Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna binding proteins in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: dna binding proteins
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Kasten M, Giordano A. Cdk10, a Cdc2-related kinase, associates with the Ets2 transcription factor and modulates its transactivation activity. Oncogene. 2001;20:1832-8 pubmed..We find that Cdk10 binds full length Ets2 in vitro and in vivo and inhibits Ets2 transactivation in mammalian cells. ..
- Guenther M, Barak O, Lazar M. The SMRT and N-CoR corepressors are activating cofactors for histone deacetylase 3. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6091-101 pubmed..Thus, SMRT and N-CoR do not serve merely as platforms for HDAC recruitment but function as an integral component of an active cellular HDAC3 enzyme. ..
- Stokes D, Liu G, Dharmavaram R, Hawkins D, Piera Velazquez S, Jimenez S. Regulation of type-II collagen gene expression during human chondrocyte de-differentiation and recovery of chondrocyte-specific phenotype in culture involves Sry-type high-mobility-group box (SOX) transcription factors. Biochem J. 2001;360:461-70 pubmed..These results underscore the overt change in phenotype that occurs when chondrocytes are cultured as monolayers on tissue-culture plastic substrata. ..
- Xu X, Chu A, Pasha T, Elder D, Zhang P. Immunoprofile of MITF, tyrosinase, melan-A, and MAGE-1 in HMB45-negative melanomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:82-7 pubmed..Melanocyte-specific transcription factor is not a useful marker for desmoplastic melanoma. ..
- Sterner D, Wang X, Bloom M, Simon G, Berger S. The SANT domain of Ada2 is required for normal acetylation of histones by the yeast SAGA complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8178-86 pubmed..These results suggest that histone and nucleosomal substrate recognition by SAGA involves multiple conserved domains and proteins, beyond those that have been previously identified. ..
- Wallecha A, Munster V, Correnti J, Chan T, van der Woude M. Dam- and OxyR-dependent phase variation of agn43: essential elements and evidence for a new role of DNA methylation. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:3338-47 pubmed..Deletion analyses of the regulatory region showed that a 101-nucleotide region of the agn43 regulatory region containing the promoter and this OxyR binding region was sufficient for Dam- and OxyR-dependent phase variation ..
- Belletti B, Drakas R, Morrione A, Tu X, Prisco M, Yuan T, et al. Regulation of Id1 protein expression in mouse embryo fibroblasts by the type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor. Exp Cell Res. 2002;277:107-18 pubmed..In all instances, the increase in Id1 protein expression is paralleled by a corresponding increase in Id1 promoter activity, as measured with a reporter gene. ..
- Fischer L, Boland G, Tuan R. Wnt-3A enhances bone morphogenetic protein-2-mediated chondrogenesis of murine C3H10T1/2 mesenchymal cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30870-8 pubmed
- Barr F, Qualman S, Macris M, Melnyk N, Lawlor E, Strzelecki D, et al. Genetic heterogeneity in the alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma subset without typical gene fusions. Cancer Res. 2002;62:4704-10 pubmed
- Letting D, Rakowski C, Weiss M, Blobel G. Formation of a tissue-specific histone acetylation pattern by the hematopoietic transcription factor GATA-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1334-40 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that GATA-1 and its cofactor CBP are essential for the formation of an erythroid-specific acetylation pattern that is permissive for high levels of gene expression. ..
- Hingorani S. New pathways to pancreatic cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2004;3:170-2 pubmed
- Tomescu O, Xia S, Strezlecki D, Bennicelli J, Ginsberg J, Pawel B, et al. Inducible short-term and stable long-term cell culture systems reveal that the PAX3-FKHR fusion oncoprotein regulates CXCR4, PAX3, and PAX7 expression. Lab Invest. 2004;84:1060-70 pubmed..These findings of genes regulated by PAX3-FKHR will direct future biological and clinical investigation to important pathways contributing to ARMS tumorigenesis and progression. ..
- Slupianek A, Gurdek E, Koptyra M, Nowicki M, Siddiqui K, Groden J, et al. BLM helicase is activated in BCR/ABL leukemia cells to modulate responses to cisplatin. Oncogene. 2005;24:3914-22 pubmed..These data suggest that BLM collaborates with RAD51 to facilitate HRR and promotes the resistance of BCR/ABL-positive leukemia cells to DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Srinivasan L, Pan X, Atchison M. Transient requirements of YY1 expression for PcG transcriptional repression and phenotypic rescue. J Cell Biochem. 2005;96:689-99 pubmed..Therefore, YY1 was transiently required for correction of fly defects and was dispensable past the pharate adult stage. Possible mechanisms of repression by YY1 are discussed. ..
- Hirohashi Y, Wang Q, Liu Q, Li B, Du X, Zhang H, et al. Centrosomal proteins Nde1 and Su48 form a complex regulated by phosphorylation. Oncogene. 2006;25:6048-55 pubmed..Collectively, our findings indicate that Nde1 can form a protein complex with Su48 in the centrosome and plays an important role for successful mitosis. ..
- Kiefer K, Oshinsky J, Kim J, Nakajima P, Bosma G, Bosma M. The catalytic subunit of DNA-protein kinase (DNA-PKcs) is not required for Ig class-switch recombination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2843-8 pubmed..The answer was affirmative. We conclude that joining of DNA ends during CSR does not require DNA-PKcs and can occur by an alternative repair pathway to that used for V(D)J recombination. ..
- Winton M, Igaz L, Wong M, Kwong L, Trojanowski J, Lee V. Disturbance of nuclear and cytoplasmic TAR DNA-binding protein (TDP-43) induces disease-like redistribution, sequestration, and aggregate formation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:13302-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, FTLD-U/ALS pathogenesis may be linked mechanistically to deleterious perturbations of nuclear trafficking and solubility of TDP-43. ..
- Fujioka M, Yusibova G, Zhou J, Jaynes J. The DNA-binding Polycomb-group protein Pleiohomeotic maintains both active and repressed transcriptional states through a single site. Development. 2008;135:4131-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, a DNA-binding complex requiring Pho is differentially regulated to facilitate epigenetic transcriptional memory of both the active and the repressed state. ..
- Alnemri E, Maksymowych A, Robertson N, Litwack G. Overexpression and characterization of the human mineralocorticoid receptor. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:18072-81 pubmed..Finally, indirect immunofluorescence demonstrated that the hMR is expressed primarily as a cytoplasmic protein that can be induced to translocate to the nucleus upon treatment with hormone. ..
- Pongubala J, Nagulapalli S, Klemsz M, McKercher S, Maki R, Atchison M. PU.1 recruits a second nuclear factor to a site important for immunoglobulin kappa 3' enhancer activity. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:368-78 pubmed..1 that is necessary for interaction with NF-EM5. This segment encompasses a 43-amino-acid region with PEST sequence homology, i.e., one that is rich in proline (P), glutamic acid (E), serine (S), and threonine (T). ..
- Stokes D, Perry R. DNA-binding and chromatin localization properties of CHD1. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2745-53 pubmed..These observations lend credence to the idea that CHD1, like other proteins with chromo or helicase/ATPase domains, plays an important role in the determination of chromatin architecture. ..
- Chen N, Chang C, Gallia G, Kerr D, Johnson E, Krachmarov C, et al. Cooperative action of cellular proteins YB-1 and Pur alpha with the tumor antigen of the human JC polyomavirus determines their interaction with the viral lytic control element. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:1087-91 pubmed..Based on the interaction of Pur alpha, YB-1, and TAg, and their binding to DNA, a model is proposed for the role of these proteins in transcription of viral early and late genes during the lytic cycle. ..
- Abdollahi A, Roberts D, Godwin A, Schultz D, Sonoda G, Testa J, et al. Identification of a zinc-finger gene at 6q25: a chromosomal region implicated in development of many solid tumors. Oncogene. 1997;14:1973-9 pubmed
- Virgilio L, Lazzeri C, Bichi R, Nibu K, Narducci M, Russo G, et al. Deregulated expression of TCL1 causes T cell leukemia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3885-9 pubmed
- Perrotti D, Bonatti S, Trotta R, Martinez R, Skorski T, Salomoni P, et al. TLS/FUS, a pro-oncogene involved in multiple chromosomal translocations, is a novel regulator of BCR/ABL-mediated leukemogenesis. EMBO J. 1998;17:4442-55 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that FUS might function as a regulator of BCR/ABL leukemogenesis, promoting growth factor independence and preventing differentiation via modulation of cytokine receptor expression. ..
- Perez M, Paulson H, Pendse S, Saionz S, Bonini N, Pittman R. Recruitment and the role of nuclear localization in polyglutamine-mediated aggregation. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1457-70 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that the nuclear environment may be critical for seeding polyglutamine aggregates...
- Lechner M, Begg G, Speicher D, Rauscher F. Molecular determinants for targeting heterochromatin protein 1-mediated gene silencing: direct chromoshadow domain-KAP-1 corepressor interaction is essential. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6449-65 pubmed..Together, these results strongly suggest that KAP-1 is a physiologically relevant target for HP1 function. ..
- Hu C, Rao S, Ramirez Bergeron D, Garrett Sinha L, Gerondakis S, Clark M, et al. PU.1/Spi-B regulation of c-rel is essential for mature B cell survival. Immunity. 2001;15:545-55 pubmed..1 and Spi-B, in promoting B lymphocyte survival. ..
- Zhou B, Cron R, Wu B, Genin A, Wang Z, Liu S, et al. Regulation of the murine Nfatc1 gene by NFATc2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10704-11 pubmed..This study suggests that pre-existing NFATc2 contributes to the subsequent induction of Nfatc1 during T cell activation. ..
- Zhu F, King S, Smith E, Levy D, Yuan Y. A Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesviral protein inhibits virus-mediated induction of type I interferon by blocking IRF-7 phosphorylation and nuclear accumulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5573-8 pubmed..Inhibition of interferon gene expression through a viral protein blocking the activation and nuclear translocation of a crucial transcription factor is a novel mechanism for viral immune evasion. ..
- Andl T, Reddy S, Gaddapara T, Millar S. WNT signals are required for the initiation of hair follicle development. Dev Cell. 2002;2:643-53 pubmed..This phenotype indicates that activation of WNT signaling in the skin precedes, and is required for, localized expression of regulatory genes and initiation of hair follicle placode formation. ..
- Silverman K, Koratkar R, Siracusa L, Buchberg A. Exclusion of Madh2, Madh4, and Madh7 as candidates for the modifier of Min 2 (Mom2) locus. Mamm Genome. 2003;14:119-29 pubmed
- Yu J, Li Y, Ishizuka T, Guenther M, Lazar M. A SANT motif in the SMRT corepressor interprets the histone code and promotes histone deacetylation. EMBO J. 2003;22:3403-10 pubmed..This implies that the SMRT HID participates in interpreting the histone code in a feed-forward mechanism that promotes and maintains histone deacetylation at genomic sites of SMRT recruitment. ..
- Zhong X, Hainey E, Olenchock B, Jordan M, Maltzman J, Nichols K, et al. Enhanced T cell responses due to diacylglycerol kinase zeta deficiency. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:882-90 pubmed..These results demonstrate the importance of DGKzeta as a physiological negative regulator of TCR signaling and T cell activation. ..
- Capo Chichi C, Roland I, Vanderveer L, Bao R, Yamagata T, Hirai H, et al. Anomalous expression of epithelial differentiation-determining GATA factors in ovarian tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4967-77 pubmed..We propose that alterations of GATA transcription factor expression and aberrant nucleocytoplasmic localization may contribute to the anomalous epithelial dedifferentiation of the ovarian tumor cells. ..
- Strachan G, Morgan K, Otis L, Caltagarone J, Gittis A, Bowser R, et al. Fetal Alz-50 clone 1 interacts with the human orthologue of the Kelch-like Ech-associated protein. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12113-22 pubmed..Furthermore, the observed competition between FAC1 and Nrf2 for binding hKeap1 indicates that the interplay between these three proteins has important implications for neuronal response to oxidative stress. ..
- Srinivasan L, Atchison M. YY1 DNA binding and PcG recruitment requires CtBP. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2596-601 pubmed..These results reveal a new role for CtBP in controlling YY1 DNA binding and recruitment of PcG proteins to DNA. ..
- Nolen L, Gao S, Han Z, Mann M, Gie Chung Y, Otte A, et al. X chromosome reactivation and regulation in cloned embryos. Dev Biol. 2005;279:525-40 pubmed..We conclude that, although SCNT embryos can reactivate, count, and inactivate X chromosomes, they are not able to regulate XCI consistently. These results illustrate the heterogeneity of epigenetic changes found in cloned embryos. ..
- Amini S, Mameli G, Del Valle L, Skowronska A, Reiss K, Gelman B, et al. p73 Interacts with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat in astrocytic cells and prevents its acetylation on lysine 28. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8126-38 pubmed..Furthermore, p73 prevented the interaction of Tat with cyclin T1 in vitro but not in vivo. These findings suggest possible new therapeutic approaches, using p73, for Tat-mediated AIDS pathogenesis. ..
- Katuri V, Tang Y, Li C, Jogunoori W, Deng C, Rashid A, et al. Critical interactions between TGF-beta signaling/ELF, and E-cadherin/beta-catenin mediated tumor suppression. Oncogene. 2006;25:1871-86 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a group of common lethal malignancies in which inactivation of TGF-beta signaling, which is essential for tumor suppression, is disrupted by inactivation of the ELF adaptor protein. ..
- Rebbeck T, Mitra N, Domchek S, Wan F, Chuai S, Friebel T, et al. Modification of ovarian cancer risk by BRCA1/2-interacting genes in a multicenter cohort of BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5801-10 pubmed publisher..026). Variants in genes that interact biologically withBRCA1 and/or BRCA2 may be associated with modified ovarian cancer risk in women who carry BRCA1/2 mutations. ..
- Cenna J, Hunter M, Tan G, Papaneri A, Ribka E, Schnell M, et al. Replication-deficient rabies virus-based vaccines are safe and immunogenic in mice and nonhuman primates. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1251-60 pubmed publisher..The data presented in this article suggest that the M gene-deleted RV vaccine is safe and effective and holds the potential of replacing current pre- and postexposure RV vaccines. ..
- Menkens A, Cashmore A. Isolation and characterization of a fourth Arabidopsis thaliana G-box-binding factor, which has similarities to Fos oncoprotein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:2522-6 pubmed
- Acharya S, Wilson T, Gradia S, Kane M, Guerrette S, Marsischky G, et al. hMSH2 forms specific mispair-binding complexes with hMSH3 and hMSH6. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:13629-34 pubmed..These results help to explain the distribution of mutations in different mismatch-repair genes seen in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer. ..
- Grimes H, Gilks C, Chan T, Porter S, Tsichlis P. The Gfi-1 protooncoprotein represses Bax expression and inhibits T-cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:14569-73 pubmed..Therefore, Gfi-1 may inhibit apoptosis by means of its repression of multiple proapoptotic regulators. The antiapoptotic properties of Gfi-1 provide a potential explanation for its strong collaboration with c-myc during oncogenesis. ..
- Fishel R, Wilson T. MutS homologs in mammalian cells. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1997;7:105-13 pubmed..The redundant functions of MSH3 and MSH6 explain the greater prevalence of hmsh2 mutations in HNPCC families. ..
- Reid R, Fiorani P, Sugawara M, Bjornsti M. CDC45 and DPB11 are required for processive DNA replication and resistance to DNA topoisomerase I-mediated DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11440-5 pubmed..These results provide a mechanistic basis for understanding the cellular processes involved in the resolution of DNA damage induced by camptothecin and DNA topoisomerase I. ..
- Majka M, Ratajczak J, Kowalska M, Ratajczak M. Binding of stromal derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha) to CXCR4 chemokine receptor in normal human megakaryoblasts but not in platelets induces phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase p42/44 (MAPK), ELK-1 transcription factor and serine/th. Eur J Haematol. 2000;64:164-72 pubmed..The biological consequences of MAPK, ELK-1 and AKT phosphorylation in megakaryoblasts after stimulation with SDF-1alpha require further studies. ..
- Biegel J, Kalpana G, Knudsen E, Packer R, Roberts C, Thiele C, et al. The role of INI1 and the SWI/SNF complex in the development of rhabdoid tumors: meeting summary from the workshop on childhood atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors. Cancer Res. 2002;62:323-8 pubmed..A detailed summary of the discussions regarding diagnostic studies and the roles for radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the treatment of rhabdoid tumors will be published separately. ..
- Seethala R, Goldblum J, Hicks D, Lehman M, Khurana J, Pasha T, et al. Immunohistochemical evaluation of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor expression in giant cell lesions. Mod Pathol. 2004;17:1491-6 pubmed..These findings support the notion that giant cells in giant cell lesions are likely derived from adjacent mononuclear cells and Mitf might play a role in the multinucleation process of such cells...
- Strachan G, Kopp A, Koike M, Morgan K, Jordan Sciutto K. Chemokine- and neurotrophic factor-induced changes in E2F1 localization and phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (pRb) occur by distinct mechanisms in murine cortical cultures. Exp Neurol. 2005;193:455-68 pubmed
- Safrany G, Perry R. Characterization of the mouse gene that encodes the delta/YY1/NF-E1/UCRBP transcription factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5559-63 pubmed..Several striking similarities between the delta gene and genes encoding other transcription factors and regulatory proteins are noted and discussed with respect to their possible biological significance. ..
- Barr F, Nauta L, Davis R, Schafer B, Nycum L, Biegel J. In vivo amplification of the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusion genes in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:15-21 pubmed..These findings indicate that translocation and amplification can occur sequentially in a cancer to alter both the structure and copy number of a gene and thereby activate oncogenic activity by complementary mechanisms...
- Arakawa H, Nakamura T, Zhadanov A, Fidanza V, Yano T, Bullrich F, et al. Identification and characterization of the ARP1 gene, a target for the human acute leukemia ALL1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4573-8 pubmed..The results are also consistent with the suggestion that ALL1 chimeric proteins resulting from 11q23 abnormalities act in a dominant negative fashion. ..
- Schmutte C, Marinescu R, Sadoff M, Guerrette S, Overhauser J, Fishel R. Human exonuclease I interacts with the mismatch repair protein hMSH2. Cancer Res. 1998;58:4537-42 pubmed..hExoI was found to interact strongly with the human MMR protein hMSH2, suggesting its involvement in the MMR process and/or DNA recombination. ..
- Jacob A, Manjunath N, Bray Ward P, Kandpal R. Molecular cloning of a zinc finger gene eZNF from a human inner ear cDNA library, and in situ expression pattern of its mouse homologue in mouse inner ear. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1998;24:121-9 pubmed
- Chen J, Goldhamer D. Transcriptional mechanisms regulating MyoD expression in the mouse. Cell Tissue Res. 1999;296:213-9 pubmed..Here we discuss recent advances in these areas, with emphasis on in vivo analyses of MyoD transcription. ..
- Ansari S, Safak M, Gallia G, Sawaya B, Amini S, Khalili K. Interaction of YB-1 with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat and TAR RNA modulates viral promoter activity. J Gen Virol. 1999;80 ( Pt 10):2629-38 pubmed..The importance of these findings in light of the proposed mechanism of Tat function is discussed. ..
- Nakamura T, Blechman J, Tada S, Rozovskaia T, Itoyama T, Bullrich F, et al. huASH1 protein, a putative transcription factor encoded by a human homologue of the Drosophila ash1 gene, localizes to both nuclei and cell-cell tight junctions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7284-9 pubmed..The significance of huASH1 dual location is discussed. In particular, we consider the possibility that translocation of the protein between the junctional membrane and the nucleus may be involved in adhesion-mediated signaling. ..
- Zhao F, McCarrick Walmsley R, Akerblad P, Sigvardsson M, Kadesch T. Inhibition of p300/CBP by early B-cell factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3837-46 pubmed..Our data reveal an intriguing inhibitory property of EBF-a property shared only by E1A, Twist, Pu.1, and the Hox family of homeodomain proteins-and suggest that E47 and EBF play distinct roles during lambda5 promoter activation. ..
- Yang N, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Kazazian H. An important role for RUNX3 in human L1 transcription and retrotransposition. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:4929-40 pubmed
- Wilsker D, Patsialou A, Zumbrun S, Kim S, Chen Y, Dallas P, et al. The DNA-binding properties of the ARID-containing subunits of yeast and mammalian SWI/SNF complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1345-53 pubmed..These results emphasize that care must be taken when comparing yeast and higher eukaryotic SWI/SNF complexes in terms of DNA-binding mechanisms. ..
- Tonini T, Bagella L, D Andrilli G, Claudio P, Giordano A. Ezh2 reduces the ability of HDAC1-dependent pRb2/p130 transcriptional repression of cyclin A. Oncogene. 2004;23:4930-7 pubmed..In this study, we propose a new mechanism for the functional inactivation of pRb2/p130 that ultimately contributes to cell cycle progression and malignant transformation. ..
- Li S, Zhou D, Lu M, Morrisey E. Advanced cardiac morphogenesis does not require heart tube fusion. Science. 2004;305:1619-22 pubmed
- Liu S, Rattner J, Jablonski S, Yen T. Mapping the assembly pathways that specify formation of the trilaminar kinetochore plates in human cells. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:41-53 pubmed..We elaborate on a previous model that suggested kinetochores are assembled from repetitive modules (Zinkowski, R.P., J. Meyne, and B.R. Brinkley. 1991. J. Cell Biol. 113:1091-110). ..
- Alves Guerra M, Ronchini C, Capobianco A. Mastermind-like 1 Is a specific coactivator of beta-catenin transcription activation and is essential for colon carcinoma cell survival. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8690-8 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of a role for the Mastermind-like family in another signaling pathway and that the knockdown of Mastermind-like family function leads to tumor cell death. ..
- Winton M, Van Deerlin V, Kwong L, Yuan W, Wood E, Yu C, et al. A90V TDP-43 variant results in the aberrant localization of TDP-43 in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2252-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, A90V may be a genetic risk factor for FTLD/ALS because it predisposes nuclear TDP-43 to redistribute to the cytoplasm and form pathological aggregates. ..
- Huang C, Xia P, Zhou H. Sustained expression of TDP-43 and FUS in motor neurons in rodent's lifetime. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:396-406 pubmed..To faithfully model the pathology of TDP-43- or FUS gene mutations in rodents, we must replicate the expression patterns of the TDP-43 and the FUS gene in animals. ..
- Bell C, Lewis M. Crystallographic analysis of Lac repressor bound to natural operator O1. J Mol Biol. 2001;312:921-6 pubmed
- Yin L, Wang J, Klein P, Lazar M. Nuclear receptor Rev-erbalpha is a critical lithium-sensitive component of the circadian clock. Science. 2006;311:1002-5 pubmed..Control of Rev-erbalpha protein stability is thus a critical component of the peripheral clock and a biological target of lithium therapy. ..
- Darbinian N, White M, Khalili K. Regulation of the Pur-alpha promoter by E2F-1. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:1052-63 pubmed..In a Tet-inducible cell line, Puralpha delayed cell cycle progression. Thus, E2F-1 and Puralpha interplay appears to be involved in the regulation of Puralpha expression and the cell cycle. ..
- Scearce L, Laz T, Hazel T, Lau L, Taub R. RNR-1, a nuclear receptor in the NGFI-B/Nur77 family that is rapidly induced in regenerating liver. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8855-61 pubmed..As both the RNR-1 and r-NGFI/m-nur77 genes are induced during liver regeneration, it is very possible that RNR-1 acts concomitantly with r-NGFI/m-Nur77 in regulating the expression of delayed-early genes during liver regeneration. ..
- Gustafsson M, Pan H, Pinney D, Liu Y, Lewandowski A, Epstein D, et al. Myf5 is a direct target of long-range Shh signaling and Gli regulation for muscle specification. Genes Dev. 2002;16:114-26 pubmed
- Chiffoleau E, Kobayashi T, Walsh M, King C, Walsh P, Hancock W, et al. TNF receptor-associated factor 6 deficiency during hemopoiesis induces Th2-polarized inflammatory disease. J Immunol. 2003;171:5751-9 pubmed..Therefore, in addition to playing a critical role in innate and adaptive immunity, TRAF6 is likely to play a previously unrecognized role in the maintenance of self-tolerance. ..
- Rieske P, Krynska B, Azizi S. Human fibroblast-derived cell lines have characteristics of embryonic stem cells and cells of neuro-ectodermal origin. Differentiation. 2005;73:474-83 pubmed..These data indicate that the cells commonly known as fibroblasts have some of the characteristics of stem cells, and can be induced to become neuroectodermal cells and perhaps even mature neurons. ..
- Jackson E, Sievert A, Gai X, Hakonarson H, Judkins A, Tooke L, et al. Genomic analysis using high-density single nucleotide polymorphism-based oligonucleotide arrays and multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification provides a comprehensive analysis of INI1/SMARCB1 in malignant rhabdoid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1923-30 pubmed publisher..2. By employing a multimodality approach, the wide spectrum of alterations of INI1 can be identified in the majority of patients, which increases the clinical utility of molecular diagnostic testing. ..
- Stoller J, Huang L, Tan C, Huang F, Zhou D, Yang J, et al. Ash2l interacts with Tbx1 and is required during early embryogenesis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:569-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our finding of a physical interaction between Tbx1 and Ash2l suggest that at least some functions of Tbx1 may be mediated by direct interactions with a histone methyltransferase complex. ..
- Zhang J, Hug B, Huang E, Chen C, Gelmetti V, Maccarana M, et al. Oligomerization of ETO is obligatory for corepressor interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:156-63 pubmed..As nuclear receptors also interact with corepressors as dimers, oligomerization may be a common mechanism regulating corepressor interactions. ..
- Enam S, Sweet T, Amini S, Khalili K, Del Valle L. Evidence for involvement of transforming growth factor beta1 signaling pathway in activation of JC virus in human immunodeficiency virus 1-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004;128:282-91 pubmed..JC virus (JCV), a human neurotropic polyomavirus, is the etiologic infectious agent of this disease...
- Biegel J. Molecular genetics of atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor. Neurosurg Focus. 2006;20:E11 pubmed..The complex is recruited to promoters of a large variety of genes involved in cell signaling, growth, and differentiation. This review summarizes what is currently known regarding the molecular genetics of RTs...
- White D, Negorev D, Peng H, Ivanov A, Maul G, Rauscher F. KAP1, a novel substrate for PIKK family members, colocalizes with numerous damage response factors at DNA lesions. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11594-9 pubmed..This discovery provides a novel link between chromatin-mediated transcriptional repression and the recognition/repair of DNA, which must be accomplished by the cellular DNA damage response. ..
- Wiedmer A, Wang P, Zhou J, Rennekamp A, Tiranti V, Zeviani M, et al. Epstein-Barr virus immediate-early protein Zta co-opts mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein to promote viral and inhibit mitochondrial DNA replication. J Virol. 2008;82:4647-55 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial DNA synthesis and genome copy number were reduced by Zta-induced EBV lytic replication. We conclude that Zta interaction with mtSSB serves the dual function of facilitating viral and blocking mitochondrial DNA replication. ..
- Brent M, Iwata A, Carten J, Zhao K, Marmorstein R. Structure and biochemical characterization of protein acetyltransferase from Sulfolobus solfataricus. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19412-9 pubmed publisher..The structural similarity of PAT to eukaryotic HATs combined with its conserved role in chromatin regulation suggests that PAT is evolutionarily related to the eukaryotic HATs...
- Fredericks W, Galili N, Mukhopadhyay S, Rovera G, Bennicelli J, Barr F, et al. The PAX3-FKHR fusion protein created by the t(2;13) translocation in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas is a more potent transcriptional activator than PAX3. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1522-35 pubmed..The PAX3-FKHR protein may function as an oncogenic transcription factor by enhanced activation of normal PAX3 target genes...
- Tang L, Li J, Katz D, Feng J. Determining the DNA bending angle induced by non-specific high mobility group-1 (HMG-1) proteins: a novel method. Biochemistry. 2000;39:3052-60 pubmed..We believe that this experimental design provides an effective vehicle to determine the DNA bending induced by nonspecific HMG-1 proteins. ..
- Lee C, Sund N, Vatamaniuk M, Matschinsky F, Stoffers D, Kaestner K. Foxa2 controls Pdx1 gene expression in pancreatic beta-cells in vivo. Diabetes. 2002;51:2546-51 pubmed..These data represent the first in vivo demonstration that Foxa2 acts upstream of Pdx1 in the differentiated beta-cell. ..
- Waters N, Knight J, Creasy C, Bergman L. The yeast Pho80-Pho85 cyclin-CDK complex has multiple substrates. Curr Genet. 2004;46:1-9 pubmed..Thus, the control of acid phosphatase expression involves the phosphorylation of several of the regulatory components of the system. ..
- Smirnov D, Cheung V. ATM gene mutations result in both recessive and dominant expression phenotypes of genes and microRNAs. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;83:243-53 pubmed publisher..By integrating molecular and computational analyses of gene and microRNA expression, we show the complex consequences of a human gene mutation. ..
- Haas S, Steplewski A, Siracusa L, Amini S, Khalili K. Identification of a sequence-specific single-stranded DNA binding protein that suppresses transcription of the mouse myelin basic protein gene. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:12503-10 pubmed..The myef-2 gene maps to mouse chromosome 2. The relevance of these findings for regulation of MBP gene expression and oligodendrocyte differentiation is discussed. ..
- Burch J, Davis D. Alternative promoter usage and splicing options result in the differential expression of mRNAs encoding four isoforms of chicken VBP, a member of the PAR subfamily of bZIP transcription factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:4733-41 pubmed
- Ludlow L, Schick B, Budarf M, Driscoll D, Zackai E, Cohen A, et al. Identification of a mutation in a GATA binding site of the platelet glycoprotein Ibbeta promoter resulting in the Bernard-Soulier syndrome. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22076-80 pubmed