Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
- Hamel M, Kanyi D, Cipolle M, LOWE KRENTZ L. Active stress kinases in proliferating endothelial cells associated with cytoskeletal structures. Endothelium. 2006;13:157-70 pubmed
- Hu S, Lu S, Kaplan J, Adams M, Simon N. ERbeta protein expression in female cynomolgus monkey and CF-1 mouse brain: Western analysis. J Neurobiol. 2005;64:298-309 pubmed..Elucidating the functions of these ERbeta isoforms in the CNS will facilitate our understanding of the tissue- and promoter-specific actions of estrogen. ..
- Piehl M, Cassimeris L. Organization and dynamics of growing microtubule plus ends during early mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:916-25 pubmed..Both dynein and microtubules would then be in a position to participate in nuclear envelope breakdown, as described in recent studies. ..
- Cassimeris L, Guglielmi L, Denis V, Larroque C, Martineau P. Specific in vivo labeling of tyrosinated ?-tubulin and measurement of microtubule dynamics using a GFP tagged, cytoplasmically expressed recombinant antibody. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59812 pubmed publisher..Thus, a recombinant antibody with weak affinity for its substrate can be used as a specific intracellular biosensor that can differentiate between unmodified and post-translationally modified forms of a protein. ..
- Howell B, Odde D, Cassimeris L. Kinase and phosphatase inhibitors cause rapid alterations in microtubule dynamic instability in living cells. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1997;38:201-14 pubmed
- Jain I, Stroka C, Yan J, Huang W, Iovine M. Bone growth in zebrafish fins occurs via multiple pulses of cell proliferation. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2668-74 pubmed..These results indicate that segment lengthening requires multiple pulses of cell proliferation. ..
- Oline S, Burger R. Short-term synaptic depression is topographically distributed in the cochlear nucleus of the chicken. J Neurosci. 2014;34:1314-24 pubmed publisher..Mathematical model results demonstrate that these properties of vesicle dynamics are sufficient to explain the observed tonotopic distribution of STD. ..
- Slee J, Lowe Krentz L. Actin realignment and cofilin regulation are essential for barrier integrity during shear stress. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:782-95 pubmed publisher..These results identify the importance of cofilin in the process of actin alignment and the requirement for actin realignment in endothelial barrier integrity during FSS. ..
- Banerji R, Eble D, Iovine M, Skibbens R. Esco2 regulates cx43 expression during skeletal regeneration in the zebrafish fin. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:7-21 pubmed publisher..These results conceptually link ODDD to cohesinopathies and provide evidence that ESCO2 may play a transcriptional role critical for human development. ..
- Gerhart S, Eble D, Burger R, Oline S, Vacaru A, Sadler K, et al. The Cx43-like connexin protein Cx40.8 is differentially localized during fin ontogeny and fin regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31364 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the dynamic localization of Cx40.8 differentially influences Cx43-dependent cell proliferation during ontogeny and regeneration. ..
- Misu A, Yamanaka H, Aramaki T, Kondo S, Skerrett I, Iovine M, et al. Two Different Functions of Connexin43 Confer Two Different Bone Phenotypes in Zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12601-11 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, only Cx43(stp) induced abnormally high (50× wild type) transmembrane currents through hemichannels. Our results suggest that Cx43 plays critical and diverse roles in zebrafish bone growth. ..
- Pidgeon S, Pires M. Cell Wall Remodeling of Staphylococcus aureus in Live Caenorhabditis elegans. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2310-2315 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that extracellular d-amino acids may provide pathogens with a mode of late-stage in vivo cell-surface remodeling...
- Vasquez R, Howell B, Yvon A, Wadsworth P, Cassimeris L. Nanomolar concentrations of nocodazole alter microtubule dynamic instability in vivo and in vitro. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:973-85 pubmed..Given that nocodazole increases tubulin GTPase activity, we propose that nocodazole acts by generating TuD subunits that then alter dynamic instability...
- Benbow J, Bernberg E, Korda A, Mead J. Synthesis and evaluation of dinitroanilines for treatment of cryptosporidiosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1998;42:339-43 pubmed..Enhanced water solubility alone did not overcome the drug availability problem; however, several candidates with similar activities but with toxicities lower than those of the lead compounds were produced...
- Howell B, Larsson N, Gullberg M, Cassimeris L. Dissociation of the tubulin-sequestering and microtubule catastrophe-promoting activities of oncoprotein 18/stathmin. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:105-18 pubmed..We hypothesize that weak binding between Op18 and tubulin results in free Op18, which is available to interact with microtubule ends and thereby promote catastrophes by a mechanism that likely involves GTP hydrolysis. ..
- Maas S, Gommans W. Novel exon of mammalian ADAR2 extends open reading frame. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4225 pubmed publisher..The strong sequence conservation of the ADAR2 R-domain between human, mouse and rat ADAR2 genes suggests a conserved function for this isoform of the RNA editing enzyme. ..
- Walters B, Saldanha C. Glial aromatization increases the expression of bone morphogenetic protein-2 in the injured zebra finch brain. J Neurochem. 2008;106:216-23 pubmed publisher..Songbirds may be excellent models towards understanding the role of local estrogen synthesis and its downstream mechanisms on neuroprotection and repair...
- Wynne R, Maas S, Saldanha C. Molecular characterization of the injury-induced aromatase transcript in the adult zebra finch brain. J Neurochem. 2008;105:1613-24 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, injury-induced aromatase transcription may be silenced under constitutive conditions. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report that documents the sequence of inducible aromatase in any vertebrate...
- Ayme Southgate A, Southgate R, Saide J, Benian G, Pardue M. Both synchronous and asynchronous muscle isoforms of projectin (the Drosophila bent locus product) contain functional kinase domains. J Cell Biol. 1995;128:393-403 pubmed..The times of death can vary with allele. Some alleles kill the embryos, others are larval lethal. These molecular studies begin to explain why genetic studies suggested that l(4)2 was a complex (or pseudoallelic) locus. ..
- Schneider J, Blum R, Wade G. Metabolic control of food intake and estrous cycles in syrian hamsters. I. Plasma insulin and leptin. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R476-85 pubmed
- Wynne R, Walters B, Bailey D, Saldanha C. Inhibition of injury-induced glial aromatase reveals a wave of secondary degeneration in the songbird brain. Glia. 2008;56:97-105 pubmed..In the zebra finch, injury-induced estrogen provision may decrease reactive gliosis and severely dampen the WSD, suggesting that songbirds are powerful models for understanding the role of glial aromatization in secondary brain damage. ..
- Phopin K, Nimlamool W, Lowe Krentz L, Douglass E, Taroni J, Bean B. Roles of mouse sperm-associated alpha-L-fucosidases in fertilization. Mol Reprod Dev. 2013;80:273-85 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that deficits in fucosidase protein and/or the presence of anti-fucosidase antibody may be responsible for some types of infertility. ..
- Gerhart S, Jefferis R, Iovine M. Cx40.8, a Cx43-like protein, forms gap junction channels inefficiently and may require Cx43 for its association at the plasma membrane. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:3419-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest the possibility that Cx40.8 may functionally interact with Cx43 to regulate cell proliferation in vivo. ..
- Phopin K, Nimlamool W, Bartlett M, Bean B. Distribution, crypticity, stability, and localization of ?-L-fucosidase of mouse cauda epididymal sperm. Mol Reprod Dev. 2012;79:208-17 pubmed publisher..The stability and appearance of mouse sperm-associated ?-L-fucosidase in the equatorial segment after the acrosome reaction suggest that ?-L-fucosidase may be involved in sperm-egg interaction. ..
- Smith M, Karatekin E, Gohlke A, Mizuno H, Watanabe N, Vavylonis D. Interactive, computer-assisted tracking of speckle trajectories in fluorescence microscopy: application to actin polymerization and membrane fusion. Biophys J. 2011;101:1794-804 pubmed publisher..5), By discriminating between undocking and fusion events, dwell times for vesicle fusion after vesicle docking to membranes can be measured. ..
- Samollow P, Ford A, Vandeberg J. Biochemical characteristics and subcellular localizations of rat liver neuraminidase isozymes: a paradox resolved. Biochem Genet. 1990;28:283-98 pubmed..Ways to increase the sensitivity of the fluorometric approach for quantitative assays of specific NEU-1 and NEU-2 activity are discussed. ..