Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: in situ hybridization
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Hatini V, DiNardo S. Distinct signals generate repeating striped pattern in the embryonic parasegment. Mol Cell. 2001;7:151-60 pubmed..Thus, a distinct inductive event is used to initiate each element of the repeating striped pattern. ..
- Boudreau F, Rings E, Swain G, Sinclair A, Suh E, Silberg D, et al. A novel colonic repressor element regulates intestinal gene expression by interacting with Cux/CDP. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5467-78 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an intestinal gene can be repressed in the distal gut and identify Cux/CDP as a regulator of this repression during development. ..
- Shimo T, Wu C, Billings P, Piddington R, Rosenbloom J, Pacifici M, et al. Expression, gene regulation, and roles of Fisp12/CTGF in developing tooth germs. Dev Dyn. 2002;224:267-78 pubmed
- Campbell M, Gress C, Appleman E, Jacenko O. Chicken collagen X regulatory sequences restrict transgene expression to hypertrophic cartilage in mice. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:487-99 pubmed..Moreover, the 4.7-kb hypertrophic cartilage-specific promoter could be used for targeting transgenes to this tissue site in mice. ..
- Andl T, Ahn K, Kairo A, Chu E, Wine Lee L, Reddy S, et al. Epithelial Bmpr1a regulates differentiation and proliferation in postnatal hair follicles and is essential for tooth development. Development. 2004;131:2257-68 pubmed..These results provide definitive genetic evidence that epithelial Bmpr1a is required for completion of tooth morphogenesis, and regulates terminal differentiation and proliferation in postnatal hair follicles. ..
- Sun L, Ryan D, Zhou M, Sun T, Lavker R. EEDA: a protein associated with an early stage of stratified epithelial differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:103-11 pubmed..Our results indicate that EEDA is involved in the early stages of normal epithelial differentiation, and that EEDA is important for the "normal" differentiation pathway in a wide range of stratified epithelia. ..
- Sweet T, Yen W, Khalili K, Amini S. Evidence for involvement of NFBP in processing of ribosomal RNA. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:381-8 pubmed..Using Northern blot analyses, we further show that NFBP is specifically necessary for cleavages at sites A0, 1, and 2, as unprocessed intermediate forms of rRNA accumulated in the absence of NFBP. ..
- Montone K, LiVolsi V, Lanza D, Kennedy D, Palmer J, Chiu A, et al. In situ hybridization for specific fungal organisms in acute invasive fungal rhinosinusitis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011;135:190-9 pubmed publisher..In our study, 60% of AIFRS cases had fungal nucleic acid preservation. ISH can effectively identify fungi in AIFRS. ISH for specific fungal pathogens may aid in species identification in specimens with negative cultures. ..
- Reid C, Zhang Y, Sheets M, Kessler D. Transcriptional integration of Wnt and Nodal pathways in establishment of the Spemann organizer. Dev Biol. 2012;368:231-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results offer a mechanism for spatial and temporal restriction of organizer gene transcription by the integration of two major signaling pathways, thus establishing the Spemann organizer domain. ..
- Eberwine J, Lovatt D, Buckley P, Dueck H, Francis C, Kim T, et al. Quantitative biology of single neurons. J R Soc Interface. 2012;9:3165-83 pubmed publisher..With the application of new highly sensitive molecular and genomic technologies, the quantitative biochemistry of single cells is now accessible. ..
- Rajan J, Marquis S, Gardner H, Chodosh L. Developmental expression of Brca2 colocalizes with Brca1 and is associated with proliferation and differentiation in multiple tissues. Dev Biol. 1997;184:385-401 pubmed..These observations suggest that the gender-specific differences in phenotype associated with germline mutations in BRCA2 versus BRCA1 may be related to the differential regulation of these genes by sex hormones. ..
- Zelent D, Golson M, Koeberlein B, Quintens R, Van Lommel L, Buettger C, et al. A glucose sensor role for glucokinase in anterior pituitary cells. Diabetes. 2006;55:1923-9 pubmed
- Uzzell T, Stolzenberg E, Shinnar A, Zasloff M. Hagfish intestinal antimicrobial peptides are ancient cathelicidins. Peptides. 2003;24:1655-67 pubmed..We suggest that this tissue organization provides local defense of the hagfish gastrointestinal tract via innate immunity and possibly served as the architectural plan upon which the adaptive immune system evolved...
- Wolfe J, Deshmane S, Fraser N. Herpesvirus vector gene transfer and expression of beta-glucuronidase in the central nervous system of MPS VII mice. Nat Genet. 1992;1:379-84 pubmed
- Klatt N, Villinger F, Bostik P, Gordon S, Pereira L, Engram J, et al. Availability of activated CD4+ T cells dictates the level of viremia in naturally SIV-infected sooty mangabeys. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2039-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the availability of activated CD4+ T cells, rather than immune control of SIV replication, is the main determinant of set-point viral load during natural SIV infection of SMs. ..
- Raj A, Tyagi S. Detection of individual endogenous RNA transcripts in situ using multiple singly labeled probes. Methods Enzymol. 2010;472:365-86 pubmed publisher..This method is simple to implement and is applicable to a variety of biological samples. We also discuss some aspects of image processing required for analyzing the resulting data. ..
- Gonzaga S, Henriques Coelho T, Davey M, Zoltick P, Leite Moreira A, Correia Pinto J, et al. Cystic adenomatoid malformations are induced by localized FGF10 overexpression in fetal rat lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;39:346-55 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for FGF10 in the induction of human CCAM and provide further mechanistic insight into the role of FGF10 in normal and abnormal lung development. ..
- Wilkins B, Lorent K, Matthews R, Pack M. p53-mediated biliary defects caused by knockdown of cirh1a, the zebrafish homolog of the gene responsible for North American Indian Childhood Cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77670 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first in vivo evidence of a role for Cirhin in biliary development, and support the hypothesis that congenital defects affecting ribosome biogenesis can activate a cellular stress response mediated by p53. ..
- Shimo T, Gentili C, Iwamoto M, Wu C, Koyama E, Pacifici M. Indian hedgehog and syndecans-3 coregulate chondrocyte proliferation and function during chick limb skeletogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:607-17 pubmed..The data are the first to indicate that Ihh action in chondrocyte proliferation involves syndecan-3 and to identify a specific member of the syndecan family as mediator of hedgehog function. ..
- Zielinski J, Kilk K, Peritz T, Kannanayakal T, Miyashiro K, Eiríksdóttir E, et al. In vivo identification of ribonucleoprotein-RNA interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1557-62 pubmed..These data show that the PNA-assisted identification of the RBP technique is a reliable method to rapidly identify proteins interacting in vivo with the target RNA. ..
- Stairs D, Perry Gardner H, Ha S, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning and characterization of Krct, a member of a novel subfamily of serine/threonine kinases. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:2157-66 pubmed..In addition, Krct is located on mouse chromosome 11 closely linked to the epidermal growth factor receptor and, therefore, is likely to be co-amplified in a variety of human tumors. ..
- Cha X, Pierce R, Kalivas P, Mackler S. NAC-1, a rat brain mRNA, is increased in the nucleus accumbens three weeks after chronic cocaine self-administration. J Neurosci. 1997;17:6864-71 pubmed..Regulation of NAC-1 mRNA in the nucleus accumbens demonstrates a long-term effect of cocaine use on cellular function that may be relevant in behavioral sensitization or cocaine self-administration. ..
- Loomes K, Taichman D, Glover C, Williams P, Markowitz J, Piccoli D, et al. Characterization of Notch receptor expression in the developing mammalian heart and liver. Am J Med Genet. 2002;112:181-9 pubmed..JAG1 is also expressed in cells adjacent to those expressing Notch2, suggesting a possible ligand receptor relationship. The Notch receptors have distinct roles in cell fate determination in different organ systems. ..
- Venneti S, Boateng L, Friedman J, Baldwin D, Tobias J, Judkins A, et al. MiRNA-9 and MiRNA-200a distinguish hemangioblastomas from metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomas in the CNS. Brain Pathol. 2012;22:522-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-9 and miR-200a can distinguish between hemangioblastomas and Met CCRCC. Further, these results may also provide insight in understanding the biology of hemangioblastomas. ..
- Wang X, Ray K, Szpirer J, Levan G, Liebhaber S, Cooke N. Analysis of the human cysteine-rich protein gene (CSRP), assignment to chromosome 1q24-1q32, and identification of an associated MspI polymorphism. Genomics. 1992;14:391-7 pubmed..A common MspI polymorphism is identified and mapped to intron 4 of the hCRP gene. The chromosomal localization and restriction site polymorphism should prove useful in future studies of the function of this gene. ..
- Sax J, Fei P, Murphy M, Bernhard E, Korsmeyer S, El Deiry W. BID regulation by p53 contributes to chemosensitivity. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:842-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that BID is a p53-responsive 'chemosensitivity gene' that may enhance the cell death response to chemotherapy. ..
- Wu S, Yoshiko Y, De Luca F. Stanniocalcin 1 acts as a paracrine regulator of growth plate chondrogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5120-7 pubmed..Last, the expression of both STC1 and its binding site in the growth plate would support an autocrine/paracrine role for this growth factor in the regulation of growth plate chondrogenesis. ..
- Murdoch A, Liu B, Schwarting R, Tuan R, Iozzo R. Widespread expression of perlecan proteoglycan in basement membranes and extracellular matrices of human tissues as detected by a novel monoclonal antibody against domain III and by in situ hybridization. J Histochem Cytochem. 1994;42:239-49 pubmed..The availability of MAb against precise regions of human perlecan will allow the investigation of this gene product in normal and diseased states. ..
- Seykora J, Mei L, Dotto G, Stein P. 'Srcasm: a novel Src activating and signaling molecule. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2812-22 pubmed..Srcasm is capable of interacting with Grb2 and the regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase, p85, in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. The evidence suggests that Srcasm may help promote Src family kinase signaling in cells. ..
- Jeong Y, Epstein D. Distinct regulators of Shh transcription in the floor plate and notochord indicate separate origins for these tissues in the mouse node. Development. 2003;130:3891-902 pubmed..X-gal-positive cells emerging from the node were only detected in the notochord lineage, suggesting that the floor plate and notochord arise from distinct precursors in the mouse node. ..
- Dore L, Amigo J, Dos Santos C, Zhang Z, Gai X, Tobias J, et al. A GATA-1-regulated microRNA locus essential for erythropoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3333-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a miRNA locus that is required for erythropoiesis and uncover a new regulatory axis through which GATA-1 controls this process. ..
- Tatard V, Xiang C, Biegel J, Dahmane N. ZNF238 is expressed in postmitotic brain cells and inhibits brain tumor growth. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1236-46 pubmed publisher..ZNF238 is thus a novel brain tumor suppressor and its reactivation in tumors could open a novel anticancer strategy. ..
- Deardorff M, Tan C, Conrad L, Klein P. Frizzled-8 is expressed in the Spemann organizer and plays a role in early morphogenesis. Development. 1998;125:2687-700 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for xfz8 in morphogenesis during the gastrula stage of embryogenesis. ..
- Guo H, Mason W, Aldrich C, Saputelli J, Miller D, Jilbert A, et al. Identification and characterization of avihepadnaviruses isolated from exotic anseriformes maintained in captivity. J Virol. 2005;79:2729-42 pubmed publisher..Despite this, all of the new isolates were infectious for primary cultures of Pekin duck hepatocytes, and infectivity in young Pekin ducks was demonstrated for all but the ashy-headed sheldgoose isolate...
- Schumacher J, Hashiguchi M, Nguyen V, Mullins M. An intermediate level of BMP signaling directly specifies cranial neural crest progenitor cells in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27403 pubmed publisher..Together these results add substantial evidence to a model in which graded BMP signaling acts as a morphogen to pattern the ectoderm, with an intermediate level acting in neural crest specification. ..
- Silberg D, Swain G, Suh E, Traber P. Cdx1 and cdx2 expression during intestinal development. Gastroenterology. 2000;119:961-71 pubmed..The relative expression of Cdx1 to Cdx2 protein may be important in the anterior to posterior patterning of the intestinal epithelium and in defining patterns of proliferation and differentiation along the crypt-villus axis. ..
- Nelson P, Baldwin D, Kloosterman W, Kauppinen S, Plasterk R, Mourelatos Z. RAKE and LNA-ISH reveal microRNA expression and localization in archival human brain. RNA. 2006;12:187-91 pubmed..The ability to profile miRNAs from archival tissues at the tissue level, by RAKE microarrays, and at the cellular level by LNA-ISH, will accelerate studies of miRNAs in human diseases. ..
- Cui S, Leyva Vega M, Tsai E, Eauclaire S, Glessner J, Hakonarson H, et al. Evidence from human and zebrafish that GPC1 is a biliary atresia susceptibility gene. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:1107-1115.e3 pubmed publisher..Based on genetic analysis of patients with BA and zebrafish, GPC1 appears to be a BA susceptibility gene. These findings also support a role for Hedgehog signaling in the pathogenesis of BA. ..
- Prasad R, Zhadanov A, Sedkov Y, Bullrich F, Druck T, Rallapalli R, et al. Structure and expression pattern of human ALR, a novel gene with strong homology to ALL-1 involved in acute leukemia and to Drosophila trithorax. Oncogene. 1997;15:549-60 pubmed..Based on similarities in structure and expression pattern, ALR is likely to play a similar role to ALL-1 and trx, although its target genes have yet to be identified. ..
- Panzer J, Gibbs S, Dosch R, Wagner D, Mullins M, Granato M, et al. Neuromuscular synaptogenesis in wild-type and mutant zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;285:340-57 pubmed..Identification of the underlying genetic defects in these mutants will extend our understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie the formation and function of neuromuscular and other synapses. ..
- Shah R, Koniski A, Shinde M, Blythe S, Fass D, Haggarty S, et al. Regulation of primitive hematopoiesis by class I histone deacetylases. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:108-21 pubmed publisher..Our work also demonstrates that specific developmental defects associated with exposure to VPA, a significant teratogen in humans, arise through inhibition of class I HDACs. ..
- Fujioka M, Jaynes J, Goto T. Early even-skipped stripes act as morphogenetic gradients at the single cell level to establish engrailed expression. Development. 1995;121:4371-82 pubmed..In addition, we show that the early eve gradient is sufficient, at its posterior edge, for subdividing the ftz domain into engrailed expressing and non-expressing cells. ..
- Tsuda T, Wang H, Timpl R, Chu M. Fibulin-2 expression marks transformed mesenchymal cells in developing cardiac valves, aortic arch vessels, and coronary vessels. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:89-100 pubmed..Thus, fibulin-2 not only uniquely marks the transformed mesenchymal cells during mouse embryonic cardiovascular development, but also indicates vascular endothelial cells of coronary arteries and veins in postnatal life. ..
- Brown C, Feiner L, Lu M, Li J, Ma X, Webber A, et al. PlexinA2 and semaphorin signaling during cardiac neural crest development. Development. 2001;128:3071-80 pubmed..These data suggest a parallel between the function of semaphorin signaling in the central nervous system and in the patterning of cardiac neural crest in the periphery. ..
- Haberland Carrodeguas C, Fornatora M, Reich R, Freedman P. Detection of human papillomavirus DNA in oral inverted ductal papillomas. J Clin Pathol. 2003;56:910-3 pubmed..These are the first documented cases of oral IDP to demonstrate positivity for HPV DNA and also to show histological features of HPV infection. ..
- D ANGELO M, Yan Z, Nooreyazdan M, Pacifici M, Sarment D, Billings P, et al. MMP-13 is induced during chondrocyte hypertrophy. J Cell Biochem. 2000;77:678-93 pubmed..These results suggest that MMP-13 is activated by MMP-2 during chondrocyte maturation, and that the combination of both proteinases is required to prepare cartilage matrix for subsequent calcification, before endochondral ossification. ..
- Schell Apacik C, Rivero M, Knepper J, Roessler E, Muenke M, Ming J. SONIC HEDGEHOG mutations causing human holoprosencephaly impair neural patterning activity. Hum Genet. 2003;113:170-7 pubmed..These studies are the first demonstration that mutations in SHH associated with human HPE perturb the in vivo patterning function of SHH in the developing nervous system...
- Howard P, Renfrow D, Schechter N, Kucich U. Mast cell chymase is a possible mediator of neurogenic bladder fibrosis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2004;23:374-82 pubmed..Bladder fibrosis may be mediated by mast cell chymase stimulation of collagen synthesis. ..
- Baybis M, Yu J, Lee A, Golden J, Weiner H, McKhann G, et al. mTOR cascade activation distinguishes tubers from focal cortical dysplasia. Ann Neurol. 2004;56:478-87 pubmed..Phospho-S6 expression alone in BCs does not support mTOR cascade activation in FCD. Differential gene expression profiles in BCs and GCs supports the hypothesis that these cell types derive by distinct pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Strayer D, Yang S, Schwartz M. Epidermal growth factor-like growth factors. I. Breast malignancies and other epithelial proliferations in transgenic mice. Lab Invest. 1993;69:660-73 pubmed..These viral growth factors are glycoproteins, whereas all other members of the epidermal growth factor family are proteins...
- Sang N, Fath D, Giordano A. A gene highly expressed in tumor cells encodes novel structure proteins. Oncogene. 2004;23:9438-46 pubmed..These results suggest that NSPs represent a new family of structure proteins with a possible role in nuclear dynamics during cell division, and that NSP5alpha3alpha may serve as a tumor marker. ..
- Jensen P, Lavker R. Modulation of the plasminogen activator cascade during enhanced epidermal proliferation in vivo. Cell Growth Differ. 1996;7:1793-804 pubmed
- Fujioka M, Yusibova G, Sackerson C, Tillib S, Mazo A, Satake M, et al. Runt domain partner proteins enhance DNA binding and transcriptional repression in cultured Drosophila cells. Genes Cells. 1996;1:741-54 pubmed..Drosophila Runt can interact with either of two Runt domain partners, and the resulting complex functions as an active repressor of transcription. ..
- Labosky P, Kaestner K. The winged helix transcription factor Hfh2 is expressed in neural crest and spinal cord during mouse development. Mech Dev. 1998;76:185-90 pubmed..Using linkage analysis we have localized the Hfh2 gene to chromosome 4 at 44.91 cM from the centromere. ..
- Jacob A, Manjunath N, Bray Ward P, Kandpal R. Molecular cloning of a zinc finger gene eZNF from a human inner ear cDNA library, and in situ expression pattern of its mouse homologue in mouse inner ear. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1998;24:121-9 pubmed
- Morrisey E, Musco S, Chen M, Lu M, Leiden J, Parmacek M. The gene encoding the mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein Dab2 is differentially regulated by GATA-6 and GATA-4 in the visceral endoderm. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19949-54 pubmed..Moreover, these data demonstrate that molecular mechanisms have evolved that direct, and distinguish, the functional specificity of GATA family members when they are developmentally coexpressed. ..
- Chin A, Tsang M, Weinberg E. Heart and gut chiralities are controlled independently from initial heart position in the developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2000;227:403-21 pubmed
- Thomopoulos S, Williams G, Gimbel J, Favata M, Soslowsky L. Variation of biomechanical, structural, and compositional properties along the tendon to bone insertion site. J Orthop Res. 2003;21:413-9 pubmed..Thus, the tendon to bony insertion site varies dramatically along its length in terms of its viscoelastic properties, collagen structure, and extracellular matrix composition. ..
- Chennathukuzhi V, Morales C, El Alfy M, Hecht N. The kinesin KIF17b and RNA-binding protein TB-RBP transport specific cAMP-responsive element modulator-regulated mRNAs in male germ cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15566-71 pubmed
- Guo Y, Cheong N, Zhang Z, De Rose R, Deng Y, Farber S, et al. Tim50, a component of the mitochondrial translocator, regulates mitochondrial integrity and cell death. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24813-25 pubmed..Thus Tim50 is important for both mitochondrial function and early neuronal development. ..
- Song J, Park R, Kim J, Hughes L, Lu L, Kim S, et al. Dual function of Yap in the regulation of lens progenitor cells and cellular polarity. Dev Biol. 2014;386:281-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results shed new light on Yap's indispensable and novel organizing role in mammalian organ size control by coordinating multiple events including cell proliferation, differentiation, and polarity. ..
- Marquis S, Rajan J, Wynshaw Boris A, Xu J, Yin G, Abel K, et al. The developmental pattern of Brca1 expression implies a role in differentiation of the breast and other tissues. Nat Genet. 1995;11:17-26 pubmed..These observations imply that Brca1 is involved in the processes of proliferation and differentiation in multiple tissues, notably in the mammary gland in response to ovarian hormones. ..
- Carding S, Allan W, McMickle A, Doherty P. Activation of cytokine genes in T cells during primary and secondary murine influenza pneumonia. J Exp Med. 1993;177:475-82 pubmed..If this response is typical, induction of cytokine gene expression for T cells that are not responding directly to the invading pathogen may be a prominent feature of acute virus infections. ..
- Danielson K, Fazzio A, Cohen I, Cannizzaro L, Eichstetter I, Iozzo R. The human decorin gene: intron-exon organization, discovery of two alternatively spliced exons in the 5' untranslated region, and mapping of the gene to chromosome 12q23. Genomics. 1993;15:146-60 pubmed..This study provides the molecular basis for discerning the transcriptional control of the decorin gene and offers the opportunity to investigate genetic disorders linked to this important human gene. ..
- Sehgal A, Presente A, Engelhardt J. Developmental expression patterns of CFTR in ferret tracheal surface airway and submucosal gland epithelia. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1996;15:122-31 pubmed publisher..Such findings suggest that differentiation of gland progenitor cells to CFTR-expressing submucosal gland cells occurs very early within submucosal gland development and morphogenesis...
- Chen F, Collin G, Liu K, Beier D, Eccles M, Nishina P, et al. Characterization of the murine Lbx2 promoter, identification of the human homologue, and evaluation as a candidate for Alström syndrome. Genomics. 2001;74:219-27 pubmed..Although polymorphisms were identified, our results indicate that mutations in the coding region of LBX2 do not account for Alström syndrome in the six kindreds analyzed. ..
- Lian Z, Liu J, Pan J, Satiroglu Tufan N, Zhu M, Arbuthnot P, et al. A cellular gene up-regulated by hepatitis B virus-encoded X antigen promotes hepatocellular growth and survival. Hepatology. 2001;34:146-57 pubmed..This factor may contribute to the persistence of infected hepatocytes during chronic infection, which is important for the later development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Behling K, Surace E, Bennett J. Pigment epithelium-derived factor expression in the developing mouse eye. Mol Vis. 2002;8:449-54 pubmed..These expression patterns likely maintain the vitreous and aqueous humors as avascular spaces and may also control vascular development in the inner/outer retina. ..
- Vite C, Passini M, Haskins M, Wolfe J. Adeno-associated virus vector-mediated transduction in the cat brain. Gene Ther. 2003;10:1874-81 pubmed..AAV5 did not result in detectable transduction in the cat brain. ..
- Tsuda T, Markova D, Wang H, Evangelisti L, Pan T, Chu M. Zinc finger protein Zac1 is expressed in chondrogenic sites of the mouse. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:340-8 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Zac1 is a potential regulatory gene involved in chondrogenic differentiation. ..
- Keiser N, Tang W, Wei Z, Bennett J. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of the choroideremia gene in the mouse retina. Mol Vis. 2005;11:1052-60 pubmed..A study of the expression patterns of Chm and the related gene Chml in the mouse retina was undertaken in order to address this issue...
- LeBaron M, Ahonen T, Nevalainen M, Rui H. In vivo response-based identification of direct hormone target cell populations using high-density tissue arrays. Endocrinology. 2007;148:989-1008 pubmed..Biomarker-based identification of cell populations responsive to individual hormones may shed new light on endocrine disease as well as improve understanding of effects and side effects of hormones and drugs...
- Kondo N, Yuasa T, Shimono K, Tung W, Okabe T, Yasuhara R, et al. Intervertebral disc development is regulated by Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:E513-8 pubmed publisher..The findings in this study suggest that proper regulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for development and organization of IVD. ..
- Okegbe T, Dinardo S. The endoderm specifies the mesodermal niche for the germline in Drosophila via Delta-Notch signaling. Development. 2011;138:1259-67 pubmed publisher..Because in mammals primordial germ cells also track through endoderm on their way to the genital ridge, our work raises the possibility that conserved mechanisms are employed to regulate germline niche formation...
- Canete Soler R, Gui Y, Linask K, Muschel R. MMP-9 (gelatinase B) mRNA is expressed during mouse neurogenesis and may be associated with vascularization. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1995;88:37-52 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the localization of MMP-9 in developing neural tissues. Our results suggest that MMP-9 expression may have a previously unsuspected role in neural development. ..
- Lian Z, Liu J, Li L, Li X, Tufan N, Wu M, et al. Human S15a expression is upregulated by hepatitis B virus X protein. Mol Carcinog. 2004;40:34-46 pubmed..Hence, HBxAg upregulated the expression of S15a, the latter of which participates in the development of HCC, perhaps by altering the integrity of translation. ..
- Wallace K, Akhter S, Smith E, Lorent K, Pack M. Intestinal growth and differentiation in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2005;122:157-73 pubmed..Analysis of zebrafish mutants with altered epithelial survival reveals that seemingly related single gene defects have different effects on epithelial differentiation and smooth muscle and enteric nervous system development. ..
- Hatini V, Bokor P, Goto Mandeville R, DiNardo S. Tissue- and stage-specific modulation of Wingless signaling by the segment polarity gene lines. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1364-76 pubmed..Lin can accumulate in the cytoplasm of cells signaled by Hh, suggesting that Hh antagonizes Wg function by prohibiting Lin from entering the nucleus. ..
- Karakousis P, John S, Behling K, Surace E, Smith J, Hendrickson A, et al. Localization of pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) in developing and adult human ocular tissues. Mol Vis. 2001;7:154-63 pubmed..PEDF, originally reported as a product of RPE cells, is present in photoreceptors and inner retinal cell types in developing and adult human eyes. Photoreceptors and RPE may secrete PEDF into the IPM. ..
- Hui Y, Yang G, Galczenski H, Figueroa D, Austin C, Copeland N, et al. The murine cysteinyl leukotriene 2 (CysLT2) receptor. cDNA and genomic cloning, alternative splicing, and in vitro characterization. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47489-95 pubmed..The identification of mCysLT(2)R will be useful for establishing CysLT(2)R-deficient mice and determining novel leukotriene functions. ..
- Lian Z, Liu J, Li L, Li X, Tufan N, Clayton M, et al. Upregulated expression of a unique gene by hepatitis B x antigen promotes hepatocellular growth and tumorigenesis. Neoplasia. 2003;5:229-44 pubmed publisher..01), and yielded larger tumors (P < 0.02) in SCID mice injected subcutaneously with HepG2 cells. These data suggest that URG11 is a natural effector of HB x Ag that may promote the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Li J, Zhu X, Chen M, Cheng L, Zhou D, Lu M, et al. Myocardin-related transcription factor B is required in cardiac neural crest for smooth muscle differentiation and cardiovascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8916-21 pubmed
- Iwamoto M, Tamamura Y, Koyama E, Komori T, Takeshita N, Williams J, et al. Transcription factor ERG and joint and articular cartilage formation during mouse limb and spine skeletogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;305:40-51 pubmed..The results suggest that ERG is part of molecular mechanisms leading chondrocytes into a permanent developmental path and become joint forming cells, and may do so by acting downstream of GDF-5. ..
- Huebner K, Cannizzaro L, Jabs E, Kivirikko S, Manzone H, Pihlajaniemi T, et al. Chromosomal assignment of a gene encoding a new collagen type (COL15A1) to 9q21 --> q22. Genomics. 1992;14:220-4 pubmed..Our data further demonstrate the complex arrangement of the many collagen genes in the human genome. ..
- Arai M, Prystowsky M, Cohen J. Expression of the T-lymphocyte activation gene, F5, by mature neurons. J Neurosci Res. 1992;33:527-37 pubmed..These observations are of interest because of preliminary data suggesting that F5 may function as a substrate for protein kinase C, which demonstrates a similar expression pattern in the nervous system. ..
- Nguyen V, Trout J, Connors S, Andermann P, Weinberg E, Mullins M. Dorsal and intermediate neuronal cell types of the spinal cord are established by a BMP signaling pathway. Development. 2000;127:1209-20 pubmed
- Hanna L, Foreman R, Tarasenko I, Kessler D, Labosky P. Requirement for Foxd3 in maintaining pluripotent cells of the early mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2650-61 pubmed..These results establish Foxd3 as a factor required for the maintenance of progenitor cells in the mammalian embryo. ..
- Huang X, Hong C, O DONNELL M, Saint Jeannet J. The doublesex-related gene, XDmrt4, is required for neurogenesis in the olfactory system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11349-54 pubmed..Altogether, these results indicate that XDmrt4 is an important regulator of neurogenesis in the olfactory system upstream of neurogenin and Xebf2. ..
- Hong C, Saint Jeannet J. The activity of Pax3 and Zic1 regulates three distinct cell fates at the neural plate border. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2192-202 pubmed..Moreover, we show that by manipulating the levels of Pax3 and Zic1 it is possible to shift fates among these cells. These findings provide novel information on the mechanisms regulating cell fate decisions at the neural plate border. ..
- Puck J, Deschenes S, Porter J, Dutra A, Brown C, Willard H, et al. The interleukin-2 receptor gamma chain maps to Xq13.1 and is mutated in X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency, SCIDX1. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:1099-104 pubmed..2) have independently published IL2RG mapping to Xq13 and discovery of mutations in three affected males. The specific pathogenesis of IL2RG mutations and approaches to gene therapy can now be addressed in the X-linked form of SCID. ..