Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fibroblast growth factors in Eugene, Oregon, United States
Locale: Eugene, Oregon, United States
Topic: fibroblast growth factors
- Maves L, Jackman W, Kimmel C. FGF3 and FGF8 mediate a rhombomere 4 signaling activity in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2002;129:3825-37 pubmed..Taken together, our findings demonstrate a crucial role for FGF-mediated inter-rhombomere signaling in promoting early hindbrain patterning and underscore the significance of organizing centers in patterning the vertebrate neural plate. ..
- Liu D, Chu H, Maves L, Yan Y, Morcos P, Postlethwait J, et al. Fgf3 and Fgf8 dependent and independent transcription factors are required for otic placode specification. Development. 2003;130:2213-24 pubmed
- Draper B, Stock D, Kimmel C. Zebrafish fgf24 functions with fgf8 to promote posterior mesodermal development. Development. 2003;130:4639-54 pubmed..Last, we show that fgf24 is expressed in early fin bud mesenchyme and that inhibiting fgf24 function results in viable fish that lack pectoral fins. ..
- Hans S, Liu D, Westerfield M. Pax8 and Pax2a function synergistically in otic specification, downstream of the Foxi1 and Dlx3b transcription factors. Development. 2004;131:5091-102 pubmed..Combined loss of both factors eliminates all indications of otic specification. We suggest that the Foxi1-Pax8 pathway provides an early 'jumpstart' of otic specification that is maintained by the Dlx3b-Pax2a pathway. ..
- Crump J, Maves L, Lawson N, Weinstein B, Kimmel C. An essential role for Fgfs in endodermal pouch formation influences later craniofacial skeletal patterning. Development. 2004;131:5703-16 pubmed..Moreover, we argue that the Fgf-dependent morphogenesis of the pharyngeal endoderm into pouches is critical for the later patterning of pharyngeal cartilages. ..
- Hans S, Christison J, Liu D, Westerfield M. Fgf-dependent otic induction requires competence provided by Foxi1 and Dlx3b. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:5 pubmed..These results provide further support for the hypothesis that Foxi1 and Dlx3b provide competence for cells to respond to Fgf and form an otic placode. ..
- Hans S, Westerfield M. Changes in retinoic acid signaling alter otic patterning. Development. 2007;134:2449-58 pubmed..Thus, excess RA expands otic competence, whereas the loss of RA impairs the expression of fgf3 and wnt8b in the hindbrain, compromising the induction and maintenance of otic fate. ..
- Jovelin R, He X, Amores A, Yan Y, Shi R, Qin B, et al. Duplication and divergence of fgf8 functions in teleost development and evolution. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2007;308:730-43 pubmed