Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
- Lee K, Jackson K, Christiansen V, Lee C, Chun J, McKee P. Why alpha-antiplasmin must be converted to a derivative form for optimal function. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5:2095-104 pubmed..The R6 W polymorphism in Met-alpha(2)AP does not affect its crosslinking to fibrin, but it does slow cleavage by APCE and reduces the amount of Asn-alpha(2)AP available for rapid crosslinking to fibrin. ..
- Robinson M, Horn J. Clinical pharmacology of proton pump inhibitors: what the practising physician needs to know. Drugs. 2003;63:2739-54 pubmed..g. increased digoxin absorption or inability to absorb ketoconazole). ..
- Fazili J, Mallonee S, Tierney W, Bader T, Sachdev A, Bird P, et al. Outcome of a hepatitis C outbreak among patients in a pain management clinic. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1738-43 pubmed publisher..In this large cohort of US immunocompetent patients with recent HCV infection, 22% resolved spontaneously. Younger age was the only predictor of spontaneous clearance. In patients with early chronic HCV, 65% achieved SVR. ..
- Li F, Marchette L, Brush R, Elliott M, Le Y, Henry K, et al. DHA does not protect ELOVL4 transgenic mice from retinal degeneration. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1185-93 pubmed..We conclude that DHA is not beneficial for the treatment of retinal degeneration in this animal model of human STGD3 macular dystrophy. ..
- Bradsher J, Tan S, McLaury H, Conaway J, Conaway R. RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII. II. Functional properties and role in RNA chain elongation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25594-603 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that the factor exerts its activity directly on the elongation complex. ..
- Gallucci R, Sloan D, O Dell S, Reinke L. Differential expression of liver interleukin-6 receptor-alpha in female versus male ethanol-consuming rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2004;28:365-73 pubmed..Given the association of inflammation with ethanol-induced liver damage, these data may offer insight into a possible mechanism by which females develop more severe ALD than males. ..
- Xu J, Zhang X, Monestier M, Esmon N, Esmon C. Extracellular histones are mediators of death through TLR2 and TLR4 in mouse fatal liver injury. J Immunol. 2011;187:2626-31 pubmed publisher..TLR2- or TLR4-null mice were also protected. These studies imply that histone release contributes to death in inflammatory injury and in chemical-induced cellular injury, both of which are mediated in part through the TLRs. ..
- Ali N, Allam H, May R, Sureban S, Bronze M, Bader T, et al. Hepatitis C virus-induced cancer stem cell-like signatures in cell culture and murine tumor xenografts. J Virol. 2011;85:12292-303 pubmed publisher..DCAMKL-1 also represents a novel cellular target for combating HCV-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Bailey Downs L, Mitschelen M, Sosnowska D, Toth P, Pinto J, Ballabh P, et al. Liver-specific knockdown of IGF-1 decreases vascular oxidative stress resistance by impairing the Nrf2-dependent antioxidant response: a novel model of vascular aging. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012;67:313-29 pubmed publisher
- Yokota T, Huang J, Tavian M, Nagai Y, Hirose J, Zuniga Pflucker J, et al. Tracing the first waves of lymphopoiesis in mice. Development. 2006;133:2041-51 pubmed..5 within the embryos. RAG1/GFP+ cells appeared in the liver at E11.0 and progenitors with B and/or T lineage potential were enumerated at subsequent developmental stages. ..
- Rundle D, Rajala R, Alvarez R, Anderson R. Myristoyl-CoA:protein N-myristoyltransferases: isoform identification and gene expression in retina. Mol Vis. 2004;10:177-85 pubmed
- Ma R, Rundle D, Jacks J, Koch M, Downs T, Tsiokas L. Inhibitor of myogenic family, a novel suppressor of store-operated currents through an interaction with TRPC1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52763-72 pubmed..We propose that I-mfa functions as a molecular switch to suppress the store dependence of TRPC1. ..
- Weigel J, Raymond R, McGary C, Singh A, Weigel P. A blocking antibody to the hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE) inhibits hyaluronan clearance by perfused liver. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9808-12 pubmed..The results indicate that mAb-174 will be a useful tool to study the functions of HARE and the physiological significance of HA clearance. ..
- Bradsher J, Jackson K, Conaway R, Conaway J. RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII. I. Identification, purification, and properties. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25587-93 pubmed..All three polypeptides are required to reconstitute SIII transcriptional activity. SIII appears distinct from previously identified mammalian transcription factors. ..
- Serizawa H, Conaway R, Conaway J. Multifunctional RNA polymerase II initiation factor delta from rat liver. Relationship between carboxyl-terminal domain kinase, ATPase, and DNA helicase activities. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:17300-8 pubmed
- Achyuthan K. Characterization of the reciprocal binding sites on human alpha-thrombin and factor XIII A-chain. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998;178:289-97 pubmed
- Weigel J, Raymond R, Weigel P. The hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE) is not CD44 or CD54 (ICAM-1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:918-22 pubmed..Finally, no reactivity was observed against purified HARE in an ELISA-based assay using CD44 or ICAM-1 antibodies. The results confirm that the mammalian endocytic HA receptor is HARE and is not ICAM-1 or CD44. ..
- Kamura T, Burian D, Khalili H, Schmidt S, Sato S, Liu W, et al. Cloning and characterization of ELL-associated proteins EAP45 and EAP20. a role for yeast EAP-like proteins in regulation of gene expression by glucose. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16528-33 pubmed..In addition, we identify the S. cerevisiae VPS36 and YJR102c genes as potential orthologs of EAP45 and EAP20 and show that they are previously uncharacterized SNF genes with properties very similar to SNF8. ..
- Garrett K, Serizawa H, Hanley J, Bradsher J, Tsuboi A, Arai N, et al. The carboxyl terminus of RAP30 is similar in sequence to region 4 of bacterial sigma factors and is required for function. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23942-9 pubmed..2, is able to assemble with the beta (RAP74) subunit to form a mutant beta gamma (RAP30/74) with impaired ability to interact with RNA polymerase II. ..
- Slater L, Welch D, Min K. Rochalimaea henselae causes bacillary angiomatosis and peliosis hepatis. Arch Intern Med. 1992;152:602-6 pubmed..Bacillary peliosis hepatis seemed likely to have the same etiologic agent as bacillary angiomatosis. We sought these pathologic changes in patients from whom R henselae was cultivated...
- Guinto E, Esmon C, Mann K, MacGillivray R. The complete cDNA sequence of bovine coagulation factor V. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:2971-8 pubmed
- Burns G, Brown T, Hatter K, Idriss J, Sokatch J. Similarity of the E1 subunits of branched-chain-oxoacid dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas putida to the corresponding subunits of mammalian branched-chain-oxoacid and pyruvate dehydrogenases. Eur J Biochem. 1988;176:311-7 pubmed..There was also considerable similarity between the E1 beta subunits of Pseudomonas branched-chain-oxoacid dehydrogenase and human pyruvate dehydrogenase. ..
- Mitschelen M, Yan H, Farley J, Warrington J, Han S, Herenu C, et al. Long-term deficiency of circulating and hippocampal insulin-like growth factor I induces depressive behavior in adult mice: a potential model of geriatric depression. Neuroscience. 2011;185:50-60 pubmed publisher..Our study supports the hypothesis that the natural IGF-1 decline in aging humans may contribute to geriatric depression. ..
- Kamura T, Koepp D, Conrad M, Skowyra D, Moreland R, Iliopoulos O, et al. Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligase. Science. 1999;284:657-61 pubmed..These findings provide a further link between VHL and the cellular ubiquitination machinery. ..
- Anderson R, Maude M, Bok D. Low docosahexaenoic acid levels in rod outer segment membranes of mice with rds/peripherin and P216L peripherin mutations. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1715-20 pubmed..The authors propose that reduction in DHA is an adaptive response to metabolic stress caused by the mutation. ..
- Zhou B, Weigel J, Saxena A, Weigel P. Molecular cloning and functional expression of the rat 175-kDa hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2853-68 pubmed..HARE is the first functionally identified member of a protein family that shares a similar organization of Fasciclin, epidermal growth factor-like, Xlink, and transmembrane domains. ..
- Harris E, Baggenstoss B, Weigel P. Rat and human HARE/stabilin-2 are clearance receptors for high- and low-molecular-weight heparins. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G1191-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both UFH and LMWH are cleared by HARE/Stab2 and that the differences in the affinities of HARE binding to LMWH and UFH likely explain the longer in vivo circulating half-life of LMWH compared with UFH. ..
- Rajala R, Wiskur B, Tanito M, Callegan M, Rajala A. Diabetes reduces autophosphorylation of retinal insulin receptor and increases protein-tyrosine phosphatase-1B activity. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1033-40 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that diabetes reduces the autophosphorylation of retinal IR and increased PTP1B activity. Further, PTP1B regulates the state of IR phosphorylation in the retina. ..
- Harris E, Weigel J, Weigel P. The human hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE/Stabilin-2) is a systemic clearance receptor for heparin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17341-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HARE in the sinusoidal endothelial cells of lymph nodes and liver likely mediates the efficient systemic clearance of Hep and many different Hep-binding protein complexes from the lymphatic and vascular circulations. ..
- Fechter L, Klis S, Shirwany N, Moore T, Rao D. Acrylonitrile produces transient cochlear function loss and potentiates permanent noise-induced hearing loss. Toxicol Sci. 2003;75:117-23 pubmed..The results confirm the prediction that ACN is acutely ototoxic and can enhance noise-induced hearing loss. ..
- Voth D, Hamm E, Nguyen L, Tucker A, Salles I, Ortiz Leduc W, et al. Bacillus anthracis oedema toxin as a cause of tissue necrosis and cell type-specific cytotoxicity. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:1139-49 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest OT is cytotoxic in a cell-dependent manner and may contribute to disease through direct cell killing leading to tissue necrosis. ..
- ..The purpose of this review is to provide the recent progress and current theories in T2DM and to summarize animal models for studying the pathogenesis of the disease. ..