Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Locale: Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Topic: messenger rna
- Li Q, Dashwood W, Zhong X, Nakagama H, Dashwood R. Bcl-2 overexpression in PhIP-induced colon tumors: cloning of the rat Bcl-2 promoter and characterization of a pathway involving beta-catenin, c-Myc and E2F1. Oncogene. 2007;26:6194-202 pubmed..These findings suggest an indirect pathway for Bcl-2 over-expression in PhIP-induced colon tumors involving beta-catenin, c-Myc and E2F1. ..
- Song Y, Elias V, Wong C, Scrimgeour A, Ho E. Zinc transporter expression profiles in the rat prostate following alterations in dietary zinc. Biometals. 2010;23:51-8 pubmed publisher..No correlations were found between zinc transporter expression and zinc concentrations in the ventral lobes. These results indicate that ZnT2 may play a significant role in the maintenance of zinc homeostasis in the prostate. ..
- Cheng R, Ford B, O Neal P, Mathews C, Bradford C, Thongtan T, et al. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) p53 tumor suppressor gene: cDNA sequence and expression during embryogenesis. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1997;6:88-97 pubmed
- Gvakharia B, Permina E, Gelfand M, Bottomley P, Sayavedra Soto L, Arp D. Global transcriptional response of Nitrosomonas europaea to chloroform and chloromethane. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:3440-5 pubmed..N. europaea has higher levels of transcripts for a variety of defense genes when exposed to chloroform or chloromethane...
- Chiba M, Reed J, Prokhnevsky A, Chapman E, Mawassi M, Koonin E, et al. Diverse suppressors of RNA silencing enhance agroinfection by a viral replicon. Virology. 2006;346:7-14 pubmed..The members of this family are predicted to have RNA silencing suppressor activity...
- Lee S, Buhler D. Cloning, tissue distribution, and functional studies of a new cytochrome P450 3A subfamily member, CYP3A45, from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) intestinal ceca. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;412:77-89 pubmed..76, 0.193, and 0.078 nmol/min/nmol CYP3A45, respectively. In summary, a second form of CYP3A with steroid hydroxylase activity, CYP3A45, has been cloned from rainbow trout and the major site of expression was in the intestinal tissues. ..
- Reed J, Kasschau K, Prokhnevsky A, Gopinath K, Pogue G, Carrington J, et al. Suppressor of RNA silencing encoded by Beet yellows virus. Virology. 2003;306:203-9 pubmed..Examination of the subcellular distribution in BYV-infected plants revealed that p21 is partitioned between soluble cytoplasmic form and proteinaceous inclusion bodies at the cell periphery...
- Das S, Magnusson K. Relationship between mRNA expression of splice forms of the zeta1 subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor and spatial memory in aged mice. Brain Res. 2008;1207:142-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that there is a complex interaction between zeta1 splice form expression and performance of memory tasks during aging. ..
- Peremyslov V, Dolja V. Identification of the subgenomic mRNAs that encode 6-kDa movement protein and Hsp70 homolog of Beet yellows virus. Virology. 2002;295:299-306 pubmed..Taken together with the previous work, our data demonstrate that expression of the BYV genome involves the formation of as many as seven sgRNAs. ..
- Li Q, Dixon B, Al Fageeh M, Blum C, Dashwood R. Sequencing of the rat beta-catenin gene (Ctnnb1) and mutational analysis of liver tumors induced by 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline. Gene. 2002;283:255-62 pubmed..Surprisingly, no mutations were found. The results are discussed in the context of the organ-specificity of IQ-induced mutations in beta-catenin, being highly prevalent in colon tumors, but much less common in liver tumors. ..
- Ellard Ivey M, Hopkins R, White T, Lomax T. Cloning, expression and N-terminal myristoylation of CpCPK1, a calcium-dependent protein kinase from zucchini (Cucurbita pepo L.). Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:199-208 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of myristoylation of a CDPK protein which may contribute to the mechanism by which this protein is localized to the plasma membrane. ..
- Sayavedra Soto L, Hommes N, Alzerreca J, Arp D, Norton J, Klotz M. Transcription of the amoC, amoA and amoB genes in Nitrosomonas europaea and Nitrosospira sp. NpAV. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;167:81-8 pubmed..Two other transcripts were detected with amo probes and may be a product of processing of the amoCAB mRNA or independent transcripts...
- Weisz P, Solem M, Barnes D. Expression of a TGF beta regulated, brain-specific mRNA in serum-free mouse embryo (SFME) cells. Neurosci Lett. 1993;154:153-6 pubmed..This mRNA was detected only in RNA preparations from brain among a number of tissues examined, and may provide an additional marker of TGF beta-regulated differentiation in these cells. ..
- Roseman N, Slabaugh M. The vaccinia virus HindIII F fragment: nucleotide sequence of the left 6.2 kb. Virology. 1990;178:410-8 pubmed..Two of these ORFs have been reported previously. ORF F4L encodes the small subunit of ribonucleotide reductase and ORF F2L is homologous to a retroviral protease-like gene. ..
- Nian H, Delage B, Pinto J, Dashwood R. Allyl mercaptan, a garlic-derived organosulfur compound, inhibits histone deacetylase and enhances Sp3 binding on the P21WAF1 promoter. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1816-24 pubmed publisher..The results are discussed in the context of other anticarcinogenic mechanisms ascribed to garlic organosulfur compounds and the metabolic conversion of such compounds to potential HDAC inhibitors in situ. ..
- Siddens L, Henderson M, Vandyke J, Williams D, Krueger S. Characterization of mouse flavin-containing monooxygenase transcript levels in lung and liver, and activity of expressed isoforms. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:570-9 pubmed..Measurement of activity in heated and unheated lung and liver microsomes verified relative transcript abundance. Our results show that dual Fmo1/2 knockouts will be required to model the human lung FMO profile. ..
- Hall J, Chinn R, Vorachek W, Gorman M, Jewell D. Aged Beagle dogs have decreased neutrophil phagocytosis and neutrophil-related gene expression compared to younger dogs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;137:130-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that older dogs have depressed innate immune responses compared with younger dogs, which may contribute to increased morbidity and mortality with aging. ..
- Park E, Jeknic Z, Jekncić Z, Chen T, Murata N. The codA transgene for glycinebetaine synthesis increases the size of flowers and fruits in tomato. Plant Biotechnol J. 2007;5:422-30 pubmed..The enlargement of flowers was related to an increase in the size and number of cells, and reflected the pleiotropic effect of the codA transgene on the expression of genes involved in the regulation of cell division. ..
- Ge Q, Pastey M, Kobasa D, Puthavathana P, Lupfer C, Bestwick R, et al. Inhibition of multiple subtypes of influenza A virus in cell cultures with morpholino oligomers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:3724-33 pubmed..High efficacy by two of the P-PMO against multiple FLUAV subtypes suggests that these oligomers represent a broad-spectrum therapeutic approach against a high percentage of known FLUAV strains. ..
- Deere J, Iversen P, Geller B. Antisense phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer length and target position effects on gene-specific inhibition in Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:249-55 pubmed..In reticulocyte cell-free reactions, there was a trend toward more inhibition with longer PMOs. These studies indicate that strategies for designing PMOs are substantially different for prokaryotic than eukaryotic targets. ..
- Kasschau K, Xie Z, Allen E, Llave C, Chapman E, Krizan K, et al. P1/HC-Pro, a viral suppressor of RNA silencing, interferes with Arabidopsis development and miRNA unction. Dev Cell. 2003;4:205-17 pubmed..The basis for TuMV- and other virus-induced disease in plants may be explained, at least partly, by interference with miRNA-controlled developmental pathways that share components with the antiviral RNA-silencing pathway...
- Ivanchenko M, Stanewsky R, Giebultowicz J. Circadian photoreception in Drosophila: functions of cryptochrome in peripheral and central clocks. J Biol Rhythms. 2001;16:205-15 pubmed..Thus, although neural and epithelial cells share the core clock mechanism, some clock components and light-entrainment pathways appear to have tissue-specific roles. ..
- Martin R, Mok M, Habben J, Mok D. A maize cytokinin gene encoding an O-glucosyltransferase specific to cis-zeatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5922-6 pubmed..This finding indicates the existence of cis-specific regulatory elements in plants and suggests that cis-zeatin and derivatives may be more important in cytokinin homeostasis than currently recognized. ..
- Hommes N, Sayavedra Soto L, Arp D. Mutagenesis and expression of amo, which codes for ammonia monooxygenase in Nitrosomonas europaea. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:3353-9 pubmed..Northern blot analysis of transcription likewise showed that the slower-growing mutant had less full-sized AMO mRNA...
- Yueh M, Krueger S, Williams D. Pulmonary flavin-containing monooxygenase (FMO) in rhesus macaque: expression of FMO2 protein, mRNA and analysis of the cDNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1350:267-71 pubmed..Northern blots of monkey lung mRNA revealed multiple size FMO2 transcripts. These mRNA transcripts are expressed in lung, but not in liver or kidney. ..
- Vendeland S, Beilstein M, Yeh J, Ream W, Whanger P. Rat skeletal muscle selenoprotein W: cDNA clone and mRNA modulation by dietary selenium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8749-53 pubmed..Dietary selenium at 0.1 ppm as selenite increased muscle mRNA 4-fold relative to a selenium-deficient diet. Higher dietary selenium produced no further increase in mRNA levels. ..
- Solem M, Rawson C, Lindburg K, Barnes D. Transforming growth factor beta regulates cystatin C in serum-free mouse embryo (SFME) cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;172:945-51 pubmed
- Oh K, Ivanchenko M, White T, Lomax T. The diageotropica gene of tomato encodes a cyclophilin: a novel player in auxin signaling. Planta. 2006;224:133-44 pubmed..These observations confirm that the PPIase activity of the tomato CYP, LeCYP1, encoded by the Dgt gene is important for specific aspects of auxin regulation of plant growth, development, and environmental responses. ..