Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Eugene, Oregon, United States
Locale: Eugene, Oregon, United States
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Yonally S, Capaldi R. The F(1)F(0) ATP synthase and mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes are present on the plasma membrane of an osteosarcoma cell line: An immunocytochemical study. Mitochondrion. 2006;6:305-14 pubmed..A specific mechanism by which the mitochondrion and plasma membrane fuse to deliver organellar proteins is suggested. ..
- Tucker D, Waters A, Holmes M. Transition from cortical slow oscillations of sleep to spike-wave seizures. Clin Neurophysiol. 2009;120:2055-2062 pubmed publisher..The correlation of SW seizures with CSOs in animal studies may be observed in humans as well, providing clues to the pathology of arousal regulation in some cases of nocturnal epilepsy. ..
- Gordon J, Andrews J, Albert D, Crews K, Payne T, Severson H. Tobacco cessation via public dental clinics: results of a randomized trial. Am J Public Health. 2010;100:1307-12 pubmed publisher..Tobacco cessation services delivered in public dental clinics have the potential to improve the health and well-being of millions of Americans. ..
- Musser E, Backs R, Schmitt C, Ablow J, Measelle J, Nigg J. Emotion regulation via the autonomic nervous system in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2011;39:841-52 pubmed publisher..No group differences in sympathetic activity (PEP) were observed. It is concluded ADHD in childhood is associated with abnormal parasympathetic mechanisms involved in emotion regulation. ..
- Swartz L, Sherman C, Harvey S, Blanchard J, Vawter F, Gau J. Midlife women online: evaluation of an internet-based program to prevent unintended pregnancy & STIs. J Women Aging. 2011;23:342-59 pubmed publisher..Interventions specifically targeted to midlife women can impact constructs known to reduce risk. Implications for future research and intervention development are presented. ..
- Mason M, Mennis J, Way T, Light J, RUSBY J, Westling E, et al. Young adolescents' perceived activity space risk, peer networks, and substance use. Health Place. 2015;34:143-9 pubmed publisher..These findings could advance theoretical models to inform social-environmental research among adolescents. ..
- Hinkel Lipsker J, Hahn M. A method for automated control of belt velocity changes with an instrumented treadmill. J Biomech. 2016;49:132-134 pubmed publisher..Further, it can be incorporated into virtual reality rehabilitation paradigms that utilize split-belt treadmill walking. ..
- Eli K, Howell K, Fisher P, Nowicka P. A question of balance: Explaining differences between parental and grandparental perspectives on preschoolers' feeding and physical activity. Soc Sci Med. 2016;154:28-35 pubmed publisher..Parents and grandparents appear to engage in practices designed to preserve familial homeostasis, which may provide a compelling explanation for the persistent difficulties in implementing family-based childhood obesity interventions. ..
- Li X, Morgan P, Ashburner J, Smith J, Rorden C. The first step for neuroimaging data analysis: DICOM to NIfTI conversion. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;264:47-56 pubmed publisher..Here we provide users with simple methods for detecting and correcting problems. This also serves as an overview for developers who wish to either develop their own tools or adapt the open source tools created by the authors. ..
- Prigge M, Wagner D. The arabidopsis serrate gene encodes a zinc-finger protein required for normal shoot development. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1263-79 pubmed..Consistent with this proposed function, a synergistic double mutant phenotype was seen for plants mutant at both the SE locus and the locus encoding the largest subunit of chromatin assembly factor I. ..
- Parker T, Osternig L, Lee H, Donkelaar P, Chou L. The effect of divided attention on gait stability following concussion. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2005;20:389-95 pubmed..It was hypothesized that, when compared to uninjured controls, concussed subjects would demonstrate deficits in maintenance of dynamic stability...
- Duncan S, Duncan T, Strycker L, Chaumeton N. A cohort-sequential latent growth model of physical activity from ages 12 to 17 years. Ann Behav Med. 2007;33:80-9 pubmed..These findings encourage further research on the etiology and development of youth physical activity using procedures such as LGM to better understand the risk and protective factors associated with youth physical activity decline. ..
- Li F, Harmer P, Cardinal B, Bosworth M, Johnson Shelton D. Obesity and the built environment: does the density of neighborhood fast-food outlets matter?. Am J Health Promot. 2009;23:203-9 pubmed publisher..057 (CI, 1.705-38.086) for non-Hispanic black residents. Increased density of neighborhood fast food outlets was associated with unhealthy lifestyles, poorer psychosocial profiles, and increased risk of obesity among older adults. ..
- Fujimoto M, Chou L. Sagittal plane momentum control during walking in elderly fallers. Gait Posture. 2016;45:121-6 pubmed publisher..Examining COM acceleration, in addition to its velocity, would provide a greater understanding of person's momentum control, which would allow us to better reveal underlying mechanisms of gait imbalance or falls. ..
- Capaldi R, Halphen D, Zhang Y, Yanamura W. Complexity and tissue specificity of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1988;20:291-311 pubmed..This biochemical information is provided as a framework for the diagnosis and molecular characterization of mitochondrial diseases. ..
- Severson H, Akers L, Andrews J, Lichtenstein E, Jerome A. Evaluating two self-help interventions for smokeless tobacco cessation. Addict Behav. 2000;25:465-70 pubmed..Self-reported rates of sustained abstinence (no tobacco use at two months and six months) were 24.5% for the manual/video condition, and 18.4%, for the LifeSign condition. ..
- Sherman C. Emergency contraception: the politics of post-coital contraception. J Soc Issues. 2005;61:139-57 pubmed..Recommendations for future research, service delivery, and public policy are also presented. ..
- Todis B, Glang A. Redefining success: results of a qualitative study of postsecondary transition outcomes for youth with traumatic brain injury. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2008;23:252-63 pubmed publisher..Transition supports geared to the postsecondary education goals of students with TBI are needed. ..
- Farmer R, Goldberg L. A psychometric evaluation of the revised Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI-R) and the TCI-140. Psychol Assess. 2008;20:281-91 pubmed publisher..Implications associated with the use of the TCI-R and TCI-140 and C. R. Cloninger's theory of personality are discussed. ..
- Lynn B, Minson C, Halliwill J. Fluid replacement and heat stress during exercise alter post-exercise cardiac haemodynamics in endurance exercise-trained men. J Physiol. 2009;587:3605-17 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that fluid replacement mitigates the post-exercise decrease in cardiac output in endurance-exercise trained men. Surprisingly, exercise in a warm environment also mitigates the post-exercise fall in cardiac output. ..
- Mendle J, Harden K, Brooks Gunn J, Graber J. Development's tortoise and hare: pubertal timing, pubertal tempo, and depressive symptoms in boys and girls. Dev Psychol. 2010;46:1341-53 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the need to consider multiple sources of individual variability in pubertal development and suggest different pubertal challenges for boys and girls. ..
- Bernstein J, Manning M, Li H, White M, Baker J, Lumry W, et al. Escalating doses of C1 esterase inhibitor (CINRYZE) for prophylaxis in patients with hereditary angioedema. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2014;2:77-84 pubmed publisher..0/month. Dose escalation of nanofiltered C1 inhibitor (human) up to 2500 U was well tolerated and reduced attack frequency in the majority of patients. ..
- Dent C, Grube J, Biglan A. Community level alcohol availability and enforcement of possession laws as predictors of youth drinking. Prev Med. 2005;40:355-62 pubmed..This evidence provides empirical support for the potential utility of local efforts to maintain or increase alcohol access control and possession enforcement. ..
- Shortt J, Capaldi D, Kim H, Owen L. Relationship separation for young, at-risk couples: prediction from dyadic aggression. J Fam Psychol. 2006;20:624-31 pubmed..Of the contextual factors, relationship type was predictive of relationship dissolution: Married couples were least likely to dissolve their relationships compared with cohabiting and dating couples. ..
- Buck S, Bradford J, Gee K, Agnew B, Clarke S, Salic A. Detection of S-phase cell cycle progression using 5-ethynyl-2'-deoxyuridine incorporation with click chemistry, an alternative to using 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine antibodies. Biotechniques. 2008;44:927-9 pubmed publisher..Elimination of this requirement results in the preservation of helical DNA structure and other cell surface epitopes, decreased assay time, and increased reproducibility. ..
- Hibbard J, Greene J, Shi Y, Mittler J, Scanlon D. Taking the long view: how well do patient activation scores predict outcomes four years later?. Med Care Res Rev. 2015;72:324-37 pubmed publisher..Patient activation seems to be an important and modifiable factor for influencing chronic disease outcomes; health care delivery systems can use this information to personalize and improve care. ..
- Meneghini M, Ishitani T, Carter J, Hisamoto N, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Thorpe C, et al. MAP kinase and Wnt pathways converge to downregulate an HMG-domain repressor in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 1999;399:793-7 pubmed..These functions are likely to be conserved in vertebrates, as TAK1 and NLK can downregulate HMG-domain-containing proteins related to POP-1. ..
- DeGarmo D, Forgatch M, Martinez C. Parenting of divorced mothers as a link between social status and boys' academic outcomes: unpacking the effects of socioeconomic status. Child Dev. 1999;70:1231-45 pubmed
- Fitzpatrick D, Doornink J, Madey S, Bottlang M. Relative stability of conventional and locked plating fixation in a model of the osteoporotic femoral diaphysis. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2009;24:203-9 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the stiffness and strength of bridge plating with uni-cortical and bi-cortical locking plate constructs relative to a conventional, non-locked construct in the osteoporotic femoral diaphysis...
- Drew T, McCollough A, Horowitz T, Vogel E. Attentional enhancement during multiple-object tracking. Psychon Bull Rev. 2009;16:411-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence of early attentional enhancement of tracked target items and also provide a novel approach to measuring attentional allocation during tracking. ..
- Batterink L, Yokum S, Stice E. Body mass correlates inversely with inhibitory control in response to food among adolescent girls: an fMRI study. Neuroimage. 2010;52:1696-703 pubmed publisher..g., temporal operculum/insula) in response to food images correlated positively with BMI. Results suggest that hypofunctioning of inhibitory control regions and increased response of food reward regions are related to elevated weight. ..
- Emhoff C, Barrett O Keefe Z, Padgett R, Hawn J, Halliwill J. Histamine-receptor blockade reduces blood flow but not muscle glucose uptake during postexercise recovery in humans. Exp Physiol. 2011;96:664-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, while oral ingestion of H(1)- and H(2)-receptor antagonists alters postexercise recovery by attenuating vasodilatation, leg glucose uptake is not universally affected in recreationally active individuals. ..
- Etter P, Bassham S, HOHENLOHE P, Johnson E, Cresko W. SNP discovery and genotyping for evolutionary genetics using RAD sequencing. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;772:157-78 pubmed publisher..Despite considerable progress, the development of analytical tools remains in its infancy, and further work is needed to fully quantify sampling variance and biases in these data types. ..
- Cornwell T, McAlister A. Contingent choice. Exploring the relationship between sweetened beverages and vegetable consumption. Appetite. 2013;62:203-8 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest simple consumer strategies that might be employed to change dietary patterns (e.g., drink water with meals), and hold straightforward policy implications (e.g., increase water as the default option in meal deals). ..
- Clark C, Sheffield T, Wiebe S, Espy K. Longitudinal associations between executive control and developing mathematical competence in preschool boys and girls. Child Dev. 2013;84:662-77 pubmed publisher..Relations between EC and mathematics achievement were stronger in girls than in boys. Findings highlight the unique role of EC in predicting which children may have difficulty transitioning to formal mathematics instruction. ..
- Jost K, Mayr U. Switching between filter settings reduces the efficient utilization of visual working memory. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2016;16:207-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, lingering effects of the selection history seem to counteract goal-directed encoding, and thus constitute an important attentional limitation for the efficient utilization of our limited workspace. ..
- Seidman C, Raffetto J, Overman K, Menzoian J. Venous ulcer fibroblasts respond to basic fibroblast growth factor at the cell cycle protein level. Ann Vasc Surg. 2006;20:376-80 pubmed..The role of bFGF may be useful in the clinical treatment of venous ulcer pathology. ..
- Rohde P, Lewinsohn P, Seeley J. Comparability of telephone and face-to-face interviews in assessing axis I and II disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 1997;154:1593-8 pubmed..The apparent concerns do not appear sufficient to override the economic and logistic advantages of telephone interviewing. ..
- Thornton J, Need E, Crews D. Resurrecting the ancestral steroid receptor: ancient origin of estrogen signaling. Science. 2003;301:1714-7 pubmed publisher..This gene was lost in the lineage leading to arthropods and nematodes and became independent of hormone regulation in the Aplysia lineage...
- Lambert Shute J, Jarrott S, Fruhauf C. Service learning at dementia care programs: an orientation and training program. Gerontol Geriatr Educ. 2004;25:19-35 pubmed..The following sections describe the project and its procedures, benefits, and challenges. Recommendations for continuing the project and for adapting the project to other dementia sites are provided. ..
- Torgrimson B, Meendering J, Kaplan P, Minson C. Endothelial function across an oral contraceptive cycle in women using levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H2874-80 pubmed..97 +/- 1.83%). These results suggest that levonorgestrel may antagonize the activity of ethinyl estradiol. Thus both the progestin type and estradiol dose need to be considered when assessing arterial vascular risk of OCP use in women. ..
- Drew A, Langan J, Halterman C, Osternig L, Chou L, van Donkelaar P. Attentional disengagement dysfunction following mTBI assessed with the gap saccade task. Neurosci Lett. 2007;417:61-5 pubmed..Taken together, this is consistent with the idea that the deficits in orienting visuospatial attention in participants with mTBI are fully accounted for by difficulties with the initial disengagement process. ..
- Danaher B, Hart L, McKay H, Severson H. Measuring participant rurality in Web-based interventions. BMC Public Health. 2007;7:228 pubmed..Researchers in other countries should examine rurality indices germane to their country. ..
- Króliczak G, Frey S. A common network in the left cerebral hemisphere represents planning of tool use pantomimes and familiar intransitive gestures at the hand-independent level. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:2396-410 pubmed publisher..In summary, at the hand-independent level, transitive and intransitive actions are represented in a common, left-lateralized praxis network. ..
- Coonrod L, Lohman J, Berglund J. Utilizing the GAAA tetraloop/receptor to facilitate crystal packing and determination of the structure of a CUG RNA helix. Biochemistry. 2012;51:8330-7 pubmed publisher..An analysis of all noncanonical U-U pairs in the context of CUG repeats revealed six different classes of conformations that the noncanonical U-U pairs are able to adopt. ..
- Burger K, Stice E. Elevated energy intake is correlated with hyperresponsivity in attentional, gustatory, and reward brain regions while anticipating palatable food receipt. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013;97:1188-94 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01807572. ..
- Krishnaswamy P, Bonmassar G, Poulsen C, Pierce E, Purdon P, Brown E. Reference-free removal of EEG-fMRI ballistocardiogram artifacts with harmonic regression. Neuroimage. 2016;128:398-412 pubmed publisher..Because our algorithm does not require reference signals and has low computational complexity, it offers a practical tool for removing BCG artifacts from EEG data recorded in combination with fMRI. ..
- Adams J, Light R. Scientific consensus, the law, and same sex parenting outcomes. Soc Sci Res. 2015;53:300-10 pubmed publisher..We find that the literature on outcomes for children of same-sex parents is marked by scientific consensus that they experience "no differences" compared to children from other parental configurations. ..
- Stice E. Interactive and Mediational Etiologic Models of Eating Disorder Onset: Evidence from Prospective Studies. Annu Rev Clin Psychol. 2016;12:359-81 pubmed publisher..Gaps in the literature are identified and procedures for providing rigorous tests of interactive and mediational etiologic models are outlined. ..
- Capaldi R, Marusich M, Taanman J. Mammalian cytochrome-c oxidase: characterization of enzyme and immunological detection of subunits in tissue extracts and whole cells. Methods Enzymol. 1995;260:117-32 pubmed
- Conibear E, Stevens T. Multiple sorting pathways between the late Golgi and the vacuole in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1404:211-30 pubmed..Progress has also been made in further elucidating the members of the SNARE complexes that act in Golgi-to-PVC transport as well as those that mediate fusion with the vacuole. ..
- Jenkins B, Pullen C, Darimont B. Novel glucocorticoid receptor coactivator effector mechanisms. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2001;12:122-6 pubmed..The emerging picture shows coactivators as flexible, but precise, coordinators of complex and dynamic networks, in which transcriptional regulation by GR and other NRs is linked to other signaling pathways. ..
- Lib M, Rodriguez Mari A, Marusich M, Capaldi R. Immunocapture and microplate-based activity measurement of mammalian pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Anal Biochem. 2003;314:121-7 pubmed
- Martin K, Hart C, Liu J, Leung W, Patton W. Simultaneous trichromatic fluorescence detection of proteins on Western blots using an amine-reactive dye in combination with alkaline phosphatase- and horseradish peroxidase-antibody conjugates. Proteomics. 2003;3:1215-27 pubmed
- Buchanan P, Stephens T, Leroy B. A comparison of the efficacy of telithromycin versus cefuroxime axetil in the treatment of acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis. Am J Rhinol. 2003;17:369-77 pubmed..Telithromycin, a new ketolide, exhibits potent activity against respiratory pathogens, including resistant strains...
- Lorenzo S, Minson C. Human cutaneous reactive hyperaemia: role of BKCa channels and sensory nerves. J Physiol. 2007;585:295-303 pubmed
- Ryan M, Graham L, Stevens T. Voa1p functions in V-ATPase assembly in the yeast endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5131-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest Voa1p functions with Vma21p early in V(0) assembly in the ER, but then it dissociates before exit of the V(0)-Vma21p complex from the ER for transport to the Golgi compartment. ..
- Saavedra S, Joshi A, Woollacott M, van Donkelaar P. Eye hand coordination in children with cerebral palsy. Exp Brain Res. 2009;192:155-65 pubmed publisher..We have previously suggested that coupled activation of effectors may be the default output for the CNS during early development. ..
- Hampson S, Goldberg L, Vogt T, Hillier T, Dubanoski J. Using physiological dysregulation to assess global health status: associations with self-rated health and health behaviors. J Health Psychol. 2009;14:232-41 pubmed publisher..These findings provide preliminary guidelines for constructing valid summary measures of global health status for use in health psychology. ..
- Stoolmiller M, Gerrard M, Sargent J, Worth K, Gibbons F. R-rated movie viewing, growth in sensation seeking and alcohol initiation: reciprocal and moderation effects. Prev Sci. 2010;11:1-13 pubmed publisher..The study provides empirical evidence of an environmental media effect on sensation seeking, and important new information about the relations among sensation seeking, media exposure, and adolescent alcohol use. ..
- ..Together these developments have enhanced our understanding of attention and paved the way for significant applications to education, pathology and prevention of mental illness. ..
- Pfeifer J, Peake S. Self-development: integrating cognitive, socioemotional, and neuroimaging perspectives. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2012;2:55-69 pubmed publisher..In addition, these regions appear to function atypically during personal and social identity tasks in autism and depression, exhibiting a broad pattern of hypoactivation and hyperactivation, respectively. ..
- Shariff A, Willard A, Andersen T, Norenzayan A. Religious Priming: A Meta-Analysis With a Focus on Prosociality. Pers Soc Psychol Rev. 2016;20:27-48 pubmed publisher..Religious priming does not, however, reliably affect non-religious participants-suggesting that priming depends on the cognitive activation of culturally transmitted religious beliefs. ..
- Akers L, Gordon J, Brady Z, Andrews J, Severson H. Utility of Responsiveness Theory for Classifying Supportive Behaviors to Enhance Smokeless Tobacco Cessation. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016;18:1150-6 pubmed publisher..The study provides a categorization system for positive and negative social support during smokeless tobacco cessation, based on responsiveness theory and interviews with 35 partners of smokeless users. ..
- Lynch M, Crease T. The analysis of population survey data on DNA sequence variation. Mol Biol Evol. 1990;7:377-94 pubmed publisher..Generally, the degree of population subdivision at the nucleotide level is comparable with that at the haplotype level, but significant differences do arise as a result of inequalities in the genetic distances between haplotypes...
- Gordon J, Severson H. Tobacco cessation through dental office settings. J Dent Educ. 2001;65:354-63 pubmed..The results of these studies also support the timeliness of further dissemination and diffusion of this program to practitioners, dental schools, and dental hygiene programs. ..
- Gordon J, Severson H, Seeley J, Christiansen S. Development and evaluation of an interactive tobacco cessation CD-ROM educational program for dental students. J Dent Educ. 2004;68:361-9 pubmed..An interactive educational program such as the one reported herein could be a useful tool for enabling dental professionals to obtain the skills necessary to help their patients quit using tobacco. ..
- Mayr U, Diedrichsen J, Ivry R, Keele S. Dissociating task-set selection from task-set inhibition in the prefrontal cortex. J Cogn Neurosci. 2006;18:14-21 pubmed..Although left frontal patients showed normal inhibition, right frontal patients showed no evidence for inhibition. These results suggest a neurocognitive dissociation between task-set selection and inhibition. ..
- Greene J, Peters E. Medicaid consumers and informed decisionmaking. Health Care Financ Rev. 2009;30:25-40 pubmed..Our study suggests that policymakers should seek to simplify Medicaid Program information and design to encourage informed decisionmaking. ..
- Eick G, Thornton J. Evolution of steroid receptors from an estrogen-sensitive ancestral receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;334:31-8 pubmed publisher..The primordial interaction between the ancestral steroid receptor and estrogens may itself have evolved due to an early molecular exploitation event. ..
- Pears K, Fisher P, Bruce J, Kim H, Yoerger K. Early elementary school adjustment of maltreated children in foster care: the roles of inhibitory control and caregiver involvement. Child Dev. 2010;81:1550-64 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that inhibitory control and caregiver involvement might be promising targets for school readiness interventions for foster preschoolers. ..
- Lorenzo S, Minson C, Babb T, Halliwill J. Lactate threshold predicting time-trial performance: impact of heat and acclimation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;111:221-7 pubmed publisher..Lastly, in the hot condition, ventilation-based predictions are less accurate after heat acclimation, while blood-based predictions remain valid in both environments after heat acclimation. ..
- Taylor R. The transience of virtual fractals. Nonlinear Dynamics Psychol Life Sci. 2012;16:91-6 pubmed..This will be done by incorporating her prints of fractal patterns into zoetropes and phenakistoscopes. ..
- Rohde P, Shaw H, Butryn M, Stice E. Assessing program sustainability in an eating disorder prevention effectiveness trial delivered by college clinicians. Behav Res Ther. 2015;72:1-8 pubmed publisher..The most commonly reported barriers for conducting additional groups were limited time and high staff turnover. ..
- Hwang M, Yoo J, Luttrell M, Kim H, Meade T, English M, et al. Acute effect of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism on vascular function in healthy older adults. Exp Gerontol. 2016;73:86-94 pubmed publisher..134/77Â±4/2 mmHg, Pâ‰¥0.6). In conclusion, acute MR antagonism impairs vascular endothelial function in healthy older adults without influencing vascular smooth muscle responsiveness to exogenous nitric oxide or blood pressure. ..
- Eriksson A, Cousens L, Weaver L, Matthews B. Three-dimensional structure of human basic fibroblast growth factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:3441-5 pubmed..The backbone structure of this putative receptor-binding loop is very similar, although not identical, to the corresponding region of interleukin 1 beta. ..
- Morrison Graham K, Takahashi Y. Steel factor and c-kit receptor: from mutants to a growth factor system. Bioessays. 1993;15:77-83 pubmed
- Taanman J, Hall R, Tang C, Marusich M, Kennaway N, Capaldi R. Tissue distribution of cytochrome c oxidase isoforms in mammals. Characterization with monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1225:95-100 pubmed..These results imply that, in humans, the deficiency of a subunit VIa isoform may have a different effect on the physiology of heart then on the physiology of skeletal muscle. ..
- Taylor M, Carlson S. The relation between individual differences in fantasy and theory of mind. Child Dev. 1997;68:436-55 pubmed..Each of these fantasy assessments was significantly related to the theory of mind performance of the 4-year-old children, independent of verbal intelligence. ..
- Marusich M, Robinson B, Taanman J, Kim S, Schillace R, Smith J, et al. Expression of mtDNA and nDNA encoded respiratory chain proteins in chemically and genetically-derived Rho0 human fibroblasts: a comparison of subunit proteins in normal fibroblasts treated with ethidium bromide and fibroblasts from a patient with mtD. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1362:145-59 pubmed