Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: gene expression
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Chan M, Bulinski J, Chang K, Fong D. A microplate assay for Leishmania amazonensis promastigotes expressing multimeric green fluorescent protein. Parasitol Res. 2003;89:266-71 pubmed..The method of expressing multimeric GFP for in vitro drug screening is likely to be extendable to many species of parasitic protozoa. ..
- Doliba N, Qin W, Vatamaniuk M, Buettger C, Collins H, Magnuson M, et al. Cholinergic regulation of fuel-induced hormone secretion and respiration of SUR1-/- mouse islets. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E525-35 pubmed
- Rico M, Castaneda J, Manns J, Uknis A, Sainz I, Safadi F, et al. Amelioration of inflammation, angiogenesis and CTGF expression in an arthritis model by a TSP1-derived peptide treatment. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:504-12 pubmed..Both inflammation and angiogenesis were decreased after TSP1-derived peptide treatment indicating a potential pathway by which TSP1 interaction with neutrophils induces CTGF in RA affected tissues. ..
- Brody J, Witkiewicz A, Williams T, Kadkol S, Cozzitorto J, Durkan B, et al. Reduction of pp32 expression in poorly differentiated pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas and intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms with moderate dysplasia. Mod Pathol. 2007;20:1238-44 pubmed
- Trivedi C, Lu M, Wang Q, Epstein J. Transgenic overexpression of Hdac3 in the heart produces increased postnatal cardiac myocyte proliferation but does not induce hypertrophy. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26484-9 pubmed publisher..These findings identify Hdac3 as a novel regulator of cardiac myocyte proliferation during cardiac development. ..
- Sathish N, Yuan Y. Functional characterization of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus small capsid protein by bacterial artificial chromosome-based mutagenesis. Virology. 2010;407:306-18 pubmed publisher..These observations collectively suggested the pivotal role of ORF65 in the KSHV capsid assembly processes...
- Roszell B, Tao J, Yu K, Huang S, Bates S. Characterization of the Niemann-Pick C pathway in alveolar type II cells and lamellar bodies of the lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;302:L919-32 pubmed publisher..Thus the NPC pathway functions to control cholesterol accumulation in lamellar bodies of type II pneumocytes and, thereby, may play a role in the regulation of surfactant cholesterol content. ..
- Relles D, Sendecki J, Chipitsyna G, Hyslop T, Yeo C, Arafat H. Circadian gene expression and clinicopathologic correlates in pancreatic cancer. J Gastrointest Surg. 2013;17:443-50 pubmed publisher..The potential of using circadian genes as predictive markers of the outcomes and survival and distinguishing PDA from benign pancreas must be studied in larger populations to validate and demonstrate their eventual clinical utility. ..
- Lin S, Sterling N, Junker I, Helm C, Smith G. Effects of ?TAT1 and HDAC5 on axonal regeneration in adult neurons. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177496 pubmed publisher..Thus, while ?TAT1 may be important for axonal growth in vitro, neither ?TAT1 nor HDAC5 had an effect in vivo on the regeneration of sciatic nerves. ..
- Kiriakidou M, Driscoll D, Lopez Guisa J, Strauss J. Cloning and expression of primate Daxx cDNAs and mapping of the human gene to chromosome 6p21.3 in the MHC region. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:1289-98 pubmed..The location of the Daxx gene, which is implicated in the pathway for deletion of autoreactive lymphocytes, in the MHC region may shed light on the genetic basis of autoimmune diseases. ..
- DeAngelis R, Kovalovich K, Cressman D, Taub R. Normal liver regeneration in p50/nuclear factor kappaB1 knockout mice. Hepatology. 2001;33:915-24 pubmed..We hypothesize that increased levels of the NF-kappaB p65 subunit in p50(-/-) livers may provide compensation for the absence of p50, thereby allowing normal liver regeneration and repair following liver injury. ..
- Gerhart J, Bast B, Neely C, Iem S, Amegbe P, Niewenhuis R, et al. MyoD-positive myoblasts are present in mature fetal organs lacking skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:381-92 pubmed..They closely resemble quiescent, stably programmed skeletal myoblasts with the capacity to differentiate when placed in a permissive environment. ..
- Berson J, Harper D, Tenza D, Raposo G, Marks M. Pmel17 initiates premelanosome morphogenesis within multivesicular bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3451-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Pmel17 is sufficient to drive the formation of striations from within multivesicular bodies and is thus directly involved in the biogenesis of premelanosomes. ..
- Makeyev A, Eastmond D, Liebhaber S. Targeting a KH-domain protein with RNA decoys. RNA. 2002;8:1160-73 pubmed..Significantly, these studies establish the feasibility of developing RNA decoys that can selectively target biologic functions of abundant and widely expressed RNA binding proteins. ..
- Williams D, Bowers R, Bartness T, Kaplan J, Grill H. Brainstem melanocortin 3/4 receptor stimulation increases uncoupling protein gene expression in brown fat. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4692-7 pubmed
- King M, Raposo G, Lemmon M. Inhibition of nuclear import and cell-cycle progression by mutated forms of the dynamin-like GTPase MxB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8957-62 pubmed..These studies indicate an unexpected role for a dynamin-like protein in nucleocytoplasmic trafficking and suggest that a related function might be usurped by its antiviral relatives. ..
- Fitzgerald D, Ciric B, Touil T, Harle H, Grammatikopolou J, Das Sarma J, et al. Suppressive effect of IL-27 on encephalitogenic Th17 cells and the effector phase of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2007;179:3268-75 pubmed..IL-27 can potently suppress the effector phase of EAE in vivo and, thus, may have therapeutic potential in autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Reddy P, Aksoy M, Yang Y, Li X, Ji R, Kelsen S. Inhibition by salmeterol and cilomilast of fluticasone-enhanced IP-10 release in airway epithelial cells. COPD. 2008;5:5-11 pubmed publisher..In human airway epithelial cells, inhibition by salmeterol of fluticasone-enhanced IP-10 release may be an important therapeutic effect of the LABA/ICS combination not present when the two drugs are used separately. ..
- Taylor J, Krawczyk C, Mohrs M, Pearce E. Th2 cell hyporesponsiveness during chronic murine schistosomiasis is cell intrinsic and linked to GRAIL expression. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1019-28 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that the decline in Th2 cell responsiveness during chronic schistosomiasis is the net result of the upregulation of GRAIL expression in response to repeated Ag stimulation. ..
- Li X, Mai J, Virtue A, Yin Y, Gong R, Sha X, et al. IL-35 is a novel responsive anti-inflammatory cytokine--a new system of categorizing anti-inflammatory cytokines. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33628 pubmed publisher..Our in-depth analyses of molecular events that regulate the production of IL-35 as well as the new categorization system of anti-inflammatory cytokines are important for the design of new strategies of immune therapies. ..
- De Obaldia M, Bell J, Wang X, Harly C, Yashiro Ohtani Y, Delong J, et al. T cell development requires constraint of the myeloid regulator C/EBP-? by the Notch target and transcriptional repressor Hes1. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1277-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish the importance of constraining developmental programs of the myeloid lineage early in T cell development. ..
- Lee S, Day N, Miles R, Perkins S, Lim M, Ayello J, et al. Comparative genomic expression signatures of signal transduction pathways and targets in paediatric Burkitt lymphoma: a Children's Oncology Group report. Br J Haematol. 2017;177:601-611 pubmed publisher..These pre-clinical results suggest that specific signal transduction pathways are overly expressed in PEBL and several pathways could serve as potential future therapeutic targets. ..
- Schick B, Jacoby J. Serglycin and betaglycan proteoglycans are expressed in the megakaryocytic cell line CHRF 288-11 and normal human megakaryocytes. J Cell Physiol. 1995;165:96-106 pubmed..Synthesis of two proteoglycans appears to be a part of the differentiation process of megakaryocytic tumor cells and normal megakaryocytes. ..
- Muthumani K, Zhang D, Hwang D, Kudchodkar S, Dayes N, Desai B, et al. Adenovirus encoding HIV-1 Vpr activates caspase 9 and induces apoptotic cell death in both p53 positive and negative human tumor cell lines. Oncogene. 2002;21:4613-25 pubmed..Such a vector may give insight into approaches designed to limit the growth of pathogenic human cells. ..
- He Z, Russell J. A human embryonic hemoglobin inhibits Hb S polymerization in vitro and restores a normal phenotype to mouse models of sickle cell disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10635-40 pubmed
- Reed D, Li S, Li X, Huang L, Tordoff M, Starling Roney R, et al. Polymorphisms in the taste receptor gene (Tas1r3) region are associated with saccharin preference in 30 mouse strains. J Neurosci. 2004;24:938-46 pubmed..Here, we present data for future studies directed to experimentally confirm the function of these polymorphisms and highlight some of the difficulties of identifying specific DNA sequence variants that underlie quantitative trait loci. ..
- Hingorani S, Wang L, Multani A, Combs C, Deramaudt T, Hruban R, et al. Trp53R172H and KrasG12D cooperate to promote chromosomal instability and widely metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in mice. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:469-83 pubmed..These findings have clear implications for understanding mechanisms of disease pathogenesis, and for the development of detection and targeted treatment strategies. ..
- Thomas R, Chen C, Chunder N, Ma L, Taylor J, Pearce E, et al. Ikaros silences T-bet expression and interferon-gamma production during T helper 2 differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2545-53 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that Ikaros, a factor with an established role in lymphocyte development, also regulates the development of peripheral T helper responses. ..
- Akimova T, Ge G, Golovina T, Mikheeva T, Wang L, Riley J, et al. Histone/protein deacetylase inhibitors increase suppressive functions of human FOXP3+ Tregs. Clin Immunol. 2010;136:348-63 pubmed publisher..Hence, HDACi compounds are promising pharmacologic tools to increase Treg suppressive functions, and this action may potentially be of use in patients with autoimmunity or post-transplantation. ..
- Li S, Prockop D, Helminen H, Fassler R, Lapveteläinen T, Kiraly K, et al. Transgenic mice with targeted inactivation of the Col2 alpha 1 gene for collagen II develop a skeleton with membranous and periosteal bone but no endochondral bone. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2821-30 pubmed..The results demonstrate that a well-organized cartilage matrix is required as a primary tissue for development of some components of the vertebrate skeleton, but it is not essential for others. ..
- Flubacher M, Bear S, Tsichlis P. Replacement of interleukin-2 (IL-2)-generated mitogenic signals by a mink cell focus-forming (MCF) or xenotropic virus-induced IL-9-dependent autocrine loop: implications for MCF virus-induced leukemogenesis. J Virol. 1994;68:7709-16 pubmed
- Das R, Reddy E, Chatterjee D, Andrews D. Identification of a novel Bcl-2 related gene, BRAG-1, in human glioma. Oncogene. 1996;12:947-51 pubmed..Utilizing a bacterial expression vector, we produced BRAG-1 protein which was found to cross-react with a Bcl-2 monoclonal antibody, further suggesting structural and immunological similarity to Bcl-2. ..
- Morimoto K, Schnell M, Pulmanausahakul R, McGettigan J, Foley H, Faber M, et al. High level expression of a human rabies virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibody by a rhabdovirus-based vector. J Immunol Methods. 2001;252:199-206 pubmed..This recombinant virus can infect a variety of mammalian cell lines and is non-cytolytic, allowing the use of cell culture technology routinely employed to produce rabies vaccines. ..
- Sakolsky D, Ashby B. Patterns of cyclic AMP formation by coexpressed D1 and D2L dopamine receptors in HEK 293 cells. Receptors Channels. 2001;7:479-89 pubmed..The model leads to a re-interpretation of the pharmacology of dopaminergic ligands. Hence, one consequence of colocalization is that D2 receptor antagonists become functional agonists of cAMP formation. ..
- Agrawal A, Shapiro B. Neonatal phenobarbital imprints overexpression of cytochromes P450 with associated increase in tumorigenesis and reduced life span. FASEB J. 2005;19:470-2 pubmed
- Mulugeta S, Nguyen V, Russo S, Muniswamy M, Beers M. A surfactant protein C precursor protein BRICHOS domain mutation causes endoplasmic reticulum stress, proteasome dysfunction, and caspase 3 activation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:521-30 pubmed
- Cheung V, Bruzel A, Burdick J, Morley M, Devlin J, Spielman R. Monozygotic twins reveal germline contribution to allelic expression differences. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;82:1357-60 pubmed publisher..We also show that even subtle departures from equal allelic expression are often genetically determined. ..
- Angelosanto J, Wherry E. Transcription factor regulation of CD8+ T-cell memory and exhaustion. Immunol Rev. 2010;236:167-75 pubmed publisher..We also discuss recent innovations in genomic and computational tools that could be used to enhance the way we understand the development of T-cell responses to infectious disease. ..
- Sugito H, Shibukawa Y, Kinumatsu T, Yasuda T, Nagayama M, Yamada S, et al. Ihh signaling regulates mandibular symphysis development and growth. J Dent Res. 2011;90:625-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ihh signaling is essential for symphyseal cartilage development and anterior mandibular growth. ..
- Bish L, Sleeper M, Reynolds C, Gazzara J, Withnall E, Singletary G, et al. Cardiac gene transfer of short hairpin RNA directed against phospholamban effectively knocks down gene expression but causes cellular toxicity in canines. Hum Gene Ther. 2011;22:969-77 pubmed publisher..AAV6-mediated cardiac gene transfer of shRNA effectively knocks down PLB expression but is associated with severe cardiac toxicity. Toxicity may result from dysregulation of endogenous microRNA pathways...
- Ghalwash M, Obradovic Z. Early classification of multivariate temporal observations by extraction of interpretable shapelets. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:195 pubmed publisher..We showed that the MSD method can classify the time series early by using as little as 40%-64% of the time series' length. ..
- Bailis W, Yashiro Ohtani Y, Fang T, Hatton R, Weaver C, Artis D, et al. Notch simultaneously orchestrates multiple helper T cell programs independently of cytokine signals. Immunity. 2013;39:148-59 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a paradigm for Notch in hematopoiesis, with Notch simultaneously orchestrating multiple lineage programs, rather than restricting alternate outcomes. ..
- Tran P, Kennedy B, Pisansky M, Won K, Gewirtz J, Simmons R, et al. Prenatal Choline Supplementation Diminishes Early-Life Iron Deficiency-Induced Reprogramming of Molecular Networks Associated with Behavioral Abnormalities in the Adult Rat Hippocampus. J Nutr. 2016;146:484-93 pubmed publisher..The positive response to prenatal choline represents a potential adjunctive therapeutic supplement to the high-risk group. ..
- Sim X, Jarocha D, Hayes V, Hanby H, Marks M, Camire R, et al. Identifying and enriching platelet-producing human stem cell-derived megakaryocytes using factor V uptake. Blood. 2017;130:192-204 pubmed publisher..Technologies to optimize and select these platelet-ready MKs may be important to efficiently generate functional platelets from in vitro-grown MKs. ..
- Kunapuli P, Benovic J. Cloning and expression of GRK5: a member of the G protein-coupled receptor kinase family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5588-92 pubmed..Thus, GRK5 represents a member of the GRK family that likely has a unique physiological role. ..
- Cohen M, Sharma K, Jin Y, Hud E, Wu V, Tomaszewski J, et al. Prevention of diabetic nephropathy in db/db mice with glycated albumin antagonists. A novel treatment strategy. J Clin Invest. 1995;95:2338-45 pubmed..Thus, abrogating the biologic effects of increased glycated albumin with A717 has a salutary influence on the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy and has novel therapeutic potential in its management. ..
- Cupp C, Taylor J, Khalili K, Amini S. Evidence for stimulation of the transforming growth factor beta 1 promoter by HIV-1 Tat in cells derived from CNS. Oncogene. 1993;8:2231-6 pubmed..Implications of the Tat-mediated induction of TGF-beta 1 expression and cytokine involvement in the regulation of immune response and central nervous system (CNS) pathology are discussed. ..
- Kazerounian S, Uitto J, Aho S. Unique role for the periplakin tail in intermediate filament association: specific binding to keratin 8 and vimentin. Exp Dermatol. 2002;11:428-38 pubmed
- Naso M, Uitto J, Klement J. Transcriptional control of the mouse Col7a1 gene in keratinocytes: basal and transforming growth factor-beta regulated expression. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:1469-78 pubmed..Collectively, these findings attest to the complex regulation of Col7a1 transcription in epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Pineda Salgado L, Craig E, Blank R, Kessler D. Expression of Panza, an alpha2-macroglobulin, in a restricted dorsal domain of the primitive gut in Xenopus laevis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;6:3-10 pubmed..The expression of Panza in endodermal cells adjacent to the notochord points to a potential role for Panza in signal modulation and/or morphogenesis of the primitive gut. ..
- Ahmed A, McFalls J, Hoffmann C, Filone C, Stewart S, Paragas J, et al. Presence of broadly reactive and group-specific neutralizing epitopes on newly described isolates of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:3327-36 pubmed..Thus, the genetic diversity exhibited by CCHFV strains results in significant antigenic differences that will need to be taken into consideration for vaccine development. ..
- Blakely C, Stoddard A, Belka G, Dugan K, Notarfrancesco K, Moody S, et al. Hormone-induced protection against mammary tumorigenesis is conserved in multiple rat strains and identifies a core gene expression signature induced by pregnancy. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6421-31 pubmed..Given the conservation of this signature, these pathways may contribute to pregnancy-induced protection against breast cancer. ..
- Jung S, Schumacher H, Kim H, Kim M, Lee S, Pessler F. Reduction of urate crystal-induced inflammation by root extracts from traditional oriental medicinal plants: elevation of prostaglandin D2 levels. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R64 pubmed..These results support a need for further studies of the efficacy of these extracts in the treatment of inflammatory arthropathies and suggest elevation of PGD2 levels as a novel mechanism for an anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Casta L, Buguliskis J, Matsumoto Y, Taraschi T. Expression and biochemical characterization of the Plasmodium falciparum DNA repair enzyme, flap endonuclease-1 (PfFEN-1). Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2008;157:1-12 pubmed..Plasmodium FEN-1s have enzymatic activities similar to other species but contain extended C-termini and a more internally located PCNA-binding site. ..
- Perrigoue J, Saenz S, Siracusa M, Allenspach E, Taylor B, Giacomin P, et al. MHC class II-dependent basophil-CD4+ T cell interactions promote T(H)2 cytokine-dependent immunity. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:697-705 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies suggest that major histocompatibility complex class II-dependent interactions between basophils and CD4+ T cells promote T helper type 2 cytokine responses and immunity to helminth infection...
- Rodriguez S, Stitt B, Ash D. Expression of peptidylarginine deiminase from Porphyromonas gingivalis in Escherichia coli: enzyme purification and characterization. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;488:14-22 pubmed publisher..Multiple l-arginine analogs, various arginine-containing peptides, and free l-arginine were used to evaluate substrate specificity and determine kinetic parameters. ..
- Lee A, Tian H, Grosmaitre X, Ma M. Expression patterns of odorant receptors and response properties of olfactory sensory neurons in aged mice. Chem Senses. 2009;34:695-703 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings in age-related olfactory deterioration are discussed. ..
- Josephson M, Jiao J, Xu S, Hu A, Paranjape C, Grunstein J, et al. IL-13-induced changes in endogenous glucocorticoid metabolism in the lung regulate the proasthmatic response. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L382-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the proasthmatic effects of IL-13 are enabled by impaired endogenous GC activation in the lung that is attributed to upregulation of 11?-HSD2 in the pulmonary epithelium. ..
- Cuchel M, Rader D. Microsomal transfer protein inhibition in humans. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2013;24:246-50 pubmed publisher..MTP inhibition is a valuable therapeutic approach for hoFH. Long-term safety consequences of liver fat accumulation will need to be assessed. ..
- Wilcox C, Terry N, Walp E, Lee R, MAY C. Pancreatic ?-cell specific deletion of mouse Arx leads to ?-cell identity loss. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66214 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, short-term ablation of Arx in adult mice does not result in a similar ?-to-?-like conversion. Taken together, these findings reveal a potential temporal requirement for Arx in maintaining ?-cell identity. ..
- Noel J, Wang H, Hong N, Tao J, Yu K, Sorokina E, et al. PECAM-1 and caveolae form the mechanosensing complex necessary for NOX2 activation and angiogenic signaling with stopped flow in pulmonary endothelium. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L805-18 pubmed publisher..Thus PECAM-1 (and caveolae) are parts of the mechanosensing machinery that generates superoxide with loss of shear; the resultant ROS potentially drives neutrophil influx and acts as an angiogenic signal. ..
- Shattil S, O TOOLE T, Eigenthaler M, Thon V, Williams M, Babior B, et al. Beta 3-endonexin, a novel polypeptide that interacts specifically with the cytoplasmic tail of the integrin beta 3 subunit. J Cell Biol. 1995;131:807-16 pubmed..The apparent specificity of beta 3-endonexin for the beta 3 integrin subunit suggests potential mechanisms for selective modulation of integrin functions. ..
- Hariharan N, Kelley D, Perry R. Delta, a transcription factor that binds to downstream elements in several polymerase II promoters, is a functionally versatile zinc finger protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:9799-803 pubmed..Our structural modeling of this protein indicates properties that could endow it with exquisite functional versatility. ..
- Benovic J, Gomez J. Molecular cloning and expression of GRK6. A new member of the G protein-coupled receptor kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19521-7 pubmed..These data extend the family of GRKs and suggest that GRK6 may have a substrate specificity quite distinct from beta ARK and rhodopsin kinase. ..
- Considine R, Considine E, Williams C, Hyde T, Caro J. The hypothalamic leptin receptor in humans: identification of incidental sequence polymorphisms and absence of the db/db mouse and fa/fa rat mutations. Diabetes. 1996;45:992-4 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the leptin resistance observed in obese humans is not due to a defect in the leptin receptor. ..
- Kang A, Wong P, Chen H, Castagna R, Chung S, Sultzer B. Restoration of lipopolysaccharide-mediated B-cell response after expression of a cDNA encoding a GTP-binding protein. Infect Immun. 1996;64:4612-7 pubmed..Thus a GTP-binding protein may be involved in LPS stimulation in B cells and perhaps other cell types. ..
- Mazany K, Peng T, Watson C, Tabas I, Williams K. Human chondroitin 6-sulfotransferase: cloning, gene structure, and chromosomal localization. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1407:92-7 pubmed..The human C6ST gene structure has been elucidated and exhibits an intron-less coding region, and the gene has been mapped to human chromosome 11 by radiation hybrid panel mapping. ..
- Christner P, Hitraya E, Peters J, McGrath R, Jimenez S. Transcriptional activation of the alpha1(I) procollagen gene and up-regulation of alpha1(I) and alpha1(III) procollagen messenger RNA in dermal fibroblasts from tight skin 2 mice. Arthritis Rheum. 1998;41:2132-42 pubmed..These findings are similar to those described for fibroblasts from humans with systemic sclerosis and validate the use of Tsk2 as a model for the study of the connective tissue alterations in this disease. ..
- Zhou J, Fogelgren B, Wang Z, Roe B, Biegel J. Isolation of genes from the rhabdoid tumor deletion region in chromosome band 22q11.2. Gene. 2000;241:133-41 pubmed..Further studies of RTDR1 and RAB36 are required to determine whether their absence contributes to the progression of rhabdoid tumors. Alternatively, these genes may be candidates for other diseases that map to human chromosome 22. ..
- Kozarsky K, Donahee M, Glick J, Krieger M, Rader D. Gene transfer and hepatic overexpression of the HDL receptor SR-BI reduces atherosclerosis in the cholesterol-fed LDL receptor-deficient mouse. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:721-7 pubmed..Thus, stimulation of hepatic SR-BI activity may provide a novel target for therapeutic intervention in atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. ..
- Takafuta T, Saeki M, Fujimoto T, Fujimura K, Shapiro S. A new member of the LIM protein family binds to filamin B and localizes at stress fibers. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12175-81 pubmed..The association between filamin B and FBLP-1 may play a hitherto unknown role in cytoskeletal function, cell adhesion, and cell motility. ..
- Lau C, Diem M, Dreyfuss G, Van Duyne G. Structure of the Y14-Magoh core of the exon junction complex. Curr Biol. 2003;13:933-41 pubmed..The structure and properties of the Y14-Magoh complex suggest how the pre-mRNA splicing machinery might control the formation of a stable EJC-mRNA complex at splice junctions. ..
- Whitaker Menezes D, Jones S, Friedman T, Korngold R, Murphy G. An epithelial target site in experimental graft-versus-host disease and cytokine-mediated cytotoxicity is defined by cytokeratin 15 expression. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2003;9:559-70 pubmed..These data may also enable the development of therapeutic approaches to abrogate disease at the level of target cell blockade. ..
- Liu Q, Lyubarsky A, Skalet J, Pugh E, Pierce E. RP1 is required for the correct stacking of outer segment discs. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4171-83 pubmed..Results from homozygous Rp1-myc mice indicate that RP1 is required for the correct orientation and higher order stacking of outer segment discs. ..
- Keiser N, Tang W, Wei Z, Bennett J. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of the choroideremia gene in the mouse retina. Mol Vis. 2005;11:1052-60 pubmed..A study of the expression patterns of Chm and the related gene Chml in the mouse retina was undertaken in order to address this issue...
- Hess D, Scott M, Potluri S, Pitts E, Cisterni C, Balice Gordon R. Localization of TrkC to Schwann cells and effects of neurotrophin-3 signaling at neuromuscular synapses. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:465-82 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that NT3 expression is developmentally regulated in skeletal muscle and may modulate the number of Schwann cells at neuromuscular synapses. ..
- Lai J, Cnaan A, Zhao H, Douglas S. Detection of full-length and truncated neurokinin-1 receptor mRNA expression in human brain regions. J Neurosci Methods. 2008;168:127-33 pubmed
- Cleck J, Ecke L, Blendy J. Endocrine and gene expression changes following forced swim stress exposure during cocaine abstinence in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008;201:15-28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that drug history and prolonged abstinence can alter the endocrine and molecular responses to stress, which may facilitate the reinstatement of drug-seeking behaviors. ..
- Stengel K, Thangavel C, Solomon D, Angus S, Zheng Y, Knudsen E. Retinoblastoma/p107/p130 pocket proteins: protein dynamics and interactions with target gene promoters. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19265-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, RB is associated with promoters in a manner similar to p107/p130 and that association is modulated by phosphorylation during cell cycle progression. ..