Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacterial infections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: bacterial infections
- Shearer W, Fleisher T, Buckley R, BALLAS Z, Ballow M, Blaese R, et al. Recommendations for live viral and bacterial vaccines in immunodeficient patients and their close contacts. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:961-6 pubmed publisher..The review also recommends a balance between the need to protect vulnerable subjects and their social needs to integrate into society, attend school, and benefit from peer education. ..
- Gerber J, Prasad P, Fiks A, Localio A, Grundmeier R, Bell L, et al. Effect of an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship intervention on broad-spectrum antibiotic prescribing by primary care pediatricians: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2013;309:2345-52 pubmed publisher..Future studies should examine the drivers of these effects, as well as the generalizability, sustainability, and clinical outcomes of outpatient antimicrobial stewardship. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01806103. ..
- Wesolowski J, Caldwell V, Paumet F. A novel function for SNAP29 (synaptosomal-associated protein of 29 kDa) in mast cell phagocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49886 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, these data are the first to demonstrate a novel function of SNAP29 in mast cell phagocytosis and have implications in protection against bacterial infection. ..
- Thakur M, Zhang K, Paudyal B, Devakumar D, Covarrubias M, Chen C, et al. Targeting apoptosis for optical imaging of infection. Mol Imaging Biol. 2012;14:163-71 pubmed publisher..This observation together with the excellent results and the continued development of versatile imaging devices could make optical imaging a simple, specific, and rapid modality for imaging infection. ..
- Zuckerman J, Qamar F, Bono B. Macrolides, ketolides, and glycylcyclines: azithromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, tigecycline. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2009;23:997-1026, ix-x pubmed publisher..Telithromycin is approved for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. Severe hepatotoxicity has been reported with the use of telithromycin. ..
- Bassiony M, Yang J, Abdel Monem T, Elmogy S, Elnagdy M. Exploration of ultrasonography in assessment of fascial space spread of odontogenic infections. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2009;107:861-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to explore the capability of ultrasonography (USG) as an alternative imaging modality to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in detection of fascial space spread of odontogenic infections...
- Alugupalli K. A distinct role for B1b lymphocytes in T cell-independent immunity. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2008;319:105-30 pubmed..Understanding the mechanisms of long-term immunity conferred by B1b cells may lead to improved vaccine efficacy for a variety of TI antigens. ..
- Zuckerman J. Macrolides and ketolides: azithromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2004;18:621-49, xi- pubmed..This article reviews the pharmacokinetics, antimicrobial activity, clinical use, and adverse effects of these antimicrobial agents. ..
- Song H, Guy T, Kaiser L, Shrager J. Current presentation and optimal surgical management of sternoclavicular joint infections. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002;73:427-31 pubmed..Infection of the stemoclavicular joint is unusual, and treatment of this entity has not been standardized. We sought to characterize the current presentation and optimal management of this disease...
- Sollecito T, DeRossi S, Stewart J, Ettlin D, Mowad C. Elephantiasis nostras of the lips: a case report. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1997;84:297-300 pubmed..A diagnosis of EN should be entertained in patients with chronically edematous, scaling lip lesions. ..
- Hodgson N, Gitlin L, Winter L, Czekanski K. Undiagnosed illness and neuropsychiatric behaviors in community residing older adults with dementia. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2011;25:109-15 pubmed publisher..67, P<0.05) than those without illness. Findings suggest that challenges of diagnosing acute illness with atypical presentation must be addressed to promote quality of care and the specialized needs for this vulnerable population. ..
- Ingolotti M, Kawalekar O, Shedlock D, Muthumani K, Weiner D. DNA vaccines for targeting bacterial infections. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2010;9:747-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, it provides an updated summary of the methods used to enhance immunogenicity from codon optimization and adjuvants to delivery techniques including electroporation and use of nanoparticles. ..
- Hancock W, Szaba F, Berggren K, Parent M, Mullarky I, Pearl J, et al. Intact type 1 immunity and immune-associated coagulative responses in mice lacking IFN gamma-inducible fibrinogen-like protein 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3005-10 pubmed..gondii infection and allograft rejection. Together, our findings suggest that Fgl2, although highly conserved and IFN gamma-inducible, is not a critical mediator of either type 1 immunity or immune-associated coagulant activity. ..
- Freedberg D, Kim L, Yang Y. The Risks and Benefits of Long-term Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors: Expert Review and Best Practice Advice From the American Gastroenterological Association. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:706-715 pubmed publisher..Best Practice Advice 10: Specific PPI formulations should not be selected based on potential risks. ..
- Yousem D, Chalian A. Oral cavity and pharynx. Radiol Clin North Am. 1998;36:967-81, vii pubmed..Staging of squamous-cell carcinomas must focus on deep invasion, spread to the brain, nerves, mandible, prevertebral muscle, and pre-epiglottic fat...