Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Publications1267 found, 100 shown here
- Engel N, Thorvaldsen J, Bartolomei M. CTCF binding sites promote transcription initiation and prevent DNA methylation on the maternal allele at the imprinted H19/Igf2 locus. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2945-54 pubmed
- Suaud L, Yan W, Carattino M, Robay A, Kleyman T, Rubenstein R. Regulatory interactions of N1303K-CFTR and ENaC in Xenopus oocytes: evidence that chloride transport is not necessary for inhibition of ENaC. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1553-61 pubmed..These data suggest that a structurally and functionally intact CFTR NBD-1 in activated CFTR can regulate mENaC surface expression independent of Cl(-) transport in Xenopus oocytes. ..
- Lum J, Bui T, Gruber M, Gordan J, DeBerardinis R, Covello K, et al. The transcription factor HIF-1alpha plays a critical role in the growth factor-dependent regulation of both aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1037-49 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that HIF-1alpha contributes to the regulation of growth factor-stimulated glucose metabolism even in the absence of hypoxia...
- Imai Y, Varela G, Jackson M, Graham M, Crooke R, Ahima R. Reduction of hepatosteatosis and lipid levels by an adipose differentiation-related protein antisense oligonucleotide. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1947-54 pubmed
- Wu J, Khan G, Nichols R. Dopamine release in prefrontal cortex in response to beta-amyloid activation of alpha7 * nicotinic receptors. Brain Res. 2007;1182:82-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Abeta alters dopamine release in mouse prefrontal cortex, perhaps involving distinct targets as it accumulates during Alzheimer's disease and leading to disruption of synaptic signaling. ..
- Finnberg N, Klein Szanto A, El Deiry W. TRAIL-R deficiency in mice promotes susceptibility to chronic inflammation and tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:111-23 pubmed..Thus TRAIL-R may function as an inflammation and tumor suppressor in multiple tissues in vivo. ..
- Garnacho C, Shuvaev V, Thomas A, McKenna L, Sun J, Koval M, et al. RhoA activation and actin reorganization involved in endothelial CAM-mediated endocytosis of anti-PECAM carriers: critical role for tyrosine 686 in the cytoplasmic tail of PECAM-1. Blood. 2008;111:3024-33 pubmed publisher..These results reveal PECAM-1 signaling and interactions with the cytoskeleton, which are required for CAM-endocytosis, and may provide safe intra-endothelial drug delivery by anti-PECAM/NCs. ..
- Nagayama M, Iwamoto M, Hargett A, Kamiya N, Tamamura Y, Young B, et al. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulates cranial base development and growth. J Dent Res. 2008;87:244-9 pubmed..This pathway promotes chondrocyte maturation and ossification events, and may exert this important role by dampening the effects of Ihh-PTHrP together with sFRP-1. ..
- Laje P, Shang D, Cao W, Niiya M, Endo M, Radu A, et al. Correction of murine ADAMTS13 deficiency by hematopoietic progenitor cell-mediated gene therapy. Blood. 2009;113:2172-80 pubmed publisher..This success may provide the basis for development of a novel therapeutic strategy to cure hereditary TTP in humans. ..
- Okeoma C, Low A, Bailis W, FAN H, Peterlin B, Ross S. Induction of APOBEC3 in vivo causes increased restriction of retrovirus infection. J Virol. 2009;83:3486-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, increasing the levels of this intrinsic antiretroviral factor in vivo can lead to increased levels of restriction because of higher levels of both cell-intrinsic as well as virion-packaged APOBEC3. ..
- Galati D, Srinivasan S, Raza H, Prabu S, Hardy M, Chandran K, et al. Role of nuclear-encoded subunit Vb in the assembly and stability of cytochrome c oxidase complex: implications in mitochondrial dysfunction and ROS production. Biochem J. 2009;420:439-49 pubmed publisher..We show for the first time the role of a peripheral, non-transmembrane subunit in the formation as well as function of the terminal CcO complex. ..
- Barton E. Restoration of gamma-sarcoglycan localization and mechanical signal transduction are independent in murine skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17263-70 pubmed publisher..This study shows that localization of gamma-SG does not require Tyr(6), but localization alone is insufficient for restoration of normal signal transduction patterns after mechanical perturbation. ..
- Majmundar A, Skuli N, Mesquita R, Kim M, Yodh A, Nguyen McCarty M, et al. O(2) regulates skeletal muscle progenitor differentiation through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:36-49 pubmed publisher..O(2) deprivation affects AKT activity by reducing insulin-like growth factor I receptor sensitivity to growth factors. We conclude that AKT represents a key molecular link between O(2) and skeletal muscle differentiation. ..
- Parsons R, Yu M, Vivek K, Zekavat G, Rostami S, Ziaie A, et al. Murine islet allograft tolerance upon blockade of the B-lymphocyte stimulator, BLyS/BAFF. Transplantation. 2012;93:676-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, B-lymphocyte-directed immunotherapy targeting the homeostatic regulator, BLyS, may be effective in promoting transplantation tolerance. ..
- Lagor W, Fields D, Khetarpal S, Kumaravel A, Lin W, Weintraub N, et al. The effects of apolipoprotein F deficiency on high density lipoprotein cholesterol metabolism in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31616 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, ApoB-depleted serum from male KO mice was less effective at promoting ABCA1-mediated cholesterol efflux from J774 macrophages relative to WT controls. ..
- Baranski J, Chaturvedi R, Stevens K, Eyckmans J, Carvalho B, Solorzano R, et al. Geometric control of vascular networks to enhance engineered tissue integration and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7586-91 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the importance of multicellular architecture in tissue integration and function, and our approach provides a unique strategy to engineer vascular architecture. ..
- Cideciyan A, Hufnagel R, Carroll J, Sumaroka A, Luo X, Schwartz S, et al. Human cone visual pigment deletions spare sufficient photoreceptors to warrant gene therapy. Hum Gene Ther. 2013;24:993-1006 pubmed publisher..The evidence indicates that human cones in patients with deletions in the red/green opsin gene array can survive in reduced numbers with limited outer segment material, suggesting potential value of gene therapy for BCM. ..
- Karpowicz R, Haney C, Mihaila T, Sandler R, Petersson E, Lee V. Selective imaging of internalized proteopathic Î±-synuclein seeds in primary neurons reveals mechanistic insight into transmission of synucleinopathies. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13482-13497 pubmed publisher..Further, lysosomal processing of transmitted seeds may represent a new therapeutic target to combat the spread of synucleinopathies. ..
- Goldhamer D, Faerman A, Shani M, Emerson C. Regulatory elements that control the lineage-specific expression of myoD. Science. 1992;256:538-42 pubmed..These data suggest that during development myoD is regulated by mechanisms that restrict accessibility of myoD control elements to positive trans-acting factors. ..
- Kuivaniemi H, Tromp G, Prockop D. Mutations in collagen genes: causes of rare and some common diseases in humans. FASEB J. 1991;5:2052-60 pubmed..Therefore, the results suggest that mutations in procollagen genes may cause a wide spectrum of both rare and common human diseases. ..
- Stambolian D, Favor J, Silvers W, Avner P, Chapman V, Zhou E. Mapping of the X-linked cataract (Xcat) mutation, the gene implicated in the Nance Horan syndrome, on the mouse X chromosome. Genomics. 1994;22:377-80 pubmed
- Kim T, Dodia C, Chen X, Hennigan B, Jain M, Feinstein S, et al. Cloning and expression of rat lung acidic Ca(2+)-independent PLA2 and its organ distribution. Am J Physiol. 1998;274:L750-61 pubmed..These results show marked enrichment of aiPLA2 in the lung compared with the other organs and suggest translational control of aiPLA2 expression. ..
- Chua M, MacNamara K, San Mateo L, Shen H, Weiss S. Effects of an epitope-specific CD8+ T-cell response on murine coronavirus central nervous system disease: protection from virus replication and antigen spread and selection of epitope escape mutants. J Virol. 2004;78:1150-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that the cytotoxic T-cell response to gp33-41 exerts a strong immune pressure that quickly selects epitope escape mutants to gp33-41. ..
- Swanson C, Puffer B, Ahmad K, Doms R, Malim M. Retroviral mRNA nuclear export elements regulate protein function and virion assembly. EMBO J. 2004;23:2632-40 pubmed..Thus, protein function and fate may depend upon the full and precise history of its encoding mRNA. ..
- Smith M, Joshi I, Jin F, Obasaju C. Enhanced efficacy of gemcitabine in combination with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody against CD20+ non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cell lines in vitro and in scid mice. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:103 pubmed
- Li Z, Wang C, Jiao X, Lu Y, Fu M, Quong A, et al. Cyclin D1 regulates cellular migration through the inhibition of thrombospondin 1 and ROCK signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4240-56 pubmed..Cyclin D1 promotes cellular motility through inhibiting ROCK signaling and repressing the metastasis suppressor TSP-1. ..
- Arafat H, Katakam A, Chipitsyna G, Gong Q, Vancha A, Gabbeta J, et al. Osteopontin protects the islets and beta-cells from interleukin-1 beta-mediated cytotoxicity through negative feedback regulation of nitric oxide. Endocrinology. 2007;148:575-84 pubmed
- Trivedi C, Lu M, Wang Q, Epstein J. Transgenic overexpression of Hdac3 in the heart produces increased postnatal cardiac myocyte proliferation but does not induce hypertrophy. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26484-9 pubmed publisher..These findings identify Hdac3 as a novel regulator of cardiac myocyte proliferation during cardiac development. ..
- Porrett P, Yuan X, LaRosa D, Walsh P, Yang J, Gao W, et al. Mechanisms underlying blockade of allograft acceptance by TLR ligands. J Immunol. 2008;181:1692-9 pubmed..Instead, graft destruction results from the ability of CpG to drive Th1 differentiation and interfere with immunoregulation established by alloreactive natural CD4(+)Foxp3(+) Tregs. ..
- Li H, Zhang G, Chen Y, Xu H, Fitzgerald D, Zhao Z, et al. CD11c+CD11b+ dendritic cells play an important role in intravenous tolerance and the suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2008;181:2483-93 pubmed..These results indicate that CD11c(+)CD11b(+) DCs, which are abundant in the CNS of tolerized animals, play a crucial role in i.v. tolerance and EAE and may be a candidate cell population for immunotherapy of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Marek R, Caruso M, Rostami A, Grinspan J, Das Sarma J. Magnetic cell sorting: a fast and effective method of concurrent isolation of high purity viable astrocytes and microglia from neonatal mouse brain tissue. J Neurosci Methods. 2008;175:108-18 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, these cultures can be applied to study the function of individual glial cells at the morphological and molecular level during normal and pathological condition. ..
- de Godoy M, Rattan N, Rattan S. COX-1 vs. COX-2 as a determinant of basal tone in the internal anal sphincter. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G219-25 pubmed publisher..05, n = 5). However, basal tone in COX-2(-/-) mice was not significantly different from that in wild-type mice. We conclude that COX-1-related products contribute significantly to IAS tone. ..
- Kim Y, Tewari M, Pajerowski J, Cai S, Sen S, Williams J, et al. Polymersome delivery of siRNA and antisense oligonucleotides. J Control Release. 2009;134:132-40 pubmed publisher..The lack of cationic groups in antisense polymersomes together with initial tests of efficacy suggests broader utility of these non-viral carriers. ..
- Singh M, Li Y, Li S, Cobb R, Zhou D, Lu M, et al. Gata4 and Gata5 cooperatively regulate cardiac myocyte proliferation in mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1765-72 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate functional redundancy between Gata4 and Gata5 during cardiac development and implicate Gata5 as a candidate modifier gene for congenital heart disease. ..
- Zaitsev S, Zaitzev S, Spitzer D, Murciano J, Ding B, Tliba S, et al. Targeting of a mutant plasminogen activator to circulating red blood cells for prophylactic fibrinolysis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332:1022-31 pubmed publisher..These results provide proof-of-principle for the development of a recombinant PA variant that binds to circulating RBC and provides thromboprophylaxis by use of a clinically relevant approach. ..
- El Behi M, Ciric B, Dai H, Yan Y, Cullimore M, Safavi F, et al. The encephalitogenicity of T(H)17 cells is dependent on IL-1- and IL-23-induced production of the cytokine GM-CSF. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:568-75 pubmed publisher..Such cross-regulation of IL-23 and GM-CSF explains the similar pattern of resistance to autoimmunity when either of the two cytokines is absent and identifies T(H)17 cells as a crucial source of GM-CSF in autoimmune inflammation. ..
- Banerjee A, Strazza M, Wigdahl B, Pirrone V, Meucci O, Nonnemacher M. Role of mu-opioids as cofactors in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 disease progression and neuropathogenesis. J Neurovirol. 2011;17:291-302 pubmed publisher..Understanding the opioid-HIV-1 interface at the molecular level is vitally important in designing better treatment strategies for HIV-1-infected patients who abuse opioids. ..
- Brown A, Epstein D. Otic ablation of smoothened reveals direct and indirect requirements for Hedgehog signaling in inner ear development. Development. 2011;138:3967-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data contribute to a better understanding of the intrinsic and extrinsic signaling properties of Shh during inner ear development. ..
- Macaluso M, Caracciolo V, Rizzo V, Sun A, Montanari M, Russo G, et al. Integrating role of T antigen, Rb2/p130, CTCF and BORIS in mediating non-canonical endoplasmic reticulum-dependent death pathways triggered by chronic ER stress in mouse medulloblastoma. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1841-50 pubmed publisher
- Uribe Herranz M, Lian L, Hooper K, Milora K, Jensen L. IL-1R1 signaling facilitates Munro's microabscess formation in psoriasiform imiquimod-induced skin inflammation. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:1541-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IL-1? and IL-1R1 signaling is essential for microabscess formation, neutrophil recruiting chemokine expression, and acanthosis in psoriasis-like skin inflammation induced by imiquimod. ..
- Kline C, van den Heuvel A, Allen J, Prabhu V, Dicker D, El Deiry W. ONC201 kills solid tumor cells by triggering an integrated stress response dependent on ATF4 activation by specific eIF2Î± kinases. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra18 pubmed publisher..These effects of ONC201 were independent of whether cancer cells had normal or mutant p53. Thus, ONC201 induces cell death through the coordinated induction of TRAIL by an ISR pathway. ..
- Paralkar V, Taborda C, Huang P, Yao Y, Kossenkov A, Prasad R, et al. Unlinking an lncRNA from Its Associated cis Element. Mol Cell. 2016;62:104-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the Lockd gene positively regulates Cdkn1b transcription through an enhancer-like cis element, whereas the lncRNA itself is dispensable, which may be the case for other lncRNAs. ..
- D Rozario M, Zhang T, Waddell E, Zhang Y, Sahin C, Sharoni M, et al. Type I bHLH Proteins Daughterless and Tcf4 Restrict Neurite Branching and Synapse Formation by Repressing Neurexin in Postmitotic Neurons. Cell Rep. 2016;15:386-97 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Daughterless performs this function in part by restricting the expression of the cell adhesion molecule Neurexin. This suggests a role for these proteins outside of their established roles in neurogenesis. ..
- Weiss I, Cash F, Coleman M, Pressley A, Adams J, Sanguansermsri T, et al. Molecular basis for alpha-thalassemia associated with the structural mutant hemoglobin Suan-Dok (alpha 2 109leu----arg). Blood. 1990;76:2630-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the thalassemic defect associated with the Suan-Dok mutation results from a significant instability of the alpha SD globin. ..
- Godeny E, Werner M, Brinton M. The 3'terminus of lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus genome RNA does not contain togavirus or flavivirus conserved sequences. Virology. 1989;172:647-50 pubmed..Comparison of the LDV 3' sequence with those of the alpha togaviruses, rubella virus, and the flaviviruses showed that the LDV genome does not contain conserved 3' sequences characteristic of these viruses...
- Damjanov I, Fox N, Knowles B, Solter D, Lange P, Fraley E. Immunohistochemical localization of murine stage-specific embryonic antigens in human testicular germ cell tumors. Am J Pathol. 1982;108:225-30 pubmed..The possible histogenesis of human germ cell tumors from primordial and/or fetal germ cells is briefly discussed. ..
- Zhang R, Pan T, Zhang Z, Mattei M, Timpl R, Chu M. Fibulin-2 (FBLN2): human cDNA sequence, mRNA expression, and mapping of the gene on human and mouse chromosomes. Genomics. 1994;22:425-30 pubmed..The expression pattern differs from that of fibulin-1. The fibulin-2 gene was localized by in situ hybridization to the p24-p25 region of human chromosome 3 and to the band D-E of mouse chromosome 6. ..
- Vora K, Manser T. Altering the antibody repertoire via transgene homologous recombination: evidence for global and clone-autonomous regulation of antigen-driven B cell differentiation. J Exp Med. 1995;181:271-81 pubmed..Thus, the development of B cell memory is regulated in a "clone-autonomous" fashion...
- Wegrowski Y, Pillarisetti J, Danielson K, Suzuki S, Iozzo R. The murine biglycan: complete cDNA cloning, genomic organization, promoter function, and expression. Genomics. 1995;30:8-17 pubmed..These results will be useful for the study of biglycan gene regulation and for the generation of mice with targeted null mutation of the Bgn gene. ..
- Morimoto K, Patel M, Corisdeo S, Hooper D, Fu Z, Rupprecht C, et al. Characterization of a unique variant of bat rabies virus responsible for newly emerging human cases in North America. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5653-8 pubmed
- Kumar A, Toscani A, Rane S, Reddy E. Structural organization and chromosomal mapping of JAK3 locus. Oncogene. 1996;13:2009-14 pubmed..Using in situ hybridization and FISH analysis, we have mapped the JAK3 gene to human chromosome 19p13.1-p13.2. ..
- Katz R, Greger J, Darby K, Boimel P, Rall G, Skalka A. Transduction of interphase cells by avian sarcoma virus. J Virol. 2002;76:5422-34 pubmed..Lastly, we observed that ASV can transduce postmitotic mouse neurons. These results support an active nuclear import mechanism for the oncoretrovirus ASV and suggest that this mechanism can operate in both nondividing and dividing cells...
- Rathmell J, Lindsten T, Zong W, Cinalli R, Thompson C. Deficiency in Bak and Bax perturbs thymic selection and lymphoid homeostasis. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:932-9 pubmed
- Connolly D, Bao R, Nikitin A, Stephens K, Poole T, Hua X, et al. Female mice chimeric for expression of the simian virus 40 TAg under control of the MISIIR promoter develop epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2003;63:1389-97 pubmed
- Grigoriou V, Shapiro I, Cavalcanti Adam E, Composto R, Ducheyne P, Adams C. Apoptosis and survival of osteoblast-like cells are regulated by surface attachment. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1733-9 pubmed..These results indicated that the binding of cells to RGDS abrogated apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway and that the suppression of apoptosis was dependent on the activity of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. ..
- Lyubarsky A, Daniele L, Pugh E. From candelas to photoisomerizations in the mouse eye by rhodopsin bleaching in situ and the light-rearing dependence of the major components of the mouse ERG. Vision Res. 2004;44:3235-51 pubmed..The intensity that produces a half-saturating rod b-wave response is 0.3-0.6 photoisomerizations rod(-1), and the amplification constant of the rod a-wave is 5-6 s(-2) photoisomerization(-1), with little dependence on the strain. ..
- Kissil J, Walmsley M, Hanlon L, Haigis K, Bender Kim C, Sweet Cordero A, et al. Requirement for Rac1 in a K-ras induced lung cancer in the mouse. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8089-94 pubmed..These data show a specific requirement for Rac1 function in cells expressing oncogenic K-ras. ..
- Sun J, Krawczyk C, Pearce E. Suppression of Th2 cell development by Notch ligands Delta1 and Delta4. J Immunol. 2008;180:1655-61 pubmed..The promotion of Th1 cell development by Delta is not a reflection of the delivery of pro-Th1 instructional signal, but rather it is the result of a block in the downstream effects initiated by IL-4 signaling. ..
- Cho G, Bhat S, Gao J, Collins J, Rogers R, Simensen R, et al. Evidence that SIZN1 is a candidate X-linked mental retardation gene. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:2644-50 pubmed publisher..We report on four different sequence variants in SIZN1 in 11 individuals with nonsyndromic X-linked mental retardation (XLMR). Our data implicate SIZN1 as a candidate gene for XLMR and/or as a neurocognitive functional modifier. ..
- Mukherjee R, Plesa G, Sherrill Mix S, Richardson M, Riley J, Bushman F. HIV sequence variation associated with env antisense adoptive T-cell therapy in the hNSG mouse model. Mol Ther. 2010;18:803-11 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, this enrichment was only detected after the challenge with HIV-1(BaL), where the viral genome would form an imperfect duplex with envAS, and not HIV-1(NL4-3), where a perfectly matched duplex would form. ..
- Daniel J, Dangelmaier C, Mada S, Buitrago L, Jin J, Langdon W, et al. Cbl-b is a novel physiologic regulator of glycoprotein VI-dependent platelet activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17282-91 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Cbl-b plays a positive modulatory role in GPVI-dependent platelet signaling, which translates to an important regulatory role in hemostasis and thrombosis in vivo. ..
- Bermudez D, Xu J, Herdrich B, Radu A, Mitchell M, Liechty K. Inhibition of stromal cell-derived factor-1? further impairs diabetic wound healing. J Vasc Surg. 2011;53:774-84 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that SDF-1? is a critical component of the normal wound-healing response and that inhibition of SDF-1? would further delay the wound-healing process...
- Rahman A, Zhang R, Blosser C, Hou B, DeFranco A, Maltzman J, et al. Antiviral memory CD8 T-cell differentiation, maintenance, and secondary expansion occur independently of MyD88. Blood. 2011;117:3123-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarify the importance of MyD88 during distinct phases of the antiviral T-cell response and establish differential dependence on MyD88 signaling as a novel characteristic that distinguishes naive from memory CD8 T cells. ..
- Cheng Z, Jiang X, Kruger W, Pratico D, Gupta S, Mallilankaraman K, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia impairs endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated vasorelaxation in transgenic cystathionine beta synthase-deficient mice. Blood. 2011;118:1998-2006 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HHcy impairs EDHF relaxation in SMAs by inhibiting SK/IK activities via oxidation- and tyrosine nitration-related mechanisms. ..
- Hensley H, Roder N, O Brien S, Bickel L, Xiao F, Litwin S, et al. Combined in vivo molecular and anatomic imaging for detection of ovarian carcinoma-associated protease activity and integrin expression in mice. Neoplasia. 2012;14:451-62 pubmed
- Peterson M, Gimmi E, Perry R. The developmentally regulated shift from membrane to secreted mu mRNA production is accompanied by an increase in cleavage-polyadenylation efficiency but no measurable change in splicing efficiency. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:2324-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that there is a 50 to 100% increase in cleavage-polyadenylation efficiency but no measurable change in splicing efficiency as maturation proceeds from the B-cell to plasma cell stage. ..
- Pure E, Camp R, Peritt D, Panettieri R, Lazaar A, Nayak S. Defective phosphorylation and hyaluronate binding of CD44 with point mutations in the cytoplasmic domain. J Exp Med. 1995;181:55-62 pubmed..The effect of these mutations can be partially reversed by a monoclonal anti-CD44 antibody that enhances CD44-mediated HA binding. ..
- Latham K, Litvin J, Orth J, Patel B, Mettus R, Reddy E. Temporal patterns of A-myb and B-myb gene expression during testis development. Oncogene. 1996;13:1161-8 pubmed
- Wang B, Golemis E, Kruh G. ArgBP2, a multiple Src homology 3 domain-containing, Arg/Abl-interacting protein, is phosphorylated in v-Abl-transformed cells and localized in stress fibers and cardiocyte Z-disks. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17542-50 pubmed..In addition, the localization of ArgBP2 to Z-disks suggests that ArgBP2 may influence the contractile or elastic properties of cardiac sarcomeres and that the Z-disk is a target of signal transduction cascades. ..
- Koch C, Chasan J, Jenkins W, Chan C, Laughlin K, Evans S. Co-localization of hypoxia and apoptosis in irradiated and untreated HCT116 human colon carcinoma xenografts. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1998;454:611-8 pubmed..Apoptosis was assessed using a commercial kit which stains damaged DNA. Although the apoptosis stain was unlikely to exclude other forms of cell death (necrosis, pyknosis) all staining was found to associate with regions of near anoxia. ..
- Wang C, Nolan T, Schad G, Abraham D. Infection of mice with the helminth Strongyloides stercoralis suppresses pulmonary allergic responses to ovalbumin. Clin Exp Allergy. 2001;31:495-503 pubmed
- Walters C, Blendy J. Different requirements for cAMP response element binding protein in positive and negative reinforcing properties of drugs of abuse. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9438-44 pubmed..These data may provide the first paradigm for differential vulnerability to various drugs of abuse. ..
- Graves L, Dalvi A, Lucki I, Blendy J, Abel T. Behavioral analysis of CREB alphadelta mutation on a B6/129 F1 hybrid background. Hippocampus. 2002;12:18-26 pubmed..These studies underscore the importance of controlling for genetic background in the behavioral analysis of knockout and transgenic mice. ..
- Xu R, Hranilovic D, Fetsko L, Bucan M, Wang Y. Dopamine D2S and D2L receptors may differentially contribute to the actions of antipsychotic and psychotic agents in mice. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7:1075-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that D2S and D2L may differentially contribute to the therapeutic actions and side effects of antipsychotic agents, and may have implications for developing better antipsychotic agents. ..
- Abtahian F, Guerriero A, Sebzda E, Lu M, Zhou R, Mocsai A, et al. Regulation of blood and lymphatic vascular separation by signaling proteins SLP-76 and Syk. Science. 2003;299:247-51 pubmed..These studies reveal a hematopoietic signaling pathway required for separation of the two major vascular networks in mammals...
- Maldonado M, Baybis M, Newman D, Kolson D, Chen W, McKhann G, et al. Expression of ICAM-1, TNF-alpha, NF kappa B, and MAP kinase in tubers of the tuberous sclerosis complex. Neurobiol Dis. 2003;14:279-90 pubmed
- Zhou J, Rothman V, Sargiannidou I, Dimitrov S, Qiu C, Smith E, et al. Cloning and characterization of angiocidin, a tumor cell binding protein for thrombospondin-1. J Cell Biochem. 2004;92:125-46 pubmed..Such proteins may function as tumor-suppressor proteins, which limit the growth of tumors by inhibiting angiogenesis and cell matrix interaction. ..
- Yang W, Wang Q, Howell K, Lee J, Cho D, Murray J, et al. ADAR1 RNA deaminase limits short interfering RNA efficacy in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3946-53 pubmed..These results identify ADAR1 as a cellular factor that limits the efficacy of siRNA in mammalian cells. ..
- Zhang L, Yang N, Huang J, Buckanovich R, Liang S, Barchetti A, et al. Transcriptional coactivator Drosophila eyes absent homologue 2 is up-regulated in epithelial ovarian cancer and promotes tumor growth. Cancer Res. 2005;65:925-32 pubmed..Therefore, this study suggests an important role of EYA2 in ovarian cancer and its potential application as a therapeutic target. ..
- Turner D, Cortellino S, Schupp J, Caretti E, Loh T, Kinsella T, et al. The DNA N-glycosylase MED1 exhibits preference for halogenated pyrimidines and is involved in the cytotoxicity of 5-iododeoxyuridine. Cancer Res. 2006;66:7686-93 pubmed..These findings establish MED1 as a bona fide repair activity for the removal of halogenated bases and indicate that MED1 may play a significant role in 5IdU cytotoxicity. ..
- Lin S, Cun A, Harris McCoy K, Ertl H. Intramuscular rather than oral administration of replication-defective adenoviral vaccine vector induces specific CD8+ T cell responses in the gut. Vaccine. 2007;25:2187-93 pubmed..The gag-specific CD8(+) T cell responses were present in both acute and memory phases following intramuscular administration. ..
- Chiang M, Xu L, Shestova O, Histen G, L Heureux S, Romany C, et al. Leukemia-associated NOTCH1 alleles are weak tumor initiators but accelerate K-ras-initiated leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3181-94 pubmed publisher..Even when Notch1 participates secondarily, the resulting tumors show "addiction" to Notch, providing a further rationale for evaluating Notch signaling pathway inhibitors in leukemia. ..
- Mueller B, Bale T. Sex-specific programming of offspring emotionality after stress early in pregnancy. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9055-65 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that stress experience early in pregnancy may contribute to male neurodevelopmental disorders through impacts on placental function and fetal development. ..
- Cengel K, Diffenderfer E, Avery S, Kennedy A, McDonough J. Using electron beam radiation to simulate the dose distribution for whole body solar particle event proton exposure. Radiat Environ Biophys. 2010;49:715-21 pubmed publisher..These studies will help to better define the topography of the time-dose-fractionation versus biological response landscape for astronaut exposure to an SPE...