Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Zhou X, Li F, Kong L, Chodosh J, Cao W. Anti-inflammatory effect of pigment epithelium-derived factor in DBA/2J mice. Mol Vis. 2009;15:438-50 pubmed..The anti-inflammatory effect of PEDF represents a novel approach to the prevention of glaucomatous RGC death. ..
- Wickham S, West M, Cook P, Hanigan M. Gamma-glutamyl compounds: substrate specificity of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase enzymes. Anal Biochem. 2011;414:208-14 pubmed publisher..This assay is invaluable for studies of oxidative stress, drug metabolism, and other pathways that involve gamma-glutamyl compounds. ..
- Canfield D, Dubowski K, Chaturvedi A, Whinnery J. Drugs and alcohol found in civil aviation accident pilot fatalities from 2004-2008. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83:764-70 pubmed..Factors were discussed that could influence drug trends. Diphenhydramine, an H1 antihistamine with impairing properties, is the most commonly found drug in pilots who died in an aviation accident. ..
- Chernausek S, Arslanian S, Caprio S, Copeland K, El Ghormli L, Kelsey M, et al. Relationship Between Parental Diabetes and Presentation of Metabolic and Glycemic Function in Youth With Type 2 Diabetes: Baseline Findings From the TODAY Trial. Diabetes Care. 2016;39:110-7 pubmed publisher..More targeted research is needed to understand whether the impact of maternal diabetes is modified by racial/ethnic factors or whether the pathway to youth-onset type 2 diabetes differs by race/ethnicity. ..
- Chan W, Qiu W. Human pregnancy-specific beta 1 glycoprotein is encoded by multiple genes localized on two chromosomes. Am J Hum Genet. 1988;43:152-9 pubmed..Thus, human SP1 is apparently coded for by more than one gene residing on the X and 6 chromosomes. ..
- Esmon N, Smirnov M, Esmon C. Thrombogenic mechanisms of antiphospholipid antibodies. Thromb Haemost. 1997;78:79-82 pubmed..It is unlikely any single mechanism is responsible for the thrombogenic activity of all APAs associated with thrombosis and this will be a fertile field of investigation for a significant time to come. ..
- Sen A, Al Deleamy L, Kendirli T. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo in an airline pilot. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2007;78:1060-3 pubmed
- Dong Y, Wu Y, Wu M, Wang S, Zhang J, Xie Z, et al. Activation of protease calpain by oxidized and glycated LDL increases the degradation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:2899-910 pubmed publisher..HOG-LDL may impair endothelial function by inducing calpain-mediated eNOS degradation in a ROS- and Ca(2+)-dependent manner. ..
- Tanito M, Brush R, Elliott M, Wicker L, Henry K, Anderson R. High levels of retinal membrane docosahexaenoic acid increase susceptibility to stress-induced degeneration. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:807-19 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the dual roles of DHA in cellular physiology and pathology. ..
- Frank M, Yang Q, Osban J, Azzarello J, Saban M, Saban R, et al. Frankincense oil derived from Boswellia carteri induces tumor cell specific cytotoxicity. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2009;9:6 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to evaluate frankincense oil for its anti-tumor activity and signaling pathways in bladder cancer cells...
- Maiti A, Kim Howard X, Viswanathan P, Guillén L, Qian X, Rojas Villarraga A, et al. Non-synonymous variant (Gly307Ser) in CD226 is associated with susceptibility to multiple autoimmune diseases. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010;49:1239-44 pubmed publisher..009 (OR = 1.16) and P = 1.1.46 x 10(-9) (OR = 1.14), respectively. Our results demonstrate that the coding variant rs763361 in CD226 gene is associated with multiple ADs in non-European populations. ..
- Blevins S, Bronze M. Robert Koch and the 'golden age' of bacteriology. Int J Infect Dis. 2010;14:e744-51 pubmed publisher..Robert Koch's discovery of the anthrax bacillus in 1876 launched the field of medical bacteriology. A 'golden age' of scientific discovery ensued. A century after Koch's death, we remember his life and work. ..
- Esmon C. Molecular circuits in thrombosis and inflammation. Thromb Haemost. 2013;109:416-20 pubmed publisher..Blocking this histone-mediated cascade has the potential to impact a variety of clinical conditions including sepsis, trauma, chemical toxicity, transplant injury and reperfusion injury. ..
- Du M, Wu M, Fu D, Yang S, Chen J, Wilson K, et al. Effects of modified LDL and HDL on retinal pigment epithelial cells: a role in diabetic retinopathy?. Diabetologia. 2013;56:2318-28 pubmed publisher..N-HDL has protective effects, but HOG-HDL is less effective. Extravasation and modification of HDL may modulate the injurious effects of extravasated modified LDL on the retinal pigment epithelium. ..
- Qiu Y, Tan M, McMeekin S, Thai T, Ding K, Moore K, et al. Early prediction of clinical benefit of treating ovarian cancer using quantitative CT image feature analysis. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:1149-55 pubmed publisher..0%). This study demonstrated the potential of using a quantitative image feature analysis method to improve accuracy of predicting early response of ovarian cancer patients to the chemotherapy in clinical trials. ..
- Patterson A, Kaabinejadian S, McMurtrey C, Bardet W, Jackson K, Zuna R, et al. Human Leukocyte Antigen-Presented Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor Is a Surface Biomarker and Potential Therapeutic Target for Ovarian Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:313-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the HLA-A2/MIF complex should be further explored as a cell-surface target for ovarian cancer immunotherapy. ..
- McClung J, Jupe E, Liu X, Dell Orco R. Prohibitin: potential role in senescence, development, and tumor suppression. Exp Gerontol. 1995;30:99-124 pubmed
- Resta R, Thompson L. T cell signalling through CD73. Cell Signal. 1997;9:131-9 pubmed..The hypothesis that CD73 produces adenosine that is important for T cell development is presented. ..
- Yamashita Y, Hooker S, Jiang H, Laurent A, Resta R, Khare K, et al. CD73 expression and fyn-dependent signaling on murine lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:2981-90 pubmed..Therefore, CD73 might mediate lymphocyte-stromal cell interactions or condition the local microenvironment to facilitate lymphocyte development and/or function. ..
- Panchal J, Amirsheybani H, Gurwitch R, Cook V, Francel P, Neas B, et al. Neurodevelopment in children with single-suture craniosynostosis and plagiocephaly without synostosis. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001;108:1492-8; discussion 1499-500 pubmed..Continued postintervention assessments are needed to determine whether these developmental delays can be ameliorated with treatment. ..
- He X, Chang W, Koelsch G, Tang J. Memapsin 2 (beta-secretase) cytosolic domain binds to the VHS domains of GGA1 and GGA2: implications on the endocytosis mechanism of memapsin 2. FEBS Lett. 2002;524:183-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that the endocytosis and intracellular transport of memapsin 2, mediated by its cytosolic domain, may involve the binding of GGA1 and GGA2. ..
- Rajala R, Chan M. Identification of a NPXY motif in growth factor receptor-bound protein 14 (Grb14) and its interaction with the phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain of IRS-1. Biochemistry. 2005;44:7929-35 pubmed..This is the first report describing the presence of the NPXY motif in Grb14 and binding of the PTB domain of IRS-1 in a phosphorylation-independent manner. ..
- Morton D, VanWagoner T, Seale T, Whitby P, Stull T. Differential utilization by Haemophilus influenzae of haemoglobin complexed to the three human haptoglobin phenotypes. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006;46:426-32 pubmed..A strain expressing only HgpB was able to utilize haemoglobin bound to all haptoglobin phenotypes significantly better than strains expressing either HgpA or HgpC. ..
- Reiner W, Gearhart J. Anxiety disorders in children with epispadias-exstrophy. Urology. 2006;68:172-4 pubmed..To evaluate the hypothesis that anxiety disorders are common comorbid conditions in children with the epispadias-exstrophy complex...
- Targoff I. Myositis specific autoantibodies. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2006;8:196-203 pubmed..The possibility was raised that increased antigen expression in regenerating muscle may help to perpetuate the disease. These antibodies continue to be the subject of active investigation. ..
- Chen Y, Hu Y, Lu K, Flannery J, Ma J. Very low density lipoprotein receptor, a negative regulator of the wnt signaling pathway and choroidal neovascularization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34420-8 pubmed..These results suggest that VLDLR functions as a negative regulator of CNV, and this function is mediated through the wnt pathway. ..
- Kelly J, Kelley J, Kaufman K, Kilpatrick J, Bruner G, Merrill J, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-5 is genetically associated with systemic lupus erythematosus in African Americans. Genes Immun. 2008;9:187-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that genetic variants of IRF5 associate with SLE in multiple populations, providing evidence that IRF5 is likely to be a crucial component in SLE pathogenesis among multiple ethnic groups. ..
- Dernaika T, Younis W, Carlile P. Spontaneous recovery in idiopathic unilateral diaphragmatic paralysis. Respir Care. 2008;53:351-4 pubmed..In this case we describe a 57-year-old male with spontaneous recovery of idiopathic right hemidiaphragm paralysis and review reported cases of reversible diaphragmatic dysfunction. ..
- Rajala R, Ivanovic I, Dilly A. Retinal insulin receptor signaling in hyperosmotic stress. Vitam Horm. 2009;80:583-612 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examined the IR signaling in sorbitol-induced hyperosmotic stressed retinas. ..
- Vanlandingham P, Ceresa B. Rab7 regulates late endocytic trafficking downstream of multivesicular body biogenesis and cargo sequestration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12110-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence that RAB7 is required for the transfer of cargo from the LE/MVB to the lysosome and for endocytic organelle maintenance. ..
- Sekar K, Corff K. To tube or not to tube babies with respiratory distress syndrome. J Perinatol. 2009;29 Suppl 2:S68-72 pubmed publisher..Evidence suggests a synergistic effect between early surfactant administration (within 2 h of birth) and rapid extubation to nasal CPAP with a significant reduction in the need for mechanical ventilation and its associated morbidities. ..
- Dozmorov M, Wu W, Chakrabarty K, Booth J, Hurst R, Coggeshall K, et al. Gene expression profiling of human alveolar macrophages infected by B. anthracis spores demonstrates TNF-alpha and NF-kappab are key components of the innate immune response to the pathogen. BMC Infect Dis. 2009;9:152 pubmed publisher..anthracis are still unknown as many of the genes involved are poorly annotated. ..
- Merrill J, Wallace D, Petri M, Kirou K, Yao Y, White W, et al. Safety profile and clinical activity of sifalimumab, a fully human anti-interferon ? monoclonal antibody, in systemic lupus erythematosus: a phase I, multicentre, double-blind randomised study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:1905-13 pubmed publisher..Trial registration number NCT00299819. ..
- Hong S, Loren D, Rogart J, Siddiqui A, Sendecki J, Bibbo M, et al. Targeted cyst wall puncture and aspiration during EUS-FNA increases the diagnostic yield of premalignant and malignant pancreatic cysts. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012;75:775-82 pubmed publisher..0001). An episode of pancreatitis (1.45%) occurred. Lack of surgical criterion standard. CWP during EUS-FNA is a safe and effective technique for improving the diagnostic yield for premalignant and malignant pancreatic cysts. ..
- Wiechmann A, Sherry D. Role of melatonin and its receptors in the vertebrate retina. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2013;300:211-42 pubmed publisher..The selective and differential expression of melatonin receptor subtypes in cone circuits suggest a conserved function for melatonin in enhancing transmission from rods to second-order neurons and thus promote dark adaptation. ..
- Rajaputra P, Bio M, Nkepang G, Thapa P, Woo S, You Y. Anticancer drug released from near IR-activated prodrug overcomes spatiotemporal limits of singlet oxygen. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1540-9 pubmed publisher..This data consistently support that the released CA4 overcomes the spatiotemporal limitations of (1)O2, providing far superior antitumor effect. ..
- Duan H, Li Y, Arora D, Xu D, Lim H, Wang W. Discovery of a Benzamide Derivative That Protects Pancreatic ?-Cells against Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6191-6204 pubmed publisher..Identification of ?-cell-protective small molecules against ER stress provides a new promising modality for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Chan W, Tease L, Borjigin J, Chan P, Rennert O, Srinivasan B, et al. Pregnancy-specific beta 1 glycoprotein mRNA is present in placental as well as non-placental tissues. Hum Reprod. 1988;3:677-85 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of these clones showed strong hybridization with the SP1 cDNA probe under high stringency, indicating the presence of highly homologous mRNA species in these tissues. ..
- Oritani K, Kanakura Y, Aoyama K, Yokota T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Matrix glycoprotein SC1/ECM2 augments B lymphopoiesis. Blood. 1997;90:3404-13 pubmed..Although the C-terminal portion of SC1/ECM2 has sequence homology to osteonectin/SPARC, the unique N-terminal one fifth of the protein was sufficient to augment lymphocyte growth. ..
- Shankar V, Baghdayan A, Huycke M, Lindahl G, Gilmore M. Infection-derived Enterococcus faecalis strains are enriched in esp, a gene encoding a novel surface protein. Infect Immun. 1999;67:193-200 pubmed..The high degree of conservation of this 13-residue sequence suggests that it plays an important role in the natural selection for this trait among infection-derived E. faecalis and group B streptococcal isolates. ..
- Leppanen A, Penttila L, Renkonen O, McEver R, Cummings R. Glycosulfopeptides with O-glycans containing sialylated and polyfucosylated polylactosamine bind with low affinity to P-selectin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39749-59 pubmed..These results demonstrate that contrary to expectations, a core 2 O-glycan containing sialylated PFPL does not promote high affinity binding of PSGL-1 to P-selectin. ..
- Wright M, Denney L. A comprehensive review of spinal arachnoiditis. Orthop Nurs. 2003;22:215-9; quiz 220-1 pubmed..Unfortunately, there is no cure, only treatment of the chronic symptoms. It is an incurable disease that can cause minor to severe symptoms from unexplained rashes to neurologic defects. ..
- Xia B, Royall J, Damera G, Sachdev G, Cummings R. Altered O-glycosylation and sulfation of airway mucins associated with cystic fibrosis. Glycobiology. 2005;15:747-75 pubmed..These profound structural differences in mucin glycosylation in CF patients may contribute to inflammatory responses and increased pathogenesis by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. ..
- Kordestani R, Patel S, Bard D, Gurwitch R, Panchal J. Neurodevelopmental delays in children with deformational plagiocephaly. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:207-18; discussion 219-20 pubmed..Through this study, we chose to expand upon our earlier findings from 2001 on patients with deformational plagiocephaly...
- Kurien B, Scofield R. Autoantibody determination in the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:227-35 pubmed..While the American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for SLE are primarily a tool for research, they may be useful clinically, in that those patients fulfilling four or more criteria are highly likely to have SLE. ..
- Zhang J, Chen J. Systematic review: applications and future of gastric electrical stimulation. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2006;24:991-1002 pubmed..However, development of a new device and controlled clinical studies are required to further prove clinical efficacy of gastric electrical stimulation. ..
- Xu J, Xie Z, Reece R, Pimental D, Zou M. Uncoupling of endothelial nitric oxidase synthase by hypochlorous acid: role of NAD(P)H oxidase-derived superoxide and peroxynitrite. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:2688-95 pubmed..We conclude that HOCl uncouples eNOS by ONOO- generated from PKC-zeta-dependent NAD(P)H oxidase. ..
- Christiansen V, Jackson K, Lee K, McKee P. The effect of a single nucleotide polymorphism on human alpha 2-antiplasmin activity. Blood. 2007;109:5286-92 pubmed..Therefore, the Arg6Trp polymorphism may play a significant role in governing the long-term deposition/removal of intravascular fibrin. ..
- Awasthi S, Cropper J, Brown K. Developmental expression of Toll-like receptors-2 and -4 in preterm baboon lung. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:1088-98 pubmed publisher..The protein expression of both TLRs was found increased in naturally infected baboons. Our results suggest that the lung TLR expression is developmentally regulated and altered during respiratory infection in preterm babies...
- Hollingsworth A, Stough R, O Dell C, Brekke C. Breast magnetic resonance imaging for preoperative locoregional staging. Am J Surg. 2008;196:389-97 pubmed publisher..Breast MRI is recommended for preoperative evaluation of the newly diagnosed breast cancer patient. ..
- Rianthavorn P, Cain J, Turman M. Use of conivaptan to allow aggressive hydration to prevent tumor lysis syndrome in a pediatric patient with large-cell lymphoma and SIADH. Pediatr Nephrol. 2008;23:1367-70 pubmed publisher..Conivaptan induced free-water clearance as indicated by increased urine output and decreased urine osmolality. The patient responded to conivaptan without any adverse effects. ..
- Jenkins A, Zhang S, Gosmanova A, Aston C, Dashti A, Baker M, et al. Increased serum pigment epithelium derived factor levels in Type 2 diabetes patients. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;82:e5-7 pubmed publisher..3 (2.8) vs. 3.2 (2.0)mug/ml, p<0.001. In diabetes, PEDF correlated with BMI, serum creatinine and LDL-cholesterol, but not with other lipids, HbA1c or CRP. PEDF did not differ by drugs, complications, or gender. ..
- Yamada H, Rao C. BRD8 is a potential chemosensitizing target for spindle poisons in colorectal cancer therapy. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:1101-9 pubmed..Conversely, at least one isoform of BRD8 gave growth advantage and resistance to taxol when stably overexpressed in HeLa cells. Targeting BRD8 would improve therapy outcome against aggressive/metastatic colorectal cancers. ..
- Letton R, Worrell V. Delay in diagnosis and treatment of blunt intestinal injury does not adversely affect prognosis in the pediatric trauma patient. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:161-5; discussion 166 pubmed publisher..Blunt intestinal injury (BII) requiring surgical intervention in the pediatric trauma population remains difficult to diagnose. We sought to determine whether delay in treatment had an adverse affect on patient outcome...
- Azzarello J, Lin H, Gherezghiher A, Zakharov V, Yu Z, Kropp B, et al. Expression of AKR1C3 in renal cell carcinoma, papillary urothelial carcinoma, and Wilms' tumor. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2009;3:147-55 pubmed..e., Wilms' tumor). Our results suggest that AKR1C3 may represent a developmental marker that is related to renal epithelium maturity. ..
- Gupta V, Rajala A, Daly R, Rajala R. Growth factor receptor-bound protein 14: a new modulator of photoreceptor-specific cyclic-nucleotide-gated channel. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:861-7 pubmed publisher..We observed that the channel remains open in Grb14(-/-) mice that are exposed to light, suggesting that Grb14 is a normal physiological modulator of CNG channel function in vivo. ..
- Hughes T, Adler A, Kelly J, Kaufman K, Williams A, Langefeld C, et al. Evidence for gene-gene epistatic interactions among susceptibility loci for systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:485-92 pubmed publisher..0028 and P = 0.0047, respectively). We provide evidence for gene-gene epistasis in systemic lupus erythematosus. These findings support a role for genetic interaction contributing to the complexity of lupus heritability. ..
- Oh S, Shin S, Janknecht R. ETV1, 4 and 5: an oncogenic subfamily of ETS transcription factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1826:1-12 pubmed publisher..Modulation of their activation or interaction with cofactors as well as inhibiting crucial target gene products may ultimately be exploited to treat various cancers that are dependent on the PEA3 group of ETS transcription factors. ..
- He C, Zhu H, Zhang W, Okon I, Wang Q, Li H, et al. 7-Ketocholesterol induces autophagy in vascular smooth muscle cells through Nox4 and Atg4B. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:626-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that up-regulation of autophagy is a cellular protective response that attenuates 7-KC-induced cell death in human aortic smooth muscle cells. ..
- Hanly J, O Keeffe A, Su L, Urowitz M, Romero Díaz J, Gordon C, et al. The frequency and outcome of lupus nephritis: results from an international inception cohort study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016;55:252-62 pubmed publisher..Despite current standard of care, nephritis was associated with ESRD and death, and renal insufficiency was linked to lower health-related quality of life. Further advances are required for the optimal treatment of LN. ..
- Seshadri S, Allan D, Carlyle J, Zenewicz L. Bacillus anthracis lethal toxin negatively modulates ILC3 function through perturbation of IL-23-mediated MAPK signaling. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006690 pubmed publisher..Inhibition studies showed the importance of MAPK signaling in IL-23-mediated production of IL-22. Our finding that MAPK signaling is required for optimal IL-22 production in ILC3s may lead to new approaches for targeting IL-22 biology...
- Edgerton S, Moore D, Merkel D, Thor A. erbB-2 (HER-2) and breast cancer progression. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2003;11:214-21 pubmed..The lack of complete concordance suggests clonal selection or genetic drift in some cases. ..
- Yago T, Lou J, Wu T, Yang J, Miner J, Coburn L, et al. Platelet glycoprotein Ibalpha forms catch bonds with human WT vWF but not with type 2B von Willebrand disease vWF. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3195-207 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in type 2B vWD, prolonged lifetimes of vWF bonds with GPIbalpha on circulating platelets may allow ADAMTS-13 to deplete large vWF multimers, causing bleeding. ..
- Darden P, Gustafson K, Nietert P, Jacobson R. Extra-immunization as a clinical indicator for fragmentation of care. Public Health Rep. 2011;126 Suppl 2:48-59 pubmed..64 and 8.95, respectively. Extra-immunization is associated with receiving immunizations from multiple providers and multiple facility types. ..
- Chrysant S, Izzo J, Kereiakes D, Littlejohn T, Oparil S, Melino M, et al. Efficacy and safety of triple-combination therapy with olmesartan, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide in study participants with hypertension and diabetes: a subpopulation analysis of the TRINITY study. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2012;6:132-41 pubmed publisher..Triple-combination treatment was well tolerated in both diabetes and non-diabetes subgroups. ..
- Adrianto I, Lin C, Hale J, Levin A, Datta I, Parker R, et al. Genome-wide association study of African and European Americans implicates multiple shared and ethnic specific loci in sarcoidosis susceptibility. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43907 pubmed publisher..We further identified suggestive associations with several other genes previously reported in lung or inflammatory diseases. ..
- Resta R, Hooker S, Hansen K, Laurent A, Park J, Blackburn M, et al. Murine ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73): cDNA cloning and tissue distribution. Gene. 1993;133:171-7 pubmed..Messenger RNA levels were in general proportional to enzyme activity, except in the lung and glandular stomach where mRNA levels were higher than expected, based on enzyme activity.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Birdwell B, Herbers J, Kroenke K. Evaluating chest pain. The patient's presentation style alters the physician's diagnostic approach. Arch Intern Med. 1993;153:1991-5 pubmed
- Jupe E, Liu X, Kiehlbauch J, McClung J, Dell Orco R. The 3' untranslated region of prohibitin and cellular immortalization. Exp Cell Res. 1996;224:128-35 pubmed..These data suggest that the prohibitin 3'UTR may function as a trans-acting regulatory RNA (riboregulator) whose tumor suppressor activity has been inactivated by mutation in Group B cells. ..
- D Cruz O, Toth C, Haas G. Recombinant soluble human complement receptor type 1 inhibits antisperm antibody- and neutrophil-mediated injury to human sperm. Biol Reprod. 1996;54:1217-28 pubmed..These findings suggested the therapeutic potential of sCR1 as an intravaginal pharmacophore to prevent C-dependent sperm dysfunction and related inflammatory events in the female genital tract. ..
- Pan J, Xia L, McEver R. Comparison of promoters for the murine and human P-selectin genes suggests species-specific and conserved mechanisms for transcriptional regulation in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10058-67 pubmed..These data suggest that both species-specific and conserved mechanisms regulate transcription of the human and murine P-selectin genes. ..
- Ju T, Brewer K, D Souza A, Cummings R, Canfield W. Cloning and expression of human core 1 beta1,3-galactosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:178-86 pubmed..The core 1 beta3-Gal-T sequence has minimal homology with conserved sequences found in previously described beta3-galactosyltransferases, suggesting this enzyme is only distantly related to the known beta3-galactosyltransferase family. ..
- Bridges L, Tani P, Hanson K, Roberts C, Judkins M, Bowditch R. The lymphocyte metalloprotease MDC-L (ADAM 28) is a ligand for the integrin alpha4beta1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3784-92 pubmed..These results suggest a potential role for the lymphocyte ADAM, MDC-L, in the interaction of lymphocytes with alpha(4)beta(1)-expressing leukocytes. ..
- Turner R, Loy J, Nguyen C, Devasamudram T, Ghosh A, Koelsch G, et al. Specificity of memapsin 1 and its implications on the design of memapsin 2 (beta-secretase) inhibitor selectivity. Biochemistry. 2002;41:8742-6 pubmed..This difficulty was confirmed by the finding that several potent memapsin 2 inhibitors effectively inhibited memapsin 1 as well. Several possible approaches to overcome this problem are discussed. ..
- Xiao J, Natarajan K, Nataraja K, Rajala M, Astley R, Ramadan R, et al. Vitronectin: a possible determinant of adenovirus type 19 tropism for human corneal epithelium. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:363-9 pubmed..We hypothesize that differential tissue tropisms for adenoviruses may derive in part from tissue-specific extracellular matrix expression. ..
- Rajaiya J, Nixon J, Ayers N, Desgranges Z, Roy A, Webb C. Induction of immunoglobulin heavy-chain transcription through the transcription factor Bright requires TFII-I. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4758-68 pubmed..These data suggest that Bright functions as a three-component protein complex in the immunoglobulin locus and tie together previous data indicating important roles for Btk and TFII-I in B lymphocytes. ..
- Hall T, Esmen N, Jones E, Basara H, Phillips M, Marsh G, et al. Chemical process based reconstruction of exposures for an epidemiological study. III. Analysis of industrial hygiene samples. Chem Biol Interact. 2007;166:277-84 pubmed
- Li Z, Xu M, Xing S, Ho W, Ishii T, Li Q, et al. Erlotinib effectively inhibits JAK2V617F activity and polycythemia vera cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3428-32 pubmed..Similar inhibitory effects were found with the JAK2(V617F)-positive human erythroleukemia HEL cell line. These data suggest that erlotinib may be used for treatment of JAK2(V617F)-positive PV and other myeloproliferative disorders. ..
- Nie L, Wu H, Sun X. Ubiquitination and degradation of Tal1/SCL are induced by notch signaling and depend on Skp2 and CHIP. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:684-92 pubmed..These findings provide both novel mechanistic insights into the operation of cullin-based ubiquitin ligase complexes and potential means by which Notch and Tal1/SCL regulate eukaryotic development. ..
- Sontheimer R. Lichenoid tissue reaction/interface dermatitis: clinical and histological perspectives. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:1088-99 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that a better understanding of the immunological commonalities shared by various LTR/IFD disorders will lead to more effective safer treatment options for these illnesses. ..
- Namjou B, Sestak A, Armstrong D, Zidovetzki R, Kelly J, Jacob N, et al. High-density genotyping of STAT4 reveals multiple haplotypic associations with systemic lupus erythematosus in different racial groups. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1085-95 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the functional effects of this association, when they are revealed, might improve our understanding of the disease and provide new therapeutic targets. ..
- Doblas S, He T, Saunders D, Pearson J, Hoyle J, Smith N, et al. Glioma morphology and tumor-induced vascular alterations revealed in seven rodent glioma models by in vivo magnetic resonance imaging and angiography. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;32:267-75 pubmed publisher..F98, RG2, and U87 are infiltrative models that produced dramatic vascular alterations. MRI and MRA provided crucial in vivo information to identify a distinctive "fingerprint" for each of our seven rodent glioma models. ..
- Hanna E, Hennebry T. Periprocedural myocardial infarction: review and classification. Clin Cardiol. 2010;33:476-83 pubmed publisher..Some data suggest that PMI has a better prognosis than a spontaneously occurring myocardial infarction, and that its incidence is reduced with aggressive antiplatelet and statin therapy. ..
- Weems J, Olson A. Class II histone deacetylases limit GLUT4 gene expression during adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:460-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that class II HDAC expression is the major regulatory mechanism for inhibiting GLUT4 expression in the predifferentiated state. ..