Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Gripp K, Wotton D, Edwards M, Roessler E, Ades L, Meinecke P, et al. Mutations in TGIF cause holoprosencephaly and link NODAL signalling to human neural axis determination. Nat Genet. 2000;25:205-8 pubmed..Several of these mutations cause a loss of TGIF function. Thus, TGIF links the NODAL signalling pathway to the bifurcation of the human forebrain and the establishment of ventral midline structures. ..
- Tatarelli C, Linnenbach A, Mimori K, Croce C. Characterization of the human TESTIN gene localized in the FRA7G region at 7q31.2. Genomics. 2000;68:1-12 pubmed..Analysis of the TESTIN coding region in 26 tumor cell lines revealed three missense mutations. Our findings suggest that TESTIN may represent a candidate tumor suppressor gene at 7q31.2. ..
- Hou S, Guan H, Ricciardi R. Phosphorylation of serine 337 of NF-kappaB p50 is critical for DNA binding. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45994-8 pubmed..This study shows for the first time that the DNA binding ability of NF-kappaB p50 subunit is regulated through phosphorylation of residue Ser337, which has implications for both positive and negative control of NF-kappaB transcription. ..
- Tliba O, Tliba S, Da Huang C, Hoffman R, DeLong P, Panettieri R, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha modulates airway smooth muscle function via the autocrine action of interferon beta. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50615-23 pubmed..Together these data show that TNFalpha, via the autocrine action of IFNbeta, differentially regulates the expression of proinflammatory genes and DNA synthesis. ..
- Strachan G, Kopp A, Koike M, Morgan K, Jordan Sciutto K. Chemokine- and neurotrophic factor-induced changes in E2F1 localization and phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (pRb) occur by distinct mechanisms in murine cortical cultures. Exp Neurol. 2005;193:455-68 pubmed
- Park J, Troxel A, Harvey R, Penning T. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) o-quinones produced by the aldo-keto-reductases (AKRs) generate abasic sites, oxidized pyrimidines, and 8-oxo-dGuo via reactive oxygen species. Chem Res Toxicol. 2006;19:719-28 pubmed..However, in the presence of Fe(III)-mediated PAH o-quinone redox-cycling, the *OH radical scavengers and sodium azide consistently attenuated their formation, indicating that the ROS responsible was *OH. ..
- Sekiguchi D, Yunk L, Gary D, Charan D, Srivastava B, Allman D, et al. Development and selection of edited B cells in B6.56R mice. J Immunol. 2006;176:6879-87 pubmed..H chain editing is also observed and is increased in spontaneous as compared with LPS hybridomas. A subset of spontaneous hybridomas appears to lack H chain expression. ..
- Hecker J, Berger G, Scarfo K, Zou S, Nantz M. A flexible method for the conjugation of aminooxy ligands to preformed complexes of nucleic acids and lipids. ChemMedChem. 2008;3:1356-61 pubmed publisher..The biocompatibility and selectivity of this method, as well as the ease of bioconjugation, make this labeling approach ideal for biological applications. ..
- Lahoud G, Arar K, Hou Y, Gamper H. RecA-mediated strand invasion of DNA by oligonucleotides substituted with 2-aminoadenine and 2-thiothymine. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6806-15 pubmed publisher..By designing the constructs so that the DNA ON is mismatched to its complementary sequence in DNA, joint formation might allow the ON to function as a template for targeted point mutation and gene correction. ..
- George A, Knittle T, Tamkun M. Molecular cloning of an atypical voltage-gated sodium channel expressed in human heart and uterus: evidence for a distinct gene family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:4893-7 pubmed..The unique amino acid sequences in regions known to be involved in voltage-dependent activation and inactivation suggest that hNav2.1 will have novel gating properties. ..
- Hsu C, Frankel F. Conserved and unique sequences in the 3'-untranslated region of rat smooth-muscle alpha-actin mRNA. Gene. 1988;69:345-8 pubmed..An RNA probe containing only the 3'-UTR of the cDNA was synthesized and shown to be specific for smooth-muscle alpha-actin message. ..
- Dharmavaram R, Baldwin C, Reginato A, Jimenez S. Amplification of cDNAs for human cartilage-specific types II, IX and XI collagens from chondrocytes and Epstein-Barr virus-transformed lymphocytes. Matrix. 1993;13:125-33 pubmed
- Rao V, Reddy E. Delta elk-1, a variant of elk-1, fails to interact with the serum response factor and binds to DNA with modulated specificity. Cancer Res. 1993;53:215-20 pubmed..Therefore, elk-1 appears to fall in the category of genes that encode activators and repressors through the mechanism of differential splicing. ..
- Colliton R, Bason L, Lu F, Piccoli D, Krantz I, Spinner N. Mutation analysis of Jagged1 (JAG1) in Alagille syndrome patients. Hum Mutat. 2001;17:151-2 pubmed..Six of the missense mutations are novel. As has been reported previously, there is no apparent relationship between genotype and clinical phenotype...
- Ostertag E, DeBerardinis R, Goodier J, Zhang Y, Yang N, Gerton G, et al. A mouse model of human L1 retrotransposition. Nat Genet. 2002;32:655-60 pubmed..In addition to providing a valuable in vivo model of retrotransposition in mammals, these mice are an important step in the development of a new random mutagenesis system. ..
- Pignolo R, Francis M, Rotenberg M, Cristofalo V. Putative role for EPC-1/PEDF in the G0 growth arrest of human diploid fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2003;195:12-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that EPC-1 may play a role in the entry of early passage fibroblasts into a G(0) state or the maintenance of such a state once reached. ..
- Jin S, Mao H, Schnepp R, Sykes S, Silva A, D Andrea A, et al. Menin associates with FANCD2, a protein involved in repair of DNA damage. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4204-10 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that menin plays a critical role in repair of DNA damage in concert with FANCD2. ..
- La P, Silva A, Hou Z, Wang H, Schnepp R, Yan N, et al. Direct binding of DNA by tumor suppressor menin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49045-54 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate, for the first time, a novel biochemical activity of menin, binding to DNA, and link its DNA binding to the regulation of cell proliferation. ..
- Wang H, Wang H, Powell S, Iliakis G, Wang Y. ATR affecting cell radiosensitivity is dependent on homologous recombination repair but independent of nonhomologous end joining. Cancer Res. 2004;64:7139-43 pubmed..These results indicate that the effects of ATR on cell radiosensitivity are independent of NHEJ but are linked to HRR that may be affected by the deficient S and G(2) checkpoints. ..
- Cooperman J, Neely R, Teachey D, Grupp S, Choi J. Cell division rates of primary human precursor B cells in culture reflect in vivo rates. Stem Cells. 2004;22:1111-20 pubmed..These findings indicate that the stroma-based cultures faithfully replicate in vivo cell division rates and can be used to elucidate the pathways that regulate cell division of primary human precursor B cells. ..
- Jin H, Romano G, Marshall C, Donaldson A, Suon S, Iacovitti L. Tyrosine hydroxylase gene regulation in human neuronal progenitor cells does not depend on Nurr1 as in the murine and rat systems. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:49-57 pubmed
- Liao S, Toczylowski T, Yan H. Identification of the Xenopus DNA2 protein as a major nuclease for the 5'->3' strand-specific processing of DNA ends. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6091-100 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong evidence that xDNA2 is a major nuclease for the resection of DNA ends for homology-dependent DSB repair in eukaryotes. ..
- Liu J, Zhang Z, Bando M, Itoh T, Deardorff M, Li J, et al. Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis in cohesin mutant human cell lines. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:5657-71 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that in addition to DNA methylation multiple mechanisms may be involved in transcriptional regulation in human cells and in the resultant gene misexpression in CdLS. ..
- Nasrallah M, Cho G, Simonet J, Putt M, Kitamura K, Golden J. Differential effects of a polyalanine tract expansion in Arx on neural development and gene expression. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1090-8 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a novel mechanism for poly-A expansion diseases: the misregulation of a subset of target genes normally regulated by a transcription factor. ..
- Parente M, Chung L, Ryynänen J, Woodley D, Wynn K, Bauer E, et al. Human type VII collagen: cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of the gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:6931-5 pubmed
- Kuivaniemi H, Prockop D, Wu Y, Madhatheri S, Kleinert C, Earley J, et al. Exclusion of mutations in the gene for type III collagen (COL3A1) as a common cause of intracranial aneurysms or cervical artery dissections: results from sequence analysis of the coding sequences of type III collagen from 55 unrelated patients. Neurology. 1993;43:2652-8 pubmed..The results indicated that mutations in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) are not a common cause of either intracranial artery aneurysms or cervical artery dissections. ..
- Cha X, Pierce R, Kalivas P, Mackler S. NAC-1, a rat brain mRNA, is increased in the nucleus accumbens three weeks after chronic cocaine self-administration. J Neurosci. 1997;17:6864-71 pubmed..Regulation of NAC-1 mRNA in the nucleus accumbens demonstrates a long-term effect of cocaine use on cellular function that may be relevant in behavioral sensitization or cocaine self-administration. ..
- Aggarwal P, Lessie M, Lin D, Pontano L, Gladden A, Nuskey B, et al. Nuclear accumulation of cyclin D1 during S phase inhibits Cul4-dependent Cdt1 proteolysis and triggers p53-dependent DNA rereplication. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2908-22 pubmed..Collectively, the data presented reveal mechanistic insights into how uncoupling of critical cell cycle regulatory events will perturb DNA replication fidelity, thereby contributing to neoplastic transformation. ..
- Feng D, Liu T, Sun Z, Bugge A, Mullican S, Alenghat T, et al. A circadian rhythm orchestrated by histone deacetylase 3 controls hepatic lipid metabolism. Science. 2011;331:1315-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, genomic recruitment of HDAC3 by Rev-erb? directs a circadian rhythm of histone acetylation and gene expression required for normal hepatic lipid homeostasis. ..
- Beckmann H, Su L, Kadesch T. TFE3: a helix-loop-helix protein that activates transcription through the immunoglobulin enhancer muE3 motif. Genes Dev. 1990;4:167-79 pubmed..Like the other muE3-binding proteins detected in nuclear extracts, in vitro-synthesized TFE3 also binds to the USF/MLTF site found in the adenovirus major late promoter. ..
- Shore E, Guild G. Closely linked DNA elements control the expression of the Sgs-5 glue protein gene in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 1987;1:829-39 pubmed..One or a combination of these sites are likely contributors to the transcriptional inactivity of the Sgs-5CA2 allele. ..
- Argeson A, Druck T, Veronese M, Knopf J, Buchberg A, Huebner K, et al. Phospholipase C gamma-2 (Plcg2) and phospholipase C gamma-1 (Plcg1) map to distinct regions in the human and mouse genomes. Genomics. 1995;25:29-35 pubmed..Plcg2 does not map near its most closely related family member, Plcg1, in either genome, indicating that the mammalian Plcg genes belong to a dispersed family. ..
- Gaughan D, Barbaux S, Kluijtmans L, Whitehead A. The human and mouse methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) genes: genomic organization, mRNA structure and linkage to the CLCN6 gene. Gene. 2000;257:279-89 pubmed..The multiple MTHFR mRNA species identified in this report may reflect an underlying complex set of gene regulatory mechanisms acting through an alternative transcription start site and/or polyadenylation signal sequence utilization. ..
- Seo S, Mandik Nayak L, Erikson J. B cell anergy and systemic lupus erythematosus. Curr Dir Autoimmun. 2003;6:1-20 pubmed
- Ghiselli G, Coffee N, Munnery C, Koratkar R, Siracusa L. The cohesin SMC3 is a target the for beta-catenin/TCF4 transactivation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20259-67 pubmed..Altogether these results are consistent with the idea that the beta-catenin/TCF4 transactivation pathway contributes to SMC3 overexpression in intestinal tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang X, Nagl N, Wilsker D, Van Scoy M, Pacchione S, Yaciuk P, et al. Two related ARID family proteins are alternative subunits of human SWI/SNF complexes. Biochem J. 2004;383:319-25 pubmed..3.5:1, and BRG1 is distributed proportionally between the two ARID subunits. Analysis of DNA-binding behaviour indicates that ARID1B binds DNA in a non-sequence-specific manner similar to p270. ..
- Aguilar C, Davidson C, Dix M, Stead K, Zheng K, Hartman T, et al. Topoisomerase II suppresses the temperature sensitivity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae pds5 mutants, but not the defect in sister chromatid cohesion. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:1294-304 pubmed..Our results suggest that Pds5p and Top2p cooperate to promote proper chromosome segregation by a mechanism unrelated to either cohesion or catenation/decatenation. ..
- Diskin S, Li M, Hou C, Yang S, Glessner J, Hakonarson H, et al. Adjustment of genomic waves in signal intensities from whole-genome SNP genotyping platforms. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:e126 pubmed publisher..With the wide application of whole-genome SNP genotyping techniques, our wave adjustment method will be important for taking full advantage of genotyped samples for CNV analysis. ..
- Fernandes Alnemri T, Yu J, Datta P, Wu J, Alnemri E. AIM2 activates the inflammasome and cell death in response to cytoplasmic DNA. Nature. 2009;458:509-13 pubmed publisher..This study identifies AIM2 as an important inflammasome component that senses potentially dangerous cytoplasmic DNA, leading to activation of the ASC pyroptosome and caspase-1. ..
- Silviera M, Smith B, Powell J, Sapienza C. Epigenetic differences in normal colon mucosa of cancer patients suggest altered dietary metabolic pathways. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012;5:374-84 pubmed publisher..Because the differences identified are present in morphologically normal tissue, they may be diagnostic of colon cancer and/or prognostic of colon cancer susceptibility. ..
- Cheng J, Godwin A, Bellacosa A, Taguchi T, Franke T, Hamilton T, et al. AKT2, a putative oncogene encoding a member of a subfamily of protein-serine/threonine kinases, is amplified in human ovarian carcinomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9267-71 pubmed..We conclude that AKT2 belongs to a distinct subfamily of protein-serine/threonine kinases containing Src homology 2-like domains and that alterations of AKT2 may contribute to the pathogenesis of ovarian carcinomas. ..
- Tsuneyoshi T, Westerhausen A, Constantinou C, Prockop D. Substitutions for glycine alpha 1-637 and glycine alpha 2-694 of type I procollagen in lethal osteogenesis imperfecta. The conformational strain on the triple helix introduced by a glycine substitution can be transmitted along the helix. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15608-13 pubmed
- McGlynn K, Rosvold E, Lustbader E, Hu Y, Clapper M, Zhou T, et al. Susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with genetic variation in the enzymatic detoxification of aflatoxin B1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:2384-7 pubmed
- Lin E, Orlofsky A, Berger M, Prystowsky M. Characterization of A1, a novel hemopoietic-specific early-response gene with sequence similarity to bcl-2. J Immunol. 1993;151:1979-88 pubmed..These data demonstrate that A1 is a novel early-response gene whose expression is associated with a variety of stimuli and occurs in several hemopoietic cell types. ..
- Kiriakidou M, Driscoll D, Lopez Guisa J, Strauss J. Cloning and expression of primate Daxx cDNAs and mapping of the human gene to chromosome 6p21.3 in the MHC region. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:1289-98 pubmed..The location of the Daxx gene, which is implicated in the pathway for deletion of autoreactive lymphocytes, in the MHC region may shed light on the genetic basis of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Hoff H, Tresini M, Li S, Sell C. DBI-1, a novel gene related to the notch family, modulates mitogenic response to insulin-like growth factor 1. Exp Cell Res. 1998;238:359-70 pubmed..Overexpression of DBI-1 in cells which contain the wild-type IGF-1 receptor diminishes the mitogenic response to IGF-1. ..
- Schultz L, Chehab N, Malikzay A, Halazonetis T. p53 binding protein 1 (53BP1) is an early participant in the cellular response to DNA double-strand breaks. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1381-90 pubmed..Thus, the fast kinetics of 53BP1 focus formation after irradiation and the lack of dependency on ATM and NBS1 suggest that 53BP1 functions early in the cellular response to DNA DSBs. ..
- Tang J, Wu S, Liu H, Stratt R, Barak O, Shiekhattar R, et al. A novel transcription regulatory complex containing death domain-associated protein and the ATR-X syndrome protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20369-77 pubmed..Moreover, the localization of ATRX to the PML-NBs supports the notion that these structures may play an important role in transcription regulation. ..
- Shim K, Schmutte C, Tombline G, Heinen C, Fishel R. hXRCC2 enhances ADP/ATP processing and strand exchange by hRAD51. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30385-94 pubmed..These observations begin to elucidate the separate and specialized functions of the human mitotic RecA homologs that enable an efficient nucleoprotein filament required for HRR. ..
- Srinivasan L, Atchison M. YY1 DNA binding and PcG recruitment requires CtBP. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2596-601 pubmed..These results reveal a new role for CtBP in controlling YY1 DNA binding and recruitment of PcG proteins to DNA. ..
- Melnikov A, Scholtens D, Godwin A, Levenson V. Differential methylation profile of ovarian cancer in tissues and plasma. J Mol Diagn. 2009;11:60-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differential methylation profiling in heterogeneous samples has the potential to identify components of a composite biomarker that may detect ovarian cancer in blood with significant accuracy. ..
- Wang Z, Wang M, Kar S, Carr B. Involvement of ATM-mediated Chk1/2 and JNK kinase signaling activation in HKH40A-induced cell growth inhibition. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:213-20 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that binding of HKH40A to cellular DNA likely activates ATM kinase, which then induces parallel Chk 1/2 and JNK signaling pathways, leading to G2/M cell cycle block and apoptosis. ..
- Liao S, Toczylowski T, Yan H. Mechanistic analysis of Xenopus EXO1's function in 5'-strand resection at DNA double-strand breaks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:5967-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, xEXO1 and xWRN are required for both the initiation stage and the extension stage of resection. These results reveal important novel information on the mechanism of 5'-strand resection in eukaryotes. ..
- Sawamura D, Li K, Chu M, Uitto J. Human bullous pemphigoid antigen (BPAG1). Amino acid sequences deduced from cloned cDNAs predict biologically important peptide segments and protein domains. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:17784-90 pubmed..These data suggest that BPAG1 may be a membrane-associated protein that plays a role in the attachment of basal keratinocytes to the underlying basement membrane. ..
- Havre P, Rice M, Noe M, Kmiec E. The human REC2/RAD51B gene acts as a DNA damage sensor by inducing G1 delay and hypersensitivity to ultraviolet irradiation. Cancer Res. 1998;58:4733-9 pubmed..In summary, these findings of cell cycle slowing and UV-induced apoptosis in CHO cells constitutively expressing the human Rec2/Rad51B protein suggest that hsRec2/Rad51B plays a role in a DNA damage surveillance pathway. ..
- Redkar A, deRiel J, Xu Y, Montgomery M, Patwardhan V, Litvin J. Characterization of cardiac muscle factor 1 sequence motifs: retinoblastoma protein binding and nuclear localization. Gene. 2002;282:53-64 pubmed
- Kripke S, De Paula J, Berman J, Fox A, Rombeau J, Settle R. Experimental short-bowel syndrome: effect of an elemental diet supplemented with short-chain triglycerides. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991;53:954-62 pubmed..SCTs improved jejunal and colonic adaptive growth and maintained comparable nutritional status in SBS when compared with CD alone or CD with MCTs. ..
- Kontusaari S, Tromp G, Kuivaniemi H, Ladda R, Prockop D. Inheritance of an RNA splicing mutation (G+ 1 IVS20) in the type III procollagen gene (COL3A1) in a family having aortic aneurysms and easy bruisability: phenotypic overlap between familial arterial aneurysms and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 1990;47:112-20 pubmed..In addition, the results suggested that DNA tests for mutations in the type III procollagen gene may be useful to identify individuals predisposed to developing arterial aneurysms. ..
- Pulkkinen L, Nakano A, Ringpfeil F, Uitto J. Identification of ABCC6 pseudogenes on human chromosome 16p: implications for mutation detection in pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Hum Genet. 2001;109:356-65 pubmed..These strategies facilitate comprehensive analysis of ABCC6 for mutations in PXE. ..
- Balliet A, Hollander M, Fornace A, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Comparative analysis of the genetic structure and chromosomal mapping of the murine Gadd45g/CR6 gene. DNA Cell Biol. 2003;22:457-68 pubmed..This suggests that alleles of the Gadd45g gene may function in the regulation of body weight, in addition to its currently recognized roles in differentiation and stress responses. ..
- Williams M, Lee S, Pollack M, Blair I. Endogenous lipid hydroperoxide-mediated DNA-adduct formation in min mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10127-33 pubmed
- Chou S, Westhoff C. The role of molecular immunohematology in sickle cell disease. Transfus Apher Sci. 2011;44:73-9 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of altered RH alleles in patients with SCD suggests an important emerging role for molecular methods in expanding matching of patients and donors in the Rh system for this patient population. ..
- Kiledjian M, Dreyfuss G. Primary structure and binding activity of the hnRNP U protein: binding RNA through RGG box. EMBO J. 1992;11:2655-64 pubmed..We have termed this region the RGG box and propose that it is an RNA binding motif and a predictor of RNA binding activity. ..
- Nicolaides N, Gualdi R, Casadevall C, Manzella L, Calabretta B. Positive autoregulation of c-myb expression via Myb binding sites in the 5' flanking region of the human c-myb gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:6166-76 pubmed
- Chen E, Piddington R, Decker S, Park J, Yuan Z, Abrams W, et al. Regulation of amelogenin gene expression during tooth development. Dev Dyn. 1994;199:189-98 pubmed..Targeting of the transgene to the enamel organ was specific; the only other cells observed to be positive were macrophages, which have endogenous beta galactosidase activity. ..
- Mo Y, Ho W, Johnston K, Marmorstein R. Crystal structure of a ternary SAP-1/SRF/c-fos SRE DNA complex. J Mol Biol. 2001;314:495-506 pubmed
- Stoklosa T, Slupianek A, Datta M, Nieborowska Skorska M, Nowicki M, Koptyra M, et al. BCR/ABL recruits p53 tumor suppressor protein to induce drug resistance. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:1463-72 pubmed..In conclusion, accumulation of the p53 protein contributed to prolonged G(2)/M checkpoint activation and drug resistance in myeloid cells expressing the BCR/ABL oncoproteins. ..
- Stevens P, Pettenazzo A, Brasch F, Mulugeta S, Baritussio A, Ochs M, et al. Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia, alveolar proteinosis, and abnormal proprotein trafficking resulting from a spontaneous mutation in the surfactant protein C gene. Pediatr Res. 2005;57:89-98 pubmed..We propose that, similar to other storage disorders, lung injury results from induction of a toxic gain of function induced by the mutant product that is subject to genetic modifiers and environmental influences. ..
- Yan J, Chen Y, Desmond A, Silva A, Yang Y, Wang H, et al. Cdx4 and menin co-regulate Hoxa9 expression in hematopoietic cells. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e47 pubmed..These results suggest a functional link among Cdx4, menin and histone modifications in Hoxa9 regulation in hematopoietic cells. ..
- Tremblay K, Saam J, Ingram R, Tilghman S, Bartolomei M. A paternal-specific methylation imprint marks the alleles of the mouse H19 gene. Nat Genet. 1995;9:407-13 pubmed..That subset is sufficient to confer monoallelic expression to the gene in blastocysts. We propose that paternal-specific methylation of the far 5' region is the mark that distinguishes the two alleles of H19. ..
- Lounsbury K, Schlegel B, Poncz M, Brass L, Manning D. Analysis of Gz alpha by site-directed mutagenesis. Sites and specificity of protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:3494-8 pubmed..Moreover, Gi alpha, Gz alpha, and Gq alpha were not phosphorylated in response to analogues of cAMP or cGMP. Thus, only Gz alpha is phosphorylated in platelets and only in response to activation of protein kinase C. ..
- Shen W, Scearce L, Brestelli J, Sund N, Kaestner K. Foxa3 (hepatocyte nuclear factor 3gamma ) is required for the regulation of hepatic GLUT2 expression and the maintenance of glucose homeostasis during a prolonged fast. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42812-7 pubmed..In addition, we investigated the hepatic transcription factor network in Foxa3(-/-) mice and found that the normal activation of HNF-4alpha, HNF-1alpha, and PGC-1 induced by fasting is attenuated in mice lacking Foxa3. ..
- Tang X, Robinson M, Riceberg J, Kim D, Kung B, Titus T, et al. Favorable neuroblastoma genes and molecular therapeutics of neuroblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5837-44 pubmed..Collectively, these observations further emphasize the link between the elevated favorable NB gene expression and a benign phenotype of NB. ..
- Culyba M, Hwang Y, Hu J, Minkah N, Ocwieja K, Bushman F. Metal cofactors in the structure and activity of the fowlpox resolvase. J Mol Biol. 2010;399:182-95 pubmed publisher..These data show how divalent metals dictate the conformation of FPV resolvase-DNA complexes and subsequent DNA cleavage...
- Kizewski A, Ilies M. Efficient and synergetic DNA delivery with pyridinium amphiphiles-gold nanoparticle composite systems having different packing parameters. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:60-3 pubmed publisher..Mixtures of highly curved pyridinium-decorated Au nanoparticles and standard pyridinium cationic lipids efficiently and synergetically transfected DNA in vitro, while displaying an excellent cytotoxic profile. ..
- Wei F, Scholer H, Atchison M. Sumoylation of Oct4 enhances its stability, DNA binding, and transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21551-60 pubmed..Therefore, sumoylation of Oct4 results in increased stability, DNA binding, and transactivation and provides an important mechanism to regulate Oct4 activity. ..
- Sundstrom S, Komm B, Ponce de Leon H, Yi Z, Teuscher C, Lyttle C. Estrogen regulation of tissue-specific expression of complement C3. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:16941-7 pubmed..Based on biophysical, DNA sequence, and antibody data we conclude that rat uterine epithelial cells produce C3 in response to estradiol whereas the expression in the liver was not modulated by estrogens. ..
- Weidenfeld J, Shu W, Zhang L, Millar S, Morrisey E. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21061-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2. ..
- Jacobson S, Cideciyan A, Sumaroka A, Roman A, Charng J, Lu M, et al. Outcome Measures for Clinical Trials of Leber Congenital Amaurosis Caused by the Intronic Mutation in the CEP290 Gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2609-2622 pubmed publisher..TPLR and OCI can provide objective measures of postretinal transmission. Minimal change over a decade indicates that there is no practical value in natural history studies. ..
- Driscoll D, Spinner N, Budarf M, McDonald McGinn D, Zackai E, Goldberg R, et al. Deletions and microdeletions of 22q11.2 in velo-cardio-facial syndrome. Am J Med Genet. 1992;44:261-8 pubmed..Deletions of the same loci previously shown to be deleted in patients with DGC explains the overlapping phenotype of VCFS and the DGC and supports the hypothesis that the cause of these two disorders is the same. ..
- Rothstein J, Johnson D, DeLoia J, Skowronski J, Solter D, Knowles B. Gene expression during preimplantation mouse development. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1190-201 pubmed
- Pawlowski J, Huizinga M, Penning T. Cloning and sequencing of the cDNA for rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:8820-5 pubmed..M., Abrams, W. R., and Pawlowski, J. E. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 8826-8834]. The sequence data presented suggests that 3 alpha-HSD, prostaglandin F synthase, and aldehyde/aldose reductases are members of a common gene family. ..
- Standiford D, Davis M, Miedema K, Franzini Armstrong C, Emerson C. Myosin rod protein: a novel thick filament component of Drosophila muscle. J Mol Biol. 1997;265:40-55 pubmed..These data indicate that MRP is a novel contractile protein that co-integrates with myosin into the thick filament, thereby changing structure and function of the sarcomere. ..
- Fujioka M, Yusibova G, Sackerson C, Tillib S, Mazo A, Satake M, et al. Runt domain partner proteins enhance DNA binding and transcriptional repression in cultured Drosophila cells. Genes Cells. 1996;1:741-54 pubmed..Drosophila Runt can interact with either of two Runt domain partners, and the resulting complex functions as an active repressor of transcription. ..