Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: cell line
Publications491 found, 100 shown here
- Hu D, Liu W, Wu G, Wan Y. Nuclear translocation of Skp2 facilitates its destruction in response to TGF? signaling. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:285-92 pubmed..Our finding reveals a cellular mechanism that facilitates Skp2 ubiquitylation by Cdh1/APC in response to TGF?. ..
- Beidler D, Candia A, Chernin M, Novak J. Resistance to pyrazofurin and 6-azauridine in normal MC3T3-E1 murine osteoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;1014:101-7 pubmed
- Park T, Zambidis E, Lucitti J, Logar A, Keller B, Peault B. Human embryonic stem cell-derived hematoendothelial progenitors engraft chicken embryos. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:31-41 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate the utility of the avian embryo as a convenient and reliable host to model the angiohematopoietic development of human embryonic, or other early stem cells. ..
- Chen B, Coon T, Glasser J, Mallampalli R. Calmodulin antagonizes a calcium-activated SCF ubiquitin E3 ligase subunit, FBXL2, to regulate surfactant homeostasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1905-20 pubmed publisher..The results provide a unique model of calcium-regulated intermolecular competition between an E3 ligase subunit and an antagonist that is critically relevant to pneumonia and lipid homeostasis. ..
- Koldamova R, Lefterov I, DiSabella M, Lazo J. An evolutionarily conserved cysteine protease, human bleomycin hydrolase, binds to the human homologue of ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 9. Mol Pharmacol. 1998;54:954-61 pubmed..This is the first reported heteromeric interaction with hBH, and it suggests a role for hBH in intracellular protein processing and degradation. ..
- Jin J, Sturgeon T, Chen C, Watkins S, Weisz O, Montelaro R. Distinct intracellular trafficking of equine infectious anemia virus and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag during viral assembly and budding revealed by bimolecular fluorescence complementation assays. J Virol. 2007;81:11226-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that lentivirus assembly and budding are regulated by the RNA nuclear export pathway and that alternative cellular pathways can be adapted for lentiviral Gag assembly and budding...
- Dembowski J, Grabowski P. The CUGBP2 splicing factor regulates an ensemble of branchpoints from perimeter binding sites with implications for autoregulation. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000595 pubmed publisher..The perimeter-binding model explains how CUGBP2 can effectively embrace the branch site region to achieve the specificity needed for the selection of exon targets and the fine-tuning of alternative splicing patterns. ..
- Borowczyk E, Mohan K, D Aiuto L, Cirio M, Chaillet J. Identification of a region of the DNMT1 methyltransferase that regulates the maintenance of genomic imprints. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20806-11 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DNMT1 participates in epigenetic reprogramming through its ability to distinguish different categories of methylated sequences. ..
- Bolinger C, Zasadil L, Rizaldy R, Hildebrand J. Specific isoforms of drosophila shroom define spatial requirements for the induction of apical constriction. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2078-93 pubmed publisher..We further hypothesize that differentially positioned contractile arrays have distinct effects on cellular morphologies and behaviors. ..
- Zahid M, Phillips B, Albers S, Giannoukakis N, Watkins S, Robbins P. Identification of a cardiac specific protein transduction domain by in vivo biopanning using a M13 phage peptide display library in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12252 pubmed publisher..In order to identify peptide(s) able to transduce heart tissue, biopanning was performed in cell culture and in vivo with a M13 phage peptide display library...
- Berhane H, Epperly M, Goff J, Kalash R, Cao S, Franicola D, et al. Radiologic differences between bone marrow stromal and hematopoietic progenitor cell lines from Fanconi Anemia (Fancd2(-/-)) mice. Radiat Res. 2014;181:76-89 pubmed publisher..The absence of the mouse Fancd2 gene product confers radiosensitivity to bone marrow stromal but not hematopoietic progenitor cells. ..
- Janjic B, Andrade P, Wang X, Fourcade J, Almunia C, Kudela P, et al. Spontaneous CD4+ T cell responses against TRAG-3 in patients with melanoma and breast cancers. J Immunol. 2006;177:2717-27 pubmed..Because of its immunodominance, peptide TRAG-3(34-48) is of particular interest for the monitoring of spontaneous immune responses in patients with TRAG-3-expressing tumors and for the development of cancer vaccines. ..
- Li F, Chen C, Puffer B, Montelaro R. Functional replacement and positional dependence of homologous and heterologous L domains in equine infectious anemia virus replication. J Virol. 2002;76:1569-77 pubmed
- Zhu J, Kulich S, Oury T, Chu C. Cytoplasmic aggregates of phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases in Lewy body diseases. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:2087-98 pubmed..Moreover, granular cytoplasmic P-ERK was associated with alterations in the distribution of downstream targets such as P-RSK1, but not of P-Elk-1, suggesting functional diversion of ERK-signaling pathways in Lewy body diseases. ..
- Zhang X, Liu Y. Suppression of HGF receptor gene expression by oxidative stress is mediated through the interplay between Sp1 and Egr-1. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F1216-25 pubmed..Our findings reveal a novel transcriptional regulatory mechanism by which Egr-1 sequesters Sp1 as a transcriptional activator of c-met via physical interaction. ..
- Iwabu A, Smith K, Allen F, Lauffenburger D, Wells A. Epidermal growth factor induces fibroblast contractility and motility via a protein kinase C delta-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14551-60 pubmed..Hence, we identify here a new pathway helping to govern cell motility, with PLC signaling playing a role in activation of PKCdelta to promote the acute phase of EGF-induced MLC activation. ..
- Ghanem L, Steinman R. p21Waf1 inhibits granulocytic differentiation of 32Dcl3 cells. Leuk Res. 2006;30:1285-92 pubmed
- Coyle C, Philips B, Morrisroe S, Chancellor M, Yoshimura N. Antioxidant effects of green tea and its polyphenols on bladder cells. Life Sci. 2008;83:12-8 pubmed publisher..and potentially, direct H2O2 mechanisms, suggesting that green tea polyphenols can protect against oxidative stress/damage and bladder cell death. ..
- Shen K, Krakora S, Cunningham M, Singh M, Wang X, Hu F, et al. Medical treatment of craniosynostosis: recombinant Noggin inhibits coronal suture closure in the rat craniosynostosis model. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2009;12:254-62 pubmed publisher..Topical application of rhNoggin protein prevents craniosynostosis in the weanling nude rat xenotransplantation model of syndromic craniosynostosis...
- Shao H, Wu C, Wells A. Phosphorylation of alpha-actinin 4 upon epidermal growth factor exposure regulates its interaction with actin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2591-600 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EGF regulates the actin binding activity of ACTN4 by inducing tyrosyl-directed phosphorylation. ..
- Erazo A, Yee M, Banfield B, Kinchington P. The alphaherpesvirus US3/ORF66 protein kinases direct phosphorylation of the nuclear matrix protein matrin 3. J Virol. 2011;85:568-81 pubmed publisher..This work identifies phosphorylation of the nuclear matrix protein matrin 3 as a new conserved target of this kinase group. ..
- Rbaibi Y, Cui S, Mo D, Carattino M, Rohatgi R, Satlin L, et al. OCRL1 modulates cilia length in renal epithelial cells. Traffic. 2012;13:1295-305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a new role for OCRL1 in renal epithelial cell function that could contribute to the pathogenesis of Lowe syndrome. ..
- Zou C, Chen Y, Smith R, Snavely C, Li J, Coon T, et al. SCF(Fbxw15) mediates histone acetyltransferase binding to origin recognition complex (HBO1) ubiquitin-proteasomal degradation to regulate cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6306-16 pubmed publisher..These studies authenticate Fbxw15 as a ubiquitin E3 ligase subunit that mediates endotoxin-induced HBO1 depletion in cells, thereby controlling cell replicative capacity. ..
- Guo L, Stripay J, Zhang X, Collage R, Hulver M, Carchman E, et al. CaMKI? regulates AMP kinase-dependent, TORC-1-independent autophagy during lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung neutrophilic inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;190:3620-8 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms appear to be operant in vivo in orchestrating LPS-induced lung neutrophil recruitment and inflammation. ..
- Sun C, Gardner C, Watson A, Ryman K, Klimstra W. Stable, high-level expression of reporter proteins from improved alphavirus expression vectors to track replication and dissemination during encephalitic and arthritogenic disease. J Virol. 2014;88:2035-46 pubmed publisher..In contrast, expression of larger reporters is very rapidly lost with virus replication and can be significantly attenuating. The utility of NanoLuc for in vivo imaging is also demonstrated. ..
- Jones H, Hamilton K, Papworth G, Syme C, Watkins S, Bradbury N, et al. Role of the NH2 terminus in the assembly and trafficking of the intermediate conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channel hIK1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15531-40 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrate that the NH(2) terminus of hIK1 contains overlapping leucine zipper and dileucine motifs essential for channel assembly and trafficking to the plasma membrane. ..
- Wang K, Wara aswapati N, Boch J, Yoshida Y, Hu C, Galson D, et al. TRAF6 activation of PI 3-kinase-dependent cytoskeletal changes is cooperative with Ras and is mediated by an interaction with cytoplasmic Src. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1579-91 pubmed..Although a key factor in TRAF6-dependent activation of PI 3-kinase, ectopic expression of Src was insufficient for NF-kappaB activation and, in contrast to NF-kappaB, was not inhibited by IRAK2. ..
- Xia J, Dai C, Michalopoulos G, Liu Y. Hepatocyte growth factor attenuates liver fibrosis induced by bile duct ligation. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1500-12 pubmed..HGF abolished the phenotypic conversion of biliary epithelial cells induced by TGF-beta1. These results suggest that HGF ameliorates hepatic biliary fibrosis in part by blocking bile duct epithelial to mesenchymal transition. ..
- O Hara K, Vaghjiani R, Nemec A, Klei L, Barchowsky A. Cr(VI)-stimulated STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear translocation in human airway epithelial cells requires Lck. Biochem J. 2007;402:261-9 pubmed..The results suggest that Cr(VI) activates epithelial cell Lck to signal for prolonged STAT3 activation and transactivation of IL-6, an important immunomodulator of lung disease progression. ..
- Guerriero C, Weisz O. N-WASP inhibitor wiskostatin nonselectively perturbs membrane transport by decreasing cellular ATP levels. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1562-6 pubmed..Our data caution against the use of this drug as a selective perturbant of N-WASP-dependent actin dynamics in vivo. ..
- Mueller G, Kashlan O, Bruns J, Maarouf A, Aridor M, Kleyman T, et al. Epithelial sodium channel exit from the endoplasmic reticulum is regulated by a signal within the carboxyl cytoplasmic domain of the alpha subunit. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33475-83 pubmed..These data indicate that ER exit of ENaC is regulated by a signal within the alpha subunit carboxyl cytoplasmic tail. ..
- McComb J, Ranganathan M, Liu X, Pilewski J, Ray P, Watkins S, et al. CX3CL1 up-regulation is associated with recruitment of CX3CR1+ mononuclear phagocytes and T lymphocytes in the lungs during cigarette smoke-induced emphysema. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:949-61 pubmed publisher..We suggest that one function of the CX3CR1-CX3CL1 pathway is to recruit and sustain divergent immune cell populations implicated in the pathogenesis of cigarette smoke-induced emphysema. ..
- Wright C, Seguin S, Fewell S, Zhang H, Ishwad C, Vats A, et al. Inhibition of Simian Virus 40 replication by targeting the molecular chaperone function and ATPase activity of T antigen. Virus Res. 2009;141:71-80 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that pharmacological inhibition of TAg's chaperone and ATPase activities may provide a route to combat polyomavirus-mediated disease...
- Horzempa J, Shanks R, Brown M, Russo B, O Dee D, Nau G. Utilization of an unstable plasmid and the I-SceI endonuclease to generate routine markerless deletion mutants in Francisella tularensis. J Microbiol Methods. 2010;80:106-8 pubmed publisher..For counterselection, we adapted a strategy using I-SceI, which causes a double-stranded break in the integrated suicide vector, forcing a second recombination to mediate allelic replacement. ..
- Balut C, Gao Y, Murray S, Thibodeau P, Devor D. ESCRT-dependent targeting of plasma membrane localized KCa3.1 to the lysosomes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C1015-27 pubmed publisher..1 degradation, compared with wild-type controls. These results are the first to demonstrate that plasma membrane-associated KCa3.1 is targeted for lysosomal degradation via a Rab7 and ESCRT-dependent pathway. ..
- Radzio J, Sluis Cremer N. Subunit-specific mutational analysis of residue N348 in HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. Retrovirology. 2011;8:69 pubmed publisher..Nevirapine resistance was also largely due to the mutation present in the p51 subunit of RT. This study demonstrates that N348I-mediated AZT and nevirapine resistance is due to the mutation in the p51 subunit of RT. ..
- Adamik J, Henkel M, Ray A, Auron P, Duerr R, Barrie A. The IL17A and IL17F loci have divergent histone modifications and are differentially regulated by prostaglandin E2 in Th17 cells. Cytokine. 2013;64:404-12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the chromatin for IL17A and IL17F are distinctly regulated, which may play an important role in mucosal health and disease. ..
- Dearth C, Slivka P, Stewart S, Keane T, Tay J, Londono R, et al. Inhibition of COX1/2 alters the host response and reduces ECM scaffold mediated constructive tissue remodeling in a rodent model of skeletal muscle injury. Acta Biomater. 2016;31:50-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, the decision to prescribe NSAIDs to manage the symptoms of inflammation post-ECM scaffold implantation should be carefully considered. ..
- Empey K, Orend J, Peebles R, Egaña L, Norris K, Oury T, et al. Stimulation of immature lung macrophages with intranasal interferon gamma in a novel neonatal mouse model of respiratory syncytial virus infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40499 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that the neonatal AM response to RSV infection is abundant and immature, but can be exogenously stimulated to express the antimicrobial phenotype, CAM, with i.n. rIFN?. ..
- Vernekar S, Tang J, Wu B, Huber A, Casey M, Myshakina N, et al. Double-Winged 3-Hydroxypyrimidine-2,4-diones: Potent and Selective Inhibition against HIV-1 RNase H with Significant Antiviral Activity. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5045-5056 pubmed publisher..Our current medicinal chemistry data also revealed that the RNase H biochemical inhibition largely correlated the antiviral activity. ..
- Tourkova I, Liu L, Sutjarit N, Larrouture Q, Luo J, Robinson L, et al. Adrenocorticotropic hormone and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 enhance human osteogenesis in vitro by synergistically accelerating the expression of bone-specific genes. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1072-1083 pubmed publisher..Our results point to the importance of ACTH in bone maintenance and that extra skeletal (renal) 1,25(OH)2D is required for bone mineralization despite 1?-hydroxylase expression by osteoblasts...
- Pischke S, Zhou Z, Song R, Ning W, Alam J, Ryter S, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway mediates heme oxygenase-1 regulation by lipopolysaccharide. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2005;51:461-70 pubmed..We demonstrate, to our knowledge for the first time, that upon proinflammatory stimulation heme oxygenase-1 gene expression in macrophages depends on PI3K/Akt and p38 MAPK acting upstream of Nrf2-dependent promoter activation. ..
- Guo Z, Shao L, Feng X, Reid K, Marderstein E, Nakao A, et al. A critical role for C/EBPbeta binding to the AABS promoter response element in the human iNOS gene. FASEB J. 2003;17:1718-20 pubmed..Further, C/EBPbeta binding to AABS functions as a "switchpoint" that is necessary for cytokine-inducible hiNOS gene expression in all cell types examined. ..
- Steele C, Marrero L, Swain S, Harmsen A, Zheng M, Brown G, et al. Alveolar macrophage-mediated killing of Pneumocystis carinii f. sp. muris involves molecular recognition by the Dectin-1 beta-glucan receptor. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1677-88 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that nonopsonic phagocytosis and subsequent killing of P. carinii by alveolar macrophages is dependent upon recognition by the Dectin-1 beta-glucan receptor...
- Chen J, Lu G, Wang Q. Protein kinase C-independent effects of protein kinase D3 in glucose transport in L6 myotubes. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:152-62 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that PKD, specifically PKD3, directly contributes to insulin-independent basal glucose uptake in L6 skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Yang J, Dai C, Liu Y. A novel mechanism by which hepatocyte growth factor blocks tubular epithelial to mesenchymal transition. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:68-78 pubmed
- Han J, Goldstein L, Gastman B, Rabinowich H. Interrelated roles for Mcl-1 and BIM in regulation of TRAIL-mediated mitochondrial apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10153-63 pubmed..They also suggest that Mcl-1 may serve as a direct substrate for TRAIL-activated caspases implying the existence of a novel TRAIL/caspase-8/Mcl-1/Bim communication mechanism between the extrinsic and the intrinsic apoptotic pathways. ..
- Pan P, Cardinal J, Dhupar R, Rosengart M, Lotze M, Geller D, et al. Low-dose cisplatin administration in murine cecal ligation and puncture prevents the systemic release of HMGB1 and attenuates lethality. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:625-32 pubmed publisher..Platinating agents in general and Cis specifically may be a novel approach to the treatment of sepsis. ..
- Rajagopalan M, Gupta K, Epperly M, Franicola D, Zhang X, Wang H, et al. The mitochondria-targeted nitroxide JP4-039 augments potentially lethal irradiation damage repair. In Vivo. 2009;23:717-26 pubmed..These results establish a potential role of mitochondria-targeted nitroxide drugs as mitigators of radiation damage to quiescent cells including stem cells. ..
- Li W, Wu S, Ahmad M, Jiang J, Liu H, Nagayama T, et al. The cyclooxygenase site, but not the peroxidase site of cyclooxygenase-2 is required for neurotoxicity in hypoxic and ischemic injury. J Neurochem. 2010;113:965-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the cyclooxygenase activity of COX-2 is necessary to exacerbate neuronal hypoxia/ischemia injury rather than the peroxidase activity of the enzyme. ..
- Zou C, Ellis B, Smith R, Chen B, Zhao Y, Mallampalli R. Acyl-CoA:lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase I (Lpcat1) catalyzes histone protein O-palmitoylation to regulate mRNA synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28019-25 pubmed publisher..This epigenetic modification regulates global gene transcriptional activity. ..
- Liu J, Li Y, Lin B, Sheng Y, Yang L. HBL1 Is a Human Long Noncoding RNA that Modulates Cardiomyocyte Development from Pluripotent Stem Cells by Counteracting MIR1. Dev Cell. 2017;42:333-348.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, HBL1 plays a modulatory role in fine-tuning human-specific cardiomyocyte development by forming a regulatory network with SOX2 and MIR1. ..
- Zhao Y, DiFrancesca D, Wang X, Zarnegar R, Michalopoulos G, Yin X. Promotion of Fas-mediated apoptosis in Type II cells by high doses of hepatocyte growth factor bypasses the mitochondrial requirement. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:556-63 pubmed..These findings indicate that high doses of HGF could be used to promote apoptosis in Type II cells bypassing the requirement for mitochondria activation. ..
- Zhu Z, Yu Y, Shi Y, Nelson J, Luo J. CSR1 induces cell death through inactivation of CPSF3. Oncogene. 2009;28:41-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, CSR1 appears to induce cell death through a novel mechanism by hijacking a critical RNA processing enzyme. ..
- Groeger A, Cipollina C, Cole M, Woodcock S, Bonacci G, Rudolph T, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 generates anti-inflammatory mediators from omega-3 fatty acids. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:433-41 pubmed publisher..These data support the idea that EFOX are signaling mediators that transduce the beneficial clinical effects of omega-3 fatty acids, COX-2 and aspirin. ..
- Zhao J, He D, Berdyshev E, Zhong M, Salgia R, Morris A, et al. Autotaxin induces lung epithelial cell migration through lysoPLD activity-dependent and -independent pathways. Biochem J. 2011;439:45-55 pubmed publisher..In addition we also demonstrated association of ATX with the epithelial cell-surface LPA receptor and integrin ?4. ..
- Daghestani H, Zhu G, Johnston P, Shinde S, Brodsky J, Day B. Characterization of inhibitors of glucocorticoid receptor nuclear translocation: a model of cytoplasmic dynein-mediated cargo transport. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2012;10:46-60 pubmed publisher..Although the hits from the cell-based screen of the LOPAC-1280 collection did not exhibit this desired profile, this screening platform provided a promising phenotypic system for the discovery of dynein/HSP modulators. ..
- Ferenczy M, DeLuca N. Epigenetic modulation of gene expression from quiescent herpes simplex virus genomes. J Virol. 2009;83:8514-24 pubmed publisher..The extents to which these different mechanisms contribute to repression vary in different cell types and are counteracted by the presence of ICP0...
- Yang L, Sun L, Teng Y, Chen H, Gao Y, Levine A, et al. Tankyrase1-mediated poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of TRF1 maintains cell survival after telomeric DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:3906-3921 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal a novel role of TNKS1 in facilitating SSBR at damaged telomeres through PARylation of TRF1, thereby protecting genome stability and cell viability...
- Shao H, Lauffenburger D, Wells A. Tyro3 carboxyl terminal region confers stability and contains the autophosphorylation sites. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1074-1079 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the autophosphorylation sites of TAM RTK members are unique although they share high similarity in amino acids within their carboxyl kinase domain. ..
- Yamamoto M, Toya Y, Schwencke C, Lisanti M, Myers M, Ishikawa Y. Caveolin is an activator of insulin receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:26962-8 pubmed..Thus, we have identified a novel mechanism by which the insulin receptor is bound and activated by specific caveolin subtypes. Furthermore, these data define a new role for caveolin as an activator of signaling. ..
- Cetin S, Ford H, Sysko L, Agarwal C, Wang J, Neal M, et al. Endotoxin inhibits intestinal epithelial restitution through activation of Rho-GTPase and increased focal adhesions. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24592-600 pubmed..We therefore conclude that endotoxin inhibits enterocyte migration through a RhoA-dependent increase in focal adhesions and enhanced cell adhesiveness, which may participate in the impaired restitution observed in experimental NEC. ..
- Ghanem L, Steinman R. A proapoptotic function of p21 in differentiating granulocytes. Leuk Res. 2005;29:1315-23 pubmed..Our results also indicate there are distinct and opposing effects of p21 on monocytic and granulocytic survival. Aberrantly high levels of p21 may contribute to disease processes involving excessive apoptosis of granulocyte precursors. ..
- Brisson M, Foster C, Wipf P, Joo B, Tomko R, Nguyen T, et al. Independent mechanistic inhibition of cdc25 phosphatases by a natural product caulibugulone. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:184-92 pubmed..Thus, caulibugulone inhibition of cellular Cdc25A and B phosphatases occurred through at least two different mechanisms, leading to pronounced cell cycle arrest. ..
- Anand R, Dai S, Rippel C, Leaphart C, Qureshi F, Gribar S, et al. Activated macrophages inhibit enterocyte gap junctions via the release of nitric oxide. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G109-19 pubmed..These results implicate enterocyte gap junctions as a target of the NO-mediated effects of macrophages during intestinal inflammation, particularly where enterocyte migration is impaired. ..
- Emert Sedlak L, Kodama T, Lerner E, Dai W, Foster C, Day B, et al. Chemical library screens targeting an HIV-1 accessory factor/host cell kinase complex identify novel antiretroviral compounds. ACS Chem Biol. 2009;4:939-47 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that coupling noncatalytic HIV accessory factors with host cell target proteins addressable by high-throughput assays may afford new avenues for the discovery of anti-HIV agents. ..
- Sharlow E, Close D, Shun T, Leimgruber S, Reed R, Mustata G, et al. Identification of potent chemotypes targeting Leishmania major using a high-throughput, low-stringency, computationally enhanced, small molecule screen. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e540 pubmed publisher..These results authenticate that low stringency, large-scale compound screening combined with computational structure filtering can rapidly expand the chemotypes targeting in vitro and in vivo Leishmania growth and viability. ..
- Qu H, Tu Y, Shi X, Larjava H, Saleem M, Shattil S, et al. Kindlin-2 regulates podocyte adhesion and fibronectin matrix deposition through interactions with phosphoinositides and integrins. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:879-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal important functions of kindlin-2 in the regulation of podocyte-matrix adhesion and matrix deposition and shed new light on the mechanism whereby kindlin-2 functions in these processes. ..
- Kinlough C, Poland P, Gendler S, Mattila P, Mo D, Weisz O, et al. Core-glycosylated mucin-like repeats from MUC1 are an apical targeting signal. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39072-81 pubmed publisher..The cumulative data indicate that the core-glycosylated mucin-like repeats of MUC1 constitute an apical targeting signal. ..
- Jackson E, Gillespie D. Extracellular 2',3'-cAMP and 3',5'-cAMP stimulate proliferation of preglomerular vascular endothelial cells and renal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F954-62 pubmed publisher..Both extracellular 2',3'-cAMP and 3',5'-cAMP may help restore architecture of the preglomerular microcirculation and tubular system following kidney injury. ..
- Craigo J, Ezzelarab C, Cook S, Chong L, Horohov D, Issel C, et al. Envelope determinants of equine lentiviral vaccine protection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66093 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the importance of structural conformation for immunogens and emphasizes the need for antibody binding, not neutralizing, assays that correlate with vaccine protection. ..
- Wei J, Mialki R, Dong S, Khoo A, Mallampalli R, Zhao Y, et al. A new mechanism of RhoA ubiquitination and degradation: roles of SCF(FBXL19) E3 ligase and Erk2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:2757-2764 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence of an F-box protein targeting RhoA thereby modulating its cellular lifespan that impacts cell proliferation and cytoskeleton rearrangement. ..
- Dilley K, Nikolaitchik O, Galli A, Burdick R, LEVINE L, Li K, et al. Interactions between HIV-1 Gag and Viral RNA Genome Enhance Virion Assembly. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism used by HIV-1 to ensure genome packaging provides significant insights into viral assembly and replication. ..
- Draviam R, Wang B, Shand S, Xiao X, Watkins S. Alpha-sarcoglycan is recycled from the plasma membrane in the absence of sarcoglycan complex assembly. Traffic. 2006;7:793-810 pubmed..Furthermore, this data suggests that alpha-SG utilizes known trafficking machinery to control deposition at the plasma membrane through recycling. ..
- Weng Z, Signore A, Gao Y, Wang S, Zhang F, Hastings T, et al. Leptin protects against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopaminergic cell death via mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34479-91 pubmed..Collectively, these data provide evidence that leptin prevents the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons by 6-OHDA and may prove useful in the treatment of Parkinson disease. ..
- Kamagate A, Dong H. FoxO1 integrates insulin signaling to VLDL production. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3162-70 pubmed
- Seol D, Billiar T. A caspase-9 variant missing the catalytic site is an endogenous inhibitor of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:2072-6 pubmed..Coexpression of caspase-9 and caspase-9S mRNA was identified in various cell lines. Thus, caspase-9S acts as a dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9 activation, at least in part, by blocking Apaf-1-caspase-9 interaction. ..
- Sun F, Hug M, Bradbury N, Frizzell R. Protein kinase A associates with cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator via an interaction with ezrin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14360-6 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that PKA II is linked physically and functionally to CFTR by an AKAP interaction, and they suggest that ezrin serves as an AKAP for PKA-mediated phosphorylation of CFTR. ..
- Hallows K, Alzamora R, Li H, Gong F, Smolak C, Neumann D, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase inhibits alkaline pH- and PKA-induced apical vacuolar H+-ATPase accumulation in epididymal clear cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C672-81 pubmed publisher..V-ATPase activity may be coupled to the sensing of acid-base status via PKA and to metabolic status via AMPK. ..
- Jelezcova E, Trivedi R, Wang X, Tang J, Brown A, Goellner E, et al. Parp1 activation in mouse embryonic fibroblasts promotes Pol beta-dependent cellular hypersensitivity to alkylation damage. Mutat Res. 2010;686:57-67 pubmed publisher..Parp1 may therefore function in BER as a tumor suppressor by initiating cell death and preventing the accumulation of cells with chromosomal damage due to a BER defect. ..
- Matei E, Zheng A, Furey W, Rose J, Aiken C, Gronenborn A. Anti-HIV activity of defective cyanovirin-N mutants is restored by dimerization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13057-65 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate unequivocally that multisite binding by CV-N type lectins is necessary for viral inhibition. ..
- Bernard M, Kim H, Berhane H, Epperly M, Franicola D, Zhang X, et al. GS-nitroxide (JP4-039)-mediated radioprotection of human Fanconi anemia cell lines. Radiat Res. 2011;176:603-12 pubmed..Tempol increased the toxicity of MMC in FancD2(-/-) cells. These data provide support for the potential clinical use of JP4-039 for normal tissue radioprotection during chemoradiotherapy in FA patients. ..
- Zhang L, Cardinal J, Bahar R, Evankovich J, Huang H, Nace G, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 regulates the autophagic response in LPS-stimulated macrophages through nitric oxide. Mol Med. 2012;18:201-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose a novel role for IRF-1 and NO in the regulation of macrophage autophagy during LPS stimulation in which IRF-1/NO inhibits autophagy through mTOR activation. ..
- Gamper A, Choi S, Matsumoto Y, Banerjee D, Tomkinson A, Bakkenist C. ATM protein physically and functionally interacts with proliferating cell nuclear antigen to regulate DNA synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12445-54 pubmed publisher..ATM was observed to stimulate DNA polymerase activity in a PCNA-dependent manner. ..