Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Eugene, Oregon, United States
Locale: Eugene, Oregon, United States
Topic: gene expression
- Hatta K, BreMiller R, Westerfield M, Kimmel C. Diversity of expression of engrailed-like antigens in zebrafish. Development. 1991;112:821-32 pubmed..Specific expression patterns are observed in taste buds, otic vesicles and teeth. Thus we propose that eng genes function in diverse cell types in zebrafish, but play selector roles that can be classified into a few basic types. ..
- Morrison Graham K, Schatteman G, Bork T, Bowen Pope D, Weston J. A PDGF receptor mutation in the mouse (Patch) perturbs the development of a non-neuronal subset of neural crest-derived cells. Development. 1992;115:133-42 pubmed
- Puschel A, Gruss P, Westerfield M. Sequence and expression pattern of pax-6 are highly conserved between zebrafish and mice. Development. 1992;114:643-51 pubmed
- Wehrle Haller B, Weston J. Soluble and cell-bound forms of steel factor activity play distinct roles in melanocyte precursor dispersal and survival on the lateral neural crest migration pathway. Development. 1995;121:731-42 pubmed..In contrast, membrane-bound Steel factor appears to promote melanocyte precursor survival in the dermis. ..
- Thisse C, Thisse B, Schilling T, Postlethwait J. Structure of the zebrafish snail1 gene and its expression in wild-type, spadetail and no tail mutant embryos. Development. 1993;119:1203-15 pubmed..The work presented here suggests that snail1 is involved in morphogenetic events during gastrulation, somitogenesis and development of the cephalic neural crest, and that no tail may act as a positive regulator of snail1. ..
- Phillips J, Vastinsalo H, Wegner J, Clément A, Sankila E, Westerfield M. The cone-dominant retina and the inner ear of zebrafish express the ortholog of CLRN1, the causative gene of human Usher syndrome type 3A. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:473-81 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a foundation for exploring the role of Clarin-1 in retinal cell function and survival in a diurnal, cone-dominant species. ..
- Paragas V, Zhang Y, Haugland R, Singer V. The ELF-97 alkaline phosphatase substrate provides a bright, photostable, fluorescent signal amplification method for FISH. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:345-57 pubmed..Finally, Southern blot hybridization using singly labeled oligonucleotide probes yielded a sensitivity similar to that obtained with radioactivity. ..
- Ouyang C, Sprague K. Cloning and characterization of the TATA-binding protein of the silkworm Bombyx mori. Gene. 1998;221:207-13 pubmed..Silkworm TBP expressed in Escherichia coli and purified to apparent homogeneity binds the TATA element of the wild-type adenovirus major late promoter with nanomolar affinity. ..
- Loi P, Tublitz N. Sequence and expression of the CAPA/CAP2b gene in the tobacco hawkmoth, Manduca sexta. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:3681-91 pubmed..The number of cells expressing the CAPA gene varies during post-embryonic life, starting at 54 cells in first-instar larvae and declining to a minimum of 14 cells midway through adult development. ..
- Jensen A, Westerfield M. Zebrafish mosaic eyes is a novel FERM protein required for retinal lamination and retinal pigmented epithelial tight junction formation. Curr Biol. 2004;14:711-7 pubmed..We suggest that moe may be a necessary component of the crumbs pathway that regulates apical cell polarity and also may play a role in photoreceptor morphogenesis. ..
- Gore A, Athans B, Iben J, Johnson K, Russanova V, Castranova D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylation. elife. 2016;5:e11813 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an epigenetic mechanism supporting the maintenance of hematopoietic cell fate via DNA methylation-mediated perdurance of a key transcription factor in HSPCs. ..
- Takayama S, Rogatsky I, Schwarcz L, Darimont B. The glucocorticoid receptor represses cyclin D1 by targeting the Tcf-beta-catenin complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17856-63 pubmed
- Hamill D, Severson A, Carter J, Bowerman B. Centrosome maturation and mitotic spindle assembly in C. elegans require SPD-5, a protein with multiple coiled-coil domains. Dev Cell. 2002;3:673-84 pubmed..Furthermore, SPD-5 interacts genetically with a dynein heavy chain. We propose that SPD-5, along with dynein, is required for centrosome maturation and mitotic spindle assembly. ..
- Miller C, Schilling T, Lee K, Parker J, Kimmel C. sucker encodes a zebrafish Endothelin-1 required for ventral pharyngeal arch development. Development. 2000;127:3815-28 pubmed..Collectively our results support a model for dorsoventral patterning of the gnathostome pharyngeal arches in which Et-1 in the environment of the postmigratory cranial neural crest specifies the lower jaw and other ventral arch fates. ..
- Horecka J, Sprague G. Identification and characterization of FAR3, a gene required for pheromone-mediated G1 arrest in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;144:905-21 pubmed..Our data indicate that Far3 effects G1 arrest by a mechanism distinct from those previously known. ..
- Yan Y, Hatta K, Riggleman B, Postlethwait J. Expression of a type II collagen gene in the zebrafish embryonic axis. Dev Dyn. 1995;203:363-76 pubmed
- Yan Y, Postlethwait J. Vitellogenesis in Drosophila: sequestration of a yolk polypeptide/invertase fusion protein into developing oocytes. Dev Biol. 1990;140:281-90 pubmed..This work provides a means of identifying the features of yolk polypeptides that are responsible for their deposition into yolk during oogenesis. ..
- Yan Y, Jowett T, Postlethwait J. Ectopic expression of hoxb2 after retinoic acid treatment or mRNA injection: disruption of hindbrain and craniofacial morphogenesis in zebrafish embryos. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:370-85 pubmed..The results suggest that hoxb2 plays an important role in the patterning of hindbrain and pharyngeal arches in the zebrafish. ..
- Eick G, Thornton J. Evolution of steroid receptors from an estrogen-sensitive ancestral receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;334:31-8 pubmed publisher..The primordial interaction between the ancestral steroid receptor and estrogens may itself have evolved due to an early molecular exploitation event. ..
- Bradford Y, Conlin T, Dunn N, Fashena D, Frazer K, Howe D, et al. ZFIN: enhancements and updates to the Zebrafish Model Organism Database. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:D822-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe recent additions to ZFIN including (i) enhanced access to images, (ii) genomic features, (iii) genome browser, (iv) transcripts, (v) antibodies and (vi) a community wiki for protocols and antibodies. ..