Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence alignment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: sequence alignment
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Li X, Inoue M, Reed D, Huque T, Puchalski R, Tordoff M, et al. High-resolution genetic mapping of the saccharin preference locus (Sac) and the putative sweet taste receptor (T1R1) gene (Gpr70) to mouse distal Chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:13-6 pubmed..B6-Sac partially congenic mice originating from these two strains. The Gpr70 gene maps proximal to Sac, which demonstrates that they are different loci. ..
- Mukhtar M, Harley S, Chen P, Bouhamdan M, Patel C, Acheampong E, et al. Primary isolated human brain microvascular endothelial cells express diverse HIV/SIV-associated chemokine coreceptors and DC-SIGN and L-SIGN. Virology. 2002;297:78-88 pubmed..These data will assist in further understanding lentiviral entry into the CNS. ..
- Marmorstein R. Structure of SET domain proteins: a new twist on histone methylation. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:59-62 pubmed
- Mackler S, Homan Y, Korutla L, Conti A, Blendy J. The mouse nac1 gene, encoding a cocaine-regulated Bric-a-brac Tramtrac Broad complex/Pox virus and Zinc finger protein, is regulated by AP1. Neuroscience. 2003;121:355-61 pubmed..Identification of drug induced alterations in gene expression is key to understanding the types of molecular adaptations underlying addiction. ..
- Luo J, Vallen E, Dravis C, Tcheperegine S, Drees B, Bi E. Identification and functional analysis of the essential and regulatory light chains of the only type II myosin Myo1p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:843-55 pubmed..We also identify Mlc2p as the regulatory light chain for Myo1p and demonstrate its role in Myo1p ring disassembly, a function likely conserved among eukaryotes. ..
- Pekarsky Y, Zanesi N, Aqeilan R, Croce C. Tcl1 as a model for lymphomagenesis. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2004;18:863-79, ix pubmed..In this article we discuss molecular mechanisms leading to the pathogenesis of two major types of mature leukemias and lymphomas: mature T-cell leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. ..
- Sun L, Ryan D, Zhou M, Sun T, Lavker R. EEDA: a protein associated with an early stage of stratified epithelial differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:103-11 pubmed..Our results indicate that EEDA is involved in the early stages of normal epithelial differentiation, and that EEDA is important for the "normal" differentiation pathway in a wide range of stratified epithelia. ..
- Picozzi P, Wang F, Cronk K, Ryan K. Eomesodermin requires transforming growth factor-beta/activin signaling and binds Smad2 to activate mesodermal genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2397-408 pubmed publisher..A carbohydrate binding domain within the Eomes carboxyl-terminal region is sufficient for transfer and important for gene activation. We propose a novel mechanism by which Eomes helps effect a cellular response to a morphogen gradient. ..
- Iyer S, Davis D, Seal S, Burch J. Chicken vitellogenin gene-binding protein, a leucine zipper transcription factor that binds to an important control element in the chicken vitellogenin II promoter, is related to rat DBP. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:4863-75 pubmed..In particular, expression of the VBP gene commences early in liver ontogeny and is not subject to circadian control. ..
- Evans J, Schultz R, Kopf G. Mouse sperm-egg plasma membrane interactions: analysis of roles of egg integrins and the mouse sperm homologue of PH-30 (fertilin) beta. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 10):3267-78 pubmed
- Chen E, Yuan Z, Collier P, Greene S, Abrams W, Gibson C. Comparison of upstream regions of X- and Y-chromosomal amelogenin genes. Gene. 1998;216:131-7 pubmed
- Nemer M. Histone deacetylase mRNA temporally and spatially regulated in its expression in sea urchin embryos. Dev Growth Differ. 1998;40:583-90 pubmed
- Srinivasula S, Ahmad M, Guo Y, Zhan Y, Lazebnik Y, Fernandes Alnemri T, et al. Identification of an endogenous dominant-negative short isoform of caspase-9 that can regulate apoptosis. Cancer Res. 1999;59:999-1002 pubmed..These results suggest that caspase-9b functions as an endogenous apoptosis inhibitory molecule by interfering with the formation of a functional Apaf-1-caspase-9 complex. ..
- Orsini M, Parent J, Mundell S, Marchese A, Benovic J. Trafficking of the HIV coreceptor CXCR4. Role of arrestins and identification of residues in the c-terminal tail that mediate receptor internalization. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31076-86 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Blechman J, Tada S, Rozovskaia T, Itoyama T, Bullrich F, et al. huASH1 protein, a putative transcription factor encoded by a human homologue of the Drosophila ash1 gene, localizes to both nuclei and cell-cell tight junctions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7284-9 pubmed..The significance of huASH1 dual location is discussed. In particular, we consider the possibility that translocation of the protein between the junctional membrane and the nucleus may be involved in adhesion-mediated signaling. ..
- Singh A, Collman R. Heterogeneous spectrum of coreceptor usage among variants within a dualtropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 primary-isolate quasispecies. J Virol. 2000;74:10229-35 pubmed..Coreceptor-restricted minority variants may reflect residual R5 species from earlier in disease as well as emerging X4 variants. ..
- Solow S, Salunek M, Ryan R, Lieberman P. Taf(II) 250 phosphorylates human transcription factor IIA on serine residues important for TBP binding and transcription activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15886-92 pubmed..These results suggest that TFIIA phosphorylation is important for strengthening the TFIIA.TBP contact or creating a second contact between TFIIA and TBP that was not visible in the crystal structure. ..
- Wang T, Arifoglu P, Ronai Z, Tew K. Glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GSTP1-1) inhibits c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK1) signaling through interaction with the C terminus. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20999-1003 pubmed..These data provide evidence for direct interactions between the C-terminal of JNK and GSTP1-1 and a rationale for considering GSTP1-1 as a critical ligand-binding protein with a role in regulating kinase pathways. ..
- Toby G, Gherraby W, Coleman T, Golemis E. A novel RING finger protein, human enhancer of invasion 10, alters mitotic progression through regulation of cyclin B levels. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2109-22 pubmed..These and other points lead to a model in which HEI10 defines a divergent class of E3 ubiquitin ligase, functioning in progression through G(2)/M. ..
- Wang G, Dunbrack R. PISCES: a protein sequence culling server. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:1589-91 pubmed..PDB sequences are updated weekly. PISCES can also cull non-PDB sequences provided by the user as a list of GenBank identifiers, a FASTA format file, or BLAST/PSI-BLAST output. ..
- Einarson M, Cukierman E, Compton D, Golemis E. Human enhancer of invasion-cluster, a coiled-coil protein required for passage through mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3957-71 pubmed..These results place HEI-C as a novel regulator of spindle function and integrity during the metaphase-anaphase transition. ..
- Covy J, Yuan W, Waxman E, Hurtig H, Van Deerlin V, Giasson B. Clinical and pathological characteristics of patients with leucine-rich repeat kinase-2 mutations. Mov Disord. 2009;24:32-9 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the clinical and pathological features that may be associated with LRRK2 mutations. ..
- Storf S, Pfeiffer F, Dilks K, Chen Z, Imam S, Pohlschröder M. Mutational and bioinformatic analysis of haloarchaeal lipobox-containing proteins. Archaea. 2010;2010: pubmed publisher..Our results provide a strong foundation for future studies aimed at identifying components of the archaeal lipoprotein biogenesis pathway. ..
- Pan T, Zhang R, Mattei M, Timpl R, Chu M. Cloning and chromosomal location of human alpha 1(XVI) collagen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6565-9 pubmed..The data clearly support the conclusion that the cDNA encodes a collagen chain that has not been previously described. We suggest that the cDNA clones encode the alpha 1 chain of type XVI collagen. ..
- Gardner J, Wildenberg S, Keiper N, Novak E, Rusiniak M, Swank R, et al. The mouse pale ear (ep) mutation is the homologue of human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9238-43 pubmed..These results establish an animal model of HPS and will facilitate biochemical and molecular analyses of the functions of this protein in the membranes of specialized intracellular organelles. ..
- Kiriakidou M, Driscoll D, Lopez Guisa J, Strauss J. Cloning and expression of primate Daxx cDNAs and mapping of the human gene to chromosome 6p21.3 in the MHC region. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:1289-98 pubmed..The location of the Daxx gene, which is implicated in the pathway for deletion of autoreactive lymphocytes, in the MHC region may shed light on the genetic basis of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Peng K, Radivojac P, Vucetic S, Dunker A, Obradovic Z. Length-dependent prediction of protein intrinsic disorder. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:208 pubmed..The VSL2 predictors are freely accessible for non-commercial use at http://www.ist.temple.edu/disprot/predictorVSL2.php. ..
- Murdoch A, Dodge G, Cohen I, Tuan R, Iozzo R. Primary structure of the human heparan sulfate proteoglycan from basement membrane (HSPG2/perlecan). A chimeric molecule with multiple domains homologous to the low density lipoprotein receptor, laminin, neural cell adhesion molecules, and epidermal . J Biol Chem. 1992;267:8544-57 pubmed..Our studies show that this proteoglycan is present in all vascularized tissues and suggest that this unique molecule has evolved from the utilization of modular structures with adhesive and growth regulatory properties. ..
- Zhang X, Esch T, Clark L, Gregorian S, Rostami A, Otvos L, et al. Neuritogenic Lewis rat T cells use Tcrb chains that include a new Tcrb-V8 family member. Immunogenetics. 1994;40:266-70 pubmed..Thus, T-cell receptor beta chain usage in the response to this dominant neuritogenic peptide appears to be less restricted than the response to the dominant encephalitogenic determinant of MBP both in V region usage and in CDR3 usage. ..
- Kong A, Ma M, Tao D, Yang L. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding the phenol/aryl form of sulfotransferase (mSTp1) from mouse liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1171:315-8 pubmed..7 kDa. Alignment of mSTp1 to other sulfotransferases shows overall identities of 87% to r-STp, 37% to r-STa, 48% to r-STe, 51% to b-STe, and 37% to h-STa, at the deduced amino acid level. ..
- Creasy C, Chernoff J. Cloning and characterization of a member of the MST subfamily of Ste20-like kinases. Gene. 1995;167:303-6 pubmed..The identification of MST2 suggests that there may be subfamilies of Ste20-like protein kinases and that MST1 and MST2 may define one of these subfamilies. ..
- Prosniak M, Dierov J, Okami K, Tilton B, Jameson B, Sawaya B, et al. A novel candidate oncogene, MCT-1, is involved in cell cycle progression. Cancer Res. 1998;58:4233-7 pubmed..Taken together, MCT-1 is a novel candidate oncogene with homology to a protein-protein binding domain of cyclin H. ..
- Whittington D, Waheed A, Ulmasov B, Shah G, Grubb J, Sly W, et al. Crystal structure of the dimeric extracellular domain of human carbonic anhydrase XII, a bitopic membrane protein overexpressed in certain cancer tumor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9545-50 pubmed..quot; The structure of the CA XII-acetazolamide complex is also reported at 1.50-A resolution, and prospects for the design of CA XII-specific inhibitors of possible chemotherapeutic value are discussed. ..
- Zhan Y, Hegde R, Srinivasula S, Fernandes Alnemri T, Alnemri E. Death effector domain-containing proteins DEDD and FLAME-3 form nuclear complexes with the TFIIIC102 subunit of human transcription factor IIIC. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:439-47 pubmed..Our data provide the first direct evidence for the involvement of DED-containing proteins in the regulation of components of the general transcription machinery in the nucleus. ..
- Rose R, Pohlschr der M. In vivo analysis of an essential archaeal signal recognition particle in its native host. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:3260-7 pubmed
- Lipman R, Chen J, Evilia C, Vitseva O, Hou Y. Association of an aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase with a putative metabolic protein in archaea. Biochemistry. 2003;42:7487-96 pubmed..The association of Mj1338 with ProRS, and with other components of the protein synthesis machinery, thus suggests the possibility of a closer link between metabolism and decoding in archaea than in eukarya or bacteria...
- Roy S, Gao G, Clawson D, Vandenberghe L, Farina S, Wilson J. Complete nucleotide sequences and genome organization of four chimpanzee adenoviruses. Virology. 2004;324:361-72 pubmed..Analysis of the capsid proteins hexon and fiber of the chimpanzee adenoviruses also supports the placement of Simian Adenovirus 21 in subgroup B and Simian Adenoviruses 22, 23, and 24 in subgroup E...
- Buccafusca R, Venditti C, Kenyon L, Johanson R, Van Bockstaele E, Ren J, et al. Characterization of the null murine sodium/myo-inositol cotransporter 1 (Smit1 or Slc5a3) phenotype: myo-inositol rescue is independent of expression of its cognate mitochondrial ribosomal protein subunit 6 (Mrps6) gene and of phosphatidylinositol le. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;95:81-95 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in neonatal brain tissue, Mrps6 gene expression may not be contingent on function of its embedded Slc5a3 gene, while inositide deficiency may not be the mechanism of lethal apnea in null Slc5a3 mice. ..
- Köksal M, Hu H, Coates R, Peters R, Christianson D. Structure and mechanism of the diterpene cyclase ent-copalyl diphosphate synthase. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:431-3 pubmed publisher..Modular domain architecture in plant diterpene cyclases enables the evolution of alternative active sites and chemical strategies for catalyzing isoprenoid cyclization reactions. ..
- Kumar V, Weber I. Molecular model of the cyclic GMP-binding domain of the cyclic GMP-gated ion channel. Biochemistry. 1992;31:4643-9 pubmed..This model is in agreement with both the analogue binding experiments and the mutational analysis of Thr 560. ..
- Bellacosa A, Cicchillitti L, Schepis F, Riccio A, Yeung A, Matsumoto Y, et al. MED1, a novel human methyl-CpG-binding endonuclease, interacts with DNA mismatch repair protein MLH1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3969-74 pubmed..In addition, these results suggest that cytosine methylation may play a role in human DNA repair. ..
- Steppan C, Brown E, Wright C, Bhat S, Banerjee R, Dai C, et al. A family of tissue-specific resistin-like molecules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:502-6 pubmed..Resistin and the RELMs share a cysteine composition and other signature features. Thus, the RELMs together with resistin comprise a class of tissue-specific signaling molecules. ..
- Jin Y, Stayrook S, Albert R, Palackal N, Penning T, Lewis M. Crystal structure of human type III 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/bile acid binding protein complexed with NADP(+) and ursodeoxycholate. Biochemistry. 2001;40:10161-8 pubmed
- Sun W, Li G, Nicholson A. Mutational analysis of the nuclease domain of Escherichia coli ribonuclease III. Identification of conserved acidic residues that are important for catalytic function in vitro. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13054-62 pubmed..RNase III[D45E] activity is partially rescued by Mn(2+). The potential functions of the conserved acidic residues are discussed in the context of the crystallographic data and proposed catalytic mechanisms. ..
- Rai R, Mushegian A, Makarova K, Kashina A. Molecular dissection of arginyltransferases guided by similarity to bacterial peptidoglycan synthases. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:800-5 pubmed
- Mei W, Lee K, Marlow F, Miller A, Mullins M. hnRNP I is required to generate the Ca2+ signal that causes egg activation in zebrafish. Development. 2009;136:3007-17 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore reveal an important new role of hnrnp I in regulating the fundamental process of IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+) release at egg activation. ..
- Johnson M, Katiyar S, Edlind T. New Fks hot spot for acquired echinocandin resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its contribution to intrinsic resistance of Scedosporium species. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:3774-81 pubmed publisher..Fks1 sequences from intrinsically RES Scedosporium species revealed W695F-equivalent substitutions; Fks1 hybrids expressing Scedosporium prolificans hot spot 3 confirmed that this substitution imparts RES. ..
- Grant G, Farkas M, Pizarro A, Lahens N, Schug J, Brunk B, et al. Comparative analysis of RNA-Seq alignment algorithms and the RNA-Seq unified mapper (RUM). Bioinformatics. 2011;27:2518-28 pubmed publisher..upenn.edu/RUM). email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org The RNA-Seq sequence reads described in the article are deposited at GEO, accession GSE26248. ..
- Biswas Fiss E, Affet S, Ha M, Biswas S. Retinoid binding properties of nucleotide binding domain 1 of the Stargardt disease-associated ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter, ABCA4. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44097-107 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a possible role of ABCA4 and, in particular, the NBD1 domain in 11-cis-retinal binding. These results also correlate well with a recent report on the in vivo role of ABCA4 in 11-cis-retinal transport...
- Engle L, Kennett R. Cloning, analysis, and chromosomal localization of myoxin (MYH12), the human homologue to the mouse dilute gene. Genomics. 1994;19:407-16 pubmed..We report the isolation and sequencing of "myoxin" (MYH12), the human homologue of the mouse dilute gene, and its assignment to human chromosome 15. ..
- Schmid B, Fürthauer M, Connors S, Trout J, Thisse B, Thisse C, et al. Equivalent genetic roles for bmp7/snailhouse and bmp2b/swirl in dorsoventral pattern formation. Development. 2000;127:957-67 pubmed
- Sharma N, Knight J, Robertson E. Conserved cell cycle regulatory properties within the amino terminal domain of the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 3C. Virology. 2006;346:379-84 pubmed..These results suggest that Rhesus LCV restriction from human B cell immortalization is independent of the conserved cell cycle regulatory functions of the EBNA3C protein...
- Makeyev A, Chkheidze A, Liebhaber S. A set of highly conserved RNA-binding proteins, alphaCP-1 and alphaCP-2, implicated in mRNA stabilization, are coexpressed from an intronless gene and its intron-containing paralog. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24849-57 pubmed
- Kang J, Teeter J, Brazier S, Nguyen N, Chang C, Puchalski R. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a novel delayed rectifier potassium channel from channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus): expression in taste buds. J Neurochem. 2001;76:1465-74 pubmed..1 and Kv2.2. ..
- Shaver A, Sniegowski P. Spontaneously arising mutL mutators in evolving Escherichia coli populations are the result of changes in repeat length. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:6076-82 pubmed..The similarity of the two mutator mutations (despite the independent evolutionary histories of the populations that gave rise to them) leads to a discussion of the potential adaptive role of DNA repeats. ..
- Evans S, Thoreson W, Beck C. Molecular and functional analyses of two new calcium-activated chloride channel family members from mouse eye and intestine. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41792-800 pubmed
- Wan L, Ottinger E, Cho S, Dreyfuss G. Inactivation of the SMN complex by oxidative stress. Mol Cell. 2008;31:244-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the SMN complex is a redox-sensitive assemblyosome and an ROS target, suggesting that it may play a role in oxidative stress pathophysiology, which is associated with many degenerative diseases. ..
- Thompson P, Gotoh T, Kok M, White P, Brodeur G. CHD5, a new member of the chromodomain gene family, is preferentially expressed in the nervous system. Oncogene. 2003;22:1002-11 pubmed..These findings suggest that this gene may play a role in the development of the nervous system, and it may also play a role in the pathogenesis of neural tumors. ..
- Ishino T, Pasut G, Scibek J, Chaiken I. Kinetic interaction analysis of human interleukin 5 receptor alpha mutants reveals a unique binding topology and charge distribution for cytokine recognition. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9547-56 pubmed..These results suggest that the IL5 x IL5Ralpha system adopts a unique binding topology, in which the cytokine is recognized by a D2D3 tandem domain combined with a D1 domain, to form an extended cytokine recognition interface. ..
- Derr P, Boder E, Goulian M. Changing the specificity of a bacterial chemoreceptor. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:923-32 pubmed
- Gupta K, Sharp R, Yuan J, Li H, Van Duyne G. Coiled-coil interactions mediate serine integrase directionality. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7339-7353 pubmed publisher..Together, the data provide a molecular basis for understanding serine integrase directionality. ..
- Kong A, Tao D, Ma M, Yang L. Molecular cloning of the alcohol/hydroxysteroid form (mSTa1) of sulfotransferase from mouse liver. Pharm Res. 1993;10:627-30 pubmed
- Wagner M, Khanna P, Jorns M. Structure of the flavocoenzyme of two homologous amine oxidases: monomeric sarcosine oxidase and N-methyltryptophan oxidase. Biochemistry. 1999;38:5588-95 pubmed..There is only one conserved cysteine found among these enzymes, suggesting that Cys308 is the covalent flavin attachment site in MTOX. ..
- Jaffe A, Jongens T. Structure-specific abnormalities associated with mutations in a DNA replication accessory factor in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2001;230:161-76 pubmed..Our results suggest that the cutlet gene product acts as an accessory factor for DNA replication and has different requirements for the formation of various adult structures during Drosophila development. ..
- Milne R, Connolly S, Krummenacher C, Eisenberg R, Cohen G. Porcine HveC, a member of the highly conserved HveC/nectin 1 family, is a functional alphaherpesvirus receptor. Virology. 2001;281:315-28 pubmed..Porcine HveC is functionally indistinguishable from human HveC. Our results are consistent with the suggestion that HveC is a pan-alphaherpesvirus receptor that interacts with a conserved structural domain of gD. ..
- Kwok S, Liu X, Daskal I. Molecular cloning, expression, localization, and gene organization of PTX1, a human nuclear protein that is downregulated in prostate cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:349-57 pubmed..The nuclear staining was greatly reduced in prostate carcinoma. The gene organization of PTX1 was established by comparing the cDNA sequence with the published human genomic sequence. ..
- Krivov G, Shapovalov M, Dunbrack R. Improved prediction of protein side-chain conformations with SCWRL4. Proteins. 2009;77:778-95 pubmed publisher..The new program maintains its simple command-line interface, designed for homology modeling, and is now available as a dynamic-linked library for incorporation into other software programs. ..
- Jez J, Bennett M, Schlegel B, Lewis M, Penning T. Comparative anatomy of the aldo-keto reductase superfamily. Biochem J. 1997;326 ( Pt 3):625-36 pubmed
- Xu J, Smock S, Safadi F, Rosenzweig A, Odgren P, Marks S, et al. Cloning the full-length cDNA for rat connective tissue growth factor: implications for skeletal development. J Cell Biochem. 2000;77:103-15 pubmed..Its dramatic over-expression in the op mutant skeleton may be secondary to the uncoupling of bone resorption and bone formation resulting in dysregulation of osteoblast gene expression and function. ..
- Baccon J, Pellizzoni L, Rappsilber J, Mann M, Dreyfuss G. Identification and characterization of Gemin7, a novel component of the survival of motor neuron complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31957-62 pubmed..With the identification of Gemin7, the inventory of the core components of the SMN complex appears essentially complete. ..
- Choi Y, Meghani K, Brault M, Leclerc L, He Y, Day T, et al. Platinum and PARP Inhibitor Resistance Due to Overexpression of MicroRNA-622 in BRCA1-Mutant Ovarian Cancer. Cell Rep. 2016;14:429-439 pubmed publisher..Importantly, high expression of miR-622 in BRCA1-deficient HGSOCs is associated with worse outcome after platinum chemotherapy, indicating microRNA-mediated resistance through HR rescue. ..
- Orlofsky A, Berger M, Prystowsky M. Novel expression pattern of a new member of the MIP-1 family of cytokine-like genes. Cell Regul. 1991;2:403-12 pubmed..The implications of this unusual expression pattern are discussed. ..
- Schultz L, Chehab N, Malikzay A, Halazonetis T. p53 binding protein 1 (53BP1) is an early participant in the cellular response to DNA double-strand breaks. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1381-90 pubmed..Thus, the fast kinetics of 53BP1 focus formation after irradiation and the lack of dependency on ATM and NBS1 suggest that 53BP1 functions early in the cellular response to DNA DSBs. ..
- Del Prete G, Leslie G, Haggarty B, Jordan A, Romano J, Hoxie J. Distinct molecular pathways to X4 tropism for a V3-truncated human immunodeficiency virus type 1 lead to differential coreceptor interactions and sensitivity to a CXCR4 antagonist. J Virol. 2010;84:8777-89 pubmed publisher..The cooperative contributions of CXCR4 NT and ECL interactions with gp120 in acquiring X4 tropism likely impart flexibility on pathways for viral evolution and suggest novel approaches to isolate these interactions for drug discovery. ..
- Zheng X, Xu C, Di Lorenzo A, Kleaveland B, Zou Z, Seiler C, et al. CCM3 signaling through sterile 20-like kinases plays an essential role during zebrafish cardiovascular development and cerebral cavernous malformations. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2795-804 pubmed publisher..These studies identify STKs as essential downstream effectors of CCM signaling in development and disease that may regulate both endothelial and epithelial cell junctions. ..
- Mayol X, Grana X, Baldi A, Sang N, Hu Q, Giordano A. Cloning of a new member of the retinoblastoma gene family (pRb2) which binds to the E1A transforming domain. Oncogene. 1993;8:2561-6 pubmed..Interestingly, pRb2 fails to bind an E1A mutant in the transforming domain 2 suggesting that pRb2 is involved in the transforming capacity of E1A. ..
- Evanko D, Thiyagarajan M, Wedegaertner P. Interaction with Gbetagamma is required for membrane targeting and palmitoylation of Galpha(s) and Galpha(q). J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1327-36 pubmed
- Gillis L, McCallum J, Kaur M, Descipio C, Yaeger D, Mariani A, et al. NIPBL mutational analysis in 120 individuals with Cornelia de Lange syndrome and evaluation of genotype-phenotype correlations. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;75:610-23 pubmed..Analysis also suggested a trend toward a milder phenotype in individuals with missense mutations than in those with other types of mutations. ..
- Goldhamer D, Brunk B, Faerman A, King A, Shani M, Emerson C. Embryonic activation of the myoD gene is regulated by a highly conserved distal control element. Development. 1995;121:637-49 pubmed..These data indicate that myoD activation is regulated at multiple levels by mechanisms that are distinct from those controlling other characterized muscle-specific genes. ..
- Walsh S, Cheng H, Bryson J, Roder H, DeGrado W. Solution structure and dynamics of a de novo designed three-helix bundle protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5486-91 pubmed..Thus, it is now possible to design a complex protein with a well defined and predictable three-dimensional structure. ..
- Cang C, Bekele B, Ren D. The voltage-gated sodium channel TPC1 confers endolysosomal excitability. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:463-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, TPC1 is a member of a new family of voltage-gated Na(+) channels that senses pH changes and confers electrical excitability to organelles. ..
- Faulkner D, Dockendorff T, Jongens T. Clonal analysis of cmp44E, which encodes a conserved putative transmembrane protein, indicates a requirement for cell viability in Drosophila. Dev Genet. 1998;23:264-74 pubmed..Finally, using germline transformation, we have identified a minimal genomic fragment capable of fully rescuing a null allele of cmp44E. ..
- Numata S, Claudio P, Dean C, Giordano A, Croce C. Bdp, a new member of a family of DNA-binding proteins, associates with the retinoblastoma gene product. Cancer Res. 1999;59:3741-7 pubmed..It also binds to the MAR of the immunoglobulin heavy-chain locus. Thus Bdp may contribute to the transcriptional regulation of genes involved in differentiation and tissue-specific expression. ..
- Zhang Y, Gould K, Dunbrack RL J, Cheng H, Roder H, Golemis E. The evolutionarily conserved Dim1 protein defines a novel branch of the thioredoxin fold superfamily. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:109-18 pubmed..In sum, this study identifies the Dim1 proteins as a novel sixth branch of the thioredoxin superfamily involved in cell cycle...
- Daheron L, Zenz T, Siracusa L, Brenner C, Calabretta B. Molecular cloning of Ian4: a BCR/ABL-induced gene that encodes an outer membrane mitochondrial protein with GTP-binding activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:1308-16 pubmed..The IAN-4 protein has GTP-binding activity and shares sequence homology with a novel family of putative GTP-binding proteins: the immuno-associated nucleotide (IAN) family. ..
- Brailoiu E, Churamani D, Cai X, Schrlau M, Brailoiu G, Gao X, et al. Essential requirement for two-pore channel 1 in NAADP-mediated calcium signaling. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:201-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, TPC1 is critical for NAADP action and is likely the long sought after target channel for NAADP. ..
- Venkataramani R, Swaminathan K, Marmorstein R. Crystal structure of the CDK4/6 inhibitory protein p18INK4c provides insights into ankyrin-like repeat structure/function and tumor-derived p16INK4 mutations. Nat Struct Biol. 1998;5:74-81 pubmed..A subset of these residues suggest an INK4 binding surface for the cyclin-dependent kinases 4 and 6. This surface is centered around a region that shows structural features uncharacteristic of ankyrin-like repeat units. ..
- Yu J, Le Brun N. Studies of the cytochrome subunits of menaquinone:cytochrome c reductase (bc complex) of Bacillus subtilis. Evidence for the covalent attachment of heme to the cytochrome b subunit. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8860-6 pubmed..It is proposed that heme is also covalently attached to the cytochrome b subunit of b6f complexes of chloroplasts and cyanobacteria. ..
- Ishii H, Baffa R, Numata S, Murakumo Y, Rattan S, Inoue H, et al. The FEZ1 gene at chromosome 8p22 encodes a leucine-zipper protein, and its expression is altered in multiple human tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3928-33 pubmed..Transcript analysis from several FEZ1-expressing tumors revealed truncated mRNAs, including a frameshift. Alteration and inactivation of the FEZ1 gene may play a role in various human tumors. ..