Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proto oncogene proteins in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: proto oncogene proteins
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Weidenfeld J, Shu W, Zhang L, Millar S, Morrisey E. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21061-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2. ..
- Goncharova E, Goncharov D, Eszterhas A, Hunter D, Glassberg M, Yeung R, et al. Tuberin regulates p70 S6 kinase activation and ribosomal protein S6 phosphorylation. A role for the TSC2 tumor suppressor gene in pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30958-67 pubmed..These data demonstrate that tuberin negatively regulates the activity of S6 and p70S6K specifically, and suggest a potential mechanism for abnormal cell growth in LAM. ..
- Shu W, Jiang Y, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt7b regulates mesenchymal proliferation and vascular development in the lung. Development. 2002;129:4831-42 pubmed..These defects lead to rupture of the major vessels and hemorrhage in the lungs after birth. These results demonstrate that Wnt7b signaling is required for proper lung mesenchymal growth and vascular development. ..
- Rakitina T, Vasilevskaya I, O Dwyer P. Additive interaction of oxaliplatin and 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin in colon cancer cell lines results from inhibition of nuclear factor kappaB signaling. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8600-5 pubmed..These data support an interaction between 17-AAG and components of the NF-kappaB pathway in the modulation of oxaliplatin sensitivity in colon cancer cells. ..
- Cao D, Guo Y, Colman R. Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor is involved in mediating the apoptotic effect of cleaved high molecular weight kininogen in human endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2004;94:1227-34 pubmed..These data also resolve the controversial role of uPAR in mediating the apoptotic and antiadhesive activities of HKa. ..
- Badawi A, Liu Y, Eldeen M, Morrow W, Razak Z, Maradeo M, et al. Age-associated changes in the expression pattern of cyclooxygenase-2 and related apoptotic markers in the cancer susceptible region of rat prostate. Carcinogenesis. 2004;25:1681-8 pubmed..Subsequently, COX-2 inhibitors can be considered as a promising class of agents to attenuate the increased cell survival and, hence, protect against tumorigenesis in the aging prostate. ..
- Reddy S, Andl T, Lu M, Morrisey E, Millar S. Expression of Frizzled genes in developing and postnatal hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:275-82 pubmed
- Hammerman P, Fox C, Cinalli R, Xu A, Wagner J, Lindsten T, et al. Lymphocyte transformation by Pim-2 is dependent on nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8341-8 pubmed..The ability of Pim-2 to serve as an oncogene in vivo depends on sustained NF-kappaB activity. Thus, the transcriptional induction of Pim-2 initiates a novel NF-kappaB activation pathway that regulates cell survival. ..
- Engleka K, Wu M, Zhang M, Antonucci N, Epstein J. Menin is required in cranial neural crest for palatogenesis and perinatal viability. Dev Biol. 2007;311:524-37 pubmed..Thus, menin functions in vivo during osteogenesis and is required for palatogenesis, skeletal rib formation and perinatal viability...
- Cichowski K, McCormick F, Brugge J. p21rasGAP association with Fyn, Lyn, and Yes in thrombin-activated platelets. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5025-8 pubmed..Furthermore, although GAP phosphorylation has been previously implicated in growth factor signaling pathways, this is the first example of its involvement downstream from a G-protein-coupled receptor. ..
- Huang M, Bolen J, Barnwell J, Shattil S, Brugge J. Membrane glycoprotein IV (CD36) is physically associated with the Fyn, Lyn, and Yes protein-tyrosine kinases in human platelets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:7844-8 pubmed..Since PTKs appear to be involved in stimulus-response coupling at the plasma membrane, these results suggest that ligand interaction with GPIV may activate signaling pathways that are triggered by tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Meeker T, Nagarajan L, ar Rushdi A, Croce C. Cloning and characterization of the human PIM-1 gene: a putative oncogene related to the protein kinases. J Cell Biochem. 1987;35:105-12 pubmed..This initial characterization of PIM-1 will allow us to define its role in normal and malignant hematolymphoid differentiation. ..
- Bullrich F, MacLachlan T, Sang N, Druck T, Veronese M, Allen S, et al. Chromosomal mapping of members of the cdc2 family of protein kinases, cdk3, cdk6, PISSLRE, and PITALRE, and a cdk inhibitor, p27Kip1, to regions involved in human cancer. Cancer Res. 1995;55:1199-205 pubmed..In particular, two of the kinases, cdk3 and PISSLRE and PITALRE, the cdc2-related kinases recently cloned by us, map to regions previously shown to exhibit loss of heterozygosity in breast and other tumors. ..
- Moore G, Ayabe T, Kopf G, Schultz R. Temporal patterns of gene expression of G1-S cyclins and cdks during the first and second mitotic cell cycles in mouse embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 1996;45:264-75 pubmed
- Rallapalli R, Strachan G, Cho B, Mercer W, Hall D. A novel MDMX transcript expressed in a variety of transformed cell lines encodes a truncated protein with potent p53 repressive activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8299-308 pubmed..Since MDMX-S lacks the central and carboxyl-terminal regions contained within full-length MDMX, it is likely to play a key role in the regulation of cell proliferation and apoptosis in a way distinct from MDMX. ..
- Pekarsky Y, Hallas C, Isobe M, Russo G, Croce C. Abnormalities at 14q32.1 in T cell malignancies involve two oncogenes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2949-51 pubmed..1 region. Thus, translocations and inversions at 14q32. 1 in T cell malignancies involve two oncogenes. ..
- Tsygankova O, Saavedra A, Rebhun J, Quilliam L, Meinkoth J. Coordinated regulation of Rap1 and thyroid differentiation by cyclic AMP and protein kinase A. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1921-9 pubmed..These findings reveal complex regulation of Rap1 by cAMP including PKA-independent activation and PKA-dependent negative feedback regulation. Both signals appear to be required for TSH signaling to Akt. ..
- Xu X, Li W, Huang G, Meyer R, Chen T, Luo Y, et al. Modulation of mouse neural crest cell motility by N-cadherin and connexin 43 gap junctions. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:217-30 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose a model in which Cx43alpha1 and N-cadherin may modulate neural crest cell motility by engaging in a dynamic cross-talk with the cell's locomotory apparatus through p120ctn signaling. ..
- Phiel C, Zhang F, Huang E, Guenther M, Lazar M, Klein P. Histone deacetylase is a direct target of valproic acid, a potent anticonvulsant, mood stabilizer, and teratogen. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36734-41 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose that inhibition of histone deacetylase provides a mechanism for valproic acid-induced birth defects and could also explain the efficacy of valproic acid in the treatment of bipolar disorder. ..
- Zhen X, Zhang J, Johnson G, Friedman E. D(4) dopamine receptor differentially regulates Akt/nuclear factor-kappa b and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways in D(4)MN9D cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;60:857-64 pubmed..We also demonstrated that D(4) receptor-stimulated cell proliferation is mediated by the Src/SHC/Ras/ERK pathway. ..
- Claudio P, Zamparelli A, Garcia F, Claudio L, Ammirati G, Farina A, et al. Expression of cell-cycle-regulated proteins pRb2/p130, p107, p27(kip1), p53, mdm-2, and Ki-67 (MIB-1) in prostatic gland adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:1808-15 pubmed
- Edinger A, Thompson C. Akt maintains cell size and survival by increasing mTOR-dependent nutrient uptake. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2276-88 pubmed..These results suggest that growth factors control cellular growth and survival by regulating cellular access to extracellular nutrients in part by modulating the activity of Akt and mTOR. ..
- Raju G, Dimova N, Klein P, Huang H. SANE, a novel LEM domain protein, regulates bone morphogenetic protein signaling through interaction with Smad1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:428-37 pubmed..These studies define a new mode of regulation for intracellular BMP/Smad1 signaling. ..
- Pollack A, Cowen D, Troncoso P, Zagars G, von Eschenbach A, Meistrich M, et al. Molecular markers of outcome after radiotherapy in patients with prostate carcinoma: Ki-67, bcl-2, bax, and bcl-x. Cancer. 2003;97:1630-8 pubmed..These biomarkers appeared to be useful in categorizing patient risk further, beyond Ki-67 staining and conventional clinical prognostic factors. ..
- Mettus R, Rane S. Characterization of the abnormal pancreatic development, reduced growth and infertility in Cdk4 mutant mice. Oncogene. 2003;22:8413-21 pubmed
- Schnepp R, Mao H, Sykes S, Zong W, Silva A, La P, et al. Menin induces apoptosis in murine embryonic fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10685-91 pubmed..These results suggest a proapoptotic function for menin that may be important in suppressing the development of MEN1. ..
- Anger M, Klima J, Kubelka M, Prochazka R, Motlik J, Schultz R. Timing of Plk1 and MPF activation during porcine oocyte maturation. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;69:11-6 pubmed..We find that Plk1 is activated before MPF, which is consistent with its role in activating MPF in mammalian oocytes. ..
- Benito M, Asa S, LiVolsi V, West V, Snyder P. Gonadotroph tumor associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:570-4 pubmed..The clinical implications of this case are that the clinical and biochemical features of gonadotroph tumors should be considered when evaluating patients for MEN1, and MEN1 should be considered in patients who have gonadotroph tumors. ..
- Milne T, Hughes C, Lloyd R, Yang Z, Rozenblatt Rosen O, Dou Y, et al. Menin and MLL cooperatively regulate expression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:749-54 pubmed..These findings suggest that regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor transcription by cooperative interaction between menin and MLL plays a central role in menin's activity as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Wang Z, Shu W, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt7b activates canonical signaling in epithelial and vascular smooth muscle cells through interactions with Fzd1, Fzd10, and LRP5. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5022-30 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that Wnt7b signals through Fzd1 and -10 and LRP5 and implicate these Wnt coreceptors in the regulation of lung airway and vascular development. ..
- Schnepp R, Chen Y, Wang H, Cash T, Silva A, Diehl J, et al. Mutation of tumor suppressor gene Men1 acutely enhances proliferation of pancreatic islet cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66:5707-15 pubmed..Together, these results suggest a molecular mechanism whereby menin suppresses MEN1 tumorigenesis at least partly through repression of G(0)/G(1) to S transition. ..
- Ludwinski M, Sun J, Hilliard B, Gong S, Xue F, Carmody R, et al. Critical roles of Bim in T cell activation and T cell-mediated autoimmune inflammation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1706-13 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a single protein is used to control both the activation and apoptosis of autoreactive T cells and may explain why Bim-deficient mice do not reject their own organs despite lacking thymic negative selection. ..
- Shao W, Zhen Y, Eisenberg R, Cohen P. The Mer receptor tyrosine kinase is expressed on discrete macrophage subpopulations and mainly uses Gas6 as its ligand for uptake of apoptotic cells. Clin Immunol. 2009;133:138-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the expression pattern of Mer on macrophage subpopulations in the spleen and its Gas6-dependent role in macrophage phagocytosis suggest an important role for Mer in the modulation of immune responses. ..
- Bucan M, Nagle D, Hough R, Chapman V, Lo C. Lethality of Rw/Rw mouse embryos during early postimplantation development. Dev Biol. 1995;168:307-18 pubmed..The results of these studies suggest that the identification of the sequence(s) disrupted by the Rw mutation will provide further insight into the regulation of early postimplantation development. ..
- Ren S, Xue F, Feng J, Skorski T. Intrinsic regulation of the interactions between the SH3 domain of p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and the protein network of BCR/ABL oncogenic tyrosine kinase. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1222-8 pubmed..Based on this information we speculate on the capability of p85alpha-SH3 to interact with the protein network of BCR/ABL oncoprotein. ..
- Ye Y, Pringle L, Lau A, Riquelme D, Wang H, Jiang T, et al. TRE17/USP6 oncogene translocated in aneurysmal bone cyst induces matrix metalloproteinase production via activation of NF-kappaB. Oncogene. 2010;29:3619-29 pubmed publisher..In sum, these studies reveal that TRE17 is sufficient to initiate tumorigenesis, identify MMPs as novel TRE17 effectors that likely contribute to ABC pathogenesis and define the underlying signaling mechanism of their induction. ..
- Palazzo J, Edmonston T, Chaille Arnold L, Burkholder S. Invasive papillary adenocarcinoma of the colon. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:372-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that these tumors follow the tumor-suppressor pathway and represent an aggressive subtype of colonic adenocarcinoma...
- Kobayashi T, Walsh P, Walsh M, Speirs K, Chiffoleau E, King C, et al. TRAF6 is a critical factor for dendritic cell maturation and development. Immunity. 2003;19:353-63 pubmed..Together these results indicate that TRAF6 regulates the critical processes required for maturation, activation, and development of DCs, the primary cellular bridge between innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Nakata Y, Brignier A, Jin S, Shen Y, Rudnick S, Sugita M, et al. c-Myb, Menin, GATA-3, and MLL form a dynamic transcription complex that plays a pivotal role in human T helper type 2 cell development. Blood. 2010;116:1280-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, c-Myb, GATA-3, and Menin form a core transcription complex that regulates GATA-3 expression and, with the recruitment of MLL, Th2 cell maturation in primary human peripheral blood T cells...
- Aggarwal C, Somaiah N, Simon G. Biomarkers with predictive and prognostic function in non-small cell lung cancer: ready for prime time?. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2010;8:822-32 pubmed..This article describes these predictive and prognostic markers and details their current role, benefit, and potential future use in the management of patients with NSCLC...
- Dasgupta P, Reddy E. Identification of alternatively spliced transcripts for human c-myb: molecular cloning and sequence analysis of human c-myb exon 9A sequences. Oncogene. 1989;4:1419-23 pubmed
- Royet J, Finkelstein R. Establishing primordia in the Drosophila eye-antennal imaginal disc: the roles of decapentaplegic, wingless and hedgehog. Development. 1997;124:4793-800 pubmed..We also demonstrate that otd is activated by wg in the vertex primordium. Finally, we show that early activation of dpp depends on hedgehog (hh) expression in the eye anlage prior to morphogenetic furrow formation. ..
- Fisher R, Lovelock J, Scott E. A critical role for PU.1 in homing and long-term engraftment by hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow. Blood. 1999;94:1283-90 pubmed..Collectively, this study has shown that PU.1 plays an important role in controlling migration of hematopoietic progenitors to the bone marrow and the establishment of long-term multilineage hematopoiesis. ..
- Hatini V, Bokor P, Goto Mandeville R, DiNardo S. Tissue- and stage-specific modulation of Wingless signaling by the segment polarity gene lines. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1364-76 pubmed..Lin can accumulate in the cytoplasm of cells signaled by Hh, suggesting that Hh antagonizes Wg function by prohibiting Lin from entering the nucleus. ..
- Lazaar A, Krymskaya V, Das S. VCAM-1 activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and induces p120Cbl phosphorylation in human airway smooth muscle cells. J Immunol. 2001;166:155-61 pubmed..These studies suggest that VCAM-1 is linked to multiple signaling pathways in human ASM cells and may function to augment growth factor-induced responses. ..
- Teckchandani A, Birukova A, Tar K, Verin A, Tsygankov A. The multidomain protooncogenic protein c-Cbl binds to tubulin and stabilizes microtubules. Exp Cell Res. 2005;306:114-27 pubmed..Overall, the results presented in this report suggest a novel function for c-Cbl-microtubule binding and stabilization. ..
- Rao V, Reddy E. elk-1 proteins interact with MAP kinases. Oncogene. 1994;9:1855-60 pubmed
- Vora K, Tumas Brundage K, Lentz V, Cranston A, Fishel R, Manser T. Severe attenuation of the B cell immune response in Msh2-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1999;189:471-82 pubmed..Interpretation of the impact of an MMR deficiency on the mechanism of V gene somatic hypermutation could be easily confounded by these perturbations. ..
- Sutrave P, Leferovich J, Kelly A, Hughes S. The induction of skeletal muscle hypertrophy by a ski transgene is promoter-dependent. Gene. 2000;241:107-16 pubmed..The normal c-ski gene linked to two other tissue-specific promoters failed to induce muscle growth in transgenic mice, as did an inactive mutant of c-ski expressed under the control of the MSV LTR. ..
- Shulby S, Dolloff N, Stearns M, Meucci O, Fatatis A. CX3CR1-fractalkine expression regulates cellular mechanisms involved in adhesion, migration, and survival of human prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:4693-8 pubmed..Finally, fractalkine activates the PI3K/Akt survival pathway in human prostate cancer cells. ..
- Mo Y, Vaessen B, Johnston K, Marmorstein R. Structure of the elk-1-DNA complex reveals how DNA-distal residues affect ETS domain recognition of DNA. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:292-7 pubmed
- Smith E, Smedberg J, Rula M, Hamilton T, Xu X. Disassociation of MAPK activation and c-Fos expression in F9 embryonic carcinoma cells following retinoic acid-induced endoderm differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32094-100 pubmed
- De Miguel M, Cheng L, Holland E, Federspiel M, Donovan P. Dissection of the c-Kit signaling pathway in mouse primordial germ cells by retroviral-mediated gene transfer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10458-63 pubmed..Such technology for manipulating gene expression in PGCs will allow many of the molecular mechanisms regulating germ cell growth, behavior, and differentiation to be comprehensively analyzed. ..
- Condorelli G, Drusco A, Stassi G, Bellacosa A, Roncarati R, Iaccarino G, et al. Akt induces enhanced myocardial contractility and cell size in vivo in transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12333-8 pubmed..In summary, our results not only demonstrate that Akt regulates cardiomyocyte cell size in vivo, but, importantly, show that Akt modulates cardiac contractility in vivo without directly affecting beta-AR signaling capacity. ..
- Easton R, Cho H, Roovers K, Shineman D, Mizrahi M, Forman M, et al. Role for Akt3/protein kinase Bgamma in attainment of normal brain size. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1869-78 pubmed..Finally, mammalian target of rapamycin signaling is attenuated in the brains of Akt3-/- but not Akt1-/- mice, suggesting that differential regulation of this pathway contributes to an isoform-specific regulation of cell growth. ..
- Park S, Boder E, Saven J. Modulating the DNA affinity of Elk-1 with computationally selected mutations. J Mol Biol. 2005;348:75-83 pubmed..The study suggests that residues that are distal to the binding interface may indirectly modulate the binding affinity by stabilizing the protein scaffold required for efficient DNA interaction. ..
- Hahn P, Lindsten T, Ying G, Bennett J, Milam A, Thompson C, et al. Proapoptotic bcl-2 family members, Bax and Bak, are essential for developmental photoreceptor apoptosis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:3598-605 pubmed..Future studies will investigate the potential role of Bax and Bak in mediating pathologic photoreceptor death. ..
- Gifford L, Opalinska J, Jordan D, Pattanayak V, Greenham P, Kalota A, et al. Identification of antisense nucleic acid hybridization sites in mRNA molecules with self-quenching fluorescent reporter molecules. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:e28 pubmed..The general utility of this method is demonstrated by SQRM identification of targetable sequence within c-myb and bcl-6 mRNA. Corresponding antisense oligonucleotides reduce these gene products in cells. ..
- Shao W, Zhen Y, Rosenbaum J, Eisenberg R, McGaha T, Birkenbach M, et al. A protective role of Mer receptor tyrosine kinase in nephrotoxic serum-induced nephritis. Clin Immunol. 2010;136:236-44 pubmed publisher..Mer thus has a critical role in attenuating renal inflammation, both as a receptor for apoptotic cells and as a molecule that downregulates inflammation...
- Yadla S, Jabbour P, Shenkar R, Shi C, Campbell P, Awad I. Cerebral cavernous malformations as a disease of vascular permeability: from bench to bedside with caution. Neurosurg Focus. 2010;29:E4 pubmed publisher..Promising molecular and genetic therapies targeted at identified molecular aberrations are discussed as well. ..
- Wang B, Mysliwiec T, Feller S, Knudsen B, Hanafusa H, Kruh G. Proline-rich sequences mediate the interaction of the Arg protein tyrosine kinase with Crk. Oncogene. 1996;13:1379-85 pubmed..These experiments extend the known Arg protein interacting motifs to include SH3 binding sites and suggest that Arg may function as an effector as well as a regulator of Crk activity. ..
- Fischer L, Boland G, Tuan R. Wnt signaling during BMP-2 stimulation of mesenchymal chondrogenesis. J Cell Biochem. 2002;84:816-31 pubmed..We suggest that the chondro-inhibitory effect of lithium on BMP-2 induced chondrogenesis indicates antagonism between lithium-like Wnts and BMP-2 during mesenchymal condensation. ..
- Lin E, Orlofsky A, Berger M, Prystowsky M. Characterization of A1, a novel hemopoietic-specific early-response gene with sequence similarity to bcl-2. J Immunol. 1993;151:1979-88 pubmed..These data demonstrate that A1 is a novel early-response gene whose expression is associated with a variety of stimuli and occurs in several hemopoietic cell types. ..
- Hallas C, Pekarsky Y, Itoyama T, Varnum J, Bichi R, Rothstein J, et al. Genomic analysis of human and mouse TCL1 loci reveals a complex of tightly clustered genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:14418-23 pubmed..These data suggest a similar or complementary function of these proteins in early embryogenesis. ..
- So H, Rho J, Jeong D, Park R, Fisher D, Ostrowski M, et al. Microphthalmia transcription factor and PU.1 synergistically induce the leukocyte receptor osteoclast-associated receptor gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24209-16 pubmed..1 and MITF transcription factors synergistically activate OSCAR gene expression. Moreover, the activation of OSCAR gene expression by PU.1/MITF is further enhanced by the TRANCE-induced MKK6/p38 signaling cascade. ..
- Wlodarski P, Zhang Q, Liu X, Kasprzycka M, Marzec M, Wasik M. PU.1 activates transcription of SHP-1 gene in hematopoietic cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:6316-23 pubmed..1. These findings provide an insight into the structure of the hematopoietic cell-specific P2 promoter of the SHP-1 gene and identify PU.1 as the transcriptional activator of the P2 promoter. ..
- Gallitano Mendel A, Finkelstein R. Ectopic orthodenticle expression alters segment polarity gene expression but not head segment identity in the Drosophila embryo. Dev Biol. 1998;199:125-37 pubmed..We show that this effect is associated with otd repression of the homeotic selector gene Deformed (Dfd). ..
- Janson K, Cohen E, Wilder E. Expression of DWnt6, DWnt10, and DFz4 during Drosophila development. Mech Dev. 2001;103:117-20 pubmed..We find that DFz4 is also expressed in a dynamic pattern in the mesoderm, gut, and central nervous system. ..
- Hu C, Rao S, Ramirez Bergeron D, Garrett Sinha L, Gerondakis S, Clark M, et al. PU.1/Spi-B regulation of c-rel is essential for mature B cell survival. Immunity. 2001;15:545-55 pubmed..1 and Spi-B, in promoting B lymphocyte survival. ..
- Chan T, Tsichlis P. PDK2: a complex tail in one Akt. Sci STKE. 2001;2001:pe1 pubmed..These interactions may induce conformational changes in Akt that make Ser(473) accessible to phosphorylation. ..
- Kline J, Rycyzyn M, Clevenger C. Characterization of a novel and functional human prolactin receptor isoform (deltaS1PRLr) containing only one extracellular fibronectin-like domain. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2310-22 pubmed..Furthermore, the functionality of this receptor raises interesting questions regarding the minimal extracellular domain necessary for ligand-induced receptor signaling. ..
- Strachan G, Jordan Sciutto K, Rallapalli R, Tuan R, Hall D. The E2F-1 transcription factor is negatively regulated by its interaction with the MDMX protein. J Cell Biochem. 2003;88:557-68 pubmed..These data indicate that the MDMX protein is capable of associating with E2F-1 and negatively regulating its DNA binding ability. ..
- Lee Y, Aoki Y, Hong C, Saint Germain N, Credidio C, Saint Jeannet J. Early requirement of the transcriptional activator Sox9 for neural crest specification in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2004;275:93-103 pubmed..Finally, using a hormone-inducible inhibitory mutant of Sox9, lacking the transactivation domain, we show that Sox9 function is required for neural crest specification but not for its subsequent migration. ..
- Goldsmith K, Liu X, Dam V, Morgan B, Shabbout M, Cnaan A, et al. BH3 peptidomimetics potently activate apoptosis and demonstrate single agent efficacy in neuroblastoma. Oncogene. 2006;25:4525-33 pubmed
- Sackett S, Gao Y, Shin S, Esterson Y, Tsingalia A, Hurtt R, et al. Foxl1 promotes liver repair following cholestatic injury in mice. Lab Invest. 2009;89:1387-96 pubmed publisher..These results show that Foxl1 promotes liver repair after bile-duct-ligation-induced liver injury through activation of the canonical wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Datta K, Franke T, Chan T, Makris A, Yang S, Kaplan D, et al. AH/PH domain-mediated interaction between Akt molecules and its potential role in Akt regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2304-10 pubmed..Addition of maltose-binding protein-AH/PH fusion recombinant protein, which is expected to bind Akt, to the immunoprecipitates from serum-starved cells induced the activation of the Akt kinase. ..
- Virgilio L, Lazzeri C, Bichi R, Nibu K, Narducci M, Russo G, et al. Deregulated expression of TCL1 causes T cell leukemia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3885-9 pubmed
- Rathmell J, Lindsten T, Zong W, Cinalli R, Thompson C. Deficiency in Bak and Bax perturbs thymic selection and lymphoid homeostasis. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:932-9 pubmed
- Sollars V, Lu X, Xiao L, Wang X, Garfinkel M, Ruden D. Evidence for an epigenetic mechanism by which Hsp90 acts as a capacitor for morphological evolution. Nat Genet. 2003;33:70-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that Hsp90 acts as a capacitor for morphological evolution through epigenetic and genetic mechanisms. ..
- Lindsten T, Golden J, Zong W, Minarcik J, Harris M, Thompson C. The proapoptotic activities of Bax and Bak limit the size of the neural stem cell pool. J Neurosci. 2003;23:11112-9 pubmed..Thus, Bax and Bak play a critical role in regulating the number of neural progenitor cells in the adult brain but are not absolutely required for the initiation of neuronal cell death after neurotoxic injury. ..
- Clark C, Cohen I, Eichstetter I, Cannizzaro L, McPherson J, Wasmuth J, et al. Molecular cloning of the human proto-oncogene Wnt-5A and mapping of the gene (WNT5A) to chromosome 3p14-p21. Genomics. 1993;18:249-60 pubmed..Finally, using a combination of Southern blotting, PCR amplification, and in situ hybridization, the human Wnt-5A (WNT5A) gene was mapped to chromosome 3p14-p21. ..
- Rao V, Reddy E. Delta elk-1, a variant of elk-1, fails to interact with the serum response factor and binds to DNA with modulated specificity. Cancer Res. 1993;53:215-20 pubmed..Therefore, elk-1 appears to fall in the category of genes that encode activators and repressors through the mechanism of differential splicing. ..
- Labosky P, Kaestner K. The winged helix transcription factor Hfh2 is expressed in neural crest and spinal cord during mouse development. Mech Dev. 1998;76:185-90 pubmed..Using linkage analysis we have localized the Hfh2 gene to chromosome 4 at 44.91 cM from the centromere. ..
- Murphy M, Ahn J, Walker K, Hoffman W, Evans R, Levine A, et al. Transcriptional repression by wild-type p53 utilizes histone deacetylases, mediated by interaction with mSin3a. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2490-501 pubmed..These data offer the first mechanistic insights for p53-mediated transcriptional repression and underscore the importance of this activity for apoptosis induction by this protein. ..
- Gadue P, Morton N, Stein P. The Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn regulates natural killer T cell development. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1189-96 pubmed..The fyn mutation defines the first signaling molecule that is selectively required for NK T cell, but not for T lymphocyte or NK cell development. ..
- Lemmon M, Ferguson K, Abrams C. Pleckstrin homology domains and the cytoskeleton. FEBS Lett. 2002;513:71-6 pubmed
- Gumireddy K, Reddy M, Cosenza S, Boominathan R, Boomi Nathan R, Baker S, et al. ON01910, a non-ATP-competitive small molecule inhibitor of Plk1, is a potent anticancer agent. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:275-86 pubmed..ON01910 showed strong synergy with several chemotherapeutic agents, often inducing complete regression of tumors. ..
- Shao W, Eisenberg R, Cohen P. The Mer receptor tyrosine kinase is required for the loss of B cell tolerance in the chronic graft-versus-host disease model of systemic lupus erythematosus. J Immunol. 2008;180:7728-35 pubmed..These findings indicate that Mer serves an important role in the activation of self-reactive B cells in systemic autoimmunity. ..
- Bellacosa A, Datta K, Bear S, Patriotis C, Lazo P, Copeland N, et al. Effects of provirus integration in the Tpl-1/Ets-1 locus in Moloney murine leukemia virus-induced rat T-cell lymphomas: levels of expression, polyadenylation, transcriptional initiation, and differential splicing of the Ets-1 mRNA. J Virol. 1994;68:2320-30 pubmed