Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Publications1207 found, 100 shown here
- Sayeed S, Nistico L, St Croix C, Di Y. Multifunctional role of human SPLUNC1 in Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection. Infect Immun. 2013;81:285-91 pubmed publisher..Taking the findings together, we propose synergistic roles for human SPLUNC1 as an antibacterial agent with bacteriostatic and chemotactic activities. ..
- Okada H, Scheurer M, Sarkar S, Bondy M. Integration of epidemiology, immunobiology, and translational research for brain tumors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013;1284:17-23 pubmed publisher..Future research will hopefully better integrate epidemiological, immunobiological, and translational techniques to develop novel, preventive approaches for malignant gliomas. ..
- Shen X, Chen J, Li J, Kofler J, Herrup K. Neurons in Vulnerable Regions of the Alzheimer's Disease Brain Display Reduced ATM Signaling. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..This previously unknown role for the ATM kinase in AD pathogenesis suggests that the failure of ATM function may be an important contributor to the death of neurons in AD individuals. ..
- Morse D, Otterbein L, Watkins S, Alber S, Zhou Z, Flavell R, et al. Deficiency in the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase signaling pathway confers susceptibility to hyperoxic lung injury in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003;285:L250-7 pubmed..These results indicate that JNK pathways participate in adaptive responses to hyperoxia in mice. ..
- Orlichenko L, Stolz D, Noel P, Behari J, Liu S, Singh V. ADP-ribosylation factor 1 protein regulates trypsinogen activation via organellar trafficking of procathepsin B protein and autophagic maturation in acute pancreatitis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24284-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ARF1-dependent trafficking of procathepsin B and the maturation of autophagosomes results in cathepsin B-mediated trypsinogen activation induced by caerulein. ..
- Pedulla M, Treff N, Resar L, Reeves R. Sequence and analysis of the murine Hmgiy (Hmga1) gene locus. Gene. 2001;271:51-8 pubmed
- Viti J, Gulacsi A, Lillien L. Wnt regulation of progenitor maturation in the cortex depends on Shh or fibroblast growth factor 2. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5919-27 pubmed..5 were found preferentially in the SVZ at E16.5. These findings suggest that Wnts depend on Shh or FGF2 to promote progenitor maturation to an SVZ state in the embryonic cortex. ..
- Malin S, Molliver D, Koerber H, Cornuet P, Frye R, Albers K, et al. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor family members sensitize nociceptors in vitro and produce thermal hyperalgesia in vivo. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8588-99 pubmed..These results indicate that GDNF family members regulate the sensitivity of thermal nociceptors and implicate artemin in particular as an important effector in inflammatory hyperalgesia. ..
- Schmidt J, Stoffels B, Moore B, Chanthaphavong R, Mazie A, Buchholz B, et al. Proinflammatory role of leukocyte-derived Egr-1 in the development of murine postoperative ileus. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:926-36, 936.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Leukocyte-derived Egr-1 plays an early critical inflammatory role in the initiation of the postoperative inflammatory response, which leads to a prolonged decreased in gastrointestinal motility after intestinal surgery. ..
- Mishra S, Funair L, Cressley A, Gittes G, Burns R. High-affinity Dkk1 receptor Kremen1 is internalized by clathrin-mediated endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52190 pubmed publisher..The novel amino acid sequence identified in Kremen1 is similar to the motif previously identified in hydra, yeast, and other organisms known to signal from the trans-Golgi network to the endosomal compartment. ..
- Swamynathan S, Loughner C, Swamynathan S. Inhibition of HUVEC tube formation via suppression of NFκB suggests an anti-angiogenic role for SLURP1 in the transparent cornea. Exp Eye Res. 2017;164:118-128 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that SLURP1 suppresses HUVEC tube formation by blocking nuclear translocation of NFκB, and suggest a potential role for SLURP1 in promoting corneal angiogenic privilege. ..
- Cassinelli E, Hall R, Kang J. Biochemistry of intervertebral disc degeneration and the potential for gene therapy applications. Spine J. 2001;1:205-14 pubmed..Ongoing research efforts in the area of gene therapy show promise as a way to prevent, or even reverse, some of these changes. ..
- Carattino M, Edinger R, Grieser H, Wise R, Neumann D, Schlattner U, et al. Epithelial sodium channel inhibition by AMP-activated protein kinase in oocytes and polarized renal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17608-16 pubmed..In summary, these results suggest a novel mechanism for coupling ENaC activity and renal Na(+) handling to cellular metabolic status through AMPK, which may help prevent cellular Na(+) loading under hypoxic or ischemic conditions. ..
- Montoya S, Thiels E, Card J, Lazo J. Astrogliosis and behavioral changes in mice lacking the neutral cysteine protease bleomycin hydrolase. Neuroscience. 2007;146:890-900 pubmed..In addition, no age-dependent decline in discriminative performance on probe trials was observed in null animals. These data suggest a physiological non-redundant function for BLMH in the CNS. ..
- Montecalvo A, Shufesky W, Stolz D, Sullivan M, Wang Z, DiVito S, et al. Exosomes as a short-range mechanism to spread alloantigen between dendritic cells during T cell allorecognition. J Immunol. 2008;180:3081-90 pubmed
- Matsumoto T, Kubo S, Meszaros L, Corsi K, Cooper G, Li G, et al. The influence of sex on the chondrogenic potential of muscle-derived stem cells: implications for cartilage regeneration and repair. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3809-19 pubmed publisher..Compared with female MDSCs, male MDSCs display more chondrogenic differentiation and better cartilage regeneration potential. ..
- Koharudin L, Liu H, Di Maio R, Kodali R, Graham S, Gronenborn A. Cyclopentenone prostaglandin-induced unfolding and aggregation of the Parkinson disease-associated UCH-L1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6835-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a possible mechanistic link between UCH-L1 modification by cyclopentenone prostaglandins and the etiology of neurodegeneration. ..
- Tankersley C, Peng R, Bedga D, Gabrielson K, Champion H. Variation in echocardiographic and cardiac hemodynamic effects of PM and ozone inhalation exposure in strains related to Nppa and Npr1 gene knock-out mice. Inhal Toxicol. 2010;22:695-707 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PM and O3 exposures, alone and combined, lead to different cardiac functional changes, and these unique changes are age-specific and dependent on Nppa and Npr1 genes...
- Gaffen S. Recent advances in the IL-17 cytokine family. Curr Opin Immunol. 2011;23:613-9 pubmed publisher..To date, far less is known about the rest of the family. This review discusses recent advances in the field, with an emphasis on IL-17A biology. ..
- Oswald A, Urban N. Interactions between behaviorally relevant rhythms and synaptic plasticity alter coding in the piriform cortex. J Neurosci. 2012;32:6092-104 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that changes in respiratory behavior can gate the transfer of stimulus information between the olfactory bulb and cortex. ..
- Navlakha S, Suhan J, Barth A, Bar Joseph Z. A high-throughput framework to detect synapses in electron microscopy images. Bioinformatics. 2013;29:i9-17 pubmed publisher..Our algorithms are highly efficient and scalable and are freely available for others to use. Code is available at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/?saketn/detect_synapses/ ..
- Nagalingam A, Kuppusamy P, Singh S, Sharma D, Saxena N. Mechanistic elucidation of the antitumor properties of withaferin a in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2617-29 pubmed publisher..Together, our results offer mechanistic insight into how WFA inhibits breast tumor growth. ..
- Uzal F, McClane B, Cheung J, Theoret J, Garcia J, Moore R, et al. Animal models to study the pathogenesis of human and animal Clostridium perfringens infections. Vet Microbiol. 2015;179:23-33 pubmed publisher..perfringens type A necrotic enteritis and gas gangrene in chickens and mice, respectively, for C. perfringens type C in mice, rabbits and goats, and for C. perfringens type D in mice, sheep and goats. ..
- Liu Z, Noh H, Chen J, Kim J, Falo L, You Z. Potent tumor-specific protection ignited by adoptively transferred CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:4363-70 pubmed..Thus, these findings highlight the importance of adoptively transferred CD4(+) T cells, as well as host immune components, in generating effective tumor-specific long-term antitumor activity. ..
- Yan P, Qu Z, Ishikawa C, Mori N, Xiao G. Human T-cell leukemia virus type I-mediated repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2 involves DNA methylation but independent of the viral oncoprotein tax. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1036-41 pubmed..Given the efficient antitumor activity with no obvious toxicity of 5-aza-dC, these studies also suggest potential therapeutic strategies for ATL...
- Deshpande A, Fang P, Simmer J, Margolis H, Beniash E. Amelogenin-collagen interactions regulate calcium phosphate mineralization in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19277-87 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that interactions between collagen and amelogenin might play an important role in the formation of the DEB providing structural continuity between dentin and enamel. ..
- Ferreira M, Whibley N, Mamo A, Siebenlist U, Chan Y, Gaffen S. Interleukin-17-induced protein lipocalin 2 is dispensable for immunity to oral candidiasis. Infect Immun. 2014;82:1030-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Lcn2 deficiency mediated protection from OPC induced by steroid immunosuppression. Therefore, despite its potent regulation during C. albicans infection, Lcn2 is not required for immunity to mucosal candidiasis. ..
- Volonte D, Peoples A, Galbiati F. Modulation of myoblast fusion by caveolin-3 in dystrophic skeletal muscle cells: implications for Duchenne muscular dystrophy and limb-girdle muscular dystrophy-1C. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4075-88 pubmed..Taken together, these results propose caveolin-3 as a key player in myoblast fusion and suggest that defects of the fusion process may represent additional molecular mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of DMD and LGMD-1C in humans. ..
- Lee J, Gong H, Khadem S, Lu Y, Gao X, Li S, et al. Androgen deprivation by activating the liver X receptor. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3778-88 pubmed publisher..LXR may represent a novel therapeutic target for androgen deprivation, and may aid in the treatment and prevention of hormone-dependent prostate cancer. ..
- Harb G, Vasavada R, Cobrinik D, Stewart A. The retinoblastoma protein and its homolog p130 regulate the G1/S transition in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes. 2009;58:1852-62 pubmed publisher..These studies underscore the central role of the pRb pathway in controlling beta-cell turnover and provide new cellular targets for beta-cell regeneration. ..
- Roodman G. Insights into the pathogenesis of Paget's disease. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1192:176-80 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that both genetic and environmental factors contribute to PD...
- Qu Y, Chen L, Pardee A, Taylor J, Wesa A, Storkus W. Intralesional delivery of dendritic cells engineered to express T-bet promotes protective type 1 immunity and the normalization of the tumor microenvironment. J Immunol. 2010;185:2895-902 pubmed publisher..These findings support the potential translational utility of DC.Tbets as a therapeutic modality in the cancer setting. ..
- Wang Y, Camirand G, Lin Y, Froicu M, Deng S, Shlomchik W, et al. Regulatory T cells require mammalian target of rapamycin signaling to maintain both homeostasis and alloantigen-driven proliferation in lymphocyte-replete mice. J Immunol. 2011;186:2809-18 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results have important implications for the timing of Rapa therapy with tolerogenic agents designed to increase the number of Treg in vivo. ..
- Wolf M, Daly K, Reing J, Badylak S. Biologic scaffold composed of skeletal muscle extracellular matrix. Biomaterials. 2012;33:2916-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that superior tissue remodeling outcomes are not universally dependent upon homologous tissue derived ECM scaffold materials. ..
- Yu S, Sharma R, Nie D, Jiao H, Im H, Lai Y, et al. ADAR1 ablation decreases bone mass by impairing osteoblast function in mice. Gene. 2013;513:101-10 pubmed publisher..Our results identify ADAR1 as a new key regulator of bone mass and suggest that ADAR1 functions in this process mainly through modulation of the intrinsic properties of osteoblasts (i.e., proliferation, survival and differentiation)...
- Jiang Y, Rumble J, Gleixner A, Unnithan A, Pulugulla S, Posimo J, et al. N-Acetyl cysteine blunts proteotoxicity in a heat shock protein-dependent manner. Neuroscience. 2013;255:19-32 pubmed publisher..These findings broaden the potential mechanisms of action for this dietary supplement in neurodegenerative proteinopathies. ..
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..BET proteins regulate BEC-driven liver regeneration at multiple steps: BEC dedifferentiation, HB-LC proliferation, the proliferation of newly generated hepatocytes, and hepatocyte maturation. ..
- Wang R, Sun Q, Wang P, Liu M, Xiong S, Luo J, et al. Notch and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway play important roles in activating liver cancer stem cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5754-68 pubmed publisher..The central role of Notch and the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway in LCSCs may provide an attractive therapeutic strategy against HCC. ..
- Wang L, Ma R, Flavell R, Choi M. Requirement of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 3 (MKK3) for activation of p38alpha and p38delta MAPK isoforms by TGF-beta 1 in murine mesangial cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47257-62 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the MKK3 is a critical component of the TGF-beta1 signaling pathway, and its activation is required for subsequent p38alpha and p38delta MAPK activation and collagen stimulation by TGF-beta1. ..
- Yang J, Shultz R, Mars W, Wegner R, Li Y, Dai C, et al. Disruption of tissue-type plasminogen activator gene in mice reduces renal interstitial fibrosis in obstructive nephropathy. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:1525-38 pubmed..Our findings establish a crucial and definite importance of EMT in the pathogenesis of renal interstitial fibrosis at the whole-animal level. ..
- Levy R, Prince J, Yang R, Mollen K, Liao H, Watson G, et al. Systemic inflammation and remote organ damage following bilateral femur fracture requires Toll-like receptor 4. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R970-6 pubmed..Application of these findings in an evolutionary context suggests that multicellular organisms have evolved to use the same pattern recognition receptor for surviving traumatic and infectious challenges. ..
- Eiseman J, Guo J, Ramanathan R, Belani C, Solit D, Scher H, et al. Evaluation of plasma insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 and Her-2 extracellular domain as biomarkers for 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin treatment of adult patients with advanced solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2121-7 pubmed..In contrast to a mouse model, 17-AAG treatment was not consistently associated with decreases in IGFBP-2 or Her-2 ECD concentrations in patient plasma. ..
- Singha U, Jiang Y, Yu S, Luo M, Lu Y, Zhang J, et al. Rapamycin inhibits osteoblast proliferation and differentiation in MC3T3-E1 cells and primary mouse bone marrow stromal cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:434-46 pubmed..Taken together, our studies demonstrate that mTOR signaling affects osteoblast functions by targeting osteoblast proliferation and the early stage of osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Phillips B, Nylander K, Harnaha J, Machen J, Lakomy R, Styche A, et al. A microsphere-based vaccine prevents and reverses new-onset autoimmune diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:1544-55 pubmed publisher..This novel microsphere formulation represents the first diabetes-suppressive and reversing nucleic acid vaccine that confers an immunoregulatory phenotype to endogenous dendritic cells. ..
- McKinley L, Alcorn J, Peterson A, Dupont R, Kapadia S, Logar A, et al. TH17 cells mediate steroid-resistant airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness in mice. J Immunol. 2008;181:4089-97 pubmed..Both T(H)2 and T(H)17 cells are able to induce AHR, whereas T(H)17 cell-mediated airway inflammation and AHR are steroid resistant, indicating a potential role for T(H)17 cells in steroid-resistant asthma. ..
- Gobbel G, Kondziolka D, Fellows Mayle W, Uram M. Manual vs automated delivery of cells for transplantation: accuracy, reproducibility, and impact on viability. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:1662-8; discussion 1668 pubmed publisher..Automated techniques could be useful in standardizing reproducible procedures for cell transplantation and improve both preclinical and clinical research. ..
- O Reilly L, Watkins S, Smithgall T. An unexpected role for the clock protein timeless in developmental apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17157 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new function for Tim in the coordination of ES cell differentiation, and raise the intriguing possibility that circadian rhythms and early development may be intimately linked. ..
- Kashlan O, Kleyman T. ENaC structure and function in the wake of a resolved structure of a family member. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F684-96 pubmed publisher..This review examines functional data, including ion selectivity, gating, and amiloride block, in light of the resolved ASIC1 structure. ..
- Alonso V, Magyar C, Wang B, Bisello A, Friedman P. Ubiquitination-deubiquitination balance dictates ligand-stimulated PTHR sorting. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:2923-34 pubmed publisher..These findings may explain PTH resistance in diseases associated with elevated PTH(7-84) levels. ..
- He J, Gao J, Xu M, Ren S, Stefanovic Racic M, O Doherty R, et al. PXR ablation alleviates diet-induced and genetic obesity and insulin resistance in mice. Diabetes. 2013;62:1876-87 pubmed publisher..Our results may help to establish PXR as a novel therapeutic target, and PXR antagonists may be used for the prevention and treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- He J, Hu B, Shi X, Weidert E, Lu P, Xu M, et al. Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor sensitizes mice to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis by deactivating mitochondrial sirtuin deacetylase Sirt3. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2047-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the use of AhR antagonists might be a viable approach to prevent and treat NASH. Manipulation of the expression or activity of Sirt3 may also represent a novel approach to manage NASH. ..
- Hu X, Zhang F, Leak R, Zhang W, Iwai M, Stetler R, et al. Transgenic overproduction of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids provides neuroprotection and enhances endogenous neurogenesis after stroke. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:1465-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that n-3 PUFA supplementation is a potential neurogenic and oligodendrogenic treatment to naturally improve post-stroke brain repair and long-term functional recovery. ..
- Xiao X, Fischbach S, Zhang T, Chen C, Sheng Q, Zimmerman R, et al. SMAD3/Stat3 Signaling Mediates β-Cell Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Chronic Pancreatitis-Related Diabetes. Diabetes. 2017;66:2646-2658 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that chronic pancreatitis may trigger TGFβ1-mediated β-cell EMT to lead to CPRD, which could substantially be prevented by sustained expression of FoxO1 in β-cells. ..
- Arroyo A, Modriansky M, Serinkan F, Bello R, Matsura T, Jiang J, et al. NADPH oxidase-dependent oxidation and externalization of phosphatidylserine during apoptosis in Me2SO-differentiated HL-60 cells. Role in phagocytic clearance. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49965-75 pubmed
- Guo H, Epperly M, Bernarding M, Nie S, Gretton J, Jefferson M, et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase-plasmid/liposome (MnSOD-PL) intratracheal gene therapy reduction of irradiation-induced inflammatory cytokines does not protect orthotopic Lewis lung carcinomas. In Vivo. 2003;17:13-21 pubmed..These results support the anticipated safety of intrapulmonary MnSOD-PL gene therapy in lung cancer patients for protection of normal lung tissue from irradiation while allowing effective irradiation-mediated tumor control. ..
- Luo Y, DeFranco D. Opposing roles for ERK1/2 in neuronal oxidative toxicity: distinct mechanisms of ERK1/2 action at early versus late phases of oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16436-42 pubmed..Thus, ERK1/2 appears to play dual roles in HT22 cells acting as part of a cellular adaptive response during the initial phases of glutamate-induced oxidative stress and contributing to toxicity during later stages of stress. ..
- McAllister F, Ruan S, Steele C, Zheng M, McKinley L, Ulrich L, et al. CXCR3 and IFN protein-10 in Pneumocystis pneumonia. J Immunol. 2006;177:1846-54 pubmed
- McGaffin K, Sun C, Rager J, Romano L, Zou B, Mathier M, et al. Leptin signalling reduces the severity of cardiac dysfunction and remodelling after chronic ischaemic injury. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;77:54-63 pubmed..These data demonstrate that HF increases ObR signalling in cardiomyocytes and that activation of ObR signalling improves functional outcomes in chronic ischaemic injury leading to HF. ..
- Horn C, Still L, Fitzgerald C, Friedman M. Food restriction, refeeding, and gastric fill fail to affect emesis in musk shrews. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G25-30 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications for how we treat patients who experience a constellation of side effects, including nausea and emesis, since stimulating appetite may not necessarily inhibit emetic pathways...
- Kadayakkara D, Beatty P, Turner M, Janjic J, Ahrens E, Finn O. Inflammation driven by overexpression of the hypoglycosylated abnormal mucin 1 (MUC1) links inflammatory bowel disease and pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2010;39:510-5 pubmed publisher..Therapies directed against abnormal MUC1 have the potential of targeting the disease in both sites. ..
- Qin S, Alcorn J, Craigo J, Tjoeng C, Tarwater P, Kolls J, et al. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate reduces airway inflammation in mice through binding to proinflammatory chemokines and inhibiting inflammatory cell recruitment. J Immunol. 2011;186:3693-700 pubmed publisher..These findings support further development of EGCG as a potent therapeutic for inflammatory diseases. ..
- Helfer B, Balducci A, Sadeghi Z, O Hanlon C, Hijaz A, Flask C, et al. ¹?F MRI tracer preserves in vitro and in vivo properties of hematopoietic stem cells. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:87-97 pubmed publisher..These data support the safety and efficacy of the MRI tracer for clinical tracking of human stem cells...
- Foley L, Iqbal O Meara A, Wisniewski S, Hitchens T, Melick J, Ho C, et al. MRI assessment of cerebral blood flow after experimental traumatic brain injury combined with hemorrhagic shock in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:129-36 pubmed publisher..The impact of resuscitation therapies and various mutant mouse strains on CBF and other outcomes merits investigation in this model. ..
- Xiao X, Guo P, Shiota C, Prasadan K, El Gohary Y, Wiersch J, et al. Neurogenin3 activation is not sufficient to direct duct-to-beta cell transdifferentiation in the adult pancreas. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25297-308 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Ngn3 activation in duct cells is not a signature for adult beta cell neogenesis. ..
- Brissette Storkus C, Reynolds S, Lepisto A, Hendricks R. Identification of a novel macrophage population in the normal mouse corneal stroma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2264-71 pubmed..Most these cells express the CD11b marker, but not other dendrite, granulocyte, T-cell, or NK markers, placing them in the monocyte/macrophage lineage. ..
- Cassino T, Drowley L, Okada M, Beckman S, Keller B, Tobita K, et al. Mechanical loading of stem cells for improvement of transplantation outcome in a model of acute myocardial infarction: the role of loading history. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:1101-8 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an important role for cyclic mechanical loading preconditioning of donor MDSCs in optimizing MDSC transplantation for myocardial repair. ..
- Li G, Peng H, Corsi K, Usas A, Olshanski A, Huard J. Differential effect of BMP4 on NIH/3T3 and C2C12 cells: implications for endochondral bone formation. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:1611-23 pubmed..These findings could have important implications for the development of tissue engineering applications focused on bone and cartilage repair. ..
- Miyamae T, Marinov A, Sowders D, Wilson D, Devlin J, Boudreau R, et al. Follistatin-like protein-1 is a novel proinflammatory molecule. J Immunol. 2006;177:4758-62 pubmed..Overexpression of FSTL-1 in mouse paws by gene transfer results in severe paw swelling and arthritis. ..
- Mueller G, Kashlan O, Bruns J, Maarouf A, Aridor M, Kleyman T, et al. Epithelial sodium channel exit from the endoplasmic reticulum is regulated by a signal within the carboxyl cytoplasmic domain of the alpha subunit. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33475-83 pubmed..These data indicate that ER exit of ENaC is regulated by a signal within the alpha subunit carboxyl cytoplasmic tail. ..
- Yu S, Jiang Y, Galson D, Luo M, Lai Y, Lu Y, et al. General transcription factor IIA-gamma increases osteoblast-specific osteocalcin gene expression via activating transcription factor 4 and runt-related transcription factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5542-53 pubmed publisher..This study shows that a general transcription factor, TFIIA gamma, facilitates osteoblast-specific gene expression through interactions with two important bone transcription factors ATF4 and Runx2. ..
- Li Y, Kang Y, Dai C, Kiss L, Wen X, Liu Y. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition is a potential pathway leading to podocyte dysfunction and proteinuria. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:299-308 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that podocyte dedifferentiation and mesenchymal transition could be a potential pathway leading to their dysfunction, thereby playing a role in the genesis of proteinuria. ..
- Liu Y, Yuan Y, Li Y, Zhang J, Xiao G, Vodovotz Y, et al. Interacting neuroendocrine and innate and acquired immune pathways regulate neutrophil mobilization from bone marrow following hemorrhagic shock. J Immunol. 2009;182:572-80 pubmed..Blocking this novel signaling axis may present a novel therapeutic target for posttrauma inflammation...
- Turner M, Kane L, Morel P. Dominant role of antigen dose in CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cell induction and expansion. J Immunol. 2009;183:4895-903 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this operates in a dominant fashion over DC phenotype and cytokine production. ..
- Ramsgaard L, Englert J, Tobolewski J, Tomai L, Fattman C, Leme A, et al. The role of the receptor for advanced glycation end-products in a murine model of silicosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9604 pubmed publisher..Aside from the difference in the fibrotic pattern, these studies showed no indicators of RAGE having an effect on the severity of pulmonary fibrosis following silica injury. ..
- Paredes J, Sims Lucas S, Wang H, Lu W, Coley B, Gittes G, et al. Assessing vesicoureteral reflux in live inbred mice via ultrasound with a microbubble contrast agent. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F1262-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, using animal models of known VUR, we demonstrate the utility of contrast-enhanced ultrasound to visualize reflux in live mice. ..
- Shao P, Bai M. Photostable, hydrophilic and functional near infrared quaterrylenediimide-cored dendrimers for biomedical imaging. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:9498-500 pubmed publisher..We describe a new class of near infrared (NIR) fluorescent dendrimeric quaterrylenediimide dyes with high photostability and hydrophilicity, functionality, as well as low cytotoxicity. ..
- Wang F, Sarmasik A, Hiruma Y, Sun Q, Sammut B, Windle J, et al. Measles virus nucleocapsid protein, a key contributor to Paget's disease, increases IL-6 expression via down-regulation of FoxO3/Sirt1 signaling. Bone. 2013;53:269-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MVNP decreases FoxO3/Sirt1 signaling to enhance the levels of IL-6, which in part mediate MVNP's contribution to the development of Paget's disease. ..
- Yoshino H, Miyamae T, Hansen G, Zambrowicz B, Flynn M, Pedicord D, et al. Postsynaptic diacylglycerol lipase mediates retrograde endocannabinoid suppression of inhibition in mouse prefrontal cortex. J Physiol. 2011;589:4857-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the close agreement between our pharmacological and genetic studies indicates that 2-AG synthesized by postsynaptic DAGL? mediates DSI in PFC neurons. ..
- Peng H, Huard J. Muscle-derived stem cells for musculoskeletal tissue regeneration and repair. Transpl Immunol. 2004;12:311-9 pubmed..This knowledge could greatly enhance the usefulness of muscle-derived stem cells, as well as other adult stem cells, for tissue repair and regeneration applications. ..
- Algood H, Flynn J. CCR5-deficient mice control Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection despite increased pulmonary lymphocytic infiltration. J Immunol. 2004;173:3287-96 pubmed..Bacterial numbers in the lymph nodes were also higher in CCR5(-/-) mice. Therefore, CCR5 may play a role in the migration of dendritic cells to and from the lymph nodes during M. tuberculosis infection. ..
- Trible R, Emert Sedlak L, Smithgall T. HIV-1 Nef selectively activates Src family kinases Hck, Lyn, and c-Src through direct SH3 domain interaction. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27029-38 pubmed..These data show that Nef selectively activates Hck, Lyn, and c-Src among SFKs, identifying these kinases as proximal effectors of Nef signaling and potential targets for anti-HIV drug discovery. ..
- Zhou J, Liu M, Zhai Y, Xie W. The antiapoptotic role of pregnane X receptor in human colon cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:868-80 pubmed..In summary, our results have established the antiapoptotic role of PXR in both human colon cancer cells and normal mouse colon epithelium. ..
- Ramachandran S, Knickelbein J, Ferko C, Hendricks R, Kinchington P. Development and pathogenic evaluation of recombinant herpes simplex virus type 1 expressing two fluorescent reporter genes from different lytic promoters. Virology. 2008;378:254-64 pubmed publisher..This virus constitutes a useful reagent for monitoring lytic viral promoter activity in sensory neurons in vivo and in vitro. ..