Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on helper inducer t lymphocytes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: helper inducer t lymphocytes
- Pillemer B, Xu H, Oriss T, Qi Z, Ray A. Deficient SOCS3 expression in CD4+CD25+FoxP3+ regulatory T cells and SOCS3-mediated suppression of Treg function. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2082-9 pubmed..Thus, up-regulation of SOCS3 expression may be a useful therapeutic approach in diseases where inhibition of Treg is desirable. ..
- Krishnamoorthy N, Oriss T, Paglia M, Fei M, Yarlagadda M, Vanhaesebroeck B, et al. Activation of c-Kit in dendritic cells regulates T helper cell differentiation and allergic asthma. Nat Med. 2008;14:565-73 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results highlight the importance of the c-Kit-PI3 kinase-IL-6 signaling axis in DCs in regulating T cell responses. ..
- Mathers A, Janelsins B, Rubin J, Tkacheva O, Shufesky W, Watkins S, et al. Differential capability of human cutaneous dendritic cell subsets to initiate Th17 responses. J Immunol. 2009;182:921-33 pubmed..Overall, our data demonstrate that human epidermal smiLCs induce Th17 responses by mechanisms different from those previously described and highlight the need to target clinical treatments based on these variations. ..
- Gaffen S. The role of interleukin-17 in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2009;11:365-70 pubmed..This article discusses the history of the discovery of Th17 cells, the potential mechanisms of action of IL-17 in autoimmunity, and perspectives for IL-17-targeted cytokine therapy. ..
- Guglani L, Khader S. Th17 cytokines in mucosal immunity and inflammation. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2010;5:120-7 pubmed publisher..In this review, we have summarized the recent advances in our understanding of Th17 cytokines and how they contribute to immunity versus inflammation at mucosal sites. ..
- Tse H, Thayer T, Steele C, Cuda C, Morel L, Piganelli J, et al. NADPH oxidase deficiency regulates Th lineage commitment and modulates autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2010;185:5247-58 pubmed publisher..These data validate the role of superoxide in shaping Th responses and as a signaling intermediate to modulate Th17 and Th1 T cell responses...