Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drug dose response relationship in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Locale: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Topic: drug dose response relationship
- Miner J, Gillan M, Alex P, Centola M. Steroid-refractory ulcerative colitis treated with corticosteroids, metronidazole and vancomycin: a case report. BMC Gastroenterol. 2005;5:3 pubmed..This may warrant the need for more perceptive scrutiny of C. difficile and the like in patients with UC. ..
- Harris E, Weigel J, Weigel P. Endocytic function, glycosaminoglycan specificity, and antibody sensitivity of the recombinant human 190-kDa hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36201-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the rat and human small HARE isoforms have different glycosaminoglycan specificities and sensitivities to inhibition by cross-reacting antibodies. ..
- Daniels A, Ayala E, Chen W, Coop A, Matsumoto R. N-[2-(m-methoxyphenyl)ethyl]-N-ethyl-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)ethylamine (UMB 116) is a novel antagonist for cocaine-induced effects. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;542:61-8 pubmed..All three compounds significantly (P<0.05) altered the locomotor stimulatory effects of cocaine, with UMB115 and UMB116 exhibiting attenuating actions. Together, the studies suggest UMB116 as a novel cocaine antagonist...
- Rao C, Swamy M, Patlolla J, Kopelovich L. Suppression of familial adenomatous polyposis by CP-31398, a TP53 modulator, in APCmin/+ mice. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7670-5 pubmed publisher..Chemopreventive activity of other agents that restore tumor suppressor functions of mutant p53 in tumor cells is currently under investigation. ..
- Bogie A, Towne D, Luckett P, Abramo T, Wiebe R. Comparison of intravenous terbutaline versus normal saline in pediatric patients on continuous high-dose nebulized albuterol for status asthmaticus. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2007;23:355-61 pubmed..To determine if the addition of intravenous terbutaline provides any clinical benefit to children with acute severe asthma already on continuous high-dose nebulized albuterol...
- Zhang M, Dong Y, Xu J, Xie Z, Wu Y, Song P, et al. Thromboxane receptor activates the AMP-activated protein kinase in vascular smooth muscle cells via hydrogen peroxide. Circ Res. 2008;102:328-37 pubmed..We conclude that TPr stimulation triggers reactive oxygen species-mediated LKB1-dependent AMPK activation, which in return inhibits cellular protein synthesis in VSMCs. ..
- Wiechmann A, Chignell C, Roberts J. Influence of dietary melatonin on photoreceptor survival in the rat retina: an ocular toxicity study. Exp Eye Res. 2008;86:241-50 pubmed..Chronic exposure to natural or artificial light and simultaneous intake of melatonin may potentially contribute to a significant loss of photoreceptor cells in the aging retina...
- Myers T, Chengedza S, Lightfoot S, Pan Y, Dedmond D, Cole L, et al. Flexible heteroarotinoid (Flex-Het) SHetA2 inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. Invest New Drugs. 2009;27:304-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SHetA2 inhibits angiogenesis through alteration of angiogenic factor secretion by cancer cells and through direct effects on endothelial cells. ..
- Kyosseva S, Harris E, Weigel P. The hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis mediates hyaluronan-dependent signal transduction via extracellular signal-regulated kinases. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15047-55 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a novel functional response, when HARE binds HA, that leads to activation of ERK1/2, important mediators of intracellular signal transduction. ..
- Damera G, Xia B, Ancha H, Sachdev G. IL-9 modulated MUC4 gene and glycoprotein expression in airway epithelial cells. Biosci Rep. 2006;26:55-67 pubmed..These results implicate a potential role for IL-9 upon MUC4 expression in human airway epithelial cells. ..
- van der Wel H, Ercan A, West C. The Skp1 prolyl hydroxylase from Dictyostelium is related to the hypoxia-inducible factor-alpha class of animal prolyl 4-hydroxylases. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14645-55 pubmed
- Yu Y, Koss M. Alpha2-adrenoceptors do not mediate reflex mydriasis in rabbits. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2004;20:479-88 pubmed
- Csiszar A, Labinskyy N, Olson S, Pinto J, Gupte S, Wu J, et al. Resveratrol prevents monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats. Hypertension. 2009;54:668-75 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that resveratrol exerts anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiproliferative effects in the pulmonary arteries, which may contribute to the prevention of pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Weigel J, Weigel P. Characterization of the recombinant rat 175-kDa hyaluronan receptor for endocytosis (HARE). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42802-11 pubmed..These data suggest that temperature-induced conformational changes may alter the GAG specificity of HARE. The results confirm that the 175-kDa rHARE does not require the larger HARE isoform to mediate endocytosis of multiple GAGs. ..
- Marchette L, Thompson D, Kravtsova M, Ngansop T, Mandal M, Kasus Jacobi A. Retinol dehydrogenase 12 detoxifies 4-hydroxynonenal in photoreceptor cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:16-25 pubmed publisher..This activity is of particular significance to the understanding of the molecular mechanisms of RDH12-induced LCA. ..
- Peak M, Arbuckle J, Rodgers K. The central domain of core RAG1 preferentially recognizes single-stranded recombination signal sequence heptamer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18235-40 pubmed..This study provides important insight into the V(D)J recombination reaction, specifically that significant interaction of the RSS heptamer with RAG1 occurs only after the induction of conformational changes at the RSS heptamer. ..
- Fuller B, Drake M, Spaulding D, Chaudhry F. Downregulation of tyrosinase activity in human melanocyte cell cultures by yohimbine. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:268-76 pubmed..These findings suggest that yohimbine acts through an as yet unidentified signaling pathway to lower the catalytic activity of pre-existing tyrosinase molecules present in melanocytes. ..
- Wang S, Zhang M, Liang B, Xu J, Xie Z, Liu C, et al. AMPKalpha2 deletion causes aberrant expression and activation of NAD(P)H oxidase and consequent endothelial dysfunction in vivo: role of 26S proteasomes. Circ Res. 2010;106:1117-28 pubmed publisher..We conclude that AMPKalpha2 functions as a physiological suppressor of NAD(P)H oxidase and ROS production in endothelial cells. In this way, AMPK maintains the nonatherogenic and noninflammatory phenotype of endothelial cells. ..
- Ungvari Z, Bagi Z, Feher A, Recchia F, Sonntag W, Pearson K, et al. Resveratrol confers endothelial protection via activation of the antioxidant transcription factor Nrf2. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H18-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that resveratrol both in vitro and in vivo confers endothelial protective effects which are mediated by the activation of Nrf2. ..
- Ueki Y, Wang J, Chollangi S, Ash J. STAT3 activation in photoreceptors by leukemia inhibitory factor is associated with protection from light damage. J Neurochem. 2008;105:784-96 pubmed..Our data suggest that photoreceptor protection in response to LIF can be directly mediated by activation of STAT3 in photoreceptors. ..
- Xie J, Guo Q. Par-4 inhibits choline uptake by interacting with CHT1 and reducing its incorporation on the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28266-75 pubmed..These results suggest that Par-4 is directly involved in regulating choline uptake by interacting with CHT1 and by reducing its incorporation on the cell surface. ..
- Garrett K, Basmadjian G, Khan I, Schaneberg B, Seale T. Extracts of kava (Piper methysticum) induce acute anxiolytic-like behavioral changes in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003;170:33-41 pubmed..Demonstration of kava's anxiolytic effects in animals under controlled conditions would provide additional support for its clinical potential as an anxiolytic and would facilitate investigation of its mechanism(s) of action...
- Liaw P, Neuenschwander P, Smirnov M, Esmon C. Mechanisms by which soluble endothelial cell protein C receptor modulates protein C and activated protein C function. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5447-52 pubmed..8 +/- 0.6%. sEPCR also stimulated the amidolytic activity of APC toward synthetic substrates. We conclude that sEPCR binding to APC blocks phospholipid interaction and alters the active site of APC. ..
- Garrett K, Gan J. Enhancement of gamma-aminobutyric acidA receptor activity by alpha-chloralose. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1998;285:680-6 pubmed..These data extend the number of classes of anesthetics that allosterically modulate GABAA receptor activity and indicate that GABAA receptors may be a common site of action for diverse classes of general anesthetics...