Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Chen J, Wu M, Sezate S, McGinnis J. Light threshold-controlled cone alpha-transducin translocation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3350-5 pubmed..The novel observation of cTalpha translocation under high-intensity light suggests a light threshold regulates the redistribution of cTalpha possibly as a protective response against very bright light. ..
- Park K, Chen Y, Hu Y, Mayo A, Kompella U, Longeras R, et al. Nanoparticle-mediated expression of an angiogenic inhibitor ameliorates ischemia-induced retinal neovascularization and diabetes-induced retinal vascular leakage. Diabetes. 2009;58:1902-13 pubmed publisher..No toxicities of K5-NP were detected to retinal structure and function. K5-NP mediates efficient and sustained K5 expression in the retina and has therapeutic potential for diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Whitby P, Seale T, Morton D, VanWagoner T, Stull T. Characterization of the Haemophilus influenzae tehB gene and its role in virulence. Microbiology. 2010;156:1188-200 pubmed publisher..influenzae tehB plays a role in both resistance to oxidative damage and haem uptake/utilization, protects H. influenzae from tellurite exposure, and is important for virulence of this organism in an animal model of invasive disease. ..
- Yu Y, Koss M. Functional characterization of alpha-adrenoceptors mediating pupillary dilation in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;471:135-40 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors do not mediate sympathetic mydriasis in rats, and that the alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor is the exclusive subtype mediating mydriatic responses in this species. ..
- Risinger G, Hunt T, Updike D, Bullen E, Howard E. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression by vascular smooth muscle cells is mediated by both stimulatory and inhibitory signals in response to growth factors. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25915-25 pubmed
- Liu T, Masamha C, Chengedza S, Berlin K, Lightfoot S, He F, et al. Development of flexible-heteroarotinoids for kidney cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1227-38 pubmed publisher..Increasing the hydrophilicity of Flex-Hets does not attenuate the differential effect on cancer cells over normal cells, thus offering alternatives for improvement of therapeutic value. ..
- Harris E, Baggenstoss B, Weigel P. Rat and human HARE/stabilin-2 are clearance receptors for high- and low-molecular-weight heparins. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G1191-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both UFH and LMWH are cleared by HARE/Stab2 and that the differences in the affinities of HARE binding to LMWH and UFH likely explain the longer in vivo circulating half-life of LMWH compared with UFH. ..
- Oritani K, Kanakura Y, Aoyama K, Yokota T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Matrix glycoprotein SC1/ECM2 augments B lymphopoiesis. Blood. 1997;90:3404-13 pubmed..Although the C-terminal portion of SC1/ECM2 has sequence homology to osteonectin/SPARC, the unique N-terminal one fifth of the protein was sufficient to augment lymphocyte growth. ..
- Chen G. Effect of hypoxia on noise-induced auditory impairment. Hear Res. 2002;172:186-95 pubmed..10% O(2) exposure significantly potentiated NIHL and 18% O(2) exposure also showed an evident NIHL potentiation. This suggests that people suffering from hypoxia may have increased risk to noise trauma...
- Garrett K, Barron K, Briscoe R, Heesch C. Neurosteroid modulation of [3H]flunitrazepam binding in the medulla: an autoradiographic study. Brain Res. 1997;768:301-9 pubmed..These actions may also underlie alterations in autonomic function during pregnancy. ..
- Towner R, Smith N, Asano Y, He T, Doblas S, Saunders D, et al. Molecular magnetic resonance imaging approaches used to aid in the understanding of angiogenesis in vivo: implications for tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:357-64 pubmed publisher..VEGF-R2 levels in tumor tissues were also confirmed in western blots and via immunohistochemistry. Based on our results, in vivo evaluation of tissue angiogenesis using molecular MRI is possible in tissue engineering applications. ..
- Kahn E, Kinumi T, Tobin S, Matsumoto H. Phosrestide-1, a peptide derived from the Drosophila photoreceptor protein phosrestin I, is a potent substrate for Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II from rat brain. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1998;119:739-46 pubmed..The high phosphorylation level of phosrestide-1 by CaMK II of mammalian origin may reflect highly conserved CaMK II signaling cascades between vertebrates and invertebrates. ..
- Li F, Cao W, Anderson R. Alleviation of constant-light-induced photoreceptor degeneration by adaptation of adult albino rat to bright cyclic light. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4968-75 pubmed..Identification of the molecules involved in this process may allow rational development of therapeutic approaches to treat retinal degenerative diseases. ..
- Towner R, Gillespie D, Schwager A, Saunders D, Smith N, Njoku C, et al. Regression of glioma tumor growth in F98 and U87 rat glioma models by the Nitrone OKN-007. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:330-40 pubmed publisher..001 in F98, P < .05 in U87]), compared with untreated animals. OKN-007 may be considered as a promising therapeutic addition or alternative for the treatment of aggressive human gliomas. ..
- Gao J, Wu M, Li L, Qin C, Farber J, Linderoth B, et al. Effects of spinal cord stimulation with "standard clinical" and higher frequencies on peripheral blood flow in rats. Brain Res. 2010;1313:53-61 pubmed publisher..SCS at 500 Hz significantly increased SCS-induced vasodilation without influencing MT. Furthermore, effects of SCS at 500 Hz are mediated via activation of TRPV1-containing fibers and a release of CGRP. ..
- Shilatifard A, Duan D, Haque D, Florence C, Schubach W, Conaway J, et al. ELL2, a new member of an ELL family of RNA polymerase II elongation factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:3639-43 pubmed
- Weigel J, Raymond R, Weigel P. The hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE) is not CD44 or CD54 (ICAM-1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:918-22 pubmed..Finally, no reactivity was observed against purified HARE in an ELISA-based assay using CD44 or ICAM-1 antibodies. The results confirm that the mammalian endocytic HA receptor is HARE and is not ICAM-1 or CD44. ..
- Johnson A, Greenwood Van Meerveld B, McRorie J. Effects of Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 on post-inflammatory visceral hypersensitivity in the rat. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:3179-86 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 normalized sensitivity to colorectal distension in a rat model of post-inflammatory colonic hypersensitivity. ..
- Rao C, Reddy B, Steele V, Wang C, Liu X, Ouyang N, et al. Nitric oxide-releasing aspirin and indomethacin are potent inhibitors against colon cancer in azoxymethane-treated rats: effects on molecular targets. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:1530-8 pubmed..These results pave the way for the rational design of human clinical trials...
- Kopke R, Wassel R, Mondalek F, Grady B, Chen K, Liu J, et al. Magnetic nanoparticles: inner ear targeted molecule delivery and middle ear implant. Audiol Neurootol. 2006;11:123-33 pubmed..A sinusoidal magnetic field applied to guinea pigs with SNP implanted in the middle ear resulted in displacements of the middle ear comparable to 90 dB SPL. ..
- Dilly A, Rajala R. Insulin growth factor 1 receptor/PI3K/AKT survival pathway in outer segment membranes of rod photoreceptors. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4765-73 pubmed publisher..Light stress induced the activation of PI3K through activation and binding of IGF-1R, which leads to activation of the Akt survival pathway in photoreceptors. ..
- Garrett K, Serizawa H, Hanley J, Bradsher J, Tsuboi A, Arai N, et al. The carboxyl terminus of RAP30 is similar in sequence to region 4 of bacterial sigma factors and is required for function. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23942-9 pubmed..2, is able to assemble with the beta (RAP74) subunit to form a mutant beta gamma (RAP30/74) with impaired ability to interact with RNA polymerase II. ..
- Mandal M, Moiseyev G, Elliott M, Kasus Jacobi A, Li X, Chen H, et al. Alpha-phenyl-N-tert-butylnitrone (PBN) prevents light-induced degeneration of the retina by inhibiting RPE65 protein isomerohydrolase activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32491-501 pubmed publisher..Thus, PBN inhibition of RPE65 catalytic action may provide therapeutic benefit for such retinal diseases. ..
- Rajala R, Basavarajappa D, Dighe R, Rajala A. Spatial and temporal aspects and the interplay of Grb14 and protein tyrosine phosphatase-1B on the insulin receptor phosphorylation. Cell Commun Signal. 2013;11:96 pubmed publisher..Decreased retinal IR activation has previously been reported in this mouse line. Our results suggest that phosphorylation status of the BPS region of Grb14 determines the positive or negative role it will play in IR signaling. ..
- Azain M, Ontko J. Ketone body utilization for lipogenesis in the perfused liver of the obese Zucker rat. Horm Metab Res. 1990;22:561-5 pubmed
- Kamura T, Koepp D, Conrad M, Skowyra D, Moreland R, Iliopoulos O, et al. Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligase. Science. 1999;284:657-61 pubmed..These findings provide a further link between VHL and the cellular ubiquitination machinery. ..
- Liu J, Lamb D, Chou M, Liu Y, Li G. Nerve growth factor-mediated neurite outgrowth via regulation of Rab5. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1375-84 pubmed..Thus, NGF signaling down-regulates Rab5 activity via RabGAP5 to facilitate neurite outgrowth and differentiation. ..
- Baily C, Cason R, Vadvalkar S, Matsuzaki S, Humphries K. Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by phosphoenolpyruvate. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;514:68-74 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate PEP may be an important modulator of mitochondrial function under conditions of decreased ATP. ..
- Towner R, Jensen R, Colman H, Vaillant B, Smith N, Casteel R, et al. ELTD1, a potential new biomarker for gliomas. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:77-90; discussion 91 pubmed publisher..The detection of ELTD1 was also validated in both rodent and human gliomas and may serve as an additional biomarker for gliomas in preclinical and clinical diagnosis of gliomas. ..
- Garteiser P, Doblas S, Watanabe Y, Saunders D, Hoyle J, Lerner M, et al. Multiparametric assessment of the anti-glioma properties of OKN007 by magnetic resonance imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;31:796-806 pubmed publisher..MRI assessment was successfully used to monitor a decrease in tumor growth, and corresponding alterations in ADC and perfusion rates in rat C6 gliomas treated with the anti-glioma agent, OKN007. ..
- Aso T, Haque D, Barstead R, Conaway R, Conaway J. The inducible elongin A elongation activation domain: structure, function and interaction with the elongin BC complex. EMBO J. 1996;15:5557-66 pubmed
- Ivanovic I, Allen D, Dighe R, Le Y, Anderson R, Rajala R. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling in retinal rod photoreceptors. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:6355-62 pubmed publisher..The results provide the first direct evidence that rods use PI3K-generated phosphoinositides for photoreceptor function. The lack of phenotype in pik3r1 KO rod photoreceptors suggests a redundant role in controlling PIP(3) synthesis. ..
- Greenwood Van Meerveld B, Gibson M, Gunter W, Shepard J, Foreman R, Myers D. Stereotaxic delivery of corticosterone to the amygdala modulates colonic sensitivity in rats. Brain Res. 2001;893:135-42 pubmed..Our findings suggest that modulation of anxiety by manipulating amygdala function with corticosterone induced colonic hypersensitivity via descending neuronal pathways from the CeA. ..
- Hanas J, Hocker J, Cheng Y, Lerner M, Brackett D, Lightfoot S, et al. cDNA cloning, DNA binding, and evolution of mammalian transcription factor IIIA. Gene. 2002;282:43-52 pubmed..In their non-finger C-terminal tails, mammalian and amphibian TFIIIAs share a conserved transcription activation domain as well as conserved nuclear localization and nuclear export signals. ..
- Yik J, Saxena A, Weigel P. The minor subunit splice variants, H2b and H2c, of the human asialoglycoprotein receptor are present with the major subunit H1 in different hetero-oligomeric receptor complexes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23076-83 pubmed
- Tucsek Z, Gautam T, Sonntag W, Toth P, Saito H, Salomao R, et al. Aging exacerbates microvascular endothelial damage induced by circulating factors present in the serum of septic patients. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013;68:652-60 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that these responses may contribute to the increased vulnerability of elderly patients to multiorgan failure associated with sepsis. ..
- Chen W, Elias R, Cao W, Lerious V, McGinnis J. Anti-recoverin antibodies cause the apoptotic death of mammalian photoreceptor cells in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 1999;57:706-18 pubmed..The results suggest that anti-recoverin antibodies play a key role in the apoptotic death of photoreceptors in CAR. ..
- Hempel R, Morton D, Seale T, Whitby P, Stull T. The role of the RNA chaperone Hfq in Haemophilus influenzae pathogenesis. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:134 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hfq is involved in the utilization of essential nutrients and facilitates infection by H. influenzae. ..
- Christiansen V, Jackson K, Lee K, McKee P. Effect of fibroblast activation protein and alpha2-antiplasmin cleaving enzyme on collagen types I, III, and IV. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;457:177-86 pubmed..We conclude that FAP works in synchrony with other proteinases to cleave partially degraded or denatured collagen I and III as ECM is excavated, and that derivative peptides might function to regulate malignant cell growth and motility. ..
- Qin C, Farber J, Linderoth B, Shahid A, Foreman R. Neuromodulation of thoracic intraspinal visceroreceptive transmission by electrical stimulation of spinal dorsal column and somatic afferents in rats. J Pain. 2008;9:71-8 pubmed
- Xie J, Guo Q. AATF protects neural cells against oxidative damage induced by amyloid beta-peptide. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;16:150-7 pubmed..AATF may therefore represent a potential candidate for therapeutic intervention of neurodegeneration in both sporadic and familial forms of AD. ..
- Zheng Z, Katoh S, He Q, Oritani K, Miyake K, Lesley J, et al. Monoclonal antibodies to CD44 and their influence on hyaluronan recognition. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:485-95 pubmed..This detailed analysis adds to our understanding of functional domains within CD44 and requirements for antibodies to influence recognition of one ligand. ..
- Bello Roufai M, Li H, Sun Z. Heart-specific inhibition of protooncogene c-myc attenuates cold-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Gene Ther. 2007;14:1406-16 pubmed..The increased c-Myc expression may play a critical role in the pathogenesis of CICH. Thus, heart-specific inhibition of c-Myc expression may be a new and effective approach for the control of CH. ..
- Risinger G, Updike D, Bullen E, Tomasek J, Howard E. TGF-beta suppresses the upregulation of MMP-2 by vascular smooth muscle cells in response to PDGF-BB. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C191-201 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that MMP-2 expression is suppressed by a threshold level of active TGF-beta, which in turn promotes a contractile VSMC phenotype that prevents the upregulation of MMP-2. ..
- Dogan S, Turnbaugh D, Zhang M, Cofie D, Fugate R, Kem D. Thromboxane A2 receptor mediation of calcium and calcium transients in rat cardiomyocytes. Life Sci. 1997;60:943-52 pubmed..This study cannot rule out the possibility that Ang II-mediated increases in TxA2 may have an additive effect on Ca homeostasis. ..
- Wang Y, Kuro O M, Sun Z. Klotho gene delivery suppresses Nox2 expression and attenuates oxidative stress in rat aortic smooth muscle cells via the cAMP-PKA pathway. Aging Cell. 2012;11:410-7 pubmed publisher..The klotho-induced suppression of Nox2 protein expression may be mediated by the cAMP-PKA pathway. ..
- Myers B, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Differential involvement of amygdala corticosteroid receptors in visceral hyperalgesia following acute or repeated stress. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G260-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings suggest that amygdaloid GR and MR may be involved in IBS symptomatology. ..
- Ali T, Shakir F, Morton J. Curcumin and inflammatory bowel disease: biological mechanisms and clinical implication. Digestion. 2012;85:249-55 pubmed..We present an updated concise review of currently available in vitro, animal and clinical studies demonstrating the therapeutic effect of herbal medication in inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Awasthi V, Pathuri G, Agashe H, Gali H. Synthesis and in vivo evaluation of p-18F-Fluorohippurate as a new radiopharmaceutical for assessment of renal function by PET. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:147-53 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate 18F-PFH as a new PET renal agent...
- Morton D, Smith A, Ren Z, Madore L, VanWagoner T, Seale T, et al. Identification of a haem-utilization protein (Hup) in Haemophilus influenzae. Microbiology. 2004;150:3923-33 pubmed publisher..The mutation also resulted in a reduced ability to utilize haem, haem-haemopexin, haem-albumin and haemoglobin-haptoglobin, thus identifying a general haem-utilization protein (Hup) in Haemophilus influenzae...
- Fernandez T, Tarafder M, Balolong E, Joseph L, Willingham A, Belisle P, et al. Prevalence of Schistosoma japonicum infection among animals in fifty villages of Samar province, the Philippines. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2007;7:147-55 pubmed..This, combined with significant village-to-village variation in prevalence of S. japonicum infection, suggest possible different transmission dynamics of the infection in the Province of Samar in the Philippines and China. ..
- Janakiram N, Steele V, Rao C. Estrogen receptor-beta as a potential target for colon cancer prevention: chemoprevention of azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis by raloxifene in F344 rats. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009;2:52-9 pubmed publisher..05-0.005) in F344 rats. Our findings suggest that ER-beta acts as a colon tumor promoter and raloxifene as an antagonist to ER-beta, providing protection against colon carcinogenesis...
- Ataka K, Kuge T, Venkova K, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Seirogan (wood creosote) inhibits stress-induced ion secretion in rat intestinal epithelium. Dig Dis Sci. 2003;48:1303-9 pubmed..The results suggest that Seirogan may be an effective therapy for patients with stress-associated diarrhea. ..
- Tanito M, Kaidzu S, Anderson R. Protective effects of soft acrylic yellow filter against blue light-induced retinal damage in rats. Exp Eye Res. 2006;83:1493-504 pubmed..Given the results, yellow IOL material protects the retina against acute shorter wavelength blue light exposure more effectively than the clear IOL material. ..
- Papka R, Thompson B, Schmidt H. Identification of uterine-related sympathetic neurons in the rat inferior mesenteric ganglion: neurotransmitter content and afferent input. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1996;59:51-9 pubmed..In addition, uterine-related neurons received abundant afferent inputs indicated by SYN-immunoreactive (-ir) terminals and some of these varicosities labeled for GAL, CGRP, VIP, ENK, or NADPH-d/NOS...
- Jou C, Farber J, Qin C, Foreman R. Afferent pathways for cardiac-somatic motor reflexes in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R2096-102 pubmed..Therefore, in addition to spinothalamic convergence of somatic and visceral afferents, activation of SCA to generate spasmlike muscle contractions could account in part for anginal pain, and VCA activation could attenuate this effect...
- Xie J, Awad K, Guo Q. RNAi knockdown of Par-4 inhibits neurosynaptic degeneration in ALS-linked mice. J Neurochem. 2005;92:59-71 pubmed
- Ancha H, Kurella R, McKimmey C, Lightfoot S, Harty R. Luminal antioxidants enhance the effects of mesalamine in the treatment of chemically induced colitis in rats. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:1301-8 pubmed publisher..alpha-Tocopherol plus 5-ASA exerted profound anti-inflammatory and reparative effects upon colitis induced by TNBS. ..
- Johnson A, Myers B, Lazovic J, Towner R, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Brain activation in response to visceral stimulation in rats with amygdala implants of corticosterone: an FMRI study. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8573 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the feasibility of performing fMRI imaging in a rodent model that supports clinical observations in IBS patients with enhanced amygdala activation and symptomatology of abdominal pain and anxiety. ..
- Welder A, Robertson J, Melchert R. Toxic effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids in primary rat hepatic cell cultures. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 1995;33:187-95 pubmed..These data demonstrate a trend toward a structural-activity relationship to AAS-induced toxicity in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes. ..
- Tomita H, Kotake Y, Anderson R. Mechanism of protection from light-induced retinal degeneration by the synthetic antioxidant phenyl-N-tert-butylnitrone. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:427-34 pubmed..Inhibition of c-fos activation by PBN may be the key event in protection. The involvement of oxygen free radicals has been suggested in c-fos activation and the action of PBN could be through its antioxidant activity. ..
- Maher J, Johnson A, Newman R, Mendez S, Hoffmann T, Foreman R, et al. Effect of spinal cord stimulation in a rodent model of post-operative ileus. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2009;21:672-7, e33-4 pubmed publisher..In summary, SCS normalizes gastric emptying and improves upper GI transit in a rodent model of POI. Further experiments are required to address the mechanism(s) by which SCS exhibits prokinetic activity. ..
- Jin H, Guo J, Liu J, Lyu B, Foreman R, Yin J, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects and mechanisms of vagal nerve stimulation combined with electroacupuncture in a rodent model of TNBS-induced colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;313:G192-G202 pubmed publisher..View this article's corresponding video summary at https://youtu.be/-rEz6HMkErM. ..
- Myers D, Gibson M, Schulkin J, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Corticosterone implants to the amygdala and type 1 CRH receptor regulation: effects on behavior and colonic sensitivity. Behav Brain Res. 2005;161:39-44 pubmed..These results provide further evidence for the role of the CRH type 1 receptor to ameliorate both behavioral and physiological functions. ..
- Zhang S, Wang J, Gao G, Shao C, Mott R, Ma J. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is an endogenous antiinflammatory factor. FASEB J. 2006;20:323-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that PEDF is a novel endogenous anti-inflammatory factor in the eye. The decrease of ocular PEDF levels may contribute to inflammation and vascular leakage in DR. ..
- Li G, Rajala A, Wiechmann A, Anderson R, Rajala R. Activation and membrane binding of retinal protein kinase Balpha/Akt1 is regulated through light-dependent generation of phosphoinositides. J Neurochem. 2008;107:1382-97 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that actin cytoskeletal organization may be regulated through light-dependent generation of phosphoinositides. ..
- Liu L, Ng M, Iacopino A, Dunn S, Hughes M, Bourdeau J. Vitamin D receptor gene expression in mammalian kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1994;5:1251-8 pubmed..The intensity of immunostaining and the density of cRNA-associated silver grains suggest that vitamin D-receptor gene expression is greatest in the distal nephron. ..
- Rikans L, Snowden C. Effects of ethanol on microsomal drug metabolism in aging female rats. III. In vivo. Mech Ageing Dev. 1990;55:61-7 pubmed..5 h, but ethanol pretreatment did not affect paralysis time in old rats. Thus, the inhibitory effect of ethanol on zoxazolamine metabolism in vivo appeared to be attenuated in old age. ..
- Azzarello J, Fung K, Lin H. Tissue distribution of human AKR1C3 and rat homolog in the adult genitourinary system. J Histochem Cytochem. 2008;56:853-61 pubmed publisher..These features warrant future studies of AKR1C3 in both hormone- and non-hormone-associated tissues and identification of the rodent homolog for establishing animal models. ..
- Johnson A, Tran L, Schulkin J, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Importance of stress receptor-mediated mechanisms in the amygdala on visceral pain perception in an intrinsically anxious rat. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012;24:479-86, e219 pubmed publisher..These complementary pathways suggest multiple etiologies whereby stress hormones in the CeA may regulate abdominal pain in IBS patients. ..
- Mandal N, Tran J, Saadi A, Rahman A, Huynh T, Klein W, et al. Expression and localization of CERKL in the mammalian retina, its response to light-stress, and relationship with NeuroD1 gene. Exp Eye Res. 2013;106:24-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, CERKL may be important for the stress responses and protection of photoreceptor cells...
- He C, Zhu H, Li H, Zou M, Xie Z. Dissociation of Bcl-2-Beclin1 complex by activated AMPK enhances cardiac autophagy and protects against cardiomyocyte apoptosis in diabetes. Diabetes. 2013;62:1270-81 pubmed publisher..We concluded that dissociation of Bcl-2 from Beclin1 may be an important mechanism for preventing diabetic cardiomyopathy via AMPK activation that restores autophagy and protects against cardiac apoptosis. ..
- Komori N, Neal J, Cain S, Logan J, Wirsig C, Miller K. Presence of beta-arrestin-1 immunoreactivity in the cutaneous nerve fibers of rat glabrous skin. Brain Res. 2003;988:121-9 pubmed..Our observations thus indicate that betaArr1 may be involved in modulation of specific tactile stimulation from the skin in addition to nociception. ..
- Li Y, Heuser J, Cunningham L, Kosanke S, Cunningham M. Mimicry and antibody-mediated cell signaling in autoimmune myocarditis. J Immunol. 2006;177:8234-40 pubmed..Our novel findings link anti-CM Ab with the beta-AR and subsequent Ab-mediated cell signaling in the heart. ..
- Ringer D, Panzeter P, DeCicco L. Alterations in epidermal growth factor binding to hepatic membranes following dietary exposure of rats to known hepatocarcinogens. Toxicol Lett. 1997;91:7-12 pubmed..These findings show that decreases in EGF binding capacity are caused by a diverse group of known hepatocarcinogenic compounds at an early stage in the carcinogenesis process...
- Rajala R, McClellan M, Ash J, Anderson R. In vivo regulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase in retina through light-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of the insulin receptor beta-subunit. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43319-26 pubmed..We suggest that the physiological role of this process may be to provide neuroprotection of the retina against light damage by activating proteins that protect against stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Kim A, Liu B, Ordonez Ercan D, Alvarez K, Jones L, McKimmey C, et al. Functional interaction between mouse erbB3 and wild-type rat c-neu in transgenic mouse mammary tumor cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7:R708-18 pubmed..These data strongly suggest a role for erbB3 in c-neu (ErbB2)-associated mammary tumorigenesis, as has been reported in human breast cancers. ..
- Xie Z, Dong Y, Zhang M, Cui M, Cohen R, Riek U, et al. Activation of protein kinase C zeta by peroxynitrite regulates LKB1-dependent AMP-activated protein kinase in cultured endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6366-75 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that PKCzeta can regulate AMPK activity by increasing the Ser428 phosphorylation of LKB1, resulting in association of LKB1 with AMPK and consequent AMPK Thr172 phosphorylation by LKB1. ..
- Crosswhite P, Sun Z. Ribonucleic acid interference knockdown of interleukin 6 attenuates cold-induced hypertension. Hypertension. 2010;55:1484-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, cold exposure increased IL-6 expression and inflammation, which play critical roles in the pathogenesis of cold-induced hypertension and cardiac and renal damage. ..
- Melchert R, Herron T, Welder A. The effect of anabolic-androgenic steroids on primary myocardial cell cultures. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1992;24:206-12 pubmed..In the evaluation of neutral red retention, 1 x 10(-4) M TC at 24 h showed a significant decrease in ability to retain the dye.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Takagi Y, Pause A, Conaway R, Conaway J. Identification of elongin C sequences required for interaction with the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:27444-9 pubmed
- Towner R, Smith N, Doblas S, Tesiram Y, Garteiser P, Saunders D, et al. In vivo detection of c-Met expression in a rat C6 glioma model. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:174-86 pubmed publisher..Controls with no Ab or with a normal rat IgG attached to the contrast agent component indicated no non-specific binding to glioma tissue. This is the first successful visualization of in vivo overexpression of c-Met in gliomas. ..
- Zhang B, Hu Y, Ma J. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of SERPINA3K in the retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:3943-52 pubmed publisher..SERPINA3K is an endogenous anti-inflammatory factor, and its anti-inflammatory effects may be mediated through antioxidant activity. Decreased retinal levels of SERPINA3K may contribute to retinal inflammation in DR. ..
- Towner R, Smith N, Asano Y, Doblas S, Saunders D, Silasi Mansat R, et al. Molecular magnetic resonance imaging approaches used to aid in the understanding of the tissue regeneration marker Met in vivo: implications for tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:365-71 pubmed publisher..Met levels in tumor tissues were confirmed in Western blots. Based on our results, in vivo evaluation of tissue regeneration using molecular MRI is possible in tissue engineering applications...
- Garrett K, Tan S, Bradsher J, Lane W, Conaway J, Conaway R. Molecular cloning of an essential subunit of RNA polymerase II elongation factor SIII. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5237-41 pubmed..coli NusB protein, suggesting that SIII may be evolutionarily related to proteins involved in the control of transcription elongation in eubacteria. ..
- Noronha R, Akbarali H, Malykhina A, Foreman R, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Changes in urinary bladder smooth muscle function in response to colonic inflammation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1461-7 pubmed