Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm metastasis in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: neoplasm metastasis
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Temple W, Mendelsohn L, Kim G, Nekritz E, Gustafson W, Lin L, et al. Vesicular monoamine transporter protein expression correlates with clinical features, tumor biology, and MIBG avidity in neuroblastoma: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:474-481 pubmed publisher..VMAT1 and VMAT2 are expressed in the majority of neuroblastomas. Expression correlates with other biological features. The expression level of VMAT2 but not that of VMAT1 correlates with avidity for MIBG. ..
- Cohen S, Ho L, Ranganathan S, Abbruzzese J, Alpaugh R, Beard M, et al. Phase II and pharmacodynamic study of the farnesyltransferase inhibitor R115777 as initial therapy in patients with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:1301-6 pubmed..8% on day 15. Although treatment with R115777 resulted in partial inhibition of FTase activity in mononuclear cells, it did not exhibit single-agent antitumor activity in patients with previously untreated metastatic pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lee H, Solan M, Lupinacci P, Gomella L, Valicenti R. Long-term outcome of patients with prostate cancer and pathologic seminal vesicle invasion (pT3b): effect of adjuvant radiotherapy. Urology. 2004;64:84-9 pubmed..The effect on clinical outcome awaits additional follow-up. ..
- Pitari G, Li P, Lin J, Zuzga D, Gibbons A, Snook A, et al. The paracrine hormone hypothesis of colorectal cancer. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;82:441-7 pubmed
- Fecher L, Agarwala S, Hodi F, Weber J. Ipilimumab and its toxicities: a multidisciplinary approach. Oncologist. 2013;18:733-43 pubmed publisher..Assembling a multidisciplinary team, as well as thorough education of the patient, is recommended to optimize patient care. ..
- Murakami M, Meneses P, Lan K, Robertson E. The suppressor of metastasis Nm23-H1 interacts with the Cdc42 Rho family member and the pleckstrin homology domain of oncoprotein Dbl-1 to suppress cell migration. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:677-88 pubmed..These studies suggests that Nm23-H1 can negatively regulate cell migration and tumor metastasis by modulating the activity of Cdc42 and possibly other Rho family members through interaction with Dbl-1. ..
- Moreno J, Croce C, Fischer R, Monne M, Vihko P, Mulholland S, et al. Detection of hematogenous micrometastasis in patients with prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 1992;52:6110-2 pubmed..These findings may have an important impact on our understanding and treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Kaul R, Murakami M, Choudhuri T, Robertson E. Epstein-Barr virus latent nuclear antigens can induce metastasis in a nude mouse model. J Virol. 2007;81:10352-61 pubmed..These studies now bridge the expression of the EBV antigens with tumorigenesis and metastasis and widen the range of potential targets for development of therapies for EBV-associated malignancies. ..
- Sharma M, Sharma M. The role of annexin II in angiogenesis and tumor progression: a potential therapeutic target. Curr Pharm Des. 2007;13:3568-75 pubmed..Compelling evidence from the literature and our own findings suggest that annexin II may be a potential target for the development of effective therapeutic strategies for the treatment of cancer and its induced metastasis. ..
- DeLisser H, Keirns C, Clinton E, Margolis M. "The air got to it:" exploring a belief about surgery for lung cancer. J Natl Med Assoc. 2009;101:765-71 pubmed..These beliefs are more likely to be prevalent, and resistant to change, in minority and disadvantaged groups. These findings provide the basis for an approach to patients who fear the spread of their cancer by surgery. ..
- Ruggeri B, Caamano J, Goodrow T, DiRado M, Bianchi A, Trono D, et al. Alterations of the p53 tumor suppressor gene during mouse skin tumor progression. Cancer Res. 1991;51:6615-21 pubmed..Moreover, these alterations are associated with tumors possessing a more malignant and/or poorly differentiated phenotype. ..
- Narra K, Mullins S, Lee H, Strzemkowski Brun B, Magalong K, Christiansen V, et al. Phase II trial of single agent Val-boroPro (Talabostat) inhibiting Fibroblast Activation Protein in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1691-9 pubmed..However it provides the initial proof-of-concept that physiologic inhibition of FAP activity can be accomplished in patients with colorectal cancer, and lays the groundwork for future studies targeting the tumor stroma. ..
- Wu H, Barusevicius A, Babb J, Klein Szanto A, Godwin A, Elenitsas R, et al. Pleiotrophin expression correlates with melanocytic tumor progression and metastatic potential. J Cutan Pathol. 2005;32:125-30 pubmed..In addition, lesional PTN expression is associated with metastatic potential and may be a prognostic factor for melanomas. ..
- Carrithers S, Barber M, Biswas S, Parkinson S, Park P, Goldstein S, et al. Guanylyl cyclase C is a selective marker for metastatic colorectal tumors in human extraintestinal tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:14827-32 pubmed
- Brose M, Nutting C, Sherman S, Shong Y, Smit J, Reike G, et al. Rationale and design of decision: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic radioactive iodine (RAI)-refractory, differentiated thyro. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:349 pubmed publisher..The DECISION study has been designed to test whether sorafenib improves PFS in patients with locally advanced or metastatic RAI-refractory DTC. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00984282; EudraCT: 2009-012007-25. ..
- Capozza F, Trimmer C, Castello Cros R, Katiyar S, Whitaker Menezes D, Follenzi A, et al. Genetic ablation of Cav1 differentially affects melanoma tumor growth and metastasis in mice: role of Cav1 in Shh heterotypic signaling and transendothelial migration. Cancer Res. 2012;72:2262-74 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings show that Cav1 may regulate different mechanisms during primary melanoma tumor growth and metastatic dissemination. ..
- Stadtmauer E, O NEILL A, Goldstein L, Crilley P, Mangan K, Ingle J, et al. Conventional-dose chemotherapy compared with high-dose chemotherapy plus autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for metastatic breast cancer. Philadelphia Bone Marrow Transplant Group. N Engl J Med. 2000;342:1069-76 pubmed
- Khor L, DeSilvio M, Al Saleem T, Hammond M, Grignon D, Sause W, et al. MDM2 as a predictor of prostate carcinoma outcome: an analysis of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 8610. Cancer. 2005;104:962-7 pubmed..MDM2 expression quantified by image analysis was weakly associated with DM. The cohort examined was relatively small and with larger patient numbers, MDM2 overexpression may emerge as a more significant covariate. ..
- Wu K, Katiyar S, Li A, Liu M, Ju X, Popov V, et al. Dachshund inhibits oncogene-induced breast cancer cellular migration and invasion through suppression of interleukin-8. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6924-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify a pathway by which an endogenous cell-fate determination factor blocks oncogene-dependent tumor metastasis via a key heterotypic mediator. ..
- Caino M, Seo J, Wang Y, Rivadeneira D, Gabrilovich D, Kim E, et al. Syntaphilin controls a mitochondrial rheostat for proliferation-motility decisions in cancer. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3755-3769 pubmed publisher..Therefore, SNPH is a stress-regulated mitochondrial switch of the cell proliferation-motility balance in cancer, and its pathway may represent a therapeutic target. ..
- Fong Z, Wong J, Maley W, Sandorfi N, Winter J, Koniaris L, et al. Sarcoid-reaction mimicking metastatic malignant hepatopancreatobiliary tumors: report of two cases and review of the literature. J Gastrointest Surg. 2012;16:1245-50 pubmed publisher..We also discuss malignancy-induced sarcoid-like reactions and provide a review of the literature of sarcoid-like reactions in the setting of HPB tumors. ..
- Do T, Xiao F, Bickel L, Klein Szanto A, Pathak H, Hua X, et al. Aurora kinase A mediates epithelial ovarian cancer cell migration and adhesion. Oncogene. 2014;33:539-49 pubmed publisher..They also point to the potential utility of combining AURKA inhibitors with taxanes as a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of EOC patients. ..
- Hamilton K, Noubissi F, Katti P, Hahn C, Davey S, Lundsmith E, et al. IMP1 promotes tumor growth, dissemination and a tumor-initiating cell phenotype in colorectal cancer cell xenografts. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2647-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings implicate IMP1 as a modulator of tumor growth and provide evidence for a novel role of IMP1 in early events in CRC metastasis. ..
- Tuveson D, Zhu L, Gopinathan A, Willis N, Kachatrian L, Grochow R, et al. Mist1-KrasG12D knock-in mice develop mixed differentiation metastatic exocrine pancreatic carcinoma and hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2006;66:242-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that Mist1-expressing cells represent a permissive compartment for transformation by oncogenic Kras in pancreatic tumorigenesis. ..
- Mathew R, Cohen A, Galetta S, Alavi A, Dalmau J. Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration: Yo-expressing tumor revealed after a 5-year follow-up with FDG-PET. J Neurol Sci. 2006;250:153-5 pubmed..An overwhelming majority of anti-Yo positive patients eventually develop a detectable malignancy, which argues in favor of a poorly effective or non-sustained anti-tumor immune response...
- Downes K, Glatt B, Kanchwala S, Mick R, Fraker D, Fox K, et al. Skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstruction is an acceptable treatment option for patients with high-risk breast carcinoma. Cancer. 2005;103:906-13 pubmed..Skin-sparing mastectomy (SSM) followed by immediate reconstruction is an effective treatment option for patients with early-stage breast carcinoma, but its use in patients with more advanced disease is controversial...
- Terai M, Eto M, Young G, Berd D, Mastrangelo M, Tamura Y, et al. Interleukin 6 mediates production of interleukin 10 in metastatic melanoma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012;61:145-155 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that blocking of these signals leading to IL-10 production is a potential strategy to enhance an anti-melanoma immune response in metastatic melanoma. ..
- Reed C, Waterhouse A, Kirby S, Kay P, Owens R, McQuillan D, et al. Decorin prevents metastatic spreading of breast cancer. Oncogene. 2005;24:1104-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel role for decorin in reduction or prevention of tumor metastases in this breast cancer model and could eventually lead to improved therapeutics for metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Cohen S, Punt C, Iannotti N, Saidman B, Sabbath K, Gabrail N, et al. Relationship of circulating tumor cells to tumor response, progression-free survival, and overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:3213-21 pubmed publisher..The number of CTCs before and during treatment is an independent predictor of PFS and OS in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. CTCs provide prognostic information in addition to that of imaging studies. ..
- Webster M, Weeraratna A. A Wnt-er migration: the confusing role of ?-catenin in melanoma metastasis. Sci Signal. 2013;6:pe11 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss this finding and how it may help us define different subpopulations of melanoma cells that could have different outcomes, as well as different responses to therapy. ..
- Bassi D, Mahloogi H, Al Saleem L, Lopez De Cicco R, Ridge J, Klein Szanto A. Elevated furin expression in aggressive human head and neck tumors and tumor cell lines. Mol Carcinog. 2001;31:224-32 pubmed..These observations indicate that furin plays a role in tumor progression. Its overexpression in more aggressive or metastasizing cancers resulted in increased MMP processing. ..
- Silvestri G, Gonzalez A, Jantz M, Margolis M, Gould M, Tanoue L, et al. Methods for staging non-small cell lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Chest. 2013;143:e211S-e250S pubmed publisher..All abnormal scans should be confirmed by tissue biopsy (by whatever method is available) to ensure accurate staging. Evidence suggests that more complete staging improves patient outcomes. ..
- Mahoney M, Simpson A, Jost M, Noé M, Kari C, Pepe D, et al. Metastasis-associated protein (MTA)1 enhances migration, invasion, and anchorage-independent survival of immortalized human keratinocytes. Oncogene. 2002;21:2161-70 pubmed..These results establish that, in keratinocytes, MTA1 expression contributes to several aspects of the metastatic phenotype including survival in the anchorage independent state, migration, and invasion. ..
- Craig L, Julian M, Ferracone J. The diagnosis and prognosis of synovial tumors in dogs: 35 cases. Vet Pathol. 2002;39:66-73 pubmed..Immunohistochemical staining for cytokeratin, CD18, and smooth muscle actin is recommended to make the diagnosis and thereby predict the behavior of synovial tumors in dogs. ..
- Minn A, Bevilacqua E, Yun J, Rosner M. Identification of novel metastasis suppressor signaling pathways for breast cancer. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2452-7 pubmed publisher..Using the RKIP pathway as an example, we show how prior biological knowledge can be efficiently combined with genome-wide patient data to identify gene regulatory mechanisms that control metastasis. ..
- Peng H, Talebzadeh Farrooji M, Osborne M, Prokop J, McDonald P, Karar J, et al. LIMD2 is a small LIM-only protein overexpressed in metastatic lesions that regulates cell motility and tumor progression by directly binding to and activating the integrin-linked kinase. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1390-1403 pubmed publisher..In summary, LIMD2 is a new component of the signal transduction cascade that links integrin-mediated signaling to cell motility/metastatic behavior and may be a promising target for controlling tumor spread. ..
- Ren T, Wang J, Zhu J, Jin M, Wu Y, Guo X, et al. MCU-dependent mitochondrial Ca2+ inhibits NAD+/SIRT3/SOD2 pathway to promote ROS production and metastasis of HCC cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:5897-5909 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake machinery may potentially be a novel therapeutic target for HCC metastasis. ..
- Tuszynski G, Rothman V, Deutch A, Hamilton B, Eyal J. Biological activities of peptides and peptide analogues derived from common sequences present in thrombospondin, properdin, and malarial proteins. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:209-17 pubmed..Peptides, based on the structure of these repeats, may find wide application in the treatment of thrombosis and in the prevention of cancer spread. ..
- Le Fur N, Kelsall S, Silvers W, Mintz B. Selective increase in specific alternative splice variants of tyrosinase in murine melanomas: a projected basis for immunotherapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5332-7 pubmed..Analyses of the alternative transcripts of other pigment genes may identify additional candidate antigens, ultimately enabling melanoma cells in all phases of the disease to be represented as a basis for immune intervention. ..
- Wu K, Li A, Rao M, Liu M, Dailey V, Yang Y, et al. DACH1 is a cell fate determination factor that inhibits cyclin D1 and breast tumor growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7116-29 pubmed..The cell fate determination factor, DACH1, arrests breast tumor proliferation and growth in vivo providing a new mechanistic and potential therapeutic insight into this common disease. ..
- Wildemore J, Lee J, Humphreys T. Mohs surgery for malignant eccrine neoplasms. Dermatol Surg. 2004;30:1574-9 pubmed..With the exception of microcystic adnexal carcinoma (MAC), there have been few reports on the use of Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) as a primary treatment for EC...
- Dotan E, Meropol N, Zhu F, Zambito F, Bove B, Cai K, et al. Relationship of increased aurora kinase A gene copy number, prognosis and response to chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:748-55 pubmed publisher..AURKA-CN level did not affect outcomes among patients with KRAS mutant tumours. Increased AURKA-CN is common in mCRC tumours and is associated with longer OS and longer PFS during chemotherapy, particularly in KRAS wild-type tumours. ..
- Aggarwal C, Meropol N, Punt C, Iannotti N, Saidman B, Sabbath K, et al. Relationship among circulating tumor cells, CEA and overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:420-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that both CEA and CTCs contribute prognostic information for patients with mCRC. ..
- Semenova G, Stepanova D, Dubyk C, Handorf E, Deyev S, Lazar A, et al. Targeting group I p21-activated kinases to control malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor growth and metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5421-5431 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide new insights into MPNST signaling deregulation and suggest that co-targeting of PAK1/2/3 and MEK1/2 may be effective in the treatment of patients with MPNSTs. ..
- Saha A, Robertson E. Functional modulation of the metastatic suppressor Nm23-H1 by oncogenic viruses. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3174-84 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent studies to explore the molecular links between human oncogenic viruses and progression of metastasis, in particular the deregulation of Nm23-H1 mediated suppression...
- Sargiannidou I, Qiu C, Tuszynski G. Mechanisms of thrombospondin-1-mediated metastasis and angiogenesis. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2004;30:127-36 pubmed..We hope to convey the idea that activity of thrombospondin-1 in tumor progression is dependent upon its interaction with several host- and tumor-associated proteins. ..
- Hingorani S, Wang L, Multani A, Combs C, Deramaudt T, Hruban R, et al. Trp53R172H and KrasG12D cooperate to promote chromosomal instability and widely metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in mice. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:469-83 pubmed..These findings have clear implications for understanding mechanisms of disease pathogenesis, and for the development of detection and targeted treatment strategies. ..
- Karbowniczek M, Henske E. The role of tuberin in cellular differentiation: are B-Raf and MAPK involved?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1059:168-73 pubmed..We hypothesize that aberrant B-Raf activity in angiomyolipomas leads to abnormal cellular differentiation and migration. ..
- Vaughn D, Srinivas S, Stadler W, Pili R, Petrylak D, Sternberg C, et al. Vinflunine in platinum-pretreated patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma: results of a large phase 2 study. Cancer. 2009;115:4110-7 pubmed publisher..No cumulative toxicity was observed. Vinflunine demonstrates moderate activity in patients with platinum-pretreated UC. Toxicity is manageable and noncumulative. ..
- Navenot J, Evans B, Oishi S, Setsuda S, Fujii N, Peiper S. The metastasis suppressor KISS1 lacks antimetastatic activity in the C8161.9 xenograft model of melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2012;22:140-50 pubmed publisher..9 cell line and the high risk of artifact linked to single-cell selection. A different xenograft model will be necessary to evaluate the use of KISS1 analogs as antimetastatic therapy. ..
- Wang H, Fu W, Im J, Zhou Z, Santoro S, Iyer V, et al. Tumor cell alpha3beta1 integrin and vascular laminin-5 mediate pulmonary arrest and metastasis. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:935-41 pubmed..The early arrest of tumor cells in the pulmonary vasculature through interaction of alpha3beta1 integrin with LN-5 in exposed BM provides both a molecular and a structural basis for cell arrest during pulmonary metastasis. ..
- Yu Q, Stamenkovic I. Transforming growth factor-beta facilitates breast carcinoma metastasis by promoting tumor cell survival. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2004;21:235-42 pubmed..The functional axis composed of CD44, MMP-9 and TGF-beta may therefore play an important role in the metastatic proclivity of selected tumor types. ..
- Guo S, Hakimi M, Baillat D, Chen X, Farber M, Klein Szanto A, et al. Linking transcriptional elongation and messenger RNA export to metastatic breast cancers. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3011-6 pubmed..These results not only identify hTREX84 as a prognosticator of breast cancer but also delineate human TREX complex as a target for therapeutic drugs against breast cancer. ..
- Navaraj A, Finnberg N, Dicker D, Yang W, Matthew E, El Deiry W. Reduced cell death, invasive and angiogenic features conferred by BRCA1-deficiency in mammary epithelial cells transformed with H-Ras. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:2417-44 pubmed..This mammary xenograft tumor model may be useful as a tool to understand human breast tumor angiogenesis and metastasis, as well as to test candidate therapeutics. ..
- Gu L, Vogiatzi P, Puhr M, Dagvadorj A, Lutz J, Ryder A, et al. Stat5 promotes metastatic behavior of human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010;17:481-93 pubmed publisher..Stat5 may provide a therapeutic target protein for disseminated prostate cancer. ..
- Bassi D, Zhang J, Cenna J, Litwin S, Cukierman E, Klein Szanto A. Proprotein convertase inhibition results in decreased skin cell proliferation, tumorigenesis, and metastasis. Neoplasia. 2010;12:516-26 pubmed..These results identify PACE4, together with other PCs, as suitable targets to slow down or block tumor progression, suggesting that PC inhibition is a potential approach for therapy for solid tumors. ..
- Monti D, Mitchell E, Bazzan A, LITTMAN S, Zabrecky G, Yeo C, et al. Phase I evaluation of intravenous ascorbic acid in combination with gemcitabine and erlotinib in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29794 pubmed publisher..This, combined with the observed response to treatment, suggests the need for a phase II study of longer duration. Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00954525. ..
- Bai S, Wei S, Ziober A, Yao Y, Bing Z. SALL4 and SF-1 are sensitive and specific markers for distinguishing granulosa cell tumors from yolk sac tumors. Int J Surg Pathol. 2013;21:121-5 pubmed publisher..The difference was significant (P < .01, Student's t test). This result indicates that these 2 markers could be used to distinguish these 2 tumors in a difficult situation. ..
- Quatromoni J, Suzuki E, Okusanya O, Judy B, Bhojnagarwala P, Venegas O, et al. The timing of TGF-? inhibition affects the generation of antigen-specific CD8+ T cells. BMC Immunol. 2013;14:30 pubmed publisher..This finding has important implications for our understanding of anti-tumor immune responses, the role of TGF-? in the immune system, and the future development of TGF-? inhibiting drugs. ..
- Banerjee S, Li G, Li Y, Gaughan C, Baskar D, Parker Y, et al. RNase L is a negative regulator of cell migration. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44360-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that naturally occurring mutations in the RNase L gene might promote enhanced cell migration and metastasis. ..
- Zhu S, Zhang X, Weichert Leahey N, Dong Z, Zhang C, Lopez G, et al. LMO1 Synergizes with MYCN to Promote Neuroblastoma Initiation and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:310-323.e5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo validation of LMO1 as an important oncogene that promotes neuroblastoma initiation, progression, and widespread metastatic dissemination. ..
- Wong C, Lee A, Shientag L, Yu J, Dong Y, Kao G, et al. Apoptosis: an early event in metastatic inefficiency. Cancer Res. 2001;61:333-8 pubmed..Although prior work has shown an association between apoptosis in culture and metastasis in vivo, this work shows that apoptosis in vivo corresponds to decreased metastasis in vivo. ..
- Maron D, Tada H, Moscioni A, Tazelaar J, Fraker D, Wilson J, et al. Intra-arterial delivery of a recombinant adenovirus does not increase gene transfer to tumor cells in a rat model of metastatic colorectal carcinoma. Mol Ther. 2001;4:29-35 pubmed..These preclinical studies fail to support a strategy of infusion through the hepatic artery of recombinant adenovirus targeting tumor cells in the treatment of colorectal cancer liver metastases...
- Radhika V, Onesime D, Ha J, Dhanasekaran N. Galpha13 stimulates cell migration through cortactin-interacting protein Hax-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49406-13 pubmed..These findings, along with the observation that Hax-1 is overexpressed in metastatic tumors and tumor cell lines, suggest a novel role for the association of oncogenic Galpha13 and Hax-1 in tumor metastasis. ..
- Cohen S, Punt C, Iannotti N, Saidman B, Sabbath K, Gabrail N, et al. Prognostic significance of circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1223-9 pubmed publisher..0007), and ECOG PS of zero (P = 0.04), unfavorable baseline CTC was associated with inferior PFS. Baseline CTC count is an important prognostic factor within specific subgroups defined by treatment or patient characteristics. ..
- Gu L, Dagvadorj A, Lutz J, Leiby B, Bonuccelli G, Lisanti M, et al. Transcription factor Stat3 stimulates metastatic behavior of human prostate cancer cells in vivo, whereas Stat5b has a preferential role in the promotion of prostate cancer cell viability and tumor growth. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1959-72 pubmed publisher..This work provides the first mechanistic comparison of the biological effects induced by transcription factors Stat5a/b versus Stat3 in prostate cancer. ..
- Goldschmidt M, Pena L, Rasotto R, Zappulli V. Classification and grading of canine mammary tumors. Vet Pathol. 2011;48:117-31 pubmed publisher..These have been incorporated into the proposed new classification system. This article also compares the grading systems for canine mammary carcinomas and their use for prognosis, along with the histologic classification. ..
- Caino M, Lopez Haber C, Kissil J, Kazanietz M. Non-small cell lung carcinoma cell motility, rac activation and metastatic dissemination are mediated by protein kinase C epsilon. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31714 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate PKC? as a key mediator of Rac signaling and motility of lung cancer cells, highlighting its potential as a therapeutic target. ..
- Trerotola M, Jernigan D, Liu Q, Siddiqui J, Fatatis A, Languino L. Trop-2 promotes prostate cancer metastasis by modulating ?(1) integrin functions. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3155-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide the first evidence that ?(1) integrin-dependent migratory and metastatic competence of prostate cancer cells is enhanced by Trop-2. ..
- Altieri D. Mitochondria on the move: emerging paradigms of organelle trafficking in tumour plasticity and metastasis. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:301-305 pubmed publisher..Some of these pathways are druggable, opening fresh therapeutic opportunities for advanced and disseminated disease. ..
- O I, Otvos L, Kieber Emmons T, Blaszczyk Thurin M. Role of SA-Le(a) and E-selectin in metastasis assessed with peptide antagonist. Peptides. 2002;23:999-1010 pubmed..The data suggest the critical role of carbohydrate antigens and E-selectin in metastasis and that peptides mimicking carbohydrate antigens can function as antagonists of this process. ..
- Dulaimi E, Ibanez de Caceres I, Uzzo R, Al Saleem T, Greenberg R, Polascik T, et al. Promoter hypermethylation profile of kidney cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3972-9 pubmed..A hypermethylation profile may be useful in predicting a patient's clinical outcome and provide molecular markers for diagnostic and prognostic approaches to kidney cancer. ..
- Mavi A, Lakhani P, Zhuang H, Gupta N, Alavi A. Fluorodeoxyglucose-PET in characterizing solitary pulmonary nodules, assessing pleural diseases, and the initial staging, restaging, therapy planning, and monitoring response of lung cancer. Radiol Clin North Am. 2005;43:1-21, ix pubmed
- Carlini L, Meropol N, Bever J, Andria M, Hill T, Gold P, et al. UGT1A7 and UGT1A9 polymorphisms predict response and toxicity in colorectal cancer patients treated with capecitabine/irinotecan. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:1226-36 pubmed..Specifically, patients with genotypes conferring low UGT1A7 activity and/or the UGT1A9 (dT)(9/9) genotype may be particularly likely to exhibit greater antitumor response with little toxicity. ..
- Wertheim G, Yang T, Pan T, Ramne A, Liu Z, Gardner H, et al. The Snf1-related kinase, Hunk, is essential for mammary tumor metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15855-60 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a direct role for Hunk kinase activity in metastasis and establish an in vivo function for this kinase. ..
- Negin B, Cohen S. Circulating tumor cells in colorectal cancer: past, present, and future challenges. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2010;11:1-13 pubmed publisher..Improvements in detection and characterization of CTC will hopefully lead to refinement of the surgical and chemotherapeutic treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Martinez Outschoorn U, Prisco M, Ertel A, Tsirigos A, Lin Z, Pavlides S, et al. Ketones and lactate increase cancer cell "stemness," driving recurrence, metastasis and poor clinical outcome in breast cancer: achieving personalized medicine via Metabolo-Genomics. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1271-86 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this powerful new approach directly links cancer cell metabolism with clinical outcome, and new therapeutic strategies for inhibiting the TCA cycle and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in cancer cells. ..
- Pavlides S, Vera I, Gandara R, Sneddon S, Pestell R, Mercier I, et al. Warburg meets autophagy: cancer-associated fibroblasts accelerate tumor growth and metastasis via oxidative stress, mitophagy, and aerobic glycolysis. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;16:1264-84 pubmed publisher..Given the central role that oxidative stress plays in this process, new powerful antioxidants should be developed in the fight against cancer. ..
- Balasubramaniam S, Comstock C, Ertel A, Jeong K, Stallcup M, Addya S, et al. Aberrant BAF57 signaling facilitates prometastatic phenotypes. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2657-67 pubmed publisher..These data thereby establish BAF57 as a putative marker of metastatic potential that could be leveraged for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Paszek M, DuFort C, Rossier O, Bainer R, Mouw J, Godula K, et al. The cancer glycocalyx mechanically primes integrin-mediated growth and survival. Nature. 2014;511:319-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, a bulky glycocalyx is a feature of tumour cells that could foster metastasis by mechanically enhancing cell-surface receptor function. ..
- Garg R, Blando J, Perez C, Abba M, Benavides F, Kazanietz M. Protein Kinase C Epsilon Cooperates with PTEN Loss for Prostate Tumorigenesis through the CXCL13-CXCR5 Pathway. Cell Rep. 2017;19:375-388 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing evidence for an autonomous vicious cycle driven by PKCÎµ, our studies identified a compelling rationale for targeting the CXCL13-CXCR5 axis for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Hingorani S, Petricoin E, Maitra A, Rajapakse V, King C, Jacobetz M, et al. Preinvasive and invasive ductal pancreatic cancer and its early detection in the mouse. Cancer Cell. 2003;4:437-50 pubmed..Finally, mice with PanINs have an identifiable serum proteomic signature, suggesting a means of detecting the preinvasive state in patients. ..