Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: cell cycle proteins
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Yoon A, Peng G, Brandenburger Y, Brandenburg Y, Zollo O, Xu W, et al. Impaired control of IRES-mediated translation in X-linked dyskeratosis congenita. Science. 2006;312:902-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Dkc1(m) ribosomes were unable to direct translation from IRES elements present in viral messenger RNAs. These findings reveal a potential mechanism by which defective ribosome activity leads to disease and cancer...
- Xie P, Streu C, Qin J, Bregman H, Pagano N, Meggers E, et al. The crystal structure of BRAF in complex with an organoruthenium inhibitor reveals a mechanism for inhibition of an active form of BRAF kinase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5187-98 pubmed publisher..The structure of CS292 bound to the active form of the BRAF kinase also provides a novel scaffold for the design of BRAF(V600E) oncogene selective BRAF inhibitors for therapeutic application. ..
- Chavez A, Agrawal V, Johnson F. Homologous recombination-dependent rescue of deficiency in the structural maintenance of chromosomes (Smc) 5/6 complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5119-25 pubmed publisher..These data as a whole highlight a role for Smc5/6 and Sgs1 in the resolution of Mph1-dependent HR intermediates. ..
- Clevenger C, Ngo W, Sokol D, Luger S, Gewirtz A. Vav is necessary for prolactin-stimulated proliferation and is translocated into the nucleus of a T-cell line. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13246-53 pubmed..Thus, Vav may utilize two independent mechanisms in T-cells, namely the activation of an associated GEF and direct nuclear internalization, to mediate PRLr signaling. ..
- Amanullah A, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Deregulated E2F-1 blocks terminal differentiation and loss of leukemogenicity of M1 myeloblastic leukemia cells without abrogating induction of p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A). Blood. 2000;96:475-82 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:475-482) ..
- Zhang Y, Lindblom T, Chang A, Sudol M, Sluder A, Golemis E. Evidence that dim1 associates with proteins involved in pre-mRNA splicing, and delineation of residues essential for dim1 interactions with hnRNP F and Npw38/PQBP-1. Gene. 2000;257:33-43 pubmed..These results parallel the arrest phenotypes associated with global disruption of zygotic gene expression, suggesting that Dim1 proteins maintain an essential function in gene expression in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Hall C, Nelson D, Ye X, Baker K, DeCaprio J, Seeholzer S, et al. HIRA, the human homologue of yeast Hir1p and Hir2p, is a novel cyclin-cdk2 substrate whose expression blocks S-phase progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1854-65 pubmed..Finally, ectopic expression of HIRA in cells caused arrest in S phase and this is consistent with the notion that it is a cyclin-cdk2 substrate that has a role in control of the cell cycle. ..
- Hakimi M, Bochar D, Schmiesing J, Dong Y, Barak O, Speicher D, et al. A chromatin remodelling complex that loads cohesin onto human chromosomes. Nature. 2002;418:994-8 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence pointing to a role for the ATPase activity of SNF2h in the loading of hRAD21 on chromatin. ..
- Daniel R, Marusich E, Argyris E, Zhao R, Skalka A, Pomerantz R. Caffeine inhibits human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transduction of nondividing cells. J Virol. 2005;79:2058-65 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that the effect(s) of caffeine on HIV-1 transduction is mediated at least partly by the inhibition of the ATR pathway but is not dependent on the caffeine-mediated inhibition of cell cycle checkpoints. ..
- Maude S, Enders G. Cdk inhibition in human cells compromises chk1 function and activates a DNA damage response. Cancer Res. 2005;65:780-6 pubmed..These results define a pathway through which Cdk inhibition can mediate DNA damage and potentially enhance the efficacy of extant cancer chemotherapies. ..
- Mack F, Patel J, Biju M, Haase V, Simon M. Decreased growth of Vhl-/- fibrosarcomas is associated with elevated levels of cyclin kinase inhibitors p21 and p27. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4565-78 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a loss of pVHL can induce growth arrest in certain cells types, which suggests that additional genetic mutations are necessary for VHL-associated tumorigenesis. ..
- Reindle A, Belichenko I, Bylebyl G, Chen X, Gandhi N, Johnson E. Multiple domains in Siz SUMO ligases contribute to substrate selectivity. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4749-57 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that local concentration of the E3, rather than a single direct interaction with the substrate polypeptide, is the major factor in substrate selectivity by Siz proteins. ..
- Moore M, Shin M, Bruning A, Schindler K, Vershon A, Winter E. Arg-Pro-X-Ser/Thr is a consensus phosphoacceptor sequence for the meiosis-specific Ime2 protein kinase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemistry. 2007;46:271-8 pubmed..This information has predictive value in identifying new potential Ime2 targets as shown by the ability of Ime2 to phosphorylate Sgs1 and Gip1 in vitro and could be important in differentiating mitotic and meiotic regulatory pathways. ..
- Rhodes J, Amsterdam A, Sanda T, Moreau L, McKenna K, Heinrichs S, et al. Emi1 maintains genomic integrity during zebrafish embryogenesis and cooperates with p53 in tumor suppression. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5911-22 pubmed publisher..Our results cast Emi1 as a critical regulator of genomic fidelity during embryogenesis and suggest that the factor may act as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Liu J, Baynam G. Cornelia de Lange syndrome. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;685:111-23 pubmed..Here, we will discuss the biology ofcohesin and its associated factors, with emphasis on the clinical manifestations of CdLS and mechanistic studies of the CdLS related proteins. ..
- Chiang T, Schultz R, Lampson M. Age-dependent susceptibility of chromosome cohesion to premature separase activation in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:1279-83 pubmed publisher..With the continual loss of cohesins from chromosomes that occurs throughout the natural reproductive lifespan, tight regulation of separase in oocytes may be particularly important to maintain cohesion and prevent aneuploidy. ..
- Masciullo V, Ferrandina G, Pucci B, Fanfani F, Lovergine S, Palazzo J, et al. p27Kip1 expression is associated with clinical outcome in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: multivariate analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:4816-22 pubmed..p27 immunoreactivity can be used to predict progression of disease and survival in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer and therefore may represent a new prognostic marker. ..
- Anger M, Klima J, Kubelka M, Prochazka R, Motlik J, Schultz R. Timing of Plk1 and MPF activation during porcine oocyte maturation. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;69:11-6 pubmed..We find that Plk1 is activated before MPF, which is consistent with its role in activating MPF in mammalian oocytes. ..
- May N, Thomer M, Murnen K, Calvi B. Levels of the origin-binding protein Double parked and its inhibitor Geminin increase in response to replication stress. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4207-17 pubmed..We propose that, in cycling cells, Dup destruction is coupled to DNA replication and that increased levels of Gem balance elevated Dup levels to prevent pre-RC reformation when Dup degradation fails. ..
- Tang Y, Poustovoitov M, Zhao K, Garfinkel M, Canutescu A, Dunbrack R, et al. Structure of a human ASF1a-HIRA complex and insights into specificity of histone chaperone complex assembly. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:921-9 pubmed..Together, these studies begin to define the molecular determinants of assembly of functionally diverse macromolecular histone chaperone complexes. ..
- Alawi F, Lin P. Dyskerin is required for tumor cell growth through mechanisms that are independent of its role in telomerase and only partially related to its function in precursor rRNA processing. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:334-45 pubmed publisher..These data also reinforce the notion that loss and gain of dyskerin function may play important roles in tumorigenesis. ..
- Bowen J, Hwang D, Bai X, Roy D, Spiliotis E. Septin GTPases spatially guide microtubule organization and plus end dynamics in polarizing epithelia. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:187-97 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that septins provide the directional guidance cues necessary for polarizing the epithelial MT network. ..
- Mochan T, Venere M, DiTullio R, Halazonetis T. 53BP1 and NFBD1/MDC1-Nbs1 function in parallel interacting pathways activating ataxia-telangiectasia mutated (ATM) in response to DNA damage. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8586-91 pubmed..We conclude that DNA DSBs activate ATM through at least two independent pathways involving 53BP1 and NFBD1/MDC1-Nbs1, respectively. ..
- Strachan G, Kopp A, Koike M, Morgan K, Jordan Sciutto K. Chemokine- and neurotrophic factor-induced changes in E2F1 localization and phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (pRb) occur by distinct mechanisms in murine cortical cultures. Exp Neurol. 2005;193:455-68 pubmed
- Liu S, Rattner J, Jablonski S, Yen T. Mapping the assembly pathways that specify formation of the trilaminar kinetochore plates in human cells. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:41-53 pubmed..We elaborate on a previous model that suggested kinetochores are assembled from repetitive modules (Zinkowski, R.P., J. Meyne, and B.R. Brinkley. 1991. J. Cell Biol. 113:1091-110). ..
- Saliba R, Pangalos M, Moss S. The ubiquitin-like protein Plic-1 enhances the membrane insertion of GABAA receptors by increasing their stability within the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18538-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, Plic-1 may play a significant role in regulating the strength of synaptic inhibition by increasing the stability of GABA(A)Rs within the secretory pathway and thereby promoting their insertion into the neuronal plasma membrane. ..
- Harada H, Nakagawa H, Takaoka M, Lee J, Herlyn M, Diehl J, et al. Cleavage of MCM2 licensing protein fosters senescence in human keratinocytes. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3534-8 pubmed..The absence of multiple MCM2 transcripts implied a possible posttranslational molecular cleavage in generation of the MCM2-related fragment, and a potential functional role in the regulation of the activity of the MCM protein complex. ..
- Li S, Baserga R. Epidermal growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor regulate the activity of the insulin-like growth factor I gene promoter. Exp Gerontol. 1996;31:195-206 pubmed..When the E2F binding sequence in the IGF-I promoter is mutated, the IGF-I promoter is constitutively active and no longer responds to the action of growth factors. ..
- Waterman M, Stavridi E, Waterman J, Halazonetis T. ATM-dependent activation of p53 involves dephosphorylation and association with 14-3-3 proteins. Nat Genet. 1998;19:175-8 pubmed..Consistent with the lack of p53 activation by IR in ataxia telangiectasia (AT; refs 14,15), neither Ser376 dephosphorylation, nor the interaction of p53 with 14-3-3 proteins occurred in AT cells. ..
- Schultz L, Chehab N, Malikzay A, Halazonetis T. p53 binding protein 1 (53BP1) is an early participant in the cellular response to DNA double-strand breaks. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1381-90 pubmed..Thus, the fast kinetics of 53BP1 focus formation after irradiation and the lack of dependency on ATM and NBS1 suggest that 53BP1 functions early in the cellular response to DNA DSBs. ..
- Zhou X, Wang X, Hu B, Guan J, Iliakis G, Wang Y. An ATM-independent S-phase checkpoint response involves CHK1 pathway. Cancer Res. 2002;62:1598-603 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the ATM-independent slow response of S-phase checkpoint involves CHK1 pathway. ..
- Stavridi E, Harris K, Huyen Y, Bothos J, Verwoerd P, Stayrook S, et al. Crystal structure of a human Mob1 protein: toward understanding Mob-regulated cell cycle pathways. Structure. 2003;11:1163-70 pubmed..Thus, Mob proteins may regulate their target kinases through electrostatic interactions mediated by conserved charged surfaces. ..
- Kennedy A, Ware J, Guan J, Donahue J, Biaglow J, Zhou Z, et al. Selenomethionine protects against adverse biological effects induced by space radiation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;36:259-66 pubmed
- Wang H, Wang H, Powell S, Iliakis G, Wang Y. ATR affecting cell radiosensitivity is dependent on homologous recombination repair but independent of nonhomologous end joining. Cancer Res. 2004;64:7139-43 pubmed..These results indicate that the effects of ATR on cell radiosensitivity are independent of NHEJ but are linked to HRR that may be affected by the deficient S and G(2) checkpoints. ..
- Summers M, Bothos J, Halazonetis T. The CHFR mitotic checkpoint protein delays cell cycle progression by excluding Cyclin B1 from the nucleus. Oncogene. 2005;24:2589-98 pubmed..We conclude that the mechanism by which CHFR delays chromosome condensation involves inhibition of accumulation of Cyclin B1 in the nucleus. ..
- Gumireddy K, Reddy M, Cosenza S, Boominathan R, Boomi Nathan R, Baker S, et al. ON01910, a non-ATP-competitive small molecule inhibitor of Plk1, is a potent anticancer agent. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:275-86 pubmed..ON01910 showed strong synergy with several chemotherapeutic agents, often inducing complete regression of tumors. ..
- Mitra J, Enders G, Azizkhan Clifford J, Lengel K. Dual regulation of the anaphase promoting complex in human cells by cyclin A-Cdk2 and cyclin A-Cdk1 complexes. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:661-6 pubmed..These results provide further evidence that cyclin A-Cdk2 and -Cdk1 complexes display overlapping and partially redundant roles in preparing cells for mitosis, through regulation of the APC. ..
- Krishnamoorthy T, Chen X, Govin J, Cheung W, Dorsey J, Schindler K, et al. Phosphorylation of histone H4 Ser1 regulates sporulation in yeast and is conserved in fly and mouse spermatogenesis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2580-92 pubmed..Thus, H4 S1ph may be an evolutionarily ancient histone modification to mark the genome for gamete-associated packaging. ..
- Yin B, Savic V, Bassing C. ATM prevents unattended DNA double strand breaks on site and in generations to come. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1837-9 pubmed..Collectively, these results have provided complementary mechanistic insights into ATM functions in V(D)J recombination that can account for the lymphoid tumor-prone phenotype associated with A-T. ..
- Liu J, Zhang Z, Bando M, Itoh T, Deardorff M, Clark D, et al. Transcriptional dysregulation in NIPBL and cohesin mutant human cells. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000119 pubmed publisher..However, the binding sites are enriched within the promoter regions of the dysregulated genes and are significantly decreased in CdLS proband, indicating an alternative role of cohesin as a transcription factor...
- Wang Z, Wang M, Kar S, Carr B. Involvement of ATM-mediated Chk1/2 and JNK kinase signaling activation in HKH40A-induced cell growth inhibition. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:213-20 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that binding of HKH40A to cellular DNA likely activates ATM kinase, which then induces parallel Chk 1/2 and JNK signaling pathways, leading to G2/M cell cycle block and apoptosis. ..
- Liu J, Krantz I. Cornelia de Lange syndrome, cohesin, and beyond. Clin Genet. 2009;76:303-14 pubmed publisher..Here, we will discuss the human disorders caused by alterations of cohesin function (termed 'cohesinopathies'), with an emphasis on the clinical manifestations of CdLS and mechanistic studies of the CdLS-related proteins...
- Oh Y, Chang K, Orlean P, Wloka C, Deshaies R, Bi E. Mitotic exit kinase Dbf2 directly phosphorylates chitin synthase Chs2 to regulate cytokinesis in budding yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2445-56 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a mechanism for direct cell cycle control of ECM remodeling during cytokinesis. ..
- Beishline K, Kelly C, Olofsson B, Koduri S, Emrich J, Greenberg R, et al. Sp1 facilitates DNA double-strand break repair through a nontranscriptional mechanism. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3790-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Sp1 is rapidly recruited to the region immediately adjacent to sites of DNA DSBs and is required for DSB repair, through a mechanism independent of its sequence-directed transcriptional effects. ..
- Geifman Holtzman O, Xiong Y, Holtzman E. Gadd45 stress sensors in preeclampsia. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;793:121-9 pubmed publisher..Activation of inflammatory/immune responses in preeclampsia may function in a feedback loop to maintain elevated expression of Gadd45a protein. ..
- Peng Y, Genin A, Spinner N, Diamond R, Taub R. The gene encoding human nuclear protein tyrosine phosphatase, PRL-1. Cloning, chromosomal localization, and identification of an intron enhancer. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17286-95 pubmed..The intron enhancer contributed significantly to PRL-1 promoter activity in HepG2 cells which contain PIEC but not to NIH 3T3 cells which do not. ..
- Jordan Sciutto K, Hall D. A mutant E2F-1 transcription factor that affects the phenotype of NIH3T3 fibroblasts inefficiency associates with cyclin A-cdk2. Biochem Cell Biol. 1998;76:37-44 pubmed..From these data it appears that E2F1 with reduced cyclin A-cdk2 binding activity mediates the alteration in cell cycle parameters seen in these cells. ..
- Reid R, Fiorani P, Sugawara M, Bjornsti M. CDC45 and DPB11 are required for processive DNA replication and resistance to DNA topoisomerase I-mediated DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11440-5 pubmed..These results provide a mechanistic basis for understanding the cellular processes involved in the resolution of DNA damage induced by camptothecin and DNA topoisomerase I. ..
- Luca F, Mody M, Kurischko C, Roof D, Giddings T, Winey M. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mob1p is required for cytokinesis and mitotic exit. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6972-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the MEN functions during the mitosis-to-G(1) transition to control cyclin-CDK inactivation and cytokinesis. ..
- Venkataramani R, Maclachlan T, Chai X, El Deiry W, Marmorstein R. Structure-based design of p18INK4c proteins with increased thermodynamic stability and cell cycle inhibitory activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48827-33 pubmed
- Wang X, Khadpe J, Hu B, Iliakis G, Wang Y. An overactivated ATR/CHK1 pathway is responsible for the prolonged G2 accumulation in irradiated AT cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30869-74 pubmed..These results link the activation of ATR/CHK1 with the prolonged G2 arrest in AT cells and show that activation of this G2 checkpoint contributes to the survival of AT cells. ..
- Thomer M, May N, Aggarwal B, Kwok G, Calvi B. Drosophila double-parked is sufficient to induce re-replication during development and is regulated by cyclin E/CDK2. Development. 2004;131:4807-18 pubmed..In the context of findings from human and other cells, our results indicate that stringent regulation of Dup protein is critical to protect genome integrity. ..
- Bugreev D, Golub E, Stasiak A, Stasiak A, Mazin A. Activation of human meiosis-specific recombinase Dmc1 by Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26886-95 pubmed..single-stranded DNA complexes. Our results demonstrate a universal role of Ca2+ in stimulation of mammalian DNA strand exchange proteins and reveal diversity in the mechanisms of this stimulation. ..
- Ghiselli G, Liu C. Global gene expression profiling of cells overexpressing SMC3. Mol Cancer. 2005;4:34 pubmed..The results lead to postulate that RhoB and CRE-BPa two known oncogenic mediators whose expression is significantly increased following SMC3 overexpression play a significant role in mediating SMC3 tumorigenesis. ..
- Gupta S, Gupta M, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Hematopoietic cells from gadd45a-deficient and gadd45b-deficient mice exhibit impaired stress responses to acute stimulation with cytokines, myeloablation and inflammation. Oncogene. 2006;25:5537-46 pubmed..These findings should aid in understanding the response of normal and malignant hematopoietic cells to physiological and chemical stressors including anticancer agents. ..
- Abdollahi A. LOT1 (ZAC1/PLAGL1) and its family members: mechanisms and functions. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:16-25 pubmed
- Ghiselli G. SMC3 knockdown triggers genomic instability and p53-dependent apoptosis in human and zebrafish cells. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:52 pubmed..Collectively the data support the view that SMC3 deficiency affects chromosomal stability leading to the activation of p53-dependent mitotic checkpoint. ..
- Salerno D, Tront J, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Gadd45a and Gadd45b modulate innate immune functions of granulocytes and macrophages by differential regulation of p38 and JNK signaling. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3613-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data highlight a novel role for both Gadd45a and Gadd45b in myeloid innate immune functions by differential modulation of p38 and JNK signaling in granulocytes compared to macrophages. ..
- Tang Y, Puri A, Ricketts M, Rai T, Hoffmann J, Hoi E, et al. Identification of an ubinuclein 1 region required for stability and function of the human HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complex. Biochemistry. 2012;51:2366-77 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies implicate the NHRD domain of UBN1 as being an essential region for HIRA interaction and chromatin organization by the HUCA complex. ..
- Mason M, Wanat J, Harper S, Schultz D, Speicher D, Johnson F, et al. Cdc13 OB2 dimerization required for productive Stn1 binding and efficient telomere maintenance. Structure. 2013;21:109-120 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that dimerization of the OB2 domain of Cdc13 is required for proper Cdc13, Stn1, Ten1 (CST) assembly and productive telomere capping. ..
- Steinel N, Lee B, Tubbs A, Bednarski J, Schulte E, Yang Iott K, et al. The ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase controls Ig? allelic exclusion by inhibiting secondary V?-to-J? rearrangements. J Exp Med. 2013;210:233-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that ATM kinases activated by RAG DSBs during Ig? recombination transduce transient H2AX/MDC1-independent signals that suppress initiation of further Ig? rearrangements to control Ig? allelic exclusion. ..
- Wang H, Shao N, Ding Q, Cui J, Reddy E, Rao V. BRCA1 proteins are transported to the nucleus in the absence of serum and splice variants BRCA1a, BRCA1b are tyrosine phosphoproteins that associate with E2F, cyclins and cyclin dependent kinases. Oncogene. 1997;15:143-57 pubmed
- Ghiselli G, Siracusa L, Iozzo R. Complete cDNA cloning, genomic organization, chromosomal assignment, functional characterization of the promoter, and expression of the murine Bamacan gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:17384-93 pubmed..These results suggest that bamacan is involved in the control of cell growth and transformation. ..
- Ghiselli G, Iozzo R. Overexpression of bamacan/SMC3 causes transformation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20235-8 pubmed..0002) and in a cohort of intestinal tumors from Apc-deficient Min/+ mice. These results support the concept that deregulated expression of bamacan/SMC3 is involved in cell transformation. ..
- Amanullah A, Liebermann D, Hoffman B. p53-independent apoptosis associated with c-Myc-mediated block in myeloid cell differentiation. Oncogene. 2000;19:2967-77 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into how myc participates in the neoplastic process, and how additional mutations can promote more aggressive tumors. Oncogene (2000) 19, 2967 - 2977 ..
- Cooper K, Mallory M, Egeland D, Jarnik M, Strich R. Ama1p is a meiosis-specific regulator of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:14548-53 pubmed..The requirement of Ama1p only for meiosis I and spore morphogenesis suggests a function for APC/C(Ama1) specifically adapted to germ cell development. ..
- Poux A, Cebrat M, Kim C, Cole P, Marmorstein R. Structure of the GCN5 histone acetyltransferase bound to a bisubstrate inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14065-70 pubmed..The structure also provides a structural scaffold for the design of HAT-specific inhibitors that may have therapeutic applications for the treatment of HAT-mediated cancers...
- Schnepp R, Hou Z, Wang H, Petersen C, Silva A, Masai H, et al. Functional interaction between tumor suppressor menin and activator of S-phase kinase. Cancer Res. 2004;64:6791-6 pubmed..Together, these findings demonstrate a functional link between menin and ASK in the regulation of cell proliferation. ..
- Hu B, Han S, Wang X, Ottey M, Potoczek M, Dicker A, et al. Involvement of the Fhit gene in the ionizing radiation-activated ATR/CHK1 pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:518-23 pubmed..These results also suggest the potential effects of Fhit-dependent DNA damage response on tumor progression. ..
- Darbinian N, White M, Gallia G, Amini S, Rappaport J, Khalili K. Interaction between the pura and E2F-1 transcription factors. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:2585-94 pubmed..The RNA species disrupted Pura/E2F-1 interaction and affected cell growth. E2F-1/Pura interaction has a role in the control of cell proliferation. ..
- Guo S, Hakimi M, Baillat D, Chen X, Farber M, Klein Szanto A, et al. Linking transcriptional elongation and messenger RNA export to metastatic breast cancers. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3011-6 pubmed..These results not only identify hTREX84 as a prognosticator of breast cancer but also delineate human TREX complex as a target for therapeutic drugs against breast cancer. ..
- Bell T, de la Casa Esperón E, Doherty H, Ideraabdullah F, Kim K, Wang Y, et al. The paternal gene of the DDK syndrome maps to the Schlafen gene cluster on mouse chromosome 11. Genetics. 2006;172:411-23 pubmed..Two diallelic SNPs, located in the Schlafen gene cluster, are completely predictive of the polar-lethal phenotype. These SNPs also predict the compatible or incompatible status of males of five additional strains. ..
- Leman A, Noguchi C, Lee C, Noguchi E. Human Timeless and Tipin stabilize replication forks and facilitate sister-chromatid cohesion. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:660-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Timeless-Tipin functions as a replication fork stabilizer that couples DNA replication with sister chromatid cohesion established at replication forks. ..
- Beltrami S, Kim R, Gordon J. Neurofibromatosis type 2 protein, NF2: an uncoventional cell cycle regulator. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:1-11 pubmed..Furthermore, through some of these pathways, NF2 may reverse the functional inhibition of conventional tumor suppressor pathways. Here we review mechanisms utilized by NF2 to regain control of the cell cycle. ..
- Kundu M, Guermah M, Roeder R, Amini S, Khalili K. Interaction between cell cycle regulator, E2F-1, and NF-kappaB mediates repression of HIV-1 gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29468-74 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that NF-kappaB activity may be regulated by its interaction with the cell cycle regulatory protein, E2F-1. ..
- Prosniak M, Dierov J, Okami K, Tilton B, Jameson B, Sawaya B, et al. A novel candidate oncogene, MCT-1, is involved in cell cycle progression. Cancer Res. 1998;58:4233-7 pubmed..Taken together, MCT-1 is a novel candidate oncogene with homology to a protein-protein binding domain of cyclin H. ..
- Erhardt J, Hynicka W, DiBenedetto A, Shen N, Stone N, Paulson H, et al. A novel F box protein, NFB42, is highly enriched in neurons and induces growth arrest. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:35222-7 pubmed..Overall, the expression pattern of NFB42, along with the presence of an F box domain and the ability to inhibit growth, suggests that it may play a role in maintaining neurons in a postmitotic state. ..
- Zhang Y, Gould K, Dunbrack RL J, Cheng H, Roder H, Golemis E. The evolutionarily conserved Dim1 protein defines a novel branch of the thioredoxin fold superfamily. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:109-18 pubmed..In sum, this study identifies the Dim1 proteins as a novel sixth branch of the thioredoxin superfamily involved in cell cycle...
- Campbell M, Chan G, Yen T. Mitotic checkpoint proteins HsMAD1 and HsMAD2 are associated with nuclear pore complexes in interphase. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:953-63 pubmed..The localization of HsMad1 to nuclear pore complexes suggests an alternate, non-mitotic role for the Mad1/Tax interaction in the viral transformation of cells. ..
- Zhou X, Wang X, Wang H, Chen D, Li G, Iliakis G, et al. Ku affects the ATM-dependent S phase checkpoint following ionizing radiation. Oncogene. 2002;21:6377-81 pubmed..These results in aggregate indicate that the stronger S checkpoint in irradiated Ku80(-/-) cells is due to the higher ATM kinase activity. ..
- Wang W, Takimoto R, Rastinejad F, El Deiry W. Stabilization of p53 by CP-31398 inhibits ubiquitination without altering phosphorylation at serine 15 or 20 or MDM2 binding. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2171-81 pubmed..Further understanding of this mechanism may lead to novel strategies for p53 stabilization and tumor suppression in cancers, even those with absent ARF or high MDM2 expression. ..
- Daniel R, Kao G, Taganov K, Greger J, Favorova O, Merkel G, et al. Evidence that the retroviral DNA integration process triggers an ATR-dependent DNA damage response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4778-83 pubmed..Components of the cellular DNA damage repair response may represent potential targets for antiretroviral drug development. ..
- Garriga J, Bhattacharya S, Calbo J, Marshall R, Truongcao M, Haines D, et al. CDK9 is constitutively expressed throughout the cell cycle, and its steady-state expression is independent of SKP2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5165-73 pubmed..Therefore, the SCF(SKP2) ubiquitin ligase does not regulate CDK9 expression in a cell cycle-dependent manner. ..
- Knight J, Robertson E. Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 3C regulates cyclin A/p27 complexes and enhances cyclin A-dependent kinase activity. J Virol. 2004;78:1981-91 pubmed
- Einarson M, Cukierman E, Compton D, Golemis E. Human enhancer of invasion-cluster, a coiled-coil protein required for passage through mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3957-71 pubmed..These results place HEI-C as a novel regulator of spindle function and integrity during the metaphase-anaphase transition. ..
- McDonald C, Cooper K, Winter E. The Ama1-directed anaphase-promoting complex regulates the Smk1 mitogen-activated protein kinase during meiosis in yeast. Genetics. 2005;171:901-11 pubmed..We propose that this novel mechanism for controlling MAPK activation plays a role in coupling the completion of meiosis II to gamete formation. ..