genes in the otic mesenchyme, and will serve as a powerful genetic tool to characterize the function of genes in the mesenchymal tissues of the inner ear. ..
- Garabedian M, Jarnik M, Kotova E, Tulin A. Generating a knockdown transgene against Drosophila heterochromatic Tim17b gene encoding mitochondrial translocase subunit. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25945 pubmed publisher..These results confirm that we have developed comprehensive tools to study functions of heterochromatic Tim17b gene. ..
- Newhart A, Rafalska Metcalf I, Yang T, Negorev D, Janicki S. Single-cell analysis of Daxx and ATRX-dependent transcriptional repression. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5489-501 pubmed publisher..3 is similarly recruited and unincorporated into the chromatin. Therefore, this study has important implications for understanding gene silencing, viral latency and PML-NB/ND10 function. ..
- Faust S, Bell P, Cutler B, Ashley S, Zhu Y, Rabinowitz J, et al. CpG-depleted adeno-associated virus vectors evade immune detection. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2994-3001 pubmed publisher..Thus, CpG-depleted AAV vectors could improve outcome of clinical trials of gene therapy for skeletal muscle disease. ..
- Pomozi V, Brampton C, van de Wetering K, Zoll J, Calio B, Pham K, et al. Pyrophosphate Supplementation Prevents Chronic and Acute Calcification in ABCC6-Deficient Mice. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1258-1272 pubmed publisher..Our work indicates that PPi substitution represents a promising strategy to treat ABCC6-dependent calcification disorders. ..
- Lau L, Spain L. Altered aging-related thymic involution in T cell receptor transgenic, MHC-deficient, and CD4-deficient mice. Mech Ageing Dev. 2000;114:101-21 pubmed..Furthermore, these results suggest that the T cell repertoire and/or its development play a role in aging-related thymic involution. ..
- Xiong Z, Yan Y, Song J, Fang P, Yin Y, Yang Y, et al. Expression of TCTP antisense in CD25(high) regulatory T cells aggravates cuff-injured vascular inflammation. Atherosclerosis. 2009;203:401-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the modulation of Tregs apoptosis/survival may be used as a new therapeutic approach for inflammatory cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Chen M, Li Y, De Obaldia M, Yang Q, Yzaguirre A, Yamada Inagawa T, et al. Erythroid/myeloid progenitors and hematopoietic stem cells originate from distinct populations of endothelial cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;9:541-52 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that EMPs and HSCs differentiate from distinct populations of hemogenic endothelial cells, with Ly6a expression specifically marking the HSC-generating hemogenic endothelium...
- Luo Y, Kostetskii I, Radice G. N-cadherin is not essential for limb mesenchymal chondrogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:336-44 pubmed..We postulate that another cell adhesion molecule, possibly cadherin-11, is responsible for chondrogenesis in the N-cadherin-deficient limb. ..
- Junio A, Li X, Massey H, Nolan T, Todd Lamitina S, Sundaram M, et al. Strongyloides stercoralis: cell- and tissue-specific transgene expression and co-transformation with vector constructs incorporating a common multifunctional 3' UTR. Exp Parasitol. 2008;118:253-65 pubmed..We have developed a vector "toolkit" for S. stercoralis including constructs with the Ss era-1 3' UTR and each of the promoters described above...
- Hashiguchi M, Mullins M. Anteroposterior and dorsoventral patterning are coordinated by an identical patterning clock. Development. 2013;140:1970-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, DV and AP patterning are intimately coordinated to allow cells to acquire both positional and temporal information simultaneously. ..
- DuHadaway J, Sakamuro D, Ewert D, Prendergast G. Bin1 mediates apoptosis by c-Myc in transformed primary cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:3151-6 pubmed..Loss of Bin1 in human tumors may promote malignant progression in part by helping to stanch the death penalty associated with c-Myc activation. ..
- Fitzgerald J, Gao G, Reyes Sandoval A, Pavlakis G, Xiang Z, Wlazlo A, et al. A simian replication-defective adenoviral recombinant vaccine to HIV-1 gag. J Immunol. 2003;170:1416-22 pubmed..However, the response elicited by the AdHu5 vaccine is greatly attenuated in AdHu5 preimmune animals...
- Campbell M, Gress C, Appleman E, Jacenko O. Chicken collagen X regulatory sequences restrict transgene expression to hypertrophic cartilage in mice. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:487-99 pubmed..Moreover, the 4.7-kb hypertrophic cartilage-specific promoter could be used for targeting transgenes to this tissue site in mice. ..
- Little S, Mullins M. Twisted gastrulation promotes BMP signaling in zebrafish dorsal-ventral axial patterning. Development. 2004;131:5825-35 pubmed..Our results support a model in which zebrafish Tsg1 promotes BMP signaling, and thus ventral cell fates, during DV axial patterning. ..
- Hatini V, Green R, Lengyel J, Bray S, Dinardo S. The Drumstick/Lines/Bowl regulatory pathway links antagonistic Hedgehog and Wingless signaling inputs to epidermal cell differentiation. Genes Dev. 2005;19:709-18 pubmed..Thus, in all these developmental contexts, including the embryonic epidermis, the novel molecular regulatory pathway defined here is deployed in order to elaborate pattern across a field of cells. ..
- Gandy S, Zhang Y, Ikin A, Schmidt S, Bogush A, Levy E, et al. Alzheimer's presenilin 1 modulates sorting of APP and its carboxyl-terminal fragments in cerebral neurons in vivo. J Neurochem. 2007;102:619-26 pubmed..The chimera experiment suggests that TGN-enrichment of a beta-/gamma-secretase substrate may play an integral role in the action of mutant PS1 to elevate brain levels of Abeta42. ..
- Petruk S, Smith S, Sedkov Y, Mazo A. Association of trxG and PcG proteins with the bxd maintenance element depends on transcriptional activity. Development. 2008;135:2383-90 pubmed publisher..There is, however, no overall synergism or antagonism between and within the trxG and PcG proteins and, instead, only subsets of trxG proteins act synergistically. ..
- Bland M, Lee R, Magallanes J, Foskett J, Birnbaum M. AMPK supports growth in Drosophila by regulating muscle activity and nutrient uptake in the gut. Dev Biol. 2010;344:293-303 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that in Drosophila, AMPK performs an essential cell-nonautonomous function, serving the needs of the organism by promoting activity of the visceral musculature and, consequently, nutrient intake. ..