Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphotransferases in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Pan J, Lian Z, Wallett S, Wallet S, Feitelson M. The hepatitis B x antigen effector, URG7, blocks tumour necrosis factor alpha-mediated apoptosis by activation of phosphoinositol 3-kinase and beta-catenin. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:3275-85 pubmed..This suggests that URG7 helps to protect virus-infected hepatocytes during chronic hepatitis B virus infection. ..
- Orlando K, Zhang J, Zhang X, Yue P, Chiang T, Bi E, et al. Regulation of Gic2 localization and function by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate during the establishment of cell polarity in budding yeast. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14205-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and Cdc42 act in concert to regulate polarized localization and function of Gic2 during polarized cell growth in the budding yeast. ..
- Gibbs J, Liebermann D, Hoffman B. Leukemia suppressor function of Egr-1 is dependent on transforming oncogene. Leukemia. 2008;22:1909-16 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the notion that the molecular nature of genetic lesions responsible for leukemia determines the effectiveness of any given tumor suppressor. ..
- Bersenev A, Wu C, Balcerek J, Jing J, Kundu M, Blobel G, et al. Lnk constrains myeloproliferative diseases in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2058-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data establish Lnk as a bona fide suppressor of MPD in mice and raise the possibility that Lnk dysfunction contributes to the development of hematologic malignancies in humans. ..
- Peixoto L, Chen F, Harb O, Davis P, Beiting D, Brownback C, et al. Integrative genomic approaches highlight a family of parasite-specific kinases that regulate host responses. Cell Host Microbe. 2010;8:208-18 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the value of integrative genomic approaches in prioritizing candidates for functional validation. ..
- Marzec M, Liu X, Wong W, Yang Y, Pasha T, Kantekure K, et al. Oncogenic kinase NPM/ALK induces expression of HIF1? mRNA. Oncogene. 2011;30:1372-8 pubmed publisher..These results also provide another rationale to therapeutically target NPM/ALK and STAT3 in ALK+ TCL. ..